M- Derick Sequeira | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
F- Paco Deckers | NED / SC Heerenveen
F- Andrew Gordon | CAN / Hearts Azzuri
F- Jordan Hamilton | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
F- Luca Uccello | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
F- Derek Cornelius | Unionville SC

TFC07
01-31-2013, 08:08 PM
Congrats to those kids and their parents. Nice to see TFCA is making a big impact in Canadian youth soccer.

maxpower
01-31-2013, 10:30 PM
Luca Uccello is the best player in his age group in the province and just signed with the club a few months ago. I'll be real interested in his progression in the acadamy.

Greatest Ripoff
01-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Luca Uccello is the best player in his age group in the province and just signed with the club a few months ago. I'll be real interested in his progression in the acadamy.

Luca played for the academy last season. He was one of the key players on the u15 team and won the golden boot at the Generation Adidas Cup.

maxpower
02-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Luca played for the academy last season. He was one of the key players on the u15 team and won the golden boot at the Generation Adidas Cup.

Unaware of that, I know he was still playing for his OYSL team and the provincial team on at least a semi-regular basis until few months ago.

Soccerpro
02-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Which academy players are with the team in Florida?

Greatest Ripoff
02-01-2013, 09:59 PM

I would love to know but there has zero information on anyone who traveled with the team. I tried to do a little twitter snooping on some of the highly regarded academy players. I didn't see anything about being with the team from Tyler Pasher, Mark Wadid or Sergio Camargo. Jordan Hamilton who went last year with the team to Orlando is currently with the Can U17 team.

prizby
02-02-2013, 08:14 AM

Not sure there will be many; anyone that is there will probably be going off with Canada very shortly for the u20 concacaf championship

Waggy
02-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Interesting that there's 6 from TFCA and 6 from Whitecaps Residency. I wonder if that was intentional on the part of the CSA (also interesting Montreal has ONE. Wtf are they doing over there?)

denime
02-02-2013, 11:43 AM
6 players called up to U17 camp

GK- Marco Carducci | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
GK- Daniel Milton | CAN / Ajax Thunder
CB- Alex Comsia | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
CB- Mathieu Laurent | CAN / Mississauga
CB- Elias Roubos | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
FB- Kevon Black | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
FB- Ian Fernandes | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
FB- Aron Mkungilwa | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
M- Hanson Boakai | CAN / FC Edmonton Reserve
M- Marco Bustos | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
M- Mikaël Cantave | FRA / FC Nantes
M- Matthew Chow | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
M- Kianz Gonzales-Froese | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
M- Jordan Haynes | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
F- Paco Deckers | NED / SC Heerenveen
F- Andrew Gordon | CAN / Hearts Azzuri
F- Luca Uccello | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
F- Derek Cornelius | Unionville SC

There are 4 players from GTA REP teams that made the U17 roster,makes me wonder why are they good enough for U17 National team and not for TFCA?

ag futbol
02-02-2013, 12:20 PM
^ I don't think it's necessarily a matter of "make" in all circumstances. Some of these kids have no interest in playing for TFCA. They want to explore their options abroad.

You could argue there is an element of politics though. The way it's divided up between the professional academies and a handful of GTA clubs, no SAAC representation... might be nothing, or could be what was done to please certain corners.

Soccerpro
02-02-2013, 02:41 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/toronto-fc-takes-two-local-players-in-mls-superdraft/article7464830/

"While Toronto FC is hoping to get similar results from its own academy, which started in 2008, results have been mixed, producing players long on ego but short on talent, with some of the coaches from top European sides, who travel over every year to observe players at Sigma’s annual camp, left bemused by the coaching methods employed by the MLS club."

I have all the respect in the world for Sigma and some other Saac academies. I personally feel that once Kevin Payne is done trying to fix the first team he will have to turn his attention to the academy. What are the coaching qualifications of the coaches at TFC academy? Isn't it just a bunch of former players and a few local university coaches? I'm not saying they aren't good, but they should have their UEFA badges. I read recently ROngen bragging about TFC's youth development and how they were sending Dichio to France this year for courses, which is funny considering many FTA clubs/academies have more qualified staff than TFCA at the moment.

I think the program could use some improvements, from what I see. Then again, they keep everything so secret, I don't all that much, as opposed to the Whitecaps who do a great job with media and their academy.

Strait shooter
02-02-2013, 04:38 PM
There are 4 players from GTA REP teams that made the U17 roster,makes me wonder why are they good enough for U17 National team and not for TFCA?

Daniel Milton has signed with Blackpool and will go over in July. Always intended to go to England.
Derek Cornelius is intending to go to Europe.
Don't know about Andrew Gordon and Mathieu Laurent. Possibly Gordon is setting his sights on Europe too. Last year with provincial program, so maybe will go to TFCA April? Laurent either doesn't have aspirations or is hoping for Europe too?
Once a player goes to TFCA it becomes a problem if they can or want to try Europe. So you will find that some players will not go there. TFCA releases instead of training until the player can go and getting something for that player. Not all players can go anyway due to no citizenship or not skilled enough. :smile5:

prizby
02-02-2013, 05:06 PM
once a player starts looking at Europe, TFC acadmey releases that player

Ajax TFC
02-02-2013, 05:21 PM
not a bad idea either. No point investing time, money, and PT that could go to other players into a player that you know you wont get a return on

ag futbol
02-02-2013, 05:45 PM
^ It's a balancing act. You're right, no point in investing resources in someone who won't stick around. Also can't have a solid environment where everyone has one foot out the door.

That being said, I'd like to see TFC sell the merits of their academy more and really get focused on having the best youth trainers available run the place. The attitude I've sensed coming out of that corner of the club at times was "we're the best, take it or leave it". Unfortunately for the club, the kids these days have plenty of options. TFCA isn't the only game in town, not by a long shot.

denime
02-03-2013, 08:58 AM

Yeah,and they ask for $$$ in case players find the club.I know for the case of a boy who spent less then season with TFCA,got offer from German club and Germans drop the offer when TFC came around asking fro 12K.He wasn't develop by TFCA but by his REP team and 6 months with TFC and so called "letter of commitment" screw him up.Now he is not with TFC nor in Europe,boy is looking for some scholarship hoping he can carry on playing in NCAA.
There are many kids/boys in GTA who are refusing to go to TFCA for exact same reason,and opting to stick with their rep teams or going to Sigma FC academy.
SIGMA FC has already committed several players to NCAA Div.1 soccer programs for the fall, joining more than 30 players that have received scholarships in the past three years and after this year draft they are overwhelm by parents from younger players and 15-18 old ones registering for their winter tryouts.

What I'm trying to say is while TFCA should be #1 option in Ontario for talented boys,they are still not manage to convince parents and players that TFCA is place to be.Last TFCA open tryouts 20 days ago was nothing else then PR,they did not pick any boys all they did collect data and send all parents "thanks for coming,here is 30% off for our summer camps" email.

denime
02-03-2013, 08:59 AM
^ It's a balancing act. You're right, no point in investing resources in someone who won't stick around. Also can't have a solid environment where everyone has one foot out the door.

That being said, I'd like to see TFC sell the merits of their academy more and really get focused on having the best youth trainers available run the place. The attitude I've sensed coming out of that corner of the club at times was "we're the best, take it or leave it". Unfortunately for the club, the kids these days have plenty of options. TFCA isn't the only game in town, not by a long shot.

QFT many options indeed!

ag futbol
02-03-2013, 06:45 PM
^ Yeah, the other thing about the letter of commitment is its questionable legality. My bet would be that if someone was willing to fight it, TFC would be all bark and no bite. It's about the illusion they can control where these players are going, which they want to preserve. If they went to court and it got thrown out, they'd look stupid and have drawn attention to how helpless they are. I'm sure the Germany club just smirked a little bit and thought it wasn't worth their trouble for a prospect.

Anyway, that's not to say TFC shouldn't take measures to stop players from leaving or be concerned about this type of activity, but I think the main solution to this problem is offering extremely high quality training and drawing attention to it. For example, the staff should be high enough quality where we'd laugh at the idea of comparing them to the amateur clubs around the GTA.

Soccerpro
02-03-2013, 07:48 PM
^ Yeah, the other thing about the letter of commitment is its questionable legality. My bet would be that if someone was willing to fight it, TFC would be all bark and no bite. It's about the illusion they can control where these players are going, which they want to preserve. If they went to court and it got thrown out, they'd look stupid and have drawn attention to how helpless they are. I'm sure the Germany club just smirked a little bit and thought it wasn't worth their trouble for a prospect.

Anyway, that's not to say TFC shouldn't take measures to stop players from leaving or be concerned about this type of activity, but I think the main solution to this problem is offering extremely high quality training and drawing attention to it. For example, the staff should be high enough quality where we'd laugh at the idea of comparing them to the amateur clubs around the GTA.

Exactly. However as it stands, they're not at that quality, and they have no one else to blame but themselves.

spark
02-04-2013, 12:41 PM

This is pretty much it. I pretty much spat out my coffee last year (2011?) during the whole Aleman debacle when Mariner would mention ManU and Barca's academies in the same breath as TFCA.

Right now it is all about the facilities, which is also the same for the organization for a whole. Maybe this will begin to change but TFC has been all sizzle no steak for most of the last seven years.

Yohan
02-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Don't think it's worth a new thread, so I'll post U20 stuff here.

CONCACAF U20 tourney

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-m20-names-roster-for-pre-tournament-camp-in-mexico-p153256-preview-1

1- GK- Ricky Gomes | POR / Sport Clube de Mirandela
2- FB- Jon Dollery | ENG / Crawley Town FC
3- FB- Marco Lapenna | GER / FC Erzgebirge Aue
4- CB- Doneil Henry | CAN / Toronto FC
5- CB- Daniel Stanese | GER / FC Nürnberg Reserve
6- M- Samuel Piette | GER / Fortuna Düsseldorf
7- M- Ben Fisk | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC U-23
8- M - Bryce Alderson | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
9- F- Caleb Clarke | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
10- M- Keven Aleman | ESP / Real Valladolid
11- M- Michael Petrasso | ENG / Queens Park Rangers
12- M- Dylan Carreiro | ENG / Queens Park Rangers
13- M- Alessandro Riggi | ESP / Celta de Vigo
14- F- Yassin Essa | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
15- CB- Manjrekar James | HUN / PMFC-MATIAS
16- M- Mauro Eustáquio | POR / Sporting Clube de Pombal
17- F- Anthony Jackson-Hamel | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
18- GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
19- FB- Jordan Murrell | USA / Syracuse University
20- M- Zakaria Messoudi | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
21- M- Ben McKendry | USA / University of New Mexico
22- F- Stefan Vukovic | Unattached / sans club
23- FB- Allan Zebie | CAN / Edmonton FC Reserve

elironico
02-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Not to mention Jordan Murrell...

prizby
02-05-2013, 06:07 PM

CONCACAF U20 tourney

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-m20-names-roster-for-pre-tournament-camp-in-mexico-p153256-preview-1

forgot one

Yohan
02-06-2013, 02:16 AM
TFC academy U17 team will participate in AEGON Future Cup hosted by Ajax.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/1/27/3922114/toronto-fc-to-aegon-future-cup

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ajax.nl%2FNieuws%2FNieuwsarchie f%2FNieuwsartikel%2FDebutanten-op-AEGON-Future-Cup.htm

GeorgeR
02-06-2013, 11:52 AM

It's not that they're not good enough. They have to make the decision themselves to get out there, and for some I guess they don't feel that TFCA will benefit them which is totally incorrect.

jiforio
02-07-2013, 12:50 AM
Kudos to TFC for having 6 players called to the under-17 camp, however Vancouver has 6 players attending as well. It should also be noted that we only have 1 player, Henry (same as bush league Edmonton FC) attending the Under -20 camp whereas Montreal has three of their players and Vancouver has FOUR. It seems our academy may not be making the strides we are lead to believe.

