PDA

View Full Version : 2013 mls kick off

David_Oliveira
12-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Schedule is out for the first few games. probably tentative. (http://www.mlssoccer.com/schedule?month=all&year=2013&club=all&competition_type=all&broadcast_type=all&op=Search&form_build_id=form-0a10adeadbadc40b16176e1809732c76&form_id=mls_schedule_form)

March 2 @ Vancouver Whitecaps
March 9 vs Sporting KC
March 16 @ Montreal

All Saturdays

Another Link (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/12/18/mls-announces-2013-home-openers-all-19-clubs)

MarkEightThree
12-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Venue for March 9th game is listed as 'TBD'. SkyDome confirmed?

pekduck
12-18-2012, 11:43 AM
good, I'll start looking into group travel rates to Van and MTL for those dates

bigredone
12-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Canada vs Denmark in Tucson? A little off topic, but apart of the link. The jays are not playing then so why not the Dome?

ryan
12-18-2012, 11:48 AM
I like this earlier start for the league. Will help reduce summer congestion and also aid teams in the CCL by giving them meaningful games to dig into sooner.

mowe
12-18-2012, 11:50 AM
March 16 is @ Montreal, their home opener at Olympic Stadium.

Fun start to the season. At Vancouver, home opener likely at Skydome, at Montreal with all TFC SSHs getting free tickets. Can't wait.

Redpunkfiddle
12-18-2012, 12:42 PM
I suppose this means our home Mtl match which was being floated for an early season game at the Dome is off. I can't see the value in putting it in later in the season once BMO is open.

Mark in Ottawa
12-18-2012, 01:35 PM
March 16 vs Montreal .. Should be March 16 @ Montreal as stated at:
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/12/reds-face-caps-first-kick

St. Patrick's day in Montreal?? That could be interesting :rolleyes:

Phil
12-18-2012, 01:42 PM
I suppose this means our home Mtl match which was being floated for an early season game at the Dome is off. I can't see the value in putting it in later in the season once BMO is open.
There is always next year ;)

MarkEightThree
12-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Versus Sporting KC at the Dome is gonna be a TOUGH sell. Hopefully the sell the tickets for dirt cheap and fill it up.

Mark in Ottawa
12-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Versus Sporting KC at the Dome is gonna be a TOUGH sell. Hopefully the sell the tickets for dirt cheap and fill it up.
Will be interesting to see how TFC handles the seating of the SSH for this game.
I wonder how many seats there are at the various levels of the skydome vs the number of SSH that TFC will have at game time?

Redpunkfiddle
12-18-2012, 03:53 PM

Ugh. It clogs up everything at me favorite poobs with people in green hats.

TFCwestcan
12-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Already looking at flights for the Vancouver game, from my travels to Portland & Seattle, there are always a few TFC fans in BC who make it out. Let's hope this game begins the season better than last year.

Yohan
12-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Already looking at flights for the Vancouver game, from my travels to Portland & Seattle, there are always a few TFC fans in BC who make it out. Let's hope this game begins the season better than last year.
there are still TFC fans in BC? :o

pdogg
12-18-2012, 04:14 PM

Can they sell it for dirt cheap without upsetting the SSHs?

SuperTCP
12-18-2012, 05:11 PM

As long as all the SSH get the best seats - lower bowl. They can give the 300 level away for free and I would not care.

MarkEightThree
12-18-2012, 05:35 PM

There was a promise that single tickets would never be cheaper than SSH tickets, right? I'm guessing they'll be able to sell the upper bowls for cheaper so long as there aren't Light Grey SSH stuck up there. Or, if this is going to be an annual thing, invest in some tarps with TFC graphics to cover the upper bowls like Seattle and Vancouver does.

B45
12-18-2012, 06:19 PM
There was a promise that single tickets would never be cheaper than SSH tickets, right? I'm guessing they'll be able to sell the upper bowls for cheaper so long as there aren't Light Grey SSH stuck up there. Or, if this is going to be an annual thing, invest in some tarps with TFC graphics to cover the upper bowls like Seattle and Vancouver does.

I think its a bit of a joke that BMO has a heated pitch but the rest of the stadium hasn't been outfitted for operation in cold months. It's time to make that investment in BMO Field as early season games/CCL quarters/semis/finals and MLS post-season all have potential to be in the cold months and I find it irritating that we would not play these games on our home turf. The put in a state of the art field, USE IT!!

Red CB Toronto
12-18-2012, 06:33 PM
The lower bowl of the Rogers Centre is just over 31,000 seats, so they could very easily place every season ticket holder in it and off them additional tickets at a highly discounted price. In reality the lower bowl could be for the STH and the upper 500 level could be for the public at a cheap rate like the 12.00 they charged for the LA game.

Mark in Ottawa
12-18-2012, 06:52 PM
The lower bowl of the Rogers Centre is just over 31,000 seats, so they could very easily place every season ticket holder in it and off them additional tickets at a highly discounted price.

So this possibly means the RPB season seat holders may be called on to buy up the extra seats for use by other RPB members before the scalpers get em :confused:

Red CB Toronto
12-18-2012, 07:07 PM
So this possibly means the RPB season seat holders may be called on to buy up the extra seats for use by other RPB members before the scalpers get em :confused:

Yes they could and season ticket holders in general, i wonder if it could be set up so when you pick your seats you could also purchase additional tickets so they could all be together. I assume they will only open the 500 level when interest warrants it as they do with Argo games.

JayMolly
12-18-2012, 07:27 PM

I agree. A lot of green beer + 100's of TFC fans = very interesting day!

Red CB Toronto
12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Also it should be noted that on March 16 in Montreal GSP returns to the Octogon at UFC 158 that is taking place that evening at the Bell Centre. So with TFC, UFC and St. Patricks Day all wrapped into one 24 hour period it should be one hell of a party.

Alonso
12-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Also it should be noted that on March 16 in Montreal GSP returns to the Octogon at UFC 158 that is taking place that evening at the Bell Centre. So with TFC, UFC and St. Patricks Day all wrapped into one 24 hour period it should be one hell of a party.

g:D This is going to be a shit show! And I can't wait....

London
12-19-2012, 11:18 AM
if it is tfc vs skc at the rogers centre they realy fucked it up.

i know schedulemakers have a tough job but there should be benchmark games that they should place on the schedule before filling in the rest

a huge opportunity will be missed by not having a TFC-impact home and home in massive venues,

nobody (well some do) want to go to rogers centre to watch tfc vs skc

dow117
12-26-2012, 12:57 AM
I just moved to BC after being an SSH in to since day 1 ...we need to open the season in Van in a big way ... C'mon TO come out in numbers I need the support here