PDA

View Full Version : TFC 2013 general player moves/speculation/etc.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

BuSaPuNk
08-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Roll call for the rollerblade crew we need facts from BMO!

I'm still expecting nothing today. The only thing in the next week is mabey the Defefender signing that's it. I think we've gone past the point of bringing in DP type talent.

At this rate I would expect there big DP signing to be a week or two away from renewal season.

Milanista
08-01-2013, 09:39 AM
[mod mode] No need to call people names (in fact, it's against the board rules). Use my post as an example... I'm joking a little at his expense but not in an unkind manner. [/mod mode] I think it's obvious he doesn't really know Totti, or how good Italian clubs are at keeping aging players fit enough to play, well beyond what their age in Wikipedia would indicate. However, we shouldn't be to hard on him, probably most of us have stuck our foot in our mouths at one point or another. I know I have. :)

My bad, but its ppl who think like him is why TFC has sucked from day 1...that same way of thinking, not fast enough. I think Payne knows what he is doing and he knows he needs more skilled players. But no point in talking about Totti anymore because zero chance he comes to TFC, he will retire in Rome...the new manager has made him the focal point once again

TOBOR !
08-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Hopefully any further adds / building will be done with next year or the year after in mind, rather than this one.

Milanista
08-01-2013, 09:41 AM
I don't care still think totti would be to slow and would not fit with tfc mtl can have him. Lets move on

Ok lets sign some track 100m runners who can play the pump the ball up the field strategy you probably love watching

Wince
08-01-2013, 09:46 AM
We are all friends here cheering for the same team, we should have nothing but respect for eachother.

:iagree:

What he said!

BFin
08-01-2013, 09:47 AM
I'll admit when I'm wrong but not this time. I kniw what I wrote and what I thought no totti please

So you're the guy they warned me about in my logic classes in University.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mFLOzJz0a14/UV4srBj9WWI/AAAAAAAADD4/rfsPFSe8dE4/s400/Grasping+at+Straws.jpg

SoccMan2
08-01-2013, 09:55 AM
The only things I will say are this, let's get the players that this organization thinks will help this team regardless of what country they are from, however, I find it strange that a city with such a big Italian/Canadian population where many love soccer has never had an Italian player from Italy that I can remember. The young loan player from Torino does not count he was Serbian. We have had players from almost every country imaginable it seems but no Italians or even Portugal another big ethnic group in Toronto, therefore, when one is mentioned and someone jumps all over it saying how bad a signing it would be I think it's understandable that you get the reaction one gets.

SoccMan2
08-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Yes "19Barrett19" let that team that is doing so badly in only it's second year in the MLS Montreal have Totti why not we sure can't use someone like that.

TOBOR !
08-01-2013, 10:08 AM
I would caution those who pile on.

It's distasteful and unneccessary.

No value is being added.

Resist the temptation.

Be a better person.

Milanista
08-01-2013, 10:10 AM
The only things I will say are this, let's get the players that this organization thinks will help this team regardless of what country they are from, however, I find it strange that a city with such a big Italian/Canadian population where many love soccer has never had an Italian player from Italy that I can remember. The young loan player from Torino does not count he was Serbian. We have had players from almost every country imaginable it seems but no Italians or even Portugal another big ethnic group in Toronto, therefore, when one is mentioned and someone jumps all over it saying how bad a signing it would be I think it's understandable that you get the reaction one gets.

very true...MTL will lose Nesta after this season, but with their connections to Italy, you can bet another CB from Italy will most likely come...In the end all us fans just want a damn winner!

Fort York Redcoat
08-01-2013, 10:18 AM

Let's try and give the benefit of the doubt here. This organization has celebrated both cultures you referenced just this year so I'm confident they are aware of the population makeup of the area. Isn't it more likely that it's beyond their means to make an enticing offer to get said referenced players here?

England
Spain
Italy

How many players have we had from any of those first leagues? I was impressed we got Rey from Segunda.

69Chevy396
08-01-2013, 10:33 AM
:iagree:

What he said!

It is odd, that I am not the target of derision for once, and I have to agree, having supported Roma for twenty years, I am the first to admit that there have been times where Totti's pace has been a problem. He is a sublime passer, but sometimes he gets into a funk and appears to be sleep walking. Last night he was putting on a show, I think it was for di maio, or for something, cause he was pulling rabbits out every time he touched the ball.....it was hillarious to watch in slow motion the looks on the faces of the MLS players...."how the fuck did he do that?"...well totti has been doing that for 20 years, but not always. And for the guy to took it in the shins here, most of us dont resort to insults, using the term idiot is wrong, but just ignore it.

ag futbol
08-01-2013, 10:38 AM
I assume this signing is held up at league office, but otherwise done.

Would be nice if these things went a little more smoothly. It seems like getting through the league and their process is a real bottleneck.

brad
08-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Let's try and give the benefit of the doubt here. This organization has celebrated both cultures you referenced just this year so I'm confident they are aware of the population makeup of the area. Isn't it more likely that it's beyond their means to make an enticing offer to get said referenced players here?

England
Spain
Italy

How many players have we had from any of those first leagues? I was impressed we got Rey from Segunda.

They have looked at players from Italy in the past, one very highly rated young Italian forward was here on trial a year or two ago, but it never worked out. Folks that follow Italian football would know him.

Personally, I don't think we should be looking at players from any of the big European countries unless it is a DP - tends to be too expensive compared to what you can get down south.

Stress
08-01-2013, 10:42 AM
I assume this signing is held up at league office, but otherwise done.

Would be nice if these things went a little more smoothly. It seems like getting through the league and their process is a real bottleneck.

Well if it's similar to the Rey signing they are probably waiting for Elmer to touch down in Toronto. Sign whatever remaining paper work is necessary and then get him to pose for a photo with the jersey. From a few of the posts above, sounds like he's just packing up and saying his goodbyes so I imagine it will happen soon enough.

69Chevy396
08-01-2013, 10:43 AM

England
Spain
Italy

I think the reference is more to do with the preponderence of players from the English second and third divisions.. I have been clamouring for this for a long time too. Italy has scores of talented Serie B players who would come to MLS rather than play in financially troubled organizations in their home country. But we never got one of those players in seven years.

OgtheDim
08-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Seeing as the game is on Sunday night, I presume the team leaves for Boston Saturday morning. Lots of time.

19Barrett19
08-01-2013, 10:57 AM
We will see where mtl will be in 2 years maybe even next year they can have all the old geezers they can handle totti included . If done right tfc will be young and much better than mtl next year go reds!

v00d00daddy
08-01-2013, 11:05 AM

England
Spain
Italy

How many players from those first leagues are in the entire league?

This is not a league made up of cast offs from the EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, or La Liga.

The internationals from Europe are most often from the lower leagues.

TFC has had 9 players from England. Some from Ireland, Wales and Scotland too.

None from Italy
2 from Spain (including Rey)
1 from Germany (Frings)

Then add all the Canadian players that we've signed that learned their pro game in the UK and it's easy to see that the region of choice (after the US/Canada) for TFC has been the UK.

Even our training/coaching/equipment manger staff has been peppered with people from the UK.

I'm all for making TFC a team built around American and Canadian talent because it's a north american league after all. But when they do decide to venture outside of North America it would have been nice if they didn't stay stuck in the 80's.

Now with Payne I think and hope that it will change. The South and Central American areas seem to be an area of focus for him. I like that. It's an untapped market when it comes to TFC.

I'm also impressed that they're looking at Spain too.

"Celebrating" the cultures is fine but I'm talking about looking to places in the world that produce good footballers. We've ignored obvious areas since year 1. And it wasn't an accident or an oversight. It is deliberate. Always has been in Canada.

The league has parachuted in a man that has a (somewhat) different view on things. Hopefully future signings will show that.

Fort York Redcoat
08-01-2013, 11:07 AM
I think the reference is more to do with the preponderence of players from the English second and third divisions.. I have been clamouring for this for a long time too. Italy has scores of talented Serie B players who would come to MLS rather than play in financially troubled organizations in their home country. But we never got one of those players in seven years.

link? and then for how much? I'm not against it I just don't assume that because we've never had a player from x that they've never scouted x. They may've scouted x but found no one that would come here for value.

CBTFC
08-01-2013, 11:09 AM
We have to know whether to unleash the rollerblade brigade to discover the truth. I'm up on Georgian Bay still for the rest of today, but could easily blade by BMO Field sometime tomorrow when I'm back.

JDMD
08-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Well if it's similar to the Rey signing they are probably waiting for Elmer to touch down in Toronto. Sign whatever remaining paper work is necessary and then get him to pose for a photo with the jersey. From a few of the posts above, sounds like he's just packing up and saying his goodbyes so I imagine it will happen soon enough.

For what it's worth, the only direct flight from Zurich arrives today at 12:55pm...anyone feel like rollerblading out to the airport? :smilewinkgrin:

v00d00daddy
08-01-2013, 11:17 AM
link? and then for how much? I'm not against it I just don't assume that because we've never had a player from x that they've never scouted x. They may've scouted x but found no one that would come here for value.