Yohan
02-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Kudos to TFC for having 6 players called to the under-17 camp, however Vancouver has 6 players attending as well. It should also be noted that we only have 1 player, Henry (same as bush league Edmonton FC) attending the Under -20 camp whereas Montreal has three of their players and Vancouver has FOUR. It seems our academy may not be making the strides we are lead to believe.
5 ex TFC academy players on U20 team...

Greatest Ripoff
02-08-2013, 12:42 PM
There will be a show on GOLTV tonight about the recent open tryouts for the academy. Here is a teaser video.

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2013/02/07/tfc-academy-open-tryouts

Yagbod
02-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Any update on where they will play this year? I had heard that TFC had a back up plan for the CSL debacle, but I have not heard what it is.

Greatest Ripoff
02-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Any update on where they will play this year? I had heard that TFC had a back up plan for the CSL debacle, but I have not heard what it is.

No idea where the Junior, Senior and u23/college team will play. They did have a team play in the OSL last year, that could be a possible destination for the u23 team.

I was reading on twitter last weekend that the u16 team had their first match of the season in Oakville and won 3-0.

denime
02-08-2013, 05:37 PM

Junior academy will play in OSL regardless what happens with CSL reserve league.

Sigma academy U16,U17 teams are playing OSL U21 regional,and U18 up to 1st team OSL Provincial level,so I'm sure TFC realized that would be better option for junior academy than CSL reserve league and sign them up already.

denime
02-08-2013, 05:42 PM
There will be a show on GOLTV tonight about the recent open tryouts for the academy. Here is a teaser video.

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2013/02/07/tfc-academy-open-tryouts

Open tryouts my ass,that was pure 100% PR and marketing scheme to get enough data(emails) so they can advertize TFC March Break and Summer camps.

No one was picked up and all participants received generic email were they cc to up to 30 parents at the time instead of personal emails,and of course all participants got voucher for 30% off for march break and summer camps.

Just when you think they are about to do something right,TFC manages to screw up once again and makes sure that parents with really talented kids stay away from them.

Soccerpro
02-08-2013, 10:33 PM
TFC could learn from the Galaxy's recent announcement http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2013/02/la-galaxy-create-academy-alliance.
They need to drag the net wider.

Jason DeVos says that TFC have had absolutely nothing to do with the soon to be OPDL. Disappointing. They should be taking the lead as the top of the pyramid the way the Caps do with the BCHPL in Vancouver.

I know TFC have their CAP, but to my knowledge, it's never really done anything.

Their new facility seems to be the only thing they can talk about/do properly.

I see Sigma FC just announced 2 players are off to UConn, besides possibly Mark Wadid at Penn State, are there any TFC players off to the NCAA?

Greatest Ripoff
02-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Unaware of that, I know he was still playing for his OYSL team and the provincial team on at least a semi-regular basis until few months ago.

Just saw this on Red Nation Online. It's about Luca and his brother Michael joining TFCA.

http://rednationonline.ca/Articles2012/UccellosproudtobeMadeinCanada.aspx

moralis
02-10-2013, 06:01 PM
According to Armen Bedakian of Red Nation Online: TFC Academy player Tyler Pasher has left TFC academy

Armen Bedakian ‏@ArmenBedakian (https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian) Update on Tyler Pasher - looks like the leftback has indeed been cut from Toronto FC. #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) #MLS (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MLS&src=hash) #TFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFClive&src=hash)

https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian/status/300682432460513281

Soccerpro
02-10-2013, 06:17 PM
According to Armen Bedakian of Red Nation Online: TFC Academy player Tyler Pasher has left TFC academy

Armen Bedakian ‏@ArmenBedakian (https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian) Update on Tyler Pasher - looks like the leftback has indeed been cut from Toronto FC. #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) #MLS (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MLS&src=hash) #TFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFClive&src=hash)

Hope he at least goes the NCAA route

denime
02-10-2013, 08:08 PM

SO,here how it works,TFCA asks parents/players to sign letter of commitment for 1 year and asking players and parents for 100% commitment only to cut 4 U16 boys only one month into a year.
They demoted 4 '98 boys to '99 team,2 boys'99 to 2000,dropped one kid from'99 to 200 because he wasn't good(read big) enough,only to cut him from 2000 two weeks later because he was to advance for 2000.
What TFCA is doing right now is simply chasing away very talented players and their parents to stay away from TFCA,and that's shame.
If they really want to have this academy running,TFC should hire coaches from Europe or USA,experience coaches who don't have agendas and do not bring players from their former rep teams only,if TFC wants to have local coaches at TFCA,that's fine but only as assistant coaches not head coaches.I have a bad feeling by the time they get their shit together many,many good kids will and up at Montreal,Vancouver or Europe.

Soccerpro
02-10-2013, 08:17 PM
SO,here how it works,TFCA asks parents/players to sign letter of commitment for 1 year and asking players and parents for 100% commitment only to cut 4 U16 boys only one month into a year.
They demoted 4 '98 boys to '99 team,2 boys'99 to 2000,dropped one kid from'99 to 200 because he wasn't good(read big) enough,only to cut him from 2000 two weeks later because he was to advance for 2000.
What TFCA is doing right now is simply chasing away very talented players and their parents to stay away from TFCA,and that's shame.
If they really want to have this academy running,TFC should hire coaches from Europe or USA,experience coaches who don't have agendas and do not bring players from their former rep teams only,if TFC wants to have local coaches at TFCA,that's fine but only as assistant coaches not head coaches.I have a bad feeling by the time they get their shit together many,many good kids will and up at Montreal,Vancouver or Europe.

denime, I see 2 Sigma players signed for UConn this week. Is your son still with them?

ArmenJBX
02-10-2013, 08:24 PM
I've heard it from two sources now but I don't know the details just yet.

Both sources tell me that Pasher has left Toronto FC. Who asked for what, I'm not quite sure.

I'll keep you posted, of course!

prizby
02-10-2013, 11:51 PM
TFC Academy is just for show...when you thought it wasn't possible for them screw up another thing, it's looking more and more likely they are now

Manager87
02-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Im manager of Toronto Croatia in the CSL......last year senior academy team had the best team since TFC has entered the CSL....although last year senior academy team was u-23....i could tell you Danny Dichio has been doing a great job with th boys

Voodooman
02-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Jim Brennan has done a good job with the reserve team in the CSL as well.. ^ and nice to see you join Ivan

Manager87
02-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Yah while jimmy b was coach of the TFC junior academy coach.....how do you kno my name?

prizby
02-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Yah while jimmy b was coach of the TFC junior academy coach.....how do you kno my name?

wikipedia search?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Croatia

yes, last year was the best team they put on, but from a talented kids perspective, what is the point of joining TFC academy if it is not going to get you anywhere? I've watched academy games..it is easy to pick out who some of the more talented players are on the team; to the point that they have gone as far as they can developing wise playing in the CSL and need a next level. That next level is MLS. which to be fair, is probably too big of a step to make right away, so now you have kids that are leaving the academy like Vukovic and now Pasher and what are they to do?

denime
02-11-2013, 11:30 PM
denime, I see 2 Sigma players signed for UConn this week. Is your son still with them?

Yes they did signed 2 players for UConn and they signed 19 years old Manjrekar James in Hungarian First Division with PMFC.

My son is not with Sigma anymore,he hit a growth spurt last year and he was suffering for the most of the year,for last 3-4 months he took some time off from soccer,we concentrated on physio and agility and in March he is going two weeks to train with Man.City after that will see.

For the sake of TFC long term success I wish they really stop using TFCA as PR and marketing to sell their March break and summer camps and concentrate on development.
How much they have no interest in that is the fact that TFCA will not be a part of new OPDL.

denime
02-11-2013, 11:31 PM
wikipedia search?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Croatia

yes, last year was the best team they put on, but from a talented kids perspective, what is the point of joining TFC academy if it is not going to get you anywhere? I've watched academy games..it is easy to pick out who some of the more talented players are on the team; to the point that they have gone as far as they can developing wise playing in the CSL and need a next level. That next level is MLS. which to be fair, is probably too big of a step to make right away, so now you have kids that are leaving the academy like Vukovic and now Pasher and what are they to do?

TFC needs U21 academy team,just like most of MLS teams,so that boys like Vukovic and Pasher have few more years to develop before big step to MLS.

Manager87
02-11-2013, 11:36 PM
From my understanding as of the upcoming CSL season TFC academy has gone back to U21 or U20 as last year they fielded a U23 team

prizby
02-12-2013, 12:02 AM
TFC needs U21 academy team,just like most of MLS teams,so that boys like Vukovic and Pasher have few more years to develop before big step to MLS.

last year basically was that; this year they have a u23/college team; it's mind boggling

SamK
02-12-2013, 12:25 AM
Yes they did signed 2 players for UConn and they signed 19 years old Manjrekar James in Hungarian First Division with PMFC.

My son is not with Sigma anymore,he hit a growth spurt last year and he was suffering for the most of the year,for last 3-4 months he took some time off from soccer,we concentrated on physio and agility and in March he is going two weeks to train with Man.City after that will see.

For the sake of TFC long term success I wish they really stop using TFCA as PR and marketing to sell their March break and summer camps and concentrate on development.
How much they have no interest in that is the fact that TFCA will not be a part of new OPDL.

Amazing, we played on the same team from 12-14 or so. Although he was great when we played together he was the second best of the two CBs. But good for him.

GeorgeR
02-12-2013, 12:34 AM
The lads won their first of three friendlies this past Saturday, 4-1. Can't remember the club. The next two are to be played Tuesday, and Thursday, both against u17 Costa Rica. Ucello found the back of the net twice in his Youth International debut.

Red CB Toronto
02-12-2013, 12:56 AM
The lads won their first of three friendlies this past Saturday, 4-1. Can't remember the club. The next two are to be played Tuesday, and Thursday, both against u17 Costa Rica. Ucello found the back of the net twice in his Youth International debut.

What time and where are these games being played this week?

prizby
02-12-2013, 08:39 AM

coming off the bench no less

Yohan
02-20-2013, 10:23 PM
http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/2/20/4008918/toronto-fc-heading-to-the-dallas-cup

TFC Academy is playing in the Milk Cup again

Soccerpro
02-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Don't you mean the Dallas Cup?
Where is there anything in that article about the Milk Cup in N.I?

Strait shooter
02-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Well this is interesting timing wise. The u17mnt is playing at concacaf from April 6-19. They get together for a camp starting March 30. Considering that TFCA have sent 5-6 players to each u17 camp, who will go to the Dallas Cup and the AEGON Future Cup tournament? I guess this will open the door for other 96s and 97s to go to the AEGON. Probably enough 94s and 95s around to go to Dallas. Is this going to turn into a club vs country thing?

Yohan
02-26-2013, 06:32 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/sportsnet-live/

U20 match on now.

1-0 on Dylan Carreiro strike

DoubleUp
02-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Why doesnt Tfc just buy Sigma!??, and pump more money in since they are already doing a better job.

Dub Narcotic
02-27-2013, 01:45 AM
I'm unclear why Toronto has not joined the USSDA like every other MLS club. The MLS/USSF also rates the academies every year, so it would allow the team to benchmark itself against the best practices of the entire league.

TFC07
02-27-2013, 02:31 AM
I'm unclear why Toronto has not joined the USSDA like every other MLS club. The MLS/USSF also rates the academies every year, so it would allow the team to benchmark itself against the best practices of the entire league.

