PDA

View Full Version : Official: Edu and Wynne are headed for Beijing

GabrielHurl
07-17-2008, 12:34 PM
2008 U.S. MEN’S OLYMPIC TEAM ROSTER BY POSITION
GOALKEEPERS (2): Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Chris Seitz (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (5): Patrick Ianni (Houston Dynamo), Michael Orozco (San Luis), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution), Nathan Sturgis (Real Salt Lake), Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Freddy Adu (SL Benfica), Michael Bradley (SC Heerenveen), Maurice Edu (Toronto FC), Benny Feilhaber (Derby County), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Danny Szetela (Brescia Calcio)
FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Villarreal), Charlie Davies (Hammarby IF), Brian McBride (out of contract), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew) There we go

Damien
07-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh perfect, and look at that, we have a pile of road games ahead of us. Woohoo!

ThunderTundra
07-17-2008, 12:37 PM
There's not a whole lot there that benefits us in the near future. We sure could have used this in June as far as other teams losses go

werewolf
07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Edu hasn't been playing that well anyway. I think Wynne is a bigger loss. Tough to replace him, maybe James can play that spot.

sully
07-17-2008, 12:57 PM
hopefully Tebily will be back soon to help out at the back..

boban
07-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Oh perfect, and look at that, we have a pile of road games ahead of us. Woohoo!
Its not like it wasn't expected.

Damien
07-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Its not like it wasn't expected.

nope, this road trip was out-of-the-blue!!

trane
07-17-2008, 02:17 PM
My biggest problem is that this shit is getting to Edu's head, he may start thinking that it is time for him to head to Barca as a replacment for Ronadlinho.

jayeden
07-17-2008, 02:18 PM
My biggest problem is that this shit is getting to Edu's head, he may start thinking that it is time for him to head to Barca as a replacment for Ronadlinho.

hes the only player on our team taht feels the need to have his own website...and its pretty shit..

trane
07-17-2008, 02:20 PM
^ I have been his supporter, but it has been made clear to me that this shit is getting to his head.

Fort York Redcoat
07-17-2008, 02:22 PM
They want to play in the Olympics? Fine. Have a nice trip. I won't be watching as most of the fotballing community won't. Redundant tournament.

trane
07-17-2008, 02:25 PM
^It is not bad as a gage of the development of younger players, for example I will try to see Italy's games to see what we have comming up, particularly CBs. But otherwise you are righ most do not care.

Fort York Redcoat
07-17-2008, 02:29 PM
fifa under 20s is sufficient but if they were to keep it under 20 on the Olympics it would have more merit (less star power but aye there's the rub)

TFC Tifoso
07-17-2008, 02:38 PM

If he keeps playing like he has this year, he won't even be able to replace Ronald McDonald.

noochie
07-17-2008, 02:45 PM
This makes me a lot more upset that Chicago is dragging their ass across the carpet on this one. FFS, get the deal done so we can sign a couple people. Klopas is an asshat.

Rawkus_420
07-17-2008, 03:00 PM
If he keeps playing like he has this year, he won't even be able to replace Ronald McDonald.

Ronald has a huge boot on him

TFC Tifoso
07-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Ronald has a huge boot on him

Maybe Edu has been using the same one this year.

trane
07-17-2008, 03:52 PM
^ Mystery solved.

ExiledRed
07-17-2008, 04:14 PM
^ I have been his supporter, but it has been made clear to me that this shit is getting to his head.

My only copmment on his website is that there are about three pictures of him in a TFC uniform and about six dozen in a US national team uniform.

Sure it's great to be in the national team, but he's only played a couple times for them, and quite a few for us.

It's almost like trumping up your resume, and glossing over the 'unimportant' stuff.

trane
07-17-2008, 04:18 PM
^That was my impression too.

Roogsy
07-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I got that feeling too. Like TFC is a distant second to his national team commitments. Almost like TFC is just a stepping stone he needs to overcome.

CretanBull
07-17-2008, 04:30 PM
America has a pretty good team there....

trane
07-17-2008, 04:37 PM
I got that feeling too. Like TFC is a distant second to his national team commitments. Almost like TFC is just a stepping stone he needs to overcome.

You are right on the money with that comment.

werewolf
07-17-2008, 04:46 PM
America has a pretty good team there....

Thats what the MLS should be promoting as their players taking on the World (as opposed to the All-star game).

I am still pulling for Japan and Nigeria in that group, no way I can cheer on all these future rivals to the Canadian team.

Oblio2
07-17-2008, 04:48 PM
We'llmiss Wynne but edu has been a pile of shit.

colman1860
07-17-2008, 04:59 PM
My only copmment on his website is that there are about three pictures of him in a TFC uniform and about six dozen in a US national team uniform.

Sure it's great to be in the national team, but he's only played a couple times for them, and quite a few for us.

It's almost like trumping up your resume, and glossing over the 'unimportant' stuff.

I wrote an article about this on my blog:

http://torontofc.theoffside.com/uncategorized/mos-woes.html

trane
07-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Right on the money. I saw him a week or two ago downtown and he was wearing those gold headphones. I did not approach him, I was comming back from a hearing and had other things on my mind, but the way he was carrying himseld rubbed me the wrong way. [ I like that you mention Fulham and Atalanta-that was my observation]

Keegan
07-17-2008, 05:34 PM
^It is not bad as a gage of the development of younger players, for example I will try to see Italy's games to see what we have comming up, particularly CBs. But otherwise you are righ most do not care.

What we have coming up? Why are some of them going to switch to Canada? This is Canada man :canada:

Fuck all other countries

jloome
07-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Right on the money. I saw him a week or two ago downtown and he was wearing those gold headphones. I did not approach him, I was comming back from a hearing and had other things on my mind, but the way he was carrying himseld rubbed me the wrong way. [ I like that you mention Fulham and Atalanta-that was my observation]

I think judging people's motivations by "the way they carry themselves", how many team pictures they have on their website and a bad "feeling" about their attitude is a pretty fucking terrible way to judge someone.

Having said that, he hasn't lived up to last year and looks a little lost sometimes. Nevertheless, he leads the team in assists and did score a goal against Vancouver, so he's hardly a total wash.

trane
07-17-2008, 05:54 PM
jloome I did not say that I judged his motivation by the way he carried himslef, but I did say that it rubbed me the wrong way, and it is not a "fucking terrible way to judge someone" ones comportemnt toward others in public does say something about them. It is ceartainly not the entire picture, but it is part of it. Same for his website he choose what the content is and that tells you plenty about how he wishes to be seen by others. In his case it would seem that he is not big on being seen as a TFC player, but rather an US National Team and a rising star, and not a TFC player.

Nobody, said he is a total wash, he just seems to have stopped progressing and as many suspect it seems to be because he believes the hype.

Keegan, Canada is not in the Olympic tournament, so it is hard to follow them. I like many loyal Canadians and RPB have come from other countries, if that is problem to bad.

ManUtd4ever
07-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Maurice Edu stated prior to the season that his main priority was to score more goals this year. The subsequent roster additions in the TFC midfield led Carver to utilize Edu as a holding midfielder, which he has not adapted to well thus far. Considering that Edu plays a defensive MF role with the USMNT on a regular basis, one can only assume that his inability to perform in a similar role with TFC at a capable level is because he is not motivated enough internally, and that his primary focus with TFC is padding his resume with his personal scoring statistics...