PDA

View Full Version : Nutrilite Canadian Championship

NateDoGG
07-16-2008, 10:39 PM
if tfc win on the 22nd vs the impact, do we move on and represent canada in the champions league? or has impact already got this thing wrapped up with a draw or less?

FluSH
07-16-2008, 10:41 PM
We go to NICARAGUA!!!!

and face:

Real Esteli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Estel%C3%AD

ExiledRed
07-16-2008, 10:42 PM
if tfc win on the 22nd vs the impact, do we move on and represent canada in the champions league?

yes

or has impact already got this thing wrapped up with a draw or less?

yes

Boris
We go to NICARAGUA!!!!

SI!!!:taz::taz::taz:

FluSH
See here:

http://www.concacaf.com/viewCompetition.aspx?id=217

CanadaLFC
07-17-2008, 09:58 AM
This is probably one of the most important games in our history. Next to the first time we played a competitive match. Lets make history !!

Onwards to Nicaragua !!!

ensco
07-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Nobody but TFC raises a trophy at the fortress

Damien
07-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Do Nicaraguans even care about soccer? I thought they're big into baseball?

kodiakTFC
07-17-2008, 10:08 AM
i would argue this is the biggest game in TFC's short history. First ever cup game!

FluSH
07-17-2008, 10:09 AM

Every Latin American Country cares about Futbol... Fortunately for us...they are just better at Baseball that is all...

P.S. They probably think we are sending a Hockey team to Nicaragua =P

mdc 77
07-17-2008, 10:10 AM

No they don't really care and yes pretty much baseball all the time. This Real Estelli club plays in a 4000 seat stadium, its a small city.

FluSH
07-17-2008, 10:12 AM
No they don't really care and yes pretty much baseball all the time. This Real Estelli club plays in a 4000 seat stadium, its a small city.

4000!!! OUch... ok Every Latin American country with the exception of Nicaragua cares about Futbol... :D

Damien
07-17-2008, 10:15 AM
^ haha, maybe Denis Martinez is the coach!

Boris
07-17-2008, 10:17 AM
flush...IF they ever face alianza in estadio cuscatlan....I AM THERE...and we are sooo staying in santa tecla with family :D

Oldtimer
07-17-2008, 10:19 AM
4000!!! OUch... ok Every Latin American country with the exception of Nicaragua cares about Futbol... :D

Actually, Cuba and Puerto Rico are also baseball strongholds.

stugautz
07-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Don't forget the Dominican Republic, they're pretty good too!

Damien
07-17-2008, 10:25 AM

and Panama

Rawkus_420
07-17-2008, 10:45 AM

We better fuckin win this game, or I will snap!!! i dotn think montreal has the firepower vancouver did. The vets like guevara and Robert and robinson better take over this game!

Pachuco
07-17-2008, 10:47 AM
and Panama

Can't forget Venezuela. They groom lots of baseball players for the MLB.

dantdot
07-17-2008, 10:55 AM

We better fuckin win this game, or I will snap!!! i dotn think montreal has the firepower vancouver did. The vets like guevara and Robert and robinson better take over this game!

Holy shit I just came the realization that Montreal might lift the cup in our house, that'd be a fucking disaster.

Nuvinho
07-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Holy shit I just came the realization that Montreal might lift the cup in our house, that'd be a fucking disaster.

even worse, Ali Gerba may lift the throphy with the Impact in our house!

FluSH
07-17-2008, 11:00 AM

Cuba's soccer team last year was top notch though!!

Heathen
07-17-2008, 11:03 AM
yes

yes

:rofl: you cynical old Scouser you

CanadaLFC
07-17-2008, 11:26 AM
What I can't understand is why there is still tickets left for this game !!! Do people not realize this is huge not for the team only, but for us to represent our city on a Continental/international scale ?

BMO FIELD IS GOING TO BE ELECTRIC FOR THIS GAME !

ilikemusic
07-17-2008, 11:31 AM
thought i was in a different thread. lol

Marc"2L"
07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
even worse, Ali Gerba may lift the throphy with the Impact in our house!

It's Ali Gerba Vs. Ibee folks, and it's why I'm going to this game come hell or high water.

Captain Croatia
07-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Lets get the South side and the rest to be the loudest anyone has seen.

Especially 112 as im there for this game :)

RealG-TFC
07-17-2008, 12:58 PM

No they care, but its really not a sportive country.

nimamalek
07-17-2008, 04:59 PM

didnt Pachuco raise a trophy just a couple of weeks ago? :)

Maple Leaf Red
07-17-2008, 06:26 PM
didnt Pachuco raise a trophy just a couple of weeks ago? :)

Nobody but TFC raises a real trophy at the Fortress.

Fixed.

Seriously though, this is enormous. It would be a disaster to lose and I think the players realize that and will blow Montreal out of the water.

Cambridge_Red
07-17-2008, 06:34 PM
VERY nervous about this game...

TFCAlbertaGirl
07-17-2008, 06:39 PM
VERY nervous about this game...

I think we all are Red

Pinkie
07-17-2008, 07:09 PM
^^yuppers! i think/hope this one will have the best atmosphere ever! also i kinda get goosebumps when i visualise our team lifting up the cup..