Serie B is implementing a Salary cap next year with a max salary of 150,000 euros (roughly 200k us).

Not sure about any specific players that would come but we can definitely afford players from the cheaper scale of Serie B.

TFC1154ever
08-01-2013, 11:18 AM
For what it's worth, the only direct flight from Zurich arrives today at 12:55pm...anyone feel like rollerblading out to the airport? :smilewinkgrin:

This joke will go down in the history of TFC. Funny day.

jloome
08-01-2013, 11:18 AM
We've ignored obvious areas since year 1. And it wasn't an accident or an oversight. It is deliberate. .

Amusing notion.

If MLSE has shown anything, it's that it has a very typical corporate mentality, knows next to nothing about football and rarely actually gets involved in the team.

I rank this idea with the notion that governments are riddled with conspiracy-theory level secrets, even though they can't keep quiet about what they had for lunch the day before.

Expecting incompetents to have that kind of direction is silly. MLSE knows very well what Toronto's ethnic makeup is, and if it was involved, it would utilize that info. But it isn't.

Beyond that, we've had seven different coaches. YOu think they all sat down and hatched a scheme one weekend not to hire south Americans or Latinos? Like, say, Amado Guevara?

We have an INCOMPETENT CLUB FULL OF INCOMPETENT PEOPLE. It's not a scheme, a slight, an insult or some sort of closet xenophobia. They're just a bunch of idiots.

Winter bought two players from South America, remember? Both were awful, both were likely recommended to him deliberately to make him look bad as a coahc.

And the only reason this club -- and every club -- has avoided Spain up until now was that it's massively overpriced. Now that several clubs are failing economically and have to fire sale, MLS is getting involved; not to mention the fact that up until the last two or three years, the mere mention of MLS would make the average Spanish first OR second division player have a good laugh.

The new guys might be lying but I don't think so. I don't think we even had a proper scouting setup until this year. All of their players were shopped from connections, not scouting and research, and those connections bled a wealthy-but-stupid team for everything they could.

Oldtimer
08-01-2013, 11:23 AM
None from Italy

This guy would partially disagree... born in England... but of Italian heritage... played a few years in Italy as well as in England.

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/design05/mediaUS/20070714/dichio_205.jpg

ManUtd4ever
08-01-2013, 11:35 AM
To be fair, there hasn't been an influx of talent from Italy throughout MLS in general until Montreal joined the league last season. I just don't think former Serie A players viewed MLS as a viable option until recently. I think there will be an increase moving forward in that regard now that several players have had MLS exposure via Montreal.

TFC07
08-01-2013, 11:44 AM
When does the summer transfer window close?

PopePouri
08-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Stevanovic?

Oldtimer
08-01-2013, 11:51 AM
To be fair, there hasn't been an influx of talent from Italy throughout MLS in general until Montreal joined the league last season. I just don't think former Serie A players viewed MLS as a viable option until recently. I think there will be an increase moving forward in that regard now that several players have had MLS exposure via Montreal.

Actually, until the financial decline in Serie A over the last few years, Italian players tended to stay in Italy. It's quite a recent phenomenon to see as many Italians playing outside the country as we see now.

Montreal will be the proving ground of a new strategy. If it's successful, just like Payne's Latin American recruiting worked well for DC, we will probably see teams trying to copy it by bringing in Italian players. I'm not sure it will work if you just get one player, though, it's really a whole style and culture of play.

Milanista
08-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Actually, until the financial decline in Serie A over the last few years, Italian players tended to stay in Italy. It's quite a recent phenomenon to see as many Italians playing outside the country as we see now.

Montreal will be the proving ground of a new strategy. If it's successful, just like Payne's Latin American recruiting worked well for DC, we will probably see teams trying to copy it by bringing in Italian players. I'm not sure it will work if you just get one player, though, it's really a whole style and culture of play.

Best thing to happen to the naitonal team and youth, teams have focused more on Italian youth and your going to see some real gems coming thru the systems..

Marc"2L"
08-01-2013, 12:03 PM
When does the summer transfer window close?

8 days

v00d00daddy
08-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Amusing notion.

If MLSE has shown anything, it's that it has a very typical corporate mentality, knows next to nothing about football and rarely actually gets involved in the team.

I rank this idea with the notion that governments are riddled with conspiracy-theory level secrets, even though they can't keep quiet about what they had for lunch the day before.

Expecting incompetents to have that kind of direction is silly. MLSE knows very well what Toronto's ethnic makeup is, and if it was involved, it would utilize that info. But it isn't.

I don't care about TFC representing Toronto's ethnic makeup. I care about them seeking out players from parts of the world that produce the best. TFC targeted a specific footballing fan. They chose to make the club desirable based on catering to the needs and wants of a particular crowd rather than putting asses in the seats by fielding a good team. Things seem to be changing, but it's been 7 years.

Beyond that, we've had seven different coaches. YOu think they all sat down and hatched a scheme one weekend not to hire south Americans or Latinos? Like, say, Amado Guevara?

How many of our coaches do you think had free reign to bring in who they wanted? Look at our GM's. Hell....look at our previous coaches "helper". And no, I don't think it's a scheme. It's an inherent mentality. Football in this country has been run for decades by men who share a similar world view on football. That is to say, the "UK" mentality. I'd hoped that it wouldn't happen with TFC but it did.

We have an INCOMPETENT CLUB FULL OF INCOMPETENT PEOPLE. It's not a scheme, a slight, an insult or some sort of closet xenophobia. They're just a bunch of idiots.

Agreed. I don't think it's some over attempt to keep Italian/Portuguese/German/Spanish etc players out of TFC. I think its the result of an antiquated way of looking at football.

Winter bought two players from South America, remember? Both were awful, both were likely recommended to him deliberately to make him look bad as a coahc.

Never considered that it was done deliberately to make him look bad. I just figured it was Mariner picking guys he liked.

And the only reason this club -- and every club -- has avoided Spain up until now was that it's massively overpriced. Now that several clubs are failing economically and have to fire sale, MLS is getting involved; not to mention the fact that up until the last two or three years, the mere mention of MLS would make the average Spanish first OR second division player have a good laugh.

Spain, Italy, Germany and England (at the top levels) are all overpriced. But in the lower leagues there are manageable wages, suitable to MLS. But TFC has only picked from one. Isn't that odd?

The new guys might be lying but I don't think so. I don't think we even had a proper scouting setup until this year. All of their players were shopped from connections, not scouting and research, and those connections bled a wealthy-but-stupid team for everything they could

I would think that merely having Winter and DeKlerk would have been a pretty decent link to Dutch players. They may not have been scouting them personally, but they have plenty of contacts to help them.

v00d00daddy
08-01-2013, 12:08 PM
This guy would partially disagree... born in England... but of Italian heritage... played a few years in Italy as well as in England.

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/design05/mediaUS/20070714/dichio_205.jpg

Absolutely. Forgot about that.

Maybe that's part of why he's the most loved player in our short history? LOL

TFC07
08-01-2013, 12:08 PM
8 days

Thanks.

We got a week left to get our midfielders and strikers.

OgtheDim
08-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Best thing to happen to the naitonal team and youth, teams have focused more on Italian youth and your going to see some real gems coming thru the systems..

IF the CSA and some of its provincial consituents are once again focusing on a specific nationality, then this country's NT teams are doomed. We've done that whole "this nationality plays this way" thing before.

The issue with Canadian youth coaching is

a) Timbits soccer copying the hockey "let them play mantra' with "let them kick the ball around" when kids should from that age being told that passing is a good thing. 40 years of kids clustering around the ball and parents yelling "KICK IT!"

b) far too much emphasis on scoring through brute speed and strength as against passing to get to the goal

Regardless........this is WAY off topic.

69Chevy396
08-01-2013, 12:18 PM

I would still like to see TFC tap the Serie B market. There are so many transfers/loans each year between Serie A and B, leaving many good Serie B players constantly fighting for a job. At the same level as the English second tier leagues, Serie B would be a smart place to scout. And, the nationality question is important. There are so many soccer fans of Italian descent in the GTA, having a few Italian players on the team simply cannot hurt at the gate. I think it is stupid that MLSE has not done this. Insofar as the favouritism towards UK based players go, I could care less if the players were good, but that has not been the case. And recruiting Nelsen may prove to be a stroke of good luck, or merely another example of this ignorance, it all depends on what happens in the next season or two. To this day I cannot understand why he has been given such a pass here. Imagine the Leafs replacing Carlise tomorrow with Tie Domi. Ya, I know, that might be an improvement, but Tie Domi is as experienced as a coach as Nelsen was when he started here.

69Chevy396
08-01-2013, 12:20 PM

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/design05/mediaUS/20070714/dichio_205.jpgAnd, he is regarded as TFCs best player ever, so what exactly is your point?:scarf:

T-boy
08-01-2013, 12:29 PM
This thread is starting to annoy me! Every time there is a new post I think "this is it, a signing is coming", and then I click and its just a load of chat based on gossip and conjecture!

