PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post - Game 1: TFC @ Vancouver 2 Mar 13, 630pm

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
02-25-2013, 07:49 AM
The season opener is finally here!

I'll take a draw in Vancouver against a Caps team that is stronger than TFC in pretty much every position

Petor
02-25-2013, 08:05 AM

I'll take a draw in Vancouver against a Caps team that is stronger than TFC in pretty much every position

A draw? Against the Shitecraps? Shudder!
We will wipe their faces on their own plastic pitch!
Nothing less than a clean sheet and a mutiple goal win will do.
I hope that the sun will shine for a whole week in Vancouver after the TFC win, it will drive them crazy! :D

Super
02-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Based on our current squad I have a hard time seeing how we can get out of that fixture with a point or 3. But it's football, so anything is possible.

Suds
02-25-2013, 10:02 AM

On paper the Whitecaps have the stronger roster at this stage. I have not watched any of their pre-season highlights or games so I don't really have much other than their line-up to go on.

Getting an away point is always good. I'd be quite happy with a tie but I'm still concerned we are leaking goals. I'm not confident our D will be up to the task early in the season.

Prediction: Shitecaps 3 - TFC 1 (my hope is for a tie)

tfcleeds
02-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Best hope is to scrape a draw. 'Craps should win though.

KGH
02-25-2013, 10:09 AM
So pending any big moves this week I suspect we'll roll with a 4-2-3-1

--------------Bendik--------------
--Ecks--Calif---Odea---Russell*-
------Caeser-----Dunfield--------
-Lambe----Silva----Welshman#-
-------------Morgan*-------------

**Assuming Braun and A Morgan are still out
# If Ephraim is coming in I'd expect him here

ManUtd4ever
02-25-2013, 10:19 AM
I think this one could get ugly. There are just too many question marks throughout the roster due to the delay in player acquisitions and injuries.

mastermixer
02-25-2013, 10:28 AM

Yikes. That is a one horrible offense.

KGH
02-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Those were my thoughts exactly.

We still need 2 wingers and a striker to do anything.

I do think we'll be way better defensively but there will be a lot of 1-0 losses this year.

zamperina
02-25-2013, 10:44 AM
The game out West and no cohesion on this squad means a whipping from the Caps.

Lucky Strike
02-25-2013, 10:57 AM

That's how I see it as well. I have a hard time seeing where the goals are going to come from during the run of play. The "easiest" goals are usually headers but who's going to cross the ball with any decency? Lambe is not really that consistent guy and I don't have enough information on Welshman to be confident about his abilities.

I think this, combined with our defence which will still be getting used to playing together with conspire to hand us a 0-2 defeat.

Yohan
02-25-2013, 11:05 AM
The Caps have really upgraded with speed on the flanks with Manneh and Hurtado. What I'm afraid is that Ecks or Morgan (if he's healthy enough) get caught pushed too far up and Caps score on a counter using their speed. If I was Rennie, I'd start Mattocks over Miller, using Kobayashi as AM to feed the strikers in 4-3-3. Reo-Coker and Koffie should do well to break up TFC attack through the middle.

Caps 'weakness' is relatively old defence corps, with Rochat being the youngest at 30. But collectively, they have a lot of experience and smart. If TFC is going to get anything, it's going to be on a counter or a set piece.

ryan
02-25-2013, 11:16 AM
TFC 4 - Shitcaps 0

Cause, why not?

ManUtd4ever
02-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Based on our current roster, and taking match fitness into account, I would roll with the kids on Saturday...

-----------------Bendik------------------

Eckersley--Agbossoumonde--O'Dea--Russell

Lambe-----Cesar-----Bekker-----Welshman

------------------Silva-------------------

-----------------Bennett-----------------

PopePouri
02-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Based on our current roster, and taking match fitness into account, I would roll with the kids on Saturday...

-----------------Bendik------------------

Eckersley--Abossoumonde--O'Dea--Russell

Lambe-----Cesar----Bekker-----Welshman

-----------------Silva-------------------

----------------Bennett-----------------

This. I'd prefer Bennett to Morgan.

T-boy
02-25-2013, 01:22 PM
I'd be happy if TFC keep this within 3 goals! Anything more is going to be a bonus! And scoring an actual goal will be a big bonus! Anything more will be a miracle! But stranger things have happened, I guess!

DangerRed
02-25-2013, 01:30 PM
We're going to get smoked like a pipe.

Fort York Redcoat
02-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Just improve on the first time we opened there, please.

Yohan
02-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Just improve on the first time we opened there, please.
at least TFC was able to score 2 goals that time... I get a feeling that if TFC does score, it's accident rather than design...

Stress
02-25-2013, 01:55 PM
The early odds from the bookies are: 1.72 (VAN) 3.50 (DRAW) 5.00 (TOR).

Seems a bit generous for those interested in backing Vancouver. Montreal is 6.00 away to Seattle and I'd expect that to be a tougher call than this game considering our current state.

Marc"2L"
02-25-2013, 02:00 PM
So, 2pm probably no news today.

Is this actually happening?

Gazza
02-25-2013, 02:04 PM
I predict 0-0. Nigel Reo-Cokehead get's sent off in his quest to adjust to the MLS game.

DangerRed
02-25-2013, 02:16 PM
It's a road game to open the season. Even if we had a firm, MLS-level starting XI, we'd still lose because it's a fact that no one wins away games in MLS.*

*unless playing at BMO Field

mastermixer
02-25-2013, 02:29 PM
So, 2pm probably no news today.

Is this actually happening?

I think the team has a day off today and will be back training tomorrow.

Richard
02-25-2013, 02:42 PM
It's a road game to open the season. Even if we had a firm, MLS-level starting XI, we'd still lose because it's a fact that no one wins away games in MLS.*

*unless playing at BMO Field

Remember thos days when a home game was a gauranteed no loss day, I miss them. :(

Yagbod
02-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Prediction: Shitecaps: 4, TFC 0 with a disallowed goal for Van Shitty to boot.

mcolvy
02-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Prediction: Shitecaps: 4, TFC 0 with a disallowed goal for Van Shitty to boot.

Eckersley-Califf-Odea-_______

Lambe-Cesar-Hall-Welshman

Silva-Morgan

Were going to get destroyed....

Captain
02-25-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm going to go with 4-1 for Van with our goal being scored on a penelty. That's the most hope I can pull together for this one.

OgtheDim
02-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Who would you pick out of that lot to be our captain?

Cesar?

Odea?

Silva?

CommradePolski
02-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Are T.Morgan and Bennett actually signed and under contract?

jloome
02-25-2013, 03:01 PM

Cesar?

Odea?

Silva?

Whatever else happens, I don't think we'll give up four goals. The static nature of our shape in pre-season suggests we wont' give up a lot of goals, just have trouble scoring them.

I'd also note that we did score three against KC in preseason; these players may largely be second-string or youth, but they're not incompetent. Pros against pros, anyone can win on the night.

Realistically, I'd say 1-0 Vancouver. I don't think Vancouver's speed is the big factor, as we're going to sit back and play counterattack (there's no way Nelsen plays a high line against Darren Mattocks and Manneh/Hurtado/Camilo (or whoever starts on the other side).

