PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post - Game 3: TFC @ Montreal, Sat 16 Mar 4pm

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
03-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Let's do this! I want this win soooo bad!

Scouting:

Montreal @ Portland

--------------Perkins
-Camara-Nesta-Ferrari-Brovsky
-------------Bernier
Nyassi--Martins--Arnaud--Pisanu
-------------Di Vaio

-Montreal is 1st in Eastern Conference with 2 away wins at Seattle and Portland to start the season.
-They've also had the 'advantage' of playing in 2 turf fields
-Schillabaum has instilled a sense of belief in Montreal, evident by their character in away wins.
-Montreal plays on the counter, using Bernier's passing as the outlet. May be more aggressive at home.
-Montreal's set piece has improved, both on attack and defend, a key weakness last season.

Key players:
-Marco di Vaio: Not only he can score, but he's got vision to bring his teammates into play. Underrated passer
-Felipe Martins: Potential to be MLS MVP. Is learning to be a box to box mid.
-Alessandro Nesta: So far, his legs are holding up to MLS play. And Montreal defence is hard to break down with him leading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP6Euxvq14c

JuliquE
03-10-2013, 02:32 PM
My preferred line-up:

---------------Bendik----------------

Eckersley---Califf---O'Dea---A.Morgan

-------Dunfield---------Bekker--------

----Ephraim----Bostock----Lambe-----

--------------Earnshaw---------------

I thought Ephraim had a good showing in his natural position, wide-left, back in Vancouver, but wasn't particularly effective when played more centrally (save for his pressuring/defensive contributions, which actually lead to the first goal). Whilst Lambe had a half-decent showing when played wide-right, in Vancouver, and improved on that when deployed wide-left. Bostock showed he's got tidy feet and is always looking to take defenders on and go forward, either by himself or with playing one-two passes. I think that it can sometimes be effective when wingers swap sides, as they are encouraged to come inside onto their favoured foot (both Bostock and Lambe did well, in this regard).. so, I would try Ephraim on the right, this time, keep Lambe on the left and give Bostock a shot in his natural position (he should be especially looking to impress, there, if/when given the chance); all three have put in a good shift(s), so I couldn't leave any of them out against Montreal -- let them get more familiar with each other, I say.

Russell and Cesar are surely better options to Dunfield, but being older, both lacking a bit of fitness and with Cesar recently coming off an injury, I don't think it wise to risk them on that wretched turf at The Big O. Perhaps Osorio can become a regular starter, but it's too early to throw him into a match of this magnitude (rivalry).. never mind any fitness concerns, having not yet played many minutes. Similarly, Silva is coming off injury and potentially lacking a bit of fitness; both he and Osorio can benefit from coming on as subs a few times, before getting the start (assuming the current starters don't shit the bed, in that time, forcing us to replace them).

Kaz
03-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Looking at the highlights from the two Wins from Montreal... if you give them too much space they will take advantage. They have some speed like Vancouver.

Montreal also seems to give teams a fair bit of space both Portland and Seattle had a fair number of chances to bring the game back but couldn't.

I honestly see this as being not much different from playing Vancouver or SKC, if we pressure play high and take chances when we can I think a tie or even a win is in the realm of possibilities.

ag futbol
03-10-2013, 03:18 PM
This will be a really tough game. If we get anything out of it, great. But I have no expectations other than a well organized squad.

Redcoe15
03-10-2013, 03:37 PM
YIPE! Two road wins in two very difficult venues to play in. It ain't gonna be easy goin' into the Big Ow. We gotsta BRING IT!!!!!

West220Side
03-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm not going to predict the squad for this game, I don't understand our injury situation as well as I would like to. Players like Cesar, Frei, Silva all need to get fit, also Bekker just getting over the Flu.

From a supporters stand point though we've gotta make this a home match for our boys. Sing the full '90.

Morlesio14
03-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Soooo excited for this game in the old run down Olympic stadium

TFC07
03-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Going to be a fun, but difficult game on Saturday. Hopefully we get a draw given Montreal has been playing well. Can't wait to go to Montreal to support the reds!

khso11
03-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Montreal coming out with 2 road wins (the one vs seattle was luck anyway), and I could see that TFC's confidence is also boost from the win vs SKC, this is going to be a real clash (hopefully).

ManUtd4ever
03-11-2013, 10:38 AM
If all of our players are match fit, this is what I would love to see...

-------------------Frei-------------------

Eckersley-----Califf-----O'Dea-----Morgan

-----------Cesar--------Bekker----------
Bostock--------------------------Ephraim
------------------Silva------------------

----------------Earnshaw----------------

PopePouri
03-11-2013, 10:55 AM
If all of our players are match fit, this is what I would love to see...

-------------------Frei-------------------

Eckersley-----Califf-----O'Dea-----Morgan

-----------Cesar--------Bekker----------
Bostock--------------------------Ephraim
------------------Silva------------------

----------------Earnshaw----------------

Hall has surprised me. He had a decent first half in Vancouver and great game against SKC. I'd probably play him ahead of Bekker.

DangerRed
03-11-2013, 11:26 AM
It would be awesome to walk out of there with a point.

EDIT: The ref for this game is none other than Baldomero Toledo, who hates TFC with a virtiolic passion unmatched by any other MLS ref. Unless he despises Montreal more, watch for our game to be upended/ruined/changed by a VERY controversial call, possibly involving a red card. the guy's a maniac.

khso11
03-11-2013, 11:55 AM
The ref for this game is none other than Baldomero Toledo

FML, lets see how many card would he deal this time for TFC

Kaz
03-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Maybe he hates French Canadians more then English Canadians.

Yohan
03-11-2013, 12:19 PM
to be fair, I think Toledo has calmed down his hate towards Toronto lately. I don't recall any red cards or PKs given against TFC in a long time

Ultra & Proud
03-11-2013, 12:33 PM
to be fair, I think Toledo has calmed down his hate towards Toronto lately. I don't recall any red cards or PKs given against TFC in a long time
Don't jinx it!

Oldtimer
03-11-2013, 01:28 PM

He didn't red-card Toronto last time around, he was actually kind of sedate, but he is back in fine form as far as calls goes.

He was in charge during the Houston-DC match March 2, 32 fouls (!), 2 yellow cards, 1 PK(!).

ManUtd4ever
03-11-2013, 01:59 PM
He didn't red-card Toronto last time around, he was actually kind of sedate, but he is back in fine form as far as calls goes.

He was in charge during the Houston-DC match March 2, 32 fouls (!), 2 yellow cards, 1 PK(!).

Considering that both our teams now have their fair share of players that embellish, this one could turn into an ugly affair.

notthesun
03-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Bostock did excellently down the right against SKC. I'm not sure I want him moved elsewhere, since Lambe was far better down the left against SKC than he has been since preseason down the right. We could try Ephraim on the right I suppose, but I'd still rather go with what we know works. Also, giving Bostock more games down the right will get him even more comfortable there, and it frees up the CAM slot for when Silva becomes fully fit. That being said, here's what I'd like to see.

