PDA

View Full Version : WELCOME to TFC! Robert Earnshaw!

Technorgasm
02-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Now, we have a new player that has joined TFC. . . this SURELY deserves its own thread so the RPB peeps can talk about hi without any clutter.:scarf:
Maybe we can sign CRAIG BELLAMY NEXT!

Robert Earnshaw has joined MLS side Toronto FChttp://e0.365dm.com/11/09/660x350/Earnshaw_2657252.jpgRobert Earnshaw has confirmed that he has left Cardiff City and signed for MLS outfit Toronto FC.
The Wales international has struggled for game time at the Bluebirds in recent times.
He was allowed to take in a loan spell at Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv towards the end of 2013, but returned to Cardiff in the New Year.
Earnshaw has now seen a second spell with the Championship leaders come to an end.
He began his career with Cardiff and returned to South Wales in July 2011 after Nottingham Forest allowed his contract to run down.

Now 31 years of age, he will be continuing his career in Canada.

Earnshaw posted on his Twitter account: "Breaking news: I have now signed and officially a @Torontofc player. Season starts this Saturday. Now on the plane flying to Vancouver for the opening game.

"I want to thank my home town club Cardiff City, I had the best fun playing in front of those Fans from the age of 16 until now.

"I leave with a heavy heart from Cardiff city. I hope we created memories and I tried to give everything I had when I played. I will remember the journey that we went through."

Brooker
02-28-2013, 05:13 PM
He's got a good, strong sounding name. Good signing based on that.

jloome
02-28-2013, 05:39 PM

LOL. If it were Robert 'Earn' Shaw, I'd say we're going to need a bigger boat.

Yeoman
02-28-2013, 05:46 PM
along with laurent robert, he too played for derby county when they went on to be the worst team ever to play in the EPL. yup he was amazing for derby. our most expensive singing ever and got us what? A goal i believe in 22 apperances? that's barrett level there.

kodiakTFC
02-28-2013, 06:12 PM
I've seen a couple games with him and I'm pretty happy with this signing. I'm sure i'll regret this post in 2 months. sigh.

Morlesio14
02-28-2013, 06:51 PM
It's fine we need more old players anyways :wink:

DangerRed
02-28-2013, 06:58 PM
along with laurent robert, he too played for derby county when they went on to be the worst team ever to play in the EPL. yup he was amazing for derby. our most expensive singing ever and got us what? A goal i believe in 22 apperances? that's barrett level there.

You're obviously kidding, as Barrett had 21 goals in 78 appearances, and stands as our second highest scorer ever.

OgtheDim
02-28-2013, 07:24 PM
It just felt like he took 22 games to score.......or was that Cunningham?

T-boy
02-28-2013, 07:28 PM

Earnshaw never really made the leap to the premiership. BUT - he's a very good Championship level striker, and scores a lot. I would judge him on the Championship more than the premier, personally. I would say he's generally had a better career than Dichio (scored almost double that of Dichio in his career), so I'm pretty happy with this signing. He's got a couple of year left in him at 31 too. I can see him scoring 10 goals or so this season in the MLS.

razor787
02-28-2013, 07:38 PM
im guessing hes coming in at a normal wage, not DP, correct? And is this a signing or another loan?

ManUtd4ever
02-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Earnshaw has been a very prolific scorer at every level throughout his career other than the Premiership. At 31, I think he has enough left in the tank to make an impact in MLS. He will fill a glaring void up front on our roster.

tfcleeds
02-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Looking forward to those front flips! Hopefully we'll see more than a few of them. Here's a funny intro to an interview with him on Soccer AM:

kL-64FH6RCU

FluSH
02-28-2013, 09:51 PM

Post of the month right here!!

burlington Red
02-28-2013, 10:16 PM

I guess you didn't follow the PL back then, because seriously Van Persie could have played for them that year and not scored, they were terrible, as bad as I have ever seen in the PL-so don't hold that against him. Yes he wasn't great that year and although he scored some for WBA in PL, he wasn't up to that level. I haven't seen him play in a few yrs, in his prime he would have been a decent player here, my only concern is how much pace has he got left, how fit is he and what desire has he got left in him. Hard to call this one, he is a decent finisher, hopefully he does well for us.

Yeoman
02-28-2013, 11:26 PM
he wasn't doing that good in nottingham either. if it was him (postitive it was), he's been sent off for violent conduct in the past that was rather petty. could be mixing him up with someone else from that game two years ago.
also not denying that no body could score for derby. we were just plain terrible, and well have been ever since. at least will hughes is a up and comer. yes i do follow derby for the record.

khso11
02-28-2013, 11:40 PM
guess we've got a celebration specialize here, looking forward to see him on Saturday!!!!

Mark in Ottawa
03-01-2013, 04:15 AM
Given TFC's past record with injuries they can use all of the squad depth they can get.

Technorgasm
03-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Earnshaw never really made the leap to the premiership. BUT - he's a very good Championship level striker, and scores a lot. I would judge him on the Championship more than the premier, personally. I would say he's generally had a better career than Dichio (scored almost double that of Dichio in his career), so I'm pretty happy with this signing. He's got a couple of year left in him at 31 too. I can see him scoring 10 goals or so this season in the MLS.

This kid. . or ANYONE can put 10 in the onion bag for this team should be given the order of Canada.

(center of the universe plug)

Ps. Budwesier sucks ass.

renda-10
03-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Looking forward to seeing all the goal celebrations.

MKR
03-01-2013, 08:11 AM
I'm excited about the signing. anytime you get someone in who has a proven track record it's a positive. Based on his age, he's still got a few years left in him. It's too bad this late and he won't play on saturday or so i assume. Actually can someone tell me we're always rounding out the roster right up until the last possible minute and in many cases after the season has already started? Is thins common place with MLS teams or is it just us? because it sure seems like we do this every flippin' year.

Oldtimer
03-01-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm excited about the signing. anytime you get someone in who has a proven track record it's a positive. Based on his age, he's still got a few years left in him. It's too bad this late and he won't play on saturday or so i assume. Actually can someone tell me we're always rounding out the roster right up until the last possible minute and in many cases after the season has already started? Is thins common place with MLS teams or is it just us? because it sure seems like we do this every flippin' year.

Many MLS teams sign players right up to the last minute. The difference with TFC is the lack of a solid stable core.

Fort York Redcoat
03-01-2013, 08:58 AM

Earnshaw is tweeting he'll be in Vanny. While that's no guarantee he'll play, looking at our options I wouldn't be surprised to see him get minutes.

Toronto Funk
03-01-2013, 10:05 AM
I can't wait to see this guy celebrate in front of the South end on a regular basis!

notthesun
03-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Just saw on twitter he's bagged himself the #10 kit as well. Hopefully he lives up to it.

edit:

"@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/307528519414603777): #TFC official just told me Earnshaw is not a loan signing, but a permanent deal. And he is not a DP."

That's interesting.

Corpand
03-01-2013, 02:22 PM
I think people need to realize the gravity of this signing.

Been following him for over 6 years now, was a big fan due to his quickness and sneakiness (positioned himself well to start counters, made for some fantastic goals). His finish is what I love the most. He reminds me of what Bennett can become if he gets a scoring touch like the Koev. Low centre of gravity, still nimble (I give him at least 2 more years until his physique drops off. His pace has not struggled much while Ive watched him). I just hope he avoids injuries. Those plastic pitches in Seattle and NE can destroy his kneecap if he makes a quick run and gets crushed by a defender.

ManUtd4ever
03-01-2013, 02:24 PM
I think people need to realize the gravity of this signing.

Been following him for over 6 years now, was a big fan due to his quickness and sneakiness (positioned himself well to start counters, made for some fantastic goals). His finish is what I love the most. He reminds me of what Bennett can become if he gets a scoring touch like the Koev. Low centre of gravity, still nimble (I give him at least 2 more years until his physique drops off. His pace has not struggled much while Ive watched him). I just hope he avoids injuries. Those plastic pitches in Seattle and NE can destroy his kneecap if he makes a quick run and gets crushed by a defender.

Agreed. I think he has all the tools to become a fan favorite if he can stay healthy.

Canary10
03-01-2013, 02:27 PM
He was a fantastic player for Norwich. His record with Derby I would attribute to the fact that Derby is shit.

Gazza
03-01-2013, 02:28 PM
I liken Earnshaw to Chad Barrett with a nose for goal. I hope my expectations aren't too high.

Initial B
03-01-2013, 03:05 PM
His record with Derby I would attribute to the fact that Derby is shit.
And TFC is not? I think we'll probably see his Derby production this year. And boy, it's shaping up to be a long and depressing one.

Technorgasm
03-01-2013, 03:21 PM
ya never know. . he could become the best striker of this generation. .

http://youtu.be/ZBuzdO2HbmY

levyashin
03-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Earnshaw 10+ goals this year.

Canary10
03-01-2013, 03:48 PM
And TFC is not? I think we'll probably see his Derby production this year. And boy, it's shaping up to be a long and depressing one.

I was really just taking shots at Derby...Have friend who is a supporter.

Wombat
03-01-2013, 05:07 PM
I liken Earnshaw to Chad Barrett with a nose for goal. I hope my expectations aren't too high.

Believe me Gazza - Robert Earnshaw is much better player than Chad Barrett! Barret was all huff & puff but without the finesse to finish - Earnshore can score with his eyes closed
against MLS level defenders.

I can't believe how many doubters there are on here - this guy knows where the goal is. Don't worry about "he's not as fast as he used to be.." DUH!!! :facepalm:

"Earnie" as he's affectionately known, is a goal poacher extrardinaire a la Michael Owen. He can be on for 85 mins without a sniff, then gets once chance and buries it.

We've been crying out for a high class, top level striker since Day One... and now he's arrived. Guaranteed 15-20 goals from the man this season.

You have "WOMBAT's WORD" and that's golden.

Gazza
03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Believe me Gazza - Robert Earnshaw is much better player than Chad Barrett! Barret was al huff & puff ut without the finesse to finish - Earnshore can score with his eyes closed
against MLS level defenders.

I can't believe how many doubters there are on here - this guy knows where the goal is. Don't worry about "he's not as fast as he used to be.." DUH!!! :facepalm:

"Earnie" as he's affectionately known, is a goal poacher extrardinaire a la Michael Owen. He can be on for 85 mins without a sniff, then gets once chance and buries it.

We've been crying out for a high class, top level striker since Day One... and now he's arrived. Guaranteed 15-20 goals from the man this season.

You have "WOMBAT's WORD" and that's golden.

That's why i said "Chad Barrett with a nose for goal." Chad Barrett with a nose for the net would be a pretty damn good player in this league. Barrett could get himself into great scoring positions but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door.

I'm happy with the signing.

TFC Cityboy
03-01-2013, 05:27 PM
He'll eat this league up

69Chevy396
03-01-2013, 09:33 PM
He'll eat this league up

Now TFC has cemented itself as burial ground for second rate UK semi-retired rejects. I thought Payne was looking to unfold the old map to reveal a few other continents and Countries; "Argentine striker" heading our way soon? What kills me are the assumptions that TFC is actually improving by embracing these bums, when in reality all we are witnessing are new bums replacing old ones. This team never gets better but it works real hard at being the same, year after yer. Good luck to this guy, we will sure miss him in the fall or winter or summer, whenever the current mgmt decides a new bum is needed.

Marc"2L"
03-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Based off of a purely illogical desperation to not be terrible, I have a good feeling about this guy.

dutch
03-01-2013, 10:23 PM
How many forwards from England have we taken in previously,that proved to be a bust in MLS...? I actually dont know.
The guy has alot on his resume, He CHOSE to come here, you cant replicate desire.
What was our options before he and ephraim showed up?...
Did anyone not see it coming that A) we would sign alot more England based players
B) as much as we thought the cupboards were bare, there was a reason payne and nelson were flying all over the world 2 weeks away from first match. Im happy with the signings.
Still waiting for word on the argentinian DP. I have trust in management for the first time in my life.

