PDA

View Full Version : Midfield memories. . . . of our 33

Technorgasm
03-23-2013, 09:07 PM
much has been made of late of the changing TFC midfield.
what could be when silva and cesar are introduced/
lWhat we have lacked the first couple of games and the glaring;y weak personnel choices we have.

made me miss our glorious #33 carl robinson.
then i look up and see his face on the whitecap bench!
He is Vancouver's assistant coach!!
why did no one tell me of this?!!!

If you could have any former TFC player back. . who would it be?

Guevara and Robo pairing in their prime, in our center please. . . you?

(cue at least one person saying laurent robert)

Dv23
03-23-2013, 09:08 PM
If you get to pick someone from in their prime, I pick Torsten.

MKR
03-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Terry Dunfield gets vilified. Carl Robinson gets glorified. I think they're pretty close in what they bring to the team. yes Carl was better, but the gap wasn't that big.

I liked Carl. He was tenacious and he played big. I hated the way he left the team. Lots of players i loved left our team the wrong way and it's sad.

Technorgasm
03-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Terry Dunfield gets vilified. Carl Robinson gets glorified. I think they're pretty close in what they bring to the team. yes Carl was better, but the gap wasn't that big.

I liked Carl. He was tenacious and he played big. I hated the way he left the team. Lots of players i loved left our team the wrong way and it's sad.

is that the nature of our team?
or the nature of the league?

MKR
03-23-2013, 09:33 PM
as for your question.... i'll say Robinson and Dichio. Robinson is a good one because he still had a lot to give and the team didn't want it. and the exact same thing happened to dichio. Fuckers in the front office made him retire when he was still one of the better players that year who could actually put the ball in the net. and the team kicked him out for Ali fucking Gerba. i have a hard time re-living this. Ali Gerba.

MKR
03-23-2013, 09:36 PM
is that the nature of our team?
or the nature of the league?

i dunno. I don't like it when players that mean something leave in a bad way. Carl didn't need to be replaced. Dero was better than anything we had and was still needed and dichio shouldn't have been kicked out for a garbage replacement. Guevara also should never have been ousted for a shit manager who couldn;t even get through a year. God this team has been run by idiots.

Ajax TFC
03-23-2013, 09:59 PM
And here I was expecting this to be a Burgos JR thread g:D

For me it's not the big wage "star" midfielders that we gave up that I miss. I miss the reasonable wage, reasonable age, good average to above average quality domestic midfielders that we've given away for bags of balls and wasted allocation. I mean the likes of Sam Cronin, Eric Avila, and even Nathan Sturgis. Cronin and Avila both could have been the core of the midfield for years, and Sturgis was great domestic depth. The most we got for any of them was allocation to use on fucking Mista.

JonO
03-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Dunivant. Still not sure what happened there

OgtheDim
03-24-2013, 08:18 AM
I could not stand Robinson for one reason.

In a league where control and steady build up is necessary, and with a team lacking technical ability and a forward line heavy on the big guys, he constantly lost us the ball by insisting that every free kick be taken quickly. It was pathological with him. And it cost us possession, pressure, goals, and ultimately points.

Would we have been worse without him? I don't think so.

But we are better without the likes of him for sure.

FluSH
03-24-2013, 08:24 AM
And here I was expecting this to be a Burgos JR thread g:D

For me it's not the big wage "star" midfielders that we gave up that I miss. I miss the reasonable wage, reasonable age, good average to above average quality domestic midfielders that we've given away for bags of balls and wasted allocation. I mean the likes of Sam Cronin, Eric Avila, and even Nathan Sturgis. Cronin and Avila both could have been the core of the midfield for years, and Sturgis was great domestic depth. The most we got for any of them was allocation to use on fucking Mista.

wow I had completely forgotten about Mista...

PopePouri
03-24-2013, 09:52 AM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Efrain+Burgos+Jr+San+Jose+Earthquakes+v+Toronto+Co ZVEBOn4aDl.jpg

Never forget.

FluSH
03-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Haha! Yes Burgos...

Alonso
03-24-2013, 05:56 PM
as for your question.... i'll say Robinson and Dichio. Robinson is a good one because he still had a lot to give and the team didn't want it. and the exact same thing happened to dichio. Fuckers in the front office made him retire when he was still one of the better players that year who could actually put the ball in the net. and the team kicked him out for Ali fucking Gerba. i have a hard time re-living this. Ali Gerba.

Our Front Office was a disgrace... I think Payne is bringing respectability and honour to it.