PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC Council

Oldtimer
03-28-2013, 07:44 AM
Email from ML$E:

As a valued Season Seat Holder, we'd like to invite you to join Toronto FC Council, our new online customer panel.

Toronto FC Council is an online customer forum dedicated to improving the experience of every one of the thousands of fans who visit BMO Field every year. Through regular surveys and polls you can help shape our policies and practices.

Join Toronto FC Council

Every time you share your thoughts you'll be eligible to win prizes from Toronto FC.

As an early membership bonus, join by Monday April 15th, 2013 and you will be entered for a chance to win tickets, kits and merchandise from Toronto FC. Please click here for the complete contest rules and prize list.

Please note that Toronto FC Council members could receive up to one survey per month on a variety of topics. As a Season Seat Holder, you will continue to receive annual surveys pertaining to your account, including the Season Seat Holder Service Survey.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Toronto FC
//ALL FOR ONE

Interesting initiative... getting fan input is a valuable thing. The CAA and GO Transit have done similar things recently with their customers.

Fort York Redcoat
03-28-2013, 07:47 AM
HAhahaa

input in survey form of course. I'm pretty sure a comment section would be even worse than the fb responses they get.

Anyway, They are trying and that's something.

Oldtimer
03-28-2013, 08:04 AM
The questions they asked in the pre-qualifying survey:

What Province do you live in? (Click on province or outside of Canada)
Are you currently an employee of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment?
Are you currently employed by a media or press outlet?
Are you male or female?
In What Year and Month were you born? [January 1912 is the earliest date, so if you're over 99 years old they don't expect to hear from you]
Please enter your 6 digit postal code
Household income
Current Employment Status
Marital Status
How many children under 18 do you have living at home?
Highest level of formal education
Interest in the following teams (avid, casual, not a fan): Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Argonauts, Toronto Marlies, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, Toronto FC
In the 12 past months have you attended a Toronto FC game at BMO Field [screens out scalpers?]
How many Toronto FC games at BMO Field have you attended?

[Then there was a question about which Toronto Teams you've watched online or on TV]

Do You belong to any of the following Toronto FC Supporters Groups (Red Patch Boys, Original 109, U-Sector, Tribal Rythm Nation, None of the Above)?

CommradePolski
03-28-2013, 08:27 AM
I signed up for it.

phonzo
03-28-2013, 08:39 AM
I can't ever slag on their efforts to try to engage their "fanbase"....alas in the end if all it amounts to is lip service - then what's the point.

ensco
03-28-2013, 09:00 AM
I think people should think carefully about participating in this. "Engaging the fan base" is not likely what's driving this.

It's not necessarily in your interest for corporations to understand you as well as they'd like.

billyfly
03-28-2013, 09:08 AM
^ As I filled out the form I thought "What will Ensco say about this?"

Lol.

I signed up just to b*tch about BMO Field. (Where's my gate!?)

glaze
03-28-2013, 09:23 AM
I signed up, but I think its pretty irrelevant. The significant changes that are needed to enhance the gameday experience at BMO will not be accomplished based on a survey they send out.
But as SSH's, they already have all of our data, so really there is no harm in filling out the form, and providing some feedback.
I really would like to see that reports that stem from them. As someone who used to compile those reports for the CBC, the comments can be rather entertaining.

BFin
03-28-2013, 09:30 AM
The questions they asked in the pre-qualifying survey:

What Province do you live in? (Click on province or outside of Canada)
Are you currently an employee of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment?
Are you currently employed by a media or press outlet?
Are you male or female?
In What Year and Month were you born? [January 1912 is the earliest date, so if you're over 99 years old they don't expect to hear from you]
Please enter your 6 digit postal code
Household income
Current Employment Status
Marital Status
How many children under 18 do you have living at home?
Highest level of formal education
Interest in the following teams (avid, casual, not a fan): Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Argonauts, Toronto Marlies, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, Toronto FC
In the 12 past months have you attended a Toronto FC game at BMO Field [screens out scalpers?]
How many Toronto FC games at BMO Field have you attended?

[Then there was a question about which Toronto Teams you've watched online or on TV]

Do You belong to any of the following Toronto FC Supporters Groups (Red Patch Boys, Original 109, U-Sector, Tribal Rythm Nation, None of the Above)?

Disguising market research as an engaging fan council...brilliant marketing actually.

FluSH
03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
^^^^
yup

Stress
03-28-2013, 09:55 AM
I signed up so I can vote on the starting 11 when they fire Nelson.

