PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post - Game 4: Los Angeles Galaxy at TFC, Sat 30 Mar, 2pm

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
03-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Still no Donovan, that fucking cunt

By week, so no TFC games... most of the players will be around, except for Morgan, Bekker, O'Dea on int duties

Brooker
03-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Despise these early 1 or 2pm games.

Red CB Toronto
03-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Despise these early 1 or 2pm games.

I actually do not have much of a problem with this start time with it being the Easter long weekend, lets everyone get home just a little earlier for all the family stuff. I am looking forward to seeing the lads back at BMO after three straight games in domes on turf. It will be great to be back home and show this new group of lads what it is like to play at our house.

ensco
03-18-2013, 05:46 PM
You can't play these early season games any later. Have a look at what the weather was last March 30

http://www.citynews.ca/2012/03/30/afternoon-weather-webcast-march-30-2012/

notthesun
03-18-2013, 05:53 PM
As I said post-game in the Montreal thread, I have decent expectations for this match.

We have two weeks to get everyone fully fit and reading from the same hymn sheet. The lineup we put out should be our strongest yet, with Julio Cesar and Silva back in, presumably the Argentinian forward in the team, and all the new arrivals being far more settled.

We have an oddly decent record against LA all the way back to 2007, going 3-6-4 in all competitions. LA's had it fairly easy thus far, destroying Chicago, an easy tie against Herediano in the CCL, dominated Chivas (who somehow managed to snatch a tie), and they're playing Colorado this weekend, which will likely be a comfortable win. I think we have a chance to catch them off their guard by presenting their first real challenge of the season.

And we're playing at BMO.

A draw is minimum for this match. Truth be told, I'd be disappointed if we don't at least come near a win.

Alonso
03-18-2013, 05:54 PM
You can't play these early season games any later. Have a look at what the weather was last March 30

http://www.citynews.ca/2012/03/30/afternoon-weather-webcast-march-30-2012/

Yeah hopefully we don't have weather like today.

West220Side
03-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Yeah we won't have Landon Donovan to make fun of during the game seeing as he's off in a tiny hut in Cambodia somewhere.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEAPG3rCYAA70AA.jpg:large

mook-life
03-18-2013, 06:33 PM
we got robbie keane to chirp though which is good enough for me

T-boy
03-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Still no Donovan, that fucking cunt

By week, so no TFC games... most of the players will be around, except for Morgan, Bekker, O'Dea on int duties

I'm assuming all players will be back with the team for the LA game?

It's a pity that Morgan is with Canada as he could really do with a couple of weeks to train with TFC given his poor form so far this season. It will be good for Bekker to get some more Canada minutes though, will probably benefit TFC.

Red CB Toronto
03-18-2013, 08:29 PM
we got robbie keane to chirp though which is good enough for me

I got ya, but Robbie is a good Irish lad.

Yohan
03-18-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm assuming all players will be back with the team for the LA game?

It's a pity that Morgan is with Canada as he could really do with a couple of weeks to train with TFC given his poor form so far this season. It will be good for Bekker to get some more Canada minutes though, will probably benefit TFC.
I think Morgan needs to sit for a game, just to get into his head that he doesn't have a lock as the LB and that his poor form is not acceptable. Russell did good enough at RB so did Ecks at LB for me to be ok if those two get the start vs LA

Pint
03-19-2013, 08:24 AM
I thought i saw some tweets last week that Donovan would be back the last week of march and could play vs us?

Stress
03-19-2013, 09:31 AM
I thought i saw some tweets last week that Donovan would be back the last week of march and could play vs us?

Yeah, there was some talk he'd be back by late March, however even if that is the case, there's no way he's match fit for this game.

I agree with the above that Morgan should maybe have a seat to show he's not untouchable and so we can get a better look at Russel. Although, with potential winter-like conditions, maybe the Canadian boy would deal with it better.

ManUtd4ever
03-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Yeah, Morgan needs a serious wake up call. He's been playing well below expectations thus far.

Fort York Redcoat
03-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Just saw the LA Chivas highlights. Not intimidating. I'll see what they do vs Colorado this weekend and judge from there.

JayMolly
03-19-2013, 06:23 PM
I think Morgan needs to sit for a game, just to get into his head that he doesn't have a lock as the LB and that his poor form is not acceptable. Russell did good enough at RB so did Ecks at LB for me to be ok if those two get the start vs LA

We thought Ecks wouldn't be playing?

Didn't he get a yellow at the dome in TO and a yellow at the dome in Montreal?

Auzzy
03-19-2013, 06:25 PM

It's not the world cup or a tournament. You need to accumulate far more than two yellows before you have to sit out in league play.

Here's the info, suspensions start after 5 cards: http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-summary

1) Player accrues FIVE (5) yellow cards: $250 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game

with a lower threshold for further yellows received thereafter.

JayMolly
03-19-2013, 06:27 PM
It's not the world cup or a tournament. You need to accumulate far more than two yellows before you have to sit out in league play.

Thanks Auzzy . . .
J&M

Alonso
03-19-2013, 06:29 PM

These are the rules regarding this:

Fines and suspensions will be levied against players for yellow card accumulations during the Regular Season as follows: 1) Player accrues FIVE (5) yellow cards: $250 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 2) Player accrues additional THREE (3) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for FIVE (5) cards: $500 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 3) Player accrues additional THREE (3) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for a second game: $750 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 4) Player accrues additional two (2) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for a third game: $1000 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 5)For each two (2) yellow cards thereafter, Player will be fined $1000 and suspended from his next MLS Regular Season Game.

JayMolly
03-19-2013, 06:33 PM
These are the rules regarding this:

Fines and suspensions will be levied against players for yellow card accumulations during the Regular Season as follows: 1) Player accrues FIVE (5) yellow cards: $250 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 2) Player accrues additional THREE (3) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for FIVE (5) cards: $500 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 3) Player accrues additional THREE (3) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for a second game: $750 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 4) Player accrues additional two (2) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for a third game: $1000 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 5)For each two (2) yellow cards thereafter, Player will be fined $1000 and suspended from his next MLS Regular Season Game.

Now that is a detailed response to our inquiry.
Thanks Alonso,
J&M

Detroit_TFC
03-19-2013, 06:44 PM
I did not realize there was progressive punishment and a diminishing threshhold for suspension, that's good (bad?) to know.

Yohan
03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Here's a random stat. Earnshaw is tied at for Golden Boot at 3 goals right now...

Abou Sky
03-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Just saw the LA Chivas highlights. Not intimidating. I'll see what they do vs Colorado this weekend and judge from there.

