PDA

View Full Version : First home game and changes to BMO

SuperTCP
01-31-2013, 11:45 AM
TFC First Home Game on March 9th will be at played at Roger’s Center.

TFC First game at BMO Field = Saturday March 30th vs. LA Galaxy

Budweiser is new Beer Sponsor and rumor has it they are currently renovating the bottom of the South End which will include a Large Bar and Patio section. The Carlsburg Patio Tables that were normally behind the net will be removed so that this Bar/Patio section can reach right to edge of section. Looking forward to seeing this.
:drinking:

Ultra & Proud
01-31-2013, 11:49 AM
TFC First Home Game on March 9th will be at played at Roger’s Center.

TFC First game at BMO Field = Saturday March 30th vs. LA Galaxy

Budweiser is new Beer Sponsor and rumor has it they are currently renovating the bottom of the South End which will include a Large Bar and Patio section. The Carlsburg Patio Tables that were normally behind the net will be removed so that this Bar/Patio section can reach right to edge of section. Looking forward to seeing this.
:drinking:
Nice. Other new stadiums have these types of set ups so it's good we're getting on board. One thing regarding Inbev, I have always heard good things about them in that will come in and swag a place up to no end. Now hopefully they get a decent beer on tap and we're talking (not Bud, Keiths, and not Stella in a plastic cup). Let's get some Lowenbrau, Bass, or at least Rolling Rock in there. And bring back 2007 beer prices too!

ryan
01-31-2013, 11:58 AM
Wait...there's going to be a bar full of (who?) in FRONT of the south end supporters?

Am I reading that right?

Yagbod
01-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Maybe we can get Bud Girls cheerleaders too, they can dance with pom-poms in the aisle... hold on, wait a sec, I'm suddenly not feeling so well....:puke:

ecospice
01-31-2013, 12:31 PM
Wait...there's going to be a bar full of (who?) in FRONT of the south end supporters?

Am I reading that right?

Maybe it is at the South of the North Stand - that way the beer garden would extend South, under the North stand and into the area behind the net.

Ageroo
01-31-2013, 12:46 PM
Well I don't think the south end is where this is taking place....I sit in 115 and no clue as to what they are talking about. I assume they mean the north.

nascarguy
01-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Lowenbrau, Bass, or at least Rolling Rock are not decent beer

billyfly
01-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Send someone down there to find out.

Parkdale - go on your lunch

Ajax TFC
01-31-2013, 12:51 PM
Rogers Center eh? If they think they can repeat the success of the CCL game there, they are in for quite a shocker. I predict an atmosphere comparable to or deader than Jays games.

Fort York Redcoat
01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
Patio is in the North End still. They are changing what is at the front of the North End.

Ageroo
01-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Patio is in the North End still. They are changing what is at the front of the North End.

Good....lol

Red CB Toronto
01-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Is this really not them taking out those tables they sold right at the front of the north end, which at $400 a pop were emply quite a bit and taking the patio right up to the front, that is how I see it.

Ultra & Proud
01-31-2013, 01:05 PM
Lowenbrau, Bass, or at least Rolling Rock are not decent beer

Perhaps, but they sure are when comparing them to Keith's, Bud, and Stella (in a cup). I'd say Boddington's or some of their imports but they'll never have them so it's down to what the Rogers Centre has.

I figured that meant the north stand but I wonder if they are doing some waterproofing if they are indeed building a bar under there.

denMAR
01-31-2013, 01:24 PM
Any mention on if prices of beer will change?

rocktml
01-31-2013, 01:31 PM
Lets sell out Rogers Center!!!!

TFC TFC

Ultra & Proud
01-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Any mention on if prices of beer will change?

Doubt it. If anything they will just match whatever the Rogers Centre does. I think it was the same or close.

Carts
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Ah the beer debate; this is shit, no this is shit, no this is great & that is shit, no no no this is great that is shit...

Its all personal taste... There is no right or wrong answer...

It's a smart idea to extend the patio and make more room for people to drink & watch, because those tables are never sold these days...

For beer, have a variety of tall cans & taps (if possible) from the same company (they're paying for that right). You'll never please everyone, but you'll please many more by having options...

Beer price reduction would be an awesome treat - especially unannounced when we arrive at BMO for the first match (not holding my breath, but even a one-off game would be nice!)...

