PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post - Game 2: Sporting Kansas City at TFC, Sat 9 Mar, 130pm

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
03-04-2013, 11:52 AM
The false 'home' opener, but let's go Reds!

Though it will be a tough task against a Sporting KC side that won away 3-1 at Philly.

Hopefully Cesar and Silva gets match fit. If not, the deficiencies at DM is going to kill TFC.

I'd like to see

------------Bendik
-Eckersley-Califf-O'Dea-A.Morgan
----------Cesar
-----------------Bekker
Lambe------Silva------Ephraim
------------Earnshaw

Subs
Roberts
Agboussoumonde
Hall
Osorio
Dunfield
Welshman
T.Morgan

-The back 4 did well enough that no real tinkering needed
-Need Cesar, who knows SKC well. Bekker needs to play two way role well
-Lambe did well enough to deserve another start

PopePouri
03-04-2013, 11:58 AM

Though it will be a tough task against a Sporting KC side that won away 3-1 at Philly.

Hopefully Cesar and Silva gets match fit. If not, the deficiencies at DM is going to kill TFC.

I'd like to see

------------Bendik
----------Cesar
-----------------Bekker
------------Earnshaw

Subs
Roberts
Agboussoumonde
Hall
Osorio
Dunfield
Welshman
T.Morgan

Good lineup. I agree with Bekker. His composure on the ball is outstanding and he should be in the middle of the park. Silva is probably a better offensive player anyways.

Pint
03-04-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm going to go with optimish entering this game:

New players will want to show the home crowd what they can do: 2-2 with earnshaw and bekker getting the goals

* any word on Bostock?

ManUtd4ever
03-04-2013, 12:19 PM

I'd like to see

------------Bendik
----------Cesar
-----------------Bekker
------------Earnshaw

Subs
Roberts
Agboussoumonde
Hall
Osorio
Dunfield
Welshman
T.Morgan

I fully endorse this starting lineup. Fairly solid throughout.

Fingers crossed regarding Silva and Cesar...

ensco
03-04-2013, 12:29 PM
If Cesar, Bekker and Silva can all play, I'd try the Xmas tree, with Lambe and Ephraim flanking Cesar. Based on what I saw, I think Bekker should be an AM, not a CM.

tfcleeds
03-04-2013, 12:33 PM
SKC did look a bit shaky starting out against Philly. If we can apply some pressure early on and have the same kind of possession that we did against Vancouver in the first half, who knows, might be able to get something out of this match. Oh yeah, and having a healthy Silva and Cesar will be key as well.

GlenM
03-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Pre game meet up at Gretzky's @ 11 AM.

GlenM

Dreadlocks
03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
As much as I liked Bekker's play, as a rookie he may be better off on the bench but still getting into most games as a sub.

Yohan
03-04-2013, 01:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLF1VQzt_NQ

SKC vs Philly highlights, for scouting purposes...

Oldtimer
03-04-2013, 02:24 PM

GlenM

Not an official RPB meetup (yet, at least).

Members-only discussion on where to meet here: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?33623-Sporting-KC-Pre-Game&p=1562467#post1562467

olo114
03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Are you guys going to post where the meet up is, i loved the atmosphere last year at crocodile rock...

gdg_9
03-04-2013, 03:57 PM

GlenM

Not an official RPB meetup (yet, at least).

Members-only discussion on where to meet here: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?33623-Sporting-KC-Pre-Game&p=1562467#post1562467

Are you guys going to post where the meet up is, i loved the atmosphere last year at crocodile rock...

TFC just sent out an email to SSH talking about a March to Skydome starting at Maple Leaf Square at 12:15.

Does this mean Pre-Game Meetup at RealSports?
Are RPB doing this? Or doing their own thing separately?

notthesun
03-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Agree with the lineup in the OP, but I'd start Welshman over Lambe. Lambe was once again indifferent in his influence on the game. I'd give Welshman 65 minutes to see what he can do.

Also, Bennett on the bench instead of T. Morgan. Nothing against Morgan, I just want to see if Bennett can make an impact with his speed up top in the final 10 minutes against tired legs. I have a feeling Bennett may be better suited to a subsitute's role than Morgan.

Bekker in CM is the key here. If Nelsen can teach him to play the box to box role well, our creativity will improve immensely. Having Silva and Bekker linking up through the middle can do wonders for our attack, it's vital we get them both on the field at the same time. Bekker just needs to be aware he doesn't push up too far. If he can adapt well to the role we'll have Roger Espinoza 2.0 on our hands.

I'm calling a 1-1 draw. Earnshaw scores.

Joe Kool
03-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Does anyone know what sections in the Dome we will be allowed to have flags in? I want to bring.

Ajax TFC
03-04-2013, 05:32 PM
If the players who were out on Saturday are still out, I want to see this lineup:
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/03/657483_Toronto_FC.jpg

I think Lambe should be better in the hole where he's harder to pick up than on the wing. It will allow Bekker to move back to CM where he belongs, and he'll have three highly mobile AMs to play the ball to.

If Russel isn't good enough to replace Dunfield and Hall, than he shouldn't be on the squad. Since he is on the squad, I will assume that he is capable of being a starting DM.

Another reason why we need Bekker at CM is that SKC is a high pressure team. If we play players who can't deal with pressure like Hall and Dunfield, we're completely screwed.

Kaz
03-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic about Saturday. SKC seemed to get it's goals almost solely from significant errors from Philly. And honestly Philly was unlucky if Le Toux get the back of the net it could have easily been the reverse score. (based on the highlights anyway)

I think TFC, if they can find some forward form, and they don't get dominated in the midfield, has a real chance to pull points on Saturday.

themodelcitizen
03-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Hopefully Nelsen uses all 3 subs this time. Might as well give Agbossoumonde some game time, Califf really started to slow down in the 2nd half last time out.

burlington Red
03-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Agree with the lineup in the OP, but I'd start Welshman over Lambe. Lambe was once again indifferent in his influence on the game. I'd give Welshman 65 minutes to see what he can do.

Also, Bennett on the bench instead of T. Morgan. Nothing against Morgan, I just want to see if Bennett can make an impact with his speed up top in the final 10 minutes against tired legs. I have a feeling Bennett may be better suited to a subsitute's role than Morgan.

