PDA

View Full Version : Renewed or Did Not Renew?

Alonso
11-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Now that the renewal deadline is passed I am curious to know how many did and how many actually went through with not renewing....

Mr. Bigby
11-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Renewed. For the reason why, see "East Side Stand Up!"

Fort York Redcoat
11-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Renewed.

torontocelt
11-24-2012, 10:36 AM
I did not renew, last season I attended under half of the games despite having a season ticket. The quality of the football I have seen over the years has actually gotten worse as has the results. I could tolerate bad football to a certain degree when we were picking up wins but to go to BMO and watch a crap game of football and be defeated isn't an enjoyable occasion. The constant revolving door of managers and players makes it really hard to relate to the team, turning up at games and not knowing who is on the pitch is really off putting. Couple this with not being able to watch games on the tv as they are generally terrible to watch means there was no way I was renewing my season ticket even if they offered it to me for $50. The club has been very poorly managed and when their actions are turning away genuine football fans it is easy to see they have truly made a mess of something that could have and should have been great. At most I will maybe go to a couple of games next season, don't think I have felt as dissillutioned about something as I do about TFC. Good luck to the club and the RPB, hopefully you get a club that warrants your support one day.

Pookie
11-24-2012, 12:32 PM
I renewed. For me it was always a financial decision. I had a friend who offered to buy half the games so that made it easier. I will simply give him the games we can't get to.

Without that, the price drop, raptors ticket would not have been enough to convince me to renew. I have eaten way too much money over the past few seasons with tickets I couldn't give away.

billygrieveuk
11-24-2012, 02:15 PM
did not renew my 2 seats in 111.
season ticket holder since november 2006.

after those 2 losing streaks...i just lost interest.
then the season one pricing ...i lost hope.

anyway, will continue to read and follow, but understand
its no longer my right to comment.

Carts
11-24-2012, 02:28 PM
I renewed as I still love match day at BMO...

However, if the price drop hadn't happened, I may have been looking to relocate to cheaper seats at the relocation time - but since the prices were cut significantly, I'm sticking with my seats...

Here's hoping there's more to cheer for in 2013...

YYZ_Fan
11-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Did not renew my 2 seats in 110. I find reading reading this forum more entertaining than the gameday experience at BMO these days.
Let's hope i regret this decision and am back in for 2014.

Yagbod
11-24-2012, 05:24 PM
I renewed. It's not even a question for me. Just like waking up in the morning, or afternoon...

Super
11-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Renewed. I'm curious how many sold as of today.

flatpicker
11-24-2012, 06:51 PM
I renewed mine on Friday.
Believe me, it was not an easy decision.
But year one pricing in section 111 allowed me to give this one more season.
They better do something to keep my interest though.

Looking at the poll stats so far...
Does not look good for the stadium in 2013.
I fear the soccer experiment in Toronto may be ruined beyond repair.

daner90
11-24-2012, 07:01 PM
tim90 did not renew! We are all doomed!!!

PAOK17
11-24-2012, 07:07 PM
I renewed but only because it was $220 per seat. I wouldn't have had the person I go with couldn't go. I also don't plan to go to every game and he has been able to find ways of getting rid of the tickets.

Had I been in the more expensive seats, I probably would have dropped my tickets 2 years ago.

TFC Via Buffalo
11-24-2012, 07:13 PM
We renewed. This is the last year if they shit bomb again. Ticket prices at the top of 110 are the least of my worries. Travel costs to upwards of 20 games a year are the biggest factor. If they can't show any sign of improvement, I'm sure I can get seats pretty much anywhere in 2014.

CoachGT
11-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Renewed.

leafsman
11-24-2012, 08:07 PM
I renewed but probably looking to move as I don't like the North prices, they are a joke. My brother who I have the seats with missed most games last year because of work so decided to at least have another season.

Petor
11-24-2012, 09:05 PM
I renewed.
The lower ticket prices helped because of my situation and I still have fun on gameday so that's why I renewed..

sidvan
11-24-2012, 10:24 PM
renewed...pricing was everything...raptors tix were nothing but will take them and give them away.

Joe Kool
11-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Wasn't initially going to renew because of paying a high total price (tickets, parking, concessions, etc) and repeatedly watching my team get pounded with very little to cheer about but giving it another year just because of the new lower price, plus I am going to back off on concessions, so I will give it one more year but even the same lower price won't bring me back next year if the team is still trolling along the bottom of the table with another year of shit.

Pookie
11-25-2012, 07:54 AM
^ what if the team still didn't make the playoffs but over the course of the year:

- had a new president, coach and support staff with a track record of success
- had traded away older veterans for assets (young players, draft picks, etc) so actually had depth going into 2014
- had replaced 2 of the 3 DPs with younger DPs

would you have faith and renew or is it playoffs at all cost next year?

