Yohan
01-31-2013, 02:40 PM
For those of you want to get into some MLS fantasy league action

http://fantasy.mlssoccer.com/

League name: TFC Supporters
Code: 549-403

Initial B
01-31-2013, 04:53 PM
Cool, give me some time to put something together and I'll try to improve on my top-10 finish last year. ^_^

<edit: I'm in as "Gambit's Bandits".>

Detroit_TFC
01-31-2013, 07:06 PM
I will stink at fantasy league as usual, so you can be confident of not coming in last.

Edit:
Team name is Futility FC.

STB
01-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Doing quite well in the old EPL fantasy league so I'm giving this one a try as well !

sashavukelich
01-31-2013, 08:00 PM
i'm in. going to be so fun. Team name is Rooney'sHairPlugs

Alonso
02-02-2013, 01:01 AM
For those of you want to get into some MLS fantasy league action

http://fantasy.mlssoccer.com/

League name: TFC Supporters
Code: 549-403

Damn I just saw this and set one up to....

I'll join this one and close the other one.

Alonso
02-02-2013, 01:09 AM
Joined.

Team: Primero

flamehawk
02-02-2013, 01:51 AM

barticusz
02-02-2013, 02:09 AM
joined as Forest City EDM

Alonso
02-02-2013, 02:57 AM
Anyone play this before?

I just had a quick look at the rules... am I right in thinking that we basically have 2 transfers per week? Meaning we can trade or move 2 players a week at no cost?

How does the money come into to play?

If I buy a player at $4.5m and sell at $4m does my bank account go into -$0.5m?

I did notice that if I sell at a profit there is a 50% transfer fee taken off.

Not really sure how any of this works.

bones
02-02-2013, 10:25 AM
never tried this before so why not. Team: Bones

Island Man
02-02-2013, 03:21 PM

mowe
02-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Never played fantasy soccer before. Not exactly something that seems intuitive, but should be fun.

My team is Discovery Signings.

Yohan
02-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Anyone play this before?

I just had a quick look at the rules... am I right in thinking that we basically have 2 transfers per week? Meaning we can trade or move 2 players a week at no cost?
If it's like most fantasy leagues using same engine, yes, you get 2 free transfers a week. Any other transfers cost points per transfer. You get one wild card per season where you can make unlimited transfer one time.

Depending on how well your player does, the cost of player can increase or decrease.

didn't notice that...

Not really sure how any of this works.
neither do I lol

Initial B
02-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Anyone play this before?
I played last year, so I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

I just had a quick look at the rules... am I right in thinking that we basically have 2 transfers per week? Meaning we can trade or move 2 players a week at no cost?Last year, the the number of "free" transfers varied. Generally it was you could switch 1 player per week. You can switch more than that, but you'll lose 4 points for each transfer beyond the free one. I've seen some teams swap up to 6 players a week(!) taking a -20 point hit even before the game week starts in order to take advantage of a favourable matchup (especially when some players play twice that game week).

This year will be a bit different, because they're allowing us to bank unused transfers for when we really need them. If you've really screwed the pooch on your selections, there is the wildcard transfer option that allows you to completely revamp your squad with unlimited transfers for one week. They were kind enough to give us two transfers this year. I would suggest using your first wildcard during week 4 or 5, when you have a good idea of how well/poorly some of your initial picks are playing.

The money is how much you have to spend on players. Your cap will go up and down during the season as other contestants swap players in and out of their teams. Players that get dropped have their value decrease, while I saw hot scorers have their values increase tremendously. Example: DC's Nick DeLeon started at $5.5M at the start of the season and peaked at around $7.3M before he was injured, at which point he dropped to $6.8M by the next week. My own team's value started at $100M, dropped to $99.7M within the first 3 weeks, then I revamped my squad with the wildcard and ended up with a team worth $105.7M at the end of the season.

No, the game keeps track of the total value of all your players so your remaining balance will never be less than Zero. Yes, you can end up in the red while playing around with transfers, but the computer will tell you that you can't complete the transaction. You must balance your budget - no deficit spending allowed (this is a business, not the government ;) ).

Yes, that's to prevent playing the game like the stock market of selling high, buying low. Even so, I could still build a high-value squad, especially by picking up players who are returning from injury, because a lot of contestants drop them like a hot potato.

A tip: Don't completely spend all your cash when you build your team - keep $0.5-1.0M in your balance so that you have more flexibility when performing transfers later in the season.

One other tip for you guys: Find a couple of cheap rookies that you think will be starters at the beginning of the season or players that are just coming into the league that you feel are undervalued. If you guess right and their value rises, you can sell them for cheaper players and parley that cash into better top-end players and increase the overall quality of your starters.

CommradePolski
02-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Joined.

Polski's Commrades is the team name.

MartinUtd
02-06-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm in.
Does this differ in any way from the Fantasy Premier League pool?

Yohan
02-06-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm in.
Does this differ in any way from the Fantasy Premier League pool?
not really

CommradePolski
02-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Did anyone notice that the most natural finisher isnt even available in this fantasy league :D lol

MartinUtd
02-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Who was Mariner talking about when he dropped that natural finisher comment? It's been repeated so many times and we've had so many underwhelming forward that it could be applied to (jokingly of course) that I've lost track.

Voodooman
02-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Alright, I know almost nothing about the other teams in MLS, so this will help.

Blazing Demons

CommradePolski
02-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Who was Mariner talking about when he dropped that natural finisher comment? It's been repeated so many times and we've had so many underwhelming forward that it could be applied to (jokingly of course) that I've lost track.

Its Andrew Wiedeman that Mariner was referring to.

Alonso
02-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Its Andrew Wiedeman that Mariner was referring to.

Yeah and I believe the reference was something to the effect that Weideman was "the best finisher in the modern era"

MartinUtd
02-07-2013, 09:46 AM
We've had some classic quotes come out of the 2012 season. I'm glad it's behind us.

Alonso
02-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Did anyone notice that the most natural finisher isnt even available in this fantasy league :D lol

WOW... you're right. The best finisher in the modern era isn't even available (someone forgot him) in the MLS fantasy league.

OOOOooops! If you are Paul Mariner that's like leaving out Thierry Henry! Oh the horror!

Also I noticed that Julio Cesar didn't have any points from his season last year. He had 0 points. I messaged the fantasy league support and they fixed it. I'll point out the Weideman error as well, but this has me wondering if they know what the f%^$ they are doing.

TFC_Allez
02-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Let's give this a try!

Team Name: Storm FC

Initial B
02-07-2013, 08:21 PM
I just Created a Head-to-Head League for anyone who wants to join. If I've set it up right, it should have a 3 round KO tournament at the end of the season to determine a final victor. Feel free to join in. This way, we're guarenteed that at least one TFC team will make it to the playoffs this year. ^_^

Name: TFC RPB Head to Head
Code: 1207-1115

veenstram
02-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Joined.
Team Name: Veenstars

OfficeGuy
02-11-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm in

Timelords

Yohan
02-25-2013, 08:01 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/02/18/mls-fantasy-101-how-set-your-mls-fantasy-soccer-manager-team

Only couple of days left till beginning of the season. We have 50 teams!

Some articles to give you pointers for those of you unfamiliar with MLS fantasy league

DOMIN8R
03-02-2013, 08:50 AM
glaze
03-03-2013, 03:03 PM
only 17,000 entries. Seems pretty small.

Abou Sky
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Well 34 points but all 3 strikers and Beckerman haven't played yet so hopefully I get a boost after the end of the day.

tfcleeds
03-08-2013, 10:39 AM
hmmm....gonna have some interesting lineup rejigging this weekend, as I loaded up on players for week 1 whose teams all happen to have byes because of the CCL. Wish I'd known about that beforehand, haha!

Abou Sky
03-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Well my 8 year old spanked me in the last round, I got 49 and he got 69!

I guess the fact that he watches the replays of all the games on MLS Live probably helps.

That said, the international duty thing is going to be a pain, I think half my team is gone and best players defo gone.

Good article on it:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/03/19/mls-fantasy-how-fill-void-players-lost-fifa-international-fixture-date?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=written%252Bpost&utm_campaign=Twitter-MLSsoccer%252Bpost

Alonso
03-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Well my 8 year old spanked me in the last round, I got 49 and he got 69!

I guess the fact that he watches the replays of all the games on MLS Live probably helps.

That said, the international duty thing is going to be a pain, I think half my team is gone and best players defo gone.

Good article on it:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/03/19/mls-fantasy-how-fill-void-players-lost-fifa-international-fixture-date?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=written%252Bpost&utm_campaign=Twitter-MLSsoccer%252Bpost

Thanks for that.

Some good suggestions in there.

Alonso
03-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Damn I messed up this weeks picks...

I didn't notice Philly was on a bye week and left Le Toux and Park on my team.

Waste of two players right there. Tabernac!

jimiv
03-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Damn I messed up this weeks picks...

I didn't notice Philly was on a bye week and left Le Toux and Park on my team.

Waste of two players right there. Tabernac!

If you have guys whose games are tomorrow sitting on the bench, you can sub them in. They changed the rules this year.

Alonso
03-23-2013, 05:51 PM
If you have guys whose games are tomorrow sitting on the bench, you can sub them in. They changed the rules this year.

Unfortunately I don't... I got Earnshaw, Cahil, and Omar Gonzalez on the bench.

I really knackered the picks this week. I should have used a wild card and paid better attention.

flamehawk
03-23-2013, 05:52 PM

Unfortunately, I only noticed at 4PM that I had Rimando and Nyassi, both on international duty, in the starting lineup. It can't be changed until after today's games have ended, which include LA (I have Cudicini on bench) How annoying.

Abou Sky
03-23-2013, 08:43 PM
I got uber screwed because I bought Perkins but left Rimando in net... Grrr...

Son is spanking me again so far this week. Bieber doing jack for me and him choosing Di Vaio as his cap put nail in that one. His team is now worth $101.7m and this is his second round!

It really amazes me his knowledge of the game, he instantly called the DC offside interference today vs Columbus. (yelled it not called it)

Using your wildcard doesn't make sense now because you will want those players back next week, best to bite the bullet and have an off week, most people will too. The few who don't will likely have poor seasons.

Alonso
03-24-2013, 01:40 AM
Pekduck/Kev makes a move to 11th place for TFC supporters!

Congratulations sir.

Armen with the honourable mention at 19th!

Abou Sky
03-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Good little show on Fantasy League:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2013/03/28/starting-lineup-mls-fantasy-week-5

I disagree on the Rimando OR Perkins debate, I have both and they aren't much money so I think it is worth keeping a trade open for future rounds and be able to switch if one is on a bye week/international duty etc.

I got kind of screwed as I picked Espindola and now he may be injured.

I am going to wait until Saturday morning before making any changes but SKC are at home so it might be worth bringing Bieler back in.

Voodooman
03-28-2013, 08:53 PM
ughh my team just sucks haha

Alonso
03-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Good little show on Fantasy League:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2013/03/28/starting-lineup-mls-fantasy-week-5

I disagree on the Rimando OR Perkins debate, I have both and they aren't much money so I think it is worth keeping a trade open for future rounds and be able to switch if one is on a bye week/international duty etc.

I got kind of screwed as I picked Espindola and now he may be injured.

I am going to wait until Saturday morning before making any changes but SKC are at home so it might be worth bringing Bieler back in.

Yeah me to. Damn it I took a 4 point hit to get him out for Ryan Johnson, I have a feeling with all the chances he's had lately that he's due for brace or something.

I'm liking my team this week.

Abou Sky
03-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Dammit!

www.bigapplesoccer.com/teams/redbulls2.php?article_id=33204

Espindola is out, guess I am taking the hit and putting in Bieler

My son's team now worth $102.3m and he joined in Rd 3!?

Abou Sky
04-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Marco Di Viao and Todd Dunivant out, Frederico Higuan and Josh Williams in.

Colombus is playing Philly at home so I think they can come away with a clean sheet and hopefully a couple of goals for Higuan. (Whom if you didn't know IS in fact the brother of THAT Higuan! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Higua%C3%ADn )

Abou Sky
04-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Good video on this week's pics,

m.mlssoccer.com/video/2013/04/04/starting-lineup-mls-fantasy-week-6

I have zusi BUT with 40% of teams holding him it makes it hard to outperform. I have the armband on Higuain

Stouffville_RPB
04-05-2013, 07:20 AM
already made a bunch of these moves already. there goes weeks of work. thanks mlssoccer.com

Abou Sky
04-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Ya, but did you have that Dallas defender?

pekduck
04-05-2013, 07:28 AM
didn't plan that well.. most of my starters play against each other this week.... gonna be a painful outing

Abou Sky
04-05-2013, 07:31 AM
didn't plan that well.. most of my starters play against each other this week.... gonna be a painful outing

That happened last week with me and I came away with 66pts,it isn't all bad. Especially if those playing each other are your mids and forwards

Technorgasm
04-05-2013, 07:33 AM
shit ! I havent logged in since week 2 (when I signed up, so I missed a week of juicy points!)

Stouffville_RPB
04-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Ya, but did you have that Dallas defender?

Have Michel and Hedges from FCD

Alonso
04-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Have Michel and Hedges from FCD

Haha me to.

I thought the same thing after watching that episode... fuck... why am I crunching these numbers when they'll do it for me?

Stouffville_RPB
04-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Haha me to.

I thought the same thing after watching that episode... fuck... why am I crunching these numbers when they'll do it for me?

I'm more pissed that now everyone will have these guys and therefore make it almost impossible for me to distance myself/make up ground.

BTW if you need to be told to get Graham Zusi on your squad or to make him your captain by now you really haven't been paying attention.

Alonso
04-05-2013, 08:11 AM
I'm more pissed that now everyone will have these guys and therefore make it almost impossible for me to distance myself/make up ground.

BTW if you need to be told to get Graham Zusi on your squad or to make him your captain by now you really haven't been paying attention.

Agreed.

I think half the league has him as captain by this point.

Alonso
04-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Although there is a bright side to all this.

I bought Michel at $5M only this week... after that episode he's worth $5.3M now...

I bought Robert Earnshaw day 1 when he arrived for $7.5M .... after that episode he's at $8.2M

These guys are talking up my stock :-)

Canary10
04-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Agreed.

I think half the league has him as captain by this point.

Zusi gets points for putting his shirt on the right way and his boots on the right feet.

Alonso
04-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Zusi gets points for putting his shirt on the right way and his boots on the right feet.

Graham Zusi conspiracy theory?!? :cool:

Canary10
04-05-2013, 08:39 AM
^ Seriously, it's ridiculousous. I had him as captain the game against TFC, and went home thinking I was screwed that week. Then I saw his points. He had more than guys that scored. The point system in MLS Fantasy is atrocious. They should follow the EPL fantasy system.

Stouffville_RPB
04-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Fantasy soccer scoring is always going to be iffy.

I'm a big fantasy football player, played quite a bit of fantasy baseball over the years and even dabbled in fantasy basketball and hockey. The difference between the traditional American sports and soccer is that stats in those other sports have always been kept and stats can have a value in those sports. Outside of goals, clean sheets, saves nothing has every really been calculated in soccer. So much an interception in the NFL will always be a big play. An intercepted pass in soccer will always be subject to the situation within the game. It makes fantasy soccer and its scoring a totally different animal.

Alonso
04-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Yeah I don't know how Justin Braun is worth $6.7M at zero points, and Deshorn Brown is worth $6.1M at 18 points.

Brown seems like very good value at this point.

Also Matt Stinson is still available on the cheap....

Canary10
04-05-2013, 09:03 AM
"Fantasy soccer scoring is always going to be iffy.

I'm a big fantasy football player, played quite a bit of fantasy baseball over the years and even dabbled in fantasy basketball and hockey. The difference between the traditional American sports and soccer is that stats in those other sports have always been kept and stats can have a value in those sports. Outside of goals, clean sheets, saves nothing has every really been calculated in soccer. So much an interception in the NFL will always be a big play. An intercepted pass in soccer will always be subject to the situation within the game. It makes fantasy soccer and its scoring a totally different animal."

In EPL fantasy you get points for clean sheets, goals, assists (first assist), and time played. Points taken off for own goals, missed penalties, reds, yellows. That's about it. They do give bonus point of 1, 2, and 3 points to the three best performing players from each game, which is a bit subjective, but based in stats and usually the player getting three BP is pretty obvious to everyone. It's far less subjective. I don't know what the offensive and defensive bonus in MLS is really about (throw-ins completed?), but they can be a lot of points. Zusi seems to get 5 offensive bonus points every game regardless of what he does. ANd some players get negative bonus points. I'd love to know how that happens.

Stouffville_RPB
04-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Attacking Bonus

Players will score extra points for positive play:

1 point for every 3 crosses (A cross is defined where the ball is played to their own player in the penalty area)

1 point for every 3 key passes (A key pass is one that leads to a shot at goal)

1 point for every big chance created (A big chance is one where the analyst determines the player should score)

-1 point for every big chance missed

Defending Bonus

Players will also score extra points for good defending:

1 point for every 6 clearances, blocks or interceptions

1 point for every 6 recovered balls

-1 point for every error leading to a goal

The EPL scoring sounds like there really isn't a place for mids that aren't offensive and don't produce goals/assists which would be far from reality. Sounds to me like the MLS has better scoring for midfielders (see bonus scoring above). Guys like Osvaldo Alonso who isn't very offensive still will get defensive bonus points in MLS fantasy.