Why don't we just have a "chat" thread rather than filling up this topic with nothing more than idle chit chat? I do like the chit-chat, but really this is the wrong place for it, IMO.

ag futbol
08-01-2013, 12:47 PM
IF the CSA and some of its provincial consituents are once again focusing on a specific nationality, then this country's NT teams are doomed. We've done that whole "this nationality plays this way" thing before.

The issue with Canadian youth coaching is

a) Timbits soccer copying the hockey "let them play mantra' with "let them kick the ball around" when kids should from that age being told that passing is a good thing. 40 years of kids clustering around the ball and parents yelling "KICK IT!"

b) far too much emphasis on scoring through brute speed and strength as against passing to get to the goal

Regardless........this is WAY off topic.
I wouldn't draw the comparison to hockey, I would just call it ignorance. If the amateur levels paid as much attention to skill development as our hockey people do we'd be getting somewhere. We might not be as 'skill focused' as the Europeans when it comes to the ice, but we are by no means slouches or deficient.

The cult of the ignorant still predominates the amateur game in this country and will be hard to kick out. You have nut jobs who believe skills training is basically done by age 10 and we should just run a soccer version of hunger games there after. Have dealt with these idiots first hand and they are googly eyed for athleticism and little else. They can't understand that being the best athlete at the next level simply isn't enough.

West220Side
08-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Request!

Could a moderator change the topic title to "TRANSFER WINDOW: SPECULATION & DISAPPOINTMENT 2013"

Thank you.

Derko
08-01-2013, 12:58 PM

And the finacial decline of Italy and other european countries for that matter, perhaps players and agents will be more willing to negotitae with a somewhat more stable economy. And as jloome quoted, most signings were from connections not real scouting. As I have always stated, it doesn't matter where you come from, but if you do the job and do it well, good.

So any other speculation on players coming in, or are we still going to drift off into the 'Ether' and discuss another topic.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
08-01-2013, 01:03 PM
None from Italy

How quickly everyone forgets the player we had in first year who was three years out from being a Serie B champion with Atalanta:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/519232/alombardo.jpg

*Before everyone gets too mad: he was Atalanta's property in 2006 when they won Serie B, but, yet, he was out on loan (and barely playing) for a Serie C2 squad.

Oldtimer
08-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Request!

Could a moderator change the topic title to "TRANSFER WINDOW: SPECULATION & DISAPPOINTMENT 2013"

Thank you.

I think instead, we'll ask everyone to:

:topic:

Milanista
08-01-2013, 01:42 PM
How quickly everyone forgets the player we had in first year who was three years out from being a Serie B champion with Atalanta:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/519232/alombardo.jpg

lmao ANdrea Lombardo? He is Canadian man, his dad sent him to Italy pulling a few strings but it didn't fly. My soccer team has played his team on many occasions and he is shit

moralis
08-01-2013, 01:43 PM
I think the Max Urruti to TFC move could still happen:

#Newells (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Newells&src=hash) el delantero M. Urruti quedará y libre y tiene una oferta del Toronto FC de Canada pero juega en la MLS.
https://twitter.com/wvasta/status/363005335608360960

Follow:

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=urruti&src=typd

Milanista
08-01-2013, 01:45 PM
He does work hard and can run forever though, but def not gonna amount to anything in soccer. He played a few times at soccer centre money tournaments with a few guys from york, beat us in shootouts :(

Marc"2L"
08-01-2013, 01:48 PM
And, he is regarded as TFCs best player ever, so what exactly is your point?:scarf:
I don't think too many would put him as our "best player ever", certainly the most talisman-like but not the most skilled, and beloved for reasons of our prevailing sporting culture,

first goal AND red card...

Areathrasher
08-01-2013, 01:57 PM
I think the Max Urruti to TFC move could still happen:

#Newells (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Newells&src=hash) el delantero M. Urruti quedará y libre y tiene una oferta del Toronto FC de Canada pero juega en la MLS.
https://twitter.com/wvasta/status/363005335608360960

Follow:

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=urruti&src=typd

I went through the live tweets and google translated some. It appears his agent as bought him out of his contract!!

PopePouri
08-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Yep Urutti has left NOB based on the all the sad faces on twitter. No indication where he's going.

Oldtimer
08-01-2013, 01:59 PM
I went through the live tweets and google translated some. It appears his agent as bought him out of his contract!!

lol, maybe his agent wants him to come here!

jloome
08-01-2013, 02:03 PM
He does work hard and can run forever though, but def not gonna amount to anything in soccer. He played a few times at soccer centre money tournaments with a few guys from york, beat us in shootouts :(

The guy who I thought might have made it if he'd gone over younger was Julian Uccello. He had good numbers in the Italian lower leagues but as often is the case they didn't translate when he got tryouts, I guess.

Areathrasher
08-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Lots of angry Newels fans calling him a mercenary and traitor

A translated tweet from a radio host in Rosario

There was no contractual agreement on improving, his rep pay clause and gets the ball in his possession. USA and Mexico possible target # URRUTI

Marc"2L"
08-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Lots of angry Newels fans calling him a mercenary and traitor

A translated tweet from a radio host in Rosario

There was no contractual agreement on improving, his rep pay clause and gets the ball in his possession. USA and Mexico possible target # URRUTI

One can only hope the agent is the smartest guy amongst their transfer contingent and realizes that they're just being blinded by ignorance about the league.

Red I
08-01-2013, 02:22 PM
One can only hope the agent is the smartest guy amongst their transfer contingent and realizes that they're just being blinded by ignorance about the league.

If definitely means there is an offer out there that was too good to pass up...

OgtheDim
08-01-2013, 02:27 PM
If money is the desire, Mexico is the more likely place I would say.

wzhxvy
08-01-2013, 02:32 PM
So does the agent own his rights now ? :-)

SoccMan2
08-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Ya Andrea Lombardo was and is Canadian sorry does not count in relation to my argument.

greatwhitenorf
08-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Westward, HO!

Clint Dempsey. Early word from the chaps working the HUF-DUF up at Bletchley is that Spurs are have sold him to a MLS side. Doubt it's us.

Red I
08-01-2013, 02:46 PM
If money is the desire, Mexico is the more likely place I would say.

Probably... but maybe not if it's a DP contract, though

dantdot
08-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Clearest tweet I've found.

https://twitter.com/InfoNob11/status/363018524660211714

A very important offer came in for Urruti from the US, Newell's has to respond by tomorrow.

Ivy
08-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Clearest tweet I've found.

https://twitter.com/InfoNob11/status/363018524660211714

A very important offer came in for Urruti from the US, Newell's has to respond by tomorrow.
If his agent bought out the contract, NOB doesn't have a say in where he goes anymore.

markie8002000
08-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Maybe the offer from the US is TFC.....

wzhxvy
08-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Westward, HO!

Clint Dempsey. Early word from the chaps working the HUF-DUF up at Bletchley is that Spurs are have sold him to a MLS side. Doubt it's us.

I would have to think his value is maximized with a US team....but would be happy to have him and he is only 30...my guess LA

Areathrasher
08-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Over the last 90 mins or so its gone from Urrutis agent activating a release clause in his contract and buying him out to the club denying it. Then it's reported that there is an offer from the States for him.

Something looks to be perculating down in Rosario, if it involves TFC remains to been seen at this stage.

He wasn't at/didn't show up to practice today.

I mis-understood the translation. NOB aren't playing a game in Dubai but there might be an offer for Urruti from the Middle East.

Im leaving this google translate stuff alone hahahaha

Richard
08-01-2013, 03:17 PM
This guy must be ridiculously good if there have been so many bids and taking this long. Urruti seems to be in very high demand.

Auzzy
08-01-2013, 03:20 PM
This guy must be ridiculously good if there have been so many bids and taking this long. Urruti seems to be in very high demand.

Either that, or he has a very good agent. Or both.

Red I
08-01-2013, 03:32 PM

It could be that the agent is saying "either take the deal we want or we will buy out the contract and make it happen" - pretty sure a transfer would cover any buyout clause plus future value, so could be playing hardball

markie8002000
08-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Its official Jonas Elmer has signed http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/08/reds-sign-swiss-defender

mikep
08-01-2013, 03:34 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/08/reds-sign-swiss-defender

Jonas Elmer deal is official.

Stress
08-01-2013, 03:35 PM

Lol seems like a photo with the jersey is key for any official announcement.

Marc"2L"
08-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Obligatory shirt holding up photo is satisfactory.
Welcome aboard

OgtheDim
08-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Pronunciation: “Yo-nas El-murr”

So much for the safety elephant Tifo's.

19Barrett19
08-01-2013, 03:43 PM
finally morgan can be benched!

Ultra & Proud
08-01-2013, 03:46 PM
finally morgan can be benched!

I wouldn't go calling him a solid fullback just yet.