If you have MLS Live watch the Colorado RSL game, Colorado are pretty decent this year.

It won't be a cakewalk for LA

Yohan
03-19-2013, 09:50 PM
If you have MLS Live watch the Colorado RSL game, Colorado are pretty decent this year.

eh. Some talent in Colorado squad, but they are also a team in transition like TFC. Plus injuries to key players. And their starting GK played in CSL just 2 yrs ago. take that for what you will.

Fort York Redcoat
03-20-2013, 06:04 AM

Pretty decent, yes. But those away jerseys are indecent to my eyes! Warm up jerseys I find squinting at the whole time!g:D

Abou Sky
03-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Pretty decent, yes. But those away jerseys are indecent to my eyes! Warm up jerseys I find squinting at the whole time!g:D
I like the jersey but whatever, the new Colorado home jersey is super hot.

Although imho, the best jersey this year is the long sleeve SKC one, looks so nice!

JuliquE
03-20-2013, 07:28 AM

Although imho, the best jersey this year is the long sleeve SKC one, looks so nice!
Wow; to each his own. I think the SKC jerseys look horrible; they're like uniforms for someone working in a pharmacy -- so bland and both shades of blue look dead or like they would appeal to older folk, when buying clothing.

Greatest Ripoff
03-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Wow; to each his own. I think the SKC jerseys look horrible

I agree. I don't like asymmetry and i hate 'wavy' lines on football shirts.

OgtheDim
03-20-2013, 08:35 AM
What I don't like about SKC is its an obvious derivative of the baseball team. At least with red we went with something very un-Toronto.

REDJUVE
03-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Since LA has it's CCL SemiFinal Match only a few days after the BMO Home Opener, I'm sure the focus will be on keeping their key players rested and fit for the CCL match. I do not expect them to bring thier full Starting 11.... and that is ok with me!

Ajax TFC
03-20-2013, 09:01 AM

Personally my favourite is Portland's away jersey. That's the jersey TFC should have :thumbsup:

Canary10
03-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Wow; to each his own. I think the SKC jerseys look horrible; they're like uniforms for someone working in a pharmacy -- so bland and both shades of blue look dead or like they would appeal to older folk, when buying clothing.

Totally agree. The light shade of blue looks like what happens when you wash a white shirt with a new pair of jeans. It's a really horrible colour.

LA are very difficult to score on. For a team that can't score through the run of play, that'll be a challenge.

Greatest Ripoff
03-20-2013, 09:54 AM
LA are very difficult to score on. For a team that can't score through the run of play, that'll be a challenge.

Being scored on by a 10 man Chivas makes me think this might not be the case.

Yohan
03-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Being scored on by a 10 man Chivas makes me think this might not be the case.
that was a fluke. you can be sure Bruce Arena will fix that sort of lapse from happening again

PopePouri
03-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah I'm a bit worried that this game will be some sort of backlash because of their last result.

Kayaker
03-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Yeah I'm a bit worried that this game will be some sort of backlash because of their last result.

The good news is that I think they will be taking their frustrations out on Colorado this weekend. Also, they play Monterrey 4 days after they play us, so this might be a pretty good time to face them.

mowe
03-20-2013, 12:36 PM
--------Bendik
Ecks--Califf--O'Dea--Russell
----Cesar----Dunfield
Bostock----------Ephraim
---------Silva
-------Earnshaw

tfcleeds
03-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Here's a question - do you go with Bendik who's been pretty solid in goal, or do you give Frei his first home appearance in a year?

TFC07
03-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Here's a question - do you go with Bendik who's been pretty solid in goal, or do you give Frei his first home appearance in a year? You go with a goalkeeper with hot hand. Frei has to earn his starting job back somehow.

Yohan
03-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Here's a question - do you go with Bendik who's been pretty solid in goal, or do you give Frei his first home appearance in a year?
you have to give Frei his chance. Frei is the starting GK. As solid as Bendik has been, he knew that he came into the team as a back up. If Frei loses form, or more likely injured again, Bendik will get his chance again

ManUtd4ever
03-20-2013, 01:06 PM
-----------------Frei-----------------

Eckersley----Califf----O'Dea----Morgan

Bostock----Cesar---Dunfield----Ephraim

----------------Silva------------------

--------------Earnshaw---------------

Yohan
03-20-2013, 01:10 PM

Eckersley----Califf----O'Dea----Morgan

Bostock----Cesar---Dunfield----Ephraim

----------------Silva------------------

I'm going to refrain from posting my line up until next week, with likely new signings coming in. But I like this line up, except I'd sit Morgan and add Russell

glaze
03-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Is it time to start worrying if BMO will be ready?

ManUtd4ever
03-20-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm going to refrain from posting my line up until next week, with likely new signings coming in. But I like this line up, except I'd sit Morgan and add Russell

I thought I'd give Morgan one more shot to redeem himself before nailing him to the bench for a couple of games. g:D

Ultra & Proud
03-20-2013, 01:52 PM

-Eckersley----Califf----O'Dea----Russell

---------------Cesar------------------

---Bostock------Silva-------Ephraim---

---------Urruti------------------------

Subs; Bendik, Morgan, Bekker, Osorio, Gale, Lambe.

Ajax TFC
03-20-2013, 01:55 PM
I thought I'd give Morgan one more shot to redeem himself before nailing him to the bench for a couple of games. g:D
Why? I'd rather give him a kick in the ass sooner than later

Yohan
03-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Why? I'd rather give him a kick in the ass sooner than later
and we'll have to see how tired he will be after flying in from Qatar. how well he does for MNT should be taken into account

Bluenose13
03-20-2013, 02:11 PM

-Eckersley----Califf----O'Dea----Russell

---------------Cesar------------------

---Bostock------Silva-------Ephraim---

---------Urruti------------------------

Subs; Bendik, Morgan, Bekker, Osorio, Gale, Lambe.This is sweet!

tfcleeds
03-20-2013, 02:18 PM
This is sweet!Yes, I was just thinking how much I'd like that to be our actual lineup.

Ultra & Proud
03-20-2013, 02:18 PM
and we'll have to see how tired he will be after flying in from Qatar. how well he does for MNT should be taken into account
Probably be watching from the bench so how well he did shouldn't factor in.

notthesun
03-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Nelsen has already hinted that Bendik will likely get the start (citing the tiny amount of minutes Frei has played over the past year).

tfcleeds
03-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Nelsen has already hinted that Bendik will likely get the start (citing the tiny amount of minutes Frei has played over the past year).Perhaps, I just feel it would be a nice gesture to give Frei his first start in over a year at our "real" home opener. But Bendik or Frei, I'm not really bothered.