Joe Kool
03-28-2013, 10:03 AM
The first time I saw this was for Rogers so not real surprised to see it with MLSE now. I became a panel member for Rogers products/services years ago. It was actually interesting to see some of the things they were coming up with as possible products/services. Some stuff I thought was a good idea and some stuff I said it sucked on the survey. Some of the things from the surveys ended up coming out but most stuff didn't. I figure the responses played a role in some way. It was good to weigh in on stuff that could affect me and I hope in this case that if the majority likes or dislikes something they will actually use that as a decision making tool. Like some have said I don't put them down at all for trying to engage us. I don't mind being part of a marketing thing as long as they use the information they get and are not wasting my time.

dupont
03-28-2013, 10:11 AM
I don't mind them doing market research on what food to serve and things like that, I just hope they are done listening to the fans on player signings etc

Abou Sky
03-28-2013, 10:26 AM
I think people should think carefully about participating in this. "Engaging the fan base" is not likely what's driving this.

It's not necessarily in your interest for corporations to understand you as well as they'd like.

Never quite understood this mentality.

I LIKE targeted advertising, I want ads about stuff that I care about. I don't want ads for hemorrhoid creme, I do want ads about new tech.

Yagbod
03-28-2013, 10:44 AM
I lied on almost all of their questions. I would love to help them improve the fan experience or whatever, but they do not need to know my income, education or number of children for that. They can go fuck themselves on their data mining.

jloome
03-28-2013, 11:12 AM

Unless you enjoy their engagement of removing more money from your pocket while tailoring the services and products you enjoy in life to make you consume as much as possible.

But then you'd be Jabba The Hutt.

jloome
03-28-2013, 11:19 AM
I lied on almost all of their questions. I would love to help them improve the fan experience or whatever, but they do not need to know my income, education or number of children for that. They can go fuck themselves on their data mining.

QFFT. What a shitty cynical move; "hey, while we're making headway with rebuilding the team, let's cynically use it to try and data mine the suckers who are buying in! Yay!"

I have to say, I've spent the last year building the first half (or third, really) of a home-based income from fiction writing and the web, after twenty years of working for these sorts of people. (I write kindle novels as LH Thomson, for what it's worth.)

It's an inevitable part of the human tribal construct -- whether you call it community, ideology, tribalism or whatever -- that the people who aspire to lead it aren't there for the same communal reasons as the supporters; if they were, usually they'd just be supporters, and not leaders. They're there for more selfish reasons, and every time we give them an inch, they will try to take a mile back the second way.

The sole reason the Seattle experience is so different is that two-thirds of the ownership were fans first, owners second. That's why they're willing to give their fans a say in the GM.

We're the polar opposite. No matter how well Nelson and Payne do, a company like MLSE will always defer to the base manipulation of the bottom line, and that requires the base manipulation of its customer base.

The best the vast majority who want a balance between financial success for the club and success on the field can do is cast a weary eye around for bullshit like this survey, and then treat it with the contempt it deserves. Hell, email Payne en masse; I'm sure someone can figure out his MLSE address. Tell him we're not fans of abuse; we don't particularly like being hugged with one hand and slapped with the other.

Oldtimer
03-28-2013, 11:55 AM
The first time I saw this was for Rogers so not real surprised to see it with MLSE now. I became a panel member for Rogers products/services years ago. It was actually interesting to see some of the things they were coming up with as possible products/services. Some stuff I thought was a good idea and some stuff I said it sucked on the survey. Some of the things from the surveys ended up coming out but most stuff didn't. I figure the responses played a role in some way. It was good to weigh in on stuff that could affect me and I hope in this case that if the majority likes or dislikes something they will actually use that as a decision making tool. Like some have said I don't put them down at all for trying to engage us. I don't mind being part of a marketing thing as long as they use the information they get and are not wasting my time.

My feelings exactly. I refused to give my income, but everything else I answered. I am part of the GO Transit panel, and I've seen significant improvements in service coming from the ideas on the panel. It's been quite worthwhile. As a corporation like ML$E, you don't do this primarily to mine a database (you can, but there are cheaper ways to do that than spending the time to run panels). You do it to get constructive feedback on a discrete set of issues, rather than the unfocused complaints that you'd get on a Facebook page.

Abou Sky
03-28-2013, 11:56 AM
QFFT. What a shitty cynical move; "hey, while we're making headway with rebuilding the team, let's cynically use it to try and data mine the suckers who are buying in! Yay!"

I have to say, I've spent the last year building the first half (or third, really) of a home-based income from fiction writing and the web, after twenty years of working for these sorts of people. (I write kindle novels as LH Thomson, for what it's worth.)

