PDA

View Full Version : TFC 2013 Jersey leaked

Yohan
02-12-2013, 10:58 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/8057123/new_kit_2.0_standard_709.0.jpg

ManUtd4ever
02-12-2013, 11:03 PM
It looks very sharp. Best kit yet.

ag futbol
02-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Not a fan.

Too much going on there and the Canada imagery is overdone. When did black enter our color scheme BTW?

Seems like there's not much consistency across the different designs we had as well. I guess you could say our uniforms are a lot like our team: still searching for an identity six years later.

Furtado91
02-12-2013, 11:32 PM
it looks better than the photo provided before. Now just a high res photo of it and i can make a final decision. but Im liking it so far.

jazzy
02-12-2013, 11:37 PM
better than the rest, the bmo crest should be eliminated then it would be less which is more.

mowe
02-12-2013, 11:44 PM
I like it. Step up from what we have now (which I also like). But I don't understand why the BMO logo can't be further away from the crest like Montreal's.

nascarguy
02-12-2013, 11:54 PM
looks the same as the last one that I did not buy

sashavukelich
02-13-2013, 03:25 AM
It looks very sharp. Best kit yet.

+1 absolutely the best kit yet. Well done design team!

dutch
02-13-2013, 04:09 AM
Yes!! they got rid of the grey, this year just gets better by the week.

Eastend
02-13-2013, 06:18 AM
I guess it's worth the "free" I'll be getting it for but I'm still not crazy about it.

Dom

nascarguy
02-13-2013, 07:28 AM
nope red is the home jersey and white is the away jersey and gray is the 3rd jersey that we never use
Yes!! they got rid of the grey, this year just gets better by the week.

Phil
02-13-2013, 08:09 AM
Not a fan.

Too much going on there and the Canada imagery is overdone. When did black enter our color scheme BTW?

Seems like there's not much consistency across the different designs we had as well. I guess you could say our uniforms are a lot like our team: still searching for an identity six years later.

Its not black, its dark onyx, always been one of our colours. It does seem a bit darker though.

JuliquE
02-13-2013, 08:28 AM
nope red is the home jersey and white is the away jersey and gray is the 3rd jersey that we never use
Quite sure he means that they've made the jersey more red, getting rid of the onyx sleeves.

On the subject of onyx: I think that every year, people have seen pictures of the jersey and thought it was black.. only for it to be later revealed as an issue with the photo, itself.

::EdiT::

ManUtd4ever took the words right out of my mouth.

TFC_Allez
02-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Not a fan. Looks like a warm up jersey.

ensco
02-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Its not black, its dark onyx

I nominate this quote to be placed on the RPB Forums banner masthead, as the slogan of the whole site forevermore.

Phil
02-13-2013, 09:31 AM
I nominate this quote to be placed on the RPB Forums banner masthead, as the slogan of the whole site forevermore.

Too funny. Dark grey is Onyx, not black....

now we just need some bunnies with pancakes on their head.

ensco
02-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Maybe the site slogan should be:

"50 Shades of Phil"

:tongue:

billyfly
02-13-2013, 09:43 AM
These are the only colours - black, blue, green, purple, yellow, brown, orange, pink.

All the other colours were invented by designers and paint companies.

Oldtimer
02-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Too funny. Dark grey is Onyx, not black....

now we just need some bunnies with pancakes on their head.

http://boralv.se/blog/images/oolong.jpg http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2587/3991822618_e6b6ca0437_z.jpghttp://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/Rexx211/bunny.jpg

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/857653504/hA165A6C5/

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/8057123/new_kit_2.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Back to topic, it's actually quite nice. I wonder if that's the one that TFC Mastercard holders will get?

__wowza
02-13-2013, 11:20 AM
agree with everyone who said the crest is too close to the BMO logo, sadly this is the make or break for me.

JayMolly
02-13-2013, 11:49 AM
I am not a big fan of this design. A) I like shirts with a collar. B) The BMO logo and TFC Crest does seem too close and C) Why do we keep getting a subtle big Maple Leafs crest on our shirts? It's like they want to keep reminding us of something....

Carts
02-13-2013, 11:54 AM
I wonder how it would look with the BMO logo underneath the letters BMO...???

I know that won't happen as they brand it 'BMO (then logo)' but that DAMN LOGO IS TOO CLOSE TO THE CREST...

Otherwise, I'll need to see it in person - to see how noticeable the ghosted print is...

Yohan
02-13-2013, 11:55 AM
You people are more critical fashionistas than Aurelien Collin :p

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/trending/post/_/id/14168/mls-star-aurelien-collin-talks-about-fashion

Richard
02-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't like having a new jersy every year.