TFC academy is one of best in MLS. They proven it through signings to first team and doing well in MLS academy tournament (can't remember what they call it). TFC playing against men (CSL) is providing valuable experience and it's provide good competition to our teams. Also, it cheaper to play locally while culturally helps develop some pride playing for Toronto and in Toronto/Ontario.

denime
02-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Why doesnt Tfc just buy Sigma!??, and pump more money in since they are already doing a better job.

Because then Sigma would have to do TFC way and that would just screw up their program.

Soccerpro
02-27-2013, 12:58 PM
TFC academy is one of best in MLS. They proven it through signings to first team and doing well in MLS academy tournament (can't remember what they call it). TFC playing against men (CSL) is providing valuable experience and it's provide good competition to our teams. Also, it cheaper to play locally while culturally helps develop some pride playing for Toronto and in Toronto/Ontario.

Other MLS teams don't treat the Sum Cup seriously these daysthe way TFC does since they play in the USSDA. Many bring trialists to play in it. Other academies are hmore highly regarded than TFC ie FC Dallas. Signing a bunch of prospects that arent ready for the 1st team and then cutting them after two years of riding the bench doesn't make a strong academy. One can argue TFC are in the "top tier" of academies, but it's hard to classify how many other clubs are in that group and what the qualifications are.

I believe it would be in their best interest to join the USSDA.

Greatest Ripoff
02-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Other MLS teams don't treat the Sum Cup seriously these daysthe way TFC does since they play in the USSDA. Many bring trialists to play in it. Other academies are hmore highly regarded than TFC ie FC Dallas. Signing a bunch of prospects that arent ready for the 1st team and then cutting them after two years of riding the bench doesn't make a strong academy. One can argue TFC are in the "top tier" of academies, but it's hard to classify how many other clubs are in that group and what the qualifications are.

I don't think he was referring to the Sum Cup but the rather the Generation Adidas cup. Unless they are the same thing. I don't really see a reason to go the USSDA route. But one things I would LOVE is a youth Voyageurs Cup. You could get the four teams together in one location and play it over a week and a half.

Macksam
02-28-2013, 08:10 PM

I think the academy will be better off in L1O, when it eventually gets sanctioned that is.

prizby
03-01-2013, 02:08 AM
the academy has bigger problems than just what league they play in...the difference between academy level and first team is massive; it is a hard jump to make; tfc and the academy is in desperate need of having something in between to make the jumps softer and so young players don't sit on the bench while not getting the playing minutes they need to develop

denime
03-02-2013, 07:07 AM

CONCACAF U20 tourney

1- GK- Ricky Gomes | POR / Sport Clube de Mirandela
2- FB- Jon Dollery | ENG / Crawley Town FC
3- FB- Marco Lapenna | GER / FC Erzgebirge Aue
4- CB- Doneil Henry | CAN / Toronto FC
5- CB- Daniel Stanese | GER / FC Nürnberg Reserve
6- M- Samuel Piette | GER / Fortuna Düsseldorf
7- M- Ben Fisk | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC U-23
8- M - Bryce Alderson | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
9- F- Caleb Clarke | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
10- M- Keven Aleman | ESP / Real Valladolid
11- M- Michael Petrasso | ENG / Queens Park Rangers
12- M- Dylan Carreiro | ENG / Queens Park Rangers
13- M- Alessandro Riggi | ESP / Celta de Vigo
14- F- Yassin Essa | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
15- CB- Manjrekar James | HUN / PMFC-MATIAS
16- M- Mauro Eustáquio | POR / Sporting Clube de Pombal
17- F- Anthony Jackson-Hamel | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
18- GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
20- M- Zakaria Messoudi | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
21- M- Ben McKendry | USA / University of New Mexico
22- F- Stefan Vukovic | Poland /Śląsk Wrocław
23- FB- Allan Zebie | CAN / Edmonton FC Reserve

FIXED,played soccer last night with Stefan's father,2 days ago Stefan signed professional contract in Poland with their last year champions Slask Wroclaw,he is with 1st team,and boy is very happy to get the chance to play pro.

http://ekstraklasa.net/ekstraklasa/slask-podpisal-kontrakt-ze-stefanem-vukoviciem,artykul.html?material_id=513055bffbaedd db16010000

kompot
03-02-2013, 07:51 AM
According to the link, Vukovic was called up to the first team due to a regulation about not being an EU citizen, but will actually train with the youth team. He left on a free transfer and has a contract until the end of the season.

He joins a couple other Canadians at the club: Patryk Misik, Patryk Majcher and Michał Krzemiński.

Ajax TFC
03-11-2013, 09:50 AM
TFC is in pool A with Ajax, Tottenham, and Sao Paulo for the AEGON Future Cup

http://www.ajax.nl/Nieuws/Nieuwsarchief/Nieuwsartikel/Sao-Paulo-plaatst-zich-voor-Future-Cup.htm

prizby
03-11-2013, 11:00 AM
u12 team (playing u13 division), u14 team (playing u15 division), and u16 team (playing u16 division against teams with u17 players though for some odd reason) all played at the Annandale Premier Cup in Washington DC this past weekend.

u12 and u14 teams won all there games winning their division's tournament.
u16 team struggled to last in there group with a 2-2 draw with DC United's 96/97 academy team and a pair of 2-1 losses

Yohan
03-12-2013, 02:20 PM
http://canadiansoccerleague.com/newsnet/templates/?a=690&z=5

TFC Academy confirmed not playing in CSL this year

prizby
03-13-2013, 09:49 AM
u19 team that is going to play at the dallas cup in April beat Notre Dame 'B' team I guess you could call them 2-1 yesterday

Yohan
03-14-2013, 10:41 AM
u12 team (playing u13 division), u14 team (playing u15 division), and u16 team (playing u16 division against teams with u17 players though for some odd reason) all played at the Annandale Premier Cup in Washington DC this past weekend.

u12 and u14 teams won all there games winning their division's tournament.
u16 team struggled to last in there group with a 2-2 draw with DC United's 96/97 academy team and a pair of 2-1 losses
article

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/03/tfc-academy-update

notthesun
03-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Provisional TFCA roster for the Dallas Cup (http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/3/15/4108796/toronto-fc-academy-dallas-cup-roster-schedule). Playing Aalborg BK, Tigres, and Fluminense in their group.

1 Quillan Roberts
2 Alain Sargeant
3 Adam Polakewicz
4 Michael Wagenknecht
5 Nikola Paunic
6 Eli Roubos
7 Omari Morris
8 Manuel Aparicio
9 Jordan Hamilton
10 Sergio Camargo
11 Mark-Anthony Kaye
14 Duran Lee
15 Dylan Sacramento
16 Mark Wadid
17 Daniel Jodah
18 Alex Pothemont
20 Mathew Stowell
20 Chris Mannella
21 Jevon Gayle

Soccerpro
03-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Provisional TFCA roster for the Dallas Cup (http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/3/15/4108796/toronto-fc-academy-dallas-cup-roster-schedule). Playing Aalborg BK, Tigres, and Fluminense in their group.

1 Quillan Roberts
2 Alain Sargeant
3 Adam Polakewicz
4 Michael Wagenknecht
5 Nikola Paunic
6 Eli Roubos
7 Omari Morris
8 Manuel Aparicio
9 Jordan Hamilton
10 Sergio Camargo
11 Mark-Anthony Kaye
14 Duran Lee
15 Dylan Sacramento
16 Mark Wadid
17 Daniel Jodah
18 Alex Pothemont
20 Mathew Stowell
20 Chris Mannella
21 Jevon Gayle

Interesting that Morris, who redshirted at Akron is on the squad as well as Polakewicz who was previously with the Whitecaps academy for a few years.

Manager87
03-24-2013, 10:54 PM
The senior academy lost there first game today at the dallas cup

AALBORG BK (DEN) 2 TORONTO FC ACADEMY (CND) 0

back on the field tommrow

2:00 PM TIGRES (MEX) TORONTO FC ACADEMY (CND) Richland #10

Manager87
03-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Offical website of the dallas cup

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?eventid=31224&FieldID=0&applicationID=1773474&action=Go

notthesun
03-25-2013, 04:06 PM
TFCA ties Tigres 2-2 in their second group match. Goals from Wadid and Aparicio.

Final group match against Fluminense, who beat Tigres 3-0.

Greatest Ripoff
03-25-2013, 04:19 PM
TFCA ties Tigres 2-2 in their second group match. Goals from Wadid and Aparicio.

Final group match against Fluminense, who beat Tigres 3-0.

Nice. Really hope playing in the NCAA doesn't hinder the development of Wadid. Hopefully he'll be back with TFC each summer.

prizby
03-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Nice. Really hope playing in the NCAA doesn't hinder the development of Wadid. Hopefully he'll be back with TFC each summer.

Penn State is a good soccer school (at least I know for women's soccer it is); hopefully he can go away; develop, then come back in a year or two and sign and have a DeAndre Yedin effect

Manager87
03-25-2013, 10:02 PM
2:00 pm tigres (mex) 2 toronto fc academy (cnd) 2

Greatest Ripoff
03-25-2013, 11:10 PM
does anyone know Dichio is actually at the tournament coaching the team? I saw he was on Soccer Central tonight which is filmed in Toronto.

notthesun
03-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Yes, he's there.

But not for much longer as TFCA lost 1-0 to Fluminense today, eliminating them from the tournament.

Yohan
03-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Concacaf U17 tourney call ups

GK- Daniel Milton | CAN / Ajax Thunder
GK- James Pantemis | CAN / Lakeshore SC
D- Alex Comsia | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
D- Mathieu Laurent | CAN / Mississauga Falcons
D- Elias Roubos | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
D- Kevon Black | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
D- Ian Fernandes | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
D- Aron Mkungilwa | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
D- Samuel Vinson | USA / West Pine Strikers
M- Mikaël Cantave | FRA / Orvault Sport Football
M- Marco-Leonel Dominguez | CAN / Braves d'Ahuntsic
M/F- Hanson Boakai | CAN / FC Edmonton Reserve
F- El Mehdi Ibn Brahim | CAN / Braves d'Ahuntsic
F- Derek Cornelius | CAN / Unionville U-21
M- Ali Musse | CAN / WSA . Winnipeg
M- Andrew Gordon | CAN / Woodbridge Strikers

TFC07
03-28-2013, 01:22 PM
4 kids from GTA clubs made it. Interesting that TFCA didn't have more kids picked for U-17 tournament while those 4 GTA kids who don't play for TFCA made the squad.

lazlo_80
03-29-2013, 12:43 PM
4 kids from GTA clubs made it. Interesting that TFCA didn't have more kids picked for U-17 tournament while those 4 GTA kids who don't play for TFCA made the squad.

You can't expect every kid from the GTA who gets called up to these teams to be from the TFCA. It's not a knock on the TFCA, or there ability to identify talent. Having 5 kids called up is fantastic.

TFC07
03-29-2013, 01:01 PM
You can't expect every kid from the GTA who gets called up to these teams to be from the TFCA. It's not a knock on the TFCA, or there ability to identify talent. Having 5 kids called up is fantastic.

You're right, but given resources that TFC have (or should have), it should be a place all best talented kids from GTA want to go and develop their game. TFCA should be face of GTA soccer. I am happy other clubs/leagues in GTA are developing players for NT programs, but in TFCA POV, this isn't good news for them. Having 4 non-TFCA kids from GTA making it national squad while only having 5 players from your academy picked shows they're improvements to be made.

lazlo_80
03-29-2013, 02:12 PM
You're right, but given resources that TFC have (or should have), it should be a place all best talented kids from GTA want to go and develop their game. TFCA should be face of GTA soccer. I am happy other clubs/leagues in GTA are developing players for NT programs, but in TFCA POV, this isn't good news for them. Having 4 non-TFCA kids from GTA making it national squad while only having 5 players from your academy picked shows they're improvements to be made.