West220Side
03-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Wonder if anybody else realizes that Stefan Frei is at 96 Appearances in all competitions 4 more and he's the first to 100 for us. Glad de Guzman didn't get that title. Personally I never liked him here, cunt never went in for a tackle. "WIN THE BALL!" anyways, I think he's do for some recognition at 100​.

trane
03-20-2013, 03:33 PM
TFC will win this game. I love when we play US sides, I hate them all.

mook-life
03-20-2013, 04:33 PM
TFC will win this game. I love when we play US sides, I hate them all.

I hate everyone but us

Pigfynn
03-20-2013, 07:02 PM
I hate everyone but us

yup. :iagree:

notthesun
03-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Perhaps, I just feel it would be a nice gesture to give Frei his first start in over a year at our "real" home opener. But Bendik or Frei, I'm not really bothered.

Ideally I'd give Frei a reserve game first, and if he does well start him in the next MLS match, but of course the crappy MLS reserve league only starts April 6th, same day as our match against Dallas, so Frei would have to miss two games before playing. As a fan I'd like to see Frei get a chance and won't be upset if he does, but as a coach I'd probably go with what's been working, and Bendik's been mistake-free so far.

Ajax TFC
03-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Ideally I'd give Frei a reserve game first, and if he does well start him in the next MLS match, but of course the crappy MLS reserve league only starts April 6th, same day as our match against Dallas, so Frei would have to miss two games before playing. As a fan I'd like to see Frei get a chance and won't be upset if he does, but as a coach I'd probably go with what's been working, and Bendik's been mistake-free so far.
IIRC Frei already played a reserve match against some lower division side

Brooker
03-21-2013, 12:32 AM
I hate everyone but us

Sometimes I hate us, too.

Is it time to start worrying if BMO will be ready?

I am.

Cashcleaner
03-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Not sure how confident I am about the match against LA. Yeah, we'll be at home (our proper home, that is), but they're on an unbeaten streak right now ever since the start of the preseason - including CCL matches. In the league, they've racked up 5 goals and only conceded 1. I agree that their upcoming match against Colorado won't be a good test of their strength, but I fully expect them to put up a fight on the 30th.

Huyton
03-21-2013, 05:40 AM
Wonder if anybody else realizes that Stefan Frei is at 96 Appearances in all competitions 4 more and he's the first to 100 for us. Glad de Guzman didn't get that title. Personally I never liked him here, cunt never went in for a tackle. "WIN THE BALL!" anyways, I think he's do for some recognition at 100​.

I think we're also close to our 100th MLS game at home.
2007: 15 MLS games at home
2008: 15 MLS games at home
2009: 15 MLS games at home
2010: 15 MLS games at home
2011: 17 MLS games at home
2012: 17 MLS games at home
For a total of 94.

Game 95 was at SkyDo...Rogers Centre.
Game 96 will be against LA on March 30th, #97 will be against Dallas on April 6th, #98 vs. Houston on April 20th, #99 against the Pink Cows April 27th making:
May 18th against Columbus as our 100th MLS game at home.

Oldtimer
03-21-2013, 07:26 AM
I think we're also close to our 100th MLS game at home.
2007: 15 MLS games at home
2008: 15 MLS games at home
2009: 15 MLS games at home
2010: 15 MLS games at home
2011: 17 MLS games at home
2012: 17 MLS games at home
For a total of 94.

Game 95 was at SkyDo...Rogers Centre.
Game 96 will be against LA on March 30th, #97 will be against Dallas on April 6th, #98 vs. Houston on April 20th, #99 against the Pink Cows April 27th making:
May 18th against Columbus as our 100th MLS game at home.

We absolutely have to ask the club for some formal ceremony, if only to drive Bill Archer nuts... make a big point how it's also the anniversary of MLS in Canada! :canada:

Derko
03-21-2013, 07:40 AM
Good Idea, celebrating 100 games, I hope the weather changes a little, but not too much, we want that cold wind off the Lake!!

rowjimi
03-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Nice Saturday game for our 100th. Do we have anyone celebrating making all of our home games? Unfortunately I have missed a few each year.

OgtheDim
03-21-2013, 11:23 AM
They will probably do a bigger celebration for our 100th game then for Frings, which would just prove how clueless this team is about history.

FreekAce
03-21-2013, 12:26 PM
They will probably do a bigger celebration for our 100th game then for Frings, which would just prove how clueless this team is about history.

i dont see how fring's retirement (after only a couple of games for us in comparison to a career in germany) and us celebrating our first 100 games have anything to do with each other. sounds like another cheap shot at the club.

sully
03-24-2013, 08:44 PM
It looks like Keane might be out of this game. He has a calf strain from ireland/sweden game..

Yohan
03-24-2013, 09:31 PM
It looks like Keane might be out of this game. He has a calf strain from ireland/sweden game..
Crazy amount of chances created by LA even without Keane and Donovan. Ex Capital City of CSL GK Clint Irwin does well to keep Rapids in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koybmjgSTx0

Graeme
03-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Line-up?

---------------Bendik----------------

Eckersley---Califf---O'Dea---Russell

-------Dunfield---------Hall--------

----Bostock----Silva----Ephraim-----

HuTor
03-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Line-up?

---------------Bendik----------------

-------Dunfield---------Hall--------

I think many TFC fans would have infarct if both Dunfield and Hall would start for the fourth game in row.
Enough is enough.

Yohan
03-25-2013, 01:52 PM
I think many TFC fans would have infarct if both Dunfield and Hall would start for the fourth game in row.
Enough is enough.
Fire Nelsen!!!!

TFC07
03-25-2013, 01:54 PM
LAG = Barca? That's what some people here making it out to be. They're missing their two best players and they're not even first place in their conference. TFC home opener at BMO and having a week off is going to be an advantage for TFC to win this game.

Yohan
03-25-2013, 01:58 PM
LAG = Barca? That's what some people here making it out to be. They're missing their two best players and they're not even first place in their conference. TFC home opener at BMO and having a week off is going to be an advantage for TFC to win this game.
Oh LA is beatable, esp without Keane (not confirme) and Donovan. And LA has one eye on CCL semi finals next Wed.

But plenty of people wrote off LA and LA finds a way to prove them wrong usually. Bruce Arena > Ryan Nelsen. times about a 1000

HuTor
03-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Fire Nelsen!!!!

LOL ...

TFC07
03-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Oh LA is beatable, esp without Keane (not confirme) and Donovan. And LA has one eye on CCL semi finals next Wed.

