PDA

View Full Version : Reds team news update - Carver talks about Internet rumours + squad issues

Jack
07-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Click Here for the Full Story (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080717&content_id=173404&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

Toronto FC coach John Carver is forced to make a change in midfield for Saturday's MLS game at home to San Jose Earthquakes (kick off 3:00 p.m. live on CBC). Mo Edu will miss the game through suspension after picking up his fifth booking of the season in last week's defeat at Chicago. "I have to shuffle the pack now," said Carver. "The two guys that come into contention are Kevin Harmse and Tyler Rosenlund. Kevin's got a slight problem with his knee but I hope that by Friday he'll be ok."

The Toronto coach is hoping to have new additions to his squad soon. "We are working 24-7 to get strikers in here, but we've got to get the right people. It's no good getting a player just to solve a problem short term. You've got to get the right player who will fit into the team. We're quite close but it's a jigsaw and once one piece falls into place, the others will follow."
"We've got three or four targets that are we're trying to do things as quickly as possible. When a transfer window opens there are always going to be rumours because people hear things from their aunties and uncles or their dogs, and then it's all over the internet! But as soon as we do anything we'll let everybody know," said Carver.

sully
07-17-2008, 03:40 PM
people hear things from their aunties and uncles or their dogs

[QUOTE]

LOL

Huginho
07-17-2008, 03:43 PM
or there father's who was showing houses to someones agent:rolleyes:

Nuvinho
07-17-2008, 03:43 PM
3 or 4 targets I like that.......not all their eggs in one basket.

Too bad these targets can't get here for Saturday.

rocker
07-17-2008, 03:44 PM
mo said last night on GolTV that the McBride thing is kinda holding everything up. I think that's what Carver means by one piece falling into place and then the others follow. As Mo said, if they do make a trade with Chicago and receive a player, then they have to ensure the cap room is there and they have to do something with a current player (trade/waive/demote).

Carts
07-17-2008, 03:48 PM
there are always going to be rumours because people hear things from their aunties and uncles or their dogs, and then it's all over the internet!

Carver is awesome...!!!

Beauty comment...

Carts...

13CP
07-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Better source from a dog right?

Ladies Love Julius James
07-17-2008, 03:56 PM

Relax it was legit and she didn't say anything definite. Just presented the possibility because yes, his agent was here looking at houses...I'd put money down on that.

Huginho
07-17-2008, 03:57 PM
a talking dog maybe?? lol, kidding. I'm not calling you a liar or anything but Carver's right when it comes to how rumors like this start... especially in England it's been happening for years. my cousin's father in law works in the medical centre and saw ronaldinho come in for his physical kinda deal.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-17-2008, 04:06 PM
I like the sounds of the striker situation, curious to see if Rosenlund a) starts and b) does well.

13CP
07-17-2008, 04:06 PM
lol no I get it. But rather put it out there then knowing it and keeping it to myself, you know?

Kevvv
07-17-2008, 04:07 PM
people hear things from their aunties and uncles or their dogs

[quote]

LOL

must be rough

Troll
07-17-2008, 04:14 PM
My Dog just told me that he met this fine bitch at the park...

Oh, he also told me that we're signing Crespo next week.

Raging Reggie
07-17-2008, 04:30 PM
i just here things from 13CP Mr Carver, you callin her a liar????

13CP
07-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Her*

reggie
07-17-2008, 04:32 PM
what about giving hemming a shot on saturday?

Ossington Mental Youth
07-17-2008, 04:33 PM
what about giving hemming a shot on saturday?

Hemming more or less plays RB, Velez will be in that position, especially as we must win Saturday.

Raging Reggie
07-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Her*

haha sorry love! i fixed :P

13CP
07-17-2008, 04:44 PM
lol Its ok. Back to topic. Rumours can't start from nothing (if they have any bit of truth in it).

reggie
07-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Hemming more or less plays RB, Velez will be in that position, especially as we must win Saturday.
why is velez playing right back on saturday?
hemming played a lot of cen mid for canada and played there a bit on tuesday.
the guy just plays steady where ever they play him....

dantdot
07-17-2008, 05:01 PM
It's ridiculous Edu is suspended due to that horrible ass call, is there no way to challenge a call after the fact?

H Bomb
07-17-2008, 05:19 PM
lol no I get it. But rather put it out there then knowing it and keeping it to myself, you know?

Just think of it this way, Carver's been reading your post!

ExiledRed
07-17-2008, 05:23 PM

I'm glad you did, it's given us some positive debate and it's been fun.

13CP
07-17-2008, 05:26 PM
I think Carver has been keeping an eye on all the rumours circulated on the boards. And lol yes, it has been fun, even better if it does become reality.

sidvan
07-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Please not Rosenlund..he has had two terrible games against Pachuca and Independiente

Ossington Mental Youth
07-17-2008, 05:41 PM
why is velez playing right back on saturday?
hemming played a lot of cen mid for canada and played there a bit on tuesday.
the guy just plays steady where ever they play him....

At this point it would be A) velez has been playing very well since his first disasterous 2 games B) RB is his natural position, C) hes been playing proffessional soccer longer (albeit in the USL). As mentioned previously, We need to win this. In center mid itll be either Harmse or Rosenlund both of which have more professional experience and Robinson. Hemmings starting days are a year or two off... You can tell by pecking order.

Kevvv
07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
I think Carver has been keeping an eye on all the rumours circulated on the boards. And lol yes, it has been fun, even better if it does become reality.

He was at a signing or something today - every other person probably asked when we were getting Dickov, Kanu, Sukur. After the sixth guy, he must have asked where they're heard it.

(Incidentally, on Tuesday night GolTV said Dickov was coming to TFC on their news crawl.)

13CP
07-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Can you imagine what he's thinking? After the sixth guy he probably is frustrated because everyone is asking the same question, and he himself probably has heard it for the first time. "Kanu? Who?"