Thomas
03-01-2013, 10:27 PM
The guy hasn't even had a chance to play, yet you are already writing him off. This supporters site is unreal.

T-boy
03-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Koev's and Earnshaw up front would be quite an interesting comdination, if we ever get them playing together. That looks like a strike partnership with a wad of goals in it!

jazzy
03-01-2013, 10:43 PM
The guy hasn't even had a chance to play, yet you are already writing him off. This supporters site is unreal.

true enough, we have such a high opinion of ourselves, it's almost some fans don't want the team to be successful,..everyone's a coach and critic..lol. Discussion is needed and fun but people actually thinking they are more knowledgeable than those being paid to do the job kill me.

DOMIN8R
03-01-2013, 11:01 PM
It's difficult to find just the right troll related post. But I think that this one comes close.....

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1982393/82623100.jpg

Mr. Bigby
03-01-2013, 11:10 PM
So let me get this straight. The new coach and General Manager have done back flips to draft young domestic local talent (including stealing one who had been widely forcast as a first rounder but for some reason fell to the supplemental draft). Net result, we have a good number of young, skillfull rookies with the potential to be in this league for a long time. In addition they come away with a bagful of allocation cash plus they then recover two of three DP slots (luck or skill, it doesn't matter). Finally, they bring in skilled, experienced vets with strong pedigrees who can help the team during a period of transition (including a striker who has scored well for every team he has played for and who has received glowing reviews from the supporters of his last club). Yet despite all of the above, some of the 'brain trust' that frequents this board has decided that, because they couldn't pull the second coming of Messi out of their hats, that all is lost, and they have clearly failed in their mission - all before the first kick. Give your heads a shake!

Will we struggle for the first part of the season? More than likely. It will take a while for everyone to jell. But from where I stand, this a significantly different team from the one that broke all of our hearts last year, and I'm willing to give both the players and management the time to grow into the team we want them to be.

Yohan
03-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Dear kevin payne and ryan nelsen

Please dont listen or read this board. Do whatever you feel is necessary because whatever you do, you will get lynched here

jloome
03-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Now TFC has cemented itself as burial ground for second rate UK semi-retired rejects. I thought Payne was looking to unfold the old map to reveal a few other continents and Countries; "Argentine striker" heading our way soon? What kills me are the assumptions that TFC is actually improving by embracing these bums, when in reality all we are witnessing are new bums replacing old ones. This team never gets better but it works real hard at being the same, year after yer. Good luck to this guy, we will sure miss him in the fall or winter or summer, whenever the current mgmt decides a new bum is needed.

How is Rob Earnshaw "a bum"?

Did I miss something here?

Missing the point of the critique.

69Chevy396
03-02-2013, 04:21 PM
How is Rob Earnshaw "a bum"?

Did I miss something here?

Missing the point of the critique.
Listen, I don't begrudge the players desire or ambition or motivation. Why I call them bums is that these players struggle in second and third rated leagues and have consistently demonstrated (with a few exceptions-Cunningham, Dichio), ineptitude in league play where MLS competition increasingly shows signs of improvement. Hence, the gaping mouth surprise by supporters when the team is blown off the pitch game in and game out. After 7 years of this crap one would have hoped for more. The team should be recruiting star quality from second tier or lower EPL or Serie A and not this continual reliance on players who offer little more than the guy they replace.

bman27
03-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Listen, I don't begrudge the players desire or ambition or motivation. Why I call them bums is that these players struggle in second and third rated leagues and have consistently demonstrated (with a few exceptions-Cunningham, Dichio), ineptitude in league play where MLS competition increasingly shows signs of improvement. Hence, the gaping mouth surprise by supporters when the team is blown off the pitch game in and game out. After 7 years of this crap one would have hoped for more. The team should be recruiting star quality from second tier or lower EPL or Serie A and not this continual reliance on players who offer little more than the guy they replace.