Yohan
02-13-2013, 12:16 PM
no you aren't. but modern football says you must milk the merch money for all its worth...

Alonso
02-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Personally I can't wait for TFC to get a new sponsor. BMO sucks as a jersey sponsor especially when Limpact share the sponsor and it's a Montreal based bank, but mostly because the TFC crest is being cannibalized by the BMO logo which is bigger to boot.

The graphic artists that designed this jersey have no sense of spacing. The logo's, crest, and wording are all way to cramped and way to busy.

deltox
02-13-2013, 12:40 PM
actually, i think BMO is a Toronto based bank.

ag futbol
02-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Its not black, its dark onyx.
How dare you insult my interpretation of our color palette

DangerRed
02-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Looks HAWT. Love everything about it, much better than kits from prior years, except for the BMO logo proximity to the crest.

nascarguy
02-13-2013, 01:21 PM
here I fix it now it looks a little better https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/28897_10151509793921424_1526693402_n.jpg

JuliquE
02-13-2013, 01:25 PM
I would also like the sponsor to be further away.. but, when I think on it, I wouldn't want our crest higher (read: almost shoulder height), nor would I want for the sponsor to be placed across the stomach area of the jersey (I feel like it would look rather odd).

At first, the idea of making it smaller sounded good, especially since the logo is bigger than the crest.. but, upon checking again, if it's made notably smaller, it might be too small to be practical (ends up looking like some sort of copyright text, dead centre of our jersey).

That said, I remember, some time ago, someone had the idea of just using the BMO logo (read: sans text) and, if centred, I don't think that would look half bad.. even if it remained the same size as it is, now.

::EdiT::

I wonder what the chances are of us getting the sponsor's logo written below the numbers, on the back, one season.

Parkdale
02-13-2013, 01:36 PM
I like the dark collar. Sharp looking.

Yohan
02-13-2013, 01:36 PM
I wonder what the chances are of us getting the sponsor's logo written below the numbers, on the back, one season.
ugh. don't give them ideas! jerseys are already cluttered and too much going without more sponsor crap on it

JuliquE
02-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Right.. I meant it as a substitute for having the sponsor's logo on the front. I wouldn't be ecstatic having it on the back, either.. but, it would be better than on the front (well, for the ones complaining about it's placement, now; I don't take too big an issue with the present spacing, personally).

Oldtimer
02-13-2013, 01:42 PM
actually, i think BMO is a Toronto based bank.

It is. The head office was moved from Montreal to Toronto in the 1980s, due to the threat of Quebec separation, which was big back then (they maintain a nominal office in Montreal just for window dressing). Most of their operations are in First Canadian Place, right in downtown T-Dot.

I actually think BMO is a great sponsor. They have tonnes of money, and are a big sponsor of our sport nationwide, at both the pro and amateur levels.

nascarguy
02-13-2013, 01:52 PM
I think our next sponsor will be rogers...lol

cyris2k
02-13-2013, 02:06 PM
He's a thought. Who cares what the uni looks like, or how high the TFC crest or sponsor logo sits. This year is about WINS and performances. Last season they deserved pinneys! I'm gonna buy my 2013 jersey after we win our 5th game of the season!

TOBOR !
02-13-2013, 02:12 PM
He's a thought. Who cares what the uni looks like, or how high the TFC crest or sponsor logo sits. This year is about WINS and performances. Last season they deserved pinneys! I'm gonna buy my 2013 jersey after we win our 5th game of the season!

you'll put someone off starting up a Font thread if you don't watch it.

Phil
02-13-2013, 02:16 PM

I would agree that uniforms are the least of our worries.

Greatest Ripoff
02-13-2013, 02:27 PM

1 new kit a year ins't bad when most team change both kits each year and larger teams like Madrid and Manchester will release 3 kits each year.

Personally I'd like 2 new kits each year. That is because most of Toronto' kits have been shit and higher turnover means that eventually there will be one I really like.

JonO
02-13-2013, 02:28 PM
I would agree that uniforms are the least of our worries.
So you agree that they're still a worry :)

bigredone
02-13-2013, 02:35 PM
I like it almost as much as the jersey without BMO on it. Imagine the BMOless jersey with this design mmmmm. No offence to the sponsor.

I fear we will need a black jersey though.

[NBF]
02-13-2013, 02:43 PM
He's a thought. Who cares what the uni looks like, or how high the TFC crest or sponsor logo sits. This year is about WINS and performances. Last season they deserved pinneys! I'm gonna buy my 2013 jersey after we win our 15th game of the season!

fixed and agreed, the new jersey is just smoke and mirrors.