DangerRed
11-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Wasn't an SSH this year, and would not have renewed if I was. Pookie, to accomplish the three bullet points you outline will take the club multiple years. They will hire a president this year at most, and remember Paul Mariner said just this past week that the core group of guys is already here and we're just a few players away from success. Good luck.

Fort York Redcoat
11-25-2012, 09:17 AM
anyway, will continue to read and follow, but understand
its no longer my right to comment.

Incorrect. billy you feel free to comment all you like and your opinion will be taken as welcome as anyone else's. Plenty of contributors here didn't get to every match. We don't want one exclusive perspective here. See you round here if not at the stadium.

SoccMan
11-25-2012, 10:39 AM
I renewed but looking for cheaper tickets once relocation takes place, looking to give up my section 225 $475 or whatever the price is, for the cheapest price I can find anywhere in the stadium. I hate giving these bastards even 1 penny, however, being a diehard soccer fan I just could not give up on supporting pro soccer in Toronto not now since I have been supporting pro soccer here in Toronto as long as I can remember. I just know that all those soccer bashers I have had to deal with all my life would like nothing better than to see an empty BMO field for every game next season so they can say, " see I told you pro soccer would not work in Toronto because Canadians don't like soccer" .

Dave67
11-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Cancelled my 2 seats for 2012 after having them for 5 seasons. So now I'm curious to go to the new season ticket holder day (whenever it is) and see what is available. That will be the real indicator of how many fans dropped seats. The club says I still get in under the new low pricing if I want to come back.

If I can get one cheap enough I may come back with just the one ticket for me. If it's anything outside of the low end tickets I will pick them up in the aftermarket.

Huyton
11-25-2012, 12:45 PM
I renewed, and I'm hoping to get into the South Stand this year in relocation.

I'll take four singles and we'll just stand together wherever there's room. We did that this year in the second half of a lot of games, ending up near the top of 112, particularly if the Reds were attacking the south end.

To Dream, the impossible Dream...

Couchy81
11-25-2012, 01:06 PM
I just know that all those soccer bashers I have had to deal with all my life would like nothing better than to see an empty BMO field for every game next season so they can say, " see I told you pro soccer would not work in Toronto because Canadians don't like soccer" .

All you'd have to tell them is that MLSE owned the team and they'd understand.

Code Red
11-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Did not renew. ML$E reps didn't even bother to get in touch with me. LOL

It's probably for the best as they were going to receive an earful from me.

Red CB Toronto
11-25-2012, 04:59 PM
I renewed as to me it was never in question. My passion for this team has never wavered despite the losses, come on you Reds.

BeachTory
11-25-2012, 06:01 PM
I am in again. Deep breath, swallow hard.

also, at the town hall on wed, Beirne said that renewals were ahead of same time last year (85% vs 82%), said that there is a marketing list that they use of over 40,000 (he pointed to its value when discussing skydome sales, mar. 2012) but there is no waiting list per se. He said their number is 16000 tickets through seasons tickets as their continuing number. Biggest ticket challenge is facilitating swapping of tickets held by ssh on west side. Claims they were all sold but team needs to help holders better to do swaps as empty but paid for seats give the wrong impression.

I just repeat what he said and not going to guess how much is actual gospel truth.

jazzy
11-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Renewed prices irresistible, pissed at Mariner and FO but back our team, but if we lose the first game next year and all the rest I will be yelling at Mariner from day 1, ......it's my right and I want whats best for my home team.......and not old school hangers on cashing in a pay cheque....it may get to the point where I'm watching games just for the skills of the visitors...OMG,......There are some great games in MLS,..... just not here. I want that changed~!

Primavera
11-26-2012, 09:36 AM
...Biggest ticket challenge is facilitating swapping of tickets held by ssh on west side. Claims they were all sold but team needs to help holders better to do swaps as empty but paid for seats give the wrong impression.

Hi - Could you explain that a bit more? (I'm not really understanding.)

Thanks.

TOBOR !
11-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Poll results will likey be skewed toward the positive response due to the likelihood of non-renewers having checked out completely.

Fort York Redcoat
11-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Hi - Could you explain that a bit more? (I'm not really understanding.)

Thanks.

Tickets are bought on west side and not used. We see empty seats which is not good. They need to make it easier for people who don't use their tickets to get them to people who will use them for the day.

Greatest Ripoff
11-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Did not renew my light blues, too expensive. Will buy tickets from the secondary market. Might buy a partial pack in the light greys if the price is enticing enough.

ryan
11-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Tickets are bought on west side and not used. We see empty seats which is not good. They need to make it easier for people who don't use their tickets to get them to people who will use them for the day.

