PDA

View Full Version : TFC Open Practice: August 5

Red CB Toronto
07-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Noticed this on the TFC website, the Reds are having an open practice on August 5 at 10:30, tickets are $5.00 and the coaches will have a mic so you can hear what is being said. It would be nice to get a good group of RPB out for it.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080716&content_id=173150&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

MG42
07-16-2008, 07:56 PM
lol...wow...$5 to see a practice, nothing surprises me with this team anymore :)

Kevvv
07-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Or the usual deal, don't see it for free.

dantdot
07-16-2008, 08:26 PM
You'd think they'd give it to charity or something...dicks.

Flipityflu
07-16-2008, 08:30 PM
i wanna hear Carver swear like the Geordie bastard he is :)

MG42
07-16-2008, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI&feature=related

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Noticed this on the TFC website, the Reds are having an open practice on August 5 at 10:30, tickets are $5.00 and the coaches will have a mic so you can hear what is being said. It would be nice to get a good group of RPB out for it.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080716&content_id=173150&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

will SSH have first chance to get there seat??:noidea:

nascarguy
07-16-2008, 09:22 PM
lol...wow...$5 to see a practice, nothing surprises me with this team anymore :)
they got to make there $4m back some how ...lol I see if I can make it out

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 09:23 PM
We watched the boys practise in Charleston- I highly recommend it. I gained a newfound respect for Carver that day.

The Kingpin
07-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Oh Paul, I guess there is someone on the grassy knoll... *laughs internally at how Paul constantly uses the boards as a measuring stick to gouge the supporters further* (See video feed thread)

C'mon Paul, fess up... Why would you not let the individuals who have made this team a blinding success attend a practice for free? I think some reward is needed for the supporters who have built the franchise.

ExiledRed
07-17-2008, 12:35 AM
I was on the grassy knoll.

That fucker was doing my bird.

The Kingpin
07-17-2008, 03:08 AM
I was on the grassy knoll.

That fucker was doing my bird.

That makes his shot doubly impressive, to keep aim while keeping rhythm.... Too bad TFC can't do the same... ;)

MisterMacphisto
07-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Are we talking about the game, or we talking about practice?
I mean, we're talking about practice here.
Not the game..
Practice.
We talking about practice here.
We talking about practice.
Not the game...
Practice. :)

TFC Tifoso
07-17-2008, 08:56 AM
^^ :D:D

FluSH
07-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Are we talking about the game, or we talking about practice?
I mean, we're talking about practice here.
Not the game..
Practice.
We talking about practice here.
We talking about practice.
Not the game...
Practice. :)

hahaha!

I'll pay the $5 though... this is to see Carver in action!

Ladies Love Julius James
07-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh Paul, I guess there is someone on the grassy knoll... *laughs internally at how Paul constantly uses the boards as a measuring stick to gouge the supporters further* (See video feed thread)

C'mon Paul, fess up... Why would you not let the individuals who have made this team a blinding success attend a practice for free? I think some reward is needed for the supporters who have built the franchise.

Agree 100% with everything you said. Next year they'll add another practice with the potential success of this one and entry will be $10

FluSH
07-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Agree 100% with everything you said. Next year they'll add another practice with the potential success of this one and entry will be $10

If this gets me Real Grass or a Roof... I'll pay $50

GabrielHurl
07-17-2008, 09:16 AM
this isn't anything different to what their big blue and white brothers do at the ACC - except they are $10 a ticket

Ladies Love Julius James
07-17-2008, 09:17 AM
If this gets me Real Grass or a Roof... I'll pay $50

I'd easily drop $25 for grass.

nascarguy
07-17-2008, 09:27 AM
I'd easily drop $25 for grass.
hey if he wants to pay $50 let him pay $50. My I want our place to have real grass and a roof and the price of beer to be under 5$ but i think that is asking too much ... & oh I want 3 of the top EPL teams to come play and for them to sell Heineken or becks on daft or cans at bmo .....:canada:

DOMIN8R
07-17-2008, 09:27 AM
So what are we talking about here? Practice? We're talking about....

pekduck
07-17-2008, 09:28 AM
I'll go, it's $5 anyway, and can get some inspiration from Carver to prepare for Aug 30. lol

besides.. it's my morning coffee break time at 10:30

Ladies Love Julius James
07-17-2008, 09:31 AM
hey if he wants to pay $50 let him pay $50. My I want our place to have real grass and a roof and the price of beer to be under 5$ but i think that is asking too much ... & oh I want 3 of the top EPL teams to come play and for them to sell Heineken or becks on daft or cans at bmo .....:canada:

Then the weed stopped burning and the high was over and you came back to reality. Yea I want all those things too LOL but this is the same company that got caught earlier in the year meeting random dudes at truck stops and selling them Leaf Packages.

DOMIN8R
07-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks for this Campbell.

SilverSamurai
07-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Could be a good opportunity to get an autograph or 2. :)
I'd like to go but I've taken soo much time off work as it is though...
Hmm...

Maple Leaf Red
07-17-2008, 09:36 AM
this isn't anything different to what their big blue and white brothers do at the ACC - except they are $10 a ticket

Except at least the Leafs give the money to their community service group to be donated to charities across the GTA.

ExiledRed
07-17-2008, 09:42 AM
That makes his shot doubly impressive, to keep aim while keeping rhythm.... Too bad TFC can't do the same... ;)

I think you missed the joke.

it was the prez who was doing my chick, that's why I shot him...:noidea:

anyway.........................

togetherness
07-17-2008, 09:46 AM
The 5 bucks has to be going to some sort of Charity ????

I can't see them charge for Profit..

nascarguy
07-17-2008, 09:51 AM
The 5 bucks has to be going to some sort of Charity ????

I can't see them charge for Profit..
it goes to paul's beer fund .....lol

Laurignano
07-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Except at least the Leafs give the money to their community service group to be donated to charities across the GTA.
or so they say...or so they say...lol

AL-MO
07-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Open practices should be free. I am not going to be paying $5 thats for sure.

mlsintoronto
07-17-2008, 04:36 PM
putting on an event for 8,000 KIDS costs money. having a supporter come to practice from time to time does not. PM me if you want to come to practice. Seriously - you guys think I'm the biggest prick shill around. Why am I so nice to you? because you pay my salary.

PS this and next week are crazy for me. but pm me...I'll respond.

FluSH
07-17-2008, 04:56 PM
putting on an event for 8,000 KIDS costs money. having a supporter come to practice from time to time does not. PM me if you want to come to practice. Seriously - you guys think I'm the biggest prick shill around. Why am I so nice to you? because you pay my salary.

Nice! I still have love for ya... $5 fee or Gratis...

mlsintoronto
07-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Nice! I still have love for ya... $5 fee or Gratis...

It'll cost you either a) one great big latte or b) a peameal bacon sandwich from St Lawrence market.

Phil
07-17-2008, 05:46 PM
It'll cost you either a) one great big latte or b) a peameal bacon sandwich from St Lawrence market.

mmmmm, peameal bacon.

Next time you are in my building we go for one! :D

Pachuco
07-17-2008, 06:47 PM
ummm...I didn't see anyone ask the question. Will the concessions be open and will there be alcohol for sale?

Ladies Love Julius James
07-17-2008, 06:53 PM

See the latest what your company has done?

Give away free tickets to a preason game. Wow that was great I must admit. But wait, you guys added a preason game so it's really no big deal, MLSE doesn't have to dig into their own pockets and provide a free game.

But even then it's okay, because little Jimmy whose never seen the Leafs still has an opputunity to see them for free.

Oh shit but wait...Coca Cola has gotten first dibs and are grabbing everyseat available so they can add some extra advertising.

Great Job man ( and I don't mean you...I mean MLSE)

mlsintoronto
07-17-2008, 07:03 PM
See the latest what your company has done?

Give away free tickets to a preason game. Wow that was great I must admit. But wait, you guys added a preason game so it's really no big deal, MLSE doesn't have to dig into their own pockets and provide a free game.

But even then it's okay, because little Jimmy whose never seen the Leafs still has an opputunity to see them for free.

Oh shit but wait...Coca Cola has gotten first dibs and are grabbing everyseat available so they can add some extra advertising.

Great Job man ( and I don't mean you...I mean MLSE)

dude, I aint the leafs. I'm Toronto FC, supporter and employee. and you are a supporter and pessimist. the glass, for the record, is half full. and we need a striker.

Raging Reggie
07-17-2008, 07:05 PM
bang im off this day, im there for sure

Raging Reggie
07-17-2008, 07:07 PM
dude, I aint the leafs. I'm Toronto FC, supporter and employee. and you are a supporter and pessimist. the glass, for the record, is half full. and we need a striker.

Kanu please...start busting Mo's balls

Pinkie
07-17-2008, 07:11 PM
sucks that its on a weekday:( won't be able to make it..

Ladies Love Julius James
07-17-2008, 07:22 PM

Just don't like your company that's all.

mlsintoronto
07-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Just don't like your company that's all.

oh. ok then. be sure to remind people of that as often as possible.

Ladies Love Julius James
07-17-2008, 08:01 PM
oh. ok then. be sure to remind people of that as often as possible.

Will do...the media does all the time.

Pachuco
07-17-2008, 08:07 PM
All I want to know is whether I can buy hot dog and beers that day :)

TFC John
07-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey. if $5 is going to break you, why not just go to a reserve gave? They've been free anytime I've gone. Once I had to show a SSH card but it was still free to get in. The next game is August 24th.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/mls/reserve/

Paul, the loudest among us don't necessarily speak for all of us. When I become dissatisfied with your product I'll stop buying it. Judging by the amount of money I've spent so far I must think you're doing a pretty good job.

Raging Reggie
07-17-2008, 08:48 PM
yea i dont understand why people make such a deal over it being 5 bucks. Like stated above by someone the leafs do it as well. Its no big deal. Im pretty sure you gotta have some extra staff at BMO when something like this is going on and they need to get paid. 5 bucks geezzzzzz get over it. We should complain about bigger things anyways, like the price of beers :)

mlsintoronto
07-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Paul, the loudest among us don't necessarily speak for all of us. When I become dissatisfied with your product I'll stop buying it. Judging by the amount of money I've spent so far I must think you're doing a pretty good job.

thanks...and if you become dissatisfied I hope you'll let us know and give us a chance to rectify it. and we need a striker.

ExiledRed
07-17-2008, 10:53 PM
\
thanks...and if you become dissatisfied I hope you'll let us know and give us a chance to rectify it. and we need a striker.

Have you asked Fowler? Im told he's only training with Blackburn.

(this is an in-joke for those of you who dont know)

By the way, if the grassy knoll was artificial turf, the shot would likely have missed.

true.

NateDoGG
07-18-2008, 11:46 AM
that would be cool to go see

tfc_4_ever
07-18-2008, 09:51 PM
NKcxeg9MfeY

Do you guys think we can match Red Star supporters when they supported there team at a open practice before a uefa cup match?;)