Bendik
Eckersley---O'Dea---Califf---Morgan
Julio Cesar-Bekker
Bostock----------------Lambe
Silva
Earnshaw

Bendik starts regardless of Frei's fitness. Replace Cesar with Hall if he can't go. Replace Silva with Ephraim if he can't go. Not overly concerned with subs, but put Bennett on the bench.

OgtheDim
03-11-2013, 06:42 PM
I don't think Cesar is playing. Another plastic rock hard pitch.

Pint
03-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't think Cesar is playing. Another plastic rock hard pitch.

I agree, it seams like they are going to hold him out until we play on grass.

pawlukj
03-11-2013, 07:39 PM
interesting to see how the squad does.. i have somewhat high hopes for this team, even though i dont know the players too well.. what i have seen from everyone minus a defence hiccup has impressed me.. i think we can take this game, looking forward to it

flatpicker
03-11-2013, 07:59 PM
F**K if I know... but here's hoping for a spirited game in Montreal.

AlanO
03-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Wonder if it's worth starting Bennett or T. Morgan in this one.. Nesta and Ferrari are one of the best CB pairings in the league but they're old and slow. I could see them marking Earnshaw out of the game, but the younger strikers could burn them with pace.

notthesun
03-12-2013, 12:12 AM
Earnshaw's pretty speedy himself, dude's got legs for a 31 year old.

Bennett is probably faster, but he's not smarter or a better finisher, and we'll need both of those to get a result.

JuliquE
03-12-2013, 07:03 AM
Earnshaw's pretty speedy himself, dude's got legs for a 31 year old.

Bennett is probably faster, but he's not smarter or a better finisher, and we'll need both of those to get a result.
Those two points are why Earnshaw must get the start, over Bennett and then, later, we can bring Bennett on to exploit tired legs in their defence.

Suds
03-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Those two points are why Earnshaw must get the start, over Bennett and then, later, we can bring Bennett on to exploit tired legs in their defence.

Agreed. Impact have an experienced back line. I think this is a game were TFC needs an experienced striker with some savvy for finding his way to the goal. It will be interesting to see how Earnshaw fairs. It's going to be a test for our offense to see how many quality chances we can create.

ensco
03-12-2013, 09:48 AM
That horrible turf will be a minefield of turnovers and injuries.

Sorry to disappoint the travelling support, but if I'm Nelsen, I pack the box, hope to maybe get lucky on the counter, but don't count on it. Don't take chances. Play for the 0-0 result.

To go into the two week break with 4 points would be a huge high. (The upcoming break will be the real training camp, with the new players getting settled, which is Nelsen's actual focus, I would think).

Truth be told, the Galaxy game will be the real rollout of the new TFC.

Carts
03-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Agreed. Impact have an experienced back line. I think this is a game were TFC needs an experienced striker with some savvy for finding his way to the goal. It will be interesting to see how Earnshaw fairs. It's going to be a test for our offense to see how many quality chances we can create.

I think if we get a goal, Earnshaw is our best chance - to poach one on a turnover, bad pass, bounce on that plastic shit (just like 1st goal vs KC)...

As Ensco says, we'll probably be very conservative, pack the box and grind the game down - which is fine... Earnshaw can steal one if the chance comes up - pick off a pass or bounce and slot it home - the thing is, he may only get 1-chance, so he needs to take it!

Oldtimer
03-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Sorry to disappoint the travelling support, but if I'm Nelsen, I pack the box, hope to maybe get lucky on the counter, but don't count on it. Don't take chances. Play for the 0-0 result.

Agreed. Some of the best managers in the world would aim for 0-0 in the same situation. Grind it out.

Yohan
03-12-2013, 10:40 AM
I demand a 3-0 victory. If Mariner can get one in Montreal, surely Nelsen can too, right? ;)

ManUtd4ever
03-12-2013, 11:59 AM
I demand a 3-0 victory. If Mariner can get one in Montreal, surely Nelsen can too, right? ;)

Yeah seriously. g:D

All kidding aside, Montreal has been in excellent form and will no doubt be buoyed by their supporters in their home opener. I'll be more than satisfied if we escape the Big O with a draw.

notthesun
03-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Silva doubtful for Saturday according to Larson, as expected.

Pint
03-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Silva doubtful for Saturday according to Larson, as expected.

Seams like they are keeping most of the injured players out all of the turf games.

Suds
03-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Seams like they are keeping most of the injured players out all of the turf games.

Good. Long season still ahead of us. I do not want anyone rushed back too early. Once the CCL games start we will need as many players fit and available as possible.

ManUtd4ever
03-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Good. Long season still ahead of us. I do not want anyone rushed back too early. Once the CCL games start we will need as many players fit and available as possible.

A bit presumptuous no?

I like it. :D

Suds
03-13-2013, 09:46 AM
A bit presumptuous no?

I like it. :D

haha ... yeah .. I meant the Voyageurs Cup games

but my expectation is that TFC retains our title :D

Abou Sky
03-13-2013, 04:33 PM
It's funny, if you ask me who is going to win, I will say Montreal, yet no matter what, if you ask me for a scoreline, I can't give you anything but 2-1 for TFC (this is my default score for any TFC game, sometimes 3-1, but never a loss)

Wow, I am actually THAT freaking stupid...

T-boy
03-13-2013, 05:25 PM
My head is telling me a Montreal win, but I wouldn't be crazy disappointed (just normal disappointed!). My heart is saying a TFC win - and I really want this to make up for last years loss. So, I'll be happy with a draw! I'm going to predict a very unspectacular 0-0.

Yohan
03-13-2013, 05:50 PM
http://www.nexxfield.com/en/news.php?id=66

Seems The Big O has a new turf installed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFPsNI8CIAEpGAD.jpg:large

Super
03-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Turf looks pretty decent actually. Hope it's good to play on as well.

Joe Kool
03-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Well I am going to go against the majority and say I think TFC will pull out a win. Lots of people thought Vancouver would destroy us but they didn't and TFC is better than they were back then. I think we have the potential to stifle their attack and frustrate them. Looking forward to this.

Jack
03-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Tic!

Joe Kool
03-14-2013, 09:35 AM
TAC!

Yohan
03-14-2013, 09:35 AM
​tabernac!

Alonso
03-14-2013, 09:49 AM
WHO?

JuliquE
03-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Sure beats the giant cutting-board they used to play on, there.

http://www.nexxfield.com/en/news.php?id=66

Seems The Big O has a new turf installed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFPsNI8CIAEpGAD.jpg:large

ManUtd4ever
03-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Let's just hope that pieces of the stadium don't collapse on any of our players. ;)

Carts
03-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Let's just hope that pieces of the stadium don't collapse on any of our players. ;)

Let's hope the upper-deck doesn't collapse on US in 149...!!!

ManUtd4ever
03-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Let's hope the upper-deck doesn't collapse on US in 149...!!!