Reading between the lines...

"Use our ticket trader, we only take 80% of the cut!"

Fort York Redcoat
11-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Reading between the lines...

"Use our ticket trader, we only take 80% of the cut!"

Obviously not a lot of people are convinced to use that.

cmonyoureds
11-26-2012, 01:04 PM
...Biggest ticket challenge is facilitating swapping of tickets held by ssh on west side. Claims they were all sold but team needs to help holders better to do swaps as empty but paid for seats give the wrong impression.

Having seats unused in the hands of scalpers outside BMO field means concession sales are down, and it's really tough to take marketing pictures of "atmosphere" when there's a lot of empty seats. Additionally, it means there's lot of tickets out there that we could be making a modest "middle man cut" on to help you into our building to empty your pockets.

Some around here would argue that "paid but empty seats" give the CORRECT impression.

Brooker
11-26-2012, 01:18 PM
tim90 did not renew! We are all doomed!!!

Fuck! It's like a death in the family.

ryan
11-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Obviously not a lot of people are convinced to use that.

It should be a perk, not a gouge.

The cost is so incredibly small for them to set this up and they gouge at a ridiculous level for no legitimate reason.

burlington Red
11-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Renewed my tix, team needs support now more so than ever.

Pachuco
11-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Did not renew. Lost all interest in going to watch the team at BMO this year. Made it to probably half the games, left my seats empty to quite a few. Don't think I even watched the games on TV that I didn't bother to show up for. I couldn't stand another game of having to endure the crap that went on this year and the circus clown they hired to manage the team. The first years the soccer was terrible but at least the atmosphere was incredible. The atmosphere reached an all time low this year when I could hear 5 travelling supporters chanting louder then all of BMO. All that was missing from the atmosphere was a Go TFC Go chant. Anyhow I've moved on. I'll follow TFC from a far and will attend a lot of Blue Jays games this year instead. It's sad, cause Soccer really is my favorite sport, but I can get my soccer fix now a days so many other ways. The best part is if I feel like a TFC game I'm sure I'll have no problems getting free tickets. Thanks MLSE, for crushing that love I had for TFC.

brad
11-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Did not renew - don't want to give the FO my money.

Detroit_TFC
11-27-2012, 09:38 AM
I renewed but released one of my 2 tickets. Still contemplating seat relocation to a cheaper price point (currently have med grey).

Super
11-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Renewed my tix, team needs support now more so than ever.

That might work for any other team in the world, but I honestly never felt that support from any of us mattered to this team, its management or players. Sad, but true. I renewed because it was cheap. Also, I wanted to give TFC another chance. Another failed season and I'll be watching the games (some of them) from home - or read about them in the paper the next day. I'm all for supporting TFC, but I refuse to be humiliated anymore, and even with my tickets in hand for 2013 I'll likely only show up for a couple of games - unless we play a style of football that I can be proud of. We don't have to win every game. Just don't embarrass me time and time again. That's my way of protesting.

One more season. Let's see how it goes!

Fort York Redcoat
11-27-2012, 11:49 AM
New president. Has MLS experience. What we asked for. Anyone renewing now?

TOBOR !
11-27-2012, 12:06 PM

I dunno, are PM and EC still employed at the club /

cmonyoureds
11-27-2012, 12:59 PM

Your post - November 27, 2012
Renewal deadline - days ago

Ultra & Proud
11-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Your post - November 27, 2012
Renewal deadline - days ago

You can still renew. Lots of people did last year after the deadline. This year a few I heard of too. You think TFC don't like seeing money coming in because of 'deadlines'?

Fort York Redcoat
11-27-2012, 01:45 PM
I dunno, are PM and EC still employed at the club /

This is why I ask. Some said President, some said the quoted above, some say things a bit vague.

Thomas
11-27-2012, 02:04 PM
I renewed. I am not happy about our clown/coach running the show nor our piss poor year, but I still enjoy (for the most part) coming down to watch the games. The day that I no longer look forward to or want to go to matches will be the year that I don't renew.

TOBOR !
11-27-2012, 03:07 PM
This is why I ask. Some said President, some said the quoted above, some say things a bit vague.

Well, to be fair to most, there is renewed optimism with today's news. Such that could cause people to tumble to one side of the fence in the hopes that Mariner's and Cochrane's exits are now just a formality.

trane
11-27-2012, 03:16 PM

So if you do not renew now that there is a rumour about them hiring a new team President, you are being disingenous, or not stepping to the plate, or not puting your money were your mouth is?

So the only honourable thing to do is renewgin that is the only thing that a true supporter would do. I get it. Let me call the front office now and get season tickets. So that I can be a real supporter.

Ben - D.O.W.
11-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Wow, way to put words in FYR's mouth Trane. I didn't get any of that from Pete's post.

Fort York Redcoat
11-27-2012, 03:47 PM
So if you do not renew now that there is a rumour about them hiring a new team President, you are being disingenous, or not stepping to the plate, or not puting your money were your mouth is?

So the only honourable thing to do is renewgin that is the only thing that a true supporter would do. I get it. Let me call the front office now and get season tickets. So that I can be a real supporter.

It's not a rumour. It's a reported done deal. I realize this is not enough for you personally, trane.

Listen. Let me be clear. If I bring it up it's because I'm looking forward to seeing some people that got what they were waiting for and I get to see them in the stadium all year. All the challenging of people's worth in the above quote is a really negative jump to take. My question had no accusation attached.

Phil
11-27-2012, 03:50 PM
To be fair the 'confirmation' is coming from a newspapers blog. There is no official word yet but things certainly seem to be pointing in a direction. Lots of 'no comments' coming in.

Belfast_Boy
11-27-2012, 04:22 PM
haven't we passed the deadline???

personally I would like to relocate so hopefully somebody didn't renew in a section I want.

trane
11-27-2012, 04:31 PM
It's not a rumour. It's a reported done deal. I realize this is not enough for you personally, trane.

Listen. Let me be clear. If I bring it up it's because I'm looking forward to seeing some people that got what they were waiting for and I get to see them in the stadium all year. All the challenging of people's worth in the above quote is a really negative jump to take. My question had no accusation attached.

But to be honest. This would be a step in the right direction. I will say that. I just need to see it happen, and get a feel of what he wants to do.

trane
11-27-2012, 04:31 PM

personally I would like to relocate so hopefully somebody didn't renew in a section I want.

I am sure there are plenty of seats up for grabs.

glaze
11-27-2012, 05:31 PM
I am sure there are plenty of seats up for grabs.

Yes and no. I have a feeling people wanting to get in 110 - 113 will have a hard time. I am personally hoping a single in 110 is out there for my relocation. Not that sneaking over every game was hard. But it would be nice to officially be located there.
We'll know in a week what the true status of renewals is.

trane
11-27-2012, 05:39 PM
^ I have kind of given up on 110-113. I just want a reason to believe that the team has seen the ligt.

Alonso
11-27-2012, 06:48 PM

I renewed last year past the deadline.

I think they just want your money and aren't to concerned with the deadline.

It would probably not be possible after the relocation event though...

Alonso
11-27-2012, 06:58 PM
I am in again. Deep breath, swallow hard.

also, at the town hall on wed, Beirne said that renewals were ahead of same time last year (85% vs 82%), said that there is a marketing list that they use of over 40,000 (he pointed to its value when discussing skydome sales, mar. 2012) but there is no waiting list per se. He said their number is 16000 tickets through seasons tickets as their continuing number. Biggest ticket challenge is facilitating swapping of tickets held by ssh on west side. Claims they were all sold but team needs to help holders better to do swaps as empty but paid for seats give the wrong impression.

I just repeat what he said and not going to guess how much is actual gospel truth.

As of this post, we are standing at a 73% renewal rate from what can be considered some of this teams most ardent supporters.

Personally I would have to say the renewal rate outside this group would surely have to be lower no?

Something isn't jiving here.

AdamAM
11-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Gonna wait a year to see how the Payne experiment works out and what kind of players he brings in to commit to seasons, might just get some singles this year

FluSH
11-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Renewed on the last day since I've been extremely busy... Will always renew this will always be my team.

TOBOR !
11-28-2012, 12:46 AM
As of this post, we are standing at a 73% renewal rate from what can be considered some of this teams most ardent supporters.

Personally I would have to say the renewal rate outside this group would surely have to be lower no?

Something isn't jiving here.

73% of respondents. I have little doubt that many who aren't renewing have completely checked out, including posting on boards.

kodiakTFC
11-28-2012, 12:50 AM
Renewed on the last day since I've been extremely busy... Will always renew this will always be my team.

I feel like this too Flush. I'm not sure its a good thing but I've heard ignorance is bliss, so being blissful has to be pretty good right?

SamK
11-28-2012, 12:52 AM
105 respondents is way too small of a sample space and is also just a survey of one type of fan. I'm not saying the actual renewal rate is higher or lower I just don't think this survey could be a way to prove MLSE is lying.

And I renewed.

Alonso
11-28-2012, 01:14 AM
73% of respondents. I have little doubt that many who aren't renewing have completely checked out, including posting on boards.

Yeah I agree.

So that would indicate an even lower rate then 73% and an even lower rate for those who don't come onto TFC message boards.

Renewal rate has to be around 60%...

