PDA

View Full Version : Sportsnet Concacaf new deal

GlenM
01-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi Guys,

Check this out:

http://www.mediacastermagazine.com/news/sportsnet-nets-multi-year-multi-platform-concacaf-soccer-deal/1001983913/

Sounds pretty good.

GlenM

Oldtimer
01-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Good to see a broadcast deal so we can see the games.

Redcoe15
01-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Nice.

flamehawk
01-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Well, now, let's just hope they actually use the licence. I seem to remember countless times media organizations have bought up these licences only to not screen games or screen games on channels no one has. :/

pdogg
01-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Well, now, let's just hope they actually use the licence. I seem to remember countless times media organizations have bought up these licences only to not screen games or screen games on channels no one has. :/

This has Sportsnet One written all over it :)

Huyton
01-14-2013, 12:51 PM
I just hope we are actually IN the Concacaf Champions League this year!

ag futbol
01-14-2013, 12:54 PM
This has Sportsnet One written all over it :)
Or worse, sportsnet world.

As long as you can still stream livegames on concacaf tv i see it as a positive. If they horde the content and I have to shell out more dollars to see crappy telecast quality on some overpriced useless channel I won't be happy.

TFC07
01-14-2013, 12:57 PM
No surprises there! Sportsnet is most soccer friendly network in this country.

TFC07
01-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Worth noting that Rogers own theScore now. So it's possible some of games will be on theScore channel.

nfitz
01-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Well, now, let's just hope they actually use the licence. No reason to think they wouldn't. At the end of the CONCACAF Champions League last year, they were starting to drop the extra games that didn't fit or were tape delayed on Sportsnet Ontario, Sportsnet One, or Sportsnet World channels onto the 9 Sportsnet World Plus channels (Rogers Cable 373 to 381).

Presumably any TFC or Canadian games would be on a main channel like Ontario or One, unless there was a lot of other programming.

Joe Kool
01-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Or worse, sportsnet world.

As long as you can still stream livegames on concacaf tv i see it as a positive. If they horde the content and I have to shell out more dollars to see crappy telecast quality on some overpriced useless channel I won't be happy.

That is what I was thinking. Watch them put it all on Sportsnet World and force everyone to pay bigger money to watch it on TV. I hated paying $15 for a single channel and I guess I am not good at looking at my bills because I just realized it went up to $18.99 now. No idea when that happened. Too much for one channel when I don't even have time to watch it like I used to.