PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday,Apr.01

denime
04-01-2013, 05:37 AM
Mornin'

TFC TV

(http://www.torontofc.ca/video)Late-game gaffe punishes Reds (http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/30/late-game-gaffe-hands-la-galaxy-a-share-at-bmo-field)

TFC needs to revamp its midfield (http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/31/tfc-needs-to-revamp-its-midfield)

(http://www.torontofc.ca/video)TFC Related Blogs !!

(http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?29582-TFC-MLS-blogs-thread)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)

CoachGT
04-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Just a reminder that we will be changing status from Member to Registered User starting this week for those who have not renewed your membership. And membership cards will not have your name on them after today!

Technorgasm
04-01-2013, 07:27 AM
I thouhg Silva was a very positive influence on the game. . . while Califf and OD look to be closing gaps and getting a better understanding of each other.

There are a lot of positives to be taken from this weekends game. . . .
even though the decison to head back across goal cost us the 2 points. . . . . I feel for young Darel Russell, whom I know nothing about.

Have a wonderful week everyone.

T-boy
04-01-2013, 08:50 AM
It's funny, I've read several time about Russel being a rookie! I'm sure most are being ironic, right?

Canary10
04-01-2013, 09:12 AM
I thouhg Silva was a very positive influence on the game. . . while Califf and OD look to be closing gaps and getting a better understanding of each other.

There are a lot of positives to be taken from this weekends game. . . .
even though the decison to head back across goal cost us the 2 points. . . . . I feel for young Darel Russell, whom I know nothing about.

Have a wonderful week everyone.

Russel has 16 years of professional football experience in England. He's not young....

As much as there were breakdowns the led to the equalizer, he did make the worst mistake of anyone by heading it back across the goal. That goal is really on him, as he admitted after to his credit.

T-boy
04-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Russel has 16 years of professional football experience in England. He's not young....

As much as there were breakdowns the led to the equalizer, he did make the worst mistake of anyone by heading it back across the goal. That goal is really on him, as he admitted after to his credit.

I don't fully agree. It's making it sound like Russel meant to head the ball back across the goal, which he clearly didn't intend at all. It's an unfortunate mistake, but not intentional in any way. He was just stretching as far as he could to get ANYTHING on the ball to beat the two players he ended up marking (as other weren't marking anybody at all). I put the error on several of the other players who weren't putting in the effort at that time. Russel was clearly putting in 150% effort, and it backfired.

What other option did Russel have at that point? He could have not leapt for the ball and let one of the two LA players head the ball back towards the goal? No. If Lambe would have covered backwards, as he should given that we were trying to keep a lead with 30 seconds to go, then Russel wouldn't have been in the position of marking two players at the same time.

I won't blame players or complain when they put in a lot of effort, and it unfortunately backfires. I'm surprised Russel even got his head to that ball as he was vastly outnumbered and should have been the underdog to get that ball.

Canary10
04-01-2013, 09:55 AM
I don't fully agree. It's making it sound like Russel meant to head the ball back across the goal, which he clearly didn't intend at all. It's an unfortunate mistake, but not intentional in any way. He was just stretching as far as he could to get ANYTHING on the ball to beat the two players he ended up marking (as other weren't marking anybody at all). I put the error on several of the other players who weren't putting in the effort at that time. Russel was clearly putting in 150% effort, and it backfired.

What other option did Russel have at that point? He could have not leapt for the ball and let one of the two LA players head the ball back towards the goal? No. If Lambe would have covered backwards, as he should given that we were trying to keep a lead with 30 seconds to go, then Russel wouldn't have been in the position of marking two players at the same time.

I won't blame players or complain when they put in a lot of effort, and it unfortunately backfires. I'm surprised Russel even got his head to that ball as he was vastly outnumbered and should have been the underdog to get that ball.

Of course it wasn't intentional but a mistake is a mistake. I don't think Leonardo intended to send Earnshaw in one-on-one with his keeper either. Actually Russell would bave been better to just get in the way of the other two rather than head the ball. So yeah, he should just let it go. If he was leaping with the two LA players, it's likely no one would have go a clean header off.

Joe Kool
04-01-2013, 10:04 AM
I haven't played much soccer in my life but played lots of hockey. Sometimes bounces don't go the way you figure in sports. I have accidentally deflected shots into my net in the past or made bad passes as a defenseman. Shit happens sometimes. Now if shit happens every time then...... For now we just need to chalk it up to a bounce going the wrong way and move on. Bring on Dallas....

Mark in Ottawa
04-01-2013, 03:07 PM
he did make the worst mistake of anyone by heading it back across the goal. That goal is really on him, as he admitted after to his credit.
Play as a team ... win/lose as a team.
Why were TFC in a position to give up a late goal for a tie?? Because of their play AS A TEAM.

"Hakuna mattatta" (or however you spell that) ... shit happens.
Now onward to the next game/team effort!

Yohan
04-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Part 2 of Merritt Paulson of Timbers story, and firing of John Spencer as manager

Technorgasm
04-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Part 2 of Merritt Paulson of Timbers story, and firing of John Spencer as manager

Are you PORTLAND in disguise?

Love you.