I agree with you. But in a market the size of Toronto it's going to be tough always identifying the best players, especially when there's only 30 spaces or so per age group. Even a team like Ajax doesn't get every top prospect in Amsterdam. To your point too, I think TFCA is the overwhelming face of GTA soccer, and having some diversity of options for places these kids can develop is always good. It would be scarier if TFCA was the only place where a kid could develop.

SamK
03-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Although its possible TFCA isn't the best program in Toronto I think people are over thinking the fact that not all players from Toronto on the U17 Canada team play for TFCA.
There could be a variety of reasons for this, the kids don't fit into the way TFCA wants to play, they're happy playing on a team with their friends. Who knows, but I think 5 players from one team is pretty substantial.
I also think that having more players chosen from the TFCA than all of the rest of the GTA is actually good news for the team, not bad news as was pointed out above.

TFC07
03-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Although its possible TFCA isn't the best program in Toronto I think people are over thinking the fact that not all players from Toronto on the U17 Canada team play for TFCA.
There could be a variety of reasons for this, the kids don't fit into the way TFCA wants to play, they're happy playing on a team with their friends. Who knows, but I think 5 players from one team is pretty substantial.
I also think that having more players chosen from the TFCA than all of the rest of the GTA is actually good news for the team, not bad news as was pointed out above.
There's only 4 professional Canadian clubs in this country with academies (one professional team in Ontario). Given size of Ontario and huge supply of soccer players in this province, only having 5 players on NT while Vancouver Whitecaps have 6 players despite lack of population in BC is actually underwhelming. Add to fact, we got kids from GTA who play for non-professional clubs making to NT as well shows TFCA isn't what it's made out to be and they're underperforming despite resources they have to success and be a face of GTA and rest of Canada in terms of developing the best players.

Strait shooter
03-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Daniel Milton has signed with Blackpool of the English Championship. He goes in July.

Derek Cornelius is looking at going to Europe, therefore did not trial with TFCA.

Andrew Gordon is looking at his options, doesn't appear that TFCA is on the top of the list.

Greatest Ripoff
03-30-2013, 09:05 AM
TFC u17 currently up 1-0 over Tottenmham at the Aegon future cup.

@tfcacademy (https://twitter.com/tfcacademy) is live tweeting this match.

pdogg
03-30-2013, 10:09 AM
TFC u17 currently up 1-0 over Tottenmham at the Aegon future cup.

@tfcacademy (https://twitter.com/tfcacademy) is live tweeting this match.

TFCA vs Tottenham Academy - End Result: 1-0!

PopePouri
03-30-2013, 11:20 AM
That's pretty awesome!

Yohan
03-30-2013, 09:08 PM
http://english.ajax.nl/News/Archive/Article/Future-Cup-Sao-Paulo-FC-Toronto-1.htm

http://www.ajax.nl/upload/6ef4da3a-df0c-453f-8500-c3433d3a9e03_U17%20-%20Toronto%20FC.jpg

dantdot
03-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Highlights from the Spurs and Ajax games.

EkHE4mlKn8A
iIy5h1nm9vs

moralis
03-31-2013, 12:32 PM
Highlights of TFC Academy vs Tottenham Hotspurs Academy: TFC with 1-0 win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHE4mlKn8A

Yohan
03-31-2013, 07:19 PM
TFC Academy lost 2-0 to Sao Paolo. TFC will play Bayern Munich for 5-6th place match. But at least they can say they did better than Barca & Tottenham youths who will be playing for 7-8th place

Alonso
03-31-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm amazed that they kept all their games close so far and actually won one.

These tournaments will go a long way to giving our academy players the confidence that they are not far off from some of the best players in the world in their age group.

Adam
03-31-2013, 10:47 PM
Absolutely fantastic results by the guys. Glad to see them battling it out with the best

Soccerpro
03-31-2013, 10:52 PM
TFC Academy lost 2-0 to Sao Paolo. TFC will play Bayern Munich for 5-6th place match. But at least they can say they did better than Barca & Tottenham youths who will be playing for 7-8th place

But will they be able to produce as many 1st team players in a few years?

Yohan
04-01-2013, 11:25 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/04/academy-gains-euro-experience

Lost to Bayern Munich 3-0 and ended up 6th in the tourney. Still, good experience for academy

TFC07
04-01-2013, 11:47 AM
But will they be able to produce as many 1st team players in a few years?

I except Jordan Hamilton to sign with first team eventually. I can't say about others, but Hamilton could potentially be the best player to come out of TFCA if he keeps on developing.

prizby
04-01-2013, 11:47 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/04/academy-gains-euro-experience

Lost to Bayern Munich 3-0 and ended up 6th in the tourney. Still, good experience for academy

the 5 u17 players called up to Canada were absent for this game

moralis
04-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Highlights of TFC Academy vs Bayern Munich Academy: Munich with 3-0 win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWCh7FPTejg

notthesun
04-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Penn State confirms the recruitment of 10 players for 2013 (http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/040513aaa.html), including two TFC Academy players, Mark Wadid and Michael Wagenknecht. Blurbs on both players:

Wadid, a striker for the Canadian U18 National Team, travelled with the squad to San Jose, Costa Rica, in November of 2011 and produced a pair of goals against the Costa Rican National Team. The same year he earned the golden boot award at the Canadian U17 National Championships with Erin Mill's Eagles, scoring 10 goals to help his team capture gold. He also played for Mills on two Ontario Cup-winning squads. Wadid is no stranger to scoring from the attacking forward position, as he produced a four-goal effort against 16 Crew Soccer Academy in Columbus, Ohio. Wadid is currently playing with Toronto FC Academy under head coach Danny Dichio.

Wagenknecht has spent time in the midfield with the Canadian U18 National Team under head coach Rob Gale, as well as the Toronto FC Academy alongside teammate Wadid. In 2012, the duo helped Toronto FC Academy reach the Generation adidas Cup final in Seattle after beating out squads from LA Galaxy, FC Dallas and DC United in group play and downing Columbus in a penalty shootout in the semifinals. Wagenknecht has also competed in the Canadian Soccer League, the highest level of soccer in Canada aside from MLS, since he was 16.

Greatest Ripoff
04-10-2013, 11:55 AM
It looks like TFC will have two teams in the OSL this year. One team in the Provincial Elite and one in the Provincial U21 West. Sigma FC will have teams in both leagues.

http://ontariosl.com/ViewArticle.aspx?NewsID=132

Yohan
04-10-2013, 04:18 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet-live/

Canada vs Trinidad and Tobago U17 630pm tonight

notthesun
04-10-2013, 04:44 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet-live/

Canada vs Trinidad and Tobago U17 630pm tonight

From wikipedia:

On the next match day (10 Apr)

Canada win the group if they do not lose to Costa Rica by at least 2 goals
Costa Rica win the group if they defeat Canada by at least 3 goals
Trinidad and Tobago are runner-up if the result is any score other than Costa Rica win by exactly 2 goals
If Costa Rica win 2-0, all 3 teams will draw lots to determine the advancing teams and seeding
If Costa Rica by 2 goals (except 2-0), Canada and Costa Rica advance, drawing lots to determine seeding

So a 1-0 loss or better and Canada finishes top of their group. Winners of the quarter-finals qualify for the U-17 World Cup. TFCA player Jordan Hamilton had a goal in Canada's 2-0 win over Trinidad.

Greatest Ripoff
04-10-2013, 04:44 PM
It looks like TFC will have two teams in the OSL this year. One team in the Provincial Elite and one in the Provincial U21 West. Sigma FC will have teams in both leagues.

http://ontariosl.com/ViewArticle.aspx?NewsID=132

With the OSL, TFCA will also being taken part in cup competitions. The schedules for these are up now.

U21 Cup

Winner Game 6

vs

Toronto FC

Sunday May 5, 13
9:00am Downsview 2

http://ontariosl.com/PageDisplay.aspx?SideMenuID=238

Alf Beese Cup (Provincial Elite teams)

Toronto FC

Vs

Caledon FC

Friday May 3, 2013
9:00pm Downsview 2

http://ontariosl.com/PageDisplay.aspx?SideMenuID=197

notthesun
04-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Canada U-17s beats Jamaica U-17s to reach the semi-finals of the CONCACAF U-17 Championship, and in doing so qualify for the U-17 World Cup. Jordan Hamilton of TFC Academy changed the game, coming on in the 2nd half to immediately provide an assist on Hanson Boakai's equalizer to make the score 2-2. Canada got a third and then Hamilton scored the insurance goal with a header in the box.

JuliquE
04-14-2013, 05:17 AM
Canada U-17s beats Jamaica U-17s to reach the semi-finals of the CONCACAF U-17 Championship, and in doing so qualify for the U-17 World Cup. Jordan Hamilton of TFC Academy changed the game, coming on in the 2nd half to immediately provide an assist on Hanson Boakai's equalizer to make the score 2-2. Canada got a third and then Hamilton scored the insurance goal with a header in the box.
Music -- music to my ears.

Was this broadcast anywhere?

prizby
04-14-2013, 06:22 AM
wish the academy had local boy andrew gordon as well

sulfur
04-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Sportsnet.ca has been streaming all of the games. Next one is against Panama.

notthesun
04-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Music -- music to my ears.

It was streamed on sportsnet.ca as has been said, and I posted the highlights over here (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?33982-Canada-U17-Jamaica-U-17-Match-Highlights-Canada-Qualifies-for-the-U-17-World-Cup).

Walms
04-15-2013, 10:04 AM

My comp at home blew up so this is the first im hearing of this! awesome news!

Strait shooter
04-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Sportsnet will be showing the game live on sportsnet world Wednesday night 9:00 pm our time.

notthesun
04-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Another goal for Jordan Hamilton, this time a 94th minute equalizer in the 3rd place match against Honduras. Canada later won on PKs after a goal for each side in extra time.

Walms
04-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Small bit of revenge as Canada takes down Honduras on PK's for the bronze

Greatest Ripoff
05-10-2013, 09:08 AM
I saw on twitter that Mark Wadid is now playing for Sigma FC. Anyone have info on that move? He was with the senior academy in Dallas a couple of months ago and even scored against Tigres.

I also saw the junior academy team beat the Sigma b1 team 7-0 last night. Any idea what the age group the sigma b1 team is?

denime
05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
I saw on twitter that Mark Wadid is now playing for Sigma FC. Anyone have info on that move? He was with the senior academy in Dallas a couple of months ago and even scored against Tigres.

I also saw the junior academy team beat the Sigma b1 team 7-0 last night. Any idea what the age group the sigma b1 team is?
I watched that game last night, result does not reflect what was going on.Both teams are same age U17 (born '96).
both teams played same style of soccer,possession, high pressure defence, at the end better individual quality by TFCA made the difference,some very good players on both team, unfortunately for most of them soccer carrier will be done in 2-3 years.
We need a properly sanctioned league in this country ASAP

notthesun
05-10-2013, 04:05 PM

You sure about that? Wadid committed to Penn State for the upcoming season 1-2 months ago.

Greatest Ripoff
05-10-2013, 04:51 PM
You sure about that? Wadid committed to Penn State for the upcoming season 1-2 months ago.

Yes. He can still be going to Penn State while playing with Sigma while he is here for the summer.