If Bud swags up the joint (especially under the stands), I have no issue. We have the sponsor signage in the stadium, and the pixel board around the one-side of the pitch - if they want to plaster ads under the seats, put a beer mint in the urinals, and call tallboys "big beer buddies" who cares - just leave the pitch & match alone, and please for the love of God this team to win some f'n' matches!!!

Carts...

Auzzy
01-31-2013, 01:53 PM
InBev should bring in some of their Franziskaner beers, or Diebels, or Goose Island, or Leffe, etc etc. Oh & 2007 beer prices as mentioned above. Then I would even buy beer at BMO! ;)

Ultra & Proud
01-31-2013, 02:35 PM
InBev should bring in some of their Franziskaner beers, or Diebels, or Goose Island, or Leffe, etc etc. Oh & 2007 beer prices as mentioned above. Then I would even buy beer at BMO! ;)

They really should offer at least something different somewhere. Like the food stuffs. If you want to try some import draft then they'll have a special beer cart set up at section whatever.

I bet they are building a big bar type thing in the beer garden like what they have by the Rogers Centre gate we used for our matches there. No reason why they have like 12 taps split between two beers. It's like the shitty Birchmount Tavern. 10 taps and every single one has Coors Light.

Suds
01-31-2013, 02:42 PM

Great. Now there will be all kinds of riff-raff behind my seats now. g:D

OgtheDim
01-31-2013, 04:14 PM

Its all personal taste... There is no right or wrong answer...

You've obviously never drank a bottle of 50.

Ultra & Proud
01-31-2013, 04:34 PM

So right, it's wrong.

Red CB Toronto
01-31-2013, 04:50 PM
I enjoy 50 at the pub when it is cheap, lets me keep cash in my pocket and enjoy more beer.

Walms
01-31-2013, 04:52 PM
They really should offer at least something different somewhere. Like the food stuffs. If you want to try some import draft then they'll have a special beer cart set up at section whatever.

I bet they are building a big bar type thing in the beer garden like what they have by the Rogers Centre gate we used for our matches there. No reason why they have like 12 taps split between two beers. It's like the shitty Birchmount Tavern. 10 taps and every single one has Coors Light.

It would be nice if they devoted the new south beer garden to that...Give it a Bavarian feel, instead i predict several over-the-top Bud displays and only that crap on tap

Carts
01-31-2013, 05:01 PM

Personally, hate it - but I know people who love it!

Brooker
01-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Will Skydome continue to enforce the 1 beer per person rule? The bitch told me it was a rule only used for soccer games. I was kinda stunned.

Super
01-31-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm pretty disappointed at their decision to hold the home opener at the Rogers Centre. We all know it will very likely be less than half sold out, and that's not a great way to kick off 2013. However, having said that, I guess it could be tricky to hold any home opener at BMO taking the weather into consideration. Either way it's not ideal, and I'm not looking forward to it all that much.

james
01-31-2013, 06:21 PM
I don't know what this new bar plans are, not sure if it is a good thing or bad thing. As far as beers to drink goes, it would be great to see a bit of variety of beers at a stadium for a change. And not just a variety of big name beers like Coors Light, Canadian and Bud which all taste pretty much the same. Get a few bland big beer name beers for those who like to drink tasteless beers, some good International beers from countries like Germany and Belgium and get some micro brews in the Southern Ontario area. Thats the perfexct mix for everyone!

Yohan
01-31-2013, 06:22 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/01/first-home-match-rogers-centre

TFC screws up again

-Supporters will have same sections as CCL game last year
-Season ticket holders will have seats in 3 highest priced sections
-Season ticket holders will be able to buy extra seats starting 7 Feb
-Pre sale to general public on 14 Feb
-Pre sale prices at $10 for 500 level up to $65.
-After, $15 to $75

http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/assets/default/SoccerPres-SSHpresale.jpg

james
01-31-2013, 06:24 PM

Goose Island IPA is a great beer, Leffe and Franziskaner are pretty good and Diebels never tryed.

james
01-31-2013, 06:34 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/01/first-home-match-rogers-centre

TFC screws up again

-Supporters will have same sections as CCL game last year
-Season ticket holders will have seats in 3 highest priced sections
-Season ticket holders will be able to buy extra seats starting 7 Feb
-Pre sale to general public on 14 Feb
-Pre sale prices at $10 for 500 level up to $65.
-After, $15 to $75

http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/assets/default/SoccerPres-SSHpresale.jpg

Some sections are over priced. Don't think you will see a sell-out for that reason. Should of been more like $10-$50.