Except you are missing the fact that Earnshaw has been a proven scorer at every level he has played at, minus the prem..... ephram and bostock are both guys who have traveled a lot due to being owned by clubs with big fluxing rosters, I would hardly call these guys rejects, these are just the types of players that fall through the cracks sometimes in the english game especially

Yohan
03-02-2013, 05:07 PM

Luke Rodgers. 10 goals in one season with NYRB. Signed from League 2 Notts County
Adam Moffat. Houston signed him IIRC from D2 Cleveland. Before that, he played for Elgin City in Scottish First Division.

My point? you never know. Playing resumes are a good starter to get an indication, but never the complete picture of how good a player might be for the team. In plenty of cases, guys with good playing resumes blew chunks in MLS

69Chevy396
03-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Luke Rodgers. 10 goals in one season with NYRB. Signed from League 2 Notts County
Adam Moffat. Houston signed him IIRC from D2 Cleveland. Before that, he played for Elgin City in Scottish First Division.

My point? you never know. Playing resumes are a good starter to get an indication, but never the complete picture of how good a player might be for the team. In plenty of cases, guys with good playing resumes blew chunks in MLS

I hope you are right. I am no "troll". I am influenced by facts, you know, the facts such as Robert, Samuels, Hasili, Mista, and so many others. The revolving door that is TFC player recruitment is embarrassing, so it is a bit unfair to blame me and others for the pessimism. Again, maybethis year will be different, we will find out really, really soon.

burlington Red
03-03-2013, 09:52 AM

It's funny how a so called second rate Uk reject was the player who bossed the game. Reo Coker owned the midfield.He was playing for Ipswich last season. Experienced international players are needed to help us develop our young players. Give the lad a few games and then give an opinion.

OgtheDim
03-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Being influenced by facts is a good thing. But there are levels of proof. In the case of players who we have not seen play against MLS level teams, actually seeing how they perform is always a better level of proof. Especially when you are going to use said proof to judge a whole new TFC regime.

In my estimation, Earnshaw is neither a saviour striker nor is he a Jeff Cunningham. He requires service of a certain type, to his feet, preferably from wide positions. Right now we only seem to have one player able and willing to do that well - Ephraim. Lambe ain't gonna cut it. We'll see if Payne gets us another winger. I suspect he will.

Playing Earnshaw and Koevs at the same time would give us a varied attack, something we have never really had. It would be nice to be able to see all our possible assets, at full strength, before we start jumping up and down on this regime as same as the old ones.

Richard
03-03-2013, 11:46 AM
The guy played one game and unfit, chill the fuck out. Fuck sakes. Im gonna.repeat, ONE FUCKING GAME.

PopePouri
03-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Listened to KJ and Sharms podcast and apparently Cardiff has paid out his salary until June meaning his cap hit is relatively small, 150k max.

T-boy
03-05-2013, 10:11 AM

Spot on man! Players arrive at a new club with a clean slate, always. Their previous reputations are really irrelevant. Rodgers was just a journeyman lower level English player, and proved that a goal scorer can score goals at mostly any level! Earnshaw is a much better player than Rodgers.

Canary10
03-05-2013, 10:14 AM
The English Championship is a higher level league than MLS. Calling it second rate is wrong.

Chevy does have a point though about our revolving door. The Globe had an article on the three Canadian teams on Saturday. The "In" and "Out" columns for Montreal and Vancouver were small, like two lines. for Toronto, it took up the whole page. That, in a nutshell, is what has been wrong at TFC.

I'm not sure about the Earnshaw situation either. He's been a very good player, and likely will contribute. But seeing that Cardiff has paid his salary up to June, I worry that's how long he'll be here. Once they're done paying him, it will be squarely on us. I can tell you he'll be on substantially higher wages than TFC/MLS are able to pay. I'd be surprised if he's here past June. Given how thin our roster is, maybe a rent-a-player is fine but it isn't great for team chemistry.