But plenty of people wrote off LA and LA finds a way to prove them wrong usually. Bruce Arena > Ryan Nelsen. times about a 1000

Based on history, TFC haven't played poorly against LAG. LAG is one of those teams TFC usually plays well against. Having a week off and getting some of our starters healthy while LAG playing on a busy schedule and now without 2 of their best players gives me confidence that TFC will get a result on Saturday.

KGH
03-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Here's what I'd like to see:

---------------Frei----------------

-------Dunfield-------Ceaser--------

TFC07
03-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Here's what I'd like to see:

---------------Frei----------------

-------Dunfield-------Ceaser--------

This should be a starting line-up on Saturday with maybe exception of Frei starting.

GhostKiller
03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Any updates on Silva and Ceaser?

notthesun
03-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Any updates on Silva and Ceaser?

Larson tweeted Cesar as questionable and Silva as probable.

I'm hoping both make the starting eleven because I really don't want to have the Hall - Dunfield combo going again, and Ephraim I think is better suited to the wing than CF.

He also tweeted his predicted starting lineup with Eckersley at LB and Russell at RB. I'd be a fan of that (whether Ecks swaps wings or not), sitting Morgan for a match could do him some good.

Section 107
03-25-2013, 07:46 PM
New season, new seats, new team...its going to be a long week!!!!!! I also just bought my membership, looking forward to putting a face to some of the names that I have seen on this board for the last seven years!

Section 107
03-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Hoping Silva and Cesar get a chance to make an appearance. I have no issue with Dunfield/Hall but it would be nice to see how these guys will gel with the new talent.

BuSaPuNk
03-26-2013, 09:56 AM
@LukeWileman: He's back! RT @LAGalaxy: Look who we found! Happy to have Landon rejoin the boys this morning http://t.co/mN0v0RKZmg

Was hoping he wasn't going to play.

tfcleeds
03-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Still would be surprised if he does play. He's back with the squad, but highly doubt he starts, or even plays for that matter.

notthesun
03-26-2013, 10:20 AM
At the least Keane will be out.

OgtheDim
03-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Cesar is taking a looooooong time to get ready. This game is four weeks since what was considered a hiccup injury we were told would keep him out of the first game.

ag futbol
03-26-2013, 10:49 AM
It'll be a tough game, but anything's possible, especially with Keane and Donovan out.

Ajax TFC
03-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Cesar is taking a looooooong time to get ready. This game is four weeks since what was considered a hiccup injury we were told would keep him out of the first game.
The first three games were all on plastic. I'm sure that is the reason why he didn't even go to those games. The best way to injure an old player, who's already recovering from injury, for the season is to play them on plastic

Oldtimer
03-26-2013, 11:34 AM
@LukeWileman: He's back! RT @LAGalaxy: Look who we found! Happy to have Landon rejoin the boys this morning http://t.co/mN0v0RKZmg

Was hoping he wasn't going to play.

:svengo: This is not good.

Yohan
03-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Toronto FC vs. Los Angeles Galaxy
BMO Field (2:00pm ET)
REFEREE: HILARIO GRAJEDA
ASST 1: Bill Dittmar
ASST 2: Jason Cullum
4TH: Sorin Stoica

FreekAce
03-26-2013, 05:48 PM
:svengo: This is not good.

donovan has not played in 4 months. i doubt we'll see him as he'll take some time getting his match fitness back up. think it was mentioned in an article today. ;)

Yohan
03-26-2013, 06:09 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/03/julio-cesar-nearing-game-action

doesn't sound like Cesar is going to play anytime soon

Ajax TFC
03-26-2013, 06:17 PM

and why do you say that?

Yohan
03-26-2013, 06:26 PM
and why do you say that?
sounds very wishy washy

notthesun
03-26-2013, 07:53 PM

For what it's worth Larson had previously tweeted Cesar as questionable but he's just upgraded him to probable. Maybe he comes off the bench.

He also said Eckersley was training at LB all day so expect him to start there with Morgan on the bench and Russell and RB.

Aberdeen FC
03-26-2013, 08:56 PM
For what it's worth Larson had previously tweeted Cesar as questionable but he's just upgraded him to probable. Maybe he comes off the bench.

He also said Eckersley was training at LB all day so expect him to start there with Morgan on the bench and Russell and RB.

Morgan not starting left back... best news i've heard all day

Yohan
03-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Darren O'Dea did not play in 2 games for Ireland. So all he has is a bit of jet lag.

Omar Gonzalez on the other hand, played 2 games for US and was massive. Hopefully LA will rest him on Sat, but this guy should be playing in 1st div in Europe

Yohan
03-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Morgan not starting left back... best news i've heard all day
Morgan not back from CMNT duties yet

JayMolly
03-27-2013, 03:18 PM
At the least Keane will be out.

This is one of those good news/bad news feelings....
Keane and Donovan not playing? - good news for TFC,
Keane and Donovan not playing? - bad news if you enjoy football, two great playmakers we won't see in action at BMO home opener!

Detroit_TFC
03-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Darren O'Dea did not play in 2 games for Ireland. So all he has is a bit of jet lag.

Omar Gonzalez on the other hand, played 2 games for US and was massive. Hopefully LA will rest him on Sat, but this guy should be playing in 1st div in Europe

No way Bruce Arena rests him. Robbie Keane, probably yes.

Edit - Keane's injured, never mind.

Abou Sky
03-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Well, the keeper is a scumbag...

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4855851/Carlo-Cudicini-sues-single-mum-for-300000.html

What other fodder can we throw at him?

'hey Carlo, sue any single mom's lately? '

We could chant' Carlo sues poor people'

Or
'Carlo starves children '

Anything else?

flamehawk
03-28-2013, 12:43 AM

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4855851/Carlo-Cudicini-sues-single-mum-for-300000.html (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4855851/Carlo-Cudicini-sues-single-mum-for-300000.html)

Or

Anything else?

Wow, I used to like Cudicini, but this is despicable. He deserves any abuse we can throw his way.

jloome
03-28-2013, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't assume Cudicini knows anything about it. It was probably filed by his insurance company.

Globetrotter
03-28-2013, 11:44 AM
nvm.

Abou Sky
03-28-2013, 12:08 PM
^^
The point is more about things to throw the keeper off his game.