Abou Sky
04-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Being in front of Prizby makes me happy... :)

Canary10
04-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Attacking Bonus

Players will score extra points for positive play:

1 point for every 3 crosses (A cross is defined where the ball is played to their own player in the penalty area)

1 point for every 3 key passes (A key pass is one that leads to a shot at goal)

1 point for every big chance created (A big chance is one where the analyst determines the player should score)

-1 point for every big chance missed

Defending Bonus

Players will also score extra points for good defending:

1 point for every 6 clearances, blocks or interceptions

1 point for every 6 recovered balls

-1 point for every error leading to a goal

The EPL scoring sounds like there really isn't a place for mids that aren't offensive and don't produce goals/assists which would be far from reality. Sounds to me like the MLS has better scoring for midfielders (see bonus scoring above). Guys like Osvaldo Alonso who isn't very offensive still will get defensive bonus points in MLS fantasy.

That's really subjective, but helpful. I still think there are points for completed throw ins. :)

I like the EPL system way better. Yeah, defensive midfield players don't get a lot of points (except for clean sheets) but I'm fine with that when the scoring is more objective. It forces you to know more about the players. Like finding a midfielder who lines up as a striker in a 4-3-3 is gold. Or a defender who plays as a wing back. Getting points for everything takes away from the knowledge needed to play well.

Initial B
04-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I generally keep my focus on Defenders and Midfielders - usually I prefer a 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 with my one striker playing against a team with a high Goals Against. I've been pretty much able to net above 60 points per round that way.

Alonso
04-05-2013, 01:57 PM
I generally keep my focus on Defenders and Midfielders - usually I prefer a 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 with my one striker playing against a team with a high Goals Against. I've been pretty much able to net above 60 points per round that way.

Dude, your are full of gems with this.

I have followed your advice and have benefited.

Stouffville_RPB
04-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Didn't have the greatest week but neither did my opponent (or the rest of my league). Came away with a W.

Abou Sky
04-14-2013, 09:25 PM
68 points! Badass!

Wish Davis was my captain for the extra 14 points, I put Perkins as my captain hoping for a clean sheet.

Note, NYRB and SKC both play two games next week, may be worth using your wildcard as you get a second in the summer.

Yohan
04-14-2013, 09:35 PM
68 points! Badass!

Wish Davis was my captain for the extra 14 points, I put Perkins as my captain hoping for a clean sheet.

Note, NYRB and SKC both play two games next week, may be worth using your wildcard as you get a second in the summer.
Portland SJ game is just starting

Canary10
04-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Ha, I had a -1 with Alan Gordon. What an idiot. Still finished with 69 and up to second.

MartinUtd
04-15-2013, 11:31 AM
51 points, not great but I'm only just realizing that the points system in fMLS does not favour the same type of formation as fPremierLeague.

Next week should be interesting with the double game week. I just used my transfers and I have 4 players featuring twice. I figured saving the wild card for GW11 is probably for the best.

Abou Sky
04-15-2013, 11:41 AM
51 points, not great but I'm only just realizing that the points system in fMLS does not favour the same type of formation as fPremierLeague.

Next week should be interesting with the double game week. I just used my transfers and I have 4 players featuring twice. I figured saving the wild card for GW11 is probably for the best.

Ya, I usually use a 3-4-3, although this week have a 4-3-3

Which begs the question, anyone using 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 or something like that?

It is kind of rough that they don't change players that are under D and play Mid back to Mid or are under Mid and play F back to forward. (Mike McGee)

I have used this to my advantage, but it is obviously gaming the system and I would rather have a straighter shot at first.

Jumped a whack of places in all my leagues. It would be nice if there was something like a 'night out' at Real Sports for people with Fantasy Teams under TFC supporters, just free nachos, some crappy trophies and players coming out would be nice.

pekduck
04-15-2013, 11:56 AM
^
4-4-2 last week... was meh... only 50 some odd points...

hope this week is good for recovery...

edit: nope, 3-4-3 last week... should've checked before posting... going with 4-4-2 this week

Canary10
04-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Ya, I usually use a 3-4-3, although this week have a 4-3-3

Which begs the question, anyone using 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 or something like that?

It is kind of rough that they don't change players that are under D and play Mid back to Mid or are under Mid and play F back to forward. (Mike McGee)

I have used this to my advantage, but it is obviously gaming the system and I would rather have a straighter shot at first.

Jumped a whack of places in all my leagues. It would be nice if there was something like a 'night out' at Real Sports for people with Fantasy Teams under TFC supporters, just free nachos, some crappy trophies and players coming out would be nice.

It's not gaming. If you have a defender who plays up the pitch and can score, get him. Defender goals are worth a lot. Generally only people watching closely pick up on those things. You deserve the advantage if you're paying close attention.

MartinUtd
04-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Also in FPL you have players like Michu and Walcott that are billed as midfielders but for all intents and purposes they're forwards.

And yes, I similarly use a 3-4-3 in FPL and have been in FMLS until now. Next week I'm going with a 442 partly due to double fixtures and partly because the fowards kind of suck in this set up. There are 13 other players with as many or more points as Earnshaw, the league's top scorer.

Abou Sky
04-21-2013, 07:07 PM
88 points! Bam!

No double headers next week but have to prep for weeks following.

Anyone have douchebag Aurelien Collin as their captain? Didn't see that coming.

Stouffville_RPB
04-22-2013, 07:08 AM
101 points with a 4 point deduction for an additional transfer this week for a total of 97 points. Don't mind patting myself on the back for this week.

For anyone interested, the last time I dropped a Columbus player (Oduro) they went on quite a run of decent form (2 goals, 9,7 and 2 pts over the last 3 weeks). I have just dropped Higuain so look for a strong performance this week.

flamehawk
04-22-2013, 09:06 AM
The scoring system is kind of strange. I don't get why my Wondo has 1 point only, with his assist last night not counted.

Rodgesico
04-22-2013, 10:01 AM
The scoring system is kind of strange. I don't get why my Wondo has 1 point only, with his assist last night not counted.

Wondo will probably not get credit for the assist. Portland's Michael Harrington appears to get his leg on the ball before the goal negating Wondo's assist.

nonc
04-22-2013, 12:57 PM
TFC players get boned by the "analysts." Zusi had as much attacking bonus points (8) in an early season draw and loss (2 games) than the whole TFC team has the entire season. Nonetheless I enjoy this scoring system just as much as the Premier League. Add the significant schedule variances and it's very interesting week to week.

Stouffville_RPB
04-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Wondo also got docked points for "BCF" big chances fluffed. I rather like that you get points taken away when you squander opportunities that should be scored.

pekduck
04-22-2013, 02:22 PM
90 points from weekend... should've picked donovan the prancing prima donna.... in the mid... or gave captain to Collin...

Abou Sky
04-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Well fuck you Brad Davis!

41pts, I think my first below average week.

Stouffville_RPB
04-29-2013, 09:01 AM
55 pts this week. not a huge week but enough to lift me to another W in the Rednationonline H2H league.

Canary10
04-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Well fuck you Brad Davis!

41pts, I think my first below average week.

I had two players with red cards. I think that's a first for any fantasy I've played, EPL or MLS. If only I'd had a missed penalty and an OG and it would have been a perfect weekend of failure.

Stouffville_RPB
05-08-2013, 12:10 PM
double week this week, hope everyone took advantage and got as many 2 game players in their lineup.

pekduck
05-08-2013, 12:14 PM
^
9 of my start 11 have double games this week

should i play the lone striker as Earnshaw (against a fairly average SJ defense) or Mcinerny (against equally swiss cheese Chi backline)?

Stouffville_RPB
05-09-2013, 07:08 AM
I know it's late Kev but I would've gone Jack Mac. TFC's offensive production is very inconsistent in terms of how they create chances/goals so I find Earnshaw a big risk. At least I know Philly is looking for Jack Mac. McInerney is every bit the opportunist Earnshaw is with a better strike partner for his game (Conor Casey) and better midfield play.

I had all 11 of my guys on double games but got the shaft as Ricardo Clark didn't play and Rodney Wallace only made a substitute appearance. The 70th and 77th minute goals by Portland and Dallas screwed me out of 3 clean sheets as did the late Seattle goal. All in all 6 clean sheets lost (1 for my GK, 4 for my D and 1 for my midfield).

I'm now likely going to sub out Clark for Okugo.

Alonso
05-09-2013, 12:10 PM
double week this week, hope everyone took advantage and got as many 2 game players in their lineup.

Yeah I have 10 playing twice. But I still sucked the hind tit on first round of matches. (Below the average pts gotten so far)

damnit

Alonso
05-09-2013, 12:13 PM
I know it's late Kev but I would've gone Jack Mac. TFC's offensive production is very inconsistent in terms of how they create chances/goals so I find Earnshaw a big risk. At least I know Philly is looking for Jack Mac. McInerney is every bit the opportunist Earnshaw is with a better strike partner for his game (Conor Casey) and better midfield play.

I had all 11 of my guys on double games but got the shaft as Ricardo Clark didn't play and Rodney Wallace only made a substitute appearance. The 70th and 77th minute goals by Portland and Dallas screwed me out of 3 clean sheets as did the late Seattle goal. All in all 6 clean sheets lost (1 for my GK, 4 for my D and 1 for my midfield).

I'm now likely going to sub out Clark for Okugo.

Yeah I unloaded Earnshaw... I see a drought of epic proportions until Koevs comes back.

I like Okugo to. Adding him back on next week (Took him out because he only played once this week)

pekduck
05-09-2013, 12:57 PM
yulp.. philly double game next week, both Okugo and Jack Mac will get starts...

i'll hold on to earnshaw for now.. got him cheap...

Voodooman
05-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Luckily put Wondo as my captain for this week...sorry all haha.

Im surprisingly doing well in this, considering I really didn't know any players besides the TFC ones this year

And according to MLS we are 2nd last to Chivas on our point averages

Abou Sky
05-10-2013, 10:05 PM
yulp.. philly double game next week, both Okugo and Jack Mac will get starts...

i'll hold on to earnshaw for now.. got him cheap...

Jahn is a good trade out for Earnshaw and you have some bucks left over.

Stouffville_RPB
05-15-2013, 07:31 AM
Finished last week with 112 points. If I captained Wallace I could've been at 131. Now up to 7th in the Rednation Online H2H league and 28th overall on the TFC fans league.

Short week this week with Philly and LA playing 2 games.

EDIT: stat corrections were applied to a few players. Check your score you may have had positive changes. I went up 7 points (119 total) and moved up a spot in the TFC supporters league. I'm coming for you PekExpress!

Abou Sky
05-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Finished last week with 112 points. If I captained Wallace I could've been at 131. Now up to 7th in the Rednation Online H2H league and 28th overall on the TFC fans league.

Short week this week with Philly and LA playing 2 games.

EDIT: stat corrections were applied to a few players. Check your score you may have had positive changes. I went up 7 points (119 total) and moved up a spot in the TFC supporters league. I'm coming for you PekExpress!

Crap, nice job!

Mine jumped 5 but 82 isn't great for this round.

Voodooman
05-16-2013, 06:26 AM
Sitting in the top 30 in our group...im happy with that so far

Rodgesico
05-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Rounds 15 and 16 are closing in fast.

Round 15 has 9 teams on a bye. Round 16 has 4 teams that play twice in the week. It is going to be tough to set up fantasy teams for those weeks. Also given that when you transfer a player you loose 50% of the accumulated value, transferring players out temporarily will cost you money and you may not be able to afford to rebuild you team with players that are producing points.

I'm not sure how I am going to approach these rounds. I am leaning on fielding a team with some players that are on a bye and taking a hit on points in order to keep the core of the team together, setting up my team up to take advantage of round 16's double games.

I would like to see others ideas for round 15 and 16.

Any thoughts?

Canary10
05-16-2013, 08:43 AM
^ You're doing too well for me to be offering any advice to you!

Rodgesico
05-16-2013, 08:52 AM
LOL, These rounds are driving me crazy, I have been thinking about them for weeks. I am looking for a fresh perspective.

I think i'm an addict to fantasy soccer. I know it sounds really odd.

Canary10
05-16-2013, 08:58 AM
^ I am too, I get it. The strange scheduling in these gameweeks makes it a whole different animal from the EPL version. I haven't looked that far ahead in the schedule but I'll look and see if I have any thoughts. (I'm Lombardo's Hair btw).

nonc
05-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Finally in top 1000. These byes and frequent doubles make it trickier and more involving than Fantasy Premier League, I have to keep a .doc to keep track of what I have to do.

Rodgesico
05-16-2013, 09:06 AM
I have been thinking about creating a spreadsheet for the same reasons. Just tough to keep things in order.

nonc
05-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Rounds 15 and 16 are closing in fast.

Round 15 has 9 teams on a bye. Round 16 has 4 teams that play twice in the week. It is going to be tough to set up fantasy teams for those weeks. Also given that when you transfer a player you loose 50% of the accumulated value, transferring players out temporarily will cost you money and you may not be able to afford to rebuild you team with players that are producing points.

I'm not sure how I am going to approach these rounds. I am leaning on fielding a team with some players that are on a bye and taking a hit on points in order to keep the core of the team together, setting up my team up to take advantage of round 16's double games.

I would like to see others ideas for round 15 and 16.

Any thoughts?

Look at the few teams that play both those weeks and beyond. Crew, Timbers, Galaxy, Revs. And of course be careful of International participants in general. Have a plan for weeks ahead of time because it's often a multi-week prep.

Initial B
05-16-2013, 09:17 AM
The trick is to keep a couple of productive players and players that you would lose at least $.5M in transfer value if you were to trade Remember that you will always have at least 3 players and one goaltender out every week, so its okay to keep some of them in reserve and not play them for a week while rejuggling the rest of your roster. One option I am considering is to tweak my lineup leading up to the round 15, then use my wildcard during round 16 to max out double players.

Rodgesico
05-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Nice choice in captain this round Mr. Lombardo's Hair. Congratulations, I didn't have the guts to do that this week.

Rodgesico
05-16-2013, 09:27 AM
I was trying to hold onto my wildcard for the Gold Cup, I guess i just want to have my cake and eat it too. It's definitely a balancing act.

Canary10
05-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Nice choice in captain this round Mr. Lombardo's Hair. Congratulations, I didn't have the guts to do that this week.

I had a feeling they were going to rely on him to score since they have some knocks up front, and Keane was listed as possibly not playing. Then Keane played anyway of course, but it still worked out.

Alonso
05-16-2013, 07:51 PM
I had a feeling they were going to rely on him to score since they have some knocks up front, and Keane was listed as possibly not playing. Then Keane played anyway of course, but it still worked out.

I had him as my Captain to.

My strategy going into next week is to use my 2 free transfers to add guys who will play twice in round 16, and then do that again after round 15, all while keeping the guys that I already have that will play twice.

Pretty simple and obvious, but easier said then done. There is a lot to consider.

This is my first time playing Fantasy League of any kind, and the last time there were a bunch of teams playing twice in the week I loaded up on players that played twice in the week. I had 10 guys on my starting lineup who played twice that week.

I made 3 non-free transfers and ate -12 hoping that they would each get at least 2 pts per game to break even. My thinking was that if one of them had a break out week I'd end up on top. I basically broke even, and am thinking that it's worth doing especially if your adding someone like Keane, Donovan, Henry, Wondo, Zusi, Colin etc... who can occasionally have a huge week at 12+ pts per game.

As for the 50% knock of the value gained from a player after transferring him, for some reason, I made all these transfers and went from a team value of $102.9M to $102.5 after all the transfers. A week later, my team is valued at $103M, so it seems that the guys I transferred for have all increased in value over last week and I came out with a more valuable team after subbing out all those players.

Too early to tell, but it looks like I sold Earnshaw just in time.

I'll pick up Earnshaw again when Koevs comes back and his value has dropped again. Buy low.... sell high.

Edit: What I don't get is that the week isn't over and people haven't had the chance to make transfers, and the value of my team is increasing substantially... My team is now at $103.2M , there has to be something else driving up the value of my players besides supply and demand since that hasn't had a chance to be reflected yet since transferring is not allowed right now...

Initial B
05-16-2013, 08:35 PM
They do a daily revision of the transfers for each player. Apparently 114 transfers up or down in a 24 hour period equals +/- 0.1M to the player's price. They put some holds on players that are injured or 'other' reasons I can't fathom. I look at Robbie Keane's transfer history and the numbers don't add up. I find with a lot of the marquee players the transfer rules don't seem to apply.

Rodgesico
05-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Edit: What I don't get is that the week isn't over and people haven't had the chance to make transfers, and the value of my team is increasing substantially... My team is now at $103.2M , there has to be something else driving up the value of my players besides supply and demand since that hasn't had a chance to be reflected yet since transferring is not allowed right now...

The ability to transfer players is never halted. It simply rolls over to the next round. Round 12 transfer deadline was 7:15 pm EDT Wednesday May, 15th , any transfers after 7:15 PM on Wednesday would be attributed to week 13. Some people are setting their teams up for next weeks round early or they didn't realize that the transfer deadline was actually Wednesday rather than what would normally be Saturday (I think this is the case in some of the transfers in this situation).

On occasion I have taken a gamble with hot players who's value is on the rise and transferred early to take advantage of lower values. This is risky since he may not have played during the round at that point and there is a possibility of being injured while you have already burned your transfer for the next round.

The increase in value for a player is based on transfers in and out to make up a net transfer number. When that number represents 1.8 percent of the overall managers in the league there will be a change of $0.1M. That number (1.8%) is adjusted when a player is injured, as in the case of Keane. Link (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/03/06/mls-fantasy-insider-information-secret-formula-buying-low-and-selling-high) to MLS FSM explanation.

I'm not convinced that the 1.8% is based on the overall managers in the league as suggested by the FSM organizers. I think it might be based on the percent of owners for that particular player. I currently have Quillan Roberts as my backup keeper. He has a net transfer of -23. He has dropped in value $.02M. 23 does not represent 1.8% of overall managers in the league. That number would be 392 based on 21 832 players. So I really do not know exactly how value is calculated.

Alonso
05-19-2013, 01:46 PM
The ability to transfer players is never halted. It simply rolls over to the next round. Round 12 transfer deadline was 7:15 pm EDT Wednesday May, 15th , any transfers after 7:15 PM on Wednesday would be attributed to week 13. Some people are setting their teams up for next weeks round early or they didn't realize that the transfer deadline was actually Wednesday rather than what would normally be Saturday (I think this is the case in some of the transfers in this situation).

On occasion I have taken a gamble with hot players who's value is on the rise and transferred early to take advantage of lower values. This is risky since he may not have played during the round at that point and there is a possibility of being injured while you have already burned your transfer for the next round.

The increase in value for a player is based on transfers in and out to make up a net transfer number. When that number represents 1.8 percent of the overall managers in the league there will be a change of $0.1M. That number (1.8%) is adjusted when a player is injured, as in the case of Keane. Link (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/03/06/mls-fantasy-insider-information-secret-formula-buying-low-and-selling-high) to MLS FSM explanation.

I'm not convinced that the 1.8% is based on the overall managers in the league as suggested by the FSM organizers. I think it might be based on the percent of owners for that particular player. I currently have Quillan Roberts as my backup keeper. He has a net transfer of -23. He has dropped in value $.02M. 23 does not represent 1.8% of overall managers in the league. That number would be 392 based on 21 832 players. So I really do not know exactly how value is calculated.

Thanks for that... That makes sense. So transferring players early gets you a bite at the apple first, and could mean an extra $0.2 or so in value to your team if tons of others follow suit later in the week.

Good to know.

Rodgesico
05-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Your welcome

So transferring players early gets you a bite at the apple first, and could mean an extra $0.2 or so in value to your team if tons of others follow suit later in the week.

Not only that but since currently there is a cap of .03M change in a week. If you transfer in late when the value has already increased you will loose out on potential value.

Note: There is talk that the .03M cap may be increased along with other potential changes Link (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/18/mls-fantasy-mobile-app-draft-leagues-point-alterations-%E2%80%93-what-else-do-fans-w)

Alonso
05-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Your welcome

Not only that but since currently there is a cap of .03M change in a week. If you transfer in late when the value has already increased you will loose out on potential value.

Note: There is talk that the .03M cap may be increased along with other potential changes Link (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/18/mls-fantasy-mobile-app-draft-leagues-point-alterations-%E2%80%93-what-else-do-fans-w)

Also very good to know....

I didn't realize that their was a cap on the increased value of a player within a given week.

These little things make a very big difference over time.

Stouffville_RPB
05-22-2013, 11:54 AM
LOL, These rounds are driving me crazy, I have been thinking about them for weeks. I am looking for a fresh perspective.

I think i'm an addict to fantasy soccer. I know it sounds really odd.

I've been trying to plan for the next few weeks for a while now (especially round 15) and I can't find a way to field a complete team without dismantling what I've taken the season to accomplish. I think most people will be in the same boat so I'm just going to field as many as I can and suck it up that my point total will suck (and hope I won't be the only one).

EDIT: just say this http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/22/mls-fantasy-next-two-months-will-test-your-skills-managerwill-you-crumble-mi
it may help some of you out over the next few weeks

Rodgesico
05-22-2013, 05:21 PM
I've been trying to plan for the next few weeks for a while now (especially round 15) and I can't find a way to field a complete team without dismantling what I've taken the season to accomplish. I think most people will be in the same boat so I'm just going to field as many as I can and suck it up that my point total will suck

That is exactly the approach I was going to employ for weeks 15-16 until last week. This past week put me behind the 8 ball a bit and I need to make up or at least not loose ground in those rounds.

My theory is that players on the US national team are going to national camp on the 26th through June 2 (some players will probably play on the 26th for their home clubs) KC is also on a bye for rounds 15 and 16. If you have Zuzi he will not be getting points for at least 3 rounds (if he plays on May 26th, if he does not it will be 4 rounds) I believe that people will be transferring players out to free up space and save on potential value drops on Zuzi and other players on the US national team. US also has WQ Qualifiers in Jamaica (June 7 in Kingston), Panama (June 11 in Seattle) and Honduras (June 18 in Salt Lake City). The team has not been announced for these dates (as far as I know) but it is likely to be similar to the camp starting on the 26th. So players like Davis, Gonzalez and so on may not be playing in MLS until June 22 or round 17.

If player values do not decrease I am building my team to increase in value to help offset the cost of getting the players I dropped back when needed.

I hope it works, it's going to be a make or break month.

Alonso
05-22-2013, 07:00 PM
That is exactly the approach I was going to employ for weeks 15-16 until last week. This past week put me behind the 8 ball a bit and I need to make up or at least not loose ground in those rounds.

My theory is that players on the US national team are going to national camp on the 26th through June 2 (some players will probably play on the 26th for their home clubs) KC is also on a bye for rounds 15 and 16. If you have Zuzi he will not be getting points for at least 3 rounds (if he plays on May 26th, if he does not it will be 4 rounds) I believe that people will be transferring players out to free up space and save on potential value drops on Zuzi and other players on the US national team. US also has WQ Qualifiers in Jamaica (June 7 in Kingston), Panama (June 11 in Seattle) and Honduras (June 18 in Salt Lake City). The team has not been announced for these dates (as far as I know) but it is likely to be similar to the camp starting on the 26th. So players like Davis, Gonzalez and so on may not be playing in MLS until June 22 or round 17.

If player values do not decrease I am building my team to increase in value to help offset the cost of getting the players I dropped back when needed.

I hope it works, it's going to be a make or break month.

Yeah I dropped Zusi this week because of this and will drop Colin for two weeks as well.

I'm thinking their value will go down because a lot of people will do this, and hoping that I can buy them back cheaper then what I sold them for....

It's going to be real tricky to juggle this.

Initial B
05-22-2013, 09:22 PM
^ Note: Last year I tried that and the values never seemed to drop as much as they should have for the number of managers dropping those players. Kind of like the magic allocation money LAG and NYRB get. I recommend keeping the two players you like the most and will net you the most points and simply use the other players in your pool. Remember, you have 15 players in your pool and you can only play 11 at any one time...

nonc
06-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Don't have any TFC players but have noticed they continue to get the shaft by these MLS analysts. Playing with 10 men for more than half the game, no TFC player got more than 1 defending bonus, meanwhile multiple Union players got +2 or +3. I realize this comes down to specifics, but even so it's ridiculous. Laba supposedly only had 3 CBI's (blocks, clearances, interceptions). I counted more than that in injury time alone. Parke conveniently had 12, just enough for the +2 bonus.

edit: Convey got 1 attacking bonus, which I won't argue with though he should have also had at least 1; probably 2 defending bonuses.

Abou Sky
06-02-2013, 04:19 AM
I went out on a limb and captained Osorio, it paid off.

Canary10
07-02-2013, 03:31 PM
I noticed MLS Fantasy updated Vancouver's home strip recently. TFC's is still the old one. We're one of the only teams shown in the wrong kit. Somehow I think that means something....

pekduck
07-03-2013, 11:17 AM
still have 6.5 unused..... is it worth saving these much cash? who to splurge amid gold cup?

Canary10
07-03-2013, 11:33 AM
still have 6.5 unused..... is it worth saving these much cash? who to splurge amid gold cup?

Don't save that much cash. What has that ever done for Arsenal?

Do you have enough players with the Gold Cup?

pekduck
07-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Don't save that much cash. What has that ever done for Arsenal?

Do you have enough players with the Gold Cup?

yep... with 2 out 4 bench players also available for selections....

Canary10
07-03-2013, 12:12 PM
yep... with 2 out 4 bench players also available for selections....

I personally don't like to have a lot of money sitting around. Having a bit is ok because you never know when you'll have to trade for a high priced guy. 6.5 is quite a lot. But if all your players are in form, it doesn't really matter I guess.

pekduck
07-03-2013, 12:14 PM
I personally don't like to have a lot of money sitting around. Having a bit is ok because you never know when you'll have to trade for a high priced guy. 6.5 is quite a lot. But if all your players are in form, it doesn't really matter I guess.

it was freed up after dropping Zusi due to WCQ matches, he has not produced since coming back so I haven't spend that buffer yet...

Keane is on and off, either 16 points or 2 points... hesitant to spend on him....

that much cash is it's burning a hole

Alonso
07-03-2013, 03:37 PM
it was freed up after dropping Zusi due to WCQ matches, he has not produced since coming back so I haven't spend that buffer yet...

Keane is on and off, either 16 points or 2 points... hesitant to spend on him....

that much cash is it's burning a hole

I bought Keane recently and it's paid off twice... I have a feeling he is going to settle in for a tear down the stretch...

What's your overall team worth if you don't mind me asking?

pekduck
07-03-2013, 09:12 PM
I bought Keane recently and it's paid off twice... I have a feeling he is going to settle in for a tear down the stretch...

What's your overall team worth if you don't mind me asking?

101.2 + 6.5 cash

Keane or no Keane....

nonc
07-03-2013, 11:34 PM
101.2 + 6.5 cash

Keane or no Keane....

I think it's a good time to buy Keane and if your forwards need an overhaul you can offset his cost with Fagundez, who I would consider anyway since you should also be thinking about Rapids, Revs and TFC players for their double week in a few weeks time. Le Toux could also be an upgrade to your midfield, he's been on the rise for a while after being out of the picture early on. His price should continue to rise taking all their dead balls.

nonc
07-03-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm still hesitant to add TFC players though because of these anti-TFC MLS game analysts. Not a single TFC defender got a defending bonus against Impact. Montreal back line combined for 7 defending bonus points! Hard to imagine considering the game was quite even overall.

Canary10
07-04-2013, 08:43 AM
101.2 + 6.5 cash

Keane or no Keane....

Wow, you have a ton of money. I had Keane as my C last week. He is a bit off and on, but his on is so good he's worth sticking with.

Rodgesico
07-04-2013, 11:44 AM
101.2 + 6.5 cash

Keane or no Keane....

My thoughts may be a bit outdated since the transfer deadline for round 19 has passed but here they are regardless.

Keane remains a bit of an uncertainty for me right now although he is on my team. He has the highest PPG average (http://fantasy.mlssoccer.com/stats/elements/?element_filter=0&stat_filter=points_per_game) in the league for players accumulating more than 75 points. (I say for those who have more than 75 points because some have higher PPG average but have only one or two games played) Hard to argue with 8.4 PPG.

I like SKC's schedule in the next 2 rounds more than LA's. For me it will come down to how LA plays tonight. Keane may put up big numbers again and make the decision to keep or trade even harder.

I'm still hesitant to add TFC players though because of these anti-TFC MLS game analysts. Not a single TFC defender got a defending bonus against Impact. Montreal back line combined for 7 defending bonus points! Hard to imagine considering the game was quite even overall.

I think many are in the same boat. Caldwell (http://fantasy.mlssoccer.com/stats/elements/?element_filter=te_18&stat_filter=points_per_game) is really the only player I am looking at from TFC right now. At this point a solid single week from a top player will match a two game total from many TFC players. Here is to hoping TFC goes on a scoring run and give us some players to put on our fantasy teams for round 22 and beyond.

Canary10
07-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Well, I guess we got the answer on Keane. I wanted to trade him and save a bit of money. But have to run with his form now.....

Canary10
07-15-2013, 09:37 AM
So TFC is on a double game week. Anyone seriously thinking about picking up any ​TFC player for it?

flamehawk
07-15-2013, 09:57 AM
So TFC is on a double game week. Anyone seriously thinking about picking up any ​TFC player for it?

nope.

Stouffville_RPB
07-15-2013, 09:59 AM
^ no. but if you are, Caldwell is the only TFC player to even consider rostering

I have a bit of a dilemma. I have Camilo, Fagundez (double week), Deshorn Brown (double week).

I hate playing 3 forwards, especially since my mid and D is pretty strong. Is it worth it to bench Camilo for those 2? If I had to play just 1 who would it be?
Is it worth benching a pretty reliable mid who is playing 1 game for a forward playing 2?

EDIT:
Fagundez has Colorado and Columbus
Brown has NE and Seattle
Camilo v LA

Canary10
07-15-2013, 10:17 AM
nope.

Pretty sad that there isn't one player on Toronto that you could bank on getting more points in two games than most other players in one.

pekduck
07-15-2013, 10:20 AM

Bendik in net for me, lol

He'll be busy for both games.. despite losing 0-3, he racked up 7 points due to saves.

Canary10
07-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Bendik in net for me, lol

He'll be busy for both games.. despite losing 0-3, he racked up 7 points due to saves.

Actually I had him in net this week too. But Clint Irwin is my number one. I'll take him over the two games since he actually gets clean sheets the odd time.

Canary10
07-15-2013, 10:46 AM
^ no. but if you are, Caldwell is the only TFC player to even consider rostering

I have a bit of a dilemma. I have Camilo, Fagundez (double week), Deshorn Brown (double week).

I hate playing 3 forwards, especially since my mid and D is pretty strong. Is it worth it to bench Camilo for those 2? If I had to play just 1 who would it be?
Is it worth benching a pretty reliable mid who is playing 1 game for a forward playing 2?

EDIT:
Fagundez has Colorado and Columbus
Brown has NE and Seattle
Camilo v LA

My view is you should always stick with the in-form player.

Alonso
07-15-2013, 01:51 PM

I picked up Caldwell on his recent 8 point game... I think I'll keep holding on to him.

Alonso
07-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Is anyone else not able to access their fantasy team right now?

I login, then select fantasy like usual then it opens a new web page where I have to login again...

Then it keeps repeating this loop.

Stouffville_RPB
07-15-2013, 07:02 PM
I got in alright

Alonso
07-15-2013, 07:03 PM
I got in alright

My browser then maybe? This is weird.

Alonso
07-15-2013, 07:10 PM
I cleared my cookies and my cache but still the same problem... I am eternally logging in but not being taken to my team as usual....

Rodgesico
07-15-2013, 07:16 PM
My browser then maybe? This is weird.

I have not been able to log into the site since Saturday via my laptop. Have used multiple browsers. Had to resort to logging in using my iPad. There was reference to a log in problem on MLS Fantasy Soccer Twitter account this weekend asking for patience and to use the mobile site (http://m.fantasy.mlssoccer.com/) in the meantime.

Rodgesico
07-15-2013, 07:18 PM
My view is you should always stick with the in-form player.

second this

Rodgesico
07-15-2013, 07:29 PM

I am considering it, still undecided. Leaning towards no, with Osorio, Henry, Morgan questionable for Wednesday, Silva and O'Dea, gone and Koev out lines are depleted. Team is in rough shape right now. Not sure I can take the chance. I will make the final decision tomorrow.

Rodgesico
07-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Anyone heard anything on Robbie Keane's injury last night? It looked to be a hip flexor injury. He said he would probably get a scan today.

The injury was not last night as I stated earlier, it was during the Portland game on Sat.

Alonso
07-15-2013, 07:41 PM
I have not been able to log into the site since Saturday via my laptop. Have used multiple browsers. Had to resort to logging in using my iPad. There was reference to a log in problem on MLS Fantasy Soccer Twitter account this weekend asking for patience and to use the mobile site (http://m.fantasy.mlssoccer.com/) in the meantime.

Yeah you're right I just checked twittter:
There is an issue affecting a small group of users. Our login service partner is working to resolve the problem.

Stouffville_RPB
07-15-2013, 09:39 PM
I cleared my cookies and my cache but still the same problem... I am eternally logging in but not being taken to my team as usual....

I was using my iPad. Maybe there is a PC issue on the site

EDIT
saw post above mine

Alonso
07-15-2013, 10:56 PM

I tried logging in with my kobo arc and my LG android phone... still not able to connect.

Looks like I need an apple friend to make my picks this week, or it's a conspiracy to keep the man down possibly led by you? (I'm coming for you!)

I know a few coworkers that use iphones and ipads... hopefully that works or else if you win the season series I will blame this weeks inability to access the site as your advantage...

g:D (I know that you've statistically already beat me barring a miracle and as such I have started garnering my excuses)

Rodgesico
07-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Looks like I need an apple friend to make my picks this week, or it's a conspiracy to keep the man down possibly led by you? (I'm coming for you!)

I know a few coworkers that use iphones and ipads... hopefully that works or else if you win the season series I will blame this weeks inability to access the site as your advantage...

g:D (I know that you've statistically already beat me barring a miracle and as such I have started garnering my excuses)

It would be a good idea if I could pull it off again a few times.....er... I mean no that would not be fair bad idea.

If you continue to have problems logging in contact them with your specifics at feedback@mlssoccer.com

Provided I do gather more points than you at the finish, I will accept your "excuse" for lost points this week as the cause.

Rodgesico
07-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Some news on Keane (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/07/16/la-galaxys-robbie-keane-still-ailing-hip-injury-portland-status-weekend-air)

“I don't know [how bad it is], we'll have to see ...,” he told reporters afterward. “It's definitely a pull or something like that, because I tried to take off and just couldn't run.”

Rodgesico
07-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Just got a reply from mls feedback Re log in issues

"This issue seems to be affecting about 30 to 40 fans, we are working with our login service provider to find a solution. Your message helps us trouble shoot the issue.

--MLS Digital"

Stouffville_RPB
07-16-2013, 06:28 PM
I got on with a PC earlier today

Will Johnson is back and came down from $9m to $8.3 due to the Good Cup. If he plays like he did before he left its a good buy.

Voodooman
07-17-2013, 06:13 AM
As figured, I am doing terrible at this. Managing to stay top 50 in our group though haha

Canary10
07-17-2013, 11:01 AM
It would be a good idea if I could pull it off again a few times.....er... I mean no that would not be fair bad idea.

If you continue to have problems logging in contact them with your specifics at feedback@mlssoccer.com

Provided I do gather more points than you at the finish, I will accept your "excuse" for lost points this week as the cause.

I'm catching you six points at a time, Rodgesico. Just a word of warning.

Alonso
07-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Still can't log in to manage my team....

This is starting to piss me off.

I'm getting robbed here.

I emailed support yesterday and all they said was sit tight, and that they couldn't guarantee I'd be able to get in in time to make my moves for this week.

Canary10
07-17-2013, 12:03 PM

I'm getting robbed here.

I emailed support yesterday and all they said was sit tight, and that they couldn't guarantee I'd be able to get in in time to make my moves for this week.

That's really annoying. Mine seems to be ok. Strange that only some people are affected.

Rodgesico
07-17-2013, 03:38 PM

I'm getting robbed here.

I have been able to log in since last night around 6pm. I cleared my cache, all of my history, and cookies again last night and things worked.

They are having problems finding a solution because apparently everyone seems to require a different one. There is not consistency with the problem.

I know that does not help you much. Is there anyone you would trust to do the changes for you?

Also since the problems appear to be isolated to such a few users (at least that is what they are claiming) maybe trying another PC might be an option. **That is assuming that you have not already attempted doing that.

Rodgesico
07-17-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm catching you six points at a time, Rodgesico. Just a word of warning.

If I can cut that down to 3 per week I might still have a chance :)

Alonso
07-17-2013, 06:01 PM
I have been able to log in since last night around 6pm. I cleared my cache, all of my history, and cookies again last night and things worked.

They are having problems finding a solution because apparently everyone seems to require a different one. There is not consistency with the problem.

I know that does not help you much. Is there anyone you would trust to do the changes for you?

Also since the problems appear to be isolated to such a few users (at least that is what they are claiming) maybe trying another PC might be an option. **That is assuming that you have not already attempted doing that.

Yeah I tried at work, with my phone, with my tablet... none of them worked.

They emailed me and said that I needed to log into facebook and take the ñ out of my name as that worked for some people (can't imagine why but I did it anyways)

That didn't work either....

I just gave my info to Stouffville who graciously offered to try and log in from his computer with my account info but I doubt that will work either as it seems to be a problem with my account not the computers.

Alonso
07-17-2013, 06:04 PM
That's really annoying. Mine seems to be ok. Strange that only some people are affected.

Yeah its annoying to say the least, I've put a lot into this fantasy team for it to all just be flushed down the toilet like this.

Oh well, hopefully its only one week and I luck out with whatever the system automatically plays for me.

Alonso
07-17-2013, 06:10 PM
As figured, I am doing terrible at this. Managing to stay top 50 in our group though haha

It's still fun though no?

I'm having a great time.

Learning a lot more about the league and having a good time while at it.

Rodgesico
07-17-2013, 06:45 PM
I just gave my info to Stouffville who graciously offered to try and log in from his computer with my account info but I doubt that will work either as it seems to be a problem with my account not the computers.

Good Luck, keep us updated on how things are going.

Looking at the worst case scenario and you do not get to change your team this week, all things may not be lost, don't get discouraged. I have an alt team that I started in week 3 that has 1263 points so you can make up ground after missing round points.

Voodooman
07-18-2013, 06:06 AM
It's still fun though no?

I'm having a great time.

Learning a lot more about the league and having a good time while at it.

Oh yeah, learned more about the players in the league, and actually somewhat paying attention to games that are not TFC in MLS now.

Alonso
07-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Good Luck, keep us updated on how things are going.

Looking at the worst case scenario and you do not get to change your team this week, all things may not be lost, don't get discouraged. I have an alt team that I started in week 3 that has 1263 points so you can make up ground after missing round points.

I got some help from mls support yesterday and the issue seemed to be a computer glitch after a system update that didn't like the "~" in my twitter account name that was linked with my mls account.

Anyway, I got logged in at 8pm in time to make my selection, so it all worked out in the end.

Only problem is I can't use that as an excuse for not winning now... I'm sure I can scrounge up a few others some how.

Stouffville_RPB
07-22-2013, 10:53 AM
posted 77 points this week.

ended up playing Camilo and Fagundez in a 5-3-2 formation.

Alonso
07-22-2013, 11:03 AM
posted 77 points this week.

ended up playing Camilo and Fagundez in a 5-3-2 formation.

I got 75 points in the round.

Had a 4-3-3 with Keane, Camilo, and Higuain up front.

Keane didn't play so the computer swapped him out for Mat Hedges which switched my formation over to 5-3-2 like yours... He got 8 points so it worked out well.

Out of curiosity what team is yours?

Stouffville_RPB
07-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Team name is Whitchurch-Stouffville Albion

nonc
07-22-2013, 03:24 PM
My upcoming midfield is Johnson, Morales, Magee, Osorio, Le Toux. :yum: Making push for top 500.

Alonso
07-22-2013, 04:24 PM
My upcoming midfield is Johnson, Morales, Magee, Osorio, Le Toux. :yum: Making push for top 500.

Who's your team? You must be in the top 10 out of the RPB's?

nonc
07-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Who's your team? You must be in the top 10 out of the RPB's?

You had a very good round.

Maybe, I'm not in a RPB league but you can find me in top 20 of Toronto FC (global) or #6 in TFC Supporters (classic). I'm youngteam, just behind AFC Ajax who I'm assuming is regular RPB poster, TFC Ajax? Moving up at this level is tough everyone scores so well, I may not get much higher but I'll try.

Alonso
07-22-2013, 05:37 PM
You had a very good round.

Maybe, I'm not in a RPB league but you can find me in top 20 of Toronto FC (global) or #6 in TFC Supporters (classic). I'm youngteam, just behind AFC Ajax who I'm assuming is regular RPB poster, TFC Ajax? Moving up at this level is tough everyone scores so well, I may not get much higher but I'll try.

Yeah I meant TFC supporters not RPB.... You're in 6th I see. Nicely done sir.

I'm running a midfield of Morales, Johnson, Okugo, and Zusi with Neagle on the bench.

I try to spread out my team with 1 cheap but good option at each position which I find is where you develop/up team value.

I was at a high of $105 M, down to $104 M now mostly due to Johnson dropping like a stone. I should have transferred him during the Gold Cup and bought him again when he returned. That alone would have made me $1M for my team.

A big part of the game seems to be buying and selling a lot of your players. I have like 55 transfers and seem to be rewarded for a lot of turnover. It seems like you need to know who will be out and when and beat the rush to buy or sell.

I also read about a trick that you can employ to use a dummy captain (a player who isn't playing that week) so that you can choose between someone who's already played, and someone who is going to play later in the week as captain which effectively increases your odds of picking the best captain option... Still haven't tried this but this could potentially get you 10 more points per round, do you know about this? Maybe you can explain it to me better?

Rodgesico
07-22-2013, 06:19 PM
I also read about a trick that you can employ to use a dummy captain (a player who isn't playing that week) so that you can choose between someone who's already played, and someone who is going to play later in the week as captain which effectively increases your odds of picking the best captain option... Still haven't tried this but this could potentially get you 10 more points per round, do you know about this? Maybe you can explain it to me better?

This trick only works if you have a player not playing in the round and you have 2 players playing on different days.

You start the player who is not scheduled to play.

for the sake of example we will say Player A plays on Sat. and Player B plays on Sun.

In your subs you place player A first and player B second.

Now you watch how player A does in his game on Sat. If he does well he will be auto subbed at the end of the round on Sunday and he makes the team, you do nothing.

If he does poorly then before player B's game on Sun. sub him in and all is well, still take the chance that he may not do well but probably will do as well as player A so not much risk.

As far as changing captain. You could have made the player who was not starting captain. Depending on who is subbed in they would become captain (player A or B)

I have not done this captain switch myself but I believe that if you had other players playing on Sunday and you chose to switch to player B you could also switch captain to another player that did not yet play in the round (that had a Sunday match).

Clear as mud?

I am expecting this switcharoo will not be around next year.

nonc
07-22-2013, 06:57 PM
^Rodgesico, the fantasy legend himself. :drum:

Alonso
07-22-2013, 08:44 PM
This trick only works if you have a player not playing in the round and you have 2 players playing on different days.

You start the player who is not scheduled to play.

for the sake of example we will say Player A plays on Sat. and Player B plays on Sun.

In your subs you place player A first and player B second.

Now you watch how player A does in his game on Sat. If he does well he will be auto subbed at the end of the round on Sunday and he makes the team, you do nothing.

If he does poorly then before player B's game on Sun. sub him in and all is well, still take the chance that he may not do well but probably will do as well as player A so not much risk.

As far as changing captain. You could have made the player who was not starting captain. Depending on who is subbed in they would become captain (player A or B)

I have not done this captain switch myself but I believe that if you had other players playing on Sunday and you chose to switch to player B you could also switch captain to another player that did not yet play in the round (that had a Sunday match).

Clear as mud?

I am expecting this switcharoo will not be around next year.

Clear as mud.

Except I would like to clarify for others reading this.

With what you told me here, and assuming it was true... If Player A (Keane, Captian) and and Player B (Higuian, Vice Capatin) were your Captain and Vice Captain then automatically by doing what you suggest here (What I suggest is placing them both on the bench) you are getting the privilege of selecting both which player plays and which player gets double points in the round based on seeing how one of them performs before making your decision.