Torontotonto
01-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Rogers Center eh? If they think they can repeat the success of the CCL game there, they are in for quite a shocker. I predict an atmosphere comparable to or deader than Jays games.

Doubt it will be deader than a Jays game, however I don't think we will see a footy night at Skydome like the TFC/LAG match for a long time.

Red CB Toronto
01-31-2013, 07:05 PM
Doubt it will be deader than a Jays game, however I don't think we will see a footy night at Skydome like the TFC/LAG match for a long time.

How was it in the building for the Liverpool game with 33, 087 fans in there, compared to the 47, 658 for the LA game, which in my eyes was just magical. They must feel good about sales opening up the 500 level right out of the gate ,rather than having a wait and see attitude to determine if sales warrant it.

Dave67
01-31-2013, 07:27 PM
Opening day prices work for me. So that's two sold :D

ensco
01-31-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm sure they know this, and there must be some broadcast reason or something, but that said ... seriously? Selling single game seats without a start time? That is just a waste of people's time.

Yohan
01-31-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm sure they know this, and there must be some broadcast reason or something, but that said ... seriously? Selling single game seats without a start time? That is just a waste of people's time.
not sure what's the hold up announcing kick off time, because Vancouver released their schedule with kick off times today, if it's related to TV scheduling

Ajax TFC
01-31-2013, 08:38 PM
not as dead in the sense that the supporters sections will be singing, sure. But the attendance will probably be lower than the average Jays game (25k). Even if the entire place is singing, you just can't get a 55k seat stadium rocking with <20k fans.

james
01-31-2013, 09:36 PM
If they had say 25k fans in the lower bowl sections all together like they do in Seattle i think the atmosphere could still be great in the sky Dome.

Now if you have 25k spread out across the sky dome it wouldn't be so good. You would have something like 9k fans spread out in the lower bowl, 3k spread out in the middle bowl and another 13k spread out in the highest bowl. Atmosphere wont be good. You will have gaps in bewtween fans with few thousand here and few thousand there with big pockets of empty seats in between. It won't look good and won't be a good atmosphere. Here is hoping fans are closed in together or the sky Dome sells +35k for this game!

james
01-31-2013, 09:50 PM
not sure what's the hold up announcing kick off time, because Vancouver released their schedule with kick off times today, if it's related to TV scheduling

Probably TV schedule issue as the NHL schedule came out last minute wit the strike and in Toronto we also have Raptor games, Leaf games and TFC games all playing in the same month. Im sure the time schedule will come out soon.

OgtheDim
01-31-2013, 10:30 PM
You know, I get the feeling they think the average TFC follower doesn't want to pay $35. There's a lot more yellow then I thought there would be.

jazzy
01-31-2013, 10:52 PM

yes it's a shame really,..there won't be the giant banner made by the individual supporters on their own, and all that it brought, and it will seem empty in the cement pit...BUT it may be deader than weekday LAST years Jays games but not this year ! The Jays will soon be Toronto's main team with huge support,..they did it right.(except for the dome ) of course. We'll need the BMO field to get back some spirit.

Richard
01-31-2013, 11:11 PM
Isnt anyone in the FO tossing and turing about the fact its not real grass? Do we need Frings or any older player getting injured?

Yohan
01-31-2013, 11:27 PM
Isnt anyone in the FO tossing and turing about the fact its not real grass? Do we need Frings or any older player getting injured?
well it's not going to stop Frings or other old geezers playing at New England, Vancouver, Portland, Big O at Mtl

olo114
01-31-2013, 11:43 PM
does anybody remember when sales started for the LA game, i really think this game will be marketing disaster and we will get maybe 25,000 people for the home opener, the excitement is not the same as the LA and just seems like they are rolling this out really late.

Yohan
01-31-2013, 11:45 PM
does anybody remember when sales started for the LA game, i really think this game will be marketing disaster and we will get maybe 25,000 people for the home opener, the excitement is not the same as the LA and just seems like they are rolling this out really late.
I really don't think TFC FO is trying to recreate LA game last year. For one thing, there is no Beckham to drive up the hype.

olo114
01-31-2013, 11:49 PM
I really don't think TFC FO is trying to recreate LA game last year. For one thing, there is no Beckham to drive up the hype.

