PDA

View Full Version : 7 Games and Counting..........

giambac
07-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Okay, it's now 7 games and still counting since TFC has last won a game.

Now I don't give a shits ass about the excuses, international friendlies, we used young players or our reserves etc etc etc.

The bottom line is that the results in the last 7 games are terrible

1) TFC has not won a game in their last 7 games
2) They have lost their last 3 home games (Vancouver, Pachuca and Indepentente)
3) TFC has not won at home in their last 4 games (Include the 0-0 draw to KC)
4) TFC could not beat a weak USL team (Vancouver) in their 2 matches
5) TFC still can't win on the road
6) TFC went from being in a comfortable 2nd place position in the EAST to now being just 1 point out of last place (ahead of both KC and NY)

When did this all start? Of course it all started over a month ago in the KC game when the doorknob Carver benched his regular starters who returned from inthernational duties.

I know everyone keeps saying that I keep bringing this up. Well I've know been saying the same thing for the past month, over and over again and it's proving my point. Losing has become contagious with this team. I said it back then that every point is critical to this team especially home games because we all know that TFC can't win on the road. The KC game was the start of this spiral downwards. Carver underestimated KC and treated his regulars like kids and penalized them for playing for their international clubs and now the team just isn't the same.

The next 2 games are critical to TFC. This Saturday vs. San Jose and next Tuesday vs Montreal.

If TFC doesn't come out with the Max 3 points vs SJ you can kiss their playoffs chances good bye. SJ is the worse team in the league and I know there will still be 13 games to go but look at the schedule. TFC has the worse schedule down the road. They play 8 out of their final 13 games on the road (ouch). TFC has to get the max points on home. I just hope Carver doesn't make the same mistake.

Also a win is needed next Tuesday vs Montreal to win the CC Challenge.
If TFC loses or draws any of the next 2 games then This season will have been for naught. I say forget about all the talk about getting a striker. Sure we need a striker, but we probaly should start looking at a new coach.....

The progress TFC has made this year has not been do to Carver but rather the players Mo has brought in (Guevera, RR, Robert). Carver hasn't been able to utilize the players. Some should be asking the question how does EDU go from being Rookie of the year last season to being a pylon this year? He hasn't improved under Carver but rather gotten worse....

How long can this continue??

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 08:06 AM
*yawn* I'll get it done for you.

FIRE CARVER HE'S A USELESS PIECE OF SHIT

ACSertL
07-16-2008, 08:10 AM
What's that? I can't hear you...the sky is falling.

Fort York Redcoat
07-16-2008, 08:11 AM
rubbish. Out of the play offs? Where's the math? This isn't a popular Euro team that will fire a coach every year if they don't win everything. Your right that it's a slump.

What sweet replacement coaches did you have in mind?

Carts
07-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Some should be asking the question how does EDU go from being Rookie of the year last season to being a pylon this year? He hasn't improved under Carver but rather gotten worse....

Sophomore jinx...

Speak to 70% of professional hall of famers in almost any sport, and they'll tell you their 2nd year as a pro was shit...

It happens to almost everyone...

+ Have the last 7-games been tough to take? Yes.

+ Is it all Carver's fault? No. (we're a damn team - not one man / any man!)

Carts...

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 08:17 AM
Sophomore jinx...

Speak to 70% of professional hall of famers in almost any sport, and they'll tell you their 2nd year as a pro was shit...

Carts...

Dude, logic evades his posts past his own point. If it doesn't further his point, it doesn't count. ;)

WHITEY
07-16-2008, 08:19 AM

Now I don't give a shits ass about the excuses, international friendlies, we used young players or our reserves etc etc etc.

6) TFC went from being in a comfortable 2nd place position in the EAST to now being just 1 point out of last place (ahead of both KC and NY)

When did this all start? Of course it all started over a month ago in the KC game when the doorknob Carver benched his regular starters who returned from inthernational duties.

I know everyone keeps saying that I keep bringing this up. Well I've know been saying the same thing for the past month, over and over again and it's proving my point. Losing has become contagious with this team. I said it back then that every point is critical to this team especially home games because we all know that TFC can't win on the road. The KC game was the start of this spiral downwards. Carver underestimated KC and treated his regulars like kids and penalized them for playing for their international clubs and now the team just isn't the same.

The next 2 games are critical to TFC. This Saturday vs. San Jose and next Tuesday vs Montreal.

If TFC doesn't come out with the Max 3 points vs SJ you can kiss their playoffs chances good bye. SJ is the worse team in the league and I know there will still be 13 games to go but look at the schedule. TFC has the worse schedule down the road. They play 8 out of their final 13 games on the road (ouch). TFC has to get the max points on home. I just hope Carver doesn't make the same mistake.

If TFC loses or draws any of the next 2 games then This season will have been for naught. I say forget about all the talk about getting a striker. Sure we need a striker, but we probaly should start looking at a new coach.....

The progress TFC has made this year has not been do to Carver but rather the players Mo has brought in (Guevera, RR, Robert). Carver hasn't been able to utilize the players. Some should be asking the question how does EDU go from being Rookie of the year last season to being a pylon this year? He hasn't improved under Carver but rather gotten worse....

Dude, you need to chillax...a new coach? LOL, you need to give your head a shake! The last time I checked, the players nor the GM lay out the game plan, it is the Coach that does that. It is then upto the players to execute that game plan, not the coach nor the GM.

You keep going back to the KC match, buddy, to win a match all a team has to do is beat their opponents by one goal, that's it that's all! If the boys could not put one ball past their opponent how is that the coach's fault? It does not take a "starter" or a "superstar" to kick a ball into the net.

giambac
07-16-2008, 08:27 AM
rubbish. Out of the play offs? Where's the math? This isn't a popular Euro team that will fire a coach every year if they don't win everything. Your right that it's a slump.

That's the problem with you supporters. You want to wait until they are officaily, mathematically out of the playoffs. I said to look ath their remaining schedule 8 of the 13 remaining games will be on the road. If you think all of a sudden they will be able to turn on a switch and win their road games you are fooling yourself. Carver let the home points vs KC gaert away from him and he can't let the easy 3 