It's an inevitable part of the human tribal construct -- whether you call it community, ideology, tribalism or whatever -- that the people who aspire to lead it aren't there for the same communal reasons as the supporters; if they were, usually they'd just be supporters, and not leaders. They're there for more selfish reasons, and every time we give them an inch, they will try to take a mile back the second way.

The sole reason the Seattle experience is so different is that two-thirds of the ownership were fans first, owners second. That's why they're willing to give their fans a say in the GM.

We're the polar opposite. No matter how well Nelson and Payne do, a company like MLSE will always defer to the base manipulation of the bottom line, and that requires the base manipulation of its customer base.

The best the vast majority who want a balance between financial success for the club and success on the field can do is cast a weary eye around for bullshit like this survey, and then treat it with the contempt it deserves. Hell, email Payne en masse; I'm sure someone can figure out his MLSE address. Tell him we're not fans of abuse; we don't particularly like being hugged with one hand and slapped with the other.

See, I don't really buy this whole 'MLSE is evil' thing.

I have owned my own business since I was 20, I DO care about my customers and what they think because I want to serve them.

MLSE does want to pick your pocket of more money, they want to know HOW to best pick your pocket and make you happy while they do it.

Example, I promised my son a new long sleeved O'Dea jersey if they have one in youth size if they have it at the next BMO home game. By filling out the questionnaire they know that I have kids and I have money and I want there to be youth sized gear in the team shop.

Market research is there to benefit the consumers as well as the vendors.

ensco
03-28-2013, 12:00 PM

Lol.

Funny. I always wonder what billyfly will say in the hockey threads.

ensco
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM

I have owned my own business since I was 20, I DO care about my customers and what they think because I want to serve them.

MLSE does want to pick your pocket of more money, they want to know HOW to best pick your pocket and make you happy while they do it.

Example, I promised my son a new long sleeved O'Dea jersey if they have one in youth size if they have it at the next BMO home game. By filling out the questionnaire they know that I have kids and I have money and I want there to be youth sized gear in the team shop.

Ahh, but you are a small business owner. You I tip my hat to. But you are unable to put customer information to work the way the behemoths can.

The modern fetish for data mining by big corporations is out of control. I mean that literally. Even well intentioned things are going wrong all over the place, no one really knows or understands how and where this information is being used, or where this is going.

This is way bigger than MLSE. We need to stop the cyborgs.
http://stopthecyborgs.org/about/

fergiejr
03-28-2013, 12:07 PM
I didn't read this email as anything BUT market research, and I have signed up for it based on that. I would like to have my say in what I see at BMO in the future - even if they don't use my opinion. It's one thing to complain about it when you're there on game day, and another to actually say somethign about it to someone who could be listening.

When you sign up, you can go into the portal and there is an area you can click in to put comments in for your last experience at a TFC game. It's essay format, not survey format for the first part, so you can put in whatever you want. Then they ask when it was, and where it was and how you would categorize your comments.

Hey maybe, just maybe, if they had this thing before the switch to Budweiser we may have avoided that by all collectively saying "No". :drinking:

Oldtimer
03-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Ahh, but you are a small business owner. You I tip my hat to. But you are unable to put customer information to work the way the behemoths can.

The modern fetish for data mining by big corporations is out of control. I mean that literally. Even well intentioned things are going wrong all over the place, no one really knows or understands how and where this information is being used, or where this is going.

This is way bigger than MLSE. We need to stop the cyborgs.
http://stopthecyborgs.org/about/

I hope you don't use a credit card then. That's a big reason why they offer you points... if you do all of your purchases through them they can build a complete profile of your spending habits. That is actually worth a lot more than one would think, and much more of a violation of your privacy than some questions you voluntarily answer to ML$E. Some of them actually offer some of their data mining to you as a "value-added" feature for budgeting: like how much you spend on books, how much on gas, etc. Believe me they know much more about you than that!

A former president of MasterCard once wrote a book where he stated that no-one concerned about privacy should use credit cards at all. Just cut them up.

Suds
03-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Many of the household name companies most people know are not the ones I would worry too much about. (note - I'm a huge proponent of control and security of one's own information)

I'm betting most have never heard of Acxiom Corp. It's the worlds largest data mining company and could make Google look like a baby in the filed. Tens of thousands of servers that collect, mine, and map everything consumers do. It's who the MasterCards, major banks, and retailers of the world go to for information on consumers.

If you're concerned about companies collecting info on you, MLSE's little survey is probably the least of your worries.

Anyway, MLSE's survey completely voluntary so no one has to opt in.

Globetrotter
03-28-2013, 12:58 PM

This is selfish nonsense. Love to help by giving you incorrect data.

Help by staying away from the survey if you don't want to fill it out. Why would anyone waste their time filling out incorrect information?