Joe Kool
03-05-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure about the Earnshaw situation either. He's been a very good player, and likely will contribute. But seeing that Cardiff has paid his salary up to June, I worry that's how long he'll be here. Once they're done paying him, it will be squarely on us. I can tell you he'll be on substantially higher wages than TFC/MLS are able to pay. I'd be surprised if he's here past June. Given how thin our roster is, maybe a rent-a-player is fine but it isn't great for team chemistry.

I say if he scores us bags of goals then we give him whatever he deserves by MLS standards even if that is a DP spot....if he earns it that is. I have got no problem with that if he is lighting it up. The problem has always been over paying for what we are getting. If he does mediocre then he gets offered an MLS mediocre salary in the next renegotiation. If he doesn't like it he can leave at that point. As long as they treat the situation like that I will be happy.

PopePouri
03-05-2013, 10:36 AM
I worry that's how long he'll be here.

Koev is scheduled to come back around the time he goes. If we play 4-4-1-1 with Silva or Bekker as the no. 10, there's no need to have a 300k player on the bench.

The issue about it being a revolving door is just the nature of MLS and lower league football. Some teams may have less turnover but it's still significant. Vancouver had 9 players leave in the offseason, we had 12 plus Frings' retirement.

Canary10
03-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Koev is scheduled to come back around the time he goes. If we play 4-4-1-1 with Silva or Bekker as the no. 10, there's no need to have a 300k player on the bench.

The issue about it being a revolving door is just the nature of MLS and lower league football. Some teams may have less turnover but it's still significant. Vancouver had 9 players leave in the offseason, we had 12 plus Frings' retirement.

The Globe had 14 TFC players going.

IN
D Gale Agbossoumonde
M Kyle Bekker
GK Joe Bendik
F Ashton Bennett
F Justin Braun
D Danny Califf
M Julio Cesar
F Robert Earnshaw
F Taylor Morgan
M Jonathan Osorio
F Emery Welshman
OUT
F Quincy Amarikwa
M Eric Avila
D Adrian Cann
M Oscar Cordon
M Torsten Frings
D Ty Harden
F Eric Hassli
F Ryan Johnson
GK Milos Kocic
F Nicholas Lindsay
F Keith Makubuya
M Aaron Maund
F Joao Plata
D Dicoy Williams

Canary10
03-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Vancouver, by comparison. Don't know if the Globe got all this right, but seeing it in the paper on Saturday it hit home.

IN:
Nigel Reo-Coker
Daigo Kobayashi
Johnny Leveron
Kekuta Manneh
Erik Hurtado
OUT:
Barry Robson
Martin Bonjour
Dane Richards

PopePouri
03-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Vancouver

IN: FW Paulo Jr. (12/14/12 - Re-Entry Draft Stage 2); DF Brad Rusin (1/11/13 - transfer from HB Křge); FW Kekuta Manneh (1/17/13 - SuperDraft); FW Corey Hertzog (1/23/13 - free); FW Tommy Heinemann (1/23/13 - free); MF Daigo Kobayashi (1/28/13 - free); DF Johnny Leverón (2/19/13 - free); MF Nigel Reo-Coker (2/21/13 - first right of refusal from Portland); GK Simon Thomas (2/25/13 - free)
OUT: GK Brian Sylvestre (11/8/12 - option declined); MF Tiago Ulisses (11/8/12 - option declined); FW Etienne Barbara (11/8/12 - option declined); MF Michael Nanchoff (12/3/12 - option declined); MF John Thorrington (12/3/12 - option declined); MF Atiba Harris (12/3/12 - traded to Colorado); MF Barry Robson (1/21/13 - contract terminated); DF Martín Bonjour (1/25/13 - waived); MF Michael Nanchoff (2/13/12 - trade to Portland)

