PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Nelsen - Next coach?

Tee Ef See
01-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Sorry if this thread was already created elsewhere.

He is coming to MLS for a coaching gig, and is being heavily linked with TFC. His relationship with Payne helps.

Thoughts?

David_Oliveira
01-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Please no more inexperience. We need an experienced MLS coach. At least once can we get that?

ArmenJBX
01-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Ryan Nelsen spent five seasons at DC as a player. Don't know why he wouldn't count as an MLS experienced coach. Sure, he's young, but he's not coming here as head coach, he's coming here as assistant manager, and wouldn't be coming here at all if Adrian Heath said yes to us a few months back.

ag futbol
01-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Please no more inexperience. We need an experienced MLS coach. At least once can we get that?
I agree in a sense but at the same time there's something here that I like.

He's seen MLS, so he's mindful of how things work here. At the same time he's seen the EPL, so he knows there are better ways of doing things. Is there a better person to show two high caliber defensive prospects how to get to the next level?

I don't want him as head coach right away, but he adds something to the team without a doubt.

moralis
01-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Nelson is 35 and can still play especially in MLS. He's starting for QPR even though QPR are last in the EPL. Why not player/assistant coach. Maybe that could happen.

Armen, could that happen.

ArmenJBX
01-04-2013, 12:35 PM
That is what's happening. He's coming here as the number 2, according to my sources.

Player coach? I don't know. I guess it's possible, though I doubt it.

Tee Ef See
01-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Player coach role as an assistant to Mariner.

Oldtimer
01-04-2013, 12:49 PM
already being discussed here:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?33161-TFC-2012-2013-off-season-general-player-moves-speculation-etc/page23