PDA

View Full Version : Take a real good look at this

Parkdale
02-22-2013, 11:04 PM
http://www.fslocal.com/toronto/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/TFC-Goal.jpg

just let this picture sink in. really think back to that day. Call me a fool, but I think we can still feel that again.

Derko
02-22-2013, 11:16 PM
I don't think your a fool, I know we can feel like that again, It's just spreading the love my man, You see the glass is always fuller than you think :drinking:If it wasn't for optimism where would we be?

Nerepis
02-22-2013, 11:19 PM
http://www.myspace.com/redcityramblers/music/songs/12th-of-may-55945985

Click on the Play button next to "12th of May" and you'll get a sound track to this great moment.

Thanks for the reminder Parkdale.

cmonyoureds
02-23-2013, 08:41 PM
Dammit, I was in a full on denial of emotion for the upcoming season until you did that.
(thanks)

Flipityflu
02-23-2013, 08:43 PM
i just threw my seat cushion across the room

prizby
02-23-2013, 11:42 PM
you are a fool if you think it'll be like that, this year

Yagbod
02-24-2013, 12:20 AM
Uh Prizby, I think this is supposed to be one of those positive threads. They are rarely realistic, but it's kind of like watching a movie and suspending that disbelief for awhile.

For instance:

This season is going to be the best ever!!!! Yeah!!!!

flamehawk
02-24-2013, 12:38 AM
i just threw my seat cushion across the room

Sometimes I wish I never threw my onto the pitch.. but after watching the video, nah.

Cashcleaner
02-24-2013, 02:24 AM
Makes me think of a few things.

1) Do we still have the "Bunker" Banner hiding somewhere? I haven't seen it in ages.

2) Do you think we'll ever see a crowd that big and excited at BMO Field in the foreseeable future?

and,

3) Why the fuck didn't I take the cushion when it was offered at the gate? :(

Derko
02-24-2013, 02:30 AM

Did you renew your seasons tickets? Some would call you a fool for that, no offense taken:drinking:

tfcleeds
02-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Makes me think of a few things.

1) Do we still have the "Bunker" Banner hiding somewhere? I haven't seen it in ages.

2) Do you think we'll ever see a crowd that big and excited at BMO Field in the foreseeable future?

and,

3) Why the fuck didn't I take the cushion when it was offered at the gate? :(

Possibly when we finally make the playoffs, whenever that is. Otherwise, can't really see it. As for #3, that kinda sucks, but I get the chills when I think of how close I was to not even attending this game, sure glad I did!

Flipityflu
02-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Sometimes I wish I never threw my onto the pitch.. but after watching the video, nah.

i threw my original during the goal, then asked an usher to pass me one after the cleanup. actaully, i think i told him i must of dropped it by accident.

FluSH
02-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Love it...

Parkdale
02-24-2013, 10:24 AM

I'd rather be a fool with faith than a hater. If we make play-offs, then it will be a first, and we'll have new memories to make.

burlington Red
02-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Did you renew your seasons tickets? Some would call you a fool for that, no offense taken:drinking:

what does this post even mean?

Kaz
02-24-2013, 10:42 AM
bring back the turf.... !

Mark in Ottawa
02-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Call me a fool, but I think we can still feel that again.
OK ... You're a fool :rolleyes:
But Honestly ... I don't think anything will match that feeling ever again.
It was a new and in some ways an innocent time.

The "real life" experiences of professional football supporting have changed us all a bit since then. Made us a little more jaded perhaps as to our expectations.

That being said there is nothing to stop us from new, exciting and lifelong memories moving forward as TFC supporters. We still have a lot to look forward to ... making the playoffs ... winning the MLS Cup ... who knows maybe even a roof someday g:D

TorCanSoc
02-24-2013, 12:21 PM
You're in a forum full of 7-year fools. To single someone out a fool, is foolish.

Every year since year 4, I've contemplated bailing on this ship of fools.

But we're back.

One CCL game in the dome, and we're back.

One fired coach, and we're kind of back.

Going to year one pricing, and we're back.

We're one DP dropped and gained from being back.

I have a box of memorabilia, that this fool keeps nostagicly (sp.) looking at.

This fool is back, and ready.

spe18
02-24-2013, 12:32 PM
http://www.fslocal.com/toronto/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/TFC-Goal.jpg

just let this picture sink in. really think back to that day. Call me a fool, but I think we can still feel that again.

And this too :)

1ecHQrsqgBo

Mr. Bigby
02-24-2013, 12:46 PM
i threw my original during the goal, then asked an usher to pass me one after the cleanup. actaully, i think i told him i must of dropped it by accident.

Threw mine onto the pitch, then got whacked in the back of the head by one thrown from further up in the stands, ...so I kept theirs :canada: