PDA

View Full Version : TFC legend Maurice Edu arrives in Turkey, ready to play for Bursaspor, bring it on !!

Red CB Toronto
01-17-2013, 06:30 AM
After ultimately deciding that Stoke was not the place to be if he wanted to stay on the US National Team radar, 2007 MLS Rookie of the Year Maurice Edu has transferred to Bursaspor in Turkey. His arrival brought out the media in full force as you will see in the video, almost falling over each other to get those first few shots of Mo as he met with his new team. I really believe this will be a great spot for him after falling out of favor with Stoke, it almost makes you wonder why the EPL side even brought him in if they never has any intention of really giving him a shot on the pitch. Good luck to Mo.http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/01/edu-joins-bursaspor-on-loan.html

TOBOR !
01-17-2013, 08:22 AM
LOL 'TFC legend'.

Comedy gold.

Ageroo
01-17-2013, 08:29 AM
LOL 'TFC legend'.

Comedy gold.

I was going to say the same thing....he was good for us, but no legend. Enjoy the enthusiasm though... :)

burlington Red
01-17-2013, 08:35 AM
He got his shot at Stoke alright, he just ultimately wasn't good enough. The fact that he is not going to one of the top european leagues tells you how he is ultimately viewed as a player these days. I hope he does well as I liked him when he played for us, but I think he will end up playing for average sides in weakers leagues. I'd rather see him back in MLS than playing Turkey

TOBOR !
01-17-2013, 08:49 AM
I enjoyed his youth and vigor while he was here, and probably felt the same way as everyone else when Rangers swooped in and took him away : a little sad, but also proud that one of ours 'had made it'.

Thinking back now, he was just part of the first years of TFC. Fond memories.

Joe Kool
01-17-2013, 09:09 AM
I enjoyed his youth and vigor while he was here, and probably felt the same way as everyone else when Rangers swooped in and took him away : a little sad, but also proud that one of ours 'had made it'.

Thinking back now, he was just part of the first years of TFC. Fond memories.

I felt the same way...always was pulling for him more than the other players when watching Rangers games like he was one of our own. He should have stayed with Rangers and helped them rebuild. He could have been an actual legend in Scotland by doing that and might have been more lucrative. Endorsement deals and all. I think it would have been a smarter move but I guess he thought he was that good and he was going to do well in the EPL. Oh well, maybe we will see him back in MLS one day.

T-boy
01-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Edu was a legend by getting us a load of allocation money from his sale. (which we then squandered on a bunch of crappy players who got us nothing!).

McBrace
01-17-2013, 10:29 AM
His sale paid for part of the grass did it not? Thanks for the Grass Edu!

Brooker
01-17-2013, 10:30 AM
What.... what.... He hasn't even played for Stoke...Well he made one substitute appearance.....

Surely it's a loan? This makes no sense.

Yohan
01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
What.... what.... He hasn't even played for Stoke...Well he made one substitute appearance.....

Surely it's a loan? This makes no sense.

6 months loan with option to buy

T-boy
01-17-2013, 10:49 AM
His sale paid for part of the grass did it not? Thanks for the Grass Edu!

I think you're right!

The Maurice Edu Field! We should rename the place in his honour! Legend!!!!! :p

spark
01-17-2013, 11:00 AM
I enjoyed his youth and vigor while he was here, and probably felt the same way as everyone else when Rangers swooped in and took him away : a little sad, but also proud that one of ours 'had made it'..

Unfortunately, over the last five years for sure, going to the SPL isn't really 'making it'.

McBrace
01-17-2013, 11:04 AM
I think you're right!

The Maurice Edu Field! We should rename the place in his honour! Legend!!!!! :p

Lets not go to far! Part of our history yes, legend I think not!

tfcleeds
01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
I think you're right! The Maurice Edu Field! We should rename the place in his honour! Legend!!!!! :pOr take a page out of US college sports, and rename it the "Maurice Edu Pitch @ BMO Field".

ensco
01-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Or take a page out of US college sports, and rename it the "Maurice Edu Pitch @ David Miller Field".

Fixed. This is what it should be.

Yohan
01-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Or take a page out of US college sports, and rename it the "Maurice Edu Pitch @ BMO Field".
or seattle... Xbox pitch at CenturyLink Field

Carts
01-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Or take a page out of US college sports, and rename it the "Maurice Edu Pitch @ BMO Field".

US College..??? How about "BELL PITCH DOWNTOWN AT BC PLACE"...

tfcleeds
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
^Didn't realize MLS clubs had already gotten into that annoying practice.

TOBOR !
01-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately, over the last five years for sure, going to the SPL isn't really 'making it'.

we were young and naive then.

jabbronies
01-17-2013, 02:57 PM
For those questioning his status as TFC legend, please name one other player who has brought us something as valuable as grass in our 6+ years of existence, please name him.

I can't wait to have Maurice "The Grass" Edu back at TFC
Maybe next time around we'll get a roof out of him!

Nestease
01-17-2013, 04:23 PM
For those questioning his status as TFC legend, please name one other player who has brought us something as valuable as grass in our 6+ years of existence, please name him.

I can't wait to have Maurice "The Grass" Edu back at TFC
Maybe next time around we'll get a roof out of him!

He never brought grass. That money was long squandered in the 2 years it took for MLSE took get it in there. During the first town hall meetings, Tom Anselmi justified the price increase on tickets as a way to pay for the newly installed grass, completely ignoring the money brought in for Edu.

That money was wasted on crap like grass for one single game against Real Madrid ($250,000) and the $1 million dollar fee for them just to show up.

nfitz
01-17-2013, 04:27 PM
That money was wasted on crap like grass for one single game against Real Madrid ($250,000) and the $1 million dollar fee for them just to show up.They'd have spent that money anyway.

Surely it would have been in TFC's best interest on paper to have counted that money against the first thing that came up that they could get away counting it against, because the sooner it was in their coffers, rather than in MLS's.

Toronto
02-03-2013, 10:24 PM
He got his shot at Stoke alright, he just ultimately wasn't good enough. The fact that he is not going to one of the top european leagues tells you how he is ultimately viewed as a player these days. I hope he does well as I liked him when he played for us, but I think he will end up playing for average sides in weakers leagues. I'd rather see him back in MLS than playing Turkey

That's like saying he didn't make it the NHL- one the top hockey leagues in North America. LOL