Ivy
02-25-2013, 03:16 PM
3 against Orlando.. 0 against KC.
edit: sorry, forgot the scrimmage :)

Jpexxx
02-25-2013, 03:19 PM
3 against Orlando.. 0 against KC.

They played KC twice... One of those games Bennett nabbed a brace.. come from behind 3-3 draw.

Ivy
02-25-2013, 03:20 PM
I edited, forgot about that game. It was cut short too no?

Nerepis
02-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Ah, the first pregame thread of the year what a beautiful sight.

Richard
02-25-2013, 04:19 PM

Cesar?

Odea?

Silva?

Odea or Dunfield if he starts. Odea has captained Celtic and has good leadership qualities. While Dunfield lacks the skills he has heart and desire, he is a good role model especially for the younger players to follow.

mcolvy
02-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Odea or Dunfield if he starts. Odea has captained Celtic and has good leadership qualities. While Dunfield lacks the skills he has heart and desire, he is a good role model especially for the younger players to follow.

Odea is a simple guy. He has leadership qualities, but I dont see him as the captain of this team. He isnt fierce enough. I see Frei, when he returns, as our captain. A vocal guy with a great attitude. He deserves it. Hes also extremely loyal. So if Frei doesnt start then dont jump to make a big deal of who wears the armband.

colman1860
02-25-2013, 04:56 PM
It's actually unbelievable what a joke we are as a franchise. It's not just that the ball hasn't bounced our way for six years, we've been woefully unprepared for EVERY SINGLE SEASON except the one after the DeRo trade. Now I realize that Payne/Nelson should be given some rope, as they only just got here, but it's incredibly frustrating as a fan to have endured so much futility. How can we not have an MLS ready roster six days before the opener???

ManUtd4ever
02-25-2013, 05:00 PM
It's actually unbelievable what a joke we are as a franchise. It's not just that the ball hasn't bounced our way for six years, we've been woefully unprepared for EVERY SINGLE SEASON except the one after the DeRo trade. Now I realize that Payne/Nelson should be given some rope, as they only just got here, but it's incredibly frustrating as a fan to have endured so much futility. How can we not have an MLS ready roster six days before the opener???

Let's give a seasoned MLS executive with the pedigree of Kevin Payne the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure he's well aware of the optics of the situation at the moment, and I'm even more certain that the reason for it is because he is doing his due diligence behind the scenes.

jloome
02-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Odea is a simple guy. He has leadership qualities, but I dont see him as the captain of this team. He isnt fierce enough. I see Frei, when he returns, as our captain. A vocal guy with a great attitude. He deserves it. Hes also extremely loyal. So if Frei doesnt start then dont jump to make a big deal of who wears the armband.

O'Dea is absolutely fierce. It's how he got the "Odear" nickname in the UK, after a string of reds and yellows. And he barks constantly at the other players.

My concern is whether he's good enough. For MLS, he certainly seems positionally good so far, not too prone to getting caught up.

ryan
02-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Quick thoughts, not really tied into my silly predicition...

1) Are we better or worse defensively, than last year? I would argue improved.

2) Vancouver scored 35 goals in 34 matches last year. Yeah they improved, but will it all click in the first match? I'm not so sure.

I don't know if we're going to get run over like some fear. Likely get beaten, but blown out? I think it's just as likely we steal a point as the odds we lose this match 4-0.

Yohan
02-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Quick thoughts, not really tied into my silly predicition...

1) Are we better or worse defensively, than last year? I would argue improved.

2) Vancouver scored 35 goals in 34 matches last year. Yeah they improved, but will it all click in the first match? I'm not so sure.

I don't know if we're going to get run over like some fear. Likely get beaten, but blown out? I think it's just as likely we steal a point as the odds we lose this match 4-0.
well, depends on whether Mattocks scores 3 goals in 15 mins like he did against the Revs in pre season...

colman1860
02-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Let's give a seasoned MLS executive with the pedigree of Kevin Payne the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure he's well aware of the optics of the situation at the moment, and I'm even more certain that the reason for it is because he is doing his due diligence behind the scenes.

I don't disagree - I don't think the current mess is really Payne's fault, and of course he should be given some time. I'm more commenting on the fact that as a fanbase, we're had to endure this six out of seven seasons (I suppose the expansion season can be excused also).

cochrdoc
02-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Payne has done a good job so far except bring in players.He talked about looking south and the only name we have heard so far is from England .Between Braun,Wiedeman and I hope they do not sign Morgan,they might get a few goals.If we are going to sign an international,we need a starter.We are going to see alot of guys who started last year .We need to make them depth players and bring in starters

tfcleeds
02-25-2013, 05:48 PM
I don't disagree that it's frustrating not having a complete roster AGAIN to start the season. However, in the past, we'd have just gone along and signed all our triallists without much consideration whether they really fit the team or were good enough - it just seemed to be done out of full-fledged panic. I'd rather take our lumps to start the season, and wait to bring in quality players, even if it means having to wait for a few weeks.

Stress
02-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Payne has done a good job so far except bring in players.He talked about looking south and the only name we have heard so far is from England .Between Braun,Wiedeman and I hope they do not sign Morgan,they might get a few goals.If we are going to sign an international,we need a starter.We are going to see alot of guys who started last year .We need to make them depth players and bring in starters

To be fair, the first players mentioned were the Hondurans. My guess is we are still negotiating with 1 or 2 or those opportunities are over and Ryan's UK connections were plan B.

My biggest fear right now is them making some rash decisions/signings based on First Kick pressure. From what I've heard from Payne though, it sounds like he's smarter than that and willing to take his time.

sully
02-25-2013, 06:05 PM
a respectable scoreline is my hope. I cant see anything but a loss here. Sad

Alonso
02-26-2013, 03:37 AM
I don't disagree - I don't think the current mess is really Payne's fault, and of course he should be given some time. I'm more commenting on the fact that as a fanbase, we're had to endure this six out of seven seasons (I suppose the expansion season can be excused also).

I don't know... I don't think it can be excused at all in any season.

Payne has had 2.75 months to throw this together so I don't think this is his fault either. This mess and crunch of time and reason for the scramble to put some decent pieces together REST SQUARELY ON MLSE and ANSELMI. They are the ones who took there sweet time to get the president and GM instated. 6.5 years by my watch, or at the very least two months after Winter was excused.

In my opinion their is one thing that I am certain of. If Payne is around next year and the next, and hopefully the next after that, this will not be an issue. We will have an 85% complete squad ready for preseason, with the 15% being open for a summer transfer addition or a final piece being hunted.

Morlesio14
02-26-2013, 08:07 AM
I don't know... I don't think it can be excused at all in any season.

Payne has had 2.75 months to throw this together so I don't think this is his fault either. This mess and crunch of time and reason for the scramble to put some decent pieces together REST SQUARELY ON MLSE and ANSELMI. They are the ones who took there sweet time to get the president and GM instated. 6.5 years by my watch, or at the very least two months after Winter was excused.

In my opinion their is one thing that I am certain of. If Payne is around next year and the next, and hopefully the next after that, this will not be an issue. We will have an 85% complete squad ready for preseason, with the 15% being open for a summer transfer addition or a final 5 pieces being hunted.