Here are some Italian insults:

miserabili pezzi di merda = miserable piece of shit
figlio di puttana = son of a whore
porco demonio = spawn of the devil
abominato = filth, wretch
bastardo/bastardi = bastard(s)
birbante = rascal/rogue
cazzo = prick/shit!
chiudi il becco = shut your mouth/shut up
coniglio = coward/chicken
creapa, traditore! = die, traitor!
diavolo = devil
figlio d’un cane = son of a bitch
fottiti = fuck you!/go fuck yourself!
grassone bastardo = fat bastardo
idiota = idiot
luridi branco di cani bastardi = filthy bunch of sons-of-bitches
luridi codardi = filthy cowards
luridi porco = filthy pigs
marmocchio = brat
merda = shit
stolti = fools
stronzo = prick, asshole, etc.
fotutto Francese = fucking Frenchmen ***LOVE THIS!!!
fottere = fuck
furbacchione = cunning old devil
ipocrita = hypocrite
ladro = theif
maldito bastardo = damned bastard
torna qui, maledetto cavallo! = come here, damned horse!

Boschmeister
03-28-2013, 02:32 PM
^^
The point is more about things to throw the keeper off his game.

Here are some Italian insults:

miserabili pezzi di merda = miserable piece of shit
figlio di puttana = son of a whore
porco demonio = spawn of the devil
abominato = filth, wretch
bastardo/bastardi = bastard(s)
birbante = rascal/rogue
cazzo = prick/shit!
chiudi il becco = shut your mouth/shut up
coniglio = coward/chicken
creapa, traditore! = die, traitor!
diavolo = devil
figlio d’un cane = son of a bitch
fottiti = fuck you!/go fuck yourself!
grassone bastardo = fat bastardo
idiota = idiot
luridi branco di cani bastardi = filthy bunch of sons-of-bitches
luridi codardi = filthy cowards
luridi porco = filthy pigs
marmocchio = brat
merda = shit
stolti = fools
stronzo = prick, asshole, etc.
fotutto Francese = fucking Frenchmen ***LOVE THIS!!!
fottere = fuck
furbacchione = cunning old devil
ipocrita = hypocrite
ladro = theif
maldito bastardo = damned bastard
torna qui, maledetto cavallo! = come here, damned horse!

Excellent stuff, thanks for posting. I have two Italian guys sitting behind us in 115 so I am pretty sure with those two and 5 of my buddies Cudicini will be getting an earful of the above, maybe even some combos!

sully
03-28-2013, 03:53 PM
The email i just got from tfc says the game starts at 2 and the important info note i got in my season ticket package says the game time start changed from 2 to 4.. Do they know at all?

Suds
03-28-2013, 04:04 PM
The email i just got from tfc says the game starts at 2 and the important info note i got in my season ticket package says the game time start changed from 2 to 4.. Do they know at all?

The important info letter I received with my season seats only referred to a time change for the October game v the Impact.

Saturday's game is at 2:00 according to every source I've seen.

ag futbol
03-28-2013, 04:05 PM

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4855851/Carlo-Cudicini-sues-single-mum-for-300000.html

Or

Anything else?
Maybe it's just me, but if I was in that position I'd sue her too, depending on what her coverage was. And if her driving was that dangerous, I'd be temped to run her into the ground anyways (speaking as someone who's been in an accident or two and watched really stupid people endanger others' safety).

Unfortunately, man sues reckless driver and stands to be paid by insurance company is slightly less sensational than a sob piece about pro athletes plunging money out of single moms. Difficult to know what the truth is but he looks significantly worse for wear after te fact.

flamehawk
03-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Maybe it's just me, but if I was in that position I'd sue her too, depending on what her coverage was. And if her driving was that dangerous, I'd be temped to run her into the ground anyways (speaking as someone who's been in an accident or two and watched really stupid people endanger others' safety).

Unfortunately, man sues reckless driver and stands to be paid by insurance company is slightly less sensational than a sob piece about pro athletes plunging money out of single moms. Difficult to know what the truth is but he looks significantly worse for wear after te fact.

Well, the article said that the police cleared her of wrongdoing after a 5 month investigation, so I don't think its an issue of reckless driving - for all we know, it could've been his fault.

That said, having not originally read that even if he wins, damages would come from insurance, the situation does seem a lot less dramatic.

Abou Sky
03-28-2013, 06:59 PM

I don't care if he is an angel on the road, I WANT SOMETHING TO RATTLE THE JIZZBUCKET!

Yohan
03-28-2013, 11:10 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2013/03/28/la-galaxys-landon-donovan-return-team-during-ccl-i-could-potentially-see-mys

Looks like Donovan will be a sub for this match

ensco
03-28-2013, 11:19 PM
^I can't explain this, but I'm glad he's back. Speaking as an MLS fan, he may be an jerk, but he's our jerk.

I can't really defend this opinion, and won't if someone calls me out on it!

(I will regret saying this, the first time I see him taking a PK and kissing his wristband like he is trying to raise the dead.)

rocktml
03-29-2013, 10:01 AM
How close is this game to be sold out?

flamehawk
03-29-2013, 10:51 AM
How close is this game to be sold out?

worryingly, I was still able to find 3 tickets side-by-side on ticketmaster a couple days ago.

Super
03-29-2013, 10:59 AM
worryingly, I was still able to find 3 tickets side-by-side on ticketmaster a couple days ago.

That actually doesn't surprise me all that much. Rogers centre game was the ACTUAL home opener - and had all the hype. Montreal trip had a ton of hype. Saturday's game is just another game - and TFC is just same old TFC with 1 win and 2 losses in the bag. WE don't see it that way - and I'm happy to see that supporters are genuinely encouraged by what we see. But people I speak to outside of the group that follow the team through thick and thin just see more of the same - a team that can't seem to stop losing.

Heart of Stone
03-29-2013, 11:48 AM
You would think that with the amazing weather forecasted for tomorrow this game would be all but sold-out but we have been shite for so long...

Heart of Stone
03-29-2013, 11:49 AM
I would like the game to sell-out as I think it is great for the city but I also see the losing part of it playing a factor.

Yohan
03-29-2013, 04:34 PM
18,000 expected for tomorrow

moralis
03-29-2013, 05:29 PM
This could be the first ever TFC home opener with less then 20,000.

2007: 20,148
2008: 20,219
2009: 20,658
2010: 21,978
2011: 20,086
2012: 20,070

Let's hope there's a good walk up crowd. The weather should help.

Yohan
03-29-2013, 05:33 PM
looks like Russell will play RB and Ecks on LB

------------Bendik
-Russell-Califf-O'Dea-Eckersley
-Bostock-Dunfield-Hall-Ephraim
-------------Silva
----------Earnshaw

Super
03-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Game might actually see a lot of walk-up ticket sales simply because the weather is nice.

moralis
03-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Let's hope so, it would have to be a large walk up to get to 20,000.

