PDA

View Full Version : MLS and LDU Quito's 'special relationship'?

Yohan
01-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Something really... odd is going on between LDU Quito and MLS, considering how many players have been moving between both teams

To MLS from LDU Quito
-Joao Plata
-Miller Bolanos
-Claudio Bieler
-Victor Estupiñán

To LDU Quito from MLS
-Federico Puppo
-Joao Plata

Pablo Vitti ended up at LDU Quito too...

Pretty sure I'm missing a few...

ag futbol
01-22-2013, 01:41 PM
MLS central scouting still does a lot for clubs throughout the league. They probably have a good relationship with Quito which is why you see so many transactions spread around to different teams.

spark
01-22-2013, 05:09 PM
I think that is mostly coincidence (even if you add Caicedo to your list). IIRC last season there was something upwards of 20 new players into the league from Columbia and Ecuador. Quito is one of the biggest clubs in Ecuador so the fact this seems to be where players are coming from shouldn't be a huge surprise. You could say as well there's a special relationship with Deportivo Cali and America de Cali. I think the reality is both countries/leagues struggle financially, many clubs are hovering on bankruptcy, MLS is actually a desirable destination for many of these players and is a sure thing in terms of getting money both for the team (transfer) and the players (salary).

Soccerpro
01-22-2013, 09:18 PM
I was in Quito over xmas, unlucky enough to not have any games scheduled then!

Yohan
02-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Latest LDU Quito player rumoured...

Eduardo Echeverria to Colorado