Yes, that too!

Adam
03-14-2013, 11:18 AM
THE!

Marc"2L"
03-14-2013, 12:07 PM
THE!
Fine, I'll be the vulgar one

​FUCK's

Initial B
03-14-2013, 12:49 PM
THE!
I was so happily surprised with last week's results, I think they might even tie L'Impact this week.

Suds
03-14-2013, 01:07 PM
LimpAct

bigredone
03-14-2013, 02:28 PM
I would really like to see more of what Osorio can do. Try him out up-front if Silva is not in or bring him in early enough to let him spread his wings.

Abou Sky
03-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Man I wish I was going!

GuelphStorm2007
03-15-2013, 01:13 AM
I hoping for a TFC WIN but It would not surprise me if we draw down there.

Super
03-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Draw would be good, win would be fantastic. A loss would be bad, but it all depends on how we play. I can tolerate losing matches, but I'm DONE with watching a team that doesn't care. I have a feeling this team cares a bit more than past teams. Hope I'm right.

Adam
03-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Reminder:Dont forget tour tickets

Detroit_TFC
03-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Hoping for 1-1, preparing myself for 2-0 Montreal. I echo what others have said, at this stage I want to see that incremental improvement game to game. If that's there I can handle taking a loss from a IMFC team that seems to have their shit together right now (fully expect injury bug to bite them hard later in the season).

jloome
03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

Montreal have played defensively so far, but I've seen them in full flow before, so we can't necessarily expected counterattack ... especially given that we're a counterattacking team, so far.

They have a great backline, but they also have two guys north of 34 who, it's possible, might not be able to keep up with the dribbling at speed of Bostock and Ephraim, so maybe our guys up the middle get some space.

But you look at their lineup, how they've gelled so far, it's tough to see a win. I'll say we shade the lucky side and get a 1-1 draw.

Chubbs
03-15-2013, 01:59 PM
For those who aren't making the trip to Montreal, is there a contingent of people who are watching at a bar downtown? Wish I could have made the trip to Montreal, but failing that would love to watch the game somewhere with some good atmosphere...

notthesun
03-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Silva, Julio Cesar and Welshman didn't travel with the team. Silva close to returning but still out, Julio Cesar is healthy but lacking fitness, and Welshman is fully fit but lost out on a spot on the bench with Braun back at full fitness.

We're likely going to see the same starting lineup as last week, unless Bekker starts in midfield, but I doubt Nelsen will do that.

69Chevy396
03-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Silva, Julio Cesar and Welshman didn't travel with the team. Silva close to returning but still out, Julio Cesar is healthy but lacking fitness, and Welshman is fully fit but lost out on a spot on the bench with Braun back at full fitness.

We're likely going to see the same starting lineup as last week, unless Bekker starts in midfield, but I doubt Nelsen will do that.

Montreal beat two of the best teams on the road. They have built a terrific MLS club out of nothing (how many starters. Were with the USL team.). TFC has improved over the shit ple of the past 7 years, but are outclassed in this game. Montreal 4 TFC 1

Daze
03-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Montreal beat two of the best teams on the road. They have built a terrific MLS club out of nothing (how many starters. Were with the USL team.). TFC has improved over the shit ple of the past 7 years, but are outclassed in this game. Montreal 4 TFC 1

That's ridiculous. Montreal beat two attacking teams by sitting back and hitting them on the break. Seattle had one eye on the CCL and Portland play Ryan Johnson up front. I really don't think their first two wins are as impressive as everyone is making them out to be. Sure It'll be difficult, away games in MLS always are( every game is tough for TFC really), but I don`t think Montreal is gonna look so good when they come up against us and realize "holy shit, we're gonna have to be the ones who go out and attack today". They aren't very creative, but they are good at running around a lot, so We're very similar in that aspect. my bet is a 1-1 draw.

Edit: only their back-up GK played on their NASL team, and that was only for one season.

Kaz
03-16-2013, 12:26 AM
Both Road Wins resulted from defensive and offensive mistakes by their opponent. Neither Portland nor Seattle capitalized on their attacks often missing shot after shot, and the Montreal goals were really resulting in defensive break downs.

We won't see Montreal score more then 2 at best.. I'd be surprised if they put in more then 1 if the score at all.

I think it will be Montreal one TFC what ever we can put in the back of the net. This game is won lost or tied by our offensive chances...

dutch
03-16-2013, 03:27 AM
limpact are riding high and you know what gettin high does to ya, yeah some people say theyll play even better at home. but I think theyre fit for a bad game in theyre 3rd game. I think earnshaw is not done with his new home awakening and I can see him potting 2 good goals not adding penalty kicks, bostock is gonna be alot more comfortable this time around too. montreal might have pulled off 2 surprising wins but the only thing stopping tfc from being known as a real contender is gelling togethor and this is our 3rd game. I think this will be our best game played yet. 2-1 tfc maybe 3-2 tfc.

Huyton
03-16-2013, 04:55 AM
Flintstones

Impact? Fuck the Impact
They’re just refugees from Italy
When we Beat them 6-1
‘Twas a great day in our history

Let’s ride on the bus to Montreal
Nelsen, and his boys will own the ball

Impact? Fuck the Impact
We will fuck them at the Big Owe
And at Saputo,
And fuck the Whitecaps Too!

FluSH
03-16-2013, 05:23 AM
Lord,

If I die today... Bury me in red... With my RPB Dichio Scarf, a cuban cigar and whiskey bottle by my side.

Amen.

flatpicker
03-16-2013, 05:34 AM
If I die today, give me a soft pillow... I'm tired!

Super
03-16-2013, 06:04 AM
Morning lads. ROAD TRIP! See you there, and for the unfortunate who can't make the trip, you'll be there in spirit!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

West220Side
03-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Gonna catch the Rangers match online then we're going to be checking out of the hotel and heading back off into Montreal, its finally here ladies and gentlemen!

Reds on Tour!

levyashin
03-16-2013, 07:37 AM
GAME DAY!! montreal here we come!!!

ensco
03-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Flintstones

Impact? Fuck the Impact
When we Beat them 6-1

Impact? Fuck the Impact
And at Saputo,

Bravo. You should write these for a living.

daner90
03-16-2013, 09:30 AM
4 years in a row,
4 years in a rowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

TFC Tifoso
03-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Flintstones

Impact? Fuck the Impact
When we Beat them 6-1

Impact? Fuck the Impact
And at Saputo,

don't really think there's a need for that line........

jloome
03-16-2013, 10:21 AM

Oh come on dude, he's not ripping Italians. He's ripping Montreal Impact Italians. Christ, if they were Chinese he'd have done the same.

Offensensitivity helps no one.

TFC Tifoso
03-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Oh come on dude, he's not ripping Italians. He's ripping Montreal Impact Italians. Christ, if they were Chinese he'd have done the same.

really?....."refugees" from Italy is cool?......ok I'll keep that in mind....something tells me that if something similar was said about the British it wouldn't pass so easily (in fact , I've seen it not go down so well on here before).......not oversensitivity at all, just that if its gonna be played one way, it should be played the other too.......keepin' it real and all that......