Marc"2L"
08-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Love the cut after the "have you talked to Ryan Nelson" question.

Walms
08-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Obligatory shirt holding up photo is satisfactory.
Welcome aboard
He looks happier than Ray!

Greatest Ripoff
08-01-2013, 03:52 PM
The guy who I thought might have made it if he'd gone over younger was Julian Uccello. He had good numbers in the Italian lower leagues but as often is the case they didn't translate when he got tryouts, I guess.

His younger brother Luca is scoring buckets full for the tfc u17 team. And I think he might only by 15 still.

ag futbol
08-01-2013, 03:55 PM
It's the deal that won't die! haha

If we pull through on this one I will be impressed. Lot of non-sense and randomness swirling around this one, making it very difficult to close.

dantdot
08-01-2013, 03:57 PM
He looks happier than Ray!

Rey was just pissed because everyone kept asking him if he was Jimmy Ray.

19Barrett19
08-01-2013, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't go calling him a solid fullback just yet.

people on this forum love to put words into others mouths pffffffff!

Ultra & Proud
08-01-2013, 03:59 PM
It's the deal that won't die! haha

If we pull through on this one I will be impressed. Lot of non-sense and randomness swirling around this one, making it very difficult to close.
I think Argentina may be one of those leagues that just has a ton of BS surrounding it in their dealings. Agents triggering release clauses, double talk, etc.

If we pull it off I will be impressed. I was more looking forward to getting Urruti than Forlan so it would make my day.

Marc"2L"
08-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Rey was just pissed because everyone kept asking him if he was Jimmy Ray.

who wants to know?!

Corpand
08-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Well Elmer sealed and dealed.

Finally, good good acquisition.

reggie
08-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Its official Jonas Elmer has signed http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/08/reds-sign-swiss-defender

well im kinda neutral on this signingg:D

JonO
08-01-2013, 05:23 PM
^ I agree. I wouldn't bank on him being the future at LB just yet ;)

reggie
08-01-2013, 05:32 PM
I was waiting for this signing so long my blatter was about to burst:D

Ivy
08-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Clint Dempsey to TFC. Just saying.

69Chevy396
08-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Todd Dunivant, just lamenting.

Ivy
08-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Todd Dunivant, just lamenting.
Except mine is rumored to be heading to MLS, and was spotted at heathtow today. I win.

Marc"2L"
08-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Except mine is rumored to be heading to MLS, and was spotted at heathtow today. I win.

Seattle

BuSaPuNk
08-01-2013, 06:03 PM
I doubt it. Dempsey wouldn't come here. He's better suited to stay in Europe. Especially if he wants to stay on the USMNT

Ivy
08-01-2013, 06:13 PM
I doubt it. Dempsey wouldn't come here. He's better suited to stay in Europe. Especially if he wants to stay on the USMNT

My source at BMO field said he is there with his agent right now signing something.

Richard
08-01-2013, 06:15 PM
My source at BMO field said he is there with his agent right now signing something.

Haha. This is like the new running joke.

Ivy
08-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Haha. This is like the new running joke.
Yes lol. that got like 7 pages in 2 hours. legendary.

JayMolly
08-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Well Elmer sealed and dealed.

Finally, good good acquisition.

Okay, another defender. What happened to a BIG signing, perhaps a striker?

BuSaPuNk
08-01-2013, 06:32 PM

Quickly all call to the rollerblade patrol!!! Lmao

backbeat
08-01-2013, 06:46 PM

Seattle just renegotiated Joseph off DP status - think that was to make room for Dempsey as their next DP

OgtheDim
08-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Quickly all call to the rollerblade patrol!!! Lmao

Oh do try to keep up.........he's in Georgian Bay.

vince93
08-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Does TFC have any international spots left?

BuSaPuNk
08-01-2013, 06:59 PM
^ then call the bike patrol!!! Who's covering BMO!

And it was sarcasm bud lol.

markie8002000
08-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Newell Boys wants 500K for Urruti http://www.elciudadanoweb.com/newells-futuro-incierto-para-urruti/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ivy
08-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Newell Boys wants 500K for Urruti http://www.elciudadanoweb.com/newells-futuro-incierto-para-urruti/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

thats it?? there have been numbers like 2 million for 70%...

19Barrett19
08-01-2013, 07:12 PM
It would be nice to get these new players who ever they are on paper soon before the roma game for a warm up. Man this is taking long

BuSaPuNk
08-01-2013, 07:18 PM

Surprising if he's out of contract as his agent says he is. Weird situation. If its just 500k I don't understand how this deal wasn't done weeks ago.

miker
08-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Surprising if he's out of contract as his agent says he is. Weird situation. If its just 500k I don't understand how this deal wasn't done weeks ago.
Maybe previous reports are wrong or someone overplayed their hand. In any event, I'm sure he gets picked up soon.

There's so much BS floating around about this stuff. Nothing is worth much until he puts on a new shirt.

hulkrogan
08-01-2013, 07:26 PM

What exactly does the "70%" part mean?

OgtheDim
08-01-2013, 07:29 PM

70% of the sell on.

Ivy
08-01-2013, 08:01 PM
In short it means that a players contract is not always owned 100% by the club that he plays for.
In this situation, for argument sakes, NOB only wants to sell 70% of Urruti's contract to TFC, meaning that TFC will not own the entire contract, and should TFC sell the player in the future, NOB will receive their % from the transfer fee. However these percentages can be owned by teams, agents, corporations, investors, or even the player themselves.
This is a common in South American countries because they often sell players to other countries, and then collect pay cheques when the players become more expensive.
Some leagues prohibit these contract splits. Eg EPL.

T-boy
08-01-2013, 08:26 PM

Athough I don't think Dempsey is coming here, I don't agree that he needs to stay in Europe to stay in the USMNT. I actually don't think it would have any impact at all on his US selection - there are many US players who play in the MLS and that doesn't hurt their selection. If Dempsey came to the MLS it would probably improve their overall planning for the world cup next year, the more players that are together on a regular basis the better for the US.

SKB
08-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Ok, Payne said he wanted 4 signings: Defense, 2 Midfielders and a Striker. So we have the defender and one midfielder. Both good pick ups but not knock your socks off kind of stuff. Both should improve our service into the box from both sides. However, we really need to add some creativity with another mf and a striker is a must. We definitely need a good striker now, but the problem is every club in the world is looking for the young striker. In the short term I think Urritti is still a target. Also with the recent noise on twitter I am now betting they will get Urritti. Let's see what happens in the next 7 days.

69Chevy396
08-01-2013, 08:36 PM
$500k? Thats what mlse pays some leafs players to stay at home

BuSaPuNk
08-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Athough I don't think Dempsey is coming here, I don't agree that he needs to stay in Europe to stay in the USMNT. I actually don't think it would have any impact at all on his US selection - there are many US players who play in the MLS and that doesn't hurt their selection. If Dempsey came to the MLS it would probably improve their overall planning for the world cup next year, the more players that are together on a regular basis the better for the US.

No but the guys that are on there B team are mostly the MLS guys. There going to play the European based players more. There really who there taking to Brazil. Klinnsmann is going to want his top guys to play in a top leauge to get on a good run going into Brazil.

markie8002000
08-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Ok, Payne said he wanted 4 signings: Defense, 2 Midfielders and a Striker. So we have the defender and one midfielder. Both good pick ups but not knock your socks off kind of stuff. Both should improve our service into the box from both sides. However, we really need to add some creativity with another mf and a striker is a must. We definitely need a good striker now, but the problem is every club in the world is looking for the young striker. In the short term I think Urritti is still a target. Also with the recent noise on twitter I am now betting they will get Urritti. Let's see what happens in the next 7 days.

With reguards to Urruti I tweeted the guy who reported this stuff in 1st place I talked to him in spanish... Never got much of an answer but here it is : Toronto is interested in the player. But still belongs to Newells, has a solve continuity / output mainly.

Alonso
08-01-2013, 09:04 PM
With reguards to Urruti I tweeted the guy who reported this stuff in 1st place I talked to him in spanish... Never got much of an answer but here it is : Toronto is interested in the player. But still belongs to Newells, has a solve continuity / output mainly.

Does this mean anything in any language?

This is why the end of civilization is inevitable.

No one can write a proper sentence anymore.

markie8002000
08-01-2013, 09:05 PM
It didn't much sense out of it at all confused really... Only knew we were interested

Alonso
08-01-2013, 09:08 PM
It didn't much sense out of it at all

tim90....

is that you?

... We have an electronic media guide for you!

BuSaPuNk
08-01-2013, 09:16 PM
So apparently Dempsey is on a flight to Seattle. Now is it just me but wouldn't he have to go through the allocation coming back to the US? Does Seattle hold the allocation?

Ivy
08-01-2013, 09:18 PM
So apparently Dempsey is on a flight to Seattle. Now is it just me but wouldn't he have to go through the allocation coming back to the US? Does Seattle hold the allocation?
Portland does. Seattle would trade their space needle if they have to...

BuSaPuNk
08-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Now call me crazy but if this is going down, Portland isn't going to give that pick up period. Doesn't matter what Seattle gives them.

Alonso
08-01-2013, 09:22 PM

Original Ranking
Club
Date Allocation Used
Player Signed
Player Nation
Previous Club
Club Nation
Ref

Toronto FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_FC)

Portland Timbers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_Timbers)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Dagger-14-plain.png

Seattle Sounders FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_FC)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Double-dagger-14-plain.png

New England Revolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Revolution)

Philadelphia Union (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Union)

Colorado Rapids (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Rapids)

FC Dallas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Dallas)

Montreal Impact (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Impact)

Columbus Crew (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Crew)

Vancouver Whitecaps FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Whitecaps_FC)

Chicago Fire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Fire_Soccer_Club)

Real Salt Lake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Salt_Lake)

New York Red Bulls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Red_Bulls)

Sporting Kansas City (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_Kansas_City)

San Jose Earthquakes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose_Earthquakes)

Chivas USA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.D._Chivas_USA)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Dagger-14-plain.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Double-dagger-14-plain.png
July 1, 2013
Carlos Bocanegra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Bocanegra)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a4/Flag_of_the_United_States.svg/23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States)
Rangers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_F.C.)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_Scotland.svg/23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland)
[1] (http://www.cdchivasusa.com/news/2013/07/chivas-usa-sign-us-mens-national-team-captain-carlos-bocanegra)

D.C. United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.C._United)
February 20, 2013
Carlos Ruiz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Ruiz_(Guatemalan_footballer))
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ec/Flag_of_Guatemala.svg/23px-Flag_of_Guatemala.svg.png Guatemala (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guatemala)
Municipal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.S.D._Municipal)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ec/Flag_of_Guatemala.svg/23px-Flag_of_Guatemala.svg.png Guatemala (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guatemala)
[2] (http://www.dcunited.com/news/2013/02/dc-united-selects-guatemalan-international-carlos-ruiz-via-the-mls-allocation-process)

Houston Dynamo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Dynamo)

Los Angeles Galaxy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Galaxy)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Dagger-14-plain.pngChivas USA originally had the No. 2 ranking and Portland the No. 3 ranking, but the teams traded rankings on December 12, 2012.[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Major_League_Soccer_season#cite_note-8)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Double-dagger-14-plain.pngChivas USA traded the No. 3 ranking to Seattle Sounders FC in the Shalrie Joseph trade on February 19, 2013. It was also reported that Seattle sent the No. 15 allocation ranking to Chivas USA as part of the deal, although Seattle appeared to have owned the No. 16 selection and not the No. 15 selection.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Major_League_Soccer_season#cite_note-9)

I think this means that we still have the first Rank.... but I thought we traded it for allocation for Chivas to get Bocanegra....

It's only Wiki, so not a great source unless you are Mariner.

dantdot
08-01-2013, 09:24 PM
tim90....

is that you?

... We have an electronic media guide for you!

can you doune me attacking DP

BuSaPuNk
08-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Nope we traded it to Chivas. Portland has it lmao no way they trade Seattle

Original Ranking
Club
Date Allocation Used
Player Signed
Player Nation
Previous Club
Club Nation
Ref

Toronto FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_FC)

Portland Timbers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_Timbers)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Dagger-14-plain.png

Seattle Sounders FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_FC)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Double-dagger-14-plain.png

New England Revolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Revolution)

Philadelphia Union (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Union)

Colorado Rapids (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Rapids)

FC Dallas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Dallas)

Montreal Impact (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Impact)

Columbus Crew (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Crew)

Vancouver Whitecaps FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Whitecaps_FC)

Chicago Fire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Fire_Soccer_Club)

Real Salt Lake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Salt_Lake)

New York Red Bulls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Red_Bulls)

Sporting Kansas City (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_Kansas_City)

San Jose Earthquakes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose_Earthquakes)

Chivas USA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.D._Chivas_USA)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Dagger-14-plain.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Double-dagger-14-plain.png
July 1, 2013
Carlos Bocanegra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Bocanegra)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a4/Flag_of_the_United_States.svg/23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States)
Rangers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_F.C.)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_Scotland.svg/23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland)
[1] (http://www.cdchivasusa.com/news/2013/07/chivas-usa-sign-us-mens-national-team-captain-carlos-bocanegra)

D.C. United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.C._United)
February 20, 2013
Carlos Ruiz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Ruiz_(Guatemalan_footballer))
Municipal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.S.D._Municipal)
[2] (http://www.dcunited.com/news/2013/02/dc-united-selects-guatemalan-international-carlos-ruiz-via-the-mls-allocation-process)

Houston Dynamo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Dynamo)

Los Angeles Galaxy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Galaxy)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Dagger-14-plain.pngChivas USA originally had the No. 2 ranking and Portland the No. 3 ranking, but the teams traded rankings on December 12, 2012.[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Major_League_Soccer_season#cite_note-8)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Double-dagger-14-plain.pngChivas USA traded the No. 3 ranking to Seattle Sounders FC in the Shalrie Joseph trade on February 19, 2013. It was also reported that Seattle sent the No. 15 allocation ranking to Chivas USA as part of the deal, although Seattle appeared to have owned the No. 16 selection and not the No. 15 selection.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Major_League_Soccer_season#cite_note-9)

I think this means that we still have the first Rank.... but I thought we traded it for allocation for Chivas to get Bocanegra....

It's only Wiki, so not a great source unless you are Mariner.

Alonso
08-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Nope we traded it to Chivas. Portland has it lmao no way they trade Seattle

My comments got lost in the article...

Basically I was saying that Wiki seems to be wrong.

Yeah Portland seems to have pole position at the moment.

BuSaPuNk
08-01-2013, 09:34 PM
I doubt it happens anyways. 7 million contract at Spurs. Seattle would have to pay probably 10-15 million transfer fee.

Alonso
08-01-2013, 09:37 PM
can you doune me attacking DP

g:D

Cheers! :drinking:

ag futbol
08-01-2013, 09:40 PM
So million dollar question: this squad, as is, where would it finish with a full year of MLS play?

In other words, have we improved yet?

OgtheDim
08-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Drew Carey would have to actually go back to work if they want Dempsey.

Alonso
08-01-2013, 09:48 PM
So million dollar question: this squad, as is, where would it finish with a full year of MLS play?

I think our plumbers have improved.

I don't think we have improved our 3-4 stars that will make this team tick... maybe Laba can be considered 1 of the 4 stars that we need.

Koevermans and Earnshaw could certainly be considered piece 2 and 3, but they aren't playing and don't seem likely to rekindle their previous form at this point.

IF... we get these two guys healthy, and we sign 2 creative attacking guys in the midfield and striker positions then we might consider ourselves improved.

Basically in my opinion we have improved our salary structure and the plumbers on our team which are the guys who really make or break an MLS team but who can't carry one into the playoffs or reach any sustained level of success.

This team as is would finish 7-8 in the east. ( it's really hard to say though since we have Brockie for a loan and he is a key cog at the moment)

ag futbol
08-01-2013, 09:54 PM
I just get the feeling we can do better than Brockie. Nothing against the guy, mabye he'll break out with some more experience, but I'm just a little underwhelmed.

Alonso
08-01-2013, 10:04 PM
I just get the feeling we can do better than Brockie. Nothing against the guy, mabye he'll break out with some more experience, but I'm just a little underwhelmed.

Yeah we could do better than Brockie... but we aren't. And when he leaves, and if Koevs or Earnshaw aren't ready, we will suck even more.

Marc"2L"
08-01-2013, 10:08 PM
It was mentioned by the first person who brought up the whole thing about Dempsey, that these types of deals aren't affected by silly things like rules.

Ivy
08-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Go to sleep friends, tomorrow TFC will announce Urruti

mowe
08-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Biggest holes on the team are at striker and attacking mid. Koef is gone for sure next year and probably Earnshaw too unless he starts scoring some goals. We desperately need some quality up front. That's why I'm very interested to see who Payne is targeting as DPs because we need two quality forwards.

Alonso
08-01-2013, 10:13 PM

I love your misplaced enthusiasm!

@ I feel like we are long lost kin.

dantdot
08-01-2013, 10:15 PM

In some alternate universe, Urruti and Forlan meet eyes with a suspicious rollerblader outside BMO after signing their contracts.

Richard
08-01-2013, 10:21 PM
I think its safe to say we have another 8 more days of pressing F5.

http://ontd-startrek.wikispaces.com/file/view/f5.gif/120155093/f5.gif

ag futbol
08-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Yeah we could do better than Brockie... but we aren't. And when he leaves, and if Koevs or Earnshaw aren't ready, we will suck even more.
But that's right now suck, I am concerned about future suck :)

barticusz
08-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Just listened to Elmer's interview on tfc.ca. Like the sound of this guy.. defender first but loves to push forward on the attack and get crosses in. Looking forward to the competition this will bring to our l and r backs.

khso11
08-02-2013, 03:59 AM
Im sure that KP and RN would not waste a international spot for a random player, I've pure confidence on this guy (Elmer). Hopefully he can play on Sunday.

