PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC Training Suggestions

Stencils
07-17-2008, 08:13 PM
In the discussion about Robbo in another thread, I came up with this idea for a neat topic. Basically, post the names of players and the ONE thing that you'd have them work on above all else based on what we've seen of their play this season.

Sutton: Not giving up big rebounds
Robinson: Keeping his shots down
Smith: Playing the ball into space (instead of trying to deke)
Edwards: Not giving up on the play until the whistle has gone.
Cunningham: Positioning when he's off the ball (yes, I think he needs to work on this more than his actual finishing)

This is more meant as a 'post your own' rather than a thread to critique other people's choices. Let's see what people think!

mclaren
07-17-2008, 08:15 PM
how many shots has Robinson had below the crossbar?

werewolf
07-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Edu - effort, power on shots
Wynne - Crosses
Dichio - speed
Robert - defence
Ibrahim - strength

Flipityflu
07-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Wynne=positioning

ExiledRed
07-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Cunningham - the offside rule, shooting, reading the game, interplay, heading the ball down, staying upright.

olegunnar
07-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Sutton: decisiveness, if you're going to come...come...if not don't...don't go back and forth and end up in no man's land....example...when shitcago hit the bar on Saturday

Velez/Marshall: stop panicking and hoofing the ball up field and or giving Robbo what they call in rugby hospital passes. Many times they panic and pass to Robbo when he's a) marked or b) not in postion or even sometimes facing the goal

Ricketts: give it for a whole 90 minutes.

TorCanSoc
07-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Robinson - two yard passes to already covered team mates. Makes me want to pull out my pit hairs!!!!

Detroit_TFC
07-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Maybe practicing on real grass instead of BMO? Well, maybe not before home games.

Cambridge_Red
07-17-2008, 09:12 PM
C'mon guys... Leave this to the coach these guys are professionals.

Oblio2
07-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Cunningham=Football, the entire game.