PDA

View Full Version : Wavier Draft - 2012

Shway
11-19-2012, 03:25 PM
MLS Cup 2012 may still be less than two weeks away, but clubs around the league already have their sights on 2013.
On Monday afternoon a Waiver Draft will be held by MLS via conference call with clubs having the option to pick up out-of-contract players or players whose options were not exercised and are otherwise NOT eligible for December's Re-Entry Draft.
A list of available players follows below. Any players not selected in the Waiver Draft will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis to teams around the league.
The Waiver Draft order is determined via reverse order of finish with playoff performance also taken into account. Teams eliminated at the same stage are ranked by their regular season point total.
If a team makes a selection during the Waiver Draft, it drops to the bottom of the order for future Waiver Drafts.
AVAILABLE PLAYERS (former clubs in brackets):
Goalkeepers (3): ,Bryan Sylvestre (Vancouver), Jeremy Vuolo (NY Red Bulls), Bill Gaudette (NY Red Bulls)
Defenders (11): Jonathan Borrajo (NY Red Bulls), Cyprian Hedrick (Sporting KC), Ian Hogg (Portland). Flo Lechner (New England), Alex Lee (FC Dallas), Porfirio Lopez (Philadelphia), Neven Markovic (Sporting KC), Carlos Rodriguez (FC Dallas), Tyler Ruthven (NY Red Bulls), Nemanja Vukovic (Columbus Crew), Dicoy Williams (Toronto FC), Luis Zapata (Colorado Rapids)
Midfielders (14): Freddie Braun (Portland), Julio Cesar (Sporting KC), Oscar Cordon (Toronto FC), Edu (Colorado Rapids), Gabriel Gomez (Philadelphia), Cole Grossman (Columbus Crew), Evan James (Montreal Impact), Bryan Leyva (FC Dallas), Nico Muniz (Real Salt Lake), Alec Purdie (New England), Jan Gunnar Solli (NY Red Bulls), Teemu Tainio (NY Red Bulls), Tiago Ulisses (Vancouver), Konrad Warzycha (Sporting KC)

Forwards (14): Jose Angulo (NY Red Bulls), Jhonny Arteaga (NY Red Bulls), Etienne Barbara (Vancouver), Blake Brettschneider (New England), Sercan Guvenisic (San Jose), Corey Hertzog (NY Red Bulls), Matias Jara (FC Dallas), Nicholas Lindsay (Toronto FC), Ruben Luna (FC Dallas), Keith Makabuya (Toronto FC), Charles Renken (Portland), Michael Roach (New England), Olman Vargas (Columbus Crew), Krystian Witkowski (Philadelphia)
Nov. 19, 2012 MLS Waiver Draft Selection Order (2012 finishes in brackets):
1. Toronto (23 pts)
2. Chivas USA (30 pts)
3. Portland (34 pts)
4. New England (35 pts)
5. Philadelphia (36 pts)
6. Colorado (37 pts)
7. FC Dallas (39 pts)
8. Montreal (42 pts)
9. Columbus (52 pts)
10. Vancouver (43 pts – Knockout Rd elimination)
11. Chicago (57 pts – Knockout Rd elimination)
12. Real Salt Lake (57 pts – Conference Semi elimination)
13. New York (57 pts – Conference Semi elimination)
14. Kansas City (63 pts – Conference Semi elimination)
15. San Jose (66 pts – Conference Semi elimination)
16. Seattle Sounders (56 pts – Conference Championship elimination)
17. DC United (58 pts – Conference Championship elimination)
18. Houston (53 pts – MLS Cup finalist)
19. LA Galaxy (54 pts – MLS Cup finalist)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/11/19/mls-hold-waiver-draft-monday-330-pm-et

TFC07
11-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Gabriel Gomez and Teemu Tainio could be useful players for TFC, right?

tfcleeds
11-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Just curious - why are Cann or Harden not on the list?

Shway
11-19-2012, 03:35 PM
was wondering the same thing...harden must of quit playing soccer lol

narduch
11-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Just curious - why are Cann or Harden not on the list?

There's a diffrent re-entry draft in a few weeks.

Shway
11-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Gabriel Gomez made 280k. I would take him at half or under 200k.

He's quality

tfcleeds
11-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Solli might not be a half-bad pickup either.

Joe Kool
11-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Gabriel Gomez made 280k. I would take him at half or under 200k.

He's quality

I don't recall exactly, and maybe I am confusing with the re-entry draft, but I think everyone has to pass on the player at the current wage before they can go through again and negotiate a different wage the second time through.

Whoop
11-19-2012, 04:08 PM
So far Toronto, Montreal and Kansas City have confirmed they've passed.

ensco
11-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Man, we slaughtered the league in that draft selection order derby.

T-boy
11-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Would Hertzog have been worth a looky at? GA and seems to know where the net is. You can't really lose if he's GA!

narduch
11-19-2012, 04:53 PM
My guess is the reason he is available is that he isn't GA anymore.

T-boy
11-19-2012, 04:56 PM
My guess is the reason he is available is that he isn't GA anymore.

I can't keep track of who is GA and who isn't anymore! Stupid MLS rules, they makes them up as they go along, I'm sure!

jloome
11-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Man, we slaughtered the league in that draft selection order derby.

See: Mariner's making us better already.

[NBF]
11-19-2012, 06:56 PM
So far Toronto, Montreal and Kansas City have confirmed they've passed.

Where you getting this info and is it official that they will pass or an assumption from a local beat writer?

Ultra & Proud
11-20-2012, 09:52 AM
;1543022']Where you getting this info and is it official that they will pass or an assumption from a local beat writer?
Everyone always passes in this first round of the draft. Who wants to pay a 'free' and recently cut player his previous salary (+5% I think?). Everyone planning on doing anything strikes in the second round when you can tender a much lower contract. That being said, this list is a lot shittier than I expected it to be.

Mark in Ottawa
11-20-2012, 01:50 PM
"MF Cole Grossman will join Real Salt Lake when the team opens its preseason camp in January. He was the only player selected in Monday’s MLS Waiver Draft."

http://www.realsaltlake.com/news/2012/11/real-salt-lake-adds-mf-cole-grossman

<Yawn>

Oldtimer
11-20-2012, 02:19 PM
I have enough faith in Kreis that if he picked up someone he got good value.

keem-o-sabi
11-20-2012, 05:51 PM
well hopefully TFC can get someone that is a little more experienced than the Academy kids we have and that isn't 32+ years old and injured all the bloody time. Enough Journeymen at high salaries...