Right but when you are trying to create a certain atmosphere at a game, it would look better if you fill the place instead of having under 30 come because we know that the loyal fans in the supporter sections will bring a friend, family etc, however for these games to matter on in the city and get some excitement back into the team these games need to be close to full.

Auzzy
02-01-2013, 07:16 AM
I don't think they are trying to re-create anything. They are basically forced to use Rogers Centre due to the early start to the season, and the danger of frozen pipes & other issues at BMO Field. I believe a difference to the LA game will be: all season ticket holders will get seats to this Rogers Centre game automatically. They will be concentrated in a few sections at Rogers as explained in the email. For the LA game, we selected & purchased our seats individually, anywhere in the stadium, so that was different.

So there will be a solid core of fans near the field vs KC. That is better for atmosphere than if those same 16,000 (approx.) are spread around the whole stadium. However, they will probably try to market this hard to the SSH base once the details (game time etc.) are clear, to at least get the season ticket holders out, providing some atmosphere & buying some beer.

Mind you, they still have lots of seats to sell for this SKC game, and I don't know why they are even opening the 500 level. If it's not full, folks just disappear up there. Why not just sell the 1st & 2nd level? I guess they figure they can sell enough tickets at $10 to $15 to make it worthwhile. Maybe they'll get in a bunch of youth teams etc. Probably they will also only release seats in sections, so people aren't too spread out.

I don't know how the season-ticket pre-sale on Feb. 7th will work (for additional seats), since you obviously want your extra seats next to your own. How do they do that, and still fill in the sections??? Overall, I don't think the atmosphere will be great at Rogers; but the stands could also be pretty empty at BMO if the weather is bad on March 9th (if it were even technically feasible to play there).

gdg_9
02-01-2013, 10:29 AM

well it's not going to stop Frings or other old geezers playing at New England, Vancouver, Portland, Big O at Mtl

Honestly, with the acquisition of Cesar, I could see Frings sitting out most of those away games on FieldTurf.

jabbronies
02-01-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't think they are trying to re-create anything. They are basically forced to use Rogers Centre due to the early start to the season, and the danger of frozen pipes & other issues at BMO Field. I believe a difference to the LA game will be: all season ticket holders will get seats to this Rogers Centre game automatically. They will be concentrated in a few sections at Rogers as explained in the email. For the LA game, we selected & purchased our seats individually, anywhere in the stadium, so that was different.

So there will be a solid core of fans near the field vs KC. That is better for atmosphere than if those same 16,000 (approx.) are spread around the whole stadium. However, they will probably try to market this hard to the SSH base once the details (game time etc.) are clear, to at least get the season ticket holders out, providing some atmosphere & buying some beer.

Mind you, they still have lots of seats to sell for this SKC game, and I don't know why they are even opening the 500 level. If it's not full, folks just disappear up there. Why not just sell the 1st & 2nd level? I guess they figure they can sell enough tickets at $10 to $15 to make it worthwhile. Maybe they'll get in a bunch of youth teams etc. Probably they will also only release seats in sections, so people aren't too spread out.

I don't know how the season-ticket pre-sale on Feb. 7th will work (for additional seats), since you obviously want your extra seats next to your own. How do they do that, and still fill in the sections??? Overall, I don't think the atmosphere will be great at Rogers; but the stands could also be pretty empty at BMO if the weather is bad on March 9th (if it were even technically feasible to play there).

If they were smart, they would be selling the 500 level to soccer clubs around the GTA for like $5-$10 a pop. Fill the upper bowl with kids - future supporters

gdg_9
02-01-2013, 10:41 AM
If they were smart, they would be selling the 500 level to soccer clubs around the GTA for like $5-$10 a pop. Fill the upper bowl with kids - future supporters

That is actually a great idea...

The entire upper bowl should be set up as a kids zone.
Bring in minor teams from all over southern Ontario with extremely cheap tickets (it's not like they are going to be able to fill the upper bowl anyway!)

Makes too much sense though, so it probably won't happen.

Ultra & Proud
02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
This right here!

glaze
02-01-2013, 12:26 PM
So are the supporters going to be in supporters sections, or the top 3 price points?
I am hoping it is more like LA, and less like Liverpool, based on the drama of supporters sections not being treated as such by security in the corners. Tickets seem to be overpriced and their isn't an event feel to attract the same atmosphere as the LA game. But, TFC had no choice due to the early march start date.
The real opener for me will always be scarf day, which I assume is the LA BMO opener (game 2).
I have no issue with moving games into a dome, but I do have issues with our Dome. The seats are at a poor angle and are set way too back from the field, there is no legroom (I am 6'8" so that is an issue most places, but the 100 level is really uncomfortable), and little things like have the concrete floor visible outside of the pitch area really make for a poor visual feel.
I am interested to see how this turns out. My expectations are pretty low.

