PDA

View Full Version : This year, I just don't have care.

Abou Sky
01-29-2013, 11:48 PM
This is a good thing not a bad thing.

I don't care if we win or lose. I don't care how we place or if we make playoffs.

I so miss being at bmo cheering for TFC that I just want to get back there.

Last year there was a lot of hope, this year I don't think I can be disappointed as cautious optimism is overstating my point of view.

See you at the pitch.

MartinUtd
01-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Yay for apathy!

TFC07
01-30-2013, 12:03 AM
We better at least win Voyageur Cup and play in CCL.

Yohan
01-30-2013, 12:17 AM
We better at least win Voyageur Cup and play in CCL.
I hope you don't have any expectations of making the playoffs because I'm convinced that with TFC's lack of depth, all the extra games and travels from V Cup and CCL kills TFC every season.

TFC07
01-30-2013, 12:58 AM
I hope you don't have any expectations of making the playoffs because I'm convinced that with TFC's lack of depth, all the extra games and travels from V Cup and CCL kills TFC every season.

I have no expectations when comes to playoffs this year at all. Winning V Cup is one thing TFC has always done well despite being awful in regular season.

kodiakTFC
01-30-2013, 01:07 AM
My problem is I can't help but care. I always get my hopes up no matter how hard I try to tell myself they won't compete.

Abou Sky
01-30-2013, 07:07 AM
I don't know that it is really apathy, just no expectations. It's not that I don't care about the team, I just figure I will support no matter what.

I feel that MLSE has heard the fans and now Payne needs to close his ears to them and concentrate on the team.

I trust him and will give him and RN their three years.

ecospice
01-30-2013, 07:51 AM
Totally agree - I can't wait to be back drinking $17.00 beers and eating $15.00 sandwiches - and that gorgeous April and October weather!!!! Can't wait!!!

ensco
01-30-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm guessing you are not an SSH who can't make all the games.

Abou Sky
01-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Totally agree - I can't wait to be back drinking $17.00 beers and eating $15.00 sandwiches - and that gorgeous April and October weather!!!! Can't wait!!!

Never understood how people find $10 for a can of beer expensive.

Most bars are $6.50 to $8 for a bottle, BMO is in line with Toronto pricing.

I don't know which sandwiches are $15 because I have never seen one before.

BMO is a good night out, you don't like the weather, well... Welcome to Canada.

I used to sit beside lake Ontario in January and drink beers as a kid, it is just the way it is.

prizby
01-30-2013, 09:09 AM
I have no expectations this year...this way i can't be disappointed, but I can be pleasently surprised

Most bars are $6.50 to $8 for a bottle, BMO is in line with Toronto pricing.

more have to do with them setting the pricing (them being MLSE)

[NBF]
01-30-2013, 09:18 AM
I have no expectations this year...this way i can't be disappointed, but I can be pleasently surprised

more have to do with them setting the pricing (them being MLSE)

I'm expecting mid-season changes with DP players. I dont think that even if they have the full year left on their contracts that Kevin Payne will have much patience for inconsistent performances. Plus it would be an incentive for fans to return for 2014. You shouldnt go into the season with high hopes but just to look competitive this season will be a success over the previous years. Bar was set low, lower than anyone thought.

The only praise I have for this year's team is the improved centre back pairing. I have a good feeling they will work out well, but every position is a tossup.

Fort York Redcoat
01-30-2013, 09:22 AM
I hope you don't have any expectations of making the playoffs because I'm convinced that with TFC's lack of depth, all the extra games and travels from V Cup and CCL kills TFC every season..

And if they forget about the VCup and CCL this year to make the playoffs that would really kill my season but hey, everybody's different. A lot of people would be excited.

prizby
01-30-2013, 09:25 AM
;1555044']I'm expecting mid-season changes with DP players. I dont think that even if they have the full year left on their contracts that Kevin Payne will have much patience for inconsistent performances. Plus it would be an incentive for fans to return for 2014. You shouldnt go into the season with high hopes but just to look competitive this season will be a success over the previous years. Bar was set low, lower than anyone thought.

The only praise I have for this year's team is the improved centre back pairing. I have a good feeling they will work out well, but every position is a tossup.

I don't think we'll see mid-season dp changes. I think Payne will ride their contracts out, take the 1.05 million in cap room and sign a bunch of non dps in 2014.

As a losing team, we shouldn't have 1 dp let alone 3. We should be building this roster with strong MLS like players mostly on or around $150k-$200k. That should be good enough to build a playoff contender with some depth. You only then bring in a dp or 2 when you want to take a playoff team to a championship contender/deep ccl run.

TOBOR !
01-30-2013, 09:32 AM
All I wanted from this year was for Mariner to be gone. Everything else is a win for me.

tfcleeds
01-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Totally agree - I can't wait to be back drinking $17.00 beers and eating $15.00 sandwiches - and that gorgeous April and October weather!!!! Can't wait!!!Not just any $17 beer either - $17 Bud! :rolleyes:

billyfly
01-30-2013, 10:15 AM
I thought I would feel the same about the Leafs but somehow my conscious self and sub-conscious self don't agree on this matter.

nfitz
01-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Not just any $17 beer either - $17 Bud! :rolleyes:Presumably there will be other beers as well. Despite the Carlsberg thing last year, there was Steamwhistle available as well. I'm sure there will be something potable if you keep your eyes open.