Bekker in CM is the key here. If Nelsen can teach him to play the box to box role well, our creativity will improve immensely. Having Silva and Bekker linking up through the middle can do wonders for our attack, it's vital we get them both on the field at the same time. Bekker just needs to be aware he doesn't push up too far. If he can adapt well to the role we'll have Roger Espinoza 2.0 on our hands.

I'm calling a 1-1 draw. Earnshaw scores.

Not so sure about Bekker playing box to box role. I haven't seen a lot of him to be honest but what I have, I reckon his best role is an attacking mid role

Pint
03-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Not so sure about Bekker playing box to box role. I haven't seen a lot of him to be honest but what I have, I reckon his best role is an attacking mid role

I would tend to agree... keep him in an attacking role now and use Ceasar, russel, and dunfield as the DM's;

notthesun
03-04-2013, 11:44 PM

I'm not dead set on having him as a box to box, but I'd like to see us try it out (if Silva is fit). There were times Saturday when I thought he could've either passed or ran the ball forward into space, but seemed a little reluctant and settled for holding possession. I just wonder if he might be more of a distributor in central midfield, who can push up and finish the odd chance when it appears. It would give us the ability to start Silva and him week in and week out, rather than swapping between them.

If I'm not mistaken he was deployed as a typical central midfielder in the national team friendlies against Denmark and the U.S. and seemed to do pretty well.

brad
03-05-2013, 08:03 AM
What I think we will see:

------------Bendik
----------Cesar
-----------------Russell
------------Earnshaw

Bekker in place of Silva if he is still injured, and Dunfield in place of Cesar if he is still injured. Experience in the middle of the park for this one I think (although Russells lack of familiarity and MLS experience is a question mark)

I could also see this happening - coaches seem to rate Dunfield, and he will be more fit than Cesar.

------------Bendik
----------Russell
-----------------Dunfield
------------Earnshaw

I also would not be surprised to see Dunfield - Cesar in the middle due to having more time train together and both having MLS experience.

Earnshaw and Ephraim will have had time to shake the jetlag and travel fatigue, but still a long way to go to integrate with the team.

Initial B
03-05-2013, 10:03 AM
I think you guys are being optimistic. SKC is a level above Vancouver with Zusi moving through our backline at will and Collin mugging our forwards. I forsee a 3-0 TFC loss on Saturday.

OgtheDim
03-05-2013, 12:31 PM
I didn't see anybody moving through our back line at will last week, even when we had no idea how to get possession back in the second half. Not sure why Zusi should be any different, if we remain organized.

Oldtimer
03-05-2013, 12:44 PM
TFC just sent out an email to SSH talking about a March to Skydome starting at Maple Leaf Square at 12:15.

Plan now official: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?33642-TFC-vs-SKC-Pre-game-meetup!!!

Yohan
03-05-2013, 12:54 PM
I didn't see anybody moving through our back line at will last week, even when we had no idea how to get possession back in the second half. Not sure why Zusi should be any different, if we remain organized.
it's not just Zusi. it's also Feilhaber and Rosell who can also make a pass.

Although SKC struggled a bit in 1st half of their game vs Philly, it's going to be even tougher, high pressure football from SKC who is way better organized than Vancouver

mastermixer
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm sure there is a logical reason, and probably has been discussed behind the scenes, but wouldn't it be best for both TFC and RPB (and other groups) to march together to make it more massive?

tfcleeds
03-05-2013, 01:02 PM
^Isn't that the plan? I can't speak for other SGs as to what they're doing, but I think Simcoe Park is meant to be the rallying point since not everyone will be at Gretzky's.

Fort York Redcoat
03-05-2013, 01:09 PM

I'm sure there is a logical reason, and probably has been discussed behind the scenes, but wouldn't it be best for both TFC and RPB (and other groups) to march together to make it more massive?

^Isn't that the plan? I can't speak for other SGs as to what they're doing, but I think Simcoe Park is meant to be the rallying point since not everyone will be at Gretzky's.

Lads this is how it went last year and will continue to be.

The club will do one thing and the SGs another. There's definitely room for 2 March's.

All are welcome both but some feel "more welcome" at a club sponsored event or a supporters "get together".

Variety- The spice of life.

Gretzky's at 11am
Simcoe Park 12:30 for the march!

Carts
03-05-2013, 01:12 PM

FFS - here I thought it was 'table-salt'... :(

Gazza
03-05-2013, 01:12 PM
I cashed in my RRSP's so i can afford a pint or two at Gretzky's. False Home Opener is finally here!!

Yohan
03-05-2013, 01:13 PM
the TFC FO organized march for LA game last yr was so... meh

Yohan
03-05-2013, 01:16 PM

The club will do one thing and the SGs another. There's definitely room for 2 March's.

All are welcome both but some feel "more welcome" at a club sponsored event or a supporters "get together".

Gretzky's at 11am
does other supporters groups know about this?

Fort York Redcoat
03-05-2013, 01:18 PM
does other supporters groups know about this?

Yup. Everybody got the invite. Glad it was proffered. The more the merrier on this!

ag futbol
03-05-2013, 01:29 PM
I think you guys are being optimistic. SKC is a level above Vancouver with Zusi moving through our backline at will and Collin mugging our forwards. I forsee a 3-0 TFC loss on Saturday.
Not that SKC isn't a good team but there's still a reasonable measure of central tendency with this league and a lot to be said for home field advantage. SKC gradually took over that game as time wore on, but with a little bit more of potent finishing, it easy could have been 3-0 Philly at half, they weren't without opportunity.

Think the most likely outcome will be a 1-1 tie. I'd base that on what little we saw from last week in Vancouver and some of our players getting closer to full fitness. We won't generate as many chances as Phily did last week, but we won't be broken down so easily either.

DangerRed
03-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Philly had some really atrocious defending on goals 1 and 2, and 1 and 3 were nearly identical, with defence pulled out of position (but more worryingly for Philly) and ball watching.

With that said, KC has one of the best teams in the league and their position last year reflects that fact. If we get a point out of this, I'll be happy. A win will be a huge and uplifting upset.

spark
03-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Not that SKC isn't a good team but there's still a reasonable measure of central tendency with this league and a lot to be said for home field advantage. SKC gradually took over that game as time wore on, but with a little bit more of potent finishing, it easy could have been 3-0 Philly at half, they weren't without opportunity.