So the 85% that Paul Bierne indicated at the town hall seems way out of whack to what we are seeing on this message board.

Alonso
11-28-2012, 01:15 AM
105 respondents is way too small of a sample space and is also just a survey of one type of fan. I'm not saying the actual renewal rate is higher or lower I just don't think this survey could be a way to prove MLSE is lying.

And I renewed.

Of course you are right.

But it is an indication.

Cashcleaner
11-28-2012, 01:34 AM
I renewed my single seat and sold it to Ricky_Portugal here on the boards a few weeks ago. With the announcement of the new President, I might pick up one or two more now for myself.

You see MLSE, that's how you make money! Give the people what they want (a dedicated club President with vision) and they will pay for it.

TOBOR !
11-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Just had a word with my rep.

It seems like there's still time to come in from the cold if anyone likes.

We had a lengthy discussion (well, mostly I did) about how I arrived at my decision to not renew, and why I'm sticking to my shoulder cannons.

We agreed to keep the lines of communcation open pending future announcements.

nfitz
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
As of this post, we are standing at a 73% renewal rate from what can be considered some of this teams most ardent supporters.75% by my math right now. But RPB the teams most arden supporters? I wouldn't have taken that away from the general tone of this board.

Another ardent supporters group reported 86% ...

London
11-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Just had a word with my rep.

It seems like there's still time to come in from the cold if anyone likes.

We had a lengthy discussion (well, mostly I did) about how I arrived at my decision to not renew, and why I'm sticking to my shoulder cannons.

We agreed to keep the lines of communcation open pending future announcements.

so they arent releasing tickets so fast??
or there is nobody to take your place???
or both??

i can read your comment a few different ways

Oldtimer
11-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Renewed and sold my seats at cost to a U-Sector member to keep it in supporter hands. Kept the "free" Montreal game and the CCL games (if any).

I will probably attend some games, as schedule permits, by picking up tickets here and there.

TOBOR !
11-28-2012, 01:56 PM
so they arent releasing tickets so fast??
or there is nobody to take your place???
or both??

i can read your comment a few different ways

Not sure what you mean. They were giving me one more chance to renew. When I declined they asked about my reasoning.

Alonso
11-28-2012, 02:45 PM
75% by my math right now. But RPB the teams most arden supporters? I wouldn't have taken that away from the general tone of this board.

Sure, I just meant compared to the general population. Which I am assuming in general are not as ardent supporters as a group of people that come on to message boards to discuss the team on a daily/weekly basis.

Also this is what I wrote: "from what can be considered some of this teams most ardent supporters." (meaning posters on this forum and forums in general)

No where in what I wrote did I say RPB are the teams most ardent supporters.

Fort York Redcoat
11-28-2012, 03:51 PM
75% by my math right now. But RPB the teams most arden supporters? I wouldn't have taken that away from the general tone of this board.

LOL

Renewal rate does not always equal most ardent.

If you know the general tone of the board you know this is trolling. Don't bother.

Auzzy
11-28-2012, 03:58 PM

86% of how many?

BritSOL
11-28-2012, 06:00 PM
I am/was in 224 and haven't renewed. I got home today and there was a phone message from my TFC ticket rep asking me to call if I still wanted to renew. So the deadline still seems moveable at the moment.

Alonso
11-28-2012, 06:13 PM
I am/was in 224 and haven't renewed. I got home today and there was a phone message from my TFC ticket rep asking me to call if I still wanted to renew. So the deadline still seems moveable at the moment.

I hope so. I am going to try and renew one of my two seats now.

olo114
11-28-2012, 08:46 PM
I renewed, Will be back in 114 for another season of fun

RicoSuave44
11-28-2012, 08:55 PM
For the first time since year one I did not renew my two seats in 112. I'm traveling and will miss the season so I couldn't be bothered. Having seen the price reduction and now the hiring of KP, I'll have to have a chat with my bro to see if he wants to renew.

Bottom line: without the price reduction I would not renew.

FluSH
11-28-2012, 09:56 PM
I feel like this too Flush. I'm not sure its a good thing but I've heard ignorance is bliss, so being blissful has to be pretty good right?

You got it!

FluSH
11-28-2012, 09:57 PM
For the first time since year one I did not renew my two seats in 112. I'm traveling and will miss the season so I couldn't be bothered. Having seen the price reduction and now the hiring of KP, I'll have to have a chat with my bro to see if he wants to renew.

Bottom line: without the price reduction I would not renew.

