PDA

View Full Version : Joe Bendik up for MLS Save of the Week - Cast your votes!

Red I
04-02-2013, 04:31 PM
While some areas of the starting 11 are questionable, i think we can all safely say this is one area that has solid depth.

With saves like this, it's pretty much his spot to lose at this point...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/04/02/vote-now-mls-save-week-week-5

West220Side
04-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Unlike those Seattle fans I like to think we watch the video and vote for who deserves it, not our player automatically.

Between Joe Cannon and Bendik for me. Those Gspuring saves seemed nice, but for me it seems like they shot it right at him? As for the Donovan save it was a pretty weak shot.

Oldtimer
04-03-2013, 07:57 AM
I actually voted for Joe Cannon. Bendik's save was great, but Cannon's was even better. Some great plays this week.

flamehawk
04-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Unlike those Seattle fans I like to think we watch the video and vote for who deserves it, not our player automatically.

Between Joe Cannon and Bendik for me. Those Gspuring saves seemed nice, but for me it seems like they shot it right at him? As for the Donovan save it was a pretty weak shot.

Haha, don't remember first year? when we stacked all of these votes?

TOBOR !
04-03-2013, 09:13 AM
LOL ^ and the second year, and the third...since we weren't competing for anything else, here was something we could win. I think it was stuff like this that helped get other groups off their duffs.

On the topic, I voted for Ricketts. Bendik was well-placed to make his stop. His hand seems to be waiting for the ball, and he pushes it wide. Now watch the play unfold in front of Ricketts. Watch him adjust his position as the ball moves around the box a bit. He seems a bit unsighted as he looks around players to find the ball and reacts well to save the shot. Anyone will tell you that the Cannon save was at the perfect height for a goalkeeper, and Gspurning's saves had more to do with the shot and him just 'making himself big'.

BuSaPuNk
04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
^ I agree Ricketts save was the best with Bendik a close second. Love how we fought through the traffic to see the ball at the last minute and dive to his right.

C.Ronaldo
04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
^ agreed. the focus this take is immense, you can tell the ball was moving in slow mo for him at that point in time.

Yohan
04-03-2013, 04:38 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/04/03/joe-bendik-seizes-his-chance-turns-heads-goal-toronto-fc

Article on Bendik