Manager87
03-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Interesting write up.....have a read

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/mls/story/?id=419158

TorontoGooner
03-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Interesting write up.....have a read

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/mls/story/?id=419158

This is a great read. Finally we have a team with a heart and soul, who value their fan base

West220Side
03-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Bloody bodies at training? "Who let Terry back on the training pitch."

Oldtimer
03-27-2013, 08:52 AM
I really like Nelsen so far. He may be inexperienced, but he knows the psychology really well.

BuSaPuNk
03-27-2013, 09:01 AM
^ Agree. I think he understands how to be a coach but at the same time he is a players coach. He can connect to the lads because he was one of them not a few months ago. Really liking how things are working out so far. Seems like there is a complete attitude change in club.

T-boy
03-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Love the bit about Bostock!

ManUtd4ever
03-27-2013, 09:21 AM
I can't recall ever reading about such intensity on display at TFC training sessions.

TFC_Allez
03-27-2013, 09:35 AM
I was always told, even while playing house league soccer as a kid..."the way you practice is the way you'll play."
If they can play with the intensity that they seem to be practicing with, things can only get better.

Man I'm really starting to like Nelsen's attitude. This guy knows exactly what he's doing. He's inexperienced and will still make mistakes...but he's managed to do something that his 7 predecessors couldn't do...and that's rally the boys to play like a team.

If only their skill could match their new found attitude...we could prove to be pretty dangerous.

Auzzy
03-27-2013, 09:54 AM
The thought has crossed my mind that I should start to consider possibly getting a teeny tiny bit optimistic (at some point in the not too distant future).

jabbronies
03-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Hopfully Bostock got the message. He was one player I had concerns with in the first match at Skydome and then again in Montreal - another Laurent Robert type player who would rather dive or throw his hands up in the air instead of trying to fight to regain control of the ball.

Dv23
03-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Shit this got me pumped up, homies.

__wowza
03-27-2013, 11:58 AM
"I don't like to see blood on the players," manager Ryan Nelsen said with a smile

http://images.football365.com/12/09/800x600/Ryan-Nelsen_2829650.jpg

BuSaPuNk
03-27-2013, 12:08 PM
^ two stick idea??? Blood Guts Glory?

renda-10
03-27-2013, 12:18 PM
^ two stick idea??? Blood Guts Glory?

Love that idea!!!

TFC07
03-27-2013, 12:30 PM
As long no one gets hurt and force to miss games, then I am happy that players are taking practice and our club seriously.

PAOK17
03-27-2013, 12:42 PM
For professional athletes, hard work is always expected. I'm glad they are showing that in training as one of our issues in the past was indifference from the players.

Having said that, I don't want our team known as one that is just about hard work. I still need to see quality skill and actual winning. We can grab any 20 fans who will risk every bone in their body to play for this team but that wouldn't put us in any better position. Remember, one issue we as Toronto sports fans have is the overvaluing of the hard-working, gritty players.

Let's not get too excited to hear that the players are working hard. If we start winning, we can credit that to hard work and coaching.

Again, I love what I hear as it's meeting my expectations but I still need to see more.

OgtheDim
03-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Wow....almost as tough as bank tellers. ;)

TFC07
03-27-2013, 12:50 PM
For professional athletes, hard work is always expected. I'm glad they are showing that in training as one of our issues in the past was indifference from the players.

Having said that, I don't want our team known as one that is just about hard work. I still need to see quality skill and actual winning. We can grab any 20 fans who will risk every bone in their body to play for this team but that wouldn't put us in any better position. Remember, one issue we as Toronto sports fans have is the overvaluing of the hard-working, gritty players.

Let's not get too excited to hear that the players are working hard. If we start winning, we can credit that to hard work and coaching.

Again, I love what I hear as it's meeting my expectations but I still need to see more.
Agree with you on the talent issue, but however, given rumours that players in the past didn't care or give it their all, it's encouraging to hear/read this year players are taking this club seriously. It's one step to right direction of rebuilding this club. We still need talented players, but I am confident that Payne will deliver when summer transfer window is open.

Carts
03-27-2013, 12:51 PM
You always practice as hard as you play...

Play or train "tentative" in an effort not to get hurt - that's exactly when you get hurt...

Ever wonder why so many players are hurt in international friendlies over hardcore rivalry matches? Because they go out there worried & tentative trying to avoid injury...

Sure, a guy will get a skinned knee, couple of stitches in the eye going in hard - but pull up/out of a tackle awkwardly is when you tear a knee or go over on an ankle...

Its about time our club embraced this completely...

BuSaPuNk
03-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Love that idea!!!

Black and white image of Nelsen with the words on the bottom.....fucking brillant.

We should so do it!

MarkEightThree
03-27-2013, 01:28 PM
A 'Sin City' style banner with Nelsen illustrated in black and white and the blood in red? Awesome. It would look cooler with him in his coach's attire though.

gdg_9
03-27-2013, 01:28 PM

What's with the bank teller comments?
There's one in another thread too... Did I miss something?

Derko
03-27-2013, 03:17 PM

Why wife has it out for you Og, not that she is a teller , but started out as one.lol :drinking:

JayMolly
03-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Good story on 'bloody training session'.
TFC player character and competition attributes are a step in the right direction.
Can't wait for BMO "real" home opener!