Say it ain't soooooooo ricoooooooo!

backbeat
11-28-2012, 10:52 PM
i was not, was not, WAS NOT going to renew... but they went and brought in a president with autonomy and one i respect - with not only soccer knowledge by MLS and NA soccer knowledge...and after i told all and sundry that there was no way i would renew....deep down i hated the thought of not being there...i love the game and i LOVE the fact that Toronto has a team....so I am back for another year..............Please....PLEASE get rid of Mariner NOW........that's all i ask....well at least for now.......

trane
11-29-2012, 11:43 AM
I got to give it to the MLSE on the business side. 10 minutes or so after I finnished posting, that with this move I may be interested in picking up seats again, I got a we would love to have you back e-mail, for an seat selection event in December. I will register, and likely pick up some seats. South end if available, if not Prawnies, love the view of the pitch from up there.

Yohan
11-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Email I got today

Dear XXXXX,

With the announcement of Kevin Payne as TFC President and General Manager, paired with our revised Season Seat Holder pricing and benefits, the 2013 season is one you'll surely want to be a part of.
On Saturday, December 15th we will be hosting a Select-A-Seat event at BMO Field for members of our Waiting List.
As a past partial pack holder, we'd like to extend an invitation to this event.
(http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fclick.mlsefanmail.com%2F%3Fqs%3 D898cd0a884ef2adbcea62f7b8495f12d7e583dadfc6b424af 791a4476b16eb6675b7d1375c9bcab5&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHXX_FbLc-bJ__loskWQ3tnDs1Yjw)

Additional features to the 2013 Season Ticket Package include:

"Early Bird" rate of up to 35% off 2012 prices*
Complimentary ticket to see TFC vs. Montreal Impact at Olympic Stadium**
50% off all Champions League tickets for 'Convenience Pack' purchasers

Click here (http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fclick.mlsefanmail.com%2F%3Fqs%3 D898cd0a884ef2adb2203365d69e43d1d149c275127864c81b f802e84d6fb1081e94ebf0dae398dcb&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNExPoybycJz7NvPcjmtqtqmoYQZYw) to view our complete Season Ticket website including complete pricing and benefits.
To register, please click here (http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fclick.mlsefanmail.com%2F%3Fqs%3 D898cd0a884ef2adbe590cf22d998782d380a91fd29b8dca62 7385bec466225a72d3de7c376cb06b6&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHb1UK3jB78cJYXxQPjbKpY7BomPA) by Monday, December 10th at 5:00 PM. If you cannot make it in person to the event, we will schedule a personal phone appointment the week after.
We look forward to having you join the Club in 2013 as an official Season Seat Holder!

Toronto FC
//ALL FOR ONE

nfitz
11-29-2012, 11:53 AM
As a past partial pack holder, we'd like to extend an invitation to this event.
Mine said exactly the same but instead said "As a RED Waiting List member, we'd like to extend an invitation to this event."

SSH got an e-mail on Tuesday that they'd get personalized e-mails later this week for the relocation the previous week on December 6th to 8th.

Alonso
11-29-2012, 05:44 PM
I drank the kool-aid and....

I renewed today.

I believe in the new guy. He has character.

BritSOL
11-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Damn it.:facepalm:

I had made it to the deadline and past it without renewing. With the news yesterday I then caved and call my ticket rep today and renewed. She told me that the seat relocation is scheduled for 6th, 7th & 8th December (Thurs -Sat)

Alonso
11-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Damn it.:facepalm:

I had made it to the deadline and past it without renewing. With the news yesterday I then caved and call my ticket rep today and renewed. She told me that the seat relocation is scheduled for 6th, 7th & 8th December (Thurs -Sat)

It's like crack.

We'll never get out.

.... we should start a TFC anonymous support group.

Code Red
11-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Well, Mr. Anselmi, you've done it again.

You've got me back for another season.

Congrats on hiring the right man for the job, the only factor that would get me to return as a SSH for 2013. Now please sit back and allow Mr. Payne to repair the holes that have been created on this ship over the past six seasons so that I can once again be proud to call myself a supporter of this club and not have to hide my face behind a paper bag as exhibited this past season.

And finally, thank you for listening to the voice of the supporters. You've gotten my respect back (for now).

Sincerely,
Code Red

Belfast_Boy
11-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Well, Mr. Anselmi, you've done it again.

You've got me back for another season.

Congrats on hiring the right man for the job, the only factor that would get me to return as a SSH for 2013. Now please sit back and allow Mr. Payne to repair the holes that have been created on this ship over the past six seasons so that I can once again be proud to call myself a supporter of this club and not have to hide my face behind a paper bag as exhibited this past season.

And finally, thank you for listening to the voice of the supporters. You've gotten my respect back (for now).

Sincerely,
Code Red

ha ha you caved!!!
LOL, see ya back in the stands. glad you did.

heard the relocation emails are going out today.