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/808439848/SIGMA_blue_logo_PSD_normal.jpgSigma FC ‏@SigmaFC (https://twitter.com/SigmaFC)7 May (https://twitter.com/SigmaFC/status/331771162214424576)
OSL U21 Cup at Hershey: Sigma A1 7 Barrie SC 1. Scorers: Mark Wadid (2), Alex Cholewinski (2), Cyle Larin, Alex Halis, Orestis Ilias

notthesun
05-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Yes. He can still be going to Penn State while playing with Sigma while he is here for the summer.

So is he just not with TFC anymore? I don't really know how the academies work in regards to player retention before the kids sign actual contracts.

denime
05-10-2013, 05:10 PM

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/808439848/SIGMA_blue_logo_PSD_normal.jpgSigma FC ‏@SigmaFC (https://twitter.com/SigmaFC)7 May (https://twitter.com/SigmaFC/status/331771162214424576)
OSL U21 Cup at Hershey: Sigma A1 7 Barrie SC 1. Scorers: Mark Wadid (2), Alex Cholewinski (2), Cyle Larin, Alex Halis, Orestis Ilias

Probably true,Sigma is not just academy but players agency too,or part of SEG http://www.seginternational.com/football/page=site.home/lang=EN

Wadid probably signed with Sigma to represent him in future,and now he will spend summer with Sigma,training and playing,same as Bekker and Welshman did it in past.

denime
05-10-2013, 05:12 PM
So is he just not with TFC anymore? I don't really know how the academies work in regards to player retention before the kids sign actual contracts.

He was never with TFC to begin with,Wadid was at Dallas Academy

and even if he was with TFC,once he got released from academy,he can choose who will represent him,academies are not players agents.

Greatest Ripoff
05-10-2013, 05:29 PM
He was never with TFC to begin with,Wadid was at Dallas Academy

and even if he was with TFC,once he got released from academy,he can choose who will represent him,academies are not players agents.

Wadid was definitely with TFC before. He was the top score for the junior academy team last year and played for the senior team at the Dallas cup this past march.

Just looked at Mark's twitter and saw this:

David Rowaan ‏@soccercanada (https://twitter.com/soccercanada)5 Apr (https://twitter.com/soccercanada/status/320246880829313026)
@mwadid (https://twitter.com/mwadid) ​just saw Penn State website confirming you as part of their recruiting class for next year. Get in there!
Expand (https://twitter.com/soccercanada/status/320246880829313026)

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/3484952631/579e60df32b09a90e760e2be5eb77692_normal.jpegMark Wadid ‏@mwadid (https://twitter.com/mwadid)5 Apr (https://twitter.com/mwadid/status/320247093212110848)
@soccercanada (https://twitter.com/soccercanada)thanks! Will be working hard when i get there!
Expand (https://twitter.com/mwadid/status/320247093212110848)

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/3244474146/690f9cf96e84c8393e43b6b4e3193a83_normal.jpegDavid Rowaan ‏@soccercanada (https://twitter.com/soccercanada)5 Apr (https://twitter.com/soccercanada/status/320247276977127424)
@mwadid (https://twitter.com/mwadid)you playing with the academy this summer still before going down there?
Expand (https://twitter.com/soccercanada/status/320247276977127424)

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/3484952631/579e60df32b09a90e760e2be5eb77692_normal.jpegMark Wadid ‏@mwadid (https://twitter.com/mwadid)5 Apr (https://twitter.com/mwadid/status/320247471844499458)
@soccercanada (https://twitter.com/soccercanada)no i wont be ill be training somewhere else
Expand (https://twitter.com/mwadid/status/320247471844499458)

notthesun
05-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Yeah Wadid was/is with TFCA.

If he's just training with Sigma that's cool. Think he could eventually crack our lineup if he keeps at it and sticks with us.

Greatest Ripoff
05-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Yeah Wadid was/is with TFCA.

If he's just training with Sigma that's cool. Think he could eventually crack our lineup if he keeps at it and sticks with us.

based on that twitter exchange it sounds like he is no long with the academy.

notthesun
05-10-2013, 11:31 PM
based on that twitter exchange it sounds like he is no long with the academy.

I took it to mean he won't train with the academy since he won't be on the team next year, and he'd train in the interim with Sigma before the NCAA season starts.

Leedsoronto
05-25-2013, 10:58 AM
OSL league opener

Durham Celtic 1 TFCA Seniors 1

Connon_1991
05-25-2013, 11:55 PM
OSL league opener

Durham Celtic 1 TFCA Seniors 1

How was the game? Was Durham Celtic a good side?

Leedsoronto
05-26-2013, 07:20 AM
How was the game? Was Durham Celtic a good side?

D. C were good IMO, and fit too they played hard and fast for the whole 93mins.

They will do well this year.

TFcA were unfortunate not to win, they hit the bar and the DC goalie made an amazing save in the last 10 mins to keep it at 1-1 till the end.

Connon_1991
05-27-2013, 01:18 PM
D. C were good IMO, and fit too they played hard and fast for the whole 93mins.

They will do well this year.

TFcA were unfortunate not to win, they hit the bar and the DC goalie made an amazing save in the last 10 mins to keep it at 1-1 till the end.

Thats good sounds like it was a interesting game.. i heard that Durham Celtic were one of the better teams in that league.. Were they a lot older of did they have some younger guys playing?

Leedsoronto
05-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Thats good sounds like it was a interesting game.. i heard that Durham Celtic were one of the better teams in that league.. Were they a lot older of did they have some younger guys playing?

A mix of young and old. I had a look at some tweets on their twat page
And looks like they are finalist in the cup too, so yeh a good team by all accounts.

TFCA had the lads who played in the TFC reserve team playing. It was a dam good game. Dichio done a good job with these guys, he should be helping Nelson :@)

Next game is on Sunday at OSA Center v Woodbridge.

Greatest Ripoff
05-30-2013, 12:14 AM
What year are the "pre academy" kids? I've seen the TFCA twitter mention them a few times.

TFC07
05-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Former TFC academy players Mike Petrasso and Dylan Carreiro signed professional contracts with QPR.

Source: http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/300513-u18s-pen-pro-deals-845407.aspx

Also, Kevin Aleman (another Former TFC academy player) signed professional contract with Real Valladolid.

Leedsoronto
06-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Woodbridge 2 TFCA Seniors 3

TFC scored in the 91st min to win all three points. :@)

Leedsoronto
06-06-2013, 08:00 AM
TFCa senior v NY Hearts

Esther Shiner stadium Friday KO 9pm, looks like a wet one :@(

Leedsoronto
06-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Looks like five will be missing from the team tonight. Gone off to play a reserve game.

@torontofc 5 #TFCA players travelled to Pittsburgh for the Reserve game- @dylansacramento, @EliasRoubos, @c10mannella, C.Gouabe & M.Aparicio
8:51am - 7 Jun 13

Greatest Ripoff
06-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Anyone know what is up with Sergio Camargo? There has been some chatter about him joining PDL side KW United FC. Not sure if it is a loan to get him some more playing time or if he has been moved on.

ag futbol
06-07-2013, 01:16 PM
^ Hope the kid can bounce back. Think he's been really on the short end of things lately.

First not making the U20 squad (which was BS) and now with TFC. In the second case, it's probably better they find somewhere else for him to develop, the infrastructure is still broken as it stands and maybe he'd be better off with another PDL / NASL side or whatever instead of here.

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Anyone else watching the game on USL live?

ag futbol
06-07-2013, 06:27 PM
^ Yep, I'm in there.

Impressed with Manella so far. Really not impressed with some of our other guys, who should be playing better.

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Not impressed by the play by play guys terrible. They just find anyone with a euro accent? lol

Braun picked up a knock already. lol can't we catch a break? We have to stop playing pooch ball this is getting crazy.

ag futbol
06-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Truth be told the academy players played at about the same level as the first team guys.

Bekker did alright. He still has to get better at attacking space on the dribble though. He always wants to defer which isn't always a good thing.

Disapointed Henry, Agboss, Morgan, and co didn't stamp their authority on this more. Passing out of the back has been poor and indecisive.

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 06:57 PM
^ True the academy kids are showing well so far.

ag futbol
06-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Weedman scores, but truth be told it's been a bad half of football for TFC outside of a few saves by Q and defending by Henry. Otherwise, Pitt is completely outplaying us.

Leedsoronto
06-07-2013, 11:04 PM
NY Hearts 3 TFCA senior 4

3-3 till the 90th min. Then TFC struck the winner in 91' (again) Scrappy game with some key players missing. TFC deserved the win though.

Leedsoronto
06-11-2013, 06:44 AM
Next senior team game is at Downsview on Saturday, June 15, KO 4pm

prizby
06-14-2013, 10:52 PM
junior team lost to sigma today...ex tfc academy player, mark wadid scored...glad tfc can hold onto their talented academy kids /not

Greatest Ripoff
06-14-2013, 11:07 PM
junior team lost to sigma today...ex tfc academy player, mark wadid scored...glad tfc can hold onto their talented academy kids /not

He is going to university in the US in a couple of months and decided to leave Toronto. Also, last time the junior team played sigma they won 7-0, so take your sarcasm and do one.

pdogg
06-15-2013, 05:55 AM
Might be heading to watch the senior academy play this afternoon. What are the facilities like at the limonata turf pitch? Is there stands / seating there?

denime
06-15-2013, 06:05 AM
He is going to university in the US in a couple of months and decided to leave Toronto. Also, last time the junior team played sigma they won 7-0, so take your sarcasm and do one.
Last time junior team played Sigma "96 team,this time they played Sigma '95 team and lost.

prizby
06-15-2013, 06:28 AM

lots of players played on the academy team last year that went to university...he led the junior team in goals last year and has been a junior national team call up...so why he couldn't play with tfc academy this year, when he was on the list in april...explain that

Leedsoronto
06-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Might be heading to watch the senior academy play this afternoon. What are the facilities like at the limonata turf pitch? Is there stands / seating there?

Field one has a small stand, the rest is standing room only. Bit like the south east corner. Lol

Should be a good game, the five reserve boys are back now too.

KO is at 5pm

pdogg
06-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Field one has a small stand, the rest is standing room only. Bit like the south east corner. Lol

Should be a good game, the five reserve boys are back now too.

KO is at 5pm

might have to leave the wife and baby at home if its standing only. Theyre not playing on field one right? I was hoping to use this as a gauge to see how the baby logistics of gameday went.

Leedsoronto
06-15-2013, 01:18 PM
might have to leave the wife and baby at home if its standing only. Theyre not playing on field one right? I was hoping to use this as a gauge to see how the baby logistics of gameday went.

It says Lamota, but last time it said that they played on field one. It's a 50/50 IMO.

A win today will put them top of the OSL Prem elite.

Leedsoronto
06-15-2013, 09:18 PM
TFCA won 5-1, it could have been 10 but for the AC goalies bravery.

TFC move top by one point :@)

Leedsoronto
06-19-2013, 08:54 AM
TFC seniors v Sigma at Limota Turf KTG at 5pm Saturday.

Sigma sit one point behind TFCA with Calendon and Woodbridge. This one will be a close game. ;@)

flamehawk
06-19-2013, 09:22 AM
TFC seniors v Sigma at Limota Turf KTG at 5pm Saturday.

Sigma sit one point behind TFCA with Calendon and Woodbridge. This one will be a close game. ;@)

Any idea hwere Limota Turf is? Can't seem to find anything on that place.

Greatest Ripoff
06-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Any idea hwere Limota Turf is? Can't seem to find anything on that place.

I think it is one of the pitches at Downsview?

Leedsoronto
06-19-2013, 04:05 PM
It's the Turf field on the left of the TFC traning/Academy building at Downsview.

Thomas Rongan TFCa update:
http://t.co/vrktFOobD2

Greatest Ripoff
06-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Anyone make it out toe ht Sr. game today? Hoping to catch a few before I move.

Toronto FC Academy ‏@tfcacademy (https://twitter.com/tfcacademy)1h (https://twitter.com/tfcacademy/status/348621715259146240)
TFCA Seniors beat Sigma FC 3-2 to remain unbeaten this year with Goals from Hamilton, (OG) & Pena

Leedsoronto
06-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Anyone make it out toe ht Sr. game today? Hoping to catch a few before I move.

Toronto FC Academy ‏@tfcacademy (https://twitter.com/tfcacademy)1h (https://twitter.com/tfcacademy/status/348621715259146240)
TFCA Seniors beat Sigma FC 3-2 to remain unbeaten this year with Goals from Hamilton, (OG) & Pena

Sure did, and what a great game that one was.

Sigma took the lead with an early penalty. TFC then drew level with a volley from outa the box.

TFC then gave away the ball in their own half and paid the price, 2-1 Sigma. Just before HT TFC left winger drove a ball into the area, clipped a Sigma defender and pinged into the net OG and 2-2 HT

Second half was end to end stuff. TFC scored from another drive across the 8 yard box, touched in at the far post. 3-2. Lots of Sigma pressure and big clearances right up till the 93 min. :@)

Great game !!! Worthy win !!!

Leedsoronto
06-27-2013, 05:07 PM
@torontofc @CanadianForces TFC Srs kick off vs. Forces All Star Squad. Supporting "the reds" x2!!! pic.twitter.com/zPwjLikxX2
4:46pm - 27 Jun 13

Greatest Ripoff
07-09-2013, 09:46 PM
I just watched the most recent academy update on youtube and Rongen said that Jordan Hamilton will be going to the University of Maryland. Also, Kevon Black to Duke.

Leedsoronto
07-10-2013, 06:18 PM
TFCA Senior team travel to the Hershey Centre tonight to play SIGMA FC in a top of the table league game between two good sides(9pm KO).
6:28pm - 10 Jul 13

Greatest Ripoff
07-10-2013, 06:59 PM
TFCA Senior team travel to the Hershey Centre tonight to play SIGMA FC in a top of the table league game between two good sides(9pm KO).
6:28pm - 10 Jul 13

If you go, give us a report.

OgtheDim
07-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Not sure, but I believe this is the Summer team made up of local college kids looking to keep up their training, who are training at Downsview. Exhibition games only so nobody loses any elibibility. Found on the OSL website. http://www.ontariosl.com/MyTeam_Schedule.aspx
(http://www.ontariosl.com/MyTeam_Schedule.aspx)
Toronto F.C. Ex.

#
Div
Day
Date
KO
Field
Home Team
Away Team

TFC
Fri
Jul 12
20:00
Downsview Turf 3 (http://www.ontariosl.com/Games_Venues.aspx?ID=3681)
Toronto F.C. Ex.
Richmond Hill Madrid

TFC
Mon
Jul 22
21:00
Downsview Turf 1 (http://www.ontariosl.com/Games_Venues.aspx?ID=2637)
Toronto F.C. Ex.
Ulster Thistle

TFC
Fri
Jul 26
Toronto F.C. Ex.
Woodbridge Strikers

TFC
Sun
Dec 29
Toronto F.C. Ex.
Sigma FC

TFC
Mon
Dec 30
Toronto F.C. Ex.
NY Hearts

TFC
Tue
Dec 31
Toronto F.C. Ex.
GS United

Not sure about those last 3 games....might be a bit cold.

If this is the team I think it is, I seem to remember that the Sigma game versus them last year was a bit of a blood bath.

Not really an academy team ...more of a support to players in the community.

Leedsoronto
07-10-2013, 11:24 PM
An Entertaining game of football between TFCA Seniors & SIGMA FC results in 2-2 tie. Goals from Aparicio & Stowell for TFCA.

Lots of chances to win the game by both teams, only thwarted by some amazing goalkeeping from both sides keepers. Fair result IMO.

Leedsoronto
07-12-2013, 06:02 AM
TFCA senior team v PCC Mississauga

Kia Training Ground. Downsview. July 13, 2013 KO 5:00 pm

Benficachop20
07-13-2013, 04:26 PM
So is Sergio Camargo with the academy? cause im not sure if he actually joined Waterloo.... this player looked so promising, do we just like prefer to get rid of promising youngsters and sign college players in their mid 20's?

Leedsoronto
07-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Yup he played today

TFCA Seniors Win against PCC Mississauga 4-0 with goals from Stowell, Jodah, Hamilton & Camargo
#tfcacademy

Greatest Ripoff
07-14-2013, 11:39 AM
I went to the senior game yesterday. It was my first of the season and first time I had be to a match at downsview that was on one of TFC's grass pitches. I am not sure how bad Mississauga are but Toronto completely dominated. I wouldn't be surprised if the position was 70-30 in favour of toronto. Mississauga did create a few chances from the counter attack.

There a few players from last year that were still on the team. Eli Roubos looks like he has grown a bit but is still very tall and thin. He is a central defender who i good in the air and very comfortable with the ball on his feet, either passing or dribbling forward. He played the full 90 and looked very good. He has played a bit with the reserves this year and hopefully can get the start against Pittsburgh in a couple of week. Another player from last year that played yesterday was Sergio Camargo. He played the second 45 as a central attacking midfielder. He looked good and got forward a lot to help out the loan striker. His goal was created by a run into the box, the ball was passed by the striker to had held it up in the area. I can't remember is Chris Mannella had played with the senior side last year but I have seen him a few times playing for the reserves. He was the captain for the first 45 minutes and played as part of a pair in the central midfield. He looked very strong on the ball and and did a good job of linking with the defense and distributing the ball. He is strong on the ball and was able to hold off defenders.

There were a couple of players I was unfamiliar with that really caught my eye. Matt Stowell who scored the first goal played left wing and was constantly getting in behind the Mississauga defence. Toronto were sending in diagonal ball and sliding passing down the flank that kept sending Stowell in on his own. He would also cut in a lot with the ball to create chances on the inside. I would like to see him play against some better teams to judge how good he really is. The other player I really like was the striker that played in the first 45 who wore #11. He wasn't small but he also wasn't a really big player. He had great close controt of the ball and was able dribble in and around the penalty area and and linked up well with Stowell, sometime ending up out the on the flank and sliding balls into Stowell in the box. I couldn't see if he was the scorer of the second goal or if it was the right winger who wore #7, but he was definitely involved in that play. Number 11 only played the first half but looked very dangerous.

ag futbol
07-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Are we really going to let Jordan Hamilton just schlep off to NCAA? What's the point of having an academy if we don't make use of our best prospects?

Whitecaps have signed their best ones and loaned them out in USL. Will TFC pull it's head out of it's ass long enough to figure out a way to provide it's best young players with experience who are promising but not ready for MLS yet?

Soccerpro
07-14-2013, 10:50 PM
Are we really going to let Jordan Hamilton just schlep off to NCAA? What's the point of having an academy if we don't make use of our best prospects?

Whitecaps have signed their best ones and loaned them out in USL. Will TFC pull it's head out of it's ass long enough to figure out a way to provide it's best young players with experience who are promising but not ready for MLS yet?

What are you going on about? TFC maintain homegrown player rights to young players going off to NCAA. A year or 2 (at the most) is a good development pathway right now. Are these 17 year old kids going to get playing time in USl right now? Probably not.

Caleb Clarke played a total of about 30 minutes in the last year as a whitecap before just recently getting loaned in Germany.

I don't want TFC academy players (aside from training) anywhere near the first team with the mess it is at the moment.

mowe
07-14-2013, 10:58 PM
What are you going on about? TFC maintain homegrown player rights to young players going off to NCAA. A year or 2 (at the most) is a good development pathway right now. Are these 17 year old kids going to get playing time in USl right now? Probably not.

Caleb Clarke played a total of about 30 minutes in the last year as a whitecap before just recently getting loaned in Germany.

I don't want TFC academy players (aside from training) anywhere near the first team with the mess it is at the moment.

Yeah there's no point signing academy players until you can be sure they'll contribute at the MLS level. Better to go off to the NCAA for a couple years than what happened to Stinson, Makubuya, Cordon.

Leedsoronto
07-15-2013, 07:29 AM
I went to the senior game yesterday. It was my first of the season and first time I had be to a match at downsview that was on one of TFC's grass pitches. I am not sure how bad Mississauga are but Toronto completely dominated. I wouldn't be surprised if the position was 70-30 in favour of toronto. Mississauga did create a few chances from the counter attack.

There a few players from last year that were still on the team. Eli Roubos looks like he has grown a bit but is still very tall and thin. He is a central defender who i good in the air and very comfortable with the ball on his feet, either passing or dribbling forward. He played the full 90 and looked very good. He has played a bit with the reserves this year and hopefully can get the start against Pittsburgh in a couple of week. Another player from last year that played yesterday was Sergio Camargo. He played the second 45 as a central attacking midfielder. He looked good and got forward a lot to help out the loan striker. His goal was created by a run into the box, the ball was passed by the striker to had held it up in the area. I can't remember is Chris Mannella had played with the senior side last year but I have seen him a few times playing for the reserves. He was the captain for the first 45 minutes and played as part of a pair in the central midfield. He looked very strong on the ball and and did a good job of linking with the defense and distributing the ball. He is strong on the ball and was able to hold off defenders.

There were a couple of players I was unfamiliar with that really caught my eye. Matt Stowell who scored the first goal played left wing and was constantly getting in behind the Mississauga defence. Toronto were sending in diagonal ball and sliding passing down the flank that kept sending Stowell in on his own. He would also cut in a lot with the ball to create chances on the inside. I would like to see him play against some better teams to judge how good he really is. The other player I really like was the striker that played in the first 45 who wore #11. He wasn't small but he also wasn't a really big player. He had great close controt of the ball and was able dribble in and around the penalty area and and linked up well with Stowell, sometime ending up out the on the flank and sliding balls into Stowell in the box. I couldn't see if he was the scorer of the second goal or if it was the right winger who wore #7, but he was definitely involved in that play. Number 11 only played the first half but looked very dangerous.

That left winger, Stowell, plays like that every game I have seen, very consistent and always causing trouble with his speed on the wing and hounding of the goal area. He also scored twice against Sigma, who are a better team IMO.

Number 11 is Mark Anthony, he usually plays right wing but he has been up front for a few games now.

Would be interesting to see all of the above compete in a reserve game. I think a few eyes would be opened to what sits waiting in the background at the Kia TG

PS. That was a Turf field, a good one mind but Turf not grass :@)

ag futbol
07-15-2013, 10:00 AM

They retain homegrown rights only if the player continues to train on occasion with TFC. Several prior players have declined to do so.

NCAA is no place for anyone to develop. The season is short, the rules are bastardized, and the talent pool is diluted. Is Clarke going on loan not an example of exactly what TFC should be trying to do? They've also stashed Alderson and Fisk in the USL and that's a much better way to control the development of your prospects than sending them off to college. I see no reason why a kid who wants to make it as a pro shouldn't be trying USL instead of NCAA.

Greatest Ripoff
07-15-2013, 10:09 PM
That left winger, Stowell, plays like that every game I have seen, very consistent and always causing trouble with his speed on the wing and hounding of the goal area. He also scored twice against Sigma, who are a better team IMO.

Number 11 is Mark Anthony, he usually plays right wing but he has been up front for a few games now.

Would be interesting to see all of the above compete in a reserve game. I think a few eyes would be opened to what sits waiting in the background at the Kia TG

PS. That was a Turf field, a good one mind but Turf not grass :@)

Were you there? Do you know who the number 9 that played the second 45 was? He wore the captains armband and looked more like he was in his mid 20s rather than a u18.

Leedsoronto
07-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Were you there? Do you know who the number 9 that played the second 45 was? He wore the captains armband and looked more like he was in his mid 20s rather than a u18.

Yeh i was at the game. # 9 was Pena.

Leedsoronto
07-19-2013, 08:42 AM
The Senior academy take on AC Diavoli on Sunday at the Meadowvale Sports centre in Mississauga. KO is 8:45 pm.

Greatest Ripoff
07-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Saw on the tfca twitter feed that Sergio Camargo is off to play for Costal Carolina in the NCAA. I really hope these players get the proper development in college system.

tiger
07-21-2013, 09:56 AM
The leading goal scorers for the Senior team this year are Jordan Hamilton # 19 and Daniel Jodah #7 with 5 goals and they have played the least out of all the attacking players if you watch the Academy games they have consistently proven to be among the better players.Last year they were also 2 out of the 3 top scorers for the Junior team that won the CSL regular season.

Leedsoronto
07-21-2013, 01:56 PM
The leading goal scorers for the Senior team this year are Jordan Hamilton # 19 and Daniel Jodah #7 with 5 goals and they have played the least out of all the attacking players if you watch the Academy games they have consistently proven to be among the better players.Last year they were also 2 out of the 3 top scorers for the Junior team that won the CSL regular season.

Closely followed by Pena, Stowell and Kaye all on 3 goals each. Kaye (right) and Stowell (left) are wingers too as is Jodah. (Right side)

Two of Hamiltons goals were on a plate given from the above wingers, so I'm not sure how you can say that because they have 5 goals that they are the better players. They are strikers, its there job to score.

lets look at say Manella, he has no goals, but IMO far outclasses anything Hamilton brings to the team. He is a solid mid field Rock and a deserved captain.

Go watch a game and look at the key players names above. It won't take long before you see who the key players in that team are. :@)

TFC07
07-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Any chance if one of these kids would make it to first team roster?

Leedsoronto
07-21-2013, 02:14 PM

Several are good enough IMO, some just req a bit more maturity (as in muscle and build) although in the mens league they all give back what they get. If you get what what i mean.

We will see I suppose.

Greatest Ripoff
07-21-2013, 03:06 PM

I was thinking about this earlier today. Who or when would Toronto sign it's next home grown player? I was trying to think back to when Morgan, Lindsay and Henry were playing for the academy and I don't remember them standing out anymore than the players that have come since in the Sr. Academy team. Were they much better or were they just giving an opportunity to show that they could play at the MLS level? For the past few years I always thought they were bringing along Hamilton to sign as a home grown player as he is now a veteran of two Canadian U17 teams that qualified for the WC. But he is off to College. Another striker that is coming through right now that should could be a HGP is Luca Uccello. He has 16 goals in 13 games for Jr. Academy team playing in the OSL Provincial Under 21 West. He was also the golden boat winner at the Gen Adidas cup last year. I think Luca is still pretty young, he might be 15 or 16 years old but they should be doing everything they can to help him develop and keep him within their system.

Toronto really needs to find something to fill the gap between the Sr. Academy and the first team. There are some good footballers who might not be ready or Toronto might not want to risk playing them but at the age of 18 they still have a lot of room to develop. It would shame to loose they players every year and then draft 22, 23 and 24 year olds out the NCAA who are technically much worse.

Greatest Ripoff
07-21-2013, 03:10 PM
And speaking of the Generation Adidas Cup, is it happening this year? I think it was around this time last year.

Leedsoronto
07-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Agreed GR !!

Maybe a Toronto NASL team is the answer? A new pro team similar to the Marleys, encompassing the reserves and several Senior and if needed Jnr players, competing against Edmonton and such like, maybe play the Games at BMO when TFC are away or not scheduled to play.

Toronto United FC is born Lol

tiger
07-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Closely followed by Pena, Stowell and Kaye all on 3 goals each. Kaye (right) and Stowell (left) are wingers too as is Jodah. (Right side)

Two of Hamiltons goals were on a plate given from the above wingers, so I'm not sure how you can say that because they have 5 goals that they are the better players. They are strikers, its there job to score.

lets look at say Manella, he has no goals, but IMO far outclasses anything Hamilton brings to the team. He is a solid mid field Rock and a deserved captain.

Go watch a game and look at the key players names above. It won't take long before you see who the key players in that team are. :@)
2 of Stowell goals are own goals....and I do watch the games.Manella is definitely an excellent player and shows it every time.

tiger
07-21-2013, 05:28 PM
And speaking of the Generation Adidas Cup, is it happening this year? I think it was around this time last year.
Normally late July ,early August.Both TFC teams made it to the finals last year.

Leedsoronto
07-21-2013, 06:14 PM
2 of Stowell goals are own goals....and I do watch the games.Manella is definitely an excellent player and shows it every time.

You know who the good players are then ? There are a few guys who pull the strings on that team.

Greatest Ripoff
07-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Another win for the Sr. team.

AC Diavoli 0 - TFCA Seniors 5 . Goals from Aparicio, Sacramento, Jodah(2) & Hamilton.

With the all of the players moving out I hope this means they will need more Academy kids for the Pittsburgh match.

Leedsoronto
07-22-2013, 05:39 AM
Nope, no vendetta, he is a awesome striker who scores important goals. Some good goals last night, Hamilton only played last 10 mins but scored within a minute of coming on :@) Nice strike too !!

Stand out player for me last night was Jodah, unstoppable on that right wing and two goals.

TFC bossed the whole 90 mins and deserved the win 100%

tiger
07-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Hamilton is an excellent player and does score good goals .Should be playing more for sure....would like to see him work harder on the field at times There is some good talent on this Senior team.For me a goal is a goal no matter how they are scored and against who.Manuel Aparico is an excellent midfield talent who has played in some of the reserve games.Right defender #16 Alain Sargeant is another player who last year played on the Reserve team and has looked good this year when he has played.Elias Roubos has also played with the reserves this year and is one for the future for sure.Coach Dichio deserves credit for having the boys playing well right now -they are unbeaten.

tiger
07-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Saw on the tfca twitter feed that Sergio Camargo is off to play for Costal Carolina in the NCAA. I really hope these players get the proper development in college system.

He had no choice but to look elsewhere to continue his development -did not look like he was going to be signed by TFC this year despite his play last year.NCAA is still a good developing platform for players -most of the MLS teams are made up of players drafted from the NCAA.

Leedsoronto
07-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Next game, Thursday, July 25 v Ulster Thistle 9pm KO, at Lamaroo, just north of Finch Ave East in Scarborough.

Pint
07-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Anyone know why they never play academy games at bmo? I could see some people wanting to stay after a game to see te academy.

Red I
07-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Anyone know why they never play academy games at bmo? I could see some people wanting to stay after a game to see te academy.

Probably the same reason they don't practice at BMO Field - too many games on a field can really tear up the turf. Best to leave it too the training pitches, which is out of the way of the downtown area, much easier to maintain - also, interest. People may stay for reserve games, but only parents and hardcore fans may stay for the academy.

Also, they are kids - to have them play under big lights and likely drunk perstering fans probably not the most positive environment for development.

Yohan
07-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Probably the same reason they don't practice at BMO Field - too many games on a field can really tear up the turf. Best to leave it too the training pitches, which is out of the way of the downtown area, much easier to maintain - also, interest. People may stay for reserve games, but only parents and hardcore fans may stay for the academy.

Also, they are kids - to have them play under big lights and likely drunk perstering fans probably not the most positive environment for development.
the rugby game that's going to be played on aug 24 is so going to help the grass!

Leedsoronto
07-26-2013, 06:12 AM
TFCA Senior team continue their good run with a resounding 4-1 Win away at Ulster Thistle. Goals scored by Jodah, Sacramento & Pena(2)
25 Jul 13

Greatest Ripoff
07-27-2013, 11:19 AM
It was posted on the Voyageurs forum that Michael Krzeminski who had been with Slask Wroclaw II for the past two years is back in Canada has joined the senior academy team. He is 19 years old and has been involved with the Canadian U20 team.

tiger
07-27-2013, 10:06 PM
It was posted on the Voyageurs forum that Michael Krzeminski who had been with Slask Wroclaw II for the past two years is back in Canada has joined the senior academy team. He is 19 years old and has been involved with the Canadian U20 team.He is with the College U23 Team not the Senior Academy.

CountryoverClub
07-30-2013, 12:19 PM
The Junior Academy will take on FC Gute U17 Academy (Sweden) this Thursday morning at the KIA training grounds. The FC Gute U17 plays in the strongest academy league in the country and is widely considered a top u17 team in the country. Great match-up...we can thank FFA Global for this.

Leedsoronto
07-30-2013, 04:56 PM
TFCA Tweet

TFC Please to announce that our Senior Academy team will travel to Ottawa on Friday August 2nd to play against #OttawafurySC

<anyone going who could give us a report or even a score for this game, no idea what time KO>

Red CB Toronto
07-30-2013, 06:33 PM
The Junior Academy will take on FC Gute U17 Academy (Sweden) this Thursday morning at the KIA training grounds. The FC Gute U17 plays in the strongest academy league in the country and is widely considered a top u17 team in the country. Great match-up...we can thank FFA Global for this.
What time is kickoff for this game.

CountryoverClub
07-31-2013, 10:53 AM
What time is kickoff for this game.
9:00am

dantdot
07-31-2013, 03:14 PM
http://www.gopoly.com/sports/msoc/2013-14/releases/20130731jdyqjp

Mackenzie Pridham on playing with the academy and first team

Greatest Ripoff
08-01-2013, 05:00 PM

Any reports from this match?

CountryoverClub
08-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Any reports from this match?

Games August 6th.

Leedsoronto
08-02-2013, 07:44 AM
@torontofc TFC Sr exhibition game vs. Ottawa Fury U21 location has been decided - Fri, Aug 2nd @ 830PM @ Algonquin College Soccer Complex....

Anyone going? Parents maybe ? Can you give us a report/update/final score even!!!

Be interesting to see how they do against a out of town team. :@)

Leedsoronto
08-03-2013, 08:13 AM
TFCA Seniors Tie with #OttawafurySC 2-2 in an entertaining game of football. Goals came from Pena & Kaye. #tfcacademy
10:50pm - 2 Aug 13

TFCA Senior team on Parliament Hill prior to their evening game against #OttawaFurySC

pic.twitter.com/qbavEmHuEi

Greatest Ripoff
08-06-2013, 09:22 PM
any official word on this?

Camila
‏@camiaparicioo
Can't believe my brother is the youngest player to sign a professional contract with TFC #soproud

Greatest Ripoff
08-07-2013, 01:57 AM
in other academy news, Canada is currently running 2 youth camps.

There is a u15 team in Mexico city that will take part in a tournament. Canada is grouped Mexico, Chile and Paraguay and they have 7 TFCA players.

CANADA’s Men’s U-15 Team, 2013 Copa Mexico de Naciones

GK- Aidan Aylward | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
GK- Alic Rasmussen | CAN / Bonvital SC
D- Matthew Baldisimo | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
​D- Patrick Boyle | CAN / Toronto FC Academy​
​D- Steven Furlano | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
D- John Kasper | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
​D- Nikola Stakic | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
D/M- William Archambault | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
​M- Gabriel Boakye | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
M- Don Junior Bobe | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
M- Esleyder Echeverria | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
M- Duwayne Ewant | CAN / North Scarborough SC
M- Thomas Gardner | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
M- David Norman | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
​M- Alexander Pena | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
M- Mouhamed Touré | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
F- Terran Campbell | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
​F- Malik Johnson | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
​F- Raheem Taylor-Parkes | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
F- Gabriel Wiethaeuper-Balbinotti | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

There is a u17 camp in Florida ahead of the U17 world cup. It features 4 TFCA players.