JavierMartini
03-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Any streams for this one

JavierMartini
03-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Now all that's needed is a thousand little beepers in the impact support section ;)

JoeyB
03-16-2013, 11:49 AM
limpact are riding high and you know what gettin high does to ya, yeah some people say theyll play even better at home. but I think theyre fit for a bad game in theyre 3rd game. I think earnshaw is not done with his new home awakening and I can see him potting 2 good goals not adding penalty kicks, bostock is gonna be alot more comfortable this time around too. montreal might have pulled off 2 surprising wins but the only thing stopping tfc from being known as a real contender is gelling togethor and this is our 3rd game. I think this will be our best game played yet. 2-1 tfc maybe 3-2 tfc.

We win one game in 15 months and we've gone from suicidal to from higher than a kite flown from a F-18 . A herion high so to speak. What a come down this will be for some.

JoeyB
03-16-2013, 11:51 AM

I agree this is just stupid. Why even go there.

ag futbol
03-16-2013, 12:16 PM
That's ridiculous. Montreal beat two attacking teams by sitting back and hitting them on the break. Seattle had one eye on the CCL and Portland play Ryan Johnson up front. I really don't think their first two wins are as impressive as everyone is making them out to be. Sure It'll be difficult, away games in MLS always are( every game is tough for TFC really), but I don`t think Montreal is gonna look so good when they come up against us and realize "holy shit, we're gonna have to be the ones who go out and attack today". They aren't very creative, but they are good at running around a lot, so We're very similar in that aspect. my bet is a 1-1 draw.
Yeah I'd have to disagree with you there. Travel being what it is in MLS and the nature of home field advantage and all, it's an accomplishment. The stat came up this week, the last east coast team to go to the west coast and win back to back road games was New England multiple years ago. Perhaps there was another conditional attached to it as well, but none the less it doesn't happen often.

I do agree that this isn't an impossible task for us in Montreal though. There's no reason why we can't keep this game competitive and from there who knows what happens? My expectations are low but not looking at it as a lost cause. We just need to continue to be patient. Management has said the team's not a finished product at this point and that's fair.

HuTor
03-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Any streams for this one

http://atdee.net/61124/watch-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc
http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/175280/1/watch-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc.html
http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/158764_montreal_toronto/

barticusz
03-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Not expecting a win today but I'm looking forward to the game. Give me one solid half again and I'll be happy. We'll already have 3 more solid halves than all of last year.

notthesun
03-16-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm thinking we'll get a little Bostock magic today. g:D

Ajax TFC
03-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Same XI as against KC.

SoccMan
03-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Let's keep this Italian crap or any ethnic remarks off these boards, no need for it, " All for one" remember. furthermore, TFC represents the Toronto area, an area populated by so many people with some kind of Italian background, unless you just started living in theToronto area like yesterday, you should know that, furthermore, many TFC fans have some Italian background in them, regardless lets keep any ethnic remarks off these bloody boards. I hate Montreal because they want to take points off of my team, not because of the ethnic makeup of their team, no matter where they come from.

JavierMartini
03-16-2013, 02:29 PM
http://atdee.net/61124/watch-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc
http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/175280/1/watch-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc.html
http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/158764_montreal_toronto/

many thanks, my usuals dont have this one

colman1860
03-16-2013, 02:39 PM

And it would be just as dumb, ignorant and offensive

OgtheDim
03-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Solution

Seria A refugees

v00d00daddy
03-16-2013, 03:02 PM

You know..it might be a case of being a bit hyper sensitive but it seems as though shots at Italian players are okay on this board.

One things is certain....making English refugee comments would bring out a lot of people with their undies in a bunch.

The Italian shots (divers, Serie A rejects, Italian refugees) get a pass because it's people that area part of the vocal majority that say it.

I hope we destroy Montreal today but if we lose and the Italian players on Montreal have a had in it, a part of me will smile.

v00d00daddy
03-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Solution

Seria A refugees

Exactly. Or Serie A rejects which I've also seen.

Just understand that we can be called English Championship rejects.

Which would you rather?

Heart of Stone
03-16-2013, 03:09 PM
"Upwards of 5000 from Toronto... eclipses a MLS away support record."

v00d00daddy
03-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Oh man. Toledo as the Ref?

Seriously? He'd better not fuck this game up.

Heart of Stone
03-16-2013, 03:10 PM
The general Impact fans look like Leaf fans... sitting down or not in their seats.

Heart of Stone
03-16-2013, 03:11 PM
I am sure Toledo will be up the usual "MLSing"... there isn't much in-service training for these guys.

jloome
03-16-2013, 03:11 PM
That was Toledo's first shit call. Hall got the ball first.

OgtheDim
03-16-2013, 03:12 PM
I personally have no problem calling somebody a refugee from the league they were in. But then I spent 10 years working with refugees in this city, and my parents came over after a slight disagreement with the government as to military service, so I don't disrespect that designation either. I do have an issue with calling somebody by their nationality.

Banter.

colman1860
03-16-2013, 03:15 PM
I am sure Toledo will be up the usual "MLSing"... there isn't much in-service training for these guys.

Why let facts or research get in the way of a lazy narrative

OgtheDim
03-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Is Toledo carrying his yellow card in his hand?

JoeyB
03-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Is it just me or does that plastic pitch look like the best plastic pitch ever. It actually looks green and not some kind of musky dark green.

Batman
03-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Is it just me or does that plastic pitch look like the best plastic pitch ever. It actually looks green and not some kind of musky dark green.

Ya.. good colour and looks WAAAYY better than Rogers.

I always wondered why it was so hard to get the colour right of artificial surfaces.. you wouldnt think it would be that hard.

colman1860
03-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing whether it was the pitch or somebody's studs that caused Dunfield's knees to get all cut up

notthesun
03-16-2013, 03:26 PM
We've had some good pressure going for the last 6 or 8 minutes. Ball's only been in the Impact half.

Chubbs
03-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing whether it was the pitch or somebody's studs that caused Dunfield's knees to get all cut up
Judging by how pissed off he looked, I'd lean towards cleats

Chubbs
03-16-2013, 03:29 PM
And the Toledo show begins....

JoeyB
03-16-2013, 03:30 PM
It's pretty tight. Two good teams.

Batman
03-16-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Maple Leaf embedded in the TFC kit.
It seems to get real dark whenever the guys start to sweat.
Looks kind of crumby.

Batman
03-16-2013, 03:31 PM
It's pretty tight. Two good teams.

First time I've ever heard that when TFC was playing.

JoeyB
03-16-2013, 03:34 PM
First time I've ever heard that when TFC was playing.

There still is lots of time. lol

Corpand
03-16-2013, 03:38 PM
This is fantastic!

