PDA

View Full Version : Tfc Lives In Bc

GhostPK
07-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Just how far has love for TFC spread across canada? Obviously there will be some former residents of Toronto in places as far west as the ocean, however, who is a non Easterner and still has diehard love for TFC? (me and my buddies make up three diehard fans, WHITECAPS SUCK! OOOOOOOO TORONTO IM GOING CRAZY OH YES ITS TRUE! SOMETHING HAS COME OVER ME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, MY LIFE IS NOT WORTH LIVING IF I CANNOT SING FOR YOU!)

Cambridge_Red
07-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Good on you buddy!

Welcome aboard

Keegan
07-17-2008, 07:29 PM
glory hunter?

If I were you I would support the Whitecaps man, always loyal. They are going to be in the MLS in a season or two, hold tight.

13CP
07-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Welcome! Nice to see more TFC supporters that aren't in Toronto, or Ontario for that matter.

Flipityflu
07-17-2008, 07:38 PM
glory hunter?

glory hunter?

we haven't won anything yet lol

GhostPK
07-17-2008, 10:53 PM
glory hunter?

If I were you I would support the Whitecaps man, always loyal. They are going to be in the MLS in a season or two, hold tight.

Listen.... TFC is the ORIGINAL Canadian football team to enter the MLS. They wear the red and white of our beautiful country and they have shown me that there are more dedicated football fans in canada aside from me and my friends.

Whitecaps as a team will definately be in the MLS and they will pose a threat to the western conference, however, their fans do not chant, their fans lack intensity, they lack passion. Soccer (or football as it is rightfully called) to them is something they watch to pass the time and maybe cheer if and when they score.

I live in the Okanagan Valley and we travelled to Van to watch TFC take on the 'caps (check us out on the highlights... we're the crazy ones with facepaint and scarfs http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=nKBkOdMmj8Y ) We had Whitecap fans come up to us and thank us, thats right, they thanked us for making the game way more interesting then they thought possible. The support we showed for TFC was foreign to Whitecap fans. We left a HUGE statement that rang out ALL FOR ONE!

Cambridge_Red
07-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Listen.... TFC is the ORIGINAL Canadian football team to enter the MLS. They wear the red and white of our beautiful country and they have shown me that there are more dedicated football fans in canada aside from me and my friends.

Whitecaps as a team will definately be in the MLS and they will pose a threat to the western conference, however, their fans do not chant, their fans lack intensity, they lack passion. Soccer (or football as it is rightfully called) to them is something they watch to pass the time and maybe cheer if and when they score.

I live in the Okanagan Valley and we travelled to Van to watch TFC take on the 'caps (check us out on the highlights... we're the crazy ones with facepaint and scarfs http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=nKBkOdMmj8Y ) We had Whitecap fans come up to us and thank us, thats right, they thanked us for making the game way more interesting then they thought possible. The support we showed for TFC was foreign to Whitecap fans. We left a HUGE statement that rang out ALL FOR ONE!

Don't worry dude majority are welcoming the rest bitch for the point of bitching. As said before the more the merrier :cheers:

FluSH
07-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Don't worry dude majority are welcoming the rest bitch for the point of bitching. As said before the more the merrier :cheers:

Well Said!

Welcome Ghost!

Northern Soul
07-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Welcome from the Sask RPB-ers!

Sonny Cheeba
07-18-2008, 12:48 AM
you dudes need to get a roadtrip going and pick up the saskatchewan connection on the way.

Fort York Redcoat
07-18-2008, 07:00 AM
I want to keep hearing the support from you Ghost especially after the Caps are in MLS. I'll be watching...Oh and welcome.:)

koryo
07-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Welcome Ghost and good on you.

magicfro
07-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Just wondering....is there a RPB BC Chapter?

Cambridge_Red
07-18-2008, 10:41 AM

Make it happen!

Vancity RED
07-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Ghost - I'm moving to Vancouver from Toronto in Septmber and worry that I won't have anyone to go crazy with. I'm hoping to find a pub/bar/whatever where fellow Reds get together. I'm new at this RPB thing and a new footy fan in general, but I'm fully addicted. I'm hopeful that there will be some road (sky) trips to go see the TFC when they play out west.

MartinUtd
07-18-2008, 05:58 PM
You must be pretty pumped for Seattle then. How long of a drive will that be? I have a buddy moving out to Whistler and he can't wait for the away games next season.

GhostPK
07-18-2008, 07:11 PM

BC chapter is already in the works... I have sent emails to FluSH and the higher up RPBs. Its only a matter of time, discussion and whatever else they do :)

GhostPK
07-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Ghost - I'm moving to Vancouver from Toronto in Septmber and worry that I won't have anyone to go crazy with. I'm hoping to find a pub/bar/whatever where fellow Reds get together. I'm new at this RPB thing and a new footy fan in general, but I'm fully addicted. I'm hopeful that there will be some road (sky) trips to go see the TFC when they play out west.