Think the most likely outcome will be a 1-1 tie. I'd base that on what little we saw from last week in Vancouver and some of our players getting closer to full fitness. We won't generate as many chances as Phily did last week, but we won't be broken down so easily either.

I think this is pretty fair. Right now I don't see us scoring more than one goal, and even getting that goal is a big challenge right now, but like you said home field should hopefully bring something. KC still don't have the deadly finisher up top, but are balanced all the way through, our D IMO is better and if disciplined in the mid should limit chances. It also depends on who is playing though - right now without Silva I don't think we have anyone creative enough to set up anything from open play so that would factor into it as well.

Yohan
03-06-2013, 11:13 AM
I think this is pretty fair. Right now I don't see us scoring more than one goal, and even getting that goal is a big challenge right now, but like you said home field should hopefully bring something. KC still don't have the deadly finisher up top, but are balanced all the way through, our D IMO is better and if disciplined in the mid should limit chances. It also depends on who is playing though - right now without Silva I don't think we have anyone creative enough to set up anything from open play so that would factor into it as well.
KC has Claudio Bieler. Scored buckets of goals for Quito. Scored one vs Philly last weekend. Add in Sarpong...

Yohan
03-06-2013, 11:21 AM
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/05/toronto-fc-continues-to-re-tool-ahead-of-sporting-kc

Silva, Frei, Cesar close to being match fit, according to Larson...

spark
03-06-2013, 11:47 AM
KC has Claudio Bieler. Scored buckets of goals for Quito. Scored one vs Philly last weekend. Add in Sarpong...

Fair enough but Philly's defenders/defence was pretty absent on the last two goals, Bieler's especially. He's only been consistent w Quito but not in tougher leagues which is what I would think would be a better measure for how well he'll do here. But it's only game one so we'll see!

Ultra & Proud
03-06-2013, 11:47 AM
No way we lose 3-0 to KC. Even last year when we were utter shite the worst we did against them was 2-0 away. We should have drawn with them here as well if not for our usual let down.

The 1-1 score prediction seems feasible. Two teams playing similar pressing styles who are playing on an unfamiliar plastic pitch will nullify a lot of possession and probably lead to plenty of sloppiness in the middle of the park. Home field gives us the edge to score a goal.

jloome
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
KC are tough. Their midfield wins every loose ball, can hold up the ball, can pass, can shoot.

Seriously, anyone thinks we're evenly matched with them is forgetting that our best holding midfielder is the guy they chose to shed for cap reasons.

If we get a point out of this it will be well earned.

Super
03-06-2013, 01:28 PM
At least the KC supporters seem to feel that we're bad, but not Chivas bad:
http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/sporting-kc-at-toronto-3-9-12-30pm-p-i-p-r.1983559/

Consensus is that anything other than a KC win in Toronto will be massively disappointing.

Yohan
03-06-2013, 04:50 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/03/06/pro-releases-mls-referee-assignments-week-2-march-9-10

Referee assignments for week 2. Looks like TFC-SKC match is getting a n00b (at least, I haven't heard of him before)

Gilberto9
03-06-2013, 04:56 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/03/06/pro-releases-mls-referee-assignments-week-2-march-9-10

Referee assignments for week 2. Looks like TFC-SKC match is getting a n00b (at least, I haven't heard of him before)

He refereed NYRB vs Toronto. The 4-1 match.

Yohan
03-06-2013, 05:49 PM
If you have the time, watch this video of Robb Heinemann of SKC talks about how Sporting Kansas City became a success in 3 yrs. They started off with 450 season ticket holders to one of the successful franchises in MLS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LL4RJURgsug#!

This is best business oriented soccer talk I've ever heard. Everything he says makes sense, and the results are evident in KC

ag futbol
03-06-2013, 06:18 PM
He refereed NYRB vs Toronto. The 4-1 match.
Looks like he was on the crew but not the main guy. Probably a good thing too, Jair Marrufo was a hair away from completely letting that match go off the rails. Decisions were fine but he didn't calm the players down and assert his authority enough, things were starting to get out of control at points.

Yohan
03-06-2013, 09:37 PM
SKC manager Peter Vermes on Toronto game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD1HKM48nYs&feature=youtu.be

Expected SKC lineup

---------------Nielsen
-Myers--Besler--Collin--Sinovic
------Nagamura----Rosell
--------------Feilhaber
Zusi----------------------Convey
--------------Bieler

khso11
03-06-2013, 09:58 PM
so according to Rachel's "six in 60" there will be a special presentation at the beginning, i wonder what is it? Another firework presentation?

gdg_9
03-06-2013, 10:23 PM
so according to Rachel's "six in 60" there will be a special presentation at the beginning, i wonder what is it? Another firework presentation?

I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that there was going to be a Frings tribute.
Could that be it?

Pint
03-06-2013, 10:28 PM
I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that there was going to be a Frings tribute.
Could that be it?

Could be but I would prefer that be at BMO... doesn't feel right being away from home

jazzy
03-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Nagamura is such a jerk always whining and I'll never forget when he wanted out of Toronto,..cause he didn't like us.....own goal curse.

khso11
03-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Could be but I would prefer that be at BMO... doesn't feel right being away from home

i agree, but they probably want a "bigger" (40000) crowd to say good bye?

khso11
03-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Nagamura is such a jerk always whining and I'll never forget when he wanted out of Toronto,..cause he didn't like us.....own goal curse.

well, then this is why he deserve a few more "boos" on saturday

justin
03-07-2013, 12:58 AM
i agree, but they probably want a "bigger" (40000) crowd to say good bye?

that and I'm sure he'd rather be back in Germany working for Werder Bremen then sitting around in Toronto waiting for the BMO opener.

notthesun
03-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Seen some tweets saying TFC officials are expecting around 26 000 for the game.

khso11
03-07-2013, 01:33 AM
Seen some tweets saying TFC officials are expecting around 26 000 for the game.

guess my expectations was too high :facepalm:

marquis
03-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Got 3 tickets yesterday over the phone. The rep told me they already sold 30K.

19Barrett19
03-07-2013, 10:16 PM
I got 2 tix for sec 131 oh yeah! Loud and proud boys and gals

TFC1154ever
03-08-2013, 03:42 AM
What are the supporter sections at the rogers centre? I got my 4 tickets, just trying to differ between the 2 sets.