I fixed it for you

KGH
02-27-2013, 12:50 PM

I love quoting myself. With the addition of Hogan I think we'll start:

---Lambe----Silva----Ephraim---

Russell still isnt signed so I'm not sure who'll be starting at left back considering both Emory and Morgan are hurt. Might actually be why LBB is still in camp

Yohan
02-27-2013, 12:54 PM

Russell still isnt signed so I'm not sure who'll be starting at left back considering both Emory and Morgan are hurt. Might actually be why LBB is still in camp
Of signed players, likely Stinson or Hall. Unlikely but O'Dea can play LB. Is trialist Justin Davis still in camp?

PopePouri
02-27-2013, 01:25 PM
My guess:

--Ecks--Calif---Odea---Stinson-
-Lambe--Cesar--Dunfield--Ephraim-
---------------Silva---------------
-------------Bennett-------------

Brooker
02-28-2013, 03:29 PM
http://d1w7nqlfxfj094.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/1267874_o.gif

Bluenose13
02-28-2013, 03:47 PM
My guess:

--Ecks--Calif---Odea---Stinson-
-Lambe--Cesar--Dunfield--Ephraim-
---------------Silva---------------
-------------Bennett-------------I think Bekker will end up starting, Silva will play, so not sure how he will manage that.

dmacd
02-28-2013, 03:53 PM
At the kickoff event this week, Ashtone Morgan seemed hopeful that he would be cleared to play in the opener. If not, it'll be Hall or Russell (if his paperwork goes through - sources are reporting that he's signed).

For those putting Bennett at striker, I don't think he's signed yet and Payne said they were "still deciding" on him - not a ringing endorsement of confidence. Even if he does sign, no way they'd start him over Morgan.

I think KGH's guess is spot on, replacing Russell with Hall if Russell isn't signed or cleared.

Smokecell
02-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Earnshaw signed as per Luke Wileman and Earnshaw's twitter

Graeme
02-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Actually getting excited now...how about this?

--------------Bendik---------------------
--Ecks-----Califf---O’Dea---Morgan-
-Russell---Cesar--Bekker--Ephraim-
----------Silva----------------------------
----------------------Earnshaw----------

Initial B
02-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Doesn't matter who we sign at this point. Few of these players played together in preseason and they have zero chemistry at this point.

I'm calling 4-0 for Vancouver.

Smokecell
02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Word is Earnshaw is not match fit however so he will not be expected in the lineup at vancouver.

notthesun
02-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Yup, Earnshaw hasn't played in a bit, I still expect Morgan to start, with Earnshaw perhaps getting 15 minutes as a late sub.

I also have a feeling that we will not sign Bennett (just pure speculation on my part), which I wouldn't mind at all.

Ultra & Proud
02-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Actually getting excited now...how about this?

--------------Bendik---------------------
--Ecks-----Califf---O’Dea---Morgan-
-Russell---Cesar--Bekker--Ephraim-
----------Silva----------------------------
----------------------Earnshaw----------

Yeah Earnshaw isn't match fit so he'll be out. If Wileman is right and paperwork goes through I would imagine seeing Bostock in there instead of Bekker too.

--Ecks--Calif---Odea---Russell-
------------Cesar---------------
-Lambe-----Bostock-----Ephraim-
--------Silva---------------------
-------------Morgan-------------

dmacd
02-28-2013, 04:45 PM
He's a punching bag around here, but I'm pretty sure Dunfield will be in there at least until some of the new additions get more match fit and chemistry with the team. Bekker as much as conceded when I talked to him that he's likely to spell Silva as a substitute CAM to start the season. If he does start, I have to think it would be in place of Lambe in some other formation.

Brooker
02-28-2013, 05:05 PM
Looking at all these possible lineups reminds me that I hate this time of year.

So many new faces to get familiar with only for them to be gone this time next year.

rocktml
02-28-2013, 05:52 PM
what happen to frei?

notthesun
02-28-2013, 05:56 PM
what happen to frei?

Broken nose, he's out for this weekend. He may be out for next week, but beyond that he'll be back in the starting lineup.

JayMolly
02-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Looking at all these possible lineups reminds me that I hate this time of year.

So many new faces to get familiar with only for them to be gone this time next year.

My thoughts exactly . . . Can't wait for the first game on Saturday. Believe I know most of the Van roster but a lot of changes for TFC - sure need a program to start our season. Oh well, no Payne, no gain.

KGH
02-28-2013, 10:25 PM

So Morgan looks back to 100%. The other thing I could see happening is Silva playing up top with Bekker behind him.

--Ecks--Calif---Odea---Morgan--
---Lambe--Bekker---Ephraim---
---------------Silva --------------

I could see earnshaw subbing at 60 (assuming we have his transfer stuff done) for Lambe pushing Silva back and Bekker over.

I don't see us scoring that much with that line up but I hope I'm wrong. 1-0 for the bad guys on a set piece.

Red I
03-01-2013, 01:15 PM
------Caeser-----Dunfield/Russell--------
---Lambe------Silva------Ephraim---
-------------Earnshaw --------------

...With all the new signings, thinking this may be the starting XI... wouldn't be surprised if Bekker started ahead of Lambe

ryan
03-01-2013, 01:15 PM
We fucking play tomorrow WAHOOOOOOO

ManUtd4ever
03-01-2013, 01:25 PM
------Caeser-----Dunfield/Russell--------
---Lambe------Silva------Ephraim---
-------------Earnshaw --------------

...With all the new signings, thinking this may be the starting XI... wouldn't be surprised if Bekker started ahead of Lambe

Aside from their unfamiliarity with each other, this lineup looks considerably stronger than the mock lineups we were contemplating a few days ago.

cochrdoc
03-01-2013, 01:39 PM
I can see Russel and Cesar as our DM`s.That would bring Dunfield off the bench.The line-up is starting to look better.How is Morgan`s injury.Russel can drop back there if he is not ready to go.Do we know who is in Vancouver

OgtheDim
03-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I believe Earnshaw isn't fit, and not likely to get clearance in time.

I hope to see him sub in at half time against KC.

Richard
03-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Could someone recap all the signings made since Monday's presser. Payne said we would have more bodies for Saturday yet all I see is an unfit player. The roster threads needs an update too.

Stress
03-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Could someone recap all the signings made since Monday's presser. Payne said we would have more bodies for Saturday yet all I see is an unfit player. The roster threads needs an update too.

Although Hogan Ephraim, and Robert Earnshaw could be unfit (travelling over from the UK), Russell (MF), Morgan (F), Bennet (F), and Osorio (MF) were all in camp so you can assume they are fit enough to take part if all the necessary paperwork is complete.

gdg_9
03-01-2013, 02:03 PM

Signed this week:
Ephraim (On Loan)
Earnshaw
Russell
Morgan
Bennet
Osorio

Richard
03-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks.

Yohan
03-01-2013, 02:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_FC#Current_roster

TOBOR !
03-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Remember thos days when a home game was a gauranteed no loss day, I miss them. :(

which club ?

notthesun
03-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Silva, Braun, and Frei didn't travel. (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/307610453641674752)

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

edit: Bostock is there (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/307611336026771456), still not signed. Game day signing?