CANADA's Men's U-17 Team Roster for training camp in Sunrise, FL (August 2013):
GK- Daniel Milton | ENG / Blackpool FC
D- Kevon Black | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
D- Alex Comsia | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
D- Eric Davies | USA / FC Dallas Academy
D- Ian Fernandes | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
D- Mathieu Laurent | CAN / Mississauga Falcons
D- Aron Mkungilwa | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
D- Elias Roubos | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
M- Rida Abdoulhamid | CAN / Braves d’Ahuntsic
M- Adam Bouchard | Unattached
M- Mikaël Cantave | FRA / Orvault Sport Football
M- Marco-Leonel Dominguez | CAN / Braves d'Ahuntsic
M- José Lopez | CAN / FC Edmonton Academy
M- Ali Musse | CAN / WSA Winnipeg
M- Nevello Yoseke | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
M/F- Hanson Boakai | CAN / FC Edmonton
F- Andrew Gordon | CAN / Woodbridge Strikers SC
F- Matt Greer | USA / Philadelphia Union Academy
F- El Mehdi Ibn Brahim | CAN / Braves d'Ahuntsic

And in the most recent academy update, Rongen said that Manny Aparicio is going to Spain for a U18 tournament with Canada. I haven't seen a full roster from the CSA yet and don't know if any other TFCA players will join him.

Leedsoronto
08-07-2013, 05:34 AM
any official word on this?

Camila
‏@camiaparicioo
Can't believe my brother is the youngest player to sign a professional contract with TFC #soproud

From his brothers account is official enough for a "wow" we'll done son !!

Reminds me of the Man Unt days when Beckam and company started playing as Fergies Babes. And Alan Handsons famous " They won't win anything with kids" saying LOL

http://youtu.be/3Es-RIBnba8

They went on to win the league and cup that very season :@) (I is not Man U but respect where it's due)

Wince
08-07-2013, 07:57 AM
So what's the skinny on this Aparicio kid? I don't have a whole lot of first hand knowledge when it comes to TFCA.

Leedsoronto
08-07-2013, 02:44 PM
So what's the skinny on this Aparicio kid? I don't have a whole lot of first hand knowledge when it comes to TFCA.

He guna play for Canada's u18 squad, if that helps.

http://m.torontofc.ca/news/2013/08/two-under-18-players-canada-squad

Greatest Ripoff
08-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Here is the roster u18 camp two TFCA players.

CANADA’s Men’s U-18 Team, 2013 COTIF U-20 Tournament
GK- Joseph Melong | USA / Shattuck-St. Mary’s
GK- Nolan Wirth | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
D- Samuel Adekugbe | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
D- Quinton Duncan | USA / University of Tulsa
D- Jackson Farmer | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
D- Enrique Garcea | BEL / Sporting de Charleroi
D- Brandon John | GER / AUE Erzigberge Reserves
D- Kevin Lafond | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
M- Yacine Ait-Slimane | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
M- Manuel Aparicio | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
M- Louis Béland-Goyette | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
M- Dylan Carreiro | ENG / Queens Park Rangers
M- Jérémy Gagnon-Laparé | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal
M- Michael Petrasso | ENG / Queens Park Rangers
M- Mitch Piraux | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
M- Dylan Sacramento | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
F- Calum Ferguson | SCO / Inverness Caledonian Thistle
F- Brody Huitema | USA / Duke University
F- Bruno Zebie | CAN / FC Edmonton Academy

Leedsoronto
08-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Manni Aparicio # 34

http://m.torontofc.ca/news/2013/08/manny-aparicio-joins-first-team

Jeff s
08-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Manni Aparicio # 34

http://m.torontofc.ca/news/2013/08/manny-aparicio-joins-first-team

Where in Midfield does he play?

Greatest Ripoff
08-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Where in Midfield does he play?

When I saw him with the academy he played in the center of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1. For the reserves, I've seen him play out wide and as a forward in a flat 4-4-2. And if you listen to the different videos posted today, they all talk about him as a central attacking midfielder. Toronto currently doesn't play that way so I would guess he will be played out wide.

Marlowm1
08-08-2013, 07:31 PM
For those who have seen Sergio Camargo and Manuel Aparicio play, why was Aparicio signed and Camargo not? Last year, Camargo seemed to be scoring a lot of goals for TFCA but was not signed. Is it just a matter of Aparicio having a playing style that matches what TFC is trying to implement?

Greatest Ripoff
08-08-2013, 07:34 PM
For those who have seen Sergio Camargo and Manuel Aparicio play, why was Aparicio signed and Camargo not? Last year, Camargo seemed to be scoring a lot of goals for TFCA but was not signed. Is it just a matter of Aparicio having a playing style that matches what TFC is trying to implement?

Camargo is no longer with TFC. He left to attend and play at Coastal Carolina in the NCAA. But I am guessing they see Aparicio as a better player.

Jeff s
08-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Camargo is no longer with TFC. He left to attend and play at Coastal Carolina in the NCAA. But I am guessing they see Aparicio as a better player.

Such a waste. I really had expectations for him.

Thanks for the Aparicio info btw.

elironico
08-09-2013, 12:03 AM
You speak as if they no longer retain his rights...hopefully Larson's new series will educate the fan base...less dramatics that way. Though that would ruin fandom for most, I guess...

Red CB Toronto
08-09-2013, 12:15 AM
You speak as if they no longer retain his rights...hopefully Larson's new series will educate the fan base...less dramatics that way. Though that would ruin fandom for most, I guess...
I agree, Matt Stinson left and played a season of college soccer before coming back and signing a homegrown contract.

Greatest Ripoff
08-09-2013, 04:12 AM

Toronto only retains his rights as long as he continues to train with them throughout the year. I think he needs to have around 40 training sessions/games to keep a player rights.

Leedsoronto
08-12-2013, 06:40 AM
TFCA Seniors v GS United

Lamaroo pitch 1, 9:00pm on Wens Aug 14

Lam is near Finch and Mcowan.

Leedsoronto
08-14-2013, 10:47 PM
TFCA Seniors score late to Tie a game they had been leading for a long period Vs GSU. Goals from Pena & (OG) Result 2-2

Greatest Ripoff
08-15-2013, 03:10 AM
I guess the line up looked vastly different with a lot of players away on international duty?

Leedsoronto
08-15-2013, 06:17 AM
I guess the line up looked vastly different with a lot of players away on international duty?

Yeh lots of jnr players in the team last night. One of which i was very impressed with, #27 who came on for Jordon Ham, who incidently was part of a great team goal for TFC.

The 27 was very active, winning the ball and setting up a great chance near the end that was saved by some brave defending by GS.

TFC had 75% of the play, but just missing that penultimate ball into the strikers. Ohh well they still unbeaten so that's good for a TFC team ehh !!

Greatest Ripoff
08-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Yeh lots of jnr players in the team last night. One of which i was very impressed with, #27 who came on for Jordon Ham, who incidently was part of a great team goal for TFC.

The 27 was very active, winning the ball and setting up a great chance near the end that was saved by some brave defending by GS.

TFC had 75% of the play, but just missing that penultimate ball into the strikers. Ohh well they still unbeaten so that's good for a TFC team ehh !!

I didn't realize that Hamilton was back from the Can u17s. Good to see there are lots of kids with quality who can fill in.

Leedsoronto
08-16-2013, 08:38 AM
TFCA senior v NY Hearts (Rescheduled)

Sunday Aug 25, 2013 KO 5pm

At the Kia TG Limonata Turf field

Leedsoronto
08-25-2013, 07:54 PM
TFCA Senior restarted their OSL campaign after a little break with a resounding 8-1 Win Vs NY Hearts. #tfcacademy
7:37pm - 25 Aug 13

Leedsoronto
08-30-2013, 07:56 AM
@torontofc #tfcacademy Generation Adidas squad trains in DC ahead of this weekends MLS GA Cup Eastern Regional"

pic.twitter.com/HuspIZoTPc

Greatest Ripoff
08-30-2013, 09:53 AM
@torontofc #tfcacademy Generation Adidas squad trains in DC ahead of this weekends MLS GA Cup Eastern Regional"

pic.twitter.com/HuspIZoTPc

has there been any mention of the roster and how many different age groups they are bringing?

I also noticed in the 8-1 win over Hearts that Luca Uccello scored. It's nice to see he has been moved up to the senior academy team. How old is he, 15?

Leedsoronto
08-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Yeh 15, he is a good player and will do well IMO.

He is not senior for good just yet, he moved up because there are only a handful of official senior players left. 50% of the team have gone to Uni or College now and Manny got signed, so is unable to play.

Leedsoronto
08-30-2013, 04:02 PM
#tfcacademy post game mtg w/ Winning 14's. Final 3-0 vs DC. 13's squad ends at 0-1 loss to DC. Next up GA vs NYRB

Greatest Ripoff
08-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Michael Krzeminski of the academy will be part of the Canadian u21 team going to France for the francophone games.

Leedsoronto
08-31-2013, 08:40 AM
Toronto FC Academy
@tfcacademy
#tfcacademy GA team @onalruf scores vs NYRB. Final 1-1. PK's to decide extra pt - NYRB 5-4. TFC - 1pt. NYRB 2pts. pic.twitter.com/xEwcnVlXGu
11:15 p.m. Fri, Aug 30

Twitter
By: Toronto FC Academy @tfcacademy

Leedsoronto
08-31-2013, 12:14 PM
Payback for the Crew me thinks, academy style Lol

#tfcacademy final scores: 13's vs Chicago 2-0. 14's vs Columbus 9-0 (goalkeepers to come later)

Leedsoronto
09-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Academy looking good at the GA comp

http://m.torontofc.ca/www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/09/academy-teams-have-wonderful-weekend

Greatest Ripoff
10-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Anyone know why the TFCA twitter account has become inactive? They had been doing well most of the season giving updates but have now completely stopped.

kodiakTFC
10-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Anyone know why the TFCA twitter account has become inactive? They had been doing well most of the season giving updates but have now completely stopped.

Pure guess but currently we don't have a community manager after Asif left. Once he's replaced, I wouldn't be surprised if that picks up to a regular pace.

Leedsoronto
10-03-2013, 02:37 PM

Quick update

TFCA needed to beat Caledon to stay in with a chance of winning the league. Thay played last week at Caledon and was 2-0 up cruising to victory when the lighting struck and game was abandoned :@(

They then played them at home (KIA) and lost to a penalty goal ??? No one within 100 km thought it was a pen, only the officials. (The Calendon striker stepped back and fell over our defender who laid injured in the area, ball had gone like 30 secs before) Game over !!

As for the team, Mannella took a hard hit in the 2-0 game and is out for a while, only 6 senior guys who started the season are still playing. Rest is made up of rising star jnrs. Tough few games though to throw them into.

Looks like TFC will finish second, not bad for the first try at OSL Premier Elite league. The boys done TFC proud this year.

Well Done !!!

Greatest Ripoff
10-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Hamilton, Black and Roubos all starting for the Canadian against Austria at the U17 World Cup. All three looking good so far. I believe this will be on tv in Canada on Sportsnet World sometime this afternoon.

flamehawk
10-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Hamilton, Black and Roubos all starting for the Canadian against Austria at the U17 World Cup. All three looking good so far. I believe this will be on tv in Canada on Sportsnet World sometime this afternoon.

Yep, and Roubos and Hamilton both scored goals so far. I have a thread up in Canadian Soccer section.

PopePouri
10-19-2013, 09:57 AM

prizby
10-19-2013, 11:13 AM

sign Bokkai from Edmonton please!