PDA

View Full Version : MLS Re-Entry Draft 2012

Yohan
12-03-2012, 01:19 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_MLS_Re-Entry_Draft

Names to be submitted by today, names announced on the 5th. Stage 1 on the 7th, stage 2 on the 14th.

TFC has 1st pick in this draft.

Lucky Strike
12-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Ah yes, another MLS garage sale. All these years I've always felt there's at least one player that could be worth picking up, but it's like TFC feels it's too good for these sorts of things.

Nuvinho
12-03-2012, 08:58 AM
If they pick up someone in the first re-entry draft, they have to keep the salary they had last year. However, if they wait til the second one, they can re-negogiate a lower salary. I don't think we will pick up anyone, unless they are worth the price.

Yohan
12-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Players Eligible for Participation in the Re-Entry Process (alphabetical by club):

CHI

Jay Nolly

Option Declined

CHI

Gonzalo Segares

Option Declined

CHI

Corben Bone

Option Declined

CHV

Juan Pablo Ángel

Out of Contract

CHV

Peter Vagenas

Out of Contract

CHV

Danny Califf

Option Declined

CHV

Moreno, Alejandro

Option Declined

CLB

Birchall, Chris

Option Declined

CLB

Hesmer, Will

Option Declined

CLB

James, Julius

Option Declined

CLB

Tchani, Tony

Option Declined

COL

Marshall, Tyrone

Out of Contract

COL

Palguta, Scott

Out of Contract

COL

Casey, Conor

Option Declined

COL

Freeman, Hunter

Option Declined

COL

Smith, Jamie

Option Declined

COL

Wynne, Marvell

Option Declined

COL

Joyce, Ian

Option Declined

COL

Nane, Joseph

Option Declined

COL

Wahl, Tyson

Option Declined

DC

Chabala, Michael

Option Declined

DC

Maicon Santos

Option Declined

DC

King, Stephen

Option Declined

DAL

Guarda, Bruno

Out of Contract

DAL

Hartman, Kevin

Out of Contract

DAL

De Guzman, Julian

Out of Contract

DAL

Sealy, Scott

Option Declined

HOU

Clark, Colin

Out of Contract

LA

Barrett, Chad

Option Declined

LA

Boyens, Andrew

Option Declined

LA

Jordan, Bryan

Option Declined

LA

Nakazawa, Kyle

Option Declined

LA

Noonan, Pat

Option Declined

LA

Perk, Brian

Option Declined

MTL

Mapp, Justin

Out of Contract

MTL

Gardner, Josh

Option Declined

MTL

Thomas, Shavar

Option Declined

NE

Murray, Tim

Option Declined

NE

Gavin, Blair

Option Declined

NY

Gaudette, Bill

Option Declined

NY

Keel, Stephen

Option Declined

PHI

Harrison, Chase

Option Declined

POR

Palmer, Lovel

Option Declined

POR

Purdy, Steve

Option Declined

POR

Wallace, Rodney

Option Declined

RSL

Paulo Jr.

Option Declined

RSL

Reynish, Kyle

Option Declined

SEA

Weber, Andrew

Option Declined

SEA

White, O'Brien

Option Declined

SEA

Seamon, Mike

Option Declined

SJ

Ward, Tim

Out of Contract

SJ

Corrales, Ramiro

Option Declined

SJ

Gjertsen, Joseph

Option Declined

SJ

Opara, Ike

Option Declined

SJ

Stephenson, Khari

Option Declined

SKC

Aiyegbusi, Olukorede

Option Declined

SKC

Sassano, Luke

Option Declined

TOR

Avila, Eric

Out of Contract

TOR

Cann, Adrian

Option Declined

TOR

Hall, Jeremy

Option Declined

TOR

Harden, Ty

Option Declined

TOR

Wiedeman, Andrew

Option Declined

VAN

Thorrington, John

Option Declined

brad
12-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Wow. Lots of ex TFC players on there.

Fishnicker
12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Am I right in my counting? 18 ex TFC players on there? (I counted Avila as ex, but who knows)

ArmenJBX
12-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Hunter Freeman, Marvell Wynne, Mike Chabala, Maicon Santos, JDG, Colin Clark, Justin Mapp, Stephen Keel (!), Kyle Reynish, Ike Opera, and....well...Eric Avila, I suppose.

Those are my picks, if I'm TFC management, any of those players. Getting JDG for under $200 k would be hilarious, which is why I included him.

jloome
12-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Am I right in my counting? 18 ex TFC players on there? (I counted Avila as ex, but who knows)

It's hilarious; it's the best indictment yet of what's come and gone. Almost every team is carrying major TFC detritus, testament to how much of our problem was the base inability to sign the right people.

jloome
12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Anyone still worried Payne is going to let Mariner pick the lineup? Maund, Hall and Wiedeman, three of his favourites, all gone in one day.

Yohan
12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
this list can easily change, as some of the players on this list are currently renegotiating a new contract with their clubs

Fishnicker
12-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Be interesting to see option year salary figures next to the names

ag futbol
12-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Anyone still worried Payne is going to let Mariner pick the lineup? Maund, Hall and Wiedeman, three of his favourites, all gone in one day.
I'm somewhat confused though.

Given we didn't cut ties in the first place, doesn't this simply indicate we would still take a flyer on these players but at a lower salary? It may have always been in the cards to do things in this manner.

DOMIN8R
12-03-2012, 08:49 PM
It's hilarious; it's the best indictment yet of what's come and gone. Almost every team is carrying major TFC detritus, testament to how much of our problem was the base inability to sign the right people.

I'm more willing to see this as a testament to the turnstile in players & management rather than an indictment of the players brought in. You can't have ~120 players come through our team in so few seasons and not expect at least 18 out for 63 players to have passed through.

On second thought, it's still too high. Never mind.

FluSH
12-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Quite a few good players in there... Or formerly good!

TFCwestcan
12-03-2012, 10:26 PM
I wonder if TFC will take a gamble on this MLS garage sale, likely not in the first round. Trash or treasure.

No real sadness to say farewell to Hall, Wiedeman and Maud.

ensco
12-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Bring back Marvell Wynne!

Alonso
12-03-2012, 10:39 PM

OR: "tin foil hat theory":

Mariner selected these players on purpose to dive the season in order that we get pole position in the drafts....

COINCIDENCE? I think not.

Red CB Toronto
12-03-2012, 11:08 PM
When did Jeremy Hall and Andrew Weidman join the list and where is Dicoy Williams, the Reds did not pick up the option on six players and a few are missing.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/11/option-declined-six-players

Yohan
12-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Base salary used

Players I'd pick up at 1st round (at current salary)
Hunter Freeman, RB, 27,105k
-He's like RB version of Todd Dunivant. Nothing really flashy, but does the basics well. Guy you can rely on in defence. Has 19 games for Colorado this season, but notched 5 assists.

Mike Chabala, LB/RB, 28, 75k
-If TFC is in need of utility fullback, Chabala is it. Primarily LB but can also play RB. Provides cover for Morgan and Ecks.

Kyle Nakazawa, CM, 24, 51k
-Would be an upgrade over Dunfield. Digs for the balls, can provide service on set pieces and a decent passer. His lack of games at LA is just because LA is so deep at CM.

Rodney Wallace, LB/LW, 24, 110k
-Costa Rican international. For TFC looking for a speedy LW, Wallace would fit. Played LB for Portland but his defensive work, plus Portland's shambles of defence exposed his weaknesses. Still the option of Wallace covering for Morgan be nice.

2nd rd (renegotiate contract)
Danny Califf, CB, 32, 275k
-Is starting to lose step, but bulldog, no nonsense defender who would still be a starter in most MLS teams. Would be a good pick up around 150k.

Julius James, CB, 28, 100k
-For depth CB. He isn't that bad if you have a commanding CB who tells him what to do, like Marshall did in Columbus to good effect. Still got athleticism, now has more experience in MLS. I'd take him back at around 60k

Tony Tchani, CM, 23, 105k
-Been really injury prone to reach the level of potential he has. My opinion of him hasn't changed. Athletic, strong as an ox and has ok passing skills. Could still be a good box to box CM in MLS. If he's willing to come at around 60k, he'd be a good depth signing.

Ike Opara, CB/LB, 23, 100k
-Again, injury has hurt his development. Developed a bit of versatility at LB. A threat on set piece. With a good CB partner to guide him, I think he's worth a look at 75k and depth CB.

Yohan
12-03-2012, 11:12 PM
When did Jeremy Hall and Andrew Weidman join the list and where is Dicoy Williams, the Reds did not pick up the option on six players and a few are missing.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/11/option-declined-six-players
Williams, Cordon, Makubuya, Lindsay aren't eligible due to age or not enough years in MLS. TFC still hold their rights.

Yohan
12-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Might as well toss Wynne at CB, if TFC can get him to sign around 150k. Would be a starter, still has hops and now a bit wiser with experience. A lot of Rapids supporters aren't happy that he isn't signed yet, though I think it's nuts that he's at like 300k salary right now. O'Dea to direct defence, Wynne to use his blazing speed to chase down whoever manages to squirt through

Red CB Toronto
12-04-2012, 12:00 AM
I have game worn TFC jersey's of two players in the re-entry draft, Adrian Cann and Julius James, so I will be interested in seeing where they end up. I am thinking Adrian may end up somewhere like Norway, Sweden etc.

__wowza
12-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Those are my picks, if I'm TFC management, any of those players. Getting JDG for under $200 k would be hilarious, which is why I included him.

what're you talking about? he's going back to spain! :D

TFC07
12-04-2012, 01:15 AM
Meh. The guys on the list are either past their prime or just depth players. I wouldn't be mad if TFC decided not to pick up a player from draft.

