PDA

View Full Version : Mike Petke named as NYRB head coach

Yohan
01-24-2013, 11:21 AM
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/news/2013/01/red-bulls-name-mike-petke-head-coach

Fantastic news for Petke who is a New York legend and a loyal servant to the club. (NY version of Dichio, except with a long history with the club)

I have a feeling he's going to end up like Marsch, as soon as Redbull HQ finds a suitable Euro coach. And questions to whether Henry will listen to a guy like Petke telling him what to do

Damien
01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
So much for the "Teitur Thordarson to RBNY" rumors...
(unless maybe as an assistant)

ensco
01-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Interesting hire. Makes sense.

Seeing this, I am still bugged that Jason de Vos called Nelsen "the most bizarre hiring in MLS history". He owes Nelsen an apology for that.

tfcleeds
01-24-2013, 11:33 AM
So much for the Paul Lambert rumour as well, lol. I guess after getting knocked out of the cup by Bradford, and the season Villa is having in general, a trip across the ocean might not have seemed like such a bad idea!

Detroit_TFC
01-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Roxburgh and Houillier backed into this decision when their top choices weren't convinced about the viability of what they are trying to do at RBNY. Even still, they may have bought themselves some goodwill with the fans - local boy, started w MetroStars back in 1998, over 100 appearances.