Oldtimer
11-30-2012, 09:37 AM
What did people want?

a) Price reduction. Check.
b) A football-knowledgeable person in charge. Check.
c) The guy in the Bermuda shorts out the door. Not yet.

The third thing not happening is tolerable given that the second thing has happened. It goes without saying that Payne is much more trustworthy to make the decision on Mariner than Anselmi. He might even be smarter than us.

glaze
11-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Relocation will be interesting. Tfc season seats has the interesting problem that the most demand is for the cheapest seats. My relocation isn't until the 8th so I doubt it'll be possible to move my single or add an extra in 110 or 111.
But a team that loves to market itself on atmosphere has to start worrying about the empty seats at mid field and the quiet atmosphere in the stands.

Code Red
11-30-2012, 08:29 PM
ha ha you caved!!!
LOL, see ya back in the stands. glad you did.

heard the relocation emails are going out today.

Kevin Payne single-handedly sold me on 2013, just as Aron Winter single-handedly sold me on 2012. What can I say, these guys know how to say the right things. g:D

Here's a bit of a strange occurrence. I got an invoice last night confirming my payment for the renewal, yet, this morning I received an e-mail with the subject line "Notice: Your Season Seats Are Being Dropped" and a message indicating that my seat will be dropped today at 5pm. WTF?

I called the office to get this sorted out but it was past 5 pm so I'll have to try again tomorrow. How does the relocation process work? Is it automatic or do I need to request a date? Are appointments scheduled according to STH duration or is it first come first serve basis type of thing?‏

Oldtimer
11-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Relocation is based on when you first bought season tickets, so people who bought early in 2006 are ahead of those who bought in 2007, and so on.

Parkdale
11-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Relocation is based on when you first bought season tickets, so people who bought early in 2006 are ahead of those who bought in 2007, and so on.

putting that initial $50 deposit down for tickets put your name on the list, and counts as the inception date. There were probably many hundreds of people who bought on that first day, so the deposit times help to sort that out.

side note - I'm in the first 10 deposits made. I get the seats I want*

*which I already have, right in the heart of 112.

Yohan
11-30-2012, 09:04 PM
putting that initial $50 deposit down for tickets put your name on the list, and counts as the inception date. There were probably many hundreds of people who bought on that first day, so the deposit times help to sort that out.

side note - I'm in the first 10 deposits made. I get the seats I want*

*which I already have, right in the heart of 112.
braggart :p

Parkdale
11-30-2012, 09:19 PM
wait... isn't that how you kids #swagger these days?

Cashcleaner
12-01-2012, 07:16 PM
What did people want?

The third thing not happening is tolerable given that the second thing has happened. It goes without saying that Payne is much more trustworthy to make the decision on Mariner than Anselmi. He might even be smarter than us.

Very well-put, and absolutely agreed with. 2 outta 3 ain't bad, and like you said, that 3rd item is likely pending. Obviously, we shouldn't be making any huge predictions or assumptions by this news, but two of most people's biggest issues have been dealt with within weeks of each other. Now is a good time to be optimistic again.

Code Red
12-01-2012, 08:20 PM

Gotcha. I'm assuming I have to contact the rep and request re-location though?

SamK
12-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Gotcha. I'm assuming I have to contact the rep and request re-location though?

You should have gotten an email about relocation and your time slot a couple days ago

Code Red
12-01-2012, 08:40 PM
You should have gotten an email about relocation and your time slot a couple days ago

Nothing yet. Maybe I'll hear from them on Monday since my renewal was submitted at the last possible moment.

SamK
12-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Nothing yet. Maybe I'll hear from them on Monday since my renewal was submitted at the last possible moment.

You could be right, just checked and I did just get the email yesterday

boban
12-02-2012, 02:50 AM
I didn't renew. Bernie, Cochrane still have their job, no accountability by Anselmi, and a buffoon still running up and down the sidelines.
Yes it's half the money of last year for my tickets, but $200 a ticket is still $200 a ticket I am burning watching BS.

jazzy
12-02-2012, 03:54 AM
I didn't renew. Bernie, Cochrane still have their job, no accountability by Anselmi, and a buffoon still running up and down the sidelines.
Yes it's half the money of last year for my tickets, but $200 a ticket is still $200 a ticket I am burning watching BS.

no accountability?...T.A. just hired a MLS pro,...sure no miracles in the future but he went out and got ,....probably the best man for the pres.....it starts there....and he wont let this team make a fool of him......it will slowly drift down......it simply doesn't happen any quicker.....long term......$200 is cheap for a years worth of games......so what if the expected happens ,..maybe another poor season?....maybe but lifes too short to to piss on EVERYTHING......If Mariner's poor he'll be dealt with...simple....what if someday Rogers/Bell decree you get what you pay for?........with your attitude we should get in for $0..........right......

v00d00daddy
12-02-2012, 08:11 AM
What did people want?