We're absolutely screwed without Silva, shit.

edit 2: Cesar (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/307611998357696512) also not there apparently. What the hell is going on...

notthesun
03-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Well given the news, time to update the likely starting lineup again. Yikes.

What I'd go with:

Bendik
Eckersley---Califf---O'Dea---A. Morgan
Russell---Osorio
Lambe---Bekker---Ephraim
T. Morgan

Subs: Roberts, Agbossoumonde, Hall, Dunfield, Welshman, Wiedeman, Earnshaw (replace with Bennett if he isn't fit enough)

But I know that probably won't happen. Dunfield will probably start (sigh) with Russell, unless Russell isn't ready, in which case most likely Dunfield and Hall (sigh).

With Silva out, can't see anyone other than Bekker slotting in in his place. Only other possibility for me is if we sign Bostock by then, but he'd probably sub on if anything.

Good lord this is going to be one of the weakest First Kick lineups we've ever put out. Really worried we're going to get thumped...

reggie
03-01-2013, 05:23 PM
i know we can never get a break....3 out of 11 starters are out,im sure van will have a full lineup...jeezz

Ajax TFC
03-01-2013, 05:28 PM

What I'd go with:

Bendik
Russell---Osorio
Lambe---Bekker---Ephraim
T. Morgan

Subs: Roberts, Agbossoumonde, Hall, Dunfield, Welshman, Wiedeman, Earnshaw (replace with Bennett if he isn't fit enough)
[/QUOTE]
What about Cesar? is he injured now as well?

does anyone know who's actually available for this game? Are Ephraim or Earnshaw match fit?

reggie
03-01-2013, 05:29 PM

What I'd go with:

Bendik
Russell---Osorio
Lambe---Bekker---Ephraim
T. Morgan

But I know that probably won't happen. Dunfield will probably start (sigh) with Russell, unless Russell isn't ready, in which case most likely Dunfield and Hall (sigh).

With Silva out, can't see anyone other than Bekker slotting in in his place. Only other possibility for me is if we sign Bostock by then, but he'd probably sub on if anything.

Good lord this is going to be one of the weakest First Kick lineups we've ever put out. Really worried we're going to get thumped...

im with you..but i think dunny starts..so maybe we will be starting 3 or 4 canadians,how many van start..nil...fffking wankers...

veenstram
03-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Earnshaw likely not fit. Ephraim fit but pending receipt of International Transfer certificate. With signings, minus injuries, our roster in vancouver is at 23 players, at least one of whom is not yet fit, four of which have never played a professional club game.
Tomorrow may be rough.

notthesun
03-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Yes, Cesar is injured. He didn't even travel according to Larson.

I believe Ephraim is match fit because I haven't heard anything at all to the contrary. The issue with him is getting his ITC (perhaps Earnshaw as well, not sure). Earnshaw is reportedly not match fit, but Larson also tweeted this (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/307616793562845186), so who knows. We'll have to see.

I don't even want to think about it if Ephraim can't play.

edit: As per Larson's twitter: Ephraim available tomorrow, Earnshaw feels 70% fit and there's a 50% chance on getting his papers in time for him to play. Nelsen not afraid to play either of them.

AlanO
03-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Silva's injury is a big blow, but I'd say Cesar's absence is an even bigger loss. I'm expecting something like this..

------------Bendik--------------
Eckersley--Califf--O'Dea--A.Morgan
Bekker--Dunfield--Russell--Ephraim
------Earnshaw--T.Morgan------

Bench: Roberts, Boss, Stinson, Osorio, Lambe (or Bostock if he signs), Bennett, Wiedeman

Yikes.

ag futbol
03-01-2013, 06:54 PM
im with you..but i think dunny starts..so maybe we will be starting 3 or 4 canadians,how many van start..nil...fffking wankers...
I smell a banner in the making for the home match against VWFC :rofl:

I fully approve of the proposed lineup BTW. Maybe Osorio comes on as a 60 min sub but he should definitely see the field.

pawlukj
03-01-2013, 07:09 PM
since there are so many new faces and we are undera new head coach , i dont know what to expect but it cant be as bad as last year, and since last year we were all calling for a full rebuild.. well we sort of got it, so lets cheer on the reds with optimisim and spirit rather than hoping they lose, the buzz in the air at the stadiums can make a big difference for the players on the field

reggie
03-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Earnshaw did say he is about 70% fit....its a matter of paperwork..

jloome
03-01-2013, 08:17 PM
I figure if their certificates are here we'll see both tomorrow, just not for 90 mins.

What the hell, go for broke and play some youth. At least they'll be hungry to prove themselves:

---------Bendik----------
--Ecks--Califf--Odea--Morgan

---Dunfield----Russell--------
---------Osorio------------
Lambe-----------Ephraim (or Welshman if rqd.)
--------Earnshaw (give him 60 and then bring in Bennett)

Either way, I'd start Earnshaw/Bennett over Morgan for this, as Vanny will be trying to push high all game and both are good at getting behind a defence. I'd normally not conceive of playing Dunfield by with Cesar out and them projecting Bekker as more of an offensive mid, I have to concede he looked ready in pre season.

Osorio's really creative; we need at least one person on the field who can throw a wrench into the expected.

notthesun
03-01-2013, 08:27 PM
I get the feeling that Morgan is ahead of Bennett in the pecking order right now. If I had to bet I'd say Morgan plays over him.

Curious though why you'd start Osorio ahead of Bekker in a central midfield role. I'm really looking forward to seeing Osorio play for us but not so much that I'd pick him over Bekker.

andmat
03-01-2013, 09:07 PM
---------Bendik----------
--Ecks--Califf--Odea--Morgan

---Bekker----Russell--------
---------Osorio------------
Bennett-----------Ephraim
-------Earnshaw

andmat
03-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Is Captain Henry injured? or did he make the trip? He got injured in the WCQ

Soccerpro
03-01-2013, 10:35 PM
I don't care what the score is tomorrow, I just can't take another year of watching Terry Dunfield.

mowe
03-01-2013, 10:52 PM
I don't care what the score is tomorrow, I just can't take another year of watching Terry Dunfield.

This. But our midfield situation is dire. Unfortunately I think he gets the start.

My predicted front 6 looks like:

Bekker--Russel--Dunfield--Ephraim
Weideman---Morgan

It'd be a small miracle if we score a goal.

daner90
03-01-2013, 11:14 PM

I can't stand Dunny either but would prefer him over J. Hall any day

barticusz
03-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Duncefield is a menace to my vision and health. Retirement suits him.

Brooker
03-02-2013, 03:07 AM
Ryyyyyyan Nelsen's
All Red Army!

Ryyyyyyan Nelsen's
All Red Army!

GBV
03-02-2013, 05:44 AM
Betting line (Pinnacle Sports):

Vancouver: -140
Draw: +279
Toronto: +448

Over/under: 2.5 under -125

HuTor
03-02-2013, 05:56 AM
Betting lines at 5Dimes:

Toronto +424
Whitecaps -136
Draw +267

Over 2.5 +111
Under 2.5 -126

So bookies are seeing this one as the Shitecaps being big favs and a low scoring game.

