PDA

View Full Version : Mls Full Season Schedule

TFC1154ever
01-09-2013, 12:14 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/schedule?month=all&year=2013&club=all&competition_type=46&broadcast_type=all&op=Search&form_build_id=form-97d020304bc15774702847888658830e&form_id=mls_schedule_form

Thoughts? Late oct game to finish off the season against Montreal.

Dreadlocks
01-09-2013, 12:23 PM
More interesting is that TFC is not featured in any US national broadcasts. Montreal is and Vancouver is as well.

Pissed off or not surprised?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/01/09/mls-national-tv-schedule-includes-87-matches-us-networks

Lucky Strike
01-09-2013, 12:31 PM
I think it's great that we're not subjected to long road trips (at all) or home stands (especially at the start of the season). We play at most 2 consecutive games on the road or at home.

Canada72
01-09-2013, 12:31 PM
One game during the CNE, the Friday before Labour Day
Friday, August 30, 2013 vs New England
but it does says Date TBD??

Stress
01-09-2013, 12:34 PM
It's a blessing to get the Galaxy at home on March 30th so early in the season before they potentially stock up on super stars after the Euro leagues wrap up. On the other hand, it's too bad we won't see any of those super stars live.

Red CB Toronto
01-09-2013, 12:35 PM

That just means the Time of the game has not been decided.

Initial B
01-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Hmm, looks like we only play Houston and Chicago twice, as opposed to 3 times for the rest of the teams in the Eastern Conference. Is the league taking pity on us by giving us an easier schedule?

Brooker
01-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Wow. We play every single game at 1am.

ag futbol
01-09-2013, 01:04 PM
I think it's great that we're not subjected to long road trips (at all) or home stands (especially at the start of the season). We play at most 2 consecutive games on the road or at home.
Yep, it's good to see a balanced schedule for once ... hope they keep it that way.

The amount of tinkering we've been subject to in the last couple of years has been nothing short of annoying. Huge road trips in the middle of summer and early season home stands in bad weather. Basically MLS taking us for granted and saying "they already sold their tickets". I think that's just over-thinking your operations. Home and away games should be relatively balanced throughout the year in a way that's fair to all clubs.

Canada72
01-09-2013, 01:29 PM
What away games are people looking at?

New England Sunday Aug 4th on the Civic long weekend looks good.

I believe it is not a long weekend in the US.

pdogg
01-09-2013, 02:04 PM

Safe to say, that will be an evening game.

nfitz
01-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Safe to say, that will be an evening game.If on Friday, yes. Probably an 8 pm start. But why on a Friday, especially if it's not a TV game?

mowe
01-09-2013, 02:28 PM
March: 2 home, 2 away
April: 3 home, 1 away
May: 1 home, 3 away
June: 2 home, 2 away
July: 3 home, 2 away
August: 2 home, 3 away
September: 3 home, 2 away
October: 1 home, 2 away

Home games against West: LA, DAL, RSL, SEA
Away games against West: VAN, COL, SJ, CHV, POR

Two home games against East: MTL, SKC, NY, CLB
Two road games against East: PHI, NE, DC
East teams we only play twice: CHI, HOU

Overall a great schedule. It was a good decision by MLS to start early. Games are a lot more spread out, only 2 Sat-Wed-Sat stretches for TFC. This year we're lucky that we play tougher Western teams at home only and tougher Eastern teams at home twice. No road trip longer than two games, which is fantastic.

Initial B
01-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Overall a great schedule. It was a good decision by MLS to start early. Games are a lot more spread out, only 2 Sat-Wed-Sat stretches for TFC. This year we're lucky that we play tougher Western teams at home only and tougher Eastern teams at home twice. No road trip longer than two games, which is fantastic.
Yeah, this almost seems too good to be true. It's almost as if MLS has stacked the deck in our favor to ensure a good run this year. Perhaps they actually want us to make the playoffs this year for fear of the fans turning away completely. The golden goos is on life support as it is.

P.S. Note that we only play Houston twice.

geordie77
01-09-2013, 03:02 PM
any idea of start times for the Saturday games?

Yohan
01-09-2013, 03:29 PM
home opener vs KC is 130pm. I think TFC is about the only team that does not have fixed kick off time for home games

pdogg
01-09-2013, 03:59 PM
If on Friday, yes. Probably an 8 pm start. But why on a Friday, especially if it's not a TV game?

The Revs are both our only Friday and Sunday games. Can't be a coincidence.

Of the same vain, we'll only ever see Montreal at home on Wednesday nights in both league play and Voyageurs Cup.

Carts
01-09-2013, 04:09 PM
LOVE THE FRIDAY NIGHT GAME - desperately hope it doesn't change...

The Canada Friday Night Match was awesome way to start the weekend and have some fun right after work...

mowe
01-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Of the same vain, we'll only ever see Montreal at home on Wednesday nights in both league play and Voyageurs Cup.

The last game of the season is home to Montreal on a Saturday. But it sucks that the July game is on a Wednesday. Always good to see traveling support and you know Montreal is going to bring it. A Canada Day weekend game vs Montreal would've been fun.

jabbronies
01-09-2013, 04:25 PM
More interesting is that TFC is not featured in any US national broadcasts. Montreal is and Vancouver is as well.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/01/09/mls-national-tv-schedule-includes-87-matches-us-networks

Not surprised and don't care to be honest.
Why would US broadcasters want to air a last place, uninspiring, Canadian team

Super
01-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Friday night games are pretty solid for me, too. I just don't want any early games in the summer. Also, I love late night games when we need to turn on the floodlights. It just seems to produce a very unique atmosphere to the whole experience - the only time when BMO kinda feels like a football stadium. Still feels more like a pointy-ball stadium, but less so at night. Early games tend to be pretty quiet regardless of early, mid or late season - but early games are definitely a no-no on hot summer days (except for those who love quiet games of course).

pdogg
01-09-2013, 04:32 PM
The last game of the season is home to Montreal on a Saturday. But it sucks that the July game is on a Wednesday. Always good to see traveling support and you know Montreal is going to bring it. A Canada Day weekend game vs Montreal would've been fun.

