PDA

View Full Version : MLS/NYRB and DCU to offer free bus and ticket to 2nd leg of DC at NY game

Yohan
11-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Because of Sandy, 1st leg is now being played in DC first as RBA is not fit to host the match.

So MLS and NYRB are offering free tix to any DC supporters making the trip next Wed for the return leg, with DCU paying for the bus.

http://dcist.com/2012/11/mls_and_dc_united_to_offer_free_tic.php

Fort York Redcoat
11-03-2012, 08:37 AM
*geniune slowclap*

[NBF]
11-03-2012, 09:41 AM
*geniune slowclap*

If at all they should move the game to a USL or NASL venue away from the area and give the tickets away for free.

There was a game in San Diego that was moved to Arizona between the Chargers and Dolphins in 2003 because of the "Cedar Fire" and Qualcomm was being used as disaster relief. In Arizona they gave away the tickets for free to anyone who went to the stadium.

Brooker
11-03-2012, 09:54 AM
What's wrong with Red Bull Arena? I assumed it was moved because of the problems in the surrounding area/transit?

[NBF]
11-03-2012, 10:27 AM
What's wrong with Red Bull Arena? I assumed it was moved because of the problems in the surrounding area/transit?

Here's an interesting map with current updates as to the amount of work to be done in the area. I've been playing with it and it seems like its a long shot of having the game played in Harris, NJ.

There's still alot of water problems for one and power outages might be a problem still. Here's the link, the whole area is still a FEMA Disaster declared area: http://google.org/crisismap/2012-sandy

james
11-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Most USL and NASL stadiums are to far away fro these fans to travel. Also usually they have really shitty stadiums.More like playing on a high school field. Not the best to showcase a playoff game really. They could of possibly looked at playing at Philly Union stadium as its about half way between the 2 cities. But they might be using the field already for other things or might not be ready under short notice. Switching the dates was probably the best option they had.