Nelsen talked about taking full control of the game so that you can dictate how the other team plays.
We are currently playing our strength and Montreal's weakness with the high pressure we put on. Forces them to kick balls over the top which helps our 6'4 Califf easily clean up.

I like it. Key is when Montreal change their formation second half, focussing more in midfield.

Richard
03-16-2013, 03:39 PM
OMG so close.

__wowza
03-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Any streams for this one

always, always check http://www.firstrow1.eu/
they have everything you need.. even games we play against the earthquake with those god awful san jose announcers.

ag futbol
03-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Mogan is having a crazy terrible game at this point. He's got to get his head on straight, otherwise his starting spot is going to be in doubt.

Dv23
03-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Awesome.. Don't know what Ashtone was thinking there. He's been so sloppy.

ensco
Morgan got schooled there.

Richard
Fuck you toledo

Corpand
Ouch ^^

Especially now.

OgtheDim
Morgan....hmmmm....yeah that's a penalty.

JavierMartini
03-16-2013, 03:43 PM
yup, wee all knew it was gonna happen. Shoulder to shoulder , he touches the ball on the ground gets up and dives again.

ag futbol
Fuck you toledo
I don't know what more we want, that was CSL level defending.

__wowza
lead the leak with 9 penalty kicks.. being able to draw penalties, that's not a record you should be proud of.

Gazza
Ashtone Morgan's had a brutal 2 and half games so far. He just doesn't have the technical ability to be a pro footballer.

v00d00daddy
Fuck.

I thought we looked okay for the last 10-15

Dv23
03-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Morgan has been the weakest link in this defence throughout all three of the games. I'd rather see Boss out there, I think.

Richard

Yeh i got a better look and Morgan was bad there.

__wowza

agreed, he wasn't getting a shot off from that angle. sloppy.

notthesun
Morgan just panicked. He had the pace to get goal side and close down his man, but he went in for the tackle instead. Inexperience.

ensco
That wasn't that close a call. Not screamingly obvious, but I think correct. It's not a shoulder to shoulder play, given that Romero already had established control.

Morgan can't put himself in the hands of the refs like that.

JavierMartini
03-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Ashtone Morgan's had a brutal 2 and half games so far. He just doesn't have the technical ability to be a pro footballer.

what? most assists on the team last season.

Oldtimer
03-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Toledo 1, TFC 0.

JoeyB
03-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Let's see if Jesus Nelsen can keep the boys heads calm. Panic seems to be setting in. And it looks like Di Viao is getting into our back 4 heads. Why even talk to him FFS.

Dv23
03-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Toledo 1, TFC 0.

You're joking, right? It was a clear penalty, and we would be outraged if the roles were reversed there and the PK was not called in our favour.

OgtheDim
03-16-2013, 03:48 PM
In fairness, Toledo is probably calling this game better then most MLS refs would.

Richard
03-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Is Nesta playing, just recently started watching.

wesvahr
03-16-2013, 03:49 PM
what? most assists on the team last season.

I like that he had the most assists on the team last year, the catch is he is a defense player, that should be his first priority. Perhaps a move to the midfield would be better suited for him.

Oldtimer
03-16-2013, 03:53 PM
You're joking, right? It was a clear penalty, and we would be outraged if the roles were reversed there and the PK was not called in our favour.

I'm joking. Morgan did a poor move there.

colman1860
03-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Honestly cannot believe the insanity of some of the journalists. I realize Rollins is a TFC fan, but as a Canadian soccer journalists he should hold himself to a higher standard than "That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Really." Not much better from Larson etc either.

JonO
03-16-2013, 03:55 PM
I don't think it's a clear penalty. I can see why the ref called it, but it certainly could have gone either way....

Gazza
03-16-2013, 03:55 PM
We Suck Again!

Oldtimer
03-16-2013, 03:56 PM
well... that's so sad.

jloome
Shocking positioning from Hall and Dunfield. Dunfield let Arnaud drift two feet behind him. Shocking.

wesvahr
I see Bekker coming in at the half now that it's 2-0 for either hall or Dunfield.

JavierMartini
was that califf, usless haha

Oldtimer
03-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Don't forget, an average MLS side loses half of their away games... and TFC isn't yet average.

Davenport
Still at least 4 players away from being a decent team.

Dv23
FUCK. I hate losing. Both goals came from VERY poor positioning on our parts.

Simple
Sadly I think the problem with this team is the middle of the pitch. We have no presence there. The 2nd goal was a result of this. I wish Hall & Dunfield the best but it's plain as day that we need better players in those positions.

Give the fans a goal in the 2nd half boys!

Chubbs
Hall and Morgan are just not up to snuff this game.

sully
03-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Jeremy hall and Lambe need to be replaced and Morgan should be a sub.

Davenport
I see Bekker coming in at the half now that it's 2-0 for either hall or Dunfield.
Hall, Morgan, Dunfield, Lambe and Eckersley are not good enough.

SirBobSaget
Hurry up and get those 4 players in. Hopefully 2 DMs and a LB are on the way.

Morgan needs to be challenged and earn his starting spot because he hasn't looked good this year. How many wayward medium range passes?

ag futbol
03-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Honestly, let's not go crazy here. We just learned a bit about our team here over the half.

Morgan's defending being called into question
Hall & Dunfield failing to shield the backline on the Arnaud run that lead to the goal.
Lambe completely ineffective on the left side
Earnshaw working hard up top but needs the ball
Bostock looking a little bit stuck over on the right side.

Think it says more about some of the players than it does on the coaching staff.

DangerRed
Hall is the worst player on the team, defending is shocking today, that was a penalty and Bostock's selfishness is costing us chances.

JavierMartini
Hall and Morgan are just not up to snuff this game.

After califf cant hold the line or mark his man........ Morgan got calle dfor the 2nd foul on that pk. you know after the impact player fell and handled the ball....

bigredone
Ooooosaaaariiiiiiooooooo time

Dv23
03-16-2013, 04:00 PM
What's most upsetting is that we looked great at times in the half. Just sucks to see it fall apart so suddenly because of bad mistakes. That hurts the most.

ag futbol
03-16-2013, 04:00 PM
In fairness, Toledo is probably calling this game better then most MLS refs would.
I haven't seen anything objectionable in the first half, especially by MLS's normally low reffing standards.

Gazza
03-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Once we replace Morgan, Dunfield and Hall, things will start looking up.

SirBobSaget
03-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Seems the league got the scouting report on Bostock, being triple teamed when on the ball. The only option is to pass back to Eckersley who hasn't made a dangerous pass in 2+ years.

Gazza
I haven't seen anything objectionable in the first half, especially by MLS's normally low reffing standards.

Hall's yellow card wasn't even a foul, but other than that, he's been better than i'd ever expect. Especially by Toledo's standards.

SoccMan
What do you expect with Dunfield and Hall in the center of the pitch, clearly the fault of Dunfield on the second goal and to a lesser extent Hall. The sooner these two are off the field the better and bring Morgan with them!

notthesun
03-16-2013, 04:03 PM
So I'm about to post about how our defense has still been pretty solid despite the PK, and we haven't been all that bad. Then that happens.