TFC_Allez
02-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Here's a thought. Who cares what the uni looks like, or how high the TFC crest or sponsor logo sits. This year is about WINS and performances. Last season they deserved pinneys! I'm gonna buy my 2013 jersey after we win our 5th game of the season!
Well said. :scarf:

DangerRed
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM

Agree, but hey - I'd rather have the boys losing in style! Last year's kit was utter shit, which matched the results quite nicely.

TFC07
02-13-2013, 04:46 PM
The more I see the jersey, the more I want to buy it. This is probably best TFC kit ever. It actually has bit more "flair" than before (previous TFC kits have been too plain for my liking).

Redcoe15
02-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I like it. :thumbsup:

Now when the fuck can we order one, with the name and numbers on the back, ASAP?

jazzy
02-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Personally I can't wait for TFC to get a new sponsor. BMO sucks as a jersey sponsor especially when Limpact share the sponsor and it's a Montreal based bank, but mostly because the TFC crest is being cannibalized by the BMO logo which is bigger to boot.

The graphic artists that designed this jersey have no sense of spacing. The logo's, crest, and wording are all way to cramped and way to busy.

thats it in a nutshell....good design = simplicity....if I drew up this shirt I would have stepped back and totally removed the banks logo, simple and now better spaced because if they had used 'addition from subtraction' ...I like it..clean with straight lines...at least there isn't any curly Q lines a la our road shorts.......guess the designers are employees doing part-time work on the side

ensco
02-13-2013, 07:04 PM
It is. The head office was moved from Montreal to Toronto in the 1980s, due to the threat of Quebec separation, which was big back then (they maintain a nominal office in Montreal just for window dressing). Most of their operations are in First Canadian Place, right in downtown T-Dot.

I actually think BMO is a great sponsor. They have tonnes of money, and are a big sponsor of our sport nationwide, at both the pro and amateur levels.

They never moved their legal HQ, but the senior execs moved to Toronto in the 1970s. It's also what the Royal and BNS did in the 1970s (not the 1980s), and their legal HQs also remain in Montreal. TD and CIBC were always in Toronto.

BMO's operation in Montreal remains significant, including tons of back office functions. BMO Nesbitt Burns remains the second highest market share investment bank of the Big 5 (behind the National Bank and RBC, who do all of Bell's business). BMO's presence in Quebec is not nominal (and no, I don't work there, or care about BMO. But I care about Quebec history.)

Beach_Red
02-13-2013, 07:30 PM
They never moved their legal HQ, but the senior execs moved to Toronto in the 1970s. It's also what the Royal and BNS did in the 1970s (not the 1980s), and their legal HQs also remain in Montreal. TD and CIBC were always in Toronto.

BMO's operation in Montreal remains significant, including tons of back office functions. BMO Nesbitt Burns remains the second highest market share investment bank of the Big 5 (behind the National Bank and RBC, who do all of Bell's business). BMO's presence in Quebec is not nominal (and no, I don't work there, or care about BMO. But I care about Quebec history.)

The first one was Royal Trust. They didn't move their offices, but just before the provincial election in 1970 (the PQ got 20% of the popular vote but only six seats) they very publicly had a convoy of Brinks trucks drive from Montreal to Toronto.

The FLQ even mentioned it in their manifesto that was read on TV during the October crisis:

http://faculty.marianopolis.edu/c.belanger/quebechistory/docs/october/documents/FLQManifesto.pdf

I also don't work there but I'm also interested in Quebec history.

Alixir
02-13-2013, 08:59 PM
I fear we will need a black jersey though. I hope that we one day get a black kit

Oldtimer
02-13-2013, 10:24 PM

Yeah, the brokerage arm may still be quite significant. I was writing only about first-line banking which operates mostly out of Toronto.

All of the big banks have regional data centres, so in a sense all of them are national.

bigredone
02-13-2013, 11:03 PM
I hope that we one day get a black kit

Sorry, my words could have been better. I love the way black kits look too. Though as a Netherlands fan I associate black kits with mourning sad displays of football. A TFC mourning jersey? We shall see what we will need.

billyfly
02-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Basically nothing for RBC is located in MTL other than a callcentre.

Stryker
02-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Give me a team I can support with pride again instead of the shit show organization we've had the last four years and I'll think about buying jerseys and other merchandise.

Globetrotter
02-14-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm going to have a coupon for a free 2013 TFC jersey (any size). Im not going to want the jersey, so if anyone plans on buying the jersey, I can sell you the coupon at a discounted price. You save money. I will only have the one coupon.