Oldtimer
03-08-2013, 06:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLF1VQzt_NQ

SKC vs Philly highlights, for scouting purposes...

Thanks for this. Interesting, all 3 KC goals came about due to serious defensive breakdowns, something I don't expect a Nelsen-coached TFC to do.

19Barrett19
03-08-2013, 10:47 AM
What are the supporter sections at the rogers centre? I got my 4 tickets, just trying to differ between the 2 sets.

The supporters will be sitting on the south side of RCenter they will be facing windows restutante. I was there last year sitting right across them and they looks like something out of europe . Awesome experience . Cant wait till tomorrow

JavierMartini
03-08-2013, 10:55 AM

Gretzky's at 11am

Variety of sg's too why BMO field will never be like Portland , Seattle sect.

Fort York Redcoat
03-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Right but these 2 events aren't splitting SG's. Quite the opposite. Everyone's invited so have a rabbit.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VDiXpW5X4F0/T0BWSi4gN_I/AAAAAAAAB_c/fTGzF3vEVDY/s400/rabbit_pancake.jpg

Stress
03-08-2013, 11:54 AM
so with Bostock now official and Silva likely not passing the fitness test, I assume we'll see something close to this:

-----------Bendik
----------Cesar
-----------------Hall/Dunfield
Lambe------Bostock------Ephraim
------------Earnshaw

or maybe not...

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN Look for a potential new shape tomorrow, with Ephraim sliding inside under Earnshaw a possibility. #TFC (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) #SportingKC (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/search?q=%23SportingKC&src=hash)

Yohan
03-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Is Cesar matchfit? Haven't heard any news on that

tfcleeds
03-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Or if Silva is fit, maybe he'll get the start.

Stress
03-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Is Cesar matchfit? Haven't heard any news on that

Sounds like he's training with the first team and Larson says it looks like he's eligible for selection at the very least.

Stress
03-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Or if Silva is fit, maybe he'll get the start.

Sounds like he's training off to the side today so I'd be very surprised if they risked him. Likely a sub at most. With Bekker and now Bostock, will be interesting to see how they use these 3 guys.

Greatest Ripoff
03-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Does Bostock have his ITC yet?

Initial B
03-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Why do I get the feeling that Nelson isn't going to push any players this week so he can hit Montreal with both barrels next week...

Commie Red
03-08-2013, 01:14 PM

well, then this is why he deserve a few more "boos" on saturday

Let's not forget (#37) Jacob Peterson's classy tweet as he left Toronto: "Officially moved out of Toronto. 5 hr flight back west now. cya Canada. you made my affinity for America even stronger..."

tfcleeds
03-08-2013, 01:40 PM
^Oh, I certainly haven't forgotten about Jacob Peterson. Too bad he's on the disabled list, would have been nice to give him a nice "welcome"....he and Bunbury both, come to think of it.

notthesun
03-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Alright, so with Bostock signed and likely starting tomorrow, here's what I'd try:

Bendik
Morgan---Califf---O'Dea---Eckersley
Bekker---Julio Cesar
Lambe---Bostock---Ephraim
Earnshaw

This is assuming Silva is still unfit (seems to be the case) and Julio Cesar is back (also seems to be the case). Bostock should be good to go since he's been on trial and with the team for a while, we just need his ITC.

I really want to see how Bekker does at DM, I really hope Nelsen gives it a shot. We now have three CAMs in the team who could all theoretically be starters in that position. It would be a waste to only get one of them out on the pitch at a time. If Bekker can effectively slide back to DM and be more of a distributor, we can start either Silva or Bostock, with the other being a real impact sub to bring on when we need a goal. Not to mention our passing out of midfield becomes much better by replacing Dunfield with Bekker.

maninb
03-08-2013, 03:12 PM
"If Russel isn't good enough to replace Dunfield and Hall, than he shouldn't be on the squad."!!!!!!

Abso-farkin-lutely.......I will stick with my previous prediction......Anytime Hall & Dunfield start WE WILL LOSE......quite simple...

ag futbol
03-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Sounds like he's training off to the side today so I'd be very surprised if they risked him. Likely a sub at most. With Bekker and now Bostock, will be interesting to see how they use these 3 guys.
They are probably a little scared of the skydome turf. Probably going to be annoying but we might not see him in action until the LA game

JuliquE
03-08-2013, 04:12 PM
If you have the time, watch this video of Robb Heinemann of SKC talks about how Sporting Kansas City became a success in 3 yrs. They started off with 450 season ticket holders to one of the successful franchises in MLS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LL4RJURgsug#!

This is best business oriented soccer talk I've ever heard. Everything he says makes sense, and the results are evident in KC
I wanted to thank you for this video post, as I found it quite interesting. My lurking tendencies pushed me to leave it for someone else to thank you for it.. but, seeing as, days later, that hasn't happened, here I am; 'preciate it.

ag futbol
03-08-2013, 04:52 PM
I wanted to thank you for this video post, as I found it quite interesting. My lurking tendencies pushed me to leave it for someone else to thank you for it.. but, seeing as, days later, that hasn't happened, here I am; 'preciate it.
haha, I will +1 that as well. I watched a fair amount of it.

We'll see how much Sporting KC sticks to this articulated vision over the long run. But the good news is he clearly has a business model that has more ways to make money than simply raising prices.

TFC1154ever
03-08-2013, 06:43 PM
The supporters will be sitting on the south side of RCenter they will be facing windows restutante. I was there last year sitting right across them and they looks like something out of europe . Awesome experience . Cant wait till tomorrow

So i got 2 tickets in 111, and 2 tickets in 127. im guessing the 127 ones are supporter section seats?

Thomas
03-08-2013, 06:56 PM
I am really looking forward to the match, and I plan on having a good time. Best of luck to the boys in Red.

reggie
03-08-2013, 07:29 PM
"If Russel isn't good enough to replace Dunfield and Hall, than he shouldn't be on the squad."!!!!!!