VPjr
07-17-2008, 07:15 PM
THIS IS THE 2ND BIGGEST GAME IN TFC HISTORY.

Opening game 2007 was #1 because its the official birth of our club

This game is #2.

We will win. We MUST win. WE (the supporters) MUST CARRY OUR BOYS TO VICTORY.

I hate to say it but I could care less about Saturday. I want us to win but I wouldn't care if they fielded the same lineup that played Independiente. I want to save our A squad for the Impact.

Bluenose13
07-17-2008, 07:23 PM
THIS IS THE 2ND BIGGEST GAME IN TFC HISTORY.

Opening game 2007 was #1 because its the official birth of our club

This game is #2.

We will win. We MUST win. WE (the supporters) MUST CARRY OUR BOYS TO VICTORY.

I hate to say it but I could care less about Saturday. I want us to win but I wouldn't care if they fielded the same lineup that played Independiente. I want to save our A squad for the Impact.Let's not get carried away.....Saturday against San Jose is very important if we have any chance at making the playoffs. We need to turn things around & beat both teams that are not as talented as us & with both games at the Fortress, I will be disapointed if we don't win both.

VPjr
07-17-2008, 08:46 PM
^ I don't want to see them lose on Saturday but I sure as hell don't our guys physically spent and unable to give their all 3 days later vs. the Impact.

Right now, face it, our boys are playing like crap. If they have to peak for a game, I'm hoping for Tuesday. Maybe it's just me but I really feel strongly about winning the Voyageurs Cup. This game has huge implications for Canadian soccer in general, not just TFC.

BigTingsGwan
07-17-2008, 08:54 PM
allthough a win on saturday surely will help the morale of this team and we could carry that over on Tuesday.. I fear a loss against the quakes might really have a negative affect on our boys.

RealG-TFC
07-17-2008, 09:38 PM
^^yuppers! i think/hope this one will have the best atmosphere ever! also i kinda get goosebumps when i visualise our team lifting up the cup..

Don't get too excited. Remember the Maracanazo?

Brooker
07-17-2008, 11:58 PM
should be fun times. can't wait.

still surprised i got good tickets so late.

GhostPK
07-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Wait, we are still talking about the same Quakes who are last in the league right? Not to slam their team or what not, but its their first year and everyone knows that any teams first year sucks. Its the curse of initiation. Still, we gotta take Impact and take em hard. LETS GO TFC!

giambac
07-18-2008, 10:11 AM
should be fun times. can't wait.

still surprised i got good tickets so late.

I spoke to my rep yesterday and i was suprised with waht he said. There are still about 1,300 tickets available.

CanadaLFC
07-18-2008, 12:32 PM
I spoke to my rep yesterday and i was suprised with waht he said. There are still about 1,300 tickets available.

Do you blame Carver for that too?

Anyways, I think that this game will actually sell out closer to the event date, I know a lot of people are dying to see a TFC game. I

I think a win is needed both on Saturday and Tuesday, obviously. I think it is very much in our power to do so, at home, in front of the Red Patch Boys.

Cashcleaner
07-18-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm gonna be honest, but I'm a little disappointed with the lack of enthusiasm about the upcoming game on Tuesday. I mean, where's the pomp and celebration?! We're talking about the deciding match of the Canadian Championship!

Even if for some reason you don't care about what team in this country is crowned as the pro soccer champion, you have to at least show some excitement for getting into the CONCACAF Champions League.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. Canadian Championship matches should trump any MLS regular season game. Personally, I'd rather miss the MLS playoffs than lose
the Championship. Remember that we can't advance into CONCACAF through MLS, so why limit ourselves?

On tuesday, we simply have to give our best support to TFC.

mdc 77
07-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Real Esteli's home ground...like i said small. :)http://www.fussballtempel.net/concacaf/NIC/Independencia.html

dannyd
07-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Cash, I'm with you... I'm dissapointed at the lack of exposure this game is creating. For me, I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced. I was listening to the radio this morning, and the guy says "...and for allyou soccer fans, there's a big game coming up at BMO field..." I'm stoked, like - fuck yeah - the montreal game - but intead he goes on "MLS all stars are playing West Ham" and went on about how wonderful it will be to see those diving MLS fakkers scrimmaging with an off-season B-side team. Didn't even mention the montreal game, the biggest game so far in our clubs history, the first real cup game at BMO for TFC. Some guys have no clue...

ManUtd4ever
07-18-2008, 08:29 PM
I just caught highlights of Montreal's victory over Miami FC tonight. The Impact scored 3 nice goals and looked sharp. Tomorrow would be a great time for TFC to snap out of their current slump against S.J. to build momentum for Tuesday. I hope TFC brings their A game for the final because they'll need it...

Stryker
07-18-2008, 08:38 PM
I'd love to see them go a couple rounds deep and play the Mexican sides. My girlfriend and I will have a blast watching the games together; her being from Mexico and all.
It's the only time I'll ever allow anti TFC fandom in my home. :D

dannyd
07-18-2008, 09:06 PM
I'd love to see them go a couple rounds deep and play the Mexican sides. My girlfriend and I will have a blast watching the games together; her being from Mexico and all.
It's the only time I'll ever allow anti TFC fandom in my home. :D

effing rights... can you imagine a road trip to mexico or central america in January!!!!! I'm there...