Wince
08-02-2013, 07:02 AM
Lol seems like a photo with the jersey is key for any official announcement.

They learned their lesson with the Ben Haim debacle.

TOBOR !
08-02-2013, 07:08 AM
I think its safe to say we have another 8 more days of pressing F5.

http://ontd-startrek.wikispaces.com/file/view/f5.gif/120155093/f5.gif

awesome - 'sweater weather' has just come on the radio and this gif is synched perfectly with the beat.

gdg_9
08-02-2013, 07:45 AM
well im kinda neutral on this signingg:D

I just got this! haha... well done!

(I guess I was kind of slow yesterday!)

PopePouri
08-02-2013, 09:17 AM
ELANTIFUTBOL @ elantiteinforma (https://twitter.com/elantiteinforma)23m (https://twitter.com/elantiteinforma/status/363295536960376832)
NIULS ATTENTION: Maxi surprisingly Urruti decided to leave the club and was signed by Toronto FC of Canada

Take it as it is. The guy has around 420 followers so may be legit.

Nuvinho
08-02-2013, 09:25 AM
ELANTIFUTBOL @ elantiteinforma (https://twitter.com/elantiteinforma)23m (https://twitter.com/elantiteinforma/status/363295536960376832)
NIULS ATTENTION: Maxi surprisingly Urruti decided to leave the club and was signed by Toronto FC of Canada

maybe is he is on 420

v00d00daddy
08-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Do you guys know if Urruti would be a DP?

Pint
08-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Best guess is he would take up a young DP spot for the rest of this year and next year.

evermorian
08-02-2013, 09:40 AM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000140122692/c004fa077daa8e4fc15bc42d97997722_normal.jpegOBS | ~xREDx~ ‏@xRED_SOULx (https://twitter.com/xRED_SOULx)51s (https://twitter.com/xRED_SOULx/status/363306952505720832)
Soooo #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) has a big announcement at 12pm. Hmmmm #FGC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FGC&src=hash)

Expand (https://twitter.com/xRED_SOULx/status/363306952505720832)

wonder what this is about? Urrutti signed?

Milanista
08-02-2013, 09:57 AM
how good is this guy? never heard of him

barticusz
08-02-2013, 09:59 AM
This OBS guy is a gamer.. I don't think the TFC he's talking about is our TFC.

Ultra & Proud
08-02-2013, 10:00 AM

No idea really other than he was approached by us, Pumas, River Plate, and Milan from what I heard. We offered the most $$$ and probably the most guaranteed playing time, if he (or his savvy agent) picked us out. If all these good teams wanted him then he must have something going for him. Before we got Laba I never heard of him either though.

Milanista
08-02-2013, 10:05 AM
If he was approached by Milan im sure i would of heard of him, i am a Milan nut job.

KRO
08-02-2013, 10:06 AM
This OBS guy is a gamer.. I don't think the TFC he's talking about is our TFC.
He's probably talking about Team Fortress Classic.

ManUtd4ever
08-02-2013, 10:07 AM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000140122692/c004fa077daa8e4fc15bc42d97997722_normal.jpegOBS | ~xREDx~ ‏@xRED_SOULx (https://twitter.com/xRED_SOULx)51s (https://twitter.com/xRED_SOULx/status/363306952505720832)
Soooo #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) has a big announcement at 12pm. Hmmmm #FGC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FGC&src=hash)

Expand (https://twitter.com/xRED_SOULx/status/363306952505720832)

wonder what this is about? Urrutti signed?
She's probably referring to The Filipino Channel... g:D

jloome
08-02-2013, 10:10 AM

Very talented young striker. He's like Montero in that he's really good at finding open space for a good look, but he's also taller and decent in the air. He requires service more often than not , but is usually in the right place at the right time. Quite quick, too.

jloome
08-02-2013, 10:11 AM
No idea really other than he was approached by us, Pumas, River Plate, and Milan from what I heard. We offered the most $$$ and probably the most guaranteed playing time, if he (or his savvy agent) picked us out. If all these good teams wanted him then he must have something going for him. Before we got Laba I never heard of him either though.

I believe it was Valencia, Levante and Palermo.

Ivy
08-02-2013, 10:21 AM
She's probably referring to The Filipino Channel... g:D
Lmfao I just spit out coffee all over my shirt.

Corpand
08-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Lmfao I just spit out coffee all over my shirt.

Oh god that was good. Looked at her twitter to confirm and found this on there. Now I can't stop laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqYAyBNk16A#at=44
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqYAyBNk16A#at=44)
Anyways, I would think the club would set some preliminary media stations if there was an imminent signing. Or they are just holding back on the reveal.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
08-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Oh god that was good. Looked at her twitter to confirm and found this on there. Now I can't stop laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqYAyBNk16A#at=44

Ohhhh that's soo good, except as I'm watching it and feeling the natural contempt for the idiots in the crowd, I realize that you could substitute TFC for some televangelist and I'm one of the idiots. FML. Where's that noon announcement? Praise the lord.

mcolvy
08-02-2013, 10:41 AM
If all the rumours are true and come full circle this window then our team looks a bit more dangerous.

Really.

Eckersley-Caldwell-Henry-Elmer
------------Laba-Osorio
Rey---------------------------Convey
------------Urruti--_____----------

I mean I would like to find A secondary striker that plays in behind Urruti, but thats probably the spot the speculation revolves around regarding a new DP this winter.
Koevs =gone. Ecks will probably leave over contract disputes. We may need a new RB this winter.. I would overpay and grab Myers from SKC. He is just coming into his own as a fullback and is very attack minded.
You have Hall and Russell who are ever able bodied depth guys.
I wouldnt mind keeping Earnshaw on the same money Braun is on for another year and have him as a 3rd striker to come in for a spark in close games.
He is always so positive and I am sure he is a huge part of keeping such a young team's morale up. Earnshaw as your third striker is pretty good. Ideally we would have a homegrown (like the galaxy have.. like 3..) goalscorer who we could slowly work into the team. I do think we need a NA born striker or two to work into the fold.
Convey, as much of an a$$hole he sounds like time and time again, is a quality piece. He is good on the ball while also working hard on defense. We have a solid north american player in our lap and I think we need to keep him. He might not want to stay in Canada tho.

Im satisfied. Not overly excited. Not overly worried. Just I can node my head and see that they are trying to do something the right way.

jloome
08-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Convey, as much of an a$$hole he sounds like time and time again, is a quality piece.

As someone with Asperger's I find it interesting every time I see him interviewed; one of the issues Aspies have is an inability to read facial expressions as accurately as other people, as well as a lack of tact born of intellect and the arrogance that often comes with it. I get the sense after watching him for years that Convey is a very serious, sober guy and, like someone with Asperger's, comes off as a dick as a result to almost everyone around him.

Frank Yallop apparently called him a locker-room curse in San Jose even as he was starting him. But what's seen as "negative" is often just critically analytical and detached.

ManUtd4ever
08-02-2013, 11:09 AM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 16m (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/363325783588089857) I wouldn't read too much into these Urruti rumours. #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash)

dantdot
08-02-2013, 11:15 AM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 16m (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/363325783588089857) I wouldn't read too much into these Urruti rumours. #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash)

Unless he spoke to somebody at the club about it. He knows as much as any of us.

mcolvy
08-02-2013, 11:20 AM
TFC is keeping the media in the dark. Hes just one of us.

flatpicker
08-02-2013, 11:22 AM
I don't know why I keep checking this thread.
It's like a bad drug.

Derko
08-02-2013, 11:25 AM
TFC is keeping the media in the dark. Hes just one of us.

About Fookin' time, good to hear.

jabbronies
08-02-2013, 11:29 AM

This isn't a team that will be dangerous. It's a competent, salary cap friendly team full of players that can play the game and thier positions properly.

So yea IMO they have improved, but only to the point of not making shit head mistakes. They won't dazzle us on the regular, but some of the kids should show moments of brilliance here and there.
Should finish the season strong and shouldn't be a bottom dweller. I won't say playoffs though. They'll be close, but not that close.

hulkrogan
08-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Did anyone happen to catch The Filipino Channel at 12pm to see if they did indeed announce the signing of Urruti to their Team Fortress Classic squad?

T-boy
08-02-2013, 11:45 AM
This isn't a team that will be dangerous. It's a competent, salary cap friendly team full of players that can play the game and thier positions properly.

So yea IMO they have improved, but only to the point of not making shit head mistakes. They won't dazzle us on the regular, but some of the kids should show moments of brilliance here and there.
Should finish the season strong and shouldn't be a bottom dweller. I won't say playoffs though. They'll be close, but not that close.

Just look at Colorado two seasons ago - they proved you dont have the "dazzle" to win this league. You just need a team of competent MLS level players and a guy who can put the ball in the net on a semi-regular basis. You don't HAVE to have the LA or NY star players to win this league.