Technorgasm
02-01-2013, 01:27 PM
wait a minute. .
we are AGAINST cheeleaders?

bring back scotts girl then.

RPB: GIYP edition.

Fort York Redcoat
02-01-2013, 01:45 PM
So are the supporters going to be in supporters sections, or the top 3 price points?
I am hoping it is more like LA, and less like Liverpool, based on the drama of supporters sections not being treated as such by security in the corners. Tickets seem to be overpriced and their isn't an event feel to attract the same atmosphere as the LA game. But, TFC had no choice due to the early march start date.
The real opener for me will always be scarf day, which I assume is the LA BMO opener (game 2).
I have no issue with moving games into a dome, but I do have issues with our Dome. The seats are at a poor angle and are set way too back from the field, there is no legroom (I am 6'8" so that is an issue most places, but the 100 level is really uncomfortable), and little things like have the concrete floor visible outside of the pitch area really make for a poor visual feel.

More like LA than Liverpool. Well, it's like LA. I wasn't at the Liverpool match..

james
02-01-2013, 01:52 PM
yes it's a shame really,..there won't be the giant banner made by the individual supporters on their own, and all that it brought, and it will seem empty in the cement pit...BUT it may be deader than weekday LAST years Jays games but not this year ! The Jays will soon be Toronto's main team with huge support,..they did it right.(except for the dome ) of course. We'll need the BMO field to get back some spirit.

Why cant we make a big banner for this game??? or why cant those people that made the big banner bring the banner to this home opener???

james
02-01-2013, 02:06 PM

6'8" man I am 6'2" and some old stadiums in Europe that i have been to are a much tighter squeeze then that of the sky dome. Queens Park Rangers i don't think you would even beable to sit down to be honest that place is probably the most cramed in that I have been to. Andelecht in Belgium the seats had no back to them but you are sitting arm to arm and Fulham was pretty tight to. A few other games have been ok for space sitting down and most other games i have been in standing sections so i don't really know how the seats were.

Get tickets at the Sky Dome in the supporters section, they stand all game long so you do not have to worry about leg room!

Derko
02-01-2013, 03:22 PM
We were at the very back of level 200 under the overhang for level 300, I felt like I was in a fucking cave, I'll be standing in the supporter's section for this one. I hate the fucking Dome, unless you are in an executive suite, got lucky for the Man United vs Celtic match a few years back. I know the plumbing not heated for BMO, but man I would rather be there than the Dome.

Yagbod
02-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Why cant we make a big banner for this game??? or why cant those people that made the big banner bring the banner to this home opener???

The guy who has the big banners has mentioned that he might bring them. I forget who it is though. I am pretty sure that the 'make history' banner would not be making an appearance. I think it no longer exists. Hopefully someone can correct me on that.

As for making another banner of that size, I don't think it is worth the effort. This is a regular season game, not a CCL playoff. Additionally, our team is less than inspiring right now. Maybe if they start to put in some effort we can too.

I'm looking at this match as just another regular season game. Nothing too exciting until the boys can show they are worth the effort again. It sucks that it is at the dome, but for for the myriad of reasons already explained it cannot be elsewhere. So, we suck it up and enjoy not being cold in a cold heartless baseball stadium.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
02-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Double Header....CNWT vs USA WOMAN....OLYMPIC REMATCH!!!....Followed by TFC vs KC!

50 000 EASY...!

THERE IS NO BIGGER team in Canada right now then..CNWT...and no bigger player then CS!!!

Someone forward this to the yahoo's running this show!:):drinking:

Yohan
02-01-2013, 05:44 PM
The guy who has the big banners has mentioned that he might bring them. I forget who it is though. I am pretty sure that the 'make history' banner would not be making an appearance. I think it no longer exists. Hopefully someone can correct me on that.

As for making another banner of that size, I don't think it is worth the effort. This is a regular season game, not a CCL playoff. Additionally, our team is less than inspiring right now. Maybe if they start to put in some effort we can too.