DoubleUp
12-04-2012, 04:32 AM
I would a take a more mature marvell wynn with O`dea.

Flanked by ecks and morgan. Thats alot of recovery speed. :jaw:

With proper! to above average mids! to keep the ball moving, we could be leak proof .

Derko
12-04-2012, 09:39 AM
I would a take a more mature marvell wynn with O`dea.

Flanked by ecks and morgan. Thats alot of recovery speed. :jaw:

With proper! to above average mids! to keep the ball moving, we could be leak proof .

This I agree with.

KGH
12-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Wynne left in relatively good terms with the FO. And I remember him coming over to the supporters during the MLS cup and he got a great cheer.

Maybe this wouldn't be a bad play...for the right price

ryan
12-04-2012, 09:56 AM
I too would support the signing of Wynne

Yohan
12-04-2012, 10:04 AM
I too would support the signing of Wynne

it's kinda funny, because some were calling for Wynne to be traded (because of his terrible positioning and petulance of giving up penalties in the box) and very few tears were shed when he actually did get traded (me included)

ManUtd4ever
12-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Bring back Wynne!

tfcleeds
12-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Califf snubbed us before, I don't see why he'd come here now.

Fishnicker
12-04-2012, 11:15 AM
I'd love Wynne back, but at $326,667 that's just way too much - which is what Colorado thinks too. I think they're hoping he passes the 1st stage without any takers (probably right) and then re-negotiates during the 2nd stage window for a lower salary.

So if we can manage to get in there and get him for somewhere in the 100 -125 k range, I'd love it.

However, the first handball in the box will make me lose my shit.

Yohan
12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
I'd love Wynne back, but at $326,667 that's just way too much - which is what Colorado thinks too. I think they're hoping he passes the 1st stage without any takers (probably right) and then re-negotiates during the 2nd stage window for a lower salary.

So if we can manage to get in there and get him for somewhere in the 100 -125 k range, I'd love it.

However, the first handball in the box will make me lose my shit.

Wynne is going to get re-signed for about 200k-250k IMO. Hard to see Rapids letting Wynne going away, esp since they only got like 3 defenders in the books right now

jloome
12-04-2012, 11:52 AM
it's kinda funny, because some were calling for Wynne to be traded (because of his terrible positioning and petulance of giving up penalties in the box) and very few tears were shed when he actually did get traded (me included)

His big weakness, partly caused by his speed -- and Morgan also has this issue -- is being caught just slightly too high and letting his man take to the touchline. But Gary Smith was a smart dude; figured out the way to best use his talents even though he's 5'11.

Yohan
12-04-2012, 12:06 PM
His big weakness, partly caused by his speed -- and Morgan also has this issue -- is being caught just slightly too high and letting his man take to the touchline. But Gary Smith was a smart dude; figured out the way to best use his talents even though he's 5'11.

Wynne is listed at 5'9". He has freakish jump though

Macksam
12-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Might as well toss Wynne at CB, if TFC can get him to sign around 150k. Would be a starter, still has hops and now a bit wiser with experience. A lot of Rapids supporters aren't happy that he isn't signed yet, though I think it's nuts that he's at like 300k salary right now. O'Dea to direct defence, Wynne to use his blazing speed to chase down whoever manages to squirt through

Henry would be better suited for this. He was the reason we beat Montreal in the Voyageurs Cup and would've played the rest of the season if Winter wasn't sacked.

DangerRed
12-04-2012, 01:56 PM
I would hate to see the club waste money on Wynne again. He's an excellent athlete. He's not even an average footballer. You guys all forget his hoof-and-chase style, his inability to complete a simple pass? But hey, Paul Beirne said Wynne keep up speed-wise with Cristiano Ronaldo when Real Madrid played at BMO, so he's gotta be good, right?

ManUtd4ever
12-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Wynne has matured as a player since he left TFC, and he has been far more competent in Colorado in recent years. I think he could solidify our central defence pairing, although I agree that his current contract is excessive. If he could be signed for a renegotiated contract in the 150K-200K range, it would be worthwhile in my opinion.

ag futbol
12-04-2012, 02:27 PM
I would hate to see the club waste money on Wynne again. He's an excellent athlete. He's not even an average footballer. You guys all forget his hoof-and-chase style, his inability to complete a simple pass? But hey, Paul Beirne said Wynne keep up speed-wise with Cristiano Ronaldo when Real Madrid played at BMO, so he's gotta be good, right?
Agreed. Great character, but really no desire to have him back.

Really limited as a footballer. You're basically paying for an athletic presence at CB defensively and getting nothing when you're own team has the ball.

Oldtimer
12-04-2012, 02:45 PM

As long as PM is here, he's a perfect fit. Long-term, not so much.

I would prefer to bring back the Poz, a much cheaper player and a jack of all trades (and master of none).

Yohan
12-04-2012, 03:07 PM

he was an integral part of Colorado team that won an MLS Cup. how many TFC players have an MLS Cup ring again?

DangerRed
12-04-2012, 03:36 PM
he was an integral part of Colorado team that won an MLS Cup. how many TFC players have an MLS Cup ring again?

I watched that game. I don't know if you did. It was an ugly, brutal and boring match and neither side -- and certainly no individual player -- had a standout appearance. So please, spare me. Being an integral part of that squad says nothing about your viability as a player today.

What Wynne has had and continues to have is raw speed and raw strength and raw agility. He has no positional awareness, which is a core competency of someone playing in his position.

reggie
12-04-2012, 03:41 PM
im with you jus because you have a ring,does not make you a great player,i want nothing to do with WYNNE,jus grab a DB from the argos.

ensco
12-04-2012, 03:41 PM
All this nuanced analysis - whatever. He's an MLS player! He liked it here!

Sung to Spiderman show theme song from the 60s:

Marvell Wynne. Marvell Wynne. Does what no other back can do.
Can he run? Listen Bub. He's got speed like no other does.
Look out! Here comes the Marvell Wynne.

reggie
12-04-2012, 03:44 PM
and hide the women,,,here comes the Marvell Wynne.

Morlesio14
12-04-2012, 05:08 PM
wouldn't mind either Wynne or Callif to fill our CB role. How many players do we get out of this list and who's a good passing or speedy midfielder we could pick up?

BuSaPuNk
12-04-2012, 05:46 PM
I would be up for Wynne coming back at the right price. We would be solid with two guys that can move up the wings and two soild defenders. Could be the best of both worlds.

ryan
12-04-2012, 05:56 PM
wouldn't mind either Wynne or Callif to fill our CB role. How many players do we get out of this list and who's a good passing or speedy midfielder we could pick up?

Califf does NOT want to play in Toronto. Signing him would be a colossal mistake.

Morlesio14
12-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Califf does NOT want to play in Toronto. Signing him would be a colossal mistake.

Hopefully mariner and Payne will know that.

Macksam
12-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Doesn't Andre Hainault come with a $150,000 to $160,000 price tag? Isn't he available in this draft. If we want another CB for the price you're all suggesting, the team should choose him. He would certainly be a better choice than Wynne at CB.

Yohan
12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Doesn't Andre Hainault come with a $150,000 to $160,000 price tag? Isn't he available in this draft. If we want another CB for the price you're all suggesting, the team should choose him. He would certainly be a better choice than Wynne at CB.

I am not sure why Hainault isn't listed for this draft. He could have pulled his name out of the draft.

Greatest Ripoff
12-04-2012, 10:47 PM

Ives thinks that he is going to Europe.

maxpower
12-04-2012, 11:28 PM
I always thought Marvell Wynne looked like Wee-Bey from The Wire.

I'd take him at a cheap price. I've seen him play a few times when i've been in Denver the past few years and he really got a lot better (he almost looked like a competent football player towards the end).I think a lot of it had to do with playing beside drew Moor but i think a pairing with him and O'Dea could have that potential.The thing is we're already spending a TON of money on our back line. So i would try to negotiate to near 100k if possible

DoubleUp
12-05-2012, 01:37 AM
I watched that game. I don't know if you did. It was an ugly, brutal and boring match and neither side -- and certainly no individual player -- had a standout appearance. So please, spare me. Being an integral part of that squad says nothing about your viability as a player today.

What Wynne has had and continues to have is raw speed and raw strength and raw agility. He has no positional awareness, which is a core competency of someone playing in his position.

I believe squeezed between an international in O`dea and more well rounded defender in ecks he wouldnt have that much problems. The key is the right 3 or 2 midfielders in front of them, Imo the guys have to be well passing, tackling studs.

Our attack is decent!

and goalkeeping is good.

sashavukelich
12-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I hear a lot of comments re: who would be sweet pick ups. But the first rounds of the re-entry draft are about the NEW club picking up the OLD contract that the OLD club is not renewing. These players are committed to being in MLS.

As an example columbus released Vukovic (who i rate), and although he's a free agent he's not in the re-entry draft because he's not necessarily committed to MLS. This is how i understand this.

Yohan
12-05-2012, 08:07 PM
I hear a lot of comments re: who would be sweet pick ups. But the first rounds of the re-entry draft are about the NEW club picking up the OLD contract that the OLD club is not renewing. These players are committed to being in MLS.

As an example columbus released Vukovic (who i rate), and although he's a free agent he's not in the re-entry draft because he's not necessarily committed to MLS. This is how i understand this.not enough time in MLS to qualify for re entry draft

jazzy
12-05-2012, 08:13 PM

thank god.....he's not worth it!........

Red CB Toronto
12-06-2012, 10:57 AM
I always thought Marvell Wynne looked like Wee-Bey from The Wire.