TFC John
01-30-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm not expecting anything from the team this year. Last year's renew decision was the make or break time for me. I knew that the people not renewing were the smart ones. They were the ones that sent the message that the team has to improve. I was not one of them. I took the other course and decided to take this ride right to the bottom. Last year sucked and I don't expect this year to be any different. A lot of people are really hopeful that Kevin Payne will be the savior of this team. Maybe he will but I don't hold out any hope of that. John Carver had a good soccer brain, Preke knew the league, Mo Johnson played the draft like a master, Aron Winter had a system, Paul Mariner had a winning attitude. And lots of other people were touted as the savior of the day. I'm too jaded by our history to believe anything at this point. All I'm prepared to do is come and watch and enjoy the things they do that are enjoyable and moan about the things they do that are pathetic. I'm not interested in anyone's prediction of the future. I'll be watching one game at a time and my feelings about the team will be based on what they do not what someone thinks they can do.

Even with all of that I am still looking forward to this season. I'm optimistic about the future of the RPB. I think we hit our low last year and that we will bounce back to at least some of our former glory. The work our Executive has done behind the scenes meeting with the team will pay off. We have a bunch of new members moving into 112 to fill in some of the gaps that were there. We have Paul Bernie holding meetings with supporters group to find out what the club can do to help us. And Joe's is being renovated so we get to decorate it with our stuff all over again. This feels like a fresh start to me. The team might still suck but I think the RPB have already turned the corner and will have a better season this year.

gdg_9
01-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Not just any $17 beer either - $17 Bud! :rolleyes:

That is the truly disappointing part!

I was so annoyed when I found out Bud had gotten the contract at BMO.

Does anyone know if it will be strictly Bud/Bud Light, or whether there will be any other Anheuser-Busch/Labbatt products available?

(i.e Labbatt, Keiths, Corona, Becks, Stella, etc.)

tfcleeds
01-30-2013, 10:43 AM
^Yes, I imagine that whole stable of products will be available, just as it is at Rogers Centre.

Cuppy
01-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Regardless of what this season brings March can't come soon enough and when it does I will be there. Whatever the outcome

Huyton
01-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Regardless of what this season brings March can't come soon enough and when it does I will be there. Whatever the outcome

Me too...Football, on grass, outside, in 112 with a Stella or two, a run toward the playoffs, a couple of away games...Magic!

Jpexxx
01-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Presumably there will be other beers as well. Despite the Carlsberg thing last year, there was Steamwhistle available as well. I'm sure there will be something potable if you keep your eyes open.

Where was the Steamwhistle?!?

I'm rattled I never knew this, especially if it is going to dissapear.

Phil
01-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Look for Beers of the world. Labatt has a lot to choose from.

Huyton
01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Be nice to have a good beer from the home country of each of the players in the first team squad (I miss the flags at the south end that recognized this).

Yohan
01-30-2013, 12:26 PM
still not going to be paying robbery money for beers.

The Professor
01-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Even with all of that I am still looking forward to this season. I'm optimistic about the future of the RPB. I think we hit our low last year and that we will bounce back to at least some of our former glory. The work our Executive has done behind the scenes meeting with the team will pay off. We have a bunch of new members moving into 112 to fill in some of the gaps that were there. We have Paul Bernie holding meetings with supporters group to find out what the club can do to help us. And Joe's is being renovated so we get to decorate it with our stuff all over again. This feels like a fresh start to me. The team might still suck but I think the RPB have already turned the corner and will have a better season this year.

Agree completely.
I've had the phrase, "Make us less embarrassed again" running through my brain of late. And I'm ok with that level of hope.

that whole stable of products
Stable is right - cuz it's all horse piss.

Pint
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Since this has turned into a beer thread:

I was reading last week on twitter that many supporters groups or teams in general have a designated beer they are associated with. I assume that the RPB or TFC do not have anything like this.

I believe it was @mlsrumors talking about all the beer affiliations

Yohan
01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Since this has turned into a beer thread:

I was reading last week on twitter that many supporters groups or teams in general have a designated beer they are associated with. I assume that the RPB or TFC do not have anything like this.

I believe it was @mlsrumors talking about all the beer affiliations
*head explodes*
Why the hell would you restrict yourself only one kind of deliciousness?

Greatest Ripoff
01-30-2013, 12:59 PM
I know this isn't the most popular opinion amongst some fans but I love the Voyageurs Cup. It is the only professional domestic title available in Canada and I want to see Toronto win it every year. To me, it means much more than making the MLS playoffs.

giggz
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/mls/story/?id=413508 THANKS TFC

gdg_9
01-30-2013, 01:16 PM

That is very good to hear. Would make sense to re-iterate the multicultural WORLD experience that was touted so often in BMO's early days. Different foods, Beers, etc.

Be nice to have a good beer from the home country of each of the players in the first team squad (I miss the flags at the south end that recognized this).

Agreed! that would be a cool idea.

Also, why did they stop doing that with the flags?
Did they just get tired of changing them so often? (that question is only half sarcastic!)

Dv23
01-30-2013, 03:40 PM

I would so love this. Do we have any Belgians on our team? If not, we need one.

DangerRed
01-30-2013, 04:25 PM
This is a good thing not a bad thing.

I don't care if we win or lose. I don't care how we place or if we make playoffs.

I so miss being at bmo cheering for TFC that I just want to get back there.

Last year there was a lot of hope, this year I don't think I can be disappointed as cautious optimism is overstating my point of view.

See you at the pitch.

Cool story bro. But if you don't care, then why do you go at all? Seems awfully luxurious to have two hours plus commute to piss away on something that you don't care about.

Auzzy
01-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Well Bud is owned by Anheuser-Busch is owned by InBev. So I expect this complete list of beers at BMO field this season:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InBev_brands

For 5 bucks each. Kthxbai....

Seriously, I guess they will bring in some over-hyped run-of-the-mill beers, like Stella and Beck's in addition to the Bud & Labatt crap. Instead of some of the interesting beers they own, like the awesome Franziskaner beers, or Diebels, or Goose Island, or Leffe, etc etc.

Dave67
01-30-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm looking forward to this season. Last season was my fuck it I don't care anymore, didn't renew my tickets, glad I didn't, everything sucked, didn't miss BMO, fuck the drama, have a hissy fit, get it all out of my system year.

This year I'll be watching, enjoying, and be less jaded. I'm not stepping into any drama this year. I just want to watch the games, hope against hope that TFC wins a few more, and enjoy the game.

Huyton
01-30-2013, 09:23 PM
If they want the Player of the Game to be worth anything, have him nominate a beer from his homeland that InBev carries for the next home game and make it a couple of bucks off, or donate a portion of the sales to the players Canadian charity.

Abou Sky
01-31-2013, 08:27 AM
Cool story bro. But if you don't care, then why do you go at all? Seems awfully luxurious to have two hours plus commute to piss away on something that you don't care about.

Because I really do just enjoy being there, win or lose.

I know it sounds like a 'I've got orange slices' type of thing, and you can be sure I will be loud as hell but I just want to get back to the pitch right now.

I have had songs running through my head for a few weeks already.

Oldtimer
01-31-2013, 08:30 AM
All I wanted from this year was for Mariner to be gone. Everything else is a win for me.

How I feel. Anything on top of the Bermuda shorts guy being gone is a plus.

My hopes are for 2014 and beyond.

TOBOR !
01-31-2013, 10:58 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/mls/story/?id=413508 THANKS TFC

maybe you've posted this in the wrong thread, everyone should read it. Great insight from Milos' perspective.

When the triplets arrived, a local beat reporter gave him a Baby Gap gift certificate to help buy clothes. He hugged the journalist, later confiding that the team hadn't even sent his wife flowers in the hospital.

Mark in Ottawa
01-31-2013, 03:23 PM
I gave up expecting much from the franchise a few years ago.
That being said I always look forward to a new season and the chance to renew my friendships with all I have met via TFC in general and RPB in particular.

In prep for the season I asked for, got and read the book "There is only one Red Army" written by a supporter of the historically woeful Sligo Rovers in 1997. It simply reaffirms for me that football support can be an integral part of ones life come what may.

dutch
02-05-2013, 09:34 PM
I agree, I wont be upset if this whole year is one big growing pain. even if its really bad record wise. we finally have someone who knows what the hell theyre doing running the program. he's made alot of great player movements already, we got cheaper tickets, and we finally got REAL hope for the future and no one can take that away from me.

ExiledRed
02-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Well I took myself out of the loop, and I thought I'd check back in.

New coach is an ex-player, first gig as head coach, fans dont expect much (its a rebuilding year)

Deja Vu is so 2009, this is something else, this is like watching a fly try to escape the window on a bus.

Have a good season, boys.

ensco
02-07-2013, 05:55 PM
this is like watching a fly try to escape the window on a bus.

But are you going to watch it?

(Also, hi)

Fort York Redcoat
02-08-2013, 07:26 AM
It's great to see some hope for the season even if it was just addition through subtraction to eliminate who we thought couldn't improve our odds.

bigredone
02-08-2013, 08:25 AM
I agree, I wont be upset if this whole year is one big growing pain. even if its really bad record wise. we finally have someone who knows what the hell theyre doing running the program. he's made alot of great player movements already, we got cheaper tickets, and we finally got REAL hope for the future and no one can take that away from me.

The optimism is admirable and I share the bright future outlook. They can try and stop us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing on our team is really proven. It is a stretch to assume KP is Christ. Things sound and look good now, but.....

Cheaper tickets. Can't argue that.

Technorgasm
02-08-2013, 01:33 PM
I have been hearing more and more people take the same stance I have regarding TFC.
My expectations have always been simple. Score in every home game, win lose or draw.

Give us the joy to celebrate each home game. . . . With that in mind, it saves a lot of frustration. . .

(a LOT!)