Yohan
03-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Let's hope so, it would have to be a large walk up to get to 20,000.
i doubt it, with ridiculous ticket prices. 'premium' game my ass

Red Adder
03-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Great weather tomorrow for the real home opener back at BMO !! Let's go Reds !!

OgtheDim
03-29-2013, 07:42 PM
Cheapest seat on ticketmaster was $53. Not much walk up at that price.

notthesun
03-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Keane confirmed out of the game, he didn't travel due to injury.

Abou Sky
03-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Keane confirmed out of the game, he didn't travel due to injury.

What is great is O'Dea saying he wishes Keane and Donovan were playing so when TFC beats them LA has no excuses =D

Yohan
03-29-2013, 11:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KdhMArDP_Bg

Apparently Danny Koevermans will be signing autographs from 12 to 1

HuTor
03-30-2013, 12:22 AM
That actually doesn't surprise me all that much. Rogers centre game was the ACTUAL home opener - and had all the hype. Montreal trip had a ton of hype. Saturday's game is just another game - and TFC is just same old TFC with 1 win and 2 losses in the bag. WE don't see it that way - and I'm happy to see that supporters are genuinely encouraged by what we see. But people I speak to outside of the group that follow the team through thick and thin just see more of the same - a team that can't seem to stop losing.

This.
It's the same situation everywhere in the world with long-term losing teams.

We should not expect any full-capacity BMO at least until TFC-s record will be neutral (I mean same number of wins with losses) over 2-4 months. This in the most optimistic view possible.
So I guess if everything would go perfect, full BMO-s coming in August, September?

flamehawk
03-30-2013, 12:40 AM
I am planning to bring some buddies over to Shoeless Joe's before the game. What time do folks usually leave the pub to march to the stadium?

notthesun
03-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Gonna have to PVR the game unfortunately due to being busy with Easter shenanigans but I hope we put in a good effort today.

I feel like winning. 2-1 TFC, Earnshaw and Silva, who scores the winner off the bench.

ensco
03-30-2013, 10:14 AM
So I guess if everything would go perfect, full BMO-s coming in August, September?

I doubt it. I think meaningful games in October are required to get the "walkup" up to 10K (I'm guessing the current SSH count is around 10K). Notwithstanding the weather, I think people will be shocked at how empty BMO is today. The casual fan won't be back until there's real buzz, and that is only happening for either a name DP, or for the playoffs.

ag futbol
03-30-2013, 11:38 AM
On stub hub today prices were in the mid 20 dollar range for 116-117. Higher for elsewhere in the stadium with an overall average in the mid 30s. Probably indicates decent crowd but no sell out. I'll call "real" attendance of about 18k.

Don't mind seeing the empty seats. This club needs to start working harder for the money and I mean that off the field too.

HuTor
03-30-2013, 12:23 PM
The lines and odds for this game from "5 Dimes" sportsbook:

Los Angeles to win = +129
Toronto to win = +237
Draw = +240

Game Total:
OVER 2½ = +102
UNDER 2½ = -117

TFC is considered a big underdog again.

Richard
03-30-2013, 12:28 PM
LINK TO STREAM (http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/177832/1/watch-toronto-fc-vs-la-galaxy.html)

bigredone
03-30-2013, 12:36 PM
LINK TO STREAM (http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/177832/1/watch-toronto-fc-vs-la-galaxy.html)

Thanks!

jloome
03-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Hmm...Juninho and Marcelo Sarvas vs Dunfield/Hall

I wonder why they're favored....

jloome
03-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Hmmm.... build up play. nice to see early in a game for a change.

OgtheDim
03-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Ugh....LA feed on firstrow. No context to anything. Anybody got one showing TSN?

HuTor
03-30-2013, 01:22 PM
We had a ton of terrible long balls so far!
And zero creativity up front.

v00d00daddy
03-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Hmmm.... build up play. nice to see early in a game for a change.

I must have missed it because all i've seen in the first 13 minutes is the same old Mariner style of play. Kick and run garbage. Is Bendik trying to score one himself? LOL

Dunfield on dead balls in the middle of the field.

So disappointing right now.

BuSaPuNk
03-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Like watching Mariner football now were down 1

HuTor
03-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Welcome Ladies and Gents to the good 'ol TFC!

Richard
LOL, worst "goooooal" impersonation by the announcer.(LA Feed)

OgtheDim
What is it with the long balls? Next to useless.

Richard
03-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Were playing on grass too.

BuSaPuNk
03-30-2013, 01:28 PM
There still tryin to just kick it forward and hope that Earnshaw can come down with it. That play is only going to work when Koves comes back

HuTor
... and, by the way, very well deserved lead by LA, since we're playing like shit.

v00d00daddy
I'm sorry but what we're currently playing is not football. It's atrocious. Long throw in. 70 yard punts by the keeper. Every ball going forward is a long ball being played to a 50/50 ball at best.

It's pathetic.

Maybe that's why Cesar was released. He actually wanted an opportunity to play the ball with his feet beyond hoofing it up field. They'd better change these tactics asap otherwise LA is going to make this ugly.

Corpand
03-30-2013, 01:29 PM
There is a perfect example why Dunfield deserves to be on the bench, horrible clumsy tackle.

Has Bostock even touched the ball yet?

jloome
03-30-2013, 01:30 PM
I must have missed it because all i've seen in the first 13 minutes is the same old Mariner style of play. Kick and run garbage. Is Bendik trying to score one himself? LOL

Dunfield on dead balls in the middle of the field.

So disappointing right now.

Just the one so far, lol. The first play, which ended with Eckersley crossing it to Portsmouth.

SirBobSaget
03-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Junk long ball after long ball. This is really disappointing

Richard
03-30-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry but what we're currently playing is not football. It's atrocious. Long throw in. 70 yard punts by the keeper. Every ball going forward is a long ball being played to a 50/50 ball at best.

It's pathetic.

Maybe that's why Cesar was released. He actually wanted an opportunity to play the ball with his feet beyond hoofing it up field. They'd better change these tactics asap otherwise LA is going to make this ugly.

Yeh I cant tell you how much it annoys me when I see a keeper kick the ball upfield only to loose possesion. It was refreshing when Winter first came and all balls were passed out from Frie instead of booted to noone.

TFC_Chris
03-30-2013, 01:31 PM
LOL, worst "goooooal" impersonation by the announcer.(LA Feed)

Oh my yes, that was absolutely horrible.

jloome
03-30-2013, 01:32 PM
We're just playing straight counterattack.

jloome
03-30-2013, 01:34 PM
LOL, Devos' proposed solution: drop ephraim back and go 3v2 in the middle. Not "get competent, competitive midfielders," but "drop back a forward, so we can cover the mess we have in the middle."