I'd take him at a cheap price. I've seen him play a few times when i've been in Denver the past few years and he really got a lot better (he almost looked like a competent football player towards the end).I think a lot of it had to do with playing beside drew Moor but i think a pairing with him and O'Dea could have that potential.The thing is we're already spending a TON of money on our back line. So i would try to negotiate to near 100k if possible

I love The Wire, could never get enough of it. I think it would be very interesting to see Marvel return to the Reds.

trane
12-06-2012, 11:31 AM
I have not seen Wynne play for Colarado, but Wynne, was positionaly and tactically inept. Positional and tactical awarness are essential ellemnts for a CB. We have always had a problem with this. Wynne as he was when he left the team would not address this. I like him, and maybe he has learned this at Colarado. But if he has why let him go.

Yes he had speed. He used it when he was caught out of position, which happened way to often, then he would use his speed to recover, and THEN as he was comming from behind, way to often the interevention resulted in a faul. NOT TO MENTION and his inability to keep his hands of the ball in the box.

flamehawk
12-06-2012, 11:53 AM
I would be more than happy to have Wynne back.

And looking at videos of his move to CB, he does look like he has improved significantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqRBZBwuUC0

Yohan
12-06-2012, 11:55 AM
I have not seen Wynne play for Colarado, but Wynne, was positionaly and tactically inept. Positional and tactical awarness are essential ellemnts for a CB. We have always had a problem with this. Wynne as he was when he left the team would not address this. I like him, and maybe he has learned this at Colarado. But if he has why let him go.

Yes he had speed. He used it when he was caught out of position, which happened way to often, then he would use his speed to recover, and THEN as he was comming from behind, way to often the interevention resulted in a faul. NOT TO MENTION and his inability to keep his hands of the ball in the box.
so you are basically talking about Marvell Wynne of 3 yrs ago

he's fixed a lot of his short comings as a CB in Colorado. I wouldn't trust him to lead the defence, but he can play sweeper role pretty effectively.

trane
12-06-2012, 12:17 PM
^ I admit I am, I just have a hard time seeing that big of an improvment that I would put him in the midle of the back line. However, I may be wrong, he may have improved enough.

Yohan
12-06-2012, 12:19 PM
^ I admit I am, I just have a hard time seeing that big of an improvment that I would put him in the midle of the back line. However, I may be wrong, he may have improved enough.

he's been a starting CB for a mid table MLS team for last 3 years, winning an MLS Cup in the process. that's gotta say something, right?

Initial B
12-06-2012, 12:33 PM
he's been a starting CB for a mid table MLS team for last 3 years, winning an MLS Cup in the process. that's gotta say something, right?But if that's the case, why put him in the draft in the first place unless they have someone better to replace him with or they feel he's being paid too much?

Yohan
12-06-2012, 12:37 PM
But if that's the case, why put him in the draft in the first place unless they have someone better to replace him with or they feel he's being paid too much?
that's just it. Wynne makes about 300k with guaranteed compensation. it's just a cap managing exercise on Rapids part (and likely no other MLS team will sign Wynne at his current wage)

gracos
12-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Gonzalo Segares has reached a new deal with the Chicago Fire
http://www.soccerbyives.net/2012/12/fire-re-sign-segares-to-multi-year-deal.html
http://www.chicago-fire.com/news/2012/12/chicago-fire-re-sign-defender-gonzalo-segares (http://www.soccerbyives.net/2012/12/fire-re-sign-segares-to-multi-year-deal.html)

flamehawk
12-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Well, looks like Marvell Wynne and T'Chani have "opted out" of the draft. I am not sure what that means though - that they plan on heading to Europe?

Detroit_TFC
12-06-2012, 08:20 PM
I'd be ok with picking up Hunter Freeman. 2nd reentry draft for him, though - bit of a concern.

zamperina
12-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Per Ives..

By IVES GALARCEP
Teams hoping to land a quality player in today’s MLS Re-Entry Draft, the first phase of a two draft re-entry process, will find the selection much smaller than what was initially released by Major League Soccer earlier this week.
Several top options have been removed from the initial list, and won’t be available in today’s draft, including the likes of Marvell Wynne, Tony Tchani, Justin Mapp and Rodney Wallace. Others removed from the list include Chris Birchall, Gonzalo Segares, Stephen King, Kyle Nakazawa, Brian Perk, Josh Gardner, Steve Purdy and O’Brian White.
Teams had until 5pm on Thursday to reach agreements with players in the Re-Entry list, making it likely that many of the players now missing from the list agreed to new deals or were made Bona Fide contract offers by their teams. Segares reached agreement on a new contract on Thursday while Gardner was traded to Sporting KC for a second-round pick on Thursday.
The first re-entry draft takes place today, and teams selecting players today must either pick up the player’s current contract options or offer them new contracts close to what their old contracts were. Once this first Re-Entry draft is complete, the remaining players will then be made available in next week’s second phase re-entry draft, where teams can then select players and make them contract offers well below their original salaries. That draft figures to be the much busier one of the two.
Among the more high-profile names remaining on the list are Ike Opara, Conor Casey, Juan Pablo Angel, Ramiro Corrales and Julian De Guzman. None are likely to be selected based on the large size of their recent salaries. FC Dallas goalkeeper Kevin Hartman is another high-profile name available, a player who just might be selected today by a team needing a goalkeeper.
Here is the full list of players available for today’s re-entry draft (the draft order is based on reverse order of the 2012 MLS standings):
2012 MLS RE-ENTRY PROCESS LIST
CHICAGO FIRE
Jay Nolly, Corben Bone
CHIVAS USA
Juan Pablo Angel, Peter Vagenas, Danny Califf, Alejandro Moreno
COLUMBUS CREW
Will Hesmer, Julius James
COLORADO RAPIDS
Tyrone Marshall, Scott Palguta, Conor Casey, Hunter Freeman, Jamie Smith, Ian Joyce, Joseph Nane, Tyson Wahl
D.C. UNITED
Michael Chabala, Maicon Dos Santos
FC DALLAS
Bruno Guarda, Kevin Hartman, Julian De Guzman, Scott Sealy
HOUSTON DYNAMO
Colin Clark
SPORTING KC
Olukorede Aiyegbusi, Luke Sassano
LA GALAXY
Chad Barrett, Andrew Boyens, Bryan Jordan, Pat Noonan
MONTREAL IMPACT
Shavar Thomas
NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION
Tim Murray, Blair Gavin
NEW YORK RED BULLS
Bill Gaudette, Stephen Keel
PHILADELPHIA UNION
Chase Harrison
PORTLAND TIMBERS
Lovel Palmer
REAL SALT LAKE
Paulo Jr., Kyle Reynish
SEATTLE SOUNDERS
Andrew Weber, Mike Seamon
SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES
Tim Ward, Jean Alexandre, Ramiro Corrales, Joseph Gjertsen, Ike Opara, Khari Stephenson
TORONTO FC
Eric Avila, Adrian Cann, Jeremy Hall, Ty Harden, Andrew Wiedeman
VANCOUVER WHITECAPS
John Thorrington

gracos
12-07-2012, 01:17 PM
DAL Kevin Hartman GK 68 $165,000 $185,000
CLB Will Hesmer GK 67 $170,000 $181,000
NY Bill Gaudette GK 65 $60,000.00 $63,255.00
CHI Jay Nolly GK 60 $78,250.00 $78,250.00
PHI Chase Harrison GK 60 $44,000.04 $44,000.04
RSL Kyle Reynish GK 60 $66,000.00 $63,255.00
COL Ian Joyce GK 57 $44,000.04 $44,000.04
SEA Andrew Weber GK 57 $51,996.00 $58,445.93
NE Tim Murray GK 56 $44,100.00 $44,100.00

COL Hunter Freeman RB 63 $105,000.00 $110,792.50
POR Lovel Palmer RB 63 $85,000.00 $96,250.00
SJ Tim Ward RB 63 $65,000.00 $65,000.00
TFC Jeremy Hall RB 60 $100,000.00 $158,000.00

CHV Danny Califf CB 66 $275,000.00 $275,000.00
CLB Julius James CB 64 $100,000.00 $100,000.00
SJ Ike Opara CB 64 $100,000.00 $185,900.00
COL Tyrone Marshall CB 63 $90,000.00 $93,250.00
COL Scott Palguta CB 63 $63,670.00 $63,670.00
NY Stephen Keel CB 63 $65,000.00 $65,000.00
TFC Adrian Cann CB 63 $126,000.00 $134,750.00
MTL Shavar Thomas CB 62 $80,000.00 $94,666.67
LA Andrew Boyens CB 60 $62,500.00 $65,783.33
TOR Ty Harden CB 58 $90,000.00 $98,666.67

COL Tyson Wahl LB 63 $65,000.00 $86,086.67
DC Mike Chabala LB 62 $75,000.00 $83,333.33
SJ Ramiro Corrales LB 60 $173,250.00 $183,875.00

DAL Julian de Guzman CDM 69 $1,863,996.00 $1,910,746.00
VAN John Thorrington CDM 63 $170,000.00 $170,000.00
CHV Peter Vagenas CDM 61 $70,000.00 $85,000.00
COL Joseph Nane CDM 61 $44,100.00 $44,100.00

SJ Joseph Gjertsen RM 61 $85,000.00 $93,625.00
LA Bryan Jordan RM 58 $55,000.00 $55,000.00
TOR Andrew Wiedeman RM 58 $80,000.00 $123,000.00

NE Blair Gavin CM 64 $60,000.00 $80,000.00
CLB Chris Birchall CM 63 $102,000.00 $109,000.00
DAL Bruno Guarda CM 61 $60,000.00 $75,000.00
SEA Mike Seamon CM 55 $33,750.00 $33,750.00

COL Jamie Smith LM 66 $148,992.00 $158,992.00
TFC Eric Avila LM 65 $125,000.00 $158,000.00
HOU Colin Clark LM 63 $105,427.00 $110,427.00

CHI Corben Bone CAM 63 $100,000.00 $161,200.00
SJ Khari Stephenson CAM 63 $190,000.00 $203,333.33

LA Pat Noonan CF 60 $70,000.00 $70,000.00

COL Conor Casey ST 68 $400,000.00 $400,000.00
CHV Juan Pablo Angel ST 66 $350,000.00 $600,000.00
CHV Alejandro Moreno ST 66 $185,000.00 $195,000.00
DC Maicon Santos ST 66 $106,400.00 $113,833.33 Chicago Fire
RSL Paulo Jr. ST 64 $65,000.00 $65,000.00
LA Chad Barrett ST 63 $220,000.00 $253,333.33
DAL Scott Sealy ST 61 $50,004.00 $50,004.00

SKC Olukorede Aiyegbusi LW 58 $44,100.00 $44,100.00

SKC Luke Sassano $81,000.00 $83,025.00

Best 11
GK DAL Kevin Hartman 68
RB COL Hunter Freeman 63
CB CHV Danny Califf 66
CB CLB Julius James 64
LB COL Tyson Wahl 63
RM SJ Joseph Gjertsen 61
CM NE Blair Gavin 64
CM CLB Chris Birchall 63
LM COL Jamie Smith 66
ST COL Conor Casey 68
ST CHV Juan Pablo Angel 66

Bench
GK CLB Will Hesmer 67
RB POR Lovel Palmer 63
CB SJ Ike Opara 64
LB DC Mike Chabala 62
RM LA Bryan Jordan 58
CM DAL Bruno Guarda 61
ST CHV Alejandro Moreno 66

ag futbol
12-07-2012, 01:55 PM
What time is the re-entry draft today?

gracos
12-07-2012, 02:07 PM
What time is the re-entry draft today?
3PM, unfortunately it wont be streamed but keep an eye on the Twitterverse

Lucky Strike
12-07-2012, 02:55 PM
A lot of the better players were taken the revised list. As it stands for Phase 1, I'd personally only be interested in Mike Chabala, a 28-year old LB who makes 75K a year, to give depth and/or competition to Ashtone Morgan. Logan Emory has been played at LB, but his customary position is CB. TFC really needs to stop playing players out of position.

gracos
12-07-2012, 02:58 PM
take it with a grain of salt, but Gargan has been allowed into the reentry draft Twitter @ChicagoFire

gdg_9
12-07-2012, 03:06 PM
It's official as per team Twitter... TFC passes on their selection.

Round 2 goes next Fri.

ag futbol
12-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Lovel Palmer is also a good midfield option for TFC in my opinion. Also, Paulo Jr. could be of some use considering his salary and TFC having a lack of players that fit his profile and earn small amounts of money.

ag futbol
12-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Looks like we passed on our selection

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1269192143/Headshot_normal.jpg (http://www.twinitor.com//#q=@LukeWileman)LukeWileman (http://www.twinitor.com//#q=@LukeWileman) 14 min ago
Toronto FC passes with its pick in #MLS (http://www.twinitor.com/#MLS) Re-entry Draft

ag futbol
12-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Chicago fire take Maicon Santos

TFCwestcan
12-07-2012, 04:42 PM
I am thinking that TFC takes a player next week, if the oversea negotiations continue to stall it will be a good chance to get an acceptable MLS ready player, even for bench depth.

jloome
12-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Chicago fire take Maicon Santos

He scores a goal every four and is only 113,000; he has a lot of upside but we saw here how inconsistent he can be. I suppose that's why he keeps moving.

Huyton
12-07-2012, 06:18 PM
He scores a goal every four and is only 113,000; he has a lot of upside but we saw here how inconsistent he can be. I suppose that's why he keeps moving.

Santos was on the front cover of the DC Utd. program when TFC played there in May (for the record setting 9th loss in a row to start a season). I thought this was a bit cheeky.

Yohan
12-13-2012, 04:41 PM
CHI

Nolly, Jay

CHI

Bone, Corben

CHI

Gargan, Dan

CHV
Angel, Juan Pablo

CHV
Vagenas, Peter

CHV

Califf, Danny

CHV

Moreno, Alejandro

CLB

Hesmer, Will

CLB

James, Julius

COL

Marshall, Tyrone

COL

Palguta, Scott

COL

Casey, Conor

COL

Freeman, Hunter

COL

Smith, Jamie

COL

Joyce, Ian

COL

Nane, Joseph

COL

Wahl, Tyson

DC

Chabala, Michael

DAL

Guarda, Bruno

DAL

Hartman, Kevin

DAL

De Guzman, Julian

DAL

Sealy, Scott

HOU

Clark, Colin

KC

Aiyegbusi, Olukorede

KC

Sassano, Luke

LA

Barrett, Chad

LA

Boyens, Andrew

LA

Jordan, Bryan

LA

Noonan, Pat

MTL

Thomas, Shavar

NE

Murray Tim

NE

Gavin, Blair

NY

Gaudette, Bill

NY

Keel, Stephen

PHI

Harrison, Chase

POR

Palmer, Lovel

RSL

Araujo, Paulo Jr.

RSL

Reynish, Kyle

SEA

Weber, Andrew

SEA

Seamon, Mike

SJ

Alexandre, Jean

SJ

Ward, Tim

SJ

Corrales, Ramiro

SJ

Gjertsen, Joseph

SJ

Stephenson, Khari

TOR

Avila, Eric

TOR

Cann, Adrian

TOR

Harden, Ty

VAN

Thorrington, John

T-boy
12-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Am I correct in saying that the second round you can re-negotiate the wages and sign them?

A lot of the most interesting names seem to be off the list now tho, unfortunately. There are still a couple of ok depth players at the right price tho.

ag futbol
12-13-2012, 04:52 PM
^ I think there's actually a reasonable number of decent players.

In addition to the ones other people have pointed out I think Lovel Palmer, Hunter Freeman, Mike Chabala, all worth a look

CommradePolski
12-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Bring back the gargan!!!!

Gazza
12-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Bring back the gargan!!!!

And then release it!

T-boy
12-13-2012, 05:04 PM
^ I think there's actually a reasonable number of decent players.

In addition to the ones other people have pointed out I think Lovel Palmer, Hunter Freeman, Mike Chabala, all worth a look

I'm never overly heen on re-signing former players. I don't think that works very often in football. so that kinda takes half the players off the table, haha!

Maybe take a look at Stephan Keel? He wasn't on much last season, and would be good depth, at least, at CB.

West220Side
12-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Few thoughts..
Personally id prefer if we ditched Jeremy Hall and had Dan Gargan for rightback depth. He also looked strong in the midfield at times while here.
Looks like from the mlssoccer.com website lots of fans would like Avila on their team. Could be a good asset to have, to bad we couldnt keep him and use him as trade bait. Bet he ends up in California.
Wish we could get players like Connor Casey and Danny Califf in the draft, but we all know they dont want to be here.
Plus Connor Casey, Eric Hassli, Danny Koevermans... Are we building a gang, or a football team.

T-boy
12-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Dan Gargan was the most hated player by the fans at the end of his time here. Defo a bad idea to bring him back! I remember him being the Number One reason why we were losing games, according to most of this forum!

And Casey, Hassli, and Koev's up front would scare the living shit out of most defenses! Thugs R Us!!!!!

jloome
12-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Dan Gargan was the most hated player by the fans at the end of his time here. Defo a bad idea to bring him back! I remember him being the Number One reason why we were losing games, according to most of this forum!

And Casey, Hassli, and Koev's up front would scare the living shit out of most defenses! Thugs R Us!!!!!

WHAT. THE FUCK. ARE. YOU. TALKING. ABOUT.

Dan Gargan was "The Gargan." He was never hated here. Never. We knew he wasn't the greatest footballer, but he worked hard for this team every time he hit the pitch.

Show me "I hate Dan Gargan thread." Anywhere.

T-boy
12-14-2012, 10:52 AM
WHAT. THE FUCK. ARE. YOU. TALKING. ABOUT.

Dan Gargan was "The Gargan." He was never hated here. Never. We knew he wasn't the greatest footballer, but he worked hard for this team every time he hit the pitch.

Show me "I hate Dan Gargan thread." Anywhere.

Lol I'm gonna "what the fuck are YOU talking about" back atchya! If you look at all the "game threads" of the last games he played, Gargan was blamed for almost every loss we had! I, in fact, was trying to defend the guy in most gamethreads. He may have been "the gargan" to start with, but he was definitely not a popular guy at the end of his tenure! I remember it very well! He went to fans favourite to hated in a matter of weeks!

jloome
12-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Lol I'm gonna "what the fuck are YOU talking about" back atchya! If you look at all the "game threads" of the last games he played, Gargan was blamed for almost every loss we had! I, in fact, was trying to defend the guy in most gamethreads. He may have been "the gargan" to start with, but he was definitely not a popular guy at the end of his tenure! I remember it very well! He went to fans favourite to hated in a matter of weeks!

As I said, if you can show me a thread where the consensus is that fans hate Dan Gargan, I'll be shocked. The challenge stands.

Gazza
12-14-2012, 10:57 AM
How could anyone hate The Dan Gargan? Best bang for buck defender in our history. Although, if he asked for a significant raise i'd show him the door. It's the way the business works.

He was making what, $40k with us? And he was the hardest working player we had. Tough to hate the guy. But he is what he is. An economical back-up right back.

jloome
12-14-2012, 11:03 AM
How could anyone hate The Dan Gargan? Best bang for buck defender in our history. Although, if he asked for a significant raise i'd show him the door. It's the way the business works.

He was making what, $40k with us? And he was the hardest working player we had. Tough to hate the guy. But he is what he is. An economical back-up right back.

Exactly. Extending arguments disproportionately just for the fun of debate isn't healthy on a board where the passion over how things shake out is so genuine for people. In fact, it's not healthy from an objective standpoint in ANY circumstance, but even less so when football is at hand.

Hell, as backup at a cheap salary, I'd take Gargan in a friggin' heartbeat. Guy really wasn't a bad fullback. He wasn't a great fullback, but he wasn't a bad one, which is why he saw a lot of starting time in Chicago.

Yohan
12-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Exactly. Extending arguments disproportionately just for the fun of debate isn't healthy on a board where the passion over how things shake out is so genuine for people. In fact, it's not healthy from an objective standpoint in ANY circumstance, but even less so when football is at hand.

Hell, as backup at a cheap salary, I'd take Gargan in a friggin' heartbeat. Guy really wasn't a bad fullback. He wasn't a great fullback, but he wasn't a bad one, which is why he saw a lot of starting time in Chicago.I miss 'Release the Gargan' chants (which Fire supporters also picked up btw)
and Pookie gets to do more Dan Gargan videos

every MLS teams will use guys like Dan Gargan because you need cheap depth players who will give you decent mins when your starter is out. Gargan is perfect example of depth US domestic player.

T-boy
12-14-2012, 11:18 AM
As I said, if you can show me a thread where the consensus is that fans hate Dan Gargan, I'll be shocked. The challenge stands.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?28037-Post-Game-Chic-2-TFC-2&highlight=gargan

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?27865-PG-SEATTLE-3-TFC-0-How-fun-was-that&highlight=gargan

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?27781-Post-Game-TFC-v-Craplumbus-v-the-Ref/page2&highlight=gargan

Lots and lots of Gargan bashing.

jloome
12-14-2012, 11:25 AM
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?28037-Post-Game-Chic-2-TFC-2&highlight=gargan

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?27865-PG-SEATTLE-3-TFC-0-How-fun-was-that&highlight=gargan

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?27781-Post-Game-TFC-v-Craplumbus-v-the-Ref/page2&highlight=gargan

Dude, did you actually read those threads? If you think that qualifies as "hate" or even "bashing", you're nuts. Game threads saying a guy had a bad game, in which two people say he "sucks" and one says he shouldn't play for us do not ON ANY REASONABLE LEVEL qualify as being hated.

Uh uh. Massive fail.

Now go back and find one where there is any level of consensus at all that Dan Gargan is hated, or "the problem" or that people want him gone. Find me a "get rid of Gargan thread." You claimed he was hated. If he was, there would be a thread dedicated to him, somewhere, not a few examples of bad games. Everyone has already acknowledged he's not a starter.

The debate was that he was hated and most of the fans wanted him gone. That's what you proposed. What those threads show was that it was a massive fucking exaggeration.

Now, I'm sure it'll be no sweat off your nose, since objective discussion isn't what you're interested, but you're going on my ignore list. There's enough stupidity in the world already, thank you very much, and I've had about enough of yours.

T-boy
12-14-2012, 11:33 AM
I have read through the threads! All pages!

The consensus was that Gargan shouldn't play for the club again and was blamed for goals, and mistakes over and over! And that was just 3 post game threads! If you read ALL of them around April to July 2011 they ALL bash Gargan! I'm not tkaing this up, just read the evidence! I know Gargna was popular for his work ethic, but he wasn't liked at all for his on field talent!

Auzzy
12-14-2012, 11:33 AM
First I was thinking, I'm gonna grab me some of this....
:lurk5:

But then I decided, nah, I'd rather do this...
:leaving:

PopePouri
12-14-2012, 11:52 AM

80k before he left.

Ultra & Proud
12-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Funny how a guy like Gargan who works very hard but has little talent is heralded for his work ethic and very much wanted back yet a player who is nearly identical (but probably better) in Dunfield is widely panned as shit. I see how it works now. If Dunfield's last name had an 80's movie reference then he'd be worth cheering on too, you know, for hard work and stuff.

jloome
12-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Funny how a guy like Gargan who works very hard but has little talent is heralded for his work ethic and very much wanted back yet a player who is nearly identical (but probably better) in Dunfield is widely panned as shit. I see how it works now. If Dunfield's last name had an 80's movie reference then he'd be worth cheering on too, you know, for hard work and stuff.

You're making an apples and oranges comparison. We liked Gargan's work ethic, but most people did not think he was a starter.

Nobody here ever claimed Dan Gargan was a starter. He was liked for his work ethic precisely, and not his skill.

I like Terry Dunfield's work ethic; He seems like a nice guy, too.

But that doesn't mean he should be starting. Again, he wasn't shit on as a person, he was shit on as a player, and so was Gargan.

People need to separate performance from personality. Terry Dunfield is not of even close to enough quality to start regularly in this league. He is a gap-stop at best, as is Gargan.

Work ethic is not the same as skill. Two different arguments. Admittedly, the vitriol over his lack of skill may sound personal, but that's because he was starting every game. Most people weren't saying "I hate Terry Dunfield," (which WOULD be the opposite of Gargan, and a legitimate argument), they're saying "he's a shit player."

Gargan is kind of a shit player, too. He's less exposed that Dunfield because of the position he plays, but no one is arguing to bring Dan Gargan back for his skill.

(Oh, and I'd argue strongly that Terry Dunfield is not "probably better" than Dan Gargan; I've seen nothing from either of them to suggest there are areas other than work ethic where they excel. Both are good in the air, both run a decent short pass, both try to minimize mistakes but don't produce much else.)

T-boy
12-14-2012, 12:09 PM
You're making an apples and oranges comparison. We liked Gargan's work ethic, but most people did not think he was a starter.

Nobody here ever claimed Dan Gargan was a starter. He was liked for his work ethic precisely, and not his skill.

I like Terry Dunfield's work ethic; He seems like a nice guy, too.

But that doesn't mean he should be starting. Again, he wasn't shit on as a person, he was shit on as a player, and so was Gargan.

People need to separate performance from personality. Terry Dunfield is not of even close to enough quality to start regularly in this league. He is a gap-stop at best, as is Gargan.

Work ethic is not the same as skill. Two different arguments. Admittedly, the vitriol over his lack of skill may sound personal, but that's because he was starting every game. Most people weren't saying "I hate Terry Dunfield," (which WOULD be the opposite of Gargan, and a legitimate argument), they're saying "he's a shit player."

Gargan is kind of a shit player, too. He's less exposed that Dunfield because of the position he plays, but no one is arguing to bring Dan Gargan back for his skill.

(Oh, and I'd argue strongly that Terry Dunfield is not "probably better" than Dan Gargan; I've seen nothing from either of them to suggest there are areas other than work ethic where they excel. Both are good in the air, both run a decent short pass, both try to minimize mistakes but don't produce much else.)

Agreed. I just don't think we should be getting players who we KNOW for sure will be "stop gaps" and things like that. We should be aiming higher than that, shouldn't we, even with dept players?

T-boy
12-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Dude, did you actually read those threads? If you think that qualifies as "hate" or even "bashing", you're nuts. Game threads saying a guy had a bad game, in which two people say he "sucks" and one says he shouldn't play for us do not ON ANY REASONABLE LEVEL qualify as being hated.

Uh uh. Massive fail.

Now go back and find one where there is any level of consensus at all that Dan Gargan is hated, or "the problem" or that people want him gone. Find me a "get rid of Gargan thread." You claimed he was hated. If he was, there would be a thread dedicated to him, somewhere, not a few examples of bad games. Everyone has already acknowledged he's not a starter.

The debate was that he was hated and most of the fans wanted him gone. That's what you proposed. What those threads show was that it was a massive fucking exaggeration.

Now, I'm sure it'll be no sweat off your nose, since objective discussion isn't what you're interested, but you're going on my ignore list. There's enough stupidity in the world already, thank you very much, and I've had about enough of yours.

I just don't understand your complete anger at me?! I don't think its a good way of winning an argument by "putting me on your ignore list" and telling me I'm stupid! I found evidence that Gargan wasn't popular. I think we can have a informed, intellegent conversation about it without being assholes about it?! We support the same goddamn team! You can disagree with me if you want, but don't say you are going to ignore your fellow FANS who shout for YOUR TEAM with you every week. You want to hug it out? :)

backbeat
12-14-2012, 12:28 PM

after game bashing but not hate and most of the posts suggested he shouldn't be a starter as well as listing many others...i said the same thing way back when but never hated him rather admired his work ethic and commitment - not that i'm big on him returning but as a sub at minimum wage maybe...

MKR
12-14-2012, 01:28 PM
I don't know if i would say the Gargan was hated, but he was often referred to as a a player with little to no skill; someone who lacked talent and ability; someone who wasn't good. Essientially a terrible player. Again i don't know if that quilifies as hate, but he certainly didn't get positive reviews.

T-boy
12-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Hated, disliked etc, its just semantics in the end of the day. I think everybody agree's about Gargan. A lot of passion and was great with the fans, but not a talented footballer and definitely no more than a depth player in the MLS. Again, not a player I think we should get in this re entry draft. I'd rather somebody new, even if they are also just depth players. I don't think its a good idea to go backwwards and sign a player who hasn't been a success the first time around. I'd rather try somebody new and move forward. I don't think signing Gargn would get anybody excited, whereas somebody new would at least get some more interest and excitement going.

Ultra & Proud
12-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Oh, and I'd argue strongly that Terry Dunfield is not "probably better" than Dan Gargan

The only thing I can say is that one at least was brought over to England to play top tier Football which he admittedly f*cked himself out of and the other was played in the US and then in Puerto Rico. There was something to Dunfield and he actually did improve from 2011 to 2012. Still not amazing but improved. Gargan has always been the same; hard hustle, big heart, and bad everything else.

But you are right, neither is fantastic but at similar salaries (as of last year anyway) I would take Dunfield over Gargan.

jloome
12-14-2012, 01:54 PM
The only thing I can say is that one at least was brought over to England to play top tier Football which he admittedly f*cked himself out of and the other was played in the US and then in Puerto Rico. There was something to Dunfield and he actually did improve from 2011 to 2012. Still not amazing but improved. Gargan has always been the same; hard hustle, big heart, and bad everything else.

But you are right, neither is fantastic but at similar salaries (as of last year anyway) I would take Dunfield over Gargan.

Yeah, you're probably right. We need cover centrally more than we need it at fullback, where we have Logan Emory who can play both sides, Stinson who filled in admirably against the Shite Bulls.

MKR
12-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Terry Dunfield is miles better than Dan Gargan. If there's one player that unfairly gets the brunt of the fans' criticism it's Terry Dunfield.

jloome
12-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Terry Dunfield is miles better than Dan Gargan. If there's one player that unfairly gets the brunt of the fans' criticism it's Terry Dunfield.

I can't agree, but I will say that Dunfield is miles better at some things than Gargan. Gargan is bigger, stronger, faster and can tackle. Neither is a smart player. Dunfield is more technically sound, and can see passes occasioanlly --but rarely -- that Gargan would never see as he doesn't create.

It's hard to compare a lifelong fullback to a central midfielder; different skill sets, different values. People forget that when Dunfield came up at city and even when he got back in at bury, he wasn't a "defensive midfielder", he was just a two-way, like most English-style players.

But it's a moot point; the reason neither is good enough isn't their physical ability, it's their intelligence on the pitch. Dunfield's read and movement is abysmal; he's one of the most static guys on the pitch and even though most of his passes are under 10 yards, he completes fewer than 75% of them. He's just not good enough.

Gargan reads the play too slow and lets players behind him, goes in too aggressively and couldn't deliver a pass in a whorehouse.

So it's a bit moot; if it were up to me I wouldn't have either; but it's MLS; guys like this are a third of your roster (LA Galaxy) to half of it (most of the league) to two-thirds of it (us, right now).

jloome
12-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Just as a note, Mlssoccer.com is live streaming the draft at 3pm EST

Red CB Toronto
12-14-2012, 02:31 PM
What about bringing Joseph Nane back? LOL, on a real note, bringing back Mr. James would not be the worst thing they could do.

Joe Kool
12-14-2012, 02:51 PM
I find it interesting that LA Galaxy traded Chivas to get the No. 2 pick for today's draft...I wonder who they are going after. I wonder if Toronto will take that player before they do. Would love to ruin LA's plans...as long as it is for the good of our team that is.

ArmenJBX
12-14-2012, 02:59 PM
I predict Stephen Keel.

He's a player I've been preaching about for over a year now in various articles. I think it's time Toronto FC listened to me for a change :D

Also, rumour has it that Amado Guevara is looking to return to TFC!

brad
12-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Just drafted Califf. Wow

TFCAURORA
Tfc select callif

gracos
Danny Califf is TFC bound, can't wait to see our backline

GuelphStorm2007
Califf is our selection

Ageroo
Califf

gdg_9
12-14-2012, 03:08 PM
TFC Take Danny Califf.

Really? after what was said a few months ago?! Why?

Ageroo
Avila gone to Colorado

gdg_9
Avila goes to COL

TFC07
12-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Califf didn't want to come to Toronto during the season, right? He was suppose to be traded to Toronto, but said no and ended up in L.A.? Is that same player that TFC just drafted?

gdg_9
12-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Gargan to SJ

TFC07
12-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Avila goes to COLGood for him. Hopefully he does well there.

Ageroo
12-14-2012, 03:10 PM
TFC passes...so we're done

gdg_9
12-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Other Notables:
Keel to DAL
Gargan to SJ
Casey to PHIL
Barrett to NE

TFCAURORA
12-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Do TFC still need to negotiate a contract with him?

If thet do need to negotiate and it falls through, do we get screwed on the pick?

Yohan
12-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Ty Harden to SJ

gdg_9
12-14-2012, 03:12 PM
TFC passes.
So no more additions (unless they grab someone left over at the end).

Freeman goes to NE

SJ takes Ty Harden

TFC07
12-14-2012, 03:13 PM
So this means we're not re-signing Hall and Wiedeman?

Yohan
12-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Do TFC still need to negotiate a contract with him?

If thet do need to negotiate and it falls through, do we get screwed on the pick?
just means TFC has Califf's MLS rights

Yohan
12-14-2012, 03:14 PM

it means Hall and Wiedeman is still negotiating and TFC still holds their MLS rights

Ageroo
12-14-2012, 03:14 PM

Wiedeman has re-signed with us....

gdg_9
12-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Can't belive Hartman hasn't gone yet!

Yohan
12-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Wiedeman has re-signed with us....

with TFC, nothing is official until formal announcement :p

TFC07
Damn, I got my hope up for a bit. lol Hopefully we find better players to start than them.

eustacchio
I think someone is confusing Dan Gargan with Ty Harden.

I mean, the names kinda of rhyme.

I was thinking Garcia myself because both their last names start with a G.

gdg_9
12-14-2012, 03:19 PM
TFC Passes again in the final round (where they could now also select their own guys too to retain MLS rights).

That means Cann is officially a Free Agent. (Harden and Avila were picked)

Ageroo
12-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Hartman still not selected.......might be the end for Blondie.

gdg_9
12-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Hartman still not selected.......might be the end for Blondie.

Pretty surprised by this!

Yohan
12-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Pretty surprised by this!

will be 39 in May... he's had a good career though. LA might have taken him if not for Hesmer

flamehawk
12-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Just went on youtube and was reminded of this incident with Califf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TrKpbeJDlw

gdg_9
12-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Also of note... JDG goes unselected.

Now officially an unemployed free agent.

Yohan
12-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Califf didn't want to come to Toronto during the season, right? He was suppose to be traded to Toronto, but said no and ended up in L.A.? Is that same player that TFC just drafted?

He ended up in Chivas USA. we'll see what Califf decides. I think he might just retire (and will be 33 in March)

TFCAURORA
12-14-2012, 03:33 PM
what are the chances of him suiting up for us this spring?

Red CB Toronto
12-14-2012, 03:34 PM
JDG will most likely end up back in Europe. I just do not see him fitting in anywhere in the MLS from an economical standpoint.

Yohan
12-14-2012, 03:35 PM
what are the chances of him suiting up for us this spring?

hearing reports that Califf has negotiated a contract with TFC and will sign soon (maybe he likes living in an igloo and have a moose as a pet after all)

Jpexxx
12-14-2012, 03:36 PM
I predict Stephen Keel.

He's a player I've been preaching about for over a year now in various articles. I think it's time Toronto FC listened to me for a change :D

Also, rumour has it that Amado Guevara is looking to return to TFC!

That is my wet dream come true.
Any sources that you can post???

Yohan
12-14-2012, 03:37 PM
2012 RE-ENTRY DRAFT STAGE 2 / ROUND 1

1. Toronto FC -- DF Danny Califf
2. Los Angeles Galaxy -- MF Colin Clark
3. Portland Timbers -- PASS
4. New England Revolution -- FW Chad Barrett
5. Philadelphia Union -- FW Conor Casey
6. Colorado Rapids -- MF Eric Avila
7. FC Dallas -- DF Stephen Keel
8. Montreal Impact -- PASS
9. Columbus Crew -- PASS
10. Vancouver Whitecaps -- FW Paulo Jr.
11. Chicago Fire -- PASS
12. Real Salt Lake -- MF Lovel Palmer
13. NY Red Bulls -- PASS
14. Sporting Kansas City -- PASS
15. San Jose Earthquakes -- DF Dan Gargan
16. Seattle Sounders -- PASS
17. D.C. United -- MF John Thorrington
18. Houston Dynamo -- PASS
19. Chivas USA -- PASS

ROUND 2
1. Toronto FC -- PASS
2. LA Galaxy -- GK Will Hesmer
3. New England Revolution -- DF Hunter Freeman
4. Philadelphia Union -- PASS
5. Colorado Rapids -- PASS
6. FC Dallas -- PASS
7. Vancouver Whitecaps -- PASS
8. Real Salt Lake -- PASS
9. San Jose Earthquakes -- DF Ty Harden
10. D.C. United -- PASS

ROUND 3
1. LA Galaxy -- PASS
2. New England Revolution -- PASS
3. San Jose Earthquakes -- DF Bryan Jordan

ROUND 4
1. San Jose Earthquakes -- PASS

TFCAURORA
12-14-2012, 03:38 PM
hearing reports that Califf has negotiated a contract with TFC and will sign soon (maybe he likes living in an igloo and have a moose as a pet after all)

could it be because payne is now in charge? or did he just settle?

Ageroo
12-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Steven Goff reporting:

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/129104148/SoccerInsider_normal.jpgSteven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider (https://twitter.com/SoccerInsider)
Toronto FC had reached a new contract agreement with Danny Califf before #mls (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23mls&src=hash) re-entry draft even took place, I'm told. #tfc (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23tfc&src=hash)

jloome
12-14-2012, 03:40 PM

I totally would not be surprised. He's going on, needs the gig to keep playing in MLS, and probably has at least fair respect for Eckerlsey, O'Dea an Morgan.

I dunno. I think he's a really good defender but he may have lost enough of a step the last two years that the petulance gets th better of him. Depends who leads the backline and how well. If O'Dea can hold it together then we're in better shape with Califf.

Lots of hot heads in that potential backline though. Wow. Ashtone would be Mr. Cool Calm and Collected by comparison to the other three.

We wouldn't be lackign for talent, but also maybe red cards.

Yohan
12-14-2012, 03:47 PM
With Califf, a lot of leadership in locker room now. Califf was captain on his last Danish team and Philly

Auzzy
12-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Wiedeman and Hall have re-signed as per TFC

Hey, this is the re-entry draft thread. ;)

DangerRed
12-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Califf, O'Dea and Ecks - the Three Angry Men.

I predict multo red cards next year.

gdg_9
I totally would not be surprised. He's going on, needs the gig to keep playing in MLS, and probably has at least fair respect for Eckerlsey, O'Dea an Morgan.

I dunno. I think he's a really good defender but he may have lost enough of a step the last two years that the petulance gets th better of him. Depends who leads the backline and how well. If O'Dea can hold it together then we're in better shape with Califf.

Lots of hot heads in that potential backline though. Wow. Ashtone would be Mr. Cool Calm and Collected by comparison to the other three.

We wouldn't be lackign for talent, but also maybe red cards.

This is very true!!!

At least no one will be able to accuse this Toronto team of being soft!!!

(think Burkie has been whispering in his MLSE bretheren's ear #TRUCULENCE)

ag futbol
Color me a little bit skeptical to say the least. I don't think this group of defenders rounds themselves out very well. Both the LB and RB tend to be a little drifty, most of them are hot-heads, none are really convincing as that "lock down defender" we've always wanted.

I'd have rather we passed on this one.

Yohan
12-14-2012, 03:55 PM
O'Dea a hothead? Passionate maybe, but I don't get hothead impression from him

Oldtimer
12-14-2012, 04:07 PM
That is my wet dream come true.
Any sources that you can post???

If this is genuine, both TFC and the Cosmos have given him offers:

Enrique Lanza (http://twitter.com/kikelanza10)

@kikelanza10 (http://twitter.com/kikelanza10)

l Ya hubo platicas de Amado Guevara con el Toronto FC. Aun mas tambien tiene una oferta del Cosmo de NY en la Segunda Division de los EEUU.

:topic::topic:

ArmenJBX
12-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Amado Guevara rumoured to be returning to Toronto FC

Saw this little tidbit in the news and on the Twittersphere today.

"Inicio en enero si Dios quiere , porque es otra etapa y me tengo que preparar bien. Todo lo vamos a manejar en su debido tiempo. La idea es aprovechar con los entrenadores de la MLS como el profesor Bruce Arenas o con el equipo Toronto o con New York", afirmó.

I threw it in google translate for those who don't know Spanish.

"Starting in January, God willing, because it is another step and I have to prepare well. Whatever we manage it in due time. The idea is to take advantage of the MLS coaches like Professor Bruce Arenas or Toronto or equipment with New York, "he said.

He's saying he wants to prepare for a return to MLS in January and possibly sign for Toronto FC, the Galaxy or The New York Cosmos, not the Red Bulls.

Here's the source: http://diez.hn/Ediciones/2012/12/12/...r#.UMuVdqWfM_t (http://diez.hn/Ediciones/2012/12/12/Noticias/Amado-Guevara-inicia-en-enero-estudios-de-entrenador#.UMuVdqWfM_t)

jabbronies
12-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Didn't Callif express that he did not want to come here back in the spring?

Auzzy
12-14-2012, 05:57 PM
^ Yes he did. Apparently he's now "happy to come here." And apparently TFC has now officially signed a deal with Califf, as per TFC home page.

moralis
12-14-2012, 07:09 PM
I guess with the signing of Danny Calif it means TFC won't be signing that European centre back?

T-boy
12-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Ive been impressed with Califf when I've seen him. I didn't think he would be the player we went for given his age. BUT, if he's still got the legs, then I think he's a good signing. I think I'd still go and get another CB though. We would have decent depth with O'Dea, Califf, an other, then Henry and Emory as backup.

Wingback6
12-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Califf is an excellent signing if, as others have mentioned, he still has 'the legs'. From what I remember of him in Philly he is a proper defender, and a mean piece of business when necessary.

The bigger question for me is, can Califf and O'Dea play together without killing one another. They both seem like loud, leader types, and I have to think, at the salary he's probably getting, O'Dea becomes a bit expendable. Which doesn't bother me that much, haven't been impressed by him to any great degree. Seems afraid to play outside his own 18 half the time.

Globetrotter
12-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Didn't Payne just say this past week "no more old guys"??? On paper, we look fairly solid, providing you keep attitude out of the equation... just need some wingers.

frei
ecks/odea/califf/morgane
xxxx/frings/silva/xxxx
koev/hassli

I see names, but no "team". :S

If we could get one truly inspirational player (hopefully that speaks english) that can keep spirits high and be a true leader, this lineup (if healthy) might tear this league apart.

Yohan
12-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Califf is an excellent signing if, as others have mentioned, he still has 'the legs'. From what I remember of him in Philly he is a proper defender, and a mean piece of business when necessary.

The bigger question for me is, can Califf and O'Dea play together without killing one another. They both seem like loud, leader types, and I have to think, at the salary he's probably getting, O'Dea becomes a bit expendable. Which doesn't bother me that much, haven't been impressed by him to any great degree. Seems afraid to play outside his own 18 half the time.
it takes some players a while to get used to MLS, especially when you play with a shambles of a team like TFC last season. I expect O'Dea to play better with a proper pre season with the team and now having tasted what MLS is like. Yes, it'd be nicer to have O'Dea at lower salary, but highly doubt he's going anywhere in MLS, so only choice TFC has if looking to move O'Dea is back to England. So we're stuck with him.

Also, O'Dea can play LB in a pinch, and he's got decent passing skills (remember that free kick that Dunfield headed in vs Houston). The back 4 is expensive, but I like the fact that we have loud, commanding, experienced CBs.

With Frings, Frei, O'Dea, Califf, Eckersley and even Dunfield, we have a lot of passionate leaders in the locker room who gives a damn about winning.

jazzy
12-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Didn't Payne just say this past week "no more old guys"??? On paper, we look fairly solid, providing you keep attitude out of the equation... just need some wingers.

frei
ecks/odea/califf/morgane
xxxx/frings/silva/xxxx
koev/hassli

I see names, but no "team". :S

If we could get one truly inspirational player (hopefully that speaks english) that can keep spirits high and be a true leader, this lineup (if healthy) might tear this league apart.

a wonderful idea but with this dreadful signing ,...it seems Mariner is still in charge,...Califf is sooo overrated slow and OLD,...I have watched him frequently and in each game he has either been beat for a goal or carded.....he is possibly the poorest team player I've watched and has a poor mental approach the the game.....It's not UFC for god's sake....I'd rather Harden..lol...at least he had class...so what we're the broad street bullies now,..lets not forget Hasilli's temper....geez,...I guess they'll all go out with Mariner for drinks after though....

Detroit_TFC
12-14-2012, 11:07 PM
I guess with the signing of Danny Calif it means TFC won't be signing that European centre back?
All that business was pre-Payne. Payne probably looked at our salary cap situation and vetoed it. Probably saved us from signing some expensive, sketchy players taking up int'l slots.

Yohan
12-14-2012, 11:08 PM
a wonderful idea but with this dreadful signing ,...it seems Mariner is still in charge,...Califf is sooo overrated slow and OLD,...I have watched him frequently and in each game he has either been beat for a goal or carded.....he is possibly the poorest team player I've watched and has a poor mental approach the the game.....It's not UFC for god's sake....I'd rather Harden..lol...at least he had class...so what we're the broad street bullies now,..lets not forget Hasilli's temper....geez,...I guess they'll all go out with Mariner for drinks after though....
http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/12/14/3768486/danny-califf-toronto-fc-is-he-any-good-the-view-from-philadelphia-and-chivas

only two yellows last yr btw

jazzy
12-14-2012, 11:44 PM
http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/12/14/3768486/danny-califf-toronto-fc-is-he-any-good-the-view-from-philadelphia-and-chivas

only two yellows last yr btw

and he played every game? , regardless he's an unthoughtful,(listen to his quotes.), uninspiring,...bully of a player , like haven't we have seen enough of those?..great but he has heart right?....... great at least you'll enjoy the limited technical game our bump and thump rear guard will play forget holding up the ball or youthful speed........watch the more talented run rings around him if he doesn't clip them first.....we have enough OLD and slow. Give the youth a chance ..like Henry, who will and can blow away your idea of a 'good' signing......sounds like you really support Mr. Mariners vision of lower league English aggressive ,...but finesse lacking football.. don't get all the support for scraping the bottom of the barrel .....are you also happy with Hall and Weideman resigning,....you're very supportive of 'all ' the new /old signings.......did you really follow these players?...simply filler ,....thats all it is I'd be filling some spots with youth to work with the experience....and as mentioned before ...there is a whole world out there that isn't British or American ,...lets find and sign some needed worldly contributers....that make the game exciting to watch!

Yohan
12-15-2012, 12:07 AM
and he played every game? , regardless he's an unthoughtful,(listen to his quotes.), uninspiring,...bully of a player , like haven't we have seen enough of those?..great but he has heart right?....... great at least you'll enjoy the limited technical game our bump and thump rear guard will play forget holding up the ball or youthful speed........watch the more talented run rings around him if he doesn't clip them first.....we have enough OLD and slow. Give the youth a chance ..like Henry, who will and can blow away your idea of a 'good' signing......sounds like you really support Mr. Mariners vision of lower league English aggressive ,...but finesse lacking football.. don't get all the support for scraping the bottom of the barrel .....are you also happy with Hall and Weideman resigning,....you're very supportive of 'all ' the new /old signings.......did you really follow these players?...simply filler ,....thats all it is I'd be filling some spots with youth to work with the experience....and as mentioned before ...there is a whole world out there that isn't British or American ,...lets find and sign some needed worldly contributers....that make the game exciting to watch!