You are correct - My spreadsheet truncated Oct 19 and 26th to Oct 1 & Oct 2. I thought it was a bit weird to play Chicago on a Tuesday!

It's unfortuante the Canada Day weekend can't be the 2nd leg of the Voyageurs Cup Final, but it's too late in the schedule.

Red CB Toronto
01-09-2013, 04:38 PM
The end of April will be a tough stretch for the Reds with three home games over 7 days

spe18
01-09-2013, 05:06 PM

Not surprised

spe18
01-09-2013, 05:14 PM

Does that include the Canadian Championships? :)

spe18
01-09-2013, 05:49 PM
You are correct - My spreadsheet truncated Oct 19 and 26th to Oct 1 & Oct 2. I thought it was a bit weird to play Chicago on a Tuesday!

It's unfortuante the Canada Day weekend can't be the 2nd leg of the Voyageurs Cup Final, but it's too late in the schedule.

IIRC, I thought I saw somewhere that CONCACAF requires the participants in the upcoming Champions League to be known by May or something?

FluSH
01-09-2013, 06:01 PM

The Canada Friday Night Match was awesome way to start the weekend and have some fun right after work...

Friday night game will hurt the pocket book! I see drinks galore pre-Joes, at the game, and post-Joes

nfitz
01-09-2013, 06:31 PM
The end of April will be a tough stretch for the Reds with three home games over 7 daysThere's a lot of consecutive games too. From Saturday April 20 to Wednesday May 8th we have 6 games in 19 days.

daner90
01-09-2013, 07:09 PM
I think Montreal and Columbus are the only two roadies I will be making this year..

Love the Friday night home game as well....

Suds
01-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Friday night game will hurt the pocket book! I see drinks galore pre-Joes, at the game, and post-Joes

I foresee a very rough Saturday. Get your chores done during the week lads! :drinking:

pdogg
01-09-2013, 07:36 PM
IIRC, I thought I saw somewhere that CONCACAF requires the participants in the upcoming Champions League to be known by May or something?

Something like that. However, when we refused to use pitchforks on our pitch after the rainout, the game was delayed until anada day weekend. So it can be done, but they want it wrapped up earlier.

jaahuuu
01-10-2013, 11:15 AM

I'm already not looking forward to this one. Leaving Buffalo on a friday afternoon, when the following monday is a US holiday. Driving to Toronto on a friday evening. Trying to find a place to park in Toronto in the evening during the CNE. I may as well leave right after breakfast and park in Hamilton.

Alex_82
01-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Is any one going to make the fancy google calender again. That was an ingenious idea.

glaze
01-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Great schedule. Last year I felt there were too many wednesday games. This year there are only two.
I do have the feeling we'll miss out on seeing LA's next great DP, but since we are going to be coachless for that game, perhaps its for the best.
Also still not sold on the idea of opening at the Dome, however as noted many times it is a necessity.

pdogg
01-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Is any one going to make the fancy google calender again. That was an ingenious idea.

Whichever public calendar I used last year has already updated in Google Calendar for me. I was about to do them all manually but voila - it was there.

I think I did a search for Toronto FC in the Browse area and it popped up.

Alex_82
01-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Thanks pdogg. I found it there

Torontotonto
01-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Anyone have a schedule yet that can be downloaded to Outlook calendar

Yohan
01-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Not suprised we are not on any major USA TV. Obviously we have been worst team for 6 years, no one wants to watch us play.

Only thing i hate about the schedule is :
We seem to play Montreal on weekdays. That is not good for travelling fans. Having the games on a weekend could of ment thousands of Toronto fans travelling for a weekend in Montreal. This could of brought some real atmosphere to the stadiums and made a big mark on MLS. In Europe travelling to away games are a major part of being a fan and a major reason why the stadiums are so loud (away fans and home fans compete back and forth to be the louder supporters). MLS seems to miss this experience every year. They never seem to care about trying to get fans to travel to away games. It really is a missed opportunity to help improve the daily experience at a soccer game. A weekday game means we will probably be lucky to get a few hundred travelling to Montreal.
what the hell are you talking about? only 1 TFC - Mtl game is on Wed (4 Jul). the other two games are on a sat

gmacpheetfc
01-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Its also the geography of Europe.....and their first world train system.

Technorgasm
01-11-2013, 10:47 AM
weekend away trips! hooray!

Chicago -Saturday, October 19, 2013
NYPK Saturday, September 14, 2013
KKKlumbus -Saturday, August 17, 2013
NE Revs:Saturday, May 25, 2013

awesome.

Dear away trip team. . . . we love you.

james
01-11-2013, 09:45 PM
what the hell are you talking about? only 1 TFC - Mtl game is on Wed (4 Jul). the other two games are on a sat

oh , hahaha, i dont know i read the schedule wrong!

Alonso
01-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Anyone have a schedule yet that can be downloaded to Outlook calendar

If you go to Google > Calenders > Other Calenders > Browse Interesting Calenders > Sports > Soccer > MLS > TFC

You can add it to your calender then export it into outlook.

Alonso
01-11-2013, 10:15 PM

See above ^^^^

MLS did it for us.

Cool thing was I subscribed to it last year.

This years calender automatically popped up when it was released.