SirBobSaget
03-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Russell not convincing anyone he should have a starting job. If he keeps it up he won't even have a bench spot

SirBobSaget
03-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Thank god for earnshaw

BuSaPuNk
03-30-2013, 01:38 PM
LA just let us back into the game!!!!

Richard
Nice instinct there.

jloome
Woooooohooo!

Earnie poaching again!

LOL, Omar looked baffled when he saw Cudicini fly by him.

ensco
Carlo Cudicini, take a bow.

OgtheDim
Hmmmmm.....so our #1 assist guy is their own defence. :flare:

ensco
03-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Earnshaw has every TFC goal, and I swear I don't think he has received a pass in a dangerous spot once this year.

v00d00daddy
Nice finish by Earnshaw but if complete gifts are what we're going to rely on we're fucked.

There hasn't been any "counter attacking" by TFC. We'd need to win a ball and do something going forward to be counter attacking. And with Dunfield and Hall in the middle...good luck with that.

jloome
Earnshaw has every TFC goal, and I swear I don't think he has received a pass in a dangerous spot once this year.

Not one. Two poached, two pks.

HuTor
03-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Oh my, we play like shit, and a single guy looks like saving us... again the same guy....

OgtheDim
03-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Devos - "Dunfield and Hall are not creative midfielders"

jloome
03-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Earnshaw instinctively goes to the back post and if Lambe doesn't try to go short side, he's there for a header, deflection, rebound etc.

Funny how just switching field (which would seem obvious) helps open up compact pressure from LA.

dantdot
03-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Can Bendik release the ball early FFS

jloome
03-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Again, what the fuck is Devos talking about? "Ephraim's not doing enough to stop Juniniho"

That's because he's playing in the hole. Amazing what being friends with someone can do to someone's objectivity. He one the one hand critiques Dunfield (and Hall) for not being creative or pressuring the ball ... then says it's Ephraim's fault for not going back.

ensco
03-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Magee beating Ecks like a rented mule down our left side. Over and over.

BuSaPuNk
03-30-2013, 01:50 PM
The have to stop trying to move the ball through the middle they did the same thing in Montreal. Have to use the wings they seems to have so much space open there.

jloome
03-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Fuck.... Russell playing it risky there.

OgtheDim
03-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Will take that, and run. Defence doing OK but the midfield.......ugh.

Corpand
03-30-2013, 02:00 PM
- Russell obviously got all deer-in-headlights, you can tell he expects to play every single game, has an overinflated opinion of his qualities and is getting manhandled on the right because he underestimated the league's speed.
- Love Bendik, he should be playing american football with those kicks. His size is what I enjoy most, not super agile though.
-Lambe is really raw still, young I understand but he needs to play more directly with his speed, create openings with his runs.

ensco
03-30-2013, 02:00 PM
I guess the game is to steal points in the first half of the year. I suspect Nelsen will park the bus now.

Stryker
03-30-2013, 02:03 PM
I've never seen a player so hot and cold as Ephraim, one game he's almost too good for the league and the next he's a bench quality player.

SirBobSaget
03-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Is it just me or does lambe consistently squander great scoring chances by missing short side? At least by putting it on frame or scuffing across goal like la did today the play is kept alive.

Corpand
03-30-2013, 02:07 PM
I've never seen a player so hot and cold as Ephraim, one game he's almost too good for the league and the next he's a bench quality player.

Watch him especially in tight situations, he has incredible close control and is quick with his feet. He was 2v1'd by the sideline, a quick one two got the ball to Dunfield who made something of it. 90% of other TFC players would lose possession there.
Kid has a good head on him, just hope its youth inconsistency.

ag futbol
03-30-2013, 02:08 PM
Oh my, we play like shit, and a single guy looks like saving us... again the same guy....
Missed the first half, but yikes does this ever sound like it rings true.

TFC badly need to fix the engine room. Hall and dunny are real anchors.

Stryker
03-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Earnshaw is such a top notch finisher. If big Koev can make a full recovery I can't help but salivate at the thought of their pairing up top with Dannys smart hold up play.

BuSaPuNk
03-30-2013, 02:20 PM
^ will be nice to see because those long balls Koves can bring down. Earnshaw just can't deal with them. A big man will help that. Just wish they would move the ball along the pitch more.

OgtheDim
03-30-2013, 02:22 PM
You know, if we had a decent left footed winger, we'd be killing them down that side. Their right back is cheating to the middle all the time.

Stryker
03-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Gah.... huge waste by Hall there when we looked to have a dangerous opportunity.

Richard
03-30-2013, 02:26 PM
What a shitty pass.

Stryker
03-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Ahaha nice choke Landen. .

ag futbol
Oh f that was lucky.

Subs welcome any time

SirBobSaget
Hall can come off any time now please. Preferably before costs the game

__wowza
goddamn, i dont know what id do if landon scored on us just there..

jloome
03-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Bostock is class.

Stryker
03-30-2013, 02:29 PM
I think Bostock and Lambe should switch wings for remainder of game.

OgtheDim
03-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Ok, I know he missed, but not many of our players EVER could have done that two touch and shoot thing that Ephraim just did. I've been saying for years that our best technical forward was Dichio. Good to see we have some technique again.

SirBobSaget
03-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Russel with the giveaway, russel with the giveaway. Come on!!! Stop trying to dribble out if the back then lose the ball

BuSaPuNk
03-30-2013, 02:37 PM
I think Bostock and Lambe should switch wings for remainder of game.

Looks like they did.

ag futbol
03-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Ah yes we needed at least one 'erkersley' foul in there didn't we. Guy needs to get his tempter in control

ensco
03-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Ok, I know he missed, but not many of our players EVER could have done that two touch and shoot thing that Ephraim just did. I've been saying for years that our best technical forward was Dichio. Good to see we have some technique again.

I saw that too. He came damn close.

I'm starting to really hate deVos. They are not linking up well but he is really singling out the guy. He has slagged Ephraim 7 or 8 times on this telecast. He has some kind of agenda with the guy.

__wowza
03-30-2013, 02:38 PM
o'dea gets tripped against the run of play by donovan: "accidentally got just a little bit of a clip on him"
mcbean goes down on a ball he wouldn't have gotten to dragging his foot back to make contact: "unlucky not to get a penalty there"

gotta love impartial announcers.

jloome
03-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Still in this late... nice change.

Stryker
03-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Yup. Just need Silva to slip him a slick pass and he'll be on a break.

jloome
03-30-2013, 02:41 PM
OSORIO!!!

Some FIFA 13 shit right there.