Dude, any time TFC comes to Van, I'll make sure to be there! Whitecaps got nothin on TFC.

poppamidnight
07-18-2008, 08:05 PM
dude i gotta admit,
as a British Columbian who moved here about 5 years ago, you really got me scratching my head on this one...
I switched over when MLS was a go... new local team and all, a team for me to follow from the start,

but i'll tell ya this,
If i was in BC, knowing how ridiculously close the Whitecaps-to-MLS is (only setback being stadium, everything else being green-lighted), i'd be diehard whitecaps fan my man... (although i'd still follow/cheer for TFC obviously as it's the only current canadian MLS team)...
and besides, everyone ALWAYS roots for the underdog (except the favourites fans)...

Boschmeister
07-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Welcome from Calgary RPB - The Rednecks!

Nerepis
07-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Welcome, from the East Coast and New Brunswick. From sea to fuckin' shining sea, Toronto til' I die...:canada:

ExiledRed
07-18-2008, 10:45 PM

This is the thing, One day, I may well move to Vancouver also and I might go to Whitecaps matches, but I wont support them.

I will more importantly attend every TFC match in Vancouver and Seattle if I ever do move there and it's nice to think that there will be a growing fan base of established resident supporters who will be there to add to the actual away crowd from Toronto.

ex patriated and foreign fans do have there uses you know.

GhostPK
07-19-2008, 03:04 AM
dude i gotta admit,
as a British Columbian who moved here about 5 years ago, you really got me scratching my head on this one...
I switched over when MLS was a go... new local team and all, a team for me to follow from the start,

but i'll tell ya this,
If i was in BC, knowing how ridiculously close the Whitecaps-to-MLS is (only setback being stadium, everything else being green-lighted), i'd be diehard whitecaps fan my man... (although i'd still follow/cheer for TFC obviously as it's the only current canadian MLS team)...
and besides, everyone ALWAYS roots for the underdog (except the favourites fans)...

Man, the largest reason me and my buddies do not cheer for (and now dispise) the Vancouver Whitecaps is simply their lack of fan support. I cannot stress hard enough how absent their 12th man was at the TFC game. We sat 23 rows back in section B, and their mascot was trying to pump up the crowd by striking the drum 9 times then shouting "Whitecaps!" (exact same chant as us clapping 9 times then yelling T.O!)
The fans were there to watch the game, not to get involved in the game. Three of us started yelling TO! while whitecap fans tried yelling whitecaps, and we over chanted them. More TFC fans from our section started to chant with us and early in the game the mascot moved to the other end of the stadium. We totally dominated sections A through C, few verus many. We had another group of buddies sitting in section F with a snare drum and air horn. The only time whitecap fans errupted was on a home team goal. I've seen more fan participation in amatur (totally spelt wrong) tennis.

After 90 minutes had come and gone, everyone left immediately. A group of us were still chanting for TFC with our drum and air horn. Even after that group dispersed, me and my buddies stayed to say good game and farewell to our heros.

Im not trying to make like Im the greatest TFC fan, however I do believe a good football club totally wins over the hearts of their fans. The Whitecaps havent done that. Sure there are the diehard few, but most people could care less until whitecaps prove themselves. If that isnt bandwagon jumping then I dont know what is.

The fans of TFC have shown me and my buddies how passionate they are, that fire has spread to us and we will gladly wear our scarves on the hottest day down to the beach just to show everyone what TFC means to us. With TFC there is no greatest fan, for being a fan of TFC is being the greatest fan period. All for one.

Vancity RED
07-20-2008, 09:21 AM
I'll go to Whitecaps games and all, and I will freely admit right now that I will most likely be the very definition of a part-time supporter. I'm with Ghost - I love the TFC for a number of reasons, but it's the passion of the club's supporters that has turned my regular "fandom" into a full-on addiction.

GhostPK
07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
I'll go to Whitecaps games and all, and I will freely admit right now that I will most likely be the very definition of a part-time supporter. I'm with Ghost - I love the TFC for a number of reasons, but it's the passion of the club's supporters that has turned my regular "fandom" into a full-on addiction.

Well don't expect much from Whitecap supporters (unless we sparked something in their fans).

Troll
07-21-2008, 07:49 PM

That sucks dude. I was just in Kelowna in May/June. Had you posted this earlier I would've bought you a beer. BTW... I loved Kelowna. Wouldn't mind moving out there at some point.

GhostPK
07-21-2008, 08:55 PM
That sucks dude. I was just in Kelowna in May/June. Had you posted this earlier I would've bought you a beer. BTW... I loved Kelowna. Wouldn't mind moving out there at some point.

I love free beer... :)

Dunkers
07-21-2008, 10:23 PM
im moving to whistler for Aug 15th, and im am gonna miss my season tix in Toronto, I will always bleed red and grey but i was hoping i would find a second team in the whitecaps...they are leading the USL? No?

GhostPK
07-23-2008, 02:09 AM
im moving to whistler for Aug 15th, and im am gonna miss my season tix in Toronto, I will always bleed red and grey but i was hoping i would find a second team in the whitecaps...they are leading the USL? No?

I can't stress enough... do not expect whitecap fans to be anywhere near as passionate as TFC fans.... It just won't happen.