Red CB Toronto
02-14-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm going to have a coupon for a free 2013 TFC jersey (any size). Im not going to want the jersey, so if anyone plans on buying the jersey, I can sell you the coupon at a discounted price. You save money. I will only have the one coupon.

I would buy the coupon from you, PM the details.

burlington Red
02-15-2013, 04:04 PM
New kit looks good

SuperTCP
02-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Real Sports pre-sale of 2013 TFC Home Men's Authentic Jersey just announced.
exclusivelyatrealsports.ca
$119.99 + $10 shipping
EVERYONE who pre-purchases will receive a pair of tickets to the Toronto FC Season Opener on March 9, 2013 at the Rogers Centre.

THE FIRST 25 people who pre-purchase will receive a pair of tickets to the Toronto FC Season Kickoff Party on February 26, 2013 at Berkeley Church.

lobo
02-15-2013, 06:37 PM
excellent. we have a kit. and it's red, perfect. now about a striker?

bertal
02-15-2013, 07:49 PM
uninspiring

Torontotonto
02-15-2013, 07:54 PM
These are the only colours - black, blue, green, purple, yellow, brown, orange, pink.

All the other colours were invented by designers and paint companies.

Black or White are not colors.

Remember this name for the visual spectrum (Rainbow / Prism)

Roy G Biv

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet

I would also like the kit if the large BMO was not there, it takes away from our badge.

jloome
02-15-2013, 09:11 PM

Roy G Biv

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet

I would also like the kit if the large BMO was not there, it takes away from our badge.

This may only work for English prep students, but "Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain" works, too.

Redcoe15
02-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Here's a high quality picture of the new red tops for TFC this year:

http://i.imgur.com/Iw33jiy.jpg

Yeoman
02-25-2013, 06:27 PM
wow, just wow
not even facepalms can handle my reaction to this. someone needs to be beat with some type of trowel until they learn their lesson. horrid

Red CB Toronto
02-25-2013, 06:36 PM

WOW, it is interesting, got a modern art type of vibe to it. I wonder how all the shading looks in person.

ag futbol
02-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Oh dear god. I hope the short sleeve one looks better.

Maybe I should just be thankful that I'll be saving my money.

justin
02-25-2013, 06:49 PM
let's be positive folks, soon TFC will have placed it's stamp in the history books! in the future when you google "worst football kits ever", we should be represented!

Marc"2L"
02-25-2013, 07:09 PM
I love it minus the maple leaf, don't think it needs it but the argylish design I like.

I think, still have to see it in person.

TFC07
02-25-2013, 07:10 PM
That picture makes colours of jersey look dark compare to previous leaked pictures. I guess I will see how it looks next week at Real Sports.

Azerban
02-25-2013, 07:11 PM
in the future when you google "worst football kits ever", we should be represented!

nope still maryland

__wowza
02-25-2013, 07:17 PM
from what ive read around the web, i'd say 80% of the comments about this shirt have been super positive. it's been compared to houston's last year (which is probably one of the top 3 since this league started), so that's pretty high praise. seeing the HD image changed my mind.

Suds
02-25-2013, 07:37 PM

shirt tag should come with a warning that people not to take acid if you're wearing this ;)

I'll need to see it in person. My initial impression of the image is not inspiring me to order one.

jabbronies
02-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Would've look decent is it weren't for all that shit screened in the background...

jazzy
02-25-2013, 08:00 PM
with plain shorts it's the best they've had....it's fine. ya like all the major leagues through out the world are a-ok, lol,... I am always partial to plain simple designs but everyone here would say it's so boring....when the team is playing they'll look fine.....esp when they win....I don't support a team determined by their kit, like I said it's way better than earlier kits. Lets get the season started!

ryan
02-25-2013, 08:02 PM
ive been all about this the whole time....until that picture. holy shit it's a red surf style jacket.

grossssssssss.

sdcfan18
02-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Count me in the minority here, but I really like it. Much better than the mocks up posted earlier IMO.

Smokecell
02-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Count me in the minority here, but I really like it. Much better than the mocks up posted earlier IMO.

I tend to agree with you, I actually like it quite a bit although i think the shading could have been toned down a bit.

FluSH
02-25-2013, 08:28 PM

I'm going to look like a Superheroz with a beer belly!!!!

QSIM
02-25-2013, 08:29 PM
At least its not a cookie-cutter design. Could end up looking alright but will have to see it in person/ on tv.

FluSH
02-25-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm hoping our opponents get blurred vision from looking at our Jersey... This could be a WIN!

FluSH
02-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Would've look decent is it weren't for all that shit screened in the background...