It takes effort to hate, and little to no effort to be indifferent.

Those actions are just flat out immature.

ensco
03-28-2013, 01:03 PM
I hope you don't use a credit card then. That's a big reason why they offer you points... if you do all of your purchases through them they can build a complete profile of your spending habits. That is actually worth a lot more than one would think, and much more of a violation of your privacy than some questions you voluntarily answer to ML$E. Some of them actually offer some of their data mining to you as a "value-added" feature for budgeting: like how much you spend on books, how much on gas, etc. Believe me they know much more about you than that!

A former president of MasterCard once wrote a book where he stated that no-one concerned about privacy should use credit cards at all. Just cut them up.

The fact that much of your personal info is available/misused elsewhere is a separate point.

Listen, obviously, the real problem is not about this little survey (although I do think people should think hard about ever giving this info away voluntarily).

It's the dis-ingeniousness of it that is the real problem. Like it's all about you being heard. Like they are doing you a favour.

Beach_Red
03-28-2013, 01:08 PM

Do you also have shareholders you have to serve? Anyway, in many ways I agree with you, but it's frustrating that MLSE need to be told that there might be a demand for kids' stuff.

TFC07
03-28-2013, 01:17 PM
I join Toronto FC council and wrote a complaint how Frings tribute was very amateur and how having someone sing our national anthem instead of crowd singing it was lame.

Suds
03-28-2013, 01:20 PM
I lost interest in this "council" once I found out you don't get to wear Medieval garb, carry swords, and sit around a big round table.

Globetrotter
03-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Listen, obviously, the real problem is not about this little survey

It's the dis-ingeniousness of it that is the real problem. Like it's all about you being heard. Like they are doing you a favour.

Can you, or anyone that doesn't like the survey, prove without a doubt what their true intentions are?

This survey was part one of many to come.

When they have their event to determine if some fans like this food or that food, and help decide what's on the menu at BMO for the next season, are we to assume they are doing this to know if we prefer to wash the car in our driveways or at a drive-through wash center? Are they asking us if we like what they are making and if it should be on the menu to secretly find out our opinions of the Cuban missile crisis?

I have a feeling they're interested in knowing what we like to eat so they can sell us food at the stadium that we want to eat. Yes that has benefit to them, but it has benefit to us.

I don't ask people what they would like for their birthday strictly to make shopping easier for me, I ask so I can get something they might want or like.

Oldtimer
03-28-2013, 01:21 PM
The fact that much of your personal info is available/misused elsewhere is a separate point.

Listen, obviously, the real problem is not about this little survey (although I do think people should think hard about ever giving this info away voluntarily).

I recognize it for what it is. It's mutually beneficial, whether it's Go Transit, the CAA, or ML$E... I have no problem with them trying to make money off of me if they offer a quality product (something that was lacking under Tom Anselmi). That's how capitalism should work. I benefit, they benefit. It's not charity on their part, nor do I expect it to be, but I expect value for money. If being part of the panel helps with that, why would I object? The personal information they are getting from me and more could be bought from any marketing firm for a couple of bucks... that's the way the real world works. If you don't worry about VISA taking your information, you shouldn't worry about ML$E. But being part of the panel lets my voice be heard.

As far as making money, sure having a model like Green Bay would be nicer, but I didn't see any fans get together to pony up their money to buy an MLS franchise when it was readily available for a mere $10 million. ML$E took the risk, they deserve the profit. My only problem is with their product which has been crap before this year. Value for money had better improve, and it's looking hopeful that it may be.

ensco
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
^I just don't find this as strightforward as you do. The messaging is not that this is "mutually beneficial".

The request for personal info is not explicitly made, it is imposed on you when you try to sign up.

Anyway, it's a free country. To each his own.

Technorgasm
03-28-2013, 02:06 PM
what a load of bullshit.
Its jsut a fancy way to get up to date marklet reseach info.

BTW I am a 24 yr old Female television Exec that makes over $150K / per annum
single, 4+ kids, PHD grad,
No interest in leafs or Raptors

BuSaPuNk
03-28-2013, 02:14 PM
^ My kind of girl g:D lol jk.....

Alot of places are doing these kind of surveys now. Don't see any real value in them but I guess they think there is.

Chevy
03-28-2013, 02:23 PM
what a load of bullshit.

Wow! Young, single, rich, educated AND puts out like a broken slot machine!!

TFC Via Buffalo
03-29-2013, 12:27 PM
"What Province do you live in? (Click on province or outside of Canada)"

Mission accomplished.

Tickets aren't in my name, so I don't get these things. Everyone say you live far away and maybe they'll give us gas cards.