Red I
08-02-2013, 11:55 AM
... apparently Newell's is fining Urruti for missing practice

Detroit_TFC
08-02-2013, 11:57 AM
I don't know why I keep checking this thread.
It's like a bad drug.

yep. I keep on getting Urruti flashbacks. Starting to feel like the opening scene of Apocalypse Now up in here.

TFC07
Just look at Colorado two seasons ago - they proved you dont have the "dazzle" to win this league. You just need a team of competent MLS level players and a guy who can put the ball in the net on a semi-regular basis. You don't HAVE to have the LA or NY star players to win this league.

How many times have Colorado won MLS cup compare to L.A? You can win with star power in this league. TFC should look at LAG as an example instead of small market team.

wzhxvy
practice ? Are we talking about practice ?

OgtheDim
08-02-2013, 12:04 PM

Only slightly less messy then reading the entrails of a sacrificed gopher.

Pint
08-02-2013, 12:16 PM
@JohnMolinaro: Talked to Payne. Days they hope to sign 2 attacking players by next week. Going to pursue Urruti but no guarantee. #TFC

Red I
08-02-2013, 12:17 PM

The tweeter stated their source was Clarin; Argentinian newspaper -

http://www.clarin.com/deportes/reforzo-mejor_0_967103420.html

"La sorpresa ayer fue la partida de Maximiliano Urruti, quien iba a ser titular, al Toronto F.C. de Canadá. "

shwade
08-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Ugh and by next week they'll hope to sign some players by the following week. And then the following window...and then we're in year 10 still going nowhere.
;(
Pardon the dejection.

ag futbol
08-02-2013, 12:29 PM
How many times have Colorado won MLS cup compare to L.A? You can win with star power in this league. TFC should look at LAG as an example instead of small market team.
Colorado over achieved with a mostly shit team and then abruptly fell apart. They subsequently blew up their management team and tried to get with the program the rest of the league was moving towards.

I'm not sure they serve as an example of anything, other than if you play the way they used to your luck will eventually run out.

Ivy
08-02-2013, 12:30 PM
@JohnMolinaro: Talked to Payne. Days they hope to sign 2 attacking players by next week. Going to pursue Urruti but no guarantee. #TFC
They're doing a good job keeping the #2 striker on the hush hush.

jabbronies
08-02-2013, 12:31 PM

yup, agreed. Consistent play can win you a cup.
We are just soooo far behind in the standings right, it would take an epic run of "W's to just get us into the playoffs.

Again - strong finish to the season, but don't expect playoffs.

BuSaPuNk
08-02-2013, 12:43 PM
We are just soooo far behind in the standings right, it would take an epic run of "W's to just get us into the playoffs.

The only advantage is all of our remaining games are against the teams were chasing. It's in our own hands. It would be a miracle comeback (not going to happen) but it's always a possibility.

Wolves_On_Tour
08-02-2013, 12:46 PM
PLAYOFFS!?
http://a.espncdn.com/espnradiostations/i/losangeles/images/insanity/playoffs250.jpg

Ultra & Proud
08-02-2013, 12:46 PM

At this point I don't care about the playoffs because I didn't expect it anyway. I would like us to finish in our previous shit levels of points pre-Winter/Mariner era (34-39 pts) and if we can somehow get 40+ and set a franchise record then that'd be a bonus.

Richard
08-02-2013, 01:00 PM
PLAYOFFS!?
http://a.espncdn.com/espnradiostations/i/losangeles/images/insanity/playoffs250.jpg

I love that guy, If you're feeling down on TFC just watch this guy.

Ivy
08-02-2013, 01:01 PM
@JohnMolinaro: Payne: "We have 2 international spots & we have ways to create international spots. The plan is to add two more international players." #TFC
Could someone explain to me how?

Richard
08-02-2013, 01:03 PM
How what? 2-2=0. If you are talking about creating, well probably someone's getting waived or special league privilege.

Wolves_On_Tour
08-02-2013, 01:05 PM
:canada:Citizenship for all!:canada:

69Chevy396
08-02-2013, 01:07 PM
The only advantage is all of our remaining games are against the teams were chasing. It's in our own hands. It would be a miracle comeback (not going to happen) but it's always a possibility.

This team, regarded as the worst in MLS history, which has not won more than a handful of games in each of the past couple seasons, has to win 11 of their remaining 14 games just to make the playoffs. I would bet against this. In fact, for those of you who believe the team will be much better next year (and, believe it or not, I am one of those), it would be preferable if they simply lost as they normally do, because that will ensure another season of cheap seats for the season ticket holders......if they pull of a near miracle you will all be paying for it in much higher 2014 ticket prices...MLSE never loses an opportunity to empty your wallet when they have your interest.

TFC07
@JohnMolinaro: Payne: "We have 2 international spots & we have ways to create international spots. The plan is to add two more international players." #TFC
Could someone explain to me how?

Trades for international spots or trading one of our international players (Lambe?).

ArmenJBX
Via John Molinaro:

"Me: Urruti signed by next week? Payne: "Yeah, we hope so. It’s possible. There’s a possibility he could end being a player in Toronto." #TFC"

"Payne on Urutti: "Our opinion of him has never wavered. We think he’ll be an outstanding player in MLS. We’re pursing that diligently." #TFC"

dantdot
08-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Ton of Molinaro stuff with Payne, too much to post. Including talk of wanting a partial roof.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

Mr. Bigby
08-02-2013, 01:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Super
08-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Ton of Molinaro stuff with Payne, too much to post. Including talk of wanting a partial roof.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

Payne just won a bit more respect from me by saying that. Nice to know he understands the importance of improving the atmosphere.

Richard
08-02-2013, 01:13 PM
@JohnMolinaro: Payne says #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) has had preliminary talks with Wellington about signing Brockie full-time, but if it happens it likely won';t be until 2014.

pdogg
08-02-2013, 01:15 PM
^^ It's a lost season anyways - let him go back, get his game back in shape and come back here a year more experienced.

TFC07
08-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Brockie will come with transfer fee which will hurt our cap space unless we can get him for free. To be honest, he hasn't been impressive at all. We can get better international players.

notthesun
08-02-2013, 01:19 PM
If Payne can sign Urruti my confidence in him will soar. And I'll be officially petty pleased with the Silva trade, assuming of course Urruti doesn't completely flop.

Urruti, Laba, Osorio, Caldwell and Bendik is a pretty good core to build around.

TFC07
08-02-2013, 01:20 PM
If Payne can sign Urruti my confidence in him will soar. And I'll be officially petty pleased with the Silva trade, assuming of course Urruti doesn't completely flop.

Urruti, Laba, Osorio, Caldwell and Bendik is a pretty good core to build around.

Caldwell is an old man. He probably be on decline by end of next year. I think there will more better signings in the future. Young and talented kids with upside to build a core with our current young players.

ag futbol
08-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Payne just won a bit more respect from me by saying that. Nice to know he understands the importance of improving the atmosphere.
I would be surprised if that was about atmosphere, more likely it's about creating better prawn seats. BMO, as is, doesn't serve that segment of the market very well at all and I'm sure that bothers them.

miker
08-02-2013, 01:21 PM

I hope we can add Rey and Elmer to that list.

TFC07
08-02-2013, 01:22 PM
I hope we can add Rey and Elmer to that list.

Don't forget about Ecks, Henry and Agboss as well.

OgtheDim
08-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Caldwell is an old man. He probably be on decline by end of next year...

:nonod:

He's 32. That's prime playing years for a CD. He's core for the next 2 seasons.

Dreadlocks
08-02-2013, 01:27 PM

I would include Henry in the core also. As mentioned, Caldwell is getting long in the tooth so Henry should be the one who takes over the back 4 leader role.

miker
08-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Don't forget about Ecks, Henry and Agboss as well.

Ecks is tricky because of his contract but, if we get that settled around, he's someone I expect to improve a lot as the team gets better. I really wish he'd work on that cross, though! I don't know Agboss well enough, but I'd love to see Henry thrive.

Marc"2L"
08-02-2013, 01:33 PM

Nothing to it, but enough to ask Payne about it.

Ultra & Proud
08-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Caldwell is an old man. He probably be on decline by end of next year. I think there will more better signings in the future. Young and talented kids with upside to build a core with our current young players.

He has 2 good years left in him for sure (the length of his contract) and hopefully by then Agboss & Henry will be ready to do the job in tandem full time. Then we are set at CB for 5+ years post-Caldwell.

Thomas
08-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Caldwell is a great addition to our club. He is currently playing very well. If we can get a couple of good years out of him, then that is great

jabbronies
08-02-2013, 01:42 PM
He has 2 good years left in him for sure (the length of his contract) and hopefully by then Agboss & Henry will be ready to do the job in tandem full time. Then we are set at CB for 5+ years post-Caldwell.