THAT is a discernible advantage.

Basically if I pick Keane as my captain and Higuian as VC and put them on the bench for say Braun who everyone knows is not playing... then I have the option of seeing how either one of Keane or Higuian played before subbing them in.

The truth of the matter is that one of these players is playing while the 'dummy' player ( Braun ) is not. So this allows us to see what one of our captains does for the round without committing to either captain on the roster.

Now. For example, one of our captains: Keane has a rough night and only garners two points, then you have the option of subbing in Higuian who is yet to play on Sunday.

Odds are he equals the 2 points or better.... ( or if Keane had a great night, you keep Higuian on the bench )

Hence the advantage.

I would further extrapolate that by having three heavy strikers (Keane, Higuian, Camilo... for example) and benching one of them per game in this strategy you can really max your points since it is the defenders and midfielders who really rack up the points in this fantasy system for the most part, regardless of whether their team wins, but more so on whether the team performs defensively... which a lot of soccer teams do by default. The strikers are the anomaly and with this loop hole you can really make some strides?

Stouffville_RPB
07-22-2013, 10:24 PM
It's a nice trick but you are also spending $10m a week on a player that isn't getting you points. You also are hoping that both of them don't score.

Thats why I usually favour 5-4-1 or 4-5-1. I spend most of my cash on D and mid while shopping the bargain bin for forwards.

Rodgesico
07-22-2013, 11:14 PM
From what I understand of the rules you are correct, but you will only see the point total player one. You will need to choose to sub in player 2 before his game starts on Sunday otherwise the substitution window will close and the auto sub will take place at the end of the round.

I have not used the captain switch myself so I am only speculating as to how it would work.

I have just reviewed the rules relating to captain substitutions they state "If your captain plays 0 minutes in the round and no manager substitutions or captain changes have been made, the captain will be changed to the vice-captain."

My earlier post said that if you allowed the auto sub to take place the incoming player would become captain. That appears to be untrue.

also relating to Manual substitutions

"Brand new to the 2013 game, manager substitutions allow you more flexibility to make alterations during a round. After all matches on a single day have finished and before the next matches start, you can:

Replace any player who has not played, with one from your bench whose team is yet to play.
Change your captain (if he did not play), with a player from your squad whose team is yet to play."

There can be some advantage to not naming any of the bench players as captain or vice captain.

In my scenario I will name the "dummy" (Braun) as captain and say Keane as vice captain both will start the game.

If you allow the auto-sub to take place then Braun will be subbed out and Keane will become the double point player as vice captain. If Keane does not have a good game then you will have the option to name any of the players who have not played as captain by subbing in Player 2. This might be beneficial if you learn that say Higuain (Player 2) may not be starting but will still play on Sunday at the last minute.

The added advantage would be that if Keane had an OK week with 5-6 points he is still on the field and gets those points while you may want to gamble on someone else getting more points. If he stays on the bench and does not get used he gets nothing.

This switcheroo while sounds like it would give you a major advantage by hedging your bets with your captaincy it is really dependent on specific conditions. If you take this week for example you would need to have a Dallas player on your team (Dallas are on the bye week which many people will have) combined with players from either Seattle or Chivas (only teams that play on Sunday). I don't see anyone on either Chivas or Seattle that I would like as my captain. That being said my choice in captaincy lately has not been exactly stellar. Who knows?

How I have used this to my advantage is with the fringe players who are less consistent, or players who have a tough match up for a particular week. I usually name my captains from my starting lineup and use my subs to fill in the gaps with the switcheroo when conditions are right.

I believe you should start your best players and play to the advantages of the particular week. I don't think I would put Keane and Higuain on the bench at the same time. Too much money on the bench. One of them will not get points in this situation, my luck would be that Keane had a good 12 point week and I make him captain while Higuain had a super week of 16 points and stays on the bench negating his points.

Stouffville_RPB
07-23-2013, 10:00 AM
has anyone used their 2nd wildcard?

if not does anyone plan on using it? looking at my team i like the way it is set out and barring a rash of injuries (at the same time) i can't see me needing to make an overhaul in the next few weeks.

Canary10
07-23-2013, 10:26 AM
I haven't even used my first yet. Maybe when the Gold Cup players are back. But my team has been pretty good too. I can't see needing to make that many changes.

nonc
07-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Any 2013-14 versions of U-Sector or TFC Supporters on Fantasy Premier League yet? Interested in anything TFC or MLS.

Alonso
08-01-2013, 09:16 PM

if not does anyone plan on using it? looking at my team i like the way it is set out and barring a rash of injuries (at the same time) i can't see me needing to make an overhaul in the next few weeks.

I plan on using mine.

More for strategy than anything else... if you can tweak your team to take advantage of the teams playing that week it has paid off for me more than not....

Rodgesico
08-03-2013, 12:45 PM

Since we have unlimited transfers for the round when using the wildcard, I might try and make some money through multiple transfers with the hot players from that round.

Alonso
08-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Since we have unlimited transfers for the round when using the wildcard, I might try and make some money through multiple transfers with the hot players from that round.

Dude the fact that you are 25th in the entire MLS fantasy league is mind boggling.

You have done well sir, and good luck to you the rest of the way...

It would be great to see one of us finish in the top 10 overall! (Out of 24,000 contestants, that is not an easy task)

Voodooman
08-13-2013, 06:11 AM
Almost in the Top 200!!!!........in Canada -.-

Rodgesico
08-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks Alonso for the encouragement. Alas I have not been putting up the numbers as of late, I will have to do much better if a top 10 finish in order.

Alonso
08-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks Alonso for the encouragement. Alas I have not been putting up the numbers as of late, I will have to do much better if a top 10 finish in order.

When you are into the finer percentiles of greatness, it all comes down to luck, or insider knowledge.

So hopefully you have one or the other.

:-)

Rodgesico
08-17-2013, 05:56 PM
For my situation it was luck with a lot of research. I was reading everything I could find relating to MLS, and watching every game, occasionally twice. MLS Live was my go to for games. Really good service for out of market teams. I have not been able to devote as much time into Fantasy Soccer lately and it really has shown in my team results. At least that is my excuse.

Out of curiosity how many of you out there have multiple teams? I have 4 that I am playing with. One is kind of a novelty team called Red Past Boys that only has players that were once signed to or currently play for TFC. (I did have to cheat once and break my rule for my goaltender, just in case someone checks my transfer history, lol)

Maybe that could an alternate RPB Forum league next year, only past or current TFC players. On second thought it's really sad that that could be a reality come to think of it.

prizby
08-17-2013, 06:18 PM
For my situation it was luck with a lot of research. I was reading everything I could find relating to MLS, and watching every game, occasionally twice. MLS Live was my go to for games. Really good service for out of market teams. I have not been able to devote as much time into Fantasy Soccer lately and it really has shown in my team results. At least that is my excuse.

Out of curiosity how many of you out there have multiple teams? I have 4 that I am playing with. One is kind of a novelty team called Red Past Boys that only has players that were once signed to or currently play for TFC. (I did have to cheat once and break my rule for my goaltender, just in case someone checks my transfer history, lol)

Maybe that could an alternate RPB Forum league next year, only past or current TFC players. On second thought it's really sad that that could be a reality come to think of it.

think the rules state you can only have 1 team?

Alonso
08-19-2013, 02:39 PM

I only have 1 team going at the moment, but the former tfc players sounds like a fun twist....

Rodgesico
08-28-2013, 07:35 PM
think the rules state you can only have 1 team?

It turns out you are right prizby. After reading your post I contacted MLS and relayed my Fantasy Soccer situation in relation to multiple teams. They responded by saying that If I wanted to remain in contention for any prizes I would have to allow my alternate teams to be deleted. So long story short I gave them my team names and they deleted my "for play teams".

I was curious to know how the monitored the use of multiple teams and asked how they monitor Fantasy Soccer.

They responded:

"We spot check accounts and toward the end of the season during the playoffs,
we would have manually checked all the account and alerted fans. Future
versions of the game won't allow you to register a second team."

I also asked about the switcharoo/caparoo work around for changing players mid round that was discussed earlier in this forum. Personally I do not like the workaround and would like to see this eliminated. I have used it and benefited from it, but it feels like an unfair advantage to me. Not everyone knows about it or uses it, but if you want to be competitive you almost have no choice.

The response:

"Next season will have several improvements. Parts of the game - like selecting a captain and vice-captain - will get harder and more tactical for players. But other parts like the user experience and some of the scoring will become more initiative and less of a hassle.

We are working on next season's game now so everything is very fluid. As we have more updates to share we'll have post on MLSsoccer.com."

Anyway my account is legit now, and will continue to have fun with my 1 team.

Thanks prizby for the heads up.

prizby
08-28-2013, 11:51 PM
no problem; wasn't sure about the rule myself...good for you for tackling it head on; would have sucked if they dqed you after the fact