PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Freddy Hall is cut

Oldtimer
12-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Freddy Hall is no longer with Toronto. The club’s No. 2 ‘keeper for much of 2012 recently had his option declined …

http://blogs.canoe.ca/reds/sports/toronto-fc-likely-to-select-in-fridays-re-entry-draft-cochrane/

:thumbsup:

Payne drops a Mariner favourite...

tfcleeds
12-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Yay!

Ron Manager
12-13-2012, 01:41 PM
:flare::flare::flare::drum::scarf::drum::flare::fl are::flare:

Easily my least favourite TFC player. I truly believe we would have been better off with running a random draw from the stadium to play keeper.

Carts
12-13-2012, 01:49 PM
I just hated, hated, hated, his demeanor and interactions with players on the pitch, especially after goals went in...

Even after letting in a soft goal, he'd wave his hands, shake his head, and pass the blame to everyone else other than him...

Hate to hear about someone losing their gig, but we need 'team players' here, especially when the roster is not the strongest, and he just didn't seem to be as such from what I saw from the stands and on TV...

ArmenJBX
12-13-2012, 01:53 PM
He was Mr. Smiley, no matter how bad the score, he would have a grin on his face.

He goes back to Bermuda a hero, a goalie who played against Henry and Beckham, LOL

Ageroo
12-13-2012, 02:03 PM
He was Mr. Smiley, no matter how bad the score, he would have a grin on his face.

He goes back to Bermuda a hero, a goalie who played against Henry and Beckham, LOL

Don't forget.........! :)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9mv1dA4FJ1qzya49o1_500.jpg

MbUkMhSYVfQ

daner90
12-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Misread the title but leave satisfied anyways...

Carts
12-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Misread the title but leave satisfied anyways...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

khso11
12-13-2012, 05:36 PM
after watching that freekick scored by the galaxy, freddy hall should never be a pro a GK, how can you be out of your position like that, standing right behind your own wall?

Ajax TFC
12-13-2012, 05:49 PM
after watching that freekick scored by the galaxy, freddy hall should never be a pro a GK, how can you be out of your position like that, standing right behind your own wall?
Frei did the same thing on a FK against Chicago in 2011.

ryan
12-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Mariner is really good at what he does. Truly.

Yeoman
12-13-2012, 08:13 PM
i'll never forget berating him in kansas this year.
that was horrid. i hope he heard me. my wife looked at me and i just yell 'you could of fucking blown that ball and it wouldn't of went in the net!'
ahh memories

TFC07
12-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Mariner is really good at what he does. Truly. Notice most (if not all of players) who have been let go since Payne got here happened to be Mariner's players? lol What does that say about Mariner's GM skills?

MartinUtd
12-13-2012, 11:09 PM
It's refreshing seeing moves like this in December, I've become accustomed to carrying dead weight into training camp.

__wowza
12-14-2012, 06:45 AM
ive created a new gif for each such occasion..

http://i.imgur.com/Npw3A.gif

Batman
12-14-2012, 07:52 AM
It's refreshing seeing moves like this in December, I've become accustomed to carrying dead weight into training camp.

ya.. something tells me someone in charge here actually has a clue. That's definitely refreshing!

Oldtimer
12-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Notice most (if not all of players) who have been let go since Payne got here happened to be Mariner's players? lol What does that say about Mariner's GM skills?

The Bermudan contingent continues to shrink. :D

The big exception is Avila, but his is because of contract issues.

Fort York Redcoat
12-14-2012, 08:11 AM
I don't have a lot of ill will towards the guy. He wasn't here long enough to earn too much ire. It wasn't his fault Mariner gave him the chance of his life in a terribly dire and desperate time.

I was hoping this would happen when we saw the Bendik acquisition.

Um quick aside- If Golden Balls gets a team I propose we find a game to start our backup and go with a banner:

Bendik hates Beckham

g:D

Mark in Ottawa
12-14-2012, 08:50 AM
With Hall and Kocic gone what does the TFC depth chart at GK look like now??
Do they pick up insurance at the re-entry draft??

tfcleeds
12-14-2012, 09:04 AM
With Hall and Kocic gone what does the TFC depth chart at GK look like now??
Do they pick up insurance at the re-entry draft??

1. Stefan Frei
2. Joe Bendik
3. Quillan Roberts

Voodooman
12-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Seems like a good depth chart..providing Frei is healthy this year.

But on Hall...thank god, he was terrible.

MartinUtd
12-14-2012, 10:38 AM
I have to admit my apathy got the better of me in the latter half of last season. Are there any particular game highlights I can watch that capture just how bad Hall was?

Thomas
12-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Other than the fact that it is the week-end, this is the best news I've heard all day!

http://blogs.canoe.ca/reds/sports/toronto-fc-likely-to-select-in-fridays-re-entry-draft-cochrane/

:thumbsup:

Payne drops a Mariner favourite...

JayMolly
12-14-2012, 08:50 PM
ya.. something tells me someone in charge here actually has a clue. That's definitely refreshing!

I've always said TFC have pressing and quite simple needs:

they need players
they need someone in charge

I believe Payne is our man.