PDA

View Full Version : No news

Ossington Mental Youth
07-16-2008, 01:21 PM
is killing me.
I know there will be in time but right now its killing me.

Laurignano
07-16-2008, 01:22 PM
News about a new striker coming in?! Lol

MG42
07-16-2008, 01:29 PM
No news is good ne....oh wait....

giambac
07-16-2008, 02:25 PM
is killing me.
I know there will be in time but right now its killing me.

Ièm waiting for the news ÈCARVER has been fired as TFC COachÈ.

That would almost be as good as news to that we finally signed a striker

jloome
07-16-2008, 02:26 PM
We face two distinct problems here as hardcore fans:

1) THere is no media coverage, per se. If beat reporters were working it hard, ala Steve Goff at the Washington Post (the only decent soccer beat writer on the continent), things would pry loose and we'd know more of what's going on.

2) Mo has decided to take the "no news is good news" approach to media handling, which is often the case. In fact, from the perspective of cutting deals, it's usually true, unless you're trying to leverage something with hype. He might even, for example, have put that Sukur story out there anon to show the kind of resources they have on offer for a DP without looking desperate -- everyone assumes there's some magic grapevine in footie, but that's not the case, and we have basically zero scouting set up yet, from what I can tell.

I'm dying here, people. All I want is some sense that something big and beneficial is coming down the pipe.

Flipityflu
07-16-2008, 02:26 PM
i'm waiting for giambac to be officially declared braindead.

:D

jwfm1985
07-16-2008, 02:33 PM

You are an absolute joke

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-16-2008, 03:17 PM
The lack of news is disappointing. There were a number of strikers out there that I was tracking, all non DP level, and they all been recently signed - Darren Byfield and Wayne Andrews being the last two.

I’m wondering if were getting to "warm body" time / just sign somebody time. Why not just sign the top scorer from the Irish or Welsh league and hope like hell he can get it done in the MLS.

Flipityflu
07-16-2008, 03:47 PM
have patience. the same thing happened before the season started and look what took place. seriously, don't you think that Mo has earned our trust by now?

Ossington Mental Youth
07-16-2008, 04:03 PM
have patience. the same thing happened before the season started and look what took place. seriously, don't you think that Mo has earned our trust by now?

Oh yeah, he has, its just a bit frustrating at times.

Jloome - id argue Ives is better, I dont like that Goff is too brief with anyone that is not DCU related.

Giambac - Dream on, also please find a new tune, youre the fan thats never ever happy. Its boring as hell.

Mods-
Is it possible to block specific peoples posts in this forum? ive seen it in other forums. I react too easily to ridiculous posts and id love it if it could be done please

BrianW
07-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Mods-
Is it possible to block specific peoples posts in this forum? ive seen it in other forums. I react too easily to ridiculous posts and id love it if it could be done please

Yes. Go to User CP -> Edit Ignore List

JDG
07-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Expect news of the McBride deal any time now. Now that he's allowed to play in MLS, and our meeting with Shitcago has passed, there should be a deal revealed.
Dickov will be announced soon as well. I suspect it's the usual MLS delays with all that pesky paperwork, or whatever it is that makes them drag their feet. It's not guaranteed, but my understanding is that it's a done deal.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Yes. Go to User CP -> Edit Ignore List

Thanks

Ossington Mental Youth
07-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Ignore list just made my life a little bit better.

noochie
07-16-2008, 05:06 PM

border-line trolling at this point

Corpand
07-16-2008, 05:24 PM
theres always news, channel 24 ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
07-16-2008, 05:55 PM
border-line trolling at this point

The ignore list my friend, the ignore list

Troll
07-16-2008, 06:01 PM

Great thinking...

IL+1

SWEET!

I just don't Giambac to be all by himself on my ignore list. Who's next? :D

jloome
07-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Oh yeah, he has, its just a bit frustrating at times.

Jloome - id argue Ives is better, I dont like that Goff is too brief with anyone that is not DCU related.

Maybe more content, but Goff is a better writer and breaks more off his beat than Ives did off his. Apples and oranges, as they both do a good job.

ManUtd4ever
07-16-2008, 06:03 PM

:rofl: