PDA

View Full Version : Today's News Saturday March 16

__wowza
03-16-2013, 08:05 AM
mornin!

:flare::drum::scarf: GAME DAY !!!:scarf::drum::flare:

TFC SET TO SMASH RECORD FOR AWAY SUPPORT (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2013/03/15/toronto_fc_fans_set_to_smash_mls_record_for_away_s upporters.html)

REDS/IMPACT LOOK TO BUILD OFF OF EARLY SUCCESS (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/TorontoFC/2013/03/15/20659806.html)

BRAGGING RIGHTS AWAIT TFC/IMPACT (http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/noel_butler/?id=418259)

SUNSHINE (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3c06nbnKI1qgs9wko1_500.jpg)

AND A VERY SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM __WOWZA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo6K-mhKZRY)

__wowza
03-16-2013, 08:07 AM
the second saturday evening in a row i'll be staying in to watch a match, give em hell boys!!

bigredone
03-16-2013, 08:38 AM
I do not see the Reds losing this one. With the support that is travelling they might as well call this a home game. 3 - 1 for TFC!!!! I hope to see some Osorio today!

I am a little jealous of the road warriors today, but equally or more happy for them.

Thanks for the sunshine! On this snowy stay-put kinda day, its needed.

scooter
03-16-2013, 08:50 AM
mornin w

just going to get dressed then off to macleans for pre match shenanigans

__wowza
03-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the sunshine! On this snowy stay-put kinda day, its needed.

it's 12 here today :D

bigredone
03-16-2013, 10:04 AM
It is snowing all over TO today. Seems like divine punishment for those who did not make the trip. God loves TFC!

HuTor
03-16-2013, 10:30 AM
GO TFC!

:drum: :scarf: :flare:

JoeyB
03-16-2013, 11:53 AM
"But spurred on by corporate largesse by TFC owner Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, the club is poised to top its own MLS-record for travelling supporters."

See MLSE gets all the credit. LOL. I fucking hate this ownership group.

HuTor
03-16-2013, 12:09 PM
"But spurred on by corporate largesse by TFC owner Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, the club is poised to top its own MLS-record for travelling supporters."

Who's the MOFO journalist who wrote this BS?

razor787
03-16-2013, 01:41 PM

well they did supply most of the tickets, and are sending loads of busses. Had they not done that, the numbers likely wouldnt be even close to what they are.

Gazza
03-16-2013, 02:02 PM

"The club offered free tickets to the match to its season-ticket holders. It then extended it to those who’d had seats in previous years “and pretty much anyone else who raised their hand and said they wanted to go to Montreal,” said Paul Beirne, TFC’s vice-president of business operations.

The club has also hired 10 buses to take about 500 fans — free of charge — to and from Montreal on Saturday, with seats assigned via lottery."

I'd say 75% of the people supporting our side are here solely because of MLSE.

HuTor
03-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Who's the MOFO journalist who wrote this BS?

Thanks guys for the extra info, my bad for this comment I made.
Presently I'm in Europe, a bit too far from the happenings, which partially (but just partially) can be an excuse for me.

Mark in Ottawa
03-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Well I'm just back home in Ottawa from the game. Thanks to one of the RPB SSH who wasn't making the trip I got a ticket in the supporters section for less than I would have had to pay TicketBastard for any seat in the house. As usual the traveling fans who go to great lengths to see TFC in Toronto and elsewhere don't get much support from MLSE or MLS for that matter.

No biggie. It was great to see y'all at McLeans Pub before and/or at the game.
I'll see you on March 30th at BMO.

Marc"2L"
03-17-2013, 02:01 AM
"The club offered free tickets to the match to its season-ticket holders. It then extended it to those who’d had seats in previous years “and pretty much anyone else who raised their hand and said they wanted to go to Montreal,” said Paul Beirne, TFC’s vice-president of business operations.

The club has also hired 10 buses to take about 500 fans — free of charge — to and from Montreal on Saturday, with seats assigned via lottery."

I'd say 75% of the people supporting our side are here solely because of MLSE.

No, they weren't employed by MLSE that I know of. They chose to make the trek and sit on a bus for 5 hours on a lovely Saturday afternoon. I don't like MLSE as much as the next guy, but come on man.

If it wasn't for visiting the gf and meeting her mom for the first time, which she blew off, thanks a bunch, I would of been there.
Even if MLSE paid the way, after everything we've been through, is it so bad that they repaid a few hundred people with an experience?

There is something to be said about taking the time to go vs willing to pay his own way, but that would be missing the forest.
Name the other 3 clubs that, if the ownership was willing to pay, but it's not a short drive, would send as many supporters. I can name 2, I think, maybe 3. But we did it first, or rather we had the people willing to make it happen.

Now, back to good times. You guys remember the flyover for Columbus? That was hilarious! 100% supporters right there.