I'm actually reserved about Califf signing simply because he is getting old, and he has lost a step. I do like his experience and leadership qualities. And you don't become team captains for two different teams by being a plonker in the locker room. Do I think Califf is a permanent solution? No. Do I understand why Kevin Payne picked up Califf? Yes. Because Califf is a proven commodity in MLS, with 9 years of experience in the league with titles and cup wins to know what it takes to be a winner.

As for whether I'm happy with Wiedeman or Hall re-signing with the team, not really, but I understand why they are being re-signed because in MLS you have this rule called international slots and you can only get so many of them to fill them with players not Canadian or American. Hence why you have guys like Wiedeman and Hall (hopefully) fill in the depth role, especially since these guys can fill in multiple positions.

I don't know how much of the league you actually watch other than TFC, but you'll find out that the team with best depth often are the better teams, because injuries and traveling takes its toll. And because of salary cap, you won't be able to find the depth you'd like, so you're stuck with guys like Hall and Wiedeman (who btw were highly rated coming out of NCAA) and hope that they give you good minutes.

I'm a proponent of possession based soccer too. But because most Canadian and American players aren't up to playing that style of soccer quite yet, (unless you pay top money for the best Canadian/US players) so you get a lot of direct, high pressure style game with a lot of counterattacking. It's not like I like Mariner's style, but I understand why he (and some of best MLS coaches) use that style, because it's suitable for North American game. Examples? See San Jose's 'hoofball' that won the Supporter's Shield and Kansas City's 4-3-3 which is basically a high pressure, track meet designed to outhustle the opposition. It's the practical reality of what the league is. (although the league is getting better every year)

TFCwestcan
12-15-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm actually reserved about Califf signing simply because he is getting old, and he has lost a step. I do like his experience and leadership qualities. And you don't become team captains for two different teams by being a plonker in the locker room. Do I think Califf is a permanent solution? No. Do I understand why Kevin Payne picked up Califf? Yes. Because Califf is a proven commodity in MLS, with 9 years of experience in the league with titles and cup wins to know what it takes to be a winner.

As for whether I'm happy with Wiedeman or Hall re-signing with the team, not really, but I understand why they are being re-signed because in MLS you have this rule called international slots and you can only get so many of them to fill them with players not Canadian or American. Hence why you have guys like Wiedeman and Hall (hopefully) fill in the depth role, especially since these guys can fill in multiple positions.

I don't know how much of the league you actually watch other than TFC, but you'll find out that the team with best depth often are the better teams, because injuries and traveling takes its toll. And because of salary cap, you won't be able to find the depth you'd like, so you're stuck with guys like Hall and Wiedeman (who btw were highly rated coming out of NCAA) and hope that they give you good minutes.

I'm a proponent of possession based soccer too. But because most Canadian and American players aren't up to playing that style of soccer quite yet, (unless you pay top money for the best Canadian/US players) so you get a lot of direct, high pressure style game with a lot of counterattacking. It's not like I like Mariner's style, but I understand why he (and some of best MLS coaches) use that style, because it's suitable for North American game. Examples? See San Jose's 'hoofball' that won the Supporter's Shield and Kansas City's 4-3-3 which is basically a high pressure, track meet designed to outhustle the opposition. It's the practical reality of what the league is. (although the league is getting better every year)

Really well said! We need to chip away at this institutional cynicism that has set in after years of poor management. This year still might be very tough but I like the recent direction this team is taking.

gracos
12-15-2012, 01:06 AM
Domestic Players

GK Kevin Hartman 68 38 Athens, Ohio, United States
GK Bill Gaudette 65 31 Hummelstown, Pennsylvania, United states
GK Jay Nolly 60 30 Orlando, Florida, United States
GK Chase Harrison 60 28 Huntington, West Virginia, United States
GK Kyle Reynish 60 29 Valencia, California, United States
GK Ian Joyce 57 27 Kinnelon, New Jersey, United States
GK Andrew Weber 57 29 Austin, Texas, United States
GK Tim Murray 56 25 Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States

RB Tim Ward 63 25 Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States

CB Scott Palguta 63 30 Toms River, New Jersey, United States
CB Adrian Cann 63 32 Thornhill, Ontario, Canada

LB Tyson Wahl 63 28 Newport Beach, California, United States
LB Mike Chabala 62 28 Fresno, California, United States
LB Ramiro Corrales 60 35 Salinas, California, United States

D/M Luke Sassano 27 Orinda, California, United States

CDM Julian de Guzman 69 31 Toronto, Canada
CDM Peter Vagenas 61 34 Pasadena, California, United States

RM Joseph Gjertsen 61 30 Tacoma, Washington, United States

CM Blair Gavin 64 23 Phoenix, Arizona, United States
CM Mike Seamon 55 24 Rahway, New Jersey, United States

CF Pat Noonan 60 32 Ballwin, Missouri, United States

International Players

CB Julius James 64 28 Maloney Gardens, Trinidad and Tobago
CB Tyrone Marshall 63 38 Kingston, Jamaica
CB Shavar Thomas 62 31 Hannah Town, Jamaica
CB Andrew Boyens 60 29 Napier, New Zealand

CDM Joseph Nane 61 25 Yaounde, Cameroon
CDM Jean-Marc Alexandre 59 26 Verrettes, Haiti

CM Bruno Guarda 61 26 Piracicaba, Brazil

LM Jamie Smith 66 32 Alexandria, Scotland

CAM Khari Stephenson 63 31 Kingston, Jamaica

ST Juan Pablo Angel 66 37 Medellin, Colombia
ST Alejandro Moreno 66 33 Barquisimeto, Venezuela
ST Scott Sealy 61 31 Chaguanas, Trinidad and Tobago

LW Olukorede Aiyegbusi 58 24 Hackney, England

Bold- over 35 years of age

Yohan
12-15-2012, 01:21 AM
^a lot of your 'international' players have green cards or US citizenships

__wowza
12-15-2012, 04:04 AM
:drinking:

T-boy
12-15-2012, 05:31 AM
It kinds seems like when we sign/do a trade people like then "that's Payne doing good work", and when you don't like the player or trade its "Mariner's work".

But personally, I blame Mark Clattenburg!

Wooster_TFC
12-15-2012, 09:19 AM
^a lot of your 'international' players have green cards or US citizenships

True. But the proper kind of research into these sorts of things is usually thrown under the bus around here :)

oxygenatedbrain
12-15-2012, 12:40 PM
In memoriam the few who stupidly thought such things necessary to the discussion.

[NBF]
12-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Amado Guevara rumoured to be returning to Toronto FC

Saw this little tidbit in the news and on the Twittersphere today.

"Inicio en enero si Dios quiere , porque es otra etapa y me tengo que preparar bien. Todo lo vamos a manejar en su debido tiempo. La idea es aprovechar con los entrenadores de la MLS como el profesor Bruce Arenas o con el equipo Toronto o con New York", afirmó.

I threw it in google translate for those who don't know Spanish.

"Starting in January, God willing, because it is another step and I have to prepare well. Whatever we manage it in due time. The idea is to take advantage of the MLS coaches like Professor Bruce Arenas or Toronto or equipment with New York, "he said.

He's saying he wants to prepare for a return to MLS in January and possibly sign for Toronto FC, the Galaxy or The New York Cosmos, not the Red Bulls.

Here's the source: http://diez.hn/Ediciones/2012/12/12/...r#.UMuVdqWfM_t (http://diez.hn/Ediciones/2012/12/12/Noticias/Amado-Guevara-inicia-en-enero-estudios-de-entrenador#.UMuVdqWfM_t)

The entire article is about starting to study to become a trainer while still playing in Honduras. He knows his time is up and he wants to become a national team coach.

He's preparing for the next phase in his career and wants to take advantage of the opportunities to work for head coaches like Bruce Arena or with teams like TFC and New York with great training facilities.

jloome
12-16-2012, 01:26 AM
O'Dea a hothead? Passionate maybe, but I don't get hothead impression from him

He was nicknamed "Darren O Dear" at Leeds for his penchant for getting cards at inopportune times.

Fans talk about it here: http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/index.php?topic=4616

This'll either be the best defence we've ever had or the most explosive.

EDIT: Hmmm, but he also only got one at Celtic. Then again, at Celtic you always have a personnel advantage, except in Euro play. Tough one, that.

I like his strength and size, but we could've said that about Peaches (who I thought was OK.)

Auzzy
12-16-2012, 02:31 AM
I just read an interesting point, in the mlssoccer.com article about the re-entry draft.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/12/14/total-14-players-selected-stage-2-mls-re-entry-draft

Players that went unselected in Stage 2 of the Re-Entry are now available to all teams on a first-come-first-serve basis.

So it seems their previous teams no longer hold their rights, as some have suggested???

Yohan
12-16-2012, 08:44 AM
I just read an interesting point, in the mlssoccer.com article about the re-entry draft.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/12/14/total-14-players-selected-stage-2-mls-re-entry-draft

So it seems their previous teams no longer hold their rights, as some have suggested???

yep. the players not picked on re-entry draft are free agents

Yohan
12-16-2012, 07:16 PM
http://u.goal.com/104000/104026hp2.jpg

nascarguy
12-16-2012, 11:13 PM
I do not know what to think of Danny Califf I would have like Juan Pablo Angel ,