Time to make some nice cash by betting the X 2 ? g:D
Or is this advisable just for some of us who are pathological cool-aid drinkers?

Petor
03-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Betting line (Pinnacle Sports):

Vancouver: -140
Draw: +279
Toronto: +448

Over/under: 2.5 under -125

MLS is on PRO-LINE as well...

6:30PM
SCR
TOR
VAN

DOMIN8R
03-02-2013, 06:56 AM
Just watched the scouting report on the Caps. They're very intimidating in the depth and breadth of attacking options. I'm more than a little worried.

Also, wouldn't the turf be a factor for a few of the new recruits?

Come on you Reds.

HuTor
03-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Also, wouldn't the turf be a factor for a few of the new recruits?

Sure it will be!
Maybe some of these new guys never ever played on artificial shit turf.

denime
03-02-2013, 08:06 AM

You are not alone,that's for sure.

tfc007
03-02-2013, 08:06 AM
I will say Vancouver3-1 win.

DOMIN8R
03-02-2013, 08:10 AM
The good news is that MLS Power Rankings has us in last place. I guarantee that we will not fall any lower. You heard it here first!

ensco
03-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Does anyone out there have any idea who Nelsen is going to play today? In what formation? Has any journalist asked Nelsen this?

Very good chance we get smoked today. It could be bad.

tfcleeds
03-02-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm just glad we have enough players to field a team.

Joe Kool
03-02-2013, 09:17 AM
You can guarantee that the Whitecaps know they are heavy favourites and our issue with injuries and lack of fitness/depth so I am hoping they are a little over confident in this one thinking they win just for showing up. Seen that bite the biggest teams in the ass from time to time so why not Vancouver. I just hope we don't get killed and have a decent showing with no more injuries on the plastic pitch.

19Barrett19
03-02-2013, 10:29 AM
I actually think TFC ties this Game 2-2 we will suprise VWC today
--------------Bendik----------------
Eks------Calif-----O'dea----Morgan
--------Dunfield--Russel----------
Lambe-------Bekker--------Ephraim
------------Earnshaw------------

Subs:
Osorio
Hall
Morgan
Bennett
Roberts
Agbossamounde

Pint
03-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Do Ephriam and Earnshaw have transfer certificates yet? are the able to play today?

Bluenose13
03-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Do Ephriam and Earnshaw have transfer certificates yet? are the able to play today?
Ephriam yes, Earnshaw not yet but they are hoping it comes through.

Platts
03-02-2013, 10:39 AM
If the groundhog wakes up today and sees his shadow does that mean we are a complete shambles at the beginning of the season?
OR
If the groundhog DOESN'T see his shadow, does that mean we are a complete shambles at the beginning of the season?

I just need to know what the weather is going to be like today

3-0 VWC with 1 penalty.

ensco
03-02-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't care what the score is. I'm watching particular guys. Is O'Dea worth it? Can Califf still play?

The guy I am most interested to watch today is Silva. Nelsen needs him. The DCU team he was captain of had a stud young midfield (Gomez, Carroll, Olsen, Kovalenko).

I have no idea why the people posting lineups above left him out.

ManUtd4ever
03-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Silva stayed in Toronto with an injury unfortunately.

jloome
03-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Silva stayed in Toronto with an injury unfortunately.

I'm less pessimistic than a lot of people here. Our defense shouldn't be sieve, we have at least one decent midfielder in Russel, we have some exiciting young talent. I know they haven't gelled yet, but these aren't "class apart" players for the most part.

Yeah, we'll probably lose, but I don't expect a blowout. Maybe we get lucky and snag a draw.

Walms
03-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Today a Tie will feel like a Win for me, Im mostly looking to see how new players fit in with the returning squad and how O'dea and Califf stand up in the back

tfcleeds
03-02-2013, 11:08 AM
I say we'll lose 2-0. It won't be the blowout some are expecting, but Vancouver just have too much talent vis-a-vis our mostly inexperienced lineup not to get the full 3 points today. If players like Earnshaw and Ephraim were fully match fit, I might think we'd be able to offer something offensively, but I just don't see it happening today.

ManUtd4ever
03-02-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm less pessimistic than a lot of people here. Our defense shouldn't be sieve, we have at least one decent midfielder in Russel, we have some exiciting young talent. I know they haven't gelled yet, but these aren't "class apart" players for the most part.

Yeah, we'll probably lose, but I don't expect a blowout. Maybe we get lucky and snag a draw.

Agreed.

notthesun
03-02-2013, 11:51 AM
2-1 TFC. Taylor Morgan off a corner kick, Bekker with a wonder free kick. Mattocks scores for the Whitecraps but also hits the post twice and we escape with a famous victory.

:p

HuTor
03-02-2013, 12:06 PM
3-1 TFC.

You hear it here first time.

:scarf: :flare: :drum:

Gazza
03-02-2013, 12:10 PM
I'll re-iterate, Nigel Reo-Coker is going to find out quickly what it's like to play with MLS refs. He'll be sent off. The Reds sneak out of there with a draw.

brad
03-02-2013, 12:11 PM
3-0 Vancouver. We don't have the pieces to be competitive yet.

Kaz
03-02-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm going to be optimistic... 0-0 or 1-1... (if it goes scoreless after 20 minutes)

I think Vancouver might see Toronto as being a cake walk and be overly confident and make mistakes...

I can only hope.

Ivy
03-02-2013, 01:04 PM
To be honest, I'll be relatively happy even if we lose, as long as we put on a good show, or not blow a tie game in the last 15 minutes.

bigredone
03-02-2013, 01:20 PM
To be honest, I'll be relatively happy even if we lose, as long as we put on a good show, or not blow a tie game in the last 15 minutes.

I am with ya! A victory would be unthinkable. I predict a tie with lady luck on our side screwing the shit caps.

Happiness from this game will not be hard to come by. A glimmer of hope in the form of chemistry or some spurts of decent skill would satisfy considering the rebuild.

Ah, hope! MLSE has taught us to appreciate it.

themodelcitizen
03-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Heading downtown in a little bit to meet the other displaced/travelling TO fans here in Van. Will fly the flag proudly and try to get on TV. If/when we score a goal to tie or lead the game... will be pandemonium in the away end!

Ivy
03-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Heading downtown in a little bit to meet the other displaced/travelling TO fans here in Van. Will fly the flag proudly and try to get on TV. If/when we score a goal to tie or lead the game... will be pandemonium in the away end!
Lucky guy!! Make sure we hear you on TV.

ManUtd4ever
03-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Vancouver was one of the lowest scoring teams in the league last season, especially after their mid season makeover. If Nelsen deploys a conservative approach and TFC can capitalize on the counter attack, anything can happen. The outcome will likely depend on our backline and their ability to handle the pace of the Whitecaps forwards.

ensco
03-02-2013, 01:51 PM
I think 12 of Mariner's 18 from the last few games of last year are gone (if you count Hassli and Frings as part of Mariner's 18).

This is a rohrschach test. Your expectations for this game says more about you than about the team!