Cashcleaner
07-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Cash, I'm with you... I'm dissapointed at the lack of exposure this game is creating. For me, I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced. I was listening to the radio this morning, and the guy says "...and for allyou soccer fans, there's a big game coming up at BMO field..." I'm stoked, like - fuck yeah - the montreal game - but intead he goes on "MLS all stars are playing West Ham" and went on about how wonderful it will be to see those diving MLS fakkers scrimmaging with an off-season B-side team. Didn't even mention the montreal game, the biggest game so far in our clubs history, the first real cup game at BMO for TFC. Some guys have no clue...

I'm actually looking forward to the All-Star match, but I agree that its overshadowed the Canadian Championship match. - and that's not cool.

I think we fans can shoulder the blame for some of it, though. The supporter groups have been gearing up for the All-Star protest (and that's not a slight to them or their hard work), but with all that talk going on, there's been less focus on the game against Montreal.

All said, I still have confidence that the game on the 22nd will be a good show, I just think it needs more attention than the club, media, and fans are giving it.

flatpicker
07-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Impact???

I'll show you an Impact!!!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/impact.jpg

FluSH
07-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Real Esteli's home ground...like i said small. :)http://www.fussballtempel.net/concacaf/NIC/Independencia.html

GRIMEY!!!

FluSH
07-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Impact???

I'll show you an Impact!!!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/impact.jpg

hahaha NICE one!

CretanBull
07-19-2008, 02:43 AM
If I had to chose between winning the MLS cup or the Champion's League - it would be Champion's league in a heart beat! The Supporter's Shield means more to me than the MLS cup...

Keystone FC
07-19-2008, 03:44 AM

Is that even regulation? Forget FIFA I wondering if that's legal for the league they're in.:noidea:

RealG-TFC
07-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Is that even regulation? Forget FIFA I wondering if that's legal for the league they're in.:noidea:

Well what do you expect form the 2nd poorest country in the entire western hemisphere?

Ugh, there are rumours that their home game might be played in Honduras, because the game is apparently supposed to be played at night, and Estadio Independencia doesn't really have floodlights. They should appeal it to CONCACAF.

Cashcleaner
07-19-2008, 10:01 AM
If I had to chose between winning the MLS cup or the Champion's League - it would be Champion's league in a heart beat! The Supporter's Shield means more to me than the MLS cup...

Agreed 100%. MLS is a bullshit league that needs to seriously sort its shit out, and while the MLS playoffs or Supporters Shield are our top goals for the league, we just can't advance any further internationally through it.

ricciboy
07-19-2008, 10:26 AM
must win

ricciboy
07-19-2008, 07:27 PM
kool

RealG-TFC
07-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Ohhh Toronto...

TFC/ARSENAL
07-19-2008, 08:27 PM
What I can't understand is why there is still tickets left for this game !!! Do people not realize this is huge not for the team only, but for us to represent our city on a Continental/international scale ?

BMO FIELD IS GOING TO BE ELECTRIC FOR THIS GAME !

This is our Cup Final boys! We have to bring our A game. Stand up and be heard and counted!

ricciboy
07-23-2008, 08:11 PM
i watched the last 10 minutes i cryed

james
07-23-2008, 08:20 PM
it was such a let down. I am furious at the whole TFC organization right now. We couldnt even make it to Champions League when all we had to do was finnish ahead of 2 USL canadian clubs.

ricciboy
07-26-2008, 01:08 PM
we need good strikers

"Tic Tac Tabarnak who the fuck are the Impact"

RicoSuave44
07-26-2008, 03:39 PM
How bout next year the CSA lets a 4th team into the round robin. Perhaps the winner of the CSL this year, or the CSL team that finishes first. Maybe a qualification tourney with all the top level amateur sides in the nation.

I'm sure this would have been suggested before, but, any thoughts?

RealG-TFC
07-26-2008, 03:59 PM
I rather the way it is now.

Cashcleaner
07-26-2008, 04:06 PM
How bout next year the CSA lets a 4th team into the round robin. Perhaps the winner of the CSL this year, or the CSL team that finishes first. Maybe a qualification tourney with all the top level amateur sides in the nation.

I'm sure this would have been suggested before, but, any thoughts?

I'm up for letting a CSL or amateur club into the competition. Why not make it 5 teams playing with an amatuer side and semi-pro side represented?

profit89
07-26-2008, 04:08 PM
I rather the way it is now.

Agree. USL/MSL teams only please and thank you.

Canary Canuck
07-26-2008, 06:45 PM
The gulf in quality between CSL teams and the USL/MLS teams is too big to be worthwhile. Even our academy team with kids wins in the CSL.

Yohan
07-26-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm all for adding a 4th team to the competition, that team being the winner of a tourney of all the amateur/semi pro teams in Canada.

Give football in Canada a boost (Canadian equivalent of FA cup?)