I'm looking at this match as just another regular season game. Nothing too exciting until the boys can show they are worth the effort again. It sucks that it is at the dome, but for for the myriad of reasons already explained it cannot be elsewhere. So, we suck it up and enjoy not being cold in a cold heartless baseball stadium.I know most of us are feeling apathetic, but if we can't get a little excited for home opener, man, it sucks supporting TFC right now.

nfitz
02-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Double Header....CNWT vs USA WOMAN....OLYMPIC REMATCH!!!....Followed by TFC vs KC!The women are playing in Cyprus on both the 8th and 11th of March.

An interesting idea though! Perhaps one year the opener could do this if it doesn't conflict with the Cyprus Cup.

Auzzy
02-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I know most of us are feeling apathetic, but if we can't get a little excited for home opener, man, it sucks supporting TFC right now.

I'm starting to get excited.

I didn't realize the back of the 200's were so bad. I was in the first row of the 200s vs LA, and thought it was great. Would actually rather be there, than the lower section where SSH'ers will probably be seated for the KC game. But I'll live.

jazzy
02-01-2013, 06:22 PM

truth..I'm 6' and can't sit anywhere without pain after say 45mins....can't understand why everyone glosses over the fact that the stadium is rubbish. yes they treat you well but at a cost, how many hot dogs and drinks can one afford?..I'll be surprized on over 20,000

jazzy
02-01-2013, 06:33 PM
they were hard core supporters that gave it there all, without gratitude and were never appreciated by most groups or MLSE...haven't been in touch with any as of late and miss them...not sure where the banner is. One of the few I missed painting. Also the team needs to rebuild it's group relationships, that it all too frequently abused. I personally just want to watch some footie slowly rebulid in our town.

jazzy
02-01-2013, 06:37 PM
We were at the very back of level 200 under the overhang for level 300, I felt like I was in a fucking cave, I'll be standing in the supporter's section for this one. I hate the fucking Dome, unless you are in an executive suite, got lucky for the Man United vs Celtic match a few years back. I know the plumbing not heated for BMO, but man I would rather be there than the Dome.
truly...I'd rather be in a snowmobile suit freezing enjoying the atmosphere anyday...unfortunately it would be crazy on the players but then again look at england lately..pity

jazzy
02-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Double Header....CNWT vs USA WOMAN....OLYMPIC REMATCH!!!....Followed by TFC vs KC!

50 000 EASY...!

THERE IS NO BIGGER team in Canada right now then..CNWT...and no bigger player then CS!!!

Someone forward this to the yahoo's running this show!:):drinking:

brilliant!!!

Torontotonto
02-01-2013, 07:23 PM
How was it in the building for the Liverpool game with 33, 087 fans in there, compared to the 47, 658 for the LA game, which in my eyes was just magical. They must feel good about sales up the 500 level right out of the gate ,rather than having a wait and see attitude to determine if sales warrant it.

Blake can't compare the Liverpool game, wasn't there, but all the hard work on banners put in weeks before, the pre-game party at Crocodile Rock, the march to the stadium, and the 47, 658 in attendance surely did help the atmosphere.
A night to be remembered for sure !!!

Yagbod
02-01-2013, 09:46 PM
I know most of us are feeling apathetic, but if we can't get a little excited for home opener, man, it sucks supporting TFC right now.

I'm sure we'll get more excited by the time the match rolls around. But I doubt we will see any 180ft banners until they turn the club around.

james
02-02-2013, 05:17 PM
I know the club has not been doing good since day 1 but now you see teams like Portland, Seattle, DC United, even New York, Chicago and Kansas have great Tifo displays or banners or flag displays. Would be nice to have at least the TORONTO FOOTBALL CLUB banner across the front. It shows we still have support and that is a cool looking banner to see on TV and is impressive. To be honest i wish we had that banner all the time but i guess it doe's not fit at BMO field. Its not even like we need to do anything, the banner is already made, just need to bring it to the game.

jazzy
02-02-2013, 08:33 PM
'we' don't own that banner....it isn't ours to find and bring,...yes it would have been great,...they were special individuals who headed the creating of the banner,..in spite of the horrible FO attitude at the time towards everyone...

Red CB Toronto
02-02-2013, 10:08 PM
'we' don't own that banner....it isn't ours to find and bring,...yes it would have been great,...they were special individuals who headed the creating of the banner,..in spite of the horrible FO attitude at the time towards everyone...

Who owns the big banner that stretched the length of the south end at Rogers Cetre for the LA game?