Richard
03-02-2013, 01:54 PM
My head says we loose 2-0. I dont think our D is bad but we have no chemistry, we wil get punished because of this.

Going to be hard figuring out who is who today, so many new faces.

Ivy
03-02-2013, 02:05 PM

@DJKid_A: @U_Sector @RedPatchBoys group of #TFC fans in Van are meeting at Yaletown Brewing Company if you know of anyone looking for a friendly place

Thought you might be interested :)

ChrisFizik
03-02-2013, 02:06 PM
on the ground in Vancouver - got some breakfast (essential to survive today) and packed and ready to head out for the meetup. Hyped but only mild expectations for a result. A goal would be nice so we can do some celebrating in our end.

http://i.imgur.com/b8g516K.jpg

ag futbol
03-02-2013, 02:22 PM
I get the feeling that Morgan is ahead of Bennett in the pecking order right now. If I had to bet I'd say Morgan plays over him.

Curious though why you'd start Osorio ahead of Bekker in a central midfield role. I'm really looking forward to seeing Osorio play for us but not so much that I'd pick him over Bekker.
From what I've seen in pre-season, Osirio appears to be more adjusted to the MLS style of play than Bekker is. It'll probably take Bekker a little bit longer to be ready to start.

denime
03-02-2013, 02:33 PM
From what I've seen in pre-season, Osirio appears to be more adjusted to the MLS style of play than Bekker is. It'll probably take Bekker a little bit longer to be ready to start.

Disagree,Bekker is closest to MLS level then any other player we signed from all drafts this year,he is favorite to win MLS rookie of the year and if he had European passport he would be now with Crystal Palace.Few fancy moves and goal in preseason does not make Ossorio ready to play in MLS.

Abou Sky
03-02-2013, 02:37 PM
On paper the Whitecaps have the stronger roster at this stage.

Good thing the game is played on grass/turf ;)

I am an eternal optimist, 2-1 TFC, Becker and Silva shine

notthesun
03-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Good thing the game is played on grass/turf ;)

I am an eternal optimist, 2-1 TFC, Becker and Silva shine

No Silva, he's injured and didn't travel.

Abou Sky
03-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Fuck a duck

rocktml
03-02-2013, 03:12 PM
I am pumped!!!!!

Tfc! Tfc!

ag futbol
03-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Disagree,Bekker is closest to MLS level then any other player we signed from all drafts this year,he is favorite to win MLS rookie of the year and if he had European passport he would be now with Crystal Palace.Few fancy moves and goal in preseason does not make Ossorio ready to play in MLS.
I'm not so sure. He seems to be a little light defensively. The other thing I find is that despite being an excellent passer of the ball, he's sometimes forcing his passes in situations where it's not the best option. It shows up a lot when he's playing as an AM or just underneath the striker. Not fatal flaws, but adjustments to be made for sure.

Not caught up with Osirio's footwork and goals. Just his ability to pick the ball up off the backline and keep things tidy across the midfield. He's composed on the ball at a level I haven't seen from Bekker to date. So despite not being as tidy of a passer, he can put himself in better situations to release the ball because his game seems more well rounded.

I am excited for bekker, but I think the kid is going to need time. I wouldn't read too much into scouting reports and expectations because there's a lot of uncertainty around those at this point.

Cashcleaner
03-02-2013, 03:55 PM
I can't fully explain why, but the reality of the game today just actually hit me about five minutes ago. My Dad just called me up and asked what I was doing today, and only when I told him about the game did on dawn on me that we've got the start of a new season in just a few hours.

:scarf: :flare:C'MON YOU REDS!!!!! :flare: :scarf:

jloome
03-02-2013, 04:07 PM
I can't fully explain why, but the reality of the game today just actually hit me about five minutes ago. My Dad just called me up and asked what I was doing today and only when I told him about the game did on dawn on me that we've got the start of a new season in just a few hours.

:scarf: :flare:C'MON YOU REDS!!!!! :flare: :scarf:

Hey man, I've been salivating like a welshman in a desert over a pint of lager for this season to start. Got my Matchday live accoutn setup on my iPad, streaming the philly-kc game to the big screen right now. Game one of several!

notthesun
03-02-2013, 04:40 PM
If we can survive the first 25 minutes I think we have a shot at a tie. An early goal would be killer. This one's going to be all about staying compact and composed in our own half.

I'm banking on a wonder goal for us to get on the board. Bekker free kick, Ephraim run past 3 defenders, Earnshaw stoppage time super sub winner. I'm fine with any. Let's do it. g:D

billyfly
03-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Let's win this shit!

Jpexxx
03-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc)
#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) XI: Bendik; Eckersley, Califf, O'Dea, Morgan; Lambe, Dunfield, Hall, Ephraim; Bekker, Earnshaw.. #TFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFClive&src=hash) #MLS (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MLS&src=hash)

Pumped for Bekker. My age from my hometown. Tons of mutual friends.
Pumped to see what Earnshaw can bring to the team.

Richard
03-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Suprised Earnshaw got the start considering he is unfit and its turf.

notthesun
03-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Called it other than Earnshaw starting. We'll see what he can do at his fitness.

Hoping for Osorio and T. Morgan to get minutes.

AlanO
03-02-2013, 05:39 PM
#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) XI: Bendik; Eckersley, Califf, O'Dea, Morgan; Lambe, Dunfield, Hall, Ephraim; Bekker, Earnshaw.. #TFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFClive&src=hash) #MLS (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MLS&src=hash)

Hall is a starting CM?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Jeff s
03-02-2013, 05:42 PM

Pumped for Bekker. My age from my hometown. Tons of mutual friends.
Pumped to see what Earnshaw can bring to the team.

Omg... I don't think we're gonna see the Caps gk all game.

sully
03-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Quick question: the game is on regular TSN, right? Not TSN 2 etc..

[NBF]
03-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Hall is a starting CM?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: New year, new deck...

Terry "Leader of Men" Dunfield is the new Frings and Hall is the new Terry-err.:michael:spin spin

mowe
03-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Dunfield and Hall in the midfield ... this could get ugly.

But I'll be damned if I'm not excited! New season starts today boys!

Jpexxx
03-02-2013, 05:57 PM
#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) substitutes: Roberts; Agbossoumonde, Russell, Osorio, Welshman, Wiedeman, T. Morgan.. #TFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFClive&src=hash)

Ivy
03-02-2013, 05:58 PM
WHAT is it that these people see in Hall?? Pleaseeeee someone explain to me. Since he started, he hasn't had a single good game. His dad must be friends with somebody.

ArmenJBX
03-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Hall isn't terrible. I'll predict we don't hear much about him today. Just a heads down, do your job kinda midfielder.

Gazza
03-02-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm glad the fitness excuse isn't being used on Earnshaw. I doubt he's been lounging on a beach somewhere sipping fruity rum drinks. We're going to need all the offense we can muster out of this line-up. Match fit or not, he's our only option going forward. Hopefully he's up for it.

Let's have it!