Abso-farkin-lutely.......I will stick with my previous prediction......Anytime Hall & Dunfield start WE WILL LOSE......quite simple...

im with u...why would they sign him if he is not good enough,i rather play JBB instead of hall or dunny...lets jus win the fkkking game.

jazzy
03-08-2013, 07:49 PM
^Oh, I certainly haven't forgotten about Jacob Peterson. Too bad he's on the disabled list, would have been nice to give him a nice "welcome"....he and Bunbury both, come to think of it.

they are adding up to a team of pr's......thanx needed that although it will be a tough early on we will soon be a tough go and kick some ass with character anyway.

jloome
03-08-2013, 09:58 PM
im with u...why would they sign him if he is not good enough,i rather play JBB instead of hall or dunny...lets jus win the fkkking game.

I'm afeared, mighty afeared o' the Hall/Dunfield midfield.

Here's what I' dlike to see, but likely wont'

--------------Bendik-------------
Ecks---O'Dea--------Califf---Morgan
---------Cesar------------------
-------------------Bekker-----------
----------Bostock---------------------
---Lambe-----------Ephraim---------
-------------Earnshaw-----------------

Ajax TFC
03-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Apparently Bekker was out of training for a few days this week puking and shitting his guts out. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't start

notthesun
03-08-2013, 10:16 PM
I think we have a shot at a draw if our DM pairing includes Julio Cesar or Bekker, preferably both. If one of Hall or Dunfield is in there, we'll be in tough, and if it's both, we're gonna lose.

Ajax TFC
03-08-2013, 10:28 PM
If Bekker, Silva, and Cesar all get match fit in time, I would really love to see this lineup.
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/03/660506_Toronto_FC.jpg

Petor
03-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Apparently Bekker was out of training for a few days this week puking and shitting his guts out. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't start

I just got over that earlier this week, it only lasts for a couple of days but you are totaly drained for another day after that.

sashavukelich
03-09-2013, 12:19 AM
^^^ Well that and he's a professional athlete. I'm sure they've got him on medical electrolyte/protein supplements just like Nelly said they did.

HuTor
03-09-2013, 04:50 AM
Overnight betting lines at 5Dimes.com:

Sporting Kansas City +134
Toronto +230
Draw +235

OVER 2.5 +113
UNDER 2.5 -128

TFC is a considerably smaller underdog than it was last week with the Shitecaps (they had -136 and TFC +424), but still SKC is considered way more probable to get the win. Also the books are going again with the probability of a low scoreline (the Under 2.5 was -126 last week).

Time to go against the most probable odds (those were the winners last week) and make some cash betting TFC /Draw and the OVER?

gracos
03-09-2013, 06:54 AM
Western Conference

#
Club
PTS
GP
PPG
W
L
T
GF
GA
GD
HG
HGD
RG
RGD

LA Galaxy

Real Salt Lake

FC Dallas

Vancouver Whitecaps

Portland Timbers

Colorado Rapids

Seattle Sounders FC

San Jose Earthquakes

Chivas USA

Eastern Conference

#
Club
PTS
GP
PPG
W
L
T
GF
GA
GD
HG
HGD
RG
RGD

Columbus Crew

Sporting Kansas City

Houston Dynamo

Montreal Impact

New York Red Bulls

New England Revolution

Toronto FC

Philadelphia Union

DC United

Chicago Fire

andmat
03-09-2013, 07:10 AM
6 more Hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OgtheDim
03-09-2013, 07:24 AM
And the False 9 is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ouderwien
03-09-2013, 09:30 AM
If there are any other unfortunate souls stuck in Windsor, I'll be watching the game at 'The Manchester'.

CBTFC
03-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Just cracked my first pre-game buzz beer, and gonna chill on my friend's patio in the sun on queen west.

3 hours till kickoff...TFC!

Gazza
03-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Seems like a great day to open the roof.

Walms
03-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Im thinking we see the same result as we did last year in the Dome, 2-2, TFC take early lead then fall behind to set up the last min drama!

Jeff s
03-09-2013, 10:41 AM
I really want to see Osario get a start. I thought he was the most impressive player in the whole preseason. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't at least come off the bench.

khso11
03-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Seems like a great day to open the roof.

haha, i wonder what the reaction of the people would be if they open the roof

Carts
03-09-2013, 11:17 AM
We're playing a good club, we're in roster 'shift' mode... If we get the first goal of the match, to erupt in celebration, that'll be a nice treat for the occasion...

If we end up losing 3-1, it sucks, I'll be disappointed, but I'd rather get that first goal and have some fun today at least...

Ajax TFC
03-09-2013, 11:25 AM
I thought he was the most impressive player in the whole preseason.
That doesn't really mean much. Last year we didn't even sign the most impressive player in our preseason

ManUtd4ever
03-09-2013, 11:27 AM
We've got some quality on our side now. SKC is a top MLS club and our players need time to gel, but there's no reason we can't earn a result today on home soil err artificial turf.

JavierMartini
03-09-2013, 11:35 AM
anyone know of some streams?

Ajax TFC
03-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Larson's projected XI:
Bendik
Eckersley - Califf - O'Dea - Morgan
Hall - Bekker
Lambe - Bostock - Ephraim
Earnshaw

T-boy
03-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Bendick, Ecks, Califf, O'Dae, Morgan, Bostock, Dunfield, Hall, Lambe, Ephraim, Earnshaw is your starting line up.

Ajax TFC
03-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Ephraim is the second striker with Bostock starting on the right in a 4-4-2

daner90
03-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Hall in the starting XI = :puke::puke:

He should enjoy it while he can. Once Cesar and Bekker are 100% again he will ride the pine.

Plain and simple we win today :drum::drum::drum:

notthesun
03-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Hall and Dunfield... fuck.

Bostock on the right could work, he's left footed and will look to cut inside. Same goes for Lambe on the left, he'll look to cut inside on his right. Maybe he can actually do something positive from that side.

But our center midfield... seriously, not good. Absolutely kills our ability to pass through the middle. We needed one of Julio Cesar or Bekker in there.

HuTor
03-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Plain and simple we win today :drum::drum::drum:

I would say the essential condition to have a chance to a win is to not start both Dunfield and Hall.

mcolvy
03-09-2013, 01:06 PM
I would say the essential condition to have a chance to a win is to not start both Dunfield and Hall.

Where the heck is Cesar....

Island Man
03-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Where the heck is Cesar....

Injured, should be back next game.

Dunkers
03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
anyone know of some streams?

Any luck on a stream?