Abou Sky
03-29-2013, 12:47 PM
Things I asked for.

Gluten free buns
Beer guys have selection of beer
2 free away tix per year for SSHs
Organized busses at least twice per year

Have city look at fire code to have 'Pyro section' so those who want it have it and those who don't want it don't have to be near it.

The point is for them to serve you better, why not help them do that?

andyc
03-29-2013, 01:30 PM

At least this is a step forwards from MLSE employees trolling the supporters boards for information...

I don't think they are really tricking anyone into believing that they are doing a favour with the marketing speak and I am happy to share my opinions about them - good and bad.

Mark in Ottawa
04-02-2013, 05:35 PM
As Wayne from Waynes World would say ... Denied!! :facepalm:

I just got an e-mail from TFC inviting me to be part of their "TFC Council, our new online customer panel."
Then I read the Rules and Prize list and lets just say as a 75 Mile Bastard ... I am not surprised.

"This Contest is open only to legal residents of Ontario 18 years of age and older who live within a 50 mile radius of the City of Toronto."

As always with TFC if you put your dollars and time into supporting the team and schlepping on down to BMO field from "points yonder" your opinion counts for naught.

O yeah ... I live in Canada ... what is this "Mile" of which they speak :rolleyes:

Mark in Ottawa
04-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Looks like the 75MB season ticket holders from Buffalo NY are also outta luck no matter how you cut it.
http://www.distance-calculator.co.uk/world-distances-buffalo-to-toronto.htm
Approximate distance as the crow flies in miles from Buffalo United States to Toronto Canada is 54 miles or 86.89 Kilometers

Cashcleaner
04-03-2013, 01:22 AM
That suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Seriously Mark, you hit the nail on the head. You buy the tickets, wear the colours, and support the team the best way you can from a distance yet somehow that's not enough to take part in these surveys? Bullshit.

If I were you, I'd ring up my TFC ticket rep and tell them exactly how stupid that sounds.

Mark in Ottawa
04-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Seriously Mark, you hit the nail on the head. You buy the tickets, wear the colours, and support the team the best way you can from a distance yet somehow that's not enough to take part in these surveys? Bullshit.

If I were you, I'd ring up my TFC ticket rep and tell them exactly how stupid that sounds.

Well I checked into it a bit further and even though they asked my postal code and therefore should know that I live outside of the "50 Mile limit" they allowed me to signup and give opinions. So I did. I can comment just not win anything. C'est la vie!
I will keep on answering their surveys and standing up for all supporters, travellers or not.

As far as ticket rep goes, well I no longer have any form of pre-purchased ticket plan after "ransom packs" and having to swallow the cost of various tickets over the past few years. I will express my comments in writing thru the TFC "Council" and see if they are listening at all.

Oldtimer
04-03-2013, 07:56 AM
As Wayne from Waynes World would say ... Denied!! :facepalm:

I just got an e-mail from TFC inviting me to be part of their "TFC Council, our new online customer panel."
Then I read the Rules and Prize list and lets just say as a 75 Mile Bastard ... I am not surprised.

"This Contest is open only to legal residents of Ontario 18 years of age and older who live within a 50 mile radius of the City of Toronto."

As always with TFC if you put your dollars and time into supporting the team and schlepping on down to BMO field from "points yonder" your opinion counts for naught.

O yeah ... I live in Canada ... what is this "Mile" of which they speak :rolleyes:

Which is stupid on ML$E's part. The 75MB members are among the most dedicated of all and care deeply about this club.

Phil
04-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Well I checked into it a bit further and even though they asked my postal code and therefore should know that I live outside of the "50 Mile limit" they allowed me to signup and give opinions. So I did. I can comment just not win anything. C'est la vie!
I will keep on answering their surveys and standing up for all supporters, travellers or not.

As far as ticket rep goes, well I no longer have any form of pre-purchased ticket plan after "ransom packs" and having to swallow the cost of various tickets over the past few years. I will express my comments in writing thru the TFC "Council" and see if they are listening at all.

So you are the 50 Mile Bastards now?

LOL, such crap considering you guys attend more games than most.

Walms
04-03-2013, 08:47 AM
I sined up. Its deffinitly a mass project by the marketing team to research the fan base, but might be helpfull if our voice's come across loud enought as one...... then again, Yummmmm thats good Cool-Aid!

Mark in Ottawa
04-03-2013, 01:34 PM
So you are the 50 Mile Bastards now?
Nope. Once a 75 Mile Bastard (because we can't be "Ultimate fans" doncha know g:D ) always a 75 Mile bastard!

Nice to see that MLSE isn't standing pat though.
Now they are treating all fans farther than 50 miles away "like Bastard children" :facepalm:
They acknowledge we exist, they just show us much love.

O well this TFC Council thingy is a good way to get your beefs off your mind anyway.
Not that they are likely to listen to complaints about the beer selection at BMO just now but they did ask for our opinions about the "fan experience" ....

TFC Via Buffalo
04-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Seriously, I've given up on the front office recognizing us for these stupid contests. It's just their narrow mindedness. I mean, who'd be stupid enough to support a footie team they don't live near...... :rolleyes:Thankfully we've got people in the group and the executives who can speak up for us if ever the need is there.

james
04-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Email from ML$E:

Interesting initiative... getting fan input is a valuable thing. The CAA and GO Transit have done similar things recently with their customers.

Ya i filled out the Go Train transit survey and all the questions were stupid. All were how much money do you make, are you single, how many kids do you have, did you go to University, blah blah. Lets get down to the real thing and ask people what they need to do to get more people on the dam train. How about talk on where people actually need to get to an from (not everyone needs to go Downtown Toronto, but more or less that is all the Go Trains are made to do)How about questions on what time of day would you like to see more frequent service, how about talk about more trains in non rush hour, because 1 train an hour is awful. Anyways my ranting is over, stupid survey's!

Mark in Ottawa
04-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Everyone say you live far away and maybe they'll give us gas cards.
All they give us is GAS! :rolleyes:

cmonyoureds
04-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Got a request to be on the council. Strange as I have no ticket package whatsoever this year. Maybe they want to get the "didn't return" point of view.
In the comments section I will just cut/paste their all time won/loss record next to a price list.
I think that might be classified as an opinion?

cmonyoureds
04-05-2013, 11:13 AM
According to Google Maps from my front door in St. Kitts:

112 km, 1 hour 9 mins
http://maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/transparent.png In current traffic: 1 hour 9 mins
Queen Elizabeth Way

Driving directions to BMO Field

Looks like "technically" I can't enter either, but maybe I can fill out an application for the 75 MB. Will you allow that even if I'm 5 miles short? :drinking:

rowjimi
04-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Disguising market research as an engaging fan council...brilliant marketing actually.

I signed up and so far I feel exactly the same as your post. I started filling the answer box with questions because they don't seem to have anything defined for a survey.

Mark in Ottawa
04-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Looks like "technically" I can't enter either, but maybe I can fill out an application for the 75 MB. Will you allow that even if I'm 5 miles short? :drinking:

We have been known to be very very accommodating to any supporter who self identifies as being a bastard (in the "term of endearment" sense of the word). Many of us have been repeatedly told that we are a little short of a "full load" g:D

Remember that you may not qualify for their prizes but you can still sign up and give em your opinion. After all ... they did ask ... right?

Greatest Ripoff
04-05-2013, 04:58 PM
I complained about the lack of pies at BMO.

Huyton
04-05-2013, 05:06 PM
I complained about the amount of noise in the north after a game...no place to go to discuss the match without having to yell at someone...and I have to nurse my throat along after half time. Not a fan of the DJ's they've had in previous years and certainly not a fan of that trailer.

nfitz
04-05-2013, 05:58 PM
I complained about the lack of pies at BMO.Me too! It's sad to see them gone this year, after being there the first 6 seasons.

Jack
06-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Lots of tinfoil in this thread, Ensco.

They already have your postal code and that gives them a pretty good profile of the type of person you are, your demographics, income range, spending and leisure habits and lifestyle. Yes, these surveys are designed to capture a profile of their customers to help them better understand ways to get you to buy more and develop more brand loyalty, that's how this stuff works. Most companies I know of who do this stuff do it for a few reasons, but it's mainly to give them a better idea of what sort of message will "click" with you. The aim is to actually cut back on the amount of spam and generic stuff and tailor messaging and marketing to things they think you'd like to see, hear and, of course, buy. It works, too.

The most recent survey, which I just got today, was a blatant pass-through from the league. They even refer to soft drinks (pop) as "soda" in one of the questions, which is a term used in the US northeast and west coast, not generally in Canada. And the beer choices in the list were laughable. But I still filled it out as honestly as I could. In the end, it's information about me that I don't feel uncomfortable sharing and, if it helps effect some sort of change in what I am offered in the future, then that is a good thing.