Toronto
02-03-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm starting to get excited.

I didn't realize the back of the 200's were so bad. I was in the first row of the 200s vs LA, and thought it was great. Would actually rather be there, than the lower section where SSH'ers will probably be seated for the KC game. But I'll live.

Wait to buy tickets for the opener. Remember this the same organization willing to screw over existing ticket holders by cheapening it's own product on Groupon deals. In a month they'll be giving 2 tickets for the price of one with a free hot dog with each seat.

Unless of course the signing of Kyle Bekker captures the imagination of the local sports fan. Then the joint will be popping.

Auzzy
02-03-2013, 10:50 PM
^ I'm not buying any more seats for the KC game; I'll get a pair as a SSH.

nfitz
02-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Remember this the same organization willing to screw over existing ticket holders by cheapening it's own product on Groupon deals.I don't recall any groupon offers last year that were giving tickets below STH cost. Below face, sure ... but STH don't pay face.

Joe Kool
02-04-2013, 12:19 AM
^ I'm not buying any more seats for the KC game; I'll get a pair as a SSH.

Me too. Last year I brought 14 more people besides the pair I had for a total of 16 seats for the Dome CCL game. This year I will just take my SSH pair. Not dragging anyone else out for regular season game. I saw many others on here doing the same as me last year bringing others but I doubt that will happen again to the same extent and they will be lucky to fill the lower bowl IMO.

kodiakTFC
02-04-2013, 02:12 AM
Me too. Last year I brought 14 more people besides the pair I had for a total of 16 seats for the Dome CCL game. This year I will just take my SSH pair. Not dragging anyone else out for regular season game. I saw many others on here doing the same as me last year bringing others but I doubt that will happen again to the same extent and they will be lucky to fill the lower bowl IMO.

That's very interesting because last year I brought 10 extra and this year I'm not going to bother.

OgtheDim
02-04-2013, 11:08 AM
What this does give is a chance for people who can't be bothered to find tickets through a 3rd party, or who don't want to pay the usual price for game day tickets, a chance to see a game.

If the FO looked on it as a yearly opportunity, there are ways to market this properly as a "soccer's back" seasonal thing - the cheap tickets to kids in the 500 level would be a good start.

TFC_Allez
02-04-2013, 11:50 AM
I can only speak for myself and my 2 other buddies who have season tickets, that we'll be treating this game the same way we treated the Galaxy game...by inviting everyone we know to fill up that "big ugly cavernous waste of space that acts as a ball sack for the CN Tower" we call the Skydome/Rogers Centre.

There's no way possible to recreate the buzz of that CCL night, but we can still do our best. I can't see why it would be a stretch to predict 30k+ for this game if we can all invite friends and family like the last time. I feel the same way about this team that most of you guys do as well...apathy...but its our home opener...we should at least try our best to get some excitement going and try and give our boys a boost.

Yohan
02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
I can only speak for myself and my 2 other buddies who have season tickets, that we'll be treating this game the same way we treated the Galaxy game...by inviting everyone we know to fill up that "big ugly cavernous waste of space that acts as a ball sack for the CN Tower" we call the Skydome/Rogers Centre.

There's no way possible to recreate the buzz of that CCL night, but we can still do our best. I can't see why it would be a stretch to predict 30k+ for this game if we can all invite friends and family like the last time. I feel the same way about this team that most of you guys do as well...apathy...but its our home opener...we should at least try our best to get some excitement going and try and give our boys a boost.I'm not responsible for TFC marketing. Why should I put in the effort when TFC FO has been half assed in pretty much everything for this?

TFC_Allez
02-04-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm not responsible for TFC marketing. Why should I put in the effort when TFC FO has been half assed in pretty much everything for this?
They weren't exactly the model marketing juggernaut for the CCL match either, but that turned out pretty well didn't it? lol...if you don't want to put in any effort, then don't. it won't effect my game day experience either way.

billyfly
02-04-2013, 01:27 PM
The "Changes to BMO" past of this thread.

I know in my interview with the FO I harped A LOT on BMO and infastructure. Are they doing anything about it I wonder?

OgtheDim
02-04-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm not responsible for TFC marketing. Why should I put in the effort ...

Ultimately, all football teams live and die by a mix of the atmosphere created by the fans, the quality and type of football played, and the atmosphere as created by the FO.

Its a constant challenge and tension that can never be resolved.

And every supporter takes a different view of how to involve themselves in that.