Kaz
03-09-2013, 01:15 PM
so sad was right there today, but I had my tripod and just didn't want to have to stash it.. so gonna have to find stream... walked along side Rachel a bit today (as in we were walking to the same place and I was very close by)... kept wanting to ask her if she knows that since she started the team has sucked worse then ever... but thought that might be mean.. :)

HuTor
03-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Injured, should be back next game.

Fuck, there will never ever happen to TFC to start with the best possible team, always there will be 1-2 important players injured.

Island Man
03-09-2013, 01:17 PM
firstrowpsorts will have a stream.

HuTor
03-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Any luck on a stream?

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/173870/1/watch-toronto-fc-vs-sporting-kansas-city.html

http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/158753_toronto_kansas_city/ (http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/173870/1/watch-toronto-fc-vs-sporting-kansas-city.html)

razor787
03-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Why the need for a stream? The game will be on TSN, which has a free preview (for all those with basic cable) everyone with a tv should be able to watch.

Island Man
03-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Why the need for a stream? The game will be on TSN, which has a free preview (for all those with basic cable) everyone with a tv should be able to watch.

Unless you're in England like me ;)

Batman
03-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Howdy guys.

HuTor
03-09-2013, 01:25 PM

Not everybody lives in Canada, or not even the US...

JavierMartini
03-09-2013, 01:25 PM

that is quite an assumption no?

HuTor
03-09-2013, 01:28 PM
that is quite an assumption no?

Lol...
I have a TV, I got about 80 channels... ...but I'm about 7000 km far from Toronto right now (not always that far though, lol...)

JavierMartini
03-09-2013, 01:38 PM
less than half full, thats what you get with a ridiculous pricing point..... mlse will just never learn.

__wowza
03-09-2013, 01:39 PM
REPORTING IN FROM FRANCE.
IVE BEEN DRINKING SINCE 1 AND IM STAYING IN ON A SATURDAY NIGHT, WE'D BETTER FUCKIN DO SOMETHING.

http://i.imm.io/YKag.png

Richard
03-09-2013, 01:39 PM
EDit: ^ LOL

Dunfield and Hall? Why? Someone explain.

__wowza
03-09-2013, 01:40 PM
who was in charge of that kiwi crossing sign? major respect for that one.

Oldtimer
03-09-2013, 01:40 PM
At the match with some usec guys, decent atmosphere.

__wowza
03-09-2013, 01:41 PM
jesus christ, what's the attendance down there?

Kaz
Goallllllll

Ajax TFC
Earnshaw with the frontflip!!!!!!

Redcoe15
gooooooooooalllllll!!!!!

Oldtimer
Goal! The place erupts!

jloome
03-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Lol...
I have a TV, I got about 80 channels... ...but I'm about 7000 km far from Toronto right now (not always that far though, lol...)

Get a virtual private network subscription. $4 a month and you can log in from anywhere in the world.

That Earnshaw goal is all high pressure, whic we rarely have tried in the past (even though it works for every decent team in the league).

daner90
great start!!!

JoeyB
Is that an Argos crowd? Look likes 19K

jloome
03-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Anyone still want to bet we don't keep him in July?

__wowza
03-09-2013, 01:46 PM
im sorry, we're playing really.. really.. fuckin well.

notthesun
03-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Lethal play from Earnshaw to get that goal. The speed to intercept, good first touch, good finish.

And good celebration. g:D

Dkolish3
03-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Not a great moment for Morgan's positioning

notthesun
03-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Some good touches from Bostock so far.

__wowza
03-09-2013, 01:56 PM
over 25k? jesus.

jloome
03-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Bostock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard
Bostock looks like a keeper.

Ajax TFC
now who do we have who can take a penalty?

__wowza
03-09-2013, 01:59 PM
that was MENTAL.

Dkolish3
Penalty

Redcoe15
gooooooooooaaaaaaaalllllllll!!!!!

razor787
Bostok! Excellent, and great composure by Earnshaw on the penalty

Kaz
Fucking Eh

Dkolish3
03-09-2013, 02:00 PM
I like the matador celebration

__wowza
calm as you like it. that's how you stutter step!!

Island Man
2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Earnshaaaaaaw

Redcoe15
2-0 bitches!!!!!

jloome
03-09-2013, 02:02 PM
We need to keep this up but so far this is the most composed game I think I've ever seen us play.

PopePouri
03-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Fuck I'm nervous. Don't get complacent.

__wowza
03-09-2013, 02:03 PM
dichio sounds good fellas.
haven't heard one like that since we were at the dome last season.

Crazy Canuck
03-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Time to learn how to front flip Celebrations

jloome
03-09-2013, 02:05 PM
That was cheeky by Earnshaw. Morgan was laughing.

Ajax TFC
03-09-2013, 02:05 PM
BTW, when was the last time we actually scored a penalty? for one those decisions rarely go our way, and last year Frings and Johnson both missed one. Would the last time be 2011 against Vancouver?

Oldtimer
03-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Seeing some good defending

Dkolish3
03-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Keeping possession nicely

jloome
03-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Bostock was a bit lazy getting back there.

Dkolish3
03-09-2013, 02:10 PM
So close

Kaz
that is so sad... lambe ... :facepalm:

Richard
Lambe has been pretty good so far.

jloome
03-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Dunfield playing his zone too deep

jloome
03-09-2013, 02:12 PM
This is good for us. KC is pushing high out of desperation to create something. We have speed.

__wowza
03-09-2013, 02:12 PM
did we just successfully cleanup a corner? WUT?

jloome
03-09-2013, 02:14 PM
This is what I mean about Dunfield losing the play. He didn't attack the header, which allowed them to break forward, and then he got stuck between which player to cover.

If none of that happens, they don't get the corner and we don't get the threat.

PopePouri
03-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Hall and Dunfield have well enough to stop anything going through the middle.

__wowza
03-09-2013, 02:18 PM
that wouldve been a clear goal scoring opportunity with that handball would it not?
he was being outrun. i take it that's the reason why the forth official was hearing shit?

jloome
03-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Hall and Dunfield have well enough to stop anything going through the middle.

Our shape has been very good and Dunfield's delivery has been very good. I'm talking about one circumstance, tracking the pace of play. But yeah, as a whole we've been really solid.

jloome
03-09-2013, 02:19 PM
that wouldve been a clear goal scoring opportunity with that handball would it not?

Nah, he probably would've gotten behind him, but they'll never whistle that a clear chance. If he was already by him and the defender brought him down, then sure.

Richard
03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Bostock is quality.

__wowza
03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
hahaha, ecks can't dive for shit.

jloome
03-09-2013, 02:22 PM

Looks like he could steal second though.

Ajax TFC
Collin should be gone from this game. If not because of the handball preventing the break away, then for the second hand ball a minute later to block the cross

Kaz
You say that like it's a bad thing :)

v00d00daddy
03-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Good half. Bostock and earnshaw look good.

I may be chastised for saying it but I like the embellishment by Bostock on the penalty and even o Dea on the foul on Zusi.

Anything to win.

Like what I see, minus the lack of possession.

SKC with some half time adjustments and all that possession could make for a scary 2nd half.

Keep it going boys

Ajax TFC
03-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Bostock made too much of that when he could have gone in on goal. I think he was anticipating the defender going in harder on him than he did

mcolvy
03-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Bostock is going to be fun to watch. Hes just a bugger eh. Nifty and technical, but'll sell any contact like he should be up for an oscar nomination. Forsure quality and we really did need quality upfront.

jloome
03-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Geez, Jeremy Hall has looked good today. Didn't think I'd ever say that. Nelsen moved him inside and the lack of speed that always killed him on the wing doesn't seem so much an issue.

__wowza
03-09-2013, 02:26 PM
fantastic first half.

Dkolish3
03-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Great first half but let's not make what happened with LA an annual tradition.

Flipityflu
its been a long time since TFC had such a good half.

jloome
fantastic first half.

Is that the best defensive half of football we ever played? Sure looked it. Didn't give an inch.

Voodooman
03-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Man I can get used to seeing this

[NBF]
03-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Earnshaw, 2 games : 2 goals, solid return so far.

PopePouri
03-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Is that the best defensive half of football we ever played? Sure looked it. Didn't give an inch.

I don't think they had a shot on target.

Stryker
03-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Damn that was some good shit. Wonderful close control in Bostock, Earnshaws top notch celebrations, hard work and cocky finish.
And let's not forget a coach on the sideline who looks to be all class rather than clown. Im actually getting excited about this team again. Can't wait to see the composure Cesar will add to midfield.

Dv23
03-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Bostock is quality. A little TOO much theatrics, but I think he just got excited after the first (legitimate) PK call. He and Ephraim are partnering up well. I'm even liking (most) of what I am seeing from Lambe and Dunfield. Ashtone has had a bad half though.

Redcoe15
03-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Luuuuuuuve that first half. Bostock and Earnshaw are gonna be great for this team, if they keep this up. May they continue putting on the pressure in the second half.

adam1001
03-09-2013, 02:33 PM
It's been a while since I've actually been optimistic about this team. I think Ryan Nelsen is up to something here.

Dreadlocks
03-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Earnshaw is going to tear this league up!!

PopePouri
03-09-2013, 02:38 PM
35% possession. Meh.

Stryker
03-09-2013, 02:38 PM
I love that matador celebration LOL.

Edit - omg I just had a brilliant tifo idea. Earnshaw doing the matador as a dim witted red bull passes by.

Oldtimer
03-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Nice tribute to Stompin' Tom.

Dreadlocks
03-09-2013, 02:40 PM
35% possession. Meh.

Expect that vs SKC. Best possession team in MLS

Ajax TFC
03-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Great first half, but there's a chance that they tire out again in the second half like against Vancouver. Lets hope that this time Nelsen makes the right changes in time to prevent them from getting sloppy

[NBF]
Damn that was some good shit. Wonderful close control in Bostock, Earnshaws top notch celebrations, hard work and cocky finish.
And let's not forget a coach on the sideline who looks to be all class rather than clown. Im actually getting excited about this team again. Can't wait to see the composure Cesar will add to midfield.

Yeah, Nelsen has connections to Tottenham and QPR which is where the loan players are coming from. He is respected by many players and teams. He hasnt burned bridges and has the maturity needed for dealing with young players. He is quite literally the captain from the sidelines.

Now SKC, I think they might be missing Kei Kamara, Cesar, and Bunbury. IDK, if this is their best team or if the 4-3-3 is their best formation without those players.

Kaz
35% possession. Meh.

35% possession with only 4 shots attempted and none on target... with Hall and Dunfield as our Centre Midfielders...

That is really very good.

__wowza
03-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Earnshaw is going to tear this league up!!

i laughed wayyyyyy too long at this.

Dkolish3
03-09-2013, 02:55 PM
SKC slowly taking over

Kaz
03-09-2013, 02:58 PM
This is concerning..

Richard
03-09-2013, 02:59 PM
We need some subs....

Ajax TFC
03-09-2013, 02:59 PM
We need to push forward more. Maybe get some fresh legs into central midfield

Stryker
03-09-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't feel that Ephram has done anything for us and would sub him.

Dkolish3
03-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Who was subbed on? and we're screwed!!!!

PopePouri
03-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Not really a fan of Bostock's dives. Foreigners...

Richard
03-09-2013, 03:14 PM
I like how the camera didnt show the goal

lobo
03-09-2013, 03:15 PM
there's the team we all know and love

Stryker
03-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Smart move by KC keeper going long as Califf was too busy chirpping as he jogged back.

Dkolish3
03-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Academy player coming in

Ajax TFC
03-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Make a change already. Fuck

Oldtimer
03-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Waiting... will there be a KC equalizer?

jloome
03-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Anyone Remember the last time we had a striker track back like that?

Stryker
03-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Im going to take flack for this but I'd trade Morgan in a heartbeat for a solid stay at home LB. His marking and short passing are horrible IMO.

jloome
03-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Sapong is limping.

Ajax TFC
03-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Five minutes?!?!? In what world?

lobo
03-09-2013, 03:27 PM
5 mins added??? for what?

Oldtimer
03-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Tension ... too much.

Dkolish3
03-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Fuck this isn't good

Richard
03-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Whats with the needless fouls, so irritating

Crazy Canuck
03-09-2013, 03:32 PM
I have no nails left...... OMG! lets go reds!!!!!

Stryker
03-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Great foul O'dea

jloome
03-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sss fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that feels good. I can't even say how good.

lobo
03-09-2013, 03:34 PM
buh bye winless streak

Dkolish3
We're winners!!! We're WINNNERS!!!