OgtheDim
03-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Well now.

ag futbol
Fucking right!

__wowza
what a fucking play

Stryker
Fuck yeah!

jloome
Lovely goal.

dantdot
03-30-2013, 02:45 PM
It's about to get bumpy, folks

Dkolish3
Osorio is gonna tear this league up!!

BuSaPuNk
what a fucking play

oh fuck yeah!!!!

jloome
03-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Kid is a beast. That was almost a great through ball, too.

HuTor
03-30-2013, 02:46 PM
now it's very important not to try to defend for 15 minutes!

OgtheDim
03-30-2013, 02:47 PM
Oh MY GAWD.............did we just see TFC do a back heel and a couple of step overs leading to a midfielder tap in?!?!?!

We don't DO goals like that!!!!

gracos
03-30-2013, 02:49 PM
whats the score?? I am at work so I cannot watch

jloome
03-30-2013, 02:49 PM
2-1 TFC eight minutes left.

OgtheDim
03-30-2013, 02:50 PM

Somehow we are winning 2-1.

Stryker
03-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Russell has been horrible. I'd take the chance on Boss at this point.

ag futbol
03-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Russell has "hey, I played in Europe, I don't need to try" plastered on his forehead.

ensco
03-30-2013, 02:55 PM
It's not the WinterMariner gong show, but we don't look as composed as you'd like to see a team tryingto close it out.

SirBobSaget
03-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Russell is so damn scary!!!

jloome
03-30-2013, 02:56 PM
It's not the WinterMariner gong show, but we don't look as composed as you'd like to see a team tryingto close it out.

So far, I'll take "better defensively and with some creativity" over the past drecch. It's still crap, but it's better crap, and it's our crap.

SirBobSaget
03-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Russell total garbage what the hell is he doing still on!!!

BuSaPuNk
Here we go again.

jloome
Ah, crap.

Russell heads it towards the spot. What the fuck....

OgtheDim
03-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Russel out of position on both goals.

Live and learn.

Stryker
I knew Russell was going to cost us the game. I knew it.

Corpand
It's about to get bumpy, folks

It just did.

As always.

ensco
03-30-2013, 03:00 PM

Crap, I typed that 30 seconds before the goal. I feel bad.

HuTor
now it's very important not to try to defend for 15 minutes!

Like I said...
But we're still a mikey mouse team to be able to hold a score.

ag futbol
Not the best ended to the game, but on balance considering the quality of the opposition it was decent.

Darrell Russell: send it back

jloome
Man, he just had one bomb of a game. Osorio and Silva come in and look brilliant, but I'll take Morgan's shaky marking over that shitshow from our right back.

BuSaPuNk
03-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Russell should be done. This game just showed he's no where near good enough to even come off the bench.

PopePouri
Bring back Morgan. :p

Dkolish3
If you told me I'd get a point at the start I'd take it. So good game lots of positives

OgtheDim
Take the point and run people. Feels like a loss but given the hoofball first 30 minutes and 4 players out there who really are not MLS level starters, take the point and run.

__wowza
almost as bad as watching a tying goal go in is hearing their announcer try and do a "GOOOOOOOOOOOALL" without straining his voice.

SirBobSaget
03-30-2013, 03:02 PM
It was so obvious that Russell was out of it all game with giveaway passes and allowing dangerous runs down his side from being woefully out if position.

The lost points are on nelsen for not making the boss sub earlier.

As for Russell this should be the last we see of him. That was the worst performance by an individual player this season

69Chevy396
03-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Like I said...
But we're still a mikey mouse team to be able to hold a score.
We are lucky to get one point. There are so many mediocre players onthis team nobody should be unhappy with a tie against the legue champions

Stryker
03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Russell was so good as a sub in Montreal and so crap today. A solid LB and DM will do this team wonders.

BuSaPuNk
03-30-2013, 03:05 PM
It was so obvious that Russell was out of it all game with giveaway passes and allowing dangerous runs down his side from being woefully out if position.

The lost points are on nelsen for not making the boss sub earlier.

As for Russell this should be the last we see of him. That was the worst performance by an individual player this season

Worst performance this season? I'd argue that's the worst performance I've ever seen.

v00d00daddy
03-30-2013, 03:07 PM
I'll take it. We improved from the 1st to the 2nd which is a bonus. I just don't understand Nelsen's decision to continue to start Dunfield and Hall in the middle. As soon as we got a bit of creativity in the middle things changed for the better.

That being said....if Donovan puts that chance away this game would have been very different. Lucky point that I'm happy to take.

adam1001
03-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Why in the hell does this team struggle so much with keeping it composed in the last minutes. I'd be okay if they were decent goals, but we pretty much score on ourselves with these bonehead plays.

OgtheDim
03-30-2013, 03:09 PM
5 Things We Were Reminded Of This Week

1. Russel is not ready for prime time. Because of that, Bostock had to track back far more then he should.

2. Hogan Ephraim is very good but needs somebody to provide service and or hold the ball up for him. If Earnshaw gets injured, he's our man.

3. Silva is da bomb.

4. We need 1 decent midfielder cause right now we got 2 crappy ones but some good AM's and a very very tight CD pairing. One decent rock of a DM or box to box and we can do this.

5. Lambe is not good enough for this level.

boban
03-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Don't associate Mariner with Winters calibre. Mariner gong show yes. But not Winter.

Lumpy
03-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Good news. Last year it took until June 20th to get to 4 points in the standings. We are almost 3 months ahead of schedule. One point against the league champs is a good thing.

MG42
03-30-2013, 03:13 PM
It's the way that it happened...

gracos
03-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Goes to show we have a long way to go before we are a top competitor in the league

ag futbol
03-30-2013, 03:21 PM
No to ignore how badly Russell handled that play, but our marking was badly out of sinc. It was 5v4 in the box.. Never should of happened.

I know some people are going to call for osorio to start but that's jumping te gun. Sure he's better than both dunny and hall but we need to bring him along slowly. Developing the player properly is more important than short term results. He'll be ready for starting 11 in the near future, but let's do it the right way. Not like what we saw with Morgan and Henry where they started playing too early and formed bad habits

Flipityflu
03-30-2013, 03:28 PM
its funny how coming into the the game i would be happy with a draw, but after getting one, am dissapointed. pretty wretched game actually, especially in the first half.

__wowza
03-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Good news. Last year it took until June 20th to get to 4 points in the standings. We are almost 3 months ahead of schedule. One point against the league champs is a good thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoaktW-Lu38

PopePouri
03-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Worst performance this season? I'd argue that's the worst performance I've ever seen.

You're probably not familiar with Ty Harden.