Guess who lets Arnaud run in behind him in the middle of the park and run straight at our defense with no pressure? Terry fucking Duncefield. For god's sake, get this guy out of our starting lineup. Useless going forward and terribly error-prone in defense, I'm tired of it.

Julio Cesar back at full fitness and signing one of those Honduran mids can't come fast enough.

19Barrett19
03-16-2013, 04:07 PM
What a horrible PK call! If that's a PK then there would be 2 games in MLS all time. Horrible you dumbass linesman u should be ashamed of yourself.

SirBobSaget
03-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Was that offside??

Gazza
03-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Heeeyyyyyy Terry Dunfield,
Ooh, Ahh
I wanna knooooooooowwwwww
why you didn't cover your man!

Dv23
03-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Was that offside??

Just saw a replay. Yeah, looked to be offside. Hard call to make, to be fair, if you're the linesman.

19Barrett19
03-16-2013, 04:09 PM

Agreed Morgan is the worst player in the staring 11 he's only looked good in the past because Koev finished his low crosses. He has no 1v1 skill and no ball control.

SirBobSaget
03-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Just saw a replay. Yeah, looked to be offside. Hard call to make, to be fair, if you're the linesman.
Thats 2 iffy calls the same linesman has made against TFC.

ag futbol
03-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Hall is the worst player on the team, defending is shocking today, that was a penalty and Bostock's selfishness is costing us chances.
I don't want to make any bold predictions on that as of yet. He's not getting much support out there. Basically it's a three man game between Hogan, Earnshaw, and Bostock. All three are being marked out by multiple guys while everyone else is allowed to roam around and do what they want. Dunfield, Hall, and company couldn't punish an opposing team attack wise if they were playing with 8 men.

It is possible Bostock is ineffective, but I want to see him with better teammates first to be sure.

notthesun
03-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Looked onside to me guys. TSN paused it a little after the pass. At contact I think he was on.

Also, throw Hall in there too on the mistakes leading to that goal. Should've held back rather than pressing, he left too much space in behind him.

Gazza
03-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Looked onside to me guys. TSN paused it a little after the pass. At contact I think he was on.

Also, throw Hall in there too on the mistakes leading to that goal. Should've held back right than pressing, he left too much space in behind him.

This.

Tsn paused it when the ball was yards away from the passer. He was in line with the D. Not sure what De Vos is smoking.

notthesun
03-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Are you kidding me with that shot Dunfield...

Seriously get Bekker on for him, we need goals anyways.

jloome
03-16-2013, 04:15 PM
I don't want to make any bold predictions on that as of yet. He's not getting much support out there. Basically it's a three man game between Hogan, Earnshaw, and Bostock. All three are being marked out by multiple guys while everyone else is allowed to roam around and do what they want. Dunfield, Hall, and company couldn't punish an opposing team attack wise if they were playing with 8 men. It is possible Bostock is ineffective, but I want to see him with better teammates first to be sure. He's not being selfish, we were keying the play through him deliberately; Montreal, obviously having discovered the miracle of digital recording, doubtless watched last week, which is why he was triple teamed every time he touched the ball. Two boneheaded mistakes, two goals.

Gazza
03-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Astone Morgan's a lot like Marvel Wynne. I wonder if TFC plans on developing him on the job. Trying to make a great athlete into a soccer player. Who's the backup left back? If it's still Emory, we're fucked.

sully
03-16-2013, 04:18 PM
More stupidity from hall nearly cost us

jloome
03-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Astone Morgan's a lot like Marvel Wynne. I wonder if TFC plans on developing him on the job. Trying to make a great athlete into a soccer player. Who's the backup left back? If it's still Emory, we're fucked. Nah, Morgan's got a skill set, Wynne is just a monstrously gifted athlete (and fast). But Asthone's only 20. Still early days.

JoeyB
03-16-2013, 04:19 PM
The fact that our assistant coach comes from NCAA div 3 and from the great state of Maine, has always shocked me. They should have brought someone in with tons of MLS experience to off-set the lack of coaching experience of Nelsen. We lost the game vs Vancouver in the dressing room at half and to think that the team didn't have a practice on that turf is bizarre to say the least. Rookie mistake.

If nothing changes in the second half tactically-- ya it's still the coaching. YA it's nice he's brought in better players, but Nelsen needs to do something with them than just send them out.

ag futbol
03-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Astone Morgan's a lot like Marvel Wynne. I wonder if TFC plans on developing him on the job. Trying to make a great athlete into a soccer player. Who's the backup left back? If it's still Emory, we're fucked.
It's a pretty good comparison actually. Also a good opportunity to think about what our academy "developed" as opposed to what the players developed on their own. Taking into account Morgan only started with the team in his late teens however.

Ajax TFC
03-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Lambe just shoot that next time

Gazza
03-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Nah, Morgan's got a skill set, Wynne is just a monstrously gifted athlete (and fast). But Asthone's only 20. Still early days.

I hope you're right. I just don't see the class to be a quality player even in this league. My fingers are crossed that Henry can be that guy.

ag futbol
03-16-2013, 04:21 PM
If nothing changes in the second half tactically-- ya it's still the coaching. YA it's nice he's brought in better players, but Nelsen needs to do something with them than just send them out.
What can you do when you've got possibly the best two central midfielders on the team but still probably the worst two starting central mids in MLS? Roster has serious limitations.

notthesun
03-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Lambe just shoot that next time

Ugh seriously. I mean we ended up hitting the crossbar anyways but after Lambe cut inside he should've scorched that into the bottom left corner.

jloome
03-16-2013, 04:24 PM
What can you do when you've got possibly the best two central midfielders on the team but still probably the worst two starting central mids in MLS? Roster has serious limitations. I dunno ... I expect Dunfield to make mistakes like that. I don't know yet whether Osorio, Cesar or Bekker would.

SirBobSaget
03-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Nice response from TFC to start the 2nd half. One thing i'm 100% happy with this season is the team's drive and the ability of the coach

Gazza
03-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Good. Bekker coming on soon. Put him over the ball on the set pieces please.

OgtheDim
Bostock is seriously left footed. Definately need a decent WB and or RIM to help him out.

Ooo...Bekker.

JoeyB
What can you do when you've got possibly the best two central midfielders on the team but still probably the worst two starting central mids in MLS? Roster has serious limitations.

They need to bring in two Italians. lol

SirBobSaget
03-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Wake up call Morgan. Hall and Morgan out, does Nelsen read the boards at HT?

ag futbol
03-16-2013, 04:34 PM
see now that's a questionable penalty, lolol

Simple
03-16-2013, 04:34 PM
great run by Terry Dunfield there, and a good Penalty call. If his talent matched his workrate he'd be a world beater

SirBobSaget
03-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Dunfield!!!! he knows the tricks

Gazza
03-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Legendary Terry strikes again!

jloome
03-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Back in it boys

bigredone
03-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Earnshaw vs Everyone

Lumpy
Dunfield is the man

JonO
Surprised they called that penalty but what a stupid foul by MontrealMontreal

jloome
03-16-2013, 04:38 PM
Eek, Bekker. Bad decision on that giveaway.

JoeyB
great run by Terry Dunfield there, and a good Penalty call. If his talent matched his workrate he'd be a world beater

Kidding me? It was terrible. The ball didn't even get through. Terry dove and did his I'm a victim stuff. Hey it worked but that's what you call a make up call at best for the Montreal one.

Gazza
Heeeeeey Terry Dunfield!
Ooh, Aah!
I wanna knoooooooowwwwww
How you drew that penalty.

v00d00daddy
see now that's a questionable penalty, lolol

Questionable? LOL

I'll take it but....the next time I see anyone call a player on another team a diver.....hahahaha

Dunfield is an embarrassment. When he ran in to the Montreal keeper in the 1st half he's lucky he didn't get his nose broken. Now he completely flops (couldn't even dive with skill hahaha) and steals us a penalty.

Toledo has been bad....but for once it's in our favour.

One more please Baldomedo.

Just saw the replay. He wasn't even touched. hahaha

Simple
03-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Doesn't matter if the ball didn't get through. It was a foul in the box during open play. That's a penalty. Sure there was embellishment which isn't something I love but it's not a dive and it is part of the game regardless of my POV. It was a pretty easy call to make.

jloome
03-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Questionable? LOL I'll take it but....the next time I see anyone call a player on another team a diver.....hahahaha Dunfield is an embarrassment. When he ran in to the Montreal keeper in the 1st half he's lucky he didn't get his nose broken. Now he completely flops (couldn't even dive with skill hahaha) and steals us a penalty. Toledo has been bad....but for once it's in our favour. One more please Baldomedo. Just saw the replay. He wasn't even touched. hahaha Watch it again. Iachino tugs the back of his jersey slightly and Terry goes down like the Hindenberg in a match factory.

JoeyB
03-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Doesn't matter if the ball didn't get through. It was a foul in the box during open play. That's a penalty. Sure there was embellishment which isn't something I love but it's not a dive and it is part of the game regardless of my POV. It was a pretty easy call to make.

So you're okay with that call going against us? just asking...

Lumpy
03-16-2013, 04:42 PM
It's a goal who cares

v00d00daddy
03-16-2013, 04:43 PM

You're blind. Plain and simple. Calling that embellishment is sad.

He wasn't touched. And he pulled his own legs up like he was trying to catch an egg falling out of his ass.

Embellishment is one thing. And I agree with you...I have no problem when you sell a call to make sure the ref knows you were fouled.

But when you con the ref into a a penalty when there was no contact...you shame yourself and your team AND you make the ref look bad.

When Toledo sees that after the game you can be sure he'll make a mental note of it.

Simple
03-16-2013, 04:44 PM
The first one? or the same one? well I guess answer to both is yes. I've come to terms with calls I don't love being called. It's football, it's life, dont let it get ya down

v00d00daddy
Watch it again. Iachino tugs the back of his jersey slightly and Terry goes down like the Hindenberg in a match factory.

Tugged or put a hand on him?

There was no foul to sell. It was an out and out dive.

notthesun
I think the Dunfield penalty essentially levels things out. Both PKs were callable, but extremely soft.

On the bright side, this is out first genuinely second half of the season.

Simple
03-16-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm not blind my friend. Perhaps we could use less superlatives. Your opinion is not foolish, but in this case we disagree

Lumpy
03-16-2013, 04:45 PM
I see it as a goal and the start of a comeback

ag futbol
03-16-2013, 04:46 PM
It's a goal who cares
Yep. All this talk of the reffing is nothing more than misdirection. Both teams are dealing with it... more about how each team is playing.

OgtheDim
03-16-2013, 04:47 PM
We are keeping them far away from the box.

JoeyB
03-16-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm hating that every time the ref doesn't call any contact-- both teams have player putting their hands up in shock.

jloome
03-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Tugged or put a hand on him? There was no foul to sell. It was an out and out dive. Looked like a genuine tug, shirt coming outwards. Still a dive. Still glad we got it. Still think he's a terrible fucking player.

jloome
03-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Lack of movement from other players into the box is scary. Not gonna score a goal like that.

ag futbol
03-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Man these free kicks have all been pretty bad

OgtheDim
03-16-2013, 04:51 PM
I'd like to see what Silva and Cesar do.

Simple
03-16-2013, 04:51 PM
The free kicks have been a frustration today. I can't think of a good ball being put in. With better service we could have had a few more opportunities. Still early days though. This is looking at the moment like another game of positives and negatives. Come on boys, get in there!

bigredone
03-16-2013, 04:52 PM
too late, but lets see his magic

ag futbol
03-16-2013, 05:00 PM
You'd think we could at least get the ball back once in 4 minutes of injury time

jloome
03-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Put it in the books, we're done.

Simple
03-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Ran out of steam in the end. Another game with some good things and some bad things. A few weeks now to practice together and get better as a unit. I'm disappointed but not angry. BTW, have we ever won 3 league games on the bounce?

JavierMartini
every counter attack in the last 5 minutes was whistled down for a foul.

jloome
Not ready for prime time. Good effort though.

JavierMartini
bekker is trash from the free kicks , he puts no elevation on the ball.

Lumpy
03-16-2013, 05:04 PM
One dumb mistake cost us a tie and another cost us the win. Good effort

smtavare
03-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Midfield lost this game for us, I hate Duncefield, no service up front, no holding the ball in the middle. Morgan's defensive play was always suspect, not just this game

69Chevy396
too late, but lets see his magic

The team played better but they are still the worst clubin the league. The midfield for his team has always been mediocre and today more of the same. Dunfield gave away the ball every time he touched it inthe second half. The subs did nothing. If it werent for a much improved defence the score would have been much worse.

TorontoFC11
Bekker did not seem to know where to go with or without the ball. His free kicks were not any better.

Lumpy
Earnshaw 3 goals in first 3 games

v00d00daddy
03-16-2013, 05:07 PM
I didn't think we looked too bad in the second half. We just lack that last bit of final third creativity. Earnshaw looks good but when he has to rely on Lambe, Dunfield, Ephraim, and Hall to feed him...well he's gonna starve.

Combine that with Earnshaw having to go up against a central defender like Ferrari and you have an end product of a good player rendered totally useless.

Eckersley's "passion" is pathetic. He defends with zero sense of positioning and relies totally on effort, fouling, and running.

Bendik played well. Couple saves on DiVaio or it could have been worse.

Ahh well. On to the next one.

Oh...and Terry Dunfield is an embarrassment to the jersey. Running in to goalies, diving, and trying to head the ball out of the keepers hands. Those are his three most influential contributions to this game.