On a positive note... When I drop ketchup all over my Jersey you won't even notice it.

ag futbol
02-25-2013, 08:34 PM
There's just way too much stuff going on. You could probably get away with any individual element on that shirt, but you mash them all together and it looks extremely messy.

To me the worst part of that long sleve kit is the stitching around the MLS logo and the Canada flag. Who on earth thought that was a good idea? Looks like some 10 year olds work on MS paint.

DangerRed
02-25-2013, 09:16 PM
I went from yay to nay after seeing the high def pic. Background 'shards' make it look too much like a clashy chess board. Weakness. I'll happily drink the money away instead.

Huyton
02-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Want to see it in person, but I applaud them for NOT looking like so many other teams.

My son said that he LOVES it.

Now we just need some talent on the field to wear it.

Suds
02-25-2013, 09:44 PM
I went from yay to nay after seeing the high def pic. Background 'shards' make it look too much like a clashy chess board. Weakness. I'll happily drink the money away instead.

I tend to use this reasoning for most things.

billyfly
02-25-2013, 10:06 PM

Roy G Biv

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet

Said the designer.....

Alonso
02-26-2013, 03:12 AM

I gotta agree with you.

I didn't like it when I saw the bad quality photo, but after seeing the high defintion photo I think it's pretty damn sweet.

Definitely should come with a tab of E and a ticket to the next rave... sign me up!

I'll hold final judgement until I see it in person.

Damien
02-26-2013, 08:06 AM
I'd buy one if they were a lil more affordable.

Has National Sports had their annual "let's-get-rid-of-last-years-TFC-stuff-for-cheap Sale" ?

glaze
02-26-2013, 11:49 AM
according to the voucher for the free jersey (for those that paid for seats with BMO TFC mastercard), they are redeemable beginning Feb 27 at Real Sports. Therefore we should be able to get an up close look at them shortly.

ManUtd4ever
02-26-2013, 11:53 AM

It looks even better in HD. Love it!

PopePouri
02-26-2013, 12:50 PM
I think it's going to look amazing on the field.

magmadragon
02-28-2013, 02:08 PM
I went down to Real Sports and they don't have any XL jerseys. Apparently Adidas screwed up the crest up (look at the picture, see the missing dark section in the bottom right corner?) and they have to go back for restitching. They have smaller sizes though, but it's literally what's been hand stitched over the past 3 days. Guy says they get more and more in each day so to check back later. They look alright actually, I might spring for the long sleeve, haven't decided yet though.

Carts
03-01-2013, 09:37 AM
I didn't like it in the picture, but in person at the Jersey unveiling party - I really liked it...

flamehawk
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
I went down to Real Sports and they don't have any XL jerseys. Apparently Adidas screwed up the crest up (look at the picture, see the missing dark section in the bottom right corner?) and they have to go back for restitching. They have smaller sizes though, but it's literally what's been hand stitched over the past 3 days. Guy says they get more and more in each day so to check back later. They look alright actually, I might spring for the long sleeve, haven't decided yet though.

Do they have the cheaper 'replica' versions of the shirt yet? I don't feel like spending on the more expensive 'authentic' version.

magmadragon
03-02-2013, 12:53 AM
There may have been some replicas but I'll have to look again tomorrow. I don't know what the cut of the last jerseys were, but the ones before that with a collar fit me a lot better. These new ones are definitely tighter compared to the collared ones (at the same size). I'll try to get it exchanged for a 2XL I guess and hope it's better.

SuperTCP
03-06-2013, 03:34 PM
I really like the jersey once I saw it in person, but once I tried it on. Ouch. Not made to fit regular people :( . Those who want to buy it and do not have a professional soccer players body may want to get 1 size larger.

Canary10
03-06-2013, 03:39 PM
I really like the jersey once I saw it in person, but once I tried it on. Ouch. Not made to fit regular people :( . Those who want to buy it and do not have a professional soccer players body may want to get 1 size larger.

I'll be going with my regular size....

Greatest Ripoff
03-06-2013, 03:41 PM

that is good, because I find most football jerseys are way too big for me. I had to buy a youth medium in this years West Ham kit and it still fits a little big.

Joe Kool
03-06-2013, 03:42 PM

Are they even tighter than last year's authentic jersey? I already had to move a size up for that one.

flamehawk
03-06-2013, 04:39 PM
that is good, because I find most football jerseys are way too big for me. I had to buy a youth medium in this years West Ham kit and it still fits a little big.

Likewise. It's really tough as an Asian to find kits for European clubs that fit. All my Wolves shirts are way oversized.