Jack
06-13-2013, 12:26 PM
no one really knows or understands how and where this information is being used

No one, eh? I could introduce you to a couple dozen who know that right here in my office ;)

Fort York Redcoat
06-13-2013, 01:04 PM
The most recent survey, which I just got today, was a blatant pass-through from the league. They even refer to soft drinks (pop) as "soda" in one of the questions, which is a term used in the US northeast and west coast, not generally in Canada. And the beer choices in the list were laughable. But I still filled it out as honestly as I could. In the end, it's information about me that I don't fell uncomfortable sharing and, if it helps effect some sort of change in what I am offered in the future, then that is a good thing.

God Bless Jack. Get him a candy bar to go with his favorite(sic) soda!!!g:D

Roca
06-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Hey maybe, just maybe, if they had this thing before the switch to Budweiser we may have avoided that by all collectively saying "No". :drinking:

That's the main reason I am participating, to make the point over and over again that fans deserve a choice of draft beer other than Bud and Bud Light.

Abou Sky
06-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Just to add to the 'pro marketing' side.

Think about it like this: you are going to buy things. Don't you want to know about things available to buy which you are likely interested in?

Blizzard
06-17-2013, 10:26 PM
That's the main reason I am participating, to make the point over and over again that fans deserve a choice of draft beer other than Bud and Bud Light.

The Hoegarden and Leffe are good. EnBev hasn't destroyed them yet .... but give them time.

[NBF]
06-17-2013, 10:52 PM
what a load of bullshit.

IDK, if this is a joke. You sure are an overachiever. The funny part is the 4+ kids and PHD Grad. Hats off.

I didnt catch that right away.

Fort York Redcoat
06-18-2013, 06:15 AM
what a load of bullshit.

;1591267']IDK, if this is a joke. You sure are an overachiever. The funny part is the 4+ kids and PHD Grad. Hats off.

I didnt catch that right away.

Don't you dare doubt my Dr. Mom...

Red Skies At Night
06-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Lots of tinfoil in this thread, Ensco.

They already have your postal code and that gives them a pretty good profile of the type of person you are, your demographics, income range, spending and leisure habits and lifestyle....

Spot on Jack. For the past 8 months I have worked as a Customer Data Manager for a large multi-national. I am the one who receives this type of info. Firstly, the info is all aggregated (meaning it's turned into a big pile of statistical generalities). There is way too much data to individualize. Instead it's used to get an idea of what type of consumers the company has, so that the company can better tailor their services and products. There is nothing malicious or nefaruious about what MSLE is trying to do. In fact, it is one of the opportunities you have as a consumer to impact the companies you deal with. Furthermore, just to be sure that data is not used in the wrong way, their are copious laws designed to restrict how the data is used, and where it is used.

There are reasons to be cynical about MLSE, but this isn't one of them. You have more to fear from private individuals going through your garbage and stealing your ID than you do from these types of surveys.

Yagbod
07-16-2013, 01:58 PM
I just filled out their latest survey. I call bullshit on this. On the last page it says 'click here to enter our monthly draw'. Then, when you 'click there' you get taken straight to the TFC website. No contest page at all.

Ass hats. I feel better about entering failing grades on every question now.

Edit: actually, I felt good about it from the start. Failures.

Pint
07-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Wouldn't you need to log in to access the surveys(I don't know I'm not part of that)? If so they probably just enter you with the info they already have and just use the homepage and your landing site

Jack
07-16-2013, 02:18 PM
I just filled out their latest survey. I call bullshit on this. On the last page it says 'click here to enter our monthly draw'. Then, when you 'click there' you get taken straight to the TFC website. No contest page at all.

What Pint said, angry man g:D

Mark in Ottawa
07-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Funnily enough they asked me about my involvement with the "Budweiser Zone" or whatever you call it (I have no involvement and do not want any) ... but they never asked me why I am not interested in it (because I would never pay good money for a product like Budweiser).

I wonder what they will make of my "game day travel experience" of Car, Via Rail - Ottawa to Toronto, Street Car and Walk to BMO?? Probably not much.

Jack
07-16-2013, 03:11 PM
I just put that the food/beverage selection and quality were the worst (mainly because of Budweiser).

TFC07
07-16-2013, 03:14 PM

Agreed. Who won last month's contest? I am sure they would have make an announcement of winner of last month's draw on their website/facebook/twitter some where.

And yes, get rid of stupid Budweiser truck. It's so annoying and music is too loud (I sit in the north end where you can barely hear TFC announcer in BMO field)

Roca
07-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Funnily enough they asked me about my involvement with the "Budweiser Zone" or whatever you call it (I have no involvement and do not want any) ... but they never asked me why I am not interested in it (because I would never pay good money for a product like Budweiser).

There was an extra page when I selected the box that said I'd never go there. Among the choices were "Don't like beer selection," which I checked and then also urged them to have more choice on tap in the comment box.

I note you can now get Stella and Keiths from the guys selling in the stands -- maybe all the grousing about Bud is starting to pay off.

glaze
07-16-2013, 04:09 PM
I don't see a change from Bud or the Bud truck. InBev sees it as their flagship beer in Canada. While we could ask for maybe 3 more premium beer stands (one in each corner), the truck won't be leaving. That said, they could turn down the music. The carlsberg patio was great before the DJ dance party.
that said, obviously fans past complaints about the beer selection and the bud truck party zone have started to make an impact. I think it is more than a coincidence that it turned up on this survey.
The most interesting part was pertaining to early renewals, and possible prizes. Interesting to see that they are already trying to figure a way to get fans to renew with perks other than hope for next season and a winning team.
That was also mentioned in the Star today "TFC’s support has declined with its underperformance. Its once-loyal fan base of “Red Army” season ticket-holders has dropped to 200 from 800 in recent years, Leiweke said."

Yagbod
07-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Wouldn't you need to log in to access the surveys(I don't know I'm not part of that)? If so they probably just enter you with the info they already have and just use the homepage and your landing site

It was a link from an email from them. They never asked me to log in, until that last page when they said I would be directed to a page to register for the prize.

This is the last straw. No more flag waving, singing and I am dropping my tickets. This is an outrage!!!!

Pint
07-16-2013, 04:30 PM
It was a link from an email from them. They never asked me to log in, until that last page when they said I would be directed to a page to register for the prize.

This is the last straw. No more flag waving, singing and I am dropping my tickets. This is an outrage!!!!

hmm maybe send them an email and tell them the link isn't working properly? I know that they do usually give things away when they post a contest as i have won stuff from the SSH twitter account this year.
I really doubt that they are doing it purposely....

Dave67
07-16-2013, 09:02 PM
I think the truck is the greatest thing to happen at the stadium this year. Thank you for surveying me on the truck.

nascarguy
07-16-2013, 10:58 PM
I said if I want to see a game at the sky dome I would buy season tickets for the blue jays and if they piss me off I will.

Voodooman
07-17-2013, 06:18 AM
I said if I want to see a game at the sky dome I would buy season tickets for the blue jays and if them piss me off I will.

I already did that haha.

brad
07-17-2013, 07:26 AM
I took it. The whole thing seemed like they were advertising the Bud truck to me - basically "Hey - did you know you can come to the stadium early and drink overpriced, terrible beer?"

Phil
07-17-2013, 07:47 AM
What a poorly timed survey....

Hey, lets gut the team during a busy part of the schedule, then posture on new signings and ask if our "All For One' motto holds up. Facepalm

nascarguy
07-17-2013, 07:49 AM
5$ beer is good 1 hour before the gates open. Now why can't they have that price when the game is on .

nascarguy
07-17-2013, 07:54 AM
What a poorly timed survey....

Hey, lets gut the team during a busy part of the schedule, then posture on new signings and ask if our "All For One' motto holds up. Facepalm
I said no the motto holds does not hold up

nascarguy
07-17-2013, 07:55 AM
I took it. The whole thing seemed like they were advertising the Bud truck to me - basically "Hey - did you know you can come to the stadium early and drink overpriced, terrible beer?"
what beer would you like to see

WestStandGeoff
07-17-2013, 08:08 AM
For the "what do you think of the 'All for One' motto" question, my answer was along the lines of - "This is just another empty corporate slogan, kind of like Budweiser (laughably) calling themselves 'King of Beers'".

Joe Kool
07-17-2013, 08:11 AM
All For One...haha...never bought into that motto from the start. All the shit that has gone on with this team with coaches, players, whatnot...all the screwing over of fans and then coming out to say we screwed up. All For One my ass. Damn, I should have put that last part on the survey. I also don't give a shit about the big red truck.

ryan
07-17-2013, 08:20 AM
All For One...haha...never bought into that motto from the start. All the shit that has gone on with this team with coaches, players, whatnot...all the screwing over of fans and then coming out to say we screwed up. All For One my ass. Damn, I should have put that last part on the survey. I also don't give a shit about the big red truck.

All for One....more dollar!

Still Kicking
07-17-2013, 08:28 AM
I walk by the big red truck before and after every game. It is very rare for me to mix having a beer with watching a game. I probably have 1 beer per season.
So I am probably not in the target audience, but the big red truck bugs me. I always get the feeling from the djs and those at the tables, that they are folks there to party and have no connection to the game or the team. Loud music when I want to cry in my beer...a disconnect..

trane
07-17-2013, 08:32 AM

Lol.

Yeah, dude, where is that gate, this is has been an ongoing issue since 2008?