Ivy
03-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Hall isn't terrible. I'll predict we don't hear much about him today. Just a heads down kinda midfielder.
corrected.
You would start Hall over Bekker? Or even Osorio?

mowe
03-02-2013, 06:06 PM
#VWFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23VWFC&src=hash) XI: Cannon; Lee, DeMerit, O'Brien, Rochat; Koffie, Davidson; Kobayashi, Manneh, Miller; Mattocks

That is a daunting attack force. Let's hope all that focus on defense pays off.

Ajax TFC
03-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Our only hope is that Bekker can compensate for Hall and Dunfield and feed the attackers.

My biggest reason for optimism is that Nelsen likes to play with a compact team, which should neutralize the athleticism of the Vancouver attackers. Not to meantion that our fullback shouldn't be too bothered by fast forwards

ArmenJBX
03-02-2013, 06:17 PM
corrected.

Bekker is playing, though, as a CAM. Hall is fine, for now. He has an easy job in a 4-5-1, just distribute. It's Reggie Lambe I'm worried about.

Let's see what happens.

KGH
03-02-2013, 06:17 PM
If the broadcast gets delayed because of curling I'm going to lose my shit

Couchy81
03-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Hoping for a win, happy with a tie. TFC is back and I'm glad that winter is over.

SirBobSaget
03-02-2013, 06:20 PM
corrected.

Bekker is starting. Hopefully Hall is given a manageable role of clogging up the middle and slowing down the quick attacks.

Damien
03-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Anyone have a feed? plzzzz

SirBobSaget
03-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Really pumped up for this, have belief in the new management/coaching. Please get off to a respectable start!!!!

OgtheDim
03-02-2013, 06:22 PM
:) The one guy streaming had a line on his notepad saying "The Jets Suck" before he changed it to "this game starts soon".

Nodoubtguy
03-02-2013, 06:22 PM

Looking for one too.....just moved this afternoon and have no cable yet!

SirBobSaget
03-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Would it have been wiser to start Agbossoumonde to deal with the Caps speed?

OgtheDim
03-02-2013, 06:23 PM

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/172387/2/watch-vancouver-whitecaps-vs-toronto-fc.html

Always check firstrow1. They carry every game everywhere.

Jpexxx
03-02-2013, 06:24 PM

try this one:

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/172387/1/watch-vancouver-whitecaps-vs-toronto-fc.html

Edit: Not the fastest hand in the west...

T-boy
03-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Hall isn't terrible. I'll predict we don't hear much about him today. Just a heads down, do your job kinda midfielder.

Agreed. Hall was fine under Winter last year. He was terrible under Mariner - but then again, all players were terrible under Mariner!

New coach, new clean slate IMO. A new coach can bring a whole lot of difference out of players. We might see a different Dunfield and Hall compared to last season.

Ivy
03-02-2013, 06:26 PM
If the broadcast gets delayed because of curling I'm going to lose my shit
Hahahahahahhaha I was JUST thinking that.

Corpand
03-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Here's a usually flawless stream.

http://nutjob.eu/njtvx6.html

P.S. Yea saw him sneak that on the notepad.

Nodoubtguy
03-02-2013, 06:28 PM
http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/172387/2/watch-vancouver-whitecaps-vs-toronto-fc.html

Always check firstrow1. They carry every game everywhere.

try this one:

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/172387/1/watch-vancouver-whitecaps-vs-toronto-fc.html

Edit: Not the fastest hand in the west...

Thanks guys!!!

Jeff s
03-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Bekker is playing, though, as a CAM. Hall is fine, for now. He has an easy job in a 4-5-1, just distribute. It's Reggie Lambe I'm worried about.

Let's see what happens.

http://x.vukajlija.com/var/uploads/reactions/201302/66634/ibejpJGQG4ShoN.gif

SoccMan
03-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Curling fucking curling, the game will be shown in progress, this curling crap is going into overtime, so of course we are going to miss some of the game, soccer in Canada got to love it eh, anybody got a fucken stream?

SirBobSaget
03-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Hahahahahahhaha I was JUST thinking that.

We did have a game delayed for a Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians game last year

mowe
03-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Is curling seriously going to delay the start of this game?

OgtheDim
03-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Wow, US news or PEI vs Sask in curling......

ManUtd4ever
TSN is a fucking joke.

SirBobSaget
Season opener between 2 canadian teams delayed for curling. What a joke

T-boy
03-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Wow this curling game is amazing!

TFC07
Fucking curling? It's not even real sport while TSN2 has freaking NASCAR on. What is this? TSN = Trailer (Trash) Sports Network.

ensco
Is the game itself delayed?

dantdot
Is this real life?

But let's be honest, curling probably gets better ratings.

Corpand
03-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Now both streams showing the US news.

Greeeeeeeeat.

OgtheDim
03-02-2013, 06:35 PM
MLS live has the lineup messed up with Odea out on the wing.

SirBobSaget
03-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Throw the F%^^%% rock lets go !!!!

Richard
03-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Fine example of the state of soccer in Canada. F-ing joke.

Damien
03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
^ Thanks so much guys!

mowe
03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Was that the game winner? Please let it be the game winner.

ManUtd4ever
03-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Finally, FFS...

HuTor
03-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Fine example of the state of soccer in Canada. F-ing joke.

Well said!

SirBobSaget
03-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Why are we watching the stupid intro? game better not be in progress.

HuTor
03-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Should've began 10 mins ago!

TFC07
03-02-2013, 06:43 PM
TFC kit looks nice!

v00d00daddy
03-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Lets to boys! I'm scared but I'm happy they're back. Lol

FluSH
03-02-2013, 06:44 PM
That Curling was like torture... Sorry fellas that I could'nt make it to Joe's... Got off work at 5pm... Let's hope for a win here!

HuTor
03-02-2013, 06:45 PM
GO TFC!

Pedal to the metal!

FluSH
03-02-2013, 06:45 PM
I can feel it...

SirBobSaget
03-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Manneh is not ready ... or really nervous

OgtheDim
03-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Vancouver not pressing......surprised.

ManUtd4ever
03-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Demerit injured himself already trying to cover Earnshaw, LOL.

AlanO
03-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Earnshaw making his presence felt already.

Gazza
03-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Kobayashi's gonna eat this league up.

__wowza
03-02-2013, 06:54 PM
im drunk.
Im in france.
Lets do this.

Gazza
03-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Nelsen didn't get the memo to keep Terrible Terry off the ball on set pieces.

FluSH
03-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Lol wowza

FluSH
03-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Fuck thought that was a handball...

SirBobSaget
03-02-2013, 06:57 PM
OK same old Hall, leaves his man wide open for easy straight pass outside of the box

OgtheDim
03-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Manneh...speed without the technique at this level. Already seen him try a couple of moves that probably worked where he was last season. Not against MLS level defenders.

__wowza
03-02-2013, 07:01 PM
anyone else miss the neon green goalkeeper kit?

Kaz
03-02-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm not disappointed.... ok that foul wasn't good.

But over all given the nature of the condition of the two teams TFC isn't doing badly.

Yohan
03-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Nothing flashy about Bekker so far, but he's been very tidy with the ball mostly

__wowza
03-02-2013, 07:11 PM
dunfields first yellow of the season.

I DEMAND A THREAD.

notthesun
03-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Ephraim with some nice first touches so far. edit: Okay this guy really has a silky smooth first touch.