Toronto

IN: FW Justin Braun (12/3/12 - trade from Real Salt Lake); GK Joe Bendik (12/12/12 - trade from Portland); DF Danny Califf (12/14/12 - Re-Entry Draft Stage 2); DF Gale Agbossoumonde (12/20/12 - weighted lottery); MF Júlio César (1/15/2013 - free); MF Kyle Bekker (1/17/13 - SuperDraft); MF Hogan Ephraim (2/27/13 - loan from Queens Park Rangers)
OUT: DF Adrian Cann (11/15/12 - option declined); DF Ty Harden (11/15/12 - option declined); DF Dicoy Williams (11/15/12 - option declined); MF Oscar Cordon (11/15/12 - option declined); FW Nicholas Lindsay (11/15/12 - option declined); FW Keith Makubuya (11/15/12 - option declined); MF Aaron Maund (12/3/12 - traded to Real Salt Lake); MF Eric Avila (12/3/12 - out of contract); FW Ryan Johnson (12/12/12 - trade to Portland); GK Milos Kocic (12/12/12 - trade to Portland); FW Joao Plata (1/30/13 - trade to Real Salt Lake); FW Eric Hassli (2/4/13 - trade to FC Dallas); MF Torsten Frings (2/26/13 - retired)

MLS didn't add Amerikwa.

Canary10
03-05-2013, 11:04 AM
^ Thanks. That's still quite a bit more turnover for TFC though. We need more stability, at least in the core 11-15.

Jpexxx
03-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Just in case this hadn't been mentioned in here

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN)
CORRECTION: Earnshaw signed on loan through July. "We'll see then," he said. Enjoying the here and now. #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash)

notthesun
03-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Odd that it was reported as a loan, then corrected to be a permanent move, and now back to a loan... but okay then.

TFC_Allez
03-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Really looking forward to seeing this guy match fit with guys like Julio Cesar, Luis Silva, and Kyle Bekker feeding him the ball. This could be very promising :) and when Danny K comes back...this could be an impressive combination!

Solid moves by Kevin Payne. Ryan Nelsen played it safe and smart in Vancouver...which is more than what could be said about our previous manager (but enough about him...he's history!). This could very well be a season to remember, for the right reasons!
...I say this with all sorts of cautious and skeptical enthusiasm and optimism.

tfcleeds
03-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Based on his last loan experience, I can see why Earnshaw is taking a wait-and-see approach. But I hope he sticks with us for the longer haul (providing of course he is able to stick a few in the ol' onion bag). I don't think he'll be in Cardiff's plans anytime soon.

Auzzy
03-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Just remember, Vancouver also had seem key player turnover last year, including during the season. But agreed that TFC has consistently had WAY too much of a revolving door for coaches/management/players, all three of those things related, pretty well since the beginning. Which is why some folks have to chill the eff out, and let Payne & Co. do their thing for a while. I have no idea how good Payne/Nelsen will be, but we have to wait for a while to see.

Personally I'm relieved that Earnshaw is on loan, that's more in line with what Payne promised recently.

ManUtd4ever
03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Robert Earnshaw was named MLS player of the week today.

Well done.

billyfly
03-11-2013, 02:24 PM
^And one of the nicest goals I ever saw a TFC player score.

Canary10
03-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Earnshaw must be thinking this league's a piece of cake. Walk in without match fitness and not having played for a few months and win player of the week in your second game? Nothing to it.

ManUtd4ever
03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
While Earnshaw is a better player, don't forget Javier Martina also scored a brace in his home debut.

Yes, but other than that, there's no comparison between those two footballers in terms of their playing resume and overall pedigree.

dutch
03-12-2013, 03:05 AM
javier martina is unsigned right now at 26 for a damn good reason. look up his record, I dont know if my stats are wrong
but I dont think he scored more than 4 goals in his professional life. 2 were for us and the other 2 were for u20 netherlands.
this man earnshaw scored 15 goals in 32 apps in 2010 for cardiff. In 2009 he got 12 goals in 30 apps.
in 2007 he scored 19 goals in 30 apps for norwich city. whats left to say.
I went to the game this weekend and this guy has more strikers instinct and speed for a forward than anyone I've ever seen wear the kit.
alot of fans want to rip players because they come from as they call it "2nd and 3rd leagues overseas"
make no mistake, a striker who's been a regular starter for a championship team recently is one hell of a gift for a MLS team to happen upon.

Brooker
03-12-2013, 03:16 AM
While Earnshaw is a better player, don't forget Javier Martina also scored a brace in his home debut.

http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-28459-0508c3f456e7de.gif

tfcleeds
03-12-2013, 12:05 PM
this man earnshaw scored 15 goals in 32 apps in 2010 for cardiff. In 2009 he got 12 goals in 30 apps. in 2007 he scored 19 goals in 30 apps for norwich city. whats left to say. I went to the game this weekend and this guy has more strikers instinct and speed for a forward than anyone I've ever seen wear the kit. alot of fans want to rip players because they come from as they call it "2nd and 3rd leagues overseas" make no mistake, a striker who's been a regular starter for a championship team recently is one hell of a gift for a MLS team to happen upon.Agreed, especially the last bit. That's why I was happy to hear we'd signed him. I realize a lot of people might not necessarily closely follow the Championship, but my club's been at that level or lower for the last decade, so I'm well aware of what Earnie can do (as he himself has mostly played at that level, with a bit of time in the Prem). As I said somewhere else on here, I honestly believe he might bring the most footballing pedigree out of any strikers we've had, and maybe the most outside any player we've had (bar Frings and DeRo.) Sure, he's on the wrong side of 30, but not by much, he's eager to prolong his international career with Wales, and so could be an astute signing.

IsrTfc
03-26-2013, 07:03 PM
i know its a bit old thread, but i had to find someplace to comment about this great player.
he played in my team (MTA) 2 months ago, and was released after we had to get place for a different foreign striker (in israel you can have only 5 foreign players in a team)

anywayz this guy is incredible, he doesnt have much skills, he is not the wisest, but he is still the biggest fighter i've ever seen, the fire in him when he is already 31 and passed almost everything in the football world is incredible.

ilove this guy so much, i used to visit him every week during training sessions of the team. he is one big heart, and i hope he will bring our beloved TFC to a good season.

Abou Sky
03-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks, we are loving him so far.

Walms
03-26-2013, 07:36 PM
http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-28459-0508c3f456e7de.gif

Love it

Richard
03-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Agreed, especially the last bit. That's why I was happy to hear we'd signed him. I realize a lot of people might not necessarily closely follow the Championship, but my club's been at that level or lower for the last decade, so I'm well aware of what Earnie can do (as he himself has mostly played at that level, with a bit of time in the Prem). As I said somewhere else on here, I honestly believe he might bring the most footballing pedigree out of any strikers we've had, and maybe the most outside any player we've had (bar Frings and DeRo.) Sure, he's on the wrong side of 30, but not by much, he's eager to prolong his international career with Wales, and so could be an astute signing.

I think Koevs is a bit better, he has really good game sense too.

Abou Sky
03-27-2013, 07:59 AM
I think Koevs is a bit better, he has really good game sense too.

I can't say for sure but I think although DK has a better nose for the net (not by much but he does), Earnshaw better understands that role he plays as first defender on the team.

spark
03-27-2013, 08:22 AM
Hope posting here is not out of turn, but thought appropriate since this just went up

ENBSports just wrote something on Earnshaw and there's some good points in there to back up IsrTfc

EARNSHAW EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS SHOULD NOT SURPRISE (http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articles2012/Earnshawexceededexpectationsshouldntsurprise.aspx)

IsrTfc
03-27-2013, 12:06 PM
By the way, before he joined TFC, this year he scored 2 winning goals (his only goals this year) for MTA bringing us 6 points by hismelf.

02:35 in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfX_FKNDVX0&t=2m36s

05:03 in this vide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-xiQUGw1wo

Technorgasm
04-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Where can you bet on MLS players?

What are the Odds on Robbie scoring v Dallas?

Link please.