Stress
03-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Although I thought he had a few nice touches and attempts, I noticed Ephraim putting his hands up a lot in frustration of what his teammates were doing (lack of passing to him, no quick free kick etc.). Being a diva like that isn't going to help anyone. Hopefully Nelly or Fran have a word with him.

Oh and Bostock wasn't very impressive. Not sure why so many people (not necessarily here) were raving about him after the SKC game. Far too reliant on his left foot so he's going to get figured out quicker than Plata.

DangerRed
03-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Better team won, we're miles from home and I hope Nelsen sees Bostock's selfish play a something worth correcting. There were overlaps he missed completely which would've led to crosses into the box because he was busy trying and failing to deke out the double team that was on him non-stop. Reminds me a lot of the way Alen Stevanovic played - talented technically but positionally ineffective.

And I'll say what I say every week because it gets proved out every game: Dunfield and Hall have no business starting for a professional team.

PopePouri

Yes more turnover is required right now.

bigredone
The team played better but they are still the worst clubin the league. The midfield for his team has always been mediocre and today more of the same. Dunfield gave away the ball every time he touched it inthe second half. The subs did nothing. If it werent for a much improved defence the score would have been much worse.

I'm speechless and angry, but I'll be back. Our newbies will improve and things will get better!

Dv23
03-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Concluding thoughts:

Montreal is a great team and I think they're going to do well this year. I'm never been the hating type, and despite them being our rivals I would rather see Canadian teams do well in this league.

Toronto showed a lot of heart for the entirety of the second half. There were flashes of brilliance throughout the game, and we put in one of the best performances I've ever seen from a TFC roster, with the exception of about 15 minutes in the first half when we gave up those two goals from bad positioning.

Can't wait to see what Silva and Cesar can contribute in the coming weeks. Hall and Dunfield need to go though. I appreciate Dunfield's work ethic, and he's the one that got the lone goal for us today, let's be honest, but their skill is just not where it needs to be. Morgan has consistently disappointed as well, and we need a new LB. Otherwise, defence looked not bad for the third game in a row.

I think that we can genuinely become one of the better teams in the league this year. We need about three new starters, and we'll be able to compete with the best of them.

Earnshaw and Koevermans up top, with Ephraim and Bostock (and Urrutti?) providing service is going to be quite the sight.

I wish the result was better. Lord knows it could have been. But I continue to be impressed with most of what I see. Nelson has inspired these guys.

Jeff s
03-16-2013, 05:14 PM
3 goals in 3 games with only one goalscorer, and on top of that, 2 pk's and one mistake from the defense. When does Nelson plan on having the midfield set up the goals and not rely on the opponents doing it for us?

bigredone
03-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Yes more turnover is required right now.

wondering why they start. Let us at least try something new.

notthesun
03-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Thoughts:

1. Silva needs to be in this team. Ephraim is better suited to the wing.

2. Get Dunfield the hell out of our starting lineup. Absolutely no awareness of Arnaud's run in behind him, which led to the second goal. Can't play a proper ball forward, rash challenges, zero creativity. Get. Him. Out.

3. Far too many long balls to Earnshaw up front. He's not Koevermans, 80% of those balls we won't be getting back.

4. Not a horrible game all in all. Came out flying in the second half and were unlucky not to get a goal with Ephraim hitting the crossbar and Earnshaw coming close as well. A draw wouldn't have been an unfair result, just a couple mistakes did us in. We have a break next week to get everyone fully fit (Julio Cesar and Silva especially) and organized, and probably will have the Argentinian DP in the team as well (with time to actually get settled before playing!). Considering this, and that we're playing at BMO, I have higher expectation for the Galaxy match than I did coming into this one.

DangerRed
03-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Thoughts:

1. Silva needs to be in this team. Ephraim is better suited to the wing.

2. Get Dunfield the hell out of our starting lineup. Absolutely no awareness of Arnaud's run in behind him, which led to the first goal. Can't play a proper ball forward, rash challenges, zero creativity. Get. Him. Out.

3. Far too many long balls to Earnshaw up front. He's not Koevermans, 80% of those balls we won't be getting back.

4. Not a horrible game all in all. Came out flying in the second half and were unlucky not to get a goal with Ephraim hitting the crossbar and Earnshaw coming close as well. A draw wouldn't have been an unfair result, just a couple mistakes did us in. We have a break next week to get everyone fully fit (Julio Cesar and Silva especially) and organized, and probably will have the Argentinian DP in the team as well (with time to actually get settled before playing!). Considering this, and that we're playing at BMO, I have higher expectation for the Galaxy match than I did coming into this one.

Samesies. I'm feeling pretty good ahead of LA, and mostly for similar reasons.

Soccerpro
03-16-2013, 05:27 PM
I hope it's Ecks contract when KP says at least one contract for sure will be renegotiated.
It's good timing to have a week off so we can get some offensiv reinforcements.

Please let us never have to see Hall and Dunfield at CM again.

ensco
03-16-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm more than OK.

We were an absolute shambles last year. This year, with a pretty screwed up training camp (new coach and 100% turnover in key players, none of them here for most/all of it) we got 3 points in first three games (same as three draws) and we were in every game.

Training camp proper starts tomorrow. We'll see where we are in two weeks.

Everyone in Montreal, enjoy your evening. I say there's quite a bit to be optimistic about.

OgtheDim
03-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Silva and Cesar should be in for LA.

Richard
03-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Is Frei still injured?

notthesun
03-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Is Frei still injured?

He was probably ready to go today, but he'll definitely be ready in two weeks' time for the Galaxy. Don't know if I'd start him though.

[NBF]
03-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Not a very good game at all, but a hell of alot better than last season's cow dung. Dunfield, is useless. Hall is hardly any better. I would rather have Bendik in goal than Frei at this point. I've seen enough to say he's the #1 for the rest of the season.

The game was predictable from the moment I saw the lineup, Montreal were prepared to deal with Robert Earnshaw by playing a 4-1-4-1 and Bernier in front of the back 4. Montreal, in the end had the more experienced striker to score on goal and with Earnshaw's contribution minimized there's clearly noone else on TFC's lineup to be able to score. There was basically only one striker playing today and it was DiVaio.

As far as the comment by Payne as to a contract being renegotiated, its clearly Koeverman's. He's practically useless at this point and will be renegotiated and released. Koeverman's and Frings IMO were expected to leave if they weren't in the lineup at the start of the season, Frings is gone and now Koevermans is gone by mid-season.

Detroit_TFC
03-16-2013, 06:17 PM
I don't think Dunfield played worse than usual, there is just more quality around him now and he's not able to contribute at that level.

Ecks performed at a very high level today, incredible work rate.

Dv23
03-16-2013, 06:25 PM
If I'm being honest, with the exception of his play on the second goal, Dunfield performed fairly admirably today. Made some nice passes, a slide or two, and was aggressive in the right way. And Eckersley was far and away our best defender hands down. He was ALL OVER the field, on defence and offence, and held his ground well. Notice that all of the goals came from areas other than his own. I don't know why people are calling him out today. He was probably our best player.