PDA

View Full Version : Mexican media

backbeat
10-25-2012, 05:35 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/10/25/paul-mariner-october-24-2012

It seems that the incredulous questions can only come from a Mexican reporter, “it seems you’re satisfied with the team even though you’re out of the league, why so?”

How Mariner would be lambasted if we had their media and expectations around the team – our media coverage is so lame and so sad.

i put this in 'forum' as i see it as a discussion around expectations rather than a news item.

Ajax TFC
10-25-2012, 07:37 PM
again he states that we only had three starters in the lineup. My best guess is that he's referring to Eckersley, Dunfield and Silva. But we also had Avila and Morgan.

nonc
10-25-2012, 08:16 PM
yes, TFC media is literally criminal. a meaningless game in Mexico, in which their fans and media couldn't care less about TFC or MLS and yet they still manage to pose the best question to Mariner we've seen yet..and it wasn't even that good.

This should be happening on a weekly basis in Toronto. TFC beat reporters and in-house hosts are scum. you can't even say MLSE buys everyone because the Raptors and particularly the Leafs, often get lambasted in the press.

Redpunkfiddle
10-25-2012, 08:28 PM
yes, TFC media is literally criminal. a meaningless game in Mexico, in which their fans and media couldn't care less about TFC or MLS and yet they still manage to pose the best question to Mariner we've seen yet..and it wasn't even that good.

This should be happening on a weekly basis in Toronto. TFC beat reporters and in-house hosts are scum. you can't even say MLSE buys everyone because the Raptors and particularly the Leafs, often get lambasted in the press.

I think you need to pick up a dictionary and read the definition of "literally".

And "scum".

I think Mariner should look up the definition of "incredible".

Benficachop20
10-25-2012, 08:36 PM
he thought the effort of the team was incredible.... oh god...

nonc
10-25-2012, 08:44 PM
I think you need to pick up a dictionary and read the definition of "literally".

And "scum".

i'm sure if everyone involved with reporting TFC was fully investigated and audited, including the publications, you'd find multiple criminal offenses. Canada is well known for its bribery and corruption.

why should i check "scum"? because that word has never been used outside the context of green crap on water? :rolleyes:

want me to get my thesaurus out and find "wanker" for you?

nfitz
10-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Canada is well known for its bribery and corruption.Umm ... no it is isn't. You should travel around the world a bit.

nonc
10-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Umm ... no it is isn't. You should travel around the world a bit.

lulz, i have, it may not be corrupt and bought like a 3rd world or war zone country, but it is right up there with 1st world. most corrupt in the G7.

Redpunkfiddle
10-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Umm ... no it is isn't. You should travel around the world a bit.

Thanks- I'll slip you that $20 later.

I knew those brown paper bags would come in handy. They hold bribes and corruption real nice.

Benficachop20
10-25-2012, 08:58 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29018464.jpg

nonc
10-25-2012, 09:01 PM

hahha, not to mention all of next year! :drinking:

Fort York Redcoat
10-26-2012, 08:05 AM
hahha, not to mention all of next year! :drinking:

So far. But if you believe that you may as well say 3. That's what the contract says and we all know they are written on stone.

Fort York Redcoat
10-26-2012, 08:11 AM

Scum is reserved for scalpers and the like. Soft journalists are just lazy. On the take? And how much would that be? Quick comparison on readership numbers between the sports and the likelihood of this being a conspiracy over ineptness and laziness is not good for tinfoil makers.

There are soft journalists all over.

jabbronies
10-26-2012, 08:20 AM

You should also add "Prefers Jim Brennan's technical expertise over Bob DeClerk's"