This is what I'm hoping for. 2 would be asking for the stars though.
At least have one of these guys ready full time and possibly another CB signing over this period.

Super
08-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Kristian Jack ‏@KristianJack (https://twitter.com/KristianJack)1m (https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/363369905149968384)
Multiple sources tell me Toronto FC are working very hard to land Argentine Maximiliano Moralez from Atalanta to be their next DP. #tfc (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23tfc&src=hash)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximiliano_Moralez

TFC07
08-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Kristian Jack ‏@KristianJack (https://twitter.com/KristianJack)1m (https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/363369905149968384)
Multiple sources tell me Toronto FC are working very hard to land Argentine Maximiliano Moralez from Atalanta to be their next DP. #tfc (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23tfc&src=hash)

DP signing? Wow, I guess signing big name was too much a task. I guess we will have to wait next year after World Cup to get our big name DP that Tim Leiweke wants.

ManUtd4ever
08-02-2013, 01:54 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximiliano_Moralez Very impressive pedigree, and he's only 26. I hope it happens...

PopePouri
08-02-2013, 01:55 PM
DP signing? Wow, I guess signing big name was too much a task. I guess we will have to wait next year after World Cup to get our big name DP that Tim Leiweke wants.

Big name or not, that would be fucking fantastic signing.

Edit: Oh wait, he plays in Italy. Fancy that.

Super
08-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Maximiliano Moralez and Maximiliano Urruti would make for a great offense. Turning to the MAX!

Tezza
08-02-2013, 02:05 PM
too small for a physical league like this. garbage

Stress
08-02-2013, 02:06 PM
5ft 3in!! should be interesting to see how he adapts if it comes through. I like this type of signing as opposed to a Forlan type player.

Haddy
08-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Very impressive pedigree, and he's only 26. I hope it happens...

And he's played at BMO before at the U20. Interesting. We'll see.

PopePouri
08-02-2013, 02:09 PM

I didn't know Mariner posted here.

MartinUtd
08-02-2013, 02:09 PM

Yeah, remember how bad Amando Guevara was? :facepalm:

OgtheDim
08-02-2013, 02:10 PM
At least he's been in the country before. Gosh there were a lot of good players here in 2007 for that tourney.

TOBOR !
08-02-2013, 02:11 PM

This guy was 5'5"

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/maradona-diego-maradona-506060_773_1034.jpg

well, he probably still is...

Areathrasher
Laba, Moralez, Urruti - The Three Amigos!!

Getting ahead of myself here but it would be cool!

Tezza
yeah I do. I remember sucking with him also.

Stress
08-02-2013, 02:14 PM
MLS Transfers‏@MLSTransfers7m (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/MLSTransfers/status/363374280798908416)TFC after Moralez? My god, he would CRUSH MLS. No doubt about it. Talented as hell. Argentina cap in 2011.

haha dude running this twitter feed seems to think highly of him.

MartinUtd
I remember sucking with him also.

hehe

I can be so immature sometimes

Ivy
How what? 2-2=0. If you are talking about creating, well probably someone's getting waived or special league privilege.
Ecks, Caldwell, Elmer, Lambe, Laba, Earnshaw, Koef, Brockie, Rey, Frei... And that's without the imaginary 2 new strikers.

ag futbol
08-02-2013, 02:15 PM
David Ferreira is only two inches taller, with nowhere near the pedigree or pace of this guy. Pretty sure he'll be fine if he's got it.

He does well in Series A and they are much more athletically capable there than in MLS. We might be a physical league, but the physical capabilities of our players is nowhere near a world class level.

khso11
08-02-2013, 02:15 PM
F5 time coming up

TOBOR !
08-02-2013, 02:16 PM
yeah I do. I remember sucking with him also.

TMI.

Ultra & Proud
08-02-2013, 02:17 PM
F5 time coming up

Need a new keyboard. This one's F5 button is worn out.

OgtheDim
08-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Ecks, Caldwell, Elmer, Lambe, Laba, Earnshaw, Koef, Brockie, Rey, Frei... And that's without the imaginary 2 new strikers.

Frei is not an int.

Brockie leaves the last week of August and his loan can be finished at any time.

Lambe ...yes its a cap hit but his int spot is worth more. Waive him.

Tezza
08-02-2013, 02:22 PM
TMI.

ya..too much to ask to get maturity out of this board. knew there was a reason I stayed away.

enjoy your mini-team. both in stature and results.

TFC07
David Ferreira is only two inches taller, with nowhere near the pedigree or pace of this guy. Pretty sure he'll be fine if he's got it.

He does well in Series A and they are much more athletically capable there than in MLS. We might be a physical league, but the physical capabilities of our players is nowhere near a world class level.

So this will be great signing for us? Nice! Just looking at his stats, he didn't play much last season (injury?), but season before that, he scored 6 league goals and had 5 league assists in 34 league games.

Ivy
Any further posts about Moralez should be deleted immediately. Let the deal go down in complete silence without media leaks... Please....

miker
08-02-2013, 02:25 PM
At least he's been in the country before. Gosh there were a lot of good players here in 2007 for that tourney.

Moralez was one of the stars for Argentina; second best behind Aguero. That team had Di Maria, too. Chile had some amazing players. Dos Santos for Mexico - had a blast watching them annihilate the North York Astros up at the corner of Bathurst and Finch. Great players to be sure!

v00d00daddy
08-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Frei is not an int.

Brockie leaves the last week of August and his loan can be finished at any time.

From the Molinaro article in Today's news

Payne also confirmed that TFC has had preliminary conversations with Australian A-League team Wellington Phoenix about midfielder Jeremy Brockie, currently on loan with the Reds, about signing him to a full-time deal.
Payne said that if any long-term deal with Brockie, who still have two years left on his contract with Wellington, likely wouldn’t happen until next year.

v00d00daddy
08-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Not trying to be negative about him because I know very little about him but where is all this "great pedigree" talk coming from?

Damien
08-02-2013, 02:27 PM
If this signing doesn't happen I think it's safe to say the Front Office is just name dropping to generate buzz around the team.

TOBOR !
08-02-2013, 02:27 PM
ya..too much to ask to get maturity out of this board. knew there was a reason I stayed away.

http://jumbossellout.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/kleenex.jpg ?

Wolves_On_Tour
08-02-2013, 02:29 PM

WOW.
Hey Tobor, don't you dare try and have fun! #Sarcasm

Tezza, it's post's like that that tend to keep me away. Nothing wrong with having a laugh.

Areathrasher
08-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Not trying to be negative about him because I know very little about him but where is all this "great pedigree" talk coming from?

Argentine u20 international. Top player at U20 world cup alongside Aguero.
Capped once by Argentina.
Good goal scoring record
Atalanta paid $8million for 50% of his rights.

MLS Transfers ‏@MLSTransfers 2m (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/MLSTransfers/status/363380139079380992) Moralez has better speed than Donovan and better passer than Morales. Thinking the transfer fee would be through the roof. Maybe $5 $6 mill

dantdot
08-02-2013, 02:30 PM
If this signing doesn't happen I think it's safe to say the Front Office is just name dropping to generate buzz around the team.

Honestly, this is what it seems like right now. No reason for this name to get out.

Ivy
08-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Frei is not an int.

I get that, but Payne said they currently have 2 spots, and can create more.

McBrace
08-02-2013, 02:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

khso11
08-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Need a new keyboard. This one's F5 button is worn out.

lol, same!

Fort York Redcoat
08-02-2013, 02:40 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3wfgQQdi1BEYCJmKDFLOCLoKaCGZAg HizJhKnfaHOBiNdy23l

thanks for stopping by...

http://fit2belive.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/stand-the-heat.jpg

khso11
08-02-2013, 02:47 PM
thanks for stopping by...

http://fit2belive.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/stand-the-heat.jpg

well said!

MartinUtd
08-02-2013, 02:52 PM
I know, lets pick some more absurd reasons why players linked to us are bad... all without having seen them play.

TIL you need to be tall and run fast to be a creative attacking midfielder. If Moralez is indeed a player that's ready to sign with us, then great! I'd much rather have someone with his profile than a superstar who's got one eye on retirement and the other on his bank account.

Pigfynn
08-02-2013, 02:56 PM
I know, lets pick some more absurd reasons why players linked to us are bad... all without having seen them play.

TIL you need to be tall and run fast to be a creative attacking midfielder. If Moralez is indeed a player that's ready to sign with us, then great! I'd much rather have someone with his profile than a superstar who's got one eye on retirement and the other on his bank account.
YUP!

ginkster88
08-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Moralez was excellent in the 2007 tournament. I watched him play twice, including the final, and he was constantly involved in the midfield. Quite the player, stature aside. Head and shoulders technically above the MLS, with quickness to burn. Hard to knock a guy off the ball if you can't find him!

khso11
08-02-2013, 03:03 PM
An exclusive PM scouting report!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDYvRqCC9oU

and when he scored at BMO in 2007 (go to 9:23)

http://youtu.be/lQa_zmMFkBU?t=9m23s