Defense looking all right. We're doing okay here.

Gazza
03-02-2013, 07:16 PM
O'Dea just snapped Mattock's mansier.

SirBobSaget
03-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Well well well looks like an actual team again. No more Mariner ball!!!

Thomas
03-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Really liking Earnshaw so far. Dunny and Hall, not so good. We are doing better than I would have thought, thus far.

Ajax TFC
03-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Is it raining, or did Califf not have time to dry his jersey before the game? He can't possibly have sweated that much.

AlanO
03-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Ephraim's getting better as the match goes on.

Bekker showing a lot of creativity.

Ivy
03-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Is it raining, or did Califf not have time to dry his jersey before the game? He can't possibly have sweated that much.
He slid on his stomach to header a ball out... And it was raining earlier.

notthesun
03-02-2013, 07:24 PM
A few too many long balls from our CBs for me, but if Earnshaw can run onto and control them like that maybe I should just be patient.

SirBobSaget
03-02-2013, 07:27 PM
So much confidence and composure in the D!! Its so refreshing. Nice to have Ecks back at RB where he can be a major asset

Richard
03-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Good first half, aside from the blackhole in the midfield were not looking too bad.

OgtheDim
Oh my gosh, we are winning possession.

Its been so long. :flare:

Gazza
Alright. Let's end the game after 45. I don't want to lose this feeling i have right now. The fucking most organized half of football i have ever seen this team play.

SirBobSaget
03-02-2013, 07:31 PM
If I had to choose a Whitecap to be allowed to weave in the box into a dangerous position it be Manneh

ryan
03-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Alright. Let's end the game after 45. I don't want to lose this feeling i have right now. The fucking most organized half of football i have ever seen this team play.

No kidding eh?

All things considered, that was a pretty good half.

Kaz
03-02-2013, 07:32 PM
That was a fairly positive first half... all things considered. I'm not disgusted but the play.

Redcoe15
03-02-2013, 07:33 PM
So far, so good. I like the cohesion this team is showing. Now let's finish them in the second half!

AlanO
Not bad! The new guys have looked pretty solid.

Thought Dunfield did well aside from the tackle that got him booked. Hall is a liability though.

Jpexxx
I'm loving it.

Personally I thought that was a great first half. You can really see Nelson's tactical influence when Vancouver had the ball.

Bekker, I thought looked confident.
Earnshaw, i'm loving his energy.
Ephraim, i'm excited to see how he progresses once there is more chemistry.

Throw Silva in there and Cesar and that should be a decent squad for the early bit of the season.

TFC07
03-02-2013, 07:34 PM
TFC looked more dangerous team than Vancouver so far in this game. Vancouver is all speed and nothing else. TFC looked more organized and most importantly looked a professional soccer team.

ManUtd4ever
03-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Solid first half considering the patchwork lineup. I like our defensive composure thus far.

ryan
03-02-2013, 07:35 PM
I liked the high pressure we put on the Vancouver back 4, it's definitely making them uncomfortable. We're getting in the passing lanes because they have to make more challenging passes.

Do we have the fitness for another 45 minutes of it though?

Jpexxx
03-02-2013, 07:38 PM
I liked the high pressure we put on the Vancouver back 4, it's definitely making them uncomfortable. We're getting in the passing lanes because they have to make more challenging passes.

Do we have the fitness for another 45 minutes of it though?

I'm hoping Welshman gets a chance to come in and take a few runs at Vancouver's D in the last 25 minutes

Couchy81
The boys aren't doing half bad for a team that was thrown together in a short period.

notthesun
So who would've said 0-0 at half with fairly even play throughout?

Considering the way we've sort of threw a squad together, Nelsen is impressive already in his organization.

Let's see if we can steal one in the 2nd half.

Gazza
03-02-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm loving it.

Personally I thought that was a great first half. You can really see Nelson's tactical influence when Vancouver had the ball.

Bekker, I thought looked confident.
Earnshaw, i'm loving his energy.
Ephraim, i'm excited to see how he progresses once there is more chemistry.

Throw Silva in there and Cesar and that should be a decent squad for the early bit of the season.

Bekker has to get in there over the ball on free kicks. Not let Dunfield or even Earnshaw bully him out of it. I would've liked to see Bekker take a shot off that set piece from just outside the 18.

SirBobSaget
03-02-2013, 07:41 PM
4x the number of Cad players in MLS since inception ??? 4x what, 4 x 3?

What a terible argument considering 15% of the league's teams are canadian. Should be seeing at least 60Canadian MLS players to match the Teams ratio

Richard
03-02-2013, 07:41 PM
I think Hall needs to substituted, maybe for Russel?

Kaz
03-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Well I figured Vancouver would be over confident, would give us some space... and short of an early goal, if we could make it 20 minutes in at 0-0 we had a good chance of tieing...

There are two things that could change that... I'm not going to speculate on either... superstition.

ManUtd4ever
03-02-2013, 07:42 PM
I'd like to see Bennett come on once Earnshaw runs out of gas. I'd also like to see Russell come on for Hall in the central midfield as Hall has been our only defensive liability so far.

notthesun
03-02-2013, 07:43 PM
I actually don't think Hall's been that bad. Neither has Dunfield honestly. Funny how playing safe short balls instead of blasting it up the field with every touch makes guys look better, huh?

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Russell come on at all. Maybe Osorio, but he might be better suited for Bekker's role.

edit: ^ Bennett's not on the bench.

AdamAM
03-02-2013, 07:44 PM
TFC playing like an actual MLS team for once, who would've thought? Once we get Silva, Cesar, Koevs (unless Earnshaw proves his worth) and Frei into the lineup we'll be even better. Add the supposed 2 Honduran National Team players, young Argentine DP striker, and the young English midfielder from Spurs who's name escapes me atm, and this can be a very surprising team.

COME ON YOU REDS

TFC07
4x the number of Cad players in MLS since inception ??? 4x what, 4 x 3?

What a terible argument considering 15% of the league's teams are canadian. Should be seeing at least 60Canadian MLS players to match the Teams ratio

Blame should go to Canadian MLS teams and CSA. CSA has to raise Canadian slot more than 3 and force Canadian teams to develop Canadian talent.

Dreadlocks
I'm impressed mainly because I don't think this is the strongest first 11 that we can field.

Bekker is pretty composed and looks a player. However, I'd rather Silva in there. Also, Hall has look better than I have at anytime in the past but I'd like to see Ceasar instead.

I know we're playing a 4-4-1-1 but when Danny K is back, he and Earnshaw should compliment each other.

Anyway, back to holding my breath time!

Richard
03-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Blame should go to Canadian MLS teams and CSA. CSA has to raise Canadian slot more than 3 and force Canadian teams to develop Canadian talent.

I dont think thats the issue, why give undeserving players a spot. The CSA needs a professional(semi) league, they are to blame for the lack of players being developed. I do agree that it is shamfull for VAN and MT to have marginal Canadian players.

denime
03-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Blame should go to Canadian MLS teams and CSA. CSA hplas to raise Canadian slot more than 3 and force Canadian teams to develop Canadian talent.

THIS 100% Agree! !