However that was pretty scarey.

Flipityflu
played really well today.good job

pawlukj
03-09-2013, 03:35 PM
great first half, that tottenham pickup is nice.. we were completly lost in the second half, but ill take the win :)

Island Man
03-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

PopePouri
03-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Except for the goal, we defended extremely well over the 90.

Redcoe15
03-09-2013, 03:37 PM
VICTORY!

That second half made me feel nervous, but they didn't break. A solid outing for TFC to beat a very good Kansas City side.

NOW ONTO MONTREAL TO SMACK THE L'IMPACT NEXT WEEK!

Kaz
03-09-2013, 03:39 PM
We didn't lose, We didn't lose...

No seriously I'm so happy about this... and I really was hoping for more in the second half so you can just tell Larson to suck it....

But more then that we made one large mistake it cost us... but in the end we beat a strong team that played fairly dirty.

Bostock needs to pick his moments better.

And if Lambe had said pass instead of shoot it would have been 3 goals..

If we can pull a tie or a win in Montreal I'll be at the real home Opener in new kit.

Oldtimer
03-09-2013, 03:40 PM
This game felt 100% different from the last game with Mr. Bermuda shorts in charge.

Dv23
03-09-2013, 03:41 PM
It feels good to win, but damn was that second half scary. I have a feeling that we're going to be seeing a lot of those. Lots of pressure from us in first, only to see us have to sit back and soak up pressure in the second.

TOBOR !
03-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Great foul O'dea poor defensive communication led to him having to do that. Any closer to the goal and it would've been red.

kuku
03-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Enjoy the win boys. It was a long time coming!

Walms
03-09-2013, 03:48 PM
We held on..... thats great to see

PopePouri
03-09-2013, 03:50 PM
poor defensive communication led to him having to do that. Any closer to the goal and it would've been red.

Heavy touch and slip.

Ajax TFC
03-09-2013, 03:53 PM
The number 1 thing this team has to work on is fitness. We tire too much in the second half.

TFCwestcan
03-09-2013, 03:55 PM
I can see there will be happy Pub owners near the Rogers centre. Gritty game, love the defending. Earnshaw looked great, service declined as the game progressed. People were critical of Dunfield and Hall but I thought they played a decent game, that said I look forward to seeing Cesar and Silva. I have to tip my hat to the management the new players looked very good while still getting used to there teammates. It will be interesting to see where we go from the rankings perspective, did SKC just play poor or were TFC good. The second half of the game was maybe a better indicator, nerve wracking, but the whistle was very welcome.

TFCRegina
Yay a win

Batman
What's that weird thing I'm feeling?

It's strange... I can't remember feeliing it for a long time.

Oh ya... it's the feeling of

V I C T O R Y !

pekduck
03-09-2013, 03:57 PM
I'll take the win. Haven't had that feeling for way tooooooooooo long.

1st half was good. able to go head to head with a great possession and speedy team. 2nd half was definitely outplayed. couple players can't last full 90 and still need to work on mental focus and alertness, hope Nelson can sort that side out, Bostock, Earnshaw are great. Lambe upped his game. Morgan had an average outing. Ephraim was okay then faded away. Terry hanged in there, Hall was alright. If we had a full healthy mid (Ephraim - Silva - Bekkar - Bostock) with options (Hall, Dunfield, Caesar, Osorio, Lambe) we'll be darn good and competitive.

Gazza
03-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Time to practice my front flip/ el matador for next week's beer league game! Hopefully i don't rupture my only descended testicle.

T-boy
03-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Great first half. Bostock was fantastic. The kid has skills. Earnshaw is such a goal poacher! He will score a load inthe MLS. I'm concerned if they keep playing him alone up front. A 5ft 8 guy isn't going to hold the ball up top on his own. That was where we were going wrong all second half. Somebody...ANYBODY, needed to hold the ball at least at the hald way line, and try and keep possession. Earnshaw isn't that type of player. Where Bostock was great in the first half, his lack of defensive capability showed in the second half. Kansas worked that out and constantly worked their left wing, Eckersley did well to keep them at bay, but Bostock needed to get stuck in and that just isn't his game.

Kansas "probably" deserved a draw by their second half. But I'll take it. It took ten games to get a point last season! We are well ahead this season! Congrats Nelson on your first win as a football manager. Well deserved!

Gazza
03-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Can't wait to see Earnshaw, Bostock and Bekker linking up, but on proper grass.

T-boy
03-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Can't wait to see Earnshaw, Bostock and Bekker linking up, but on proper grass.

How about Silva too? I'm not sure how we are going to play all these guys! But we have GOOD options now, something we haven't had in a long long time!

notthesun
03-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Feels fucking good.

Bostock was great. If this is what I can expect every game, someone get me Plata's address, I'll send him a postcard.

Earnshaw also very clinical. You could tell he had quality from the Vancouver game and he showed it today.

Hall and Dunfield in midfield still needs to change in my opinion. Not that anyone made much of an impact in the second half, but I think Julio Cesar really would've helped us in that situation. I also think we need a bit of a mentality shift, if we keep having poor second halves like that it's gonna come back to bite us. Instead of expecting the push from the opposition in the second half and trying to deflect it, we need to meet it halfway with our own pressure.

The good news about the second half though is obviously we only gave up one goal, and on a bit of a fluky play as well, with Califf out of position and running back after being cautioned. The telling stat of the day though is we only conceded one shot on target, the goal (also a post off a header but that technically doesn't count as a shot on target). For all their pressure, SKC only managed to get one chance where we didn't have at least one player breathing down their neck to put them off. No question at all that we're far better organized defensively this year. A tip of my hat to Nelsen for that.

And just to top if off: We were the only team not picked for even a draw this week by MLSsoccer.com (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/03/08/pick-em-mlssoccercom-editors-pick-week-2-matches). Boom.

ManUtd4ever
03-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Well deserved victory. We now have the quality to have a legitimate chance to earn a result on any given day.

bigredone
03-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Well deserved victory. We now have the quality to have a legitimate chance to earn a result on any given day.

...and with the development we all know is ahead of us I am very excited. Who knows the possibilities! Returning players, better fitness and chemistry is all in the next few games.