I stil decided not to renew because:

a) Price Reduction was not important to me. I don't care about the prices being brought down to the garbage level of the product on the field. I wanted the product to come up to the increased ticket price level. Not to mention that the team were forced to pull out the price decrease. (By those who chose not to renew the last few years). It was not done out of the goodness of the club's heart. So yeah....they get little credit for this one from me.

b) Seems like a good hire. Time will tell.

c) The FO needs to be punished for the whole Mariner debacle. If Payne goes back to a possession based, attacking style of football then what the fuck was the point of firing Winter to promote Mariner? Add to that that they could promote Rongen and/or BDK and it will cement the fact bringing in Mariner was completely pointless and only served to alienate and push away lots of supporters.

I hope Payne fires Mariner now. To hear people talking about how much time Mariner has left like it's a forgone conclusion that he'll be fired AND being okay with giving him some games at the start of the year or even a full season is fucking scary.

It's sad when we see keeping a terrible coach for the beginning of a new season (that followed the worst one we've ever had) as part of the natural course of the new plan for success.

He should be removed ASAP.

I had some remorse when my renewal date passed......but I'm sure it'll be nothing compared to the remorse I'd have had showing up for game one of season 7 and watching Mariner coach this team.

ensco
12-13-2012, 10:46 PM
^Voodoo, it's interesting, this is a lesson about life. You and I have disagreed about many things, but that post, I could easily have written that myself.

Initial B
12-14-2012, 08:06 AM
But guys, the reason why we've been so down on changing coaches mid-season is that at TFC the Coach has pretty much been the GM and choosing the players to put on the team and the President just rubber stamps the transaction. This led to the revolving door of players and no chemistry as every new coach turfed players he didn't like and put his own players in while Anselmi looked on.

In the new set-up, the President is also the GM who has final say on the players that aqre brought in. Mariner will have to find a way to produce with those players or he will be gone and Payne will bring in a coach who can work with the players he's got. There won't be a revolving door of players anymore as Payne has indicated that he wants to go with a young core that will stick around for a while and gel and this season is the start of that. Doesn't MLSsoccer.com have an article on how important it is to keep a stable core of players to a team?

Relja
12-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Got a call today for my first set of season seats and all the supporters seats are sold out :(. Even the light grey's. Guess its another year of waiting....

bigredone
12-18-2012, 05:47 PM
^Is it safe to say that above post sums up the poll/thread pretty well.^

glaze
12-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Speaking of renewal any word on what the official beer of TFC will be? I know Carlsberg is out but am really hoping we aren't going to be subjected to Canadian and Coors light at ACC prices.

ryan
12-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Got a call today for my first set of season seats and all the supporters seats are sold out :(. Even the light grey's. Guess its another year of waiting....

You would be extremely lucky to get light grey's without already being an SSH. Even with this team in the dumps, those tickets aren't available at the prices they set.

You need to commit to some med grey's then relocate, or continue to hope you're one of those handful of lucky folks who pull it off.

ryan
12-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Speaking of renewal any word on what the official beer of TFC will be? I know Carlsberg is out but am really hoping we aren't going to be subjected to Canadian and Coors light at ACC prices.

InBev took over. Bud/Stella are what's coming.

JayMolly
12-18-2012, 07:41 PM

Yea, I heard it was Bud too. Don't worry, if you go to the game in Montreal on March 16 - it's all green to me!

Relja
12-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Cheapest they offered me was 201,205 for 530 after taxes then 130,134 for 561.

ryan
12-19-2012, 09:47 AM

Sounds about right. I was in at just under 600 for med grey's last year. Just took one year to get out of that. I waited 3 years like you are doing without luck and that was it once I got involved.

DangerRed
12-19-2012, 01:24 PM

You're unlucky. My appointment was 11 am Saturday and there were light grays here and there (just a handful total, but still). Bear it out this year, and then you're set -- this also isn't a bad year to do med grays. They're quite cheap.

Relja
12-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Im going to keep on the waiting list, but next year actually go to the appointment as this year had my vacation during the seat time. Going to pick up a pair of season seats off an rpb.

69Chevy396
12-23-2012, 04:51 PM
This miserable team needs to have one winning season before i plant my big ass on a BMO plastic seat again.

69Chevy396
12-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Changed my mind going back into hibernation

Captain
02-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Can any tell me what the cost of renewing seasons tickets was for Light gray & med gray?
Thanks

nfitz
02-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Can any tell me what the cost of renewing seasons tickets was for Light gray & med gray?
Thanks$228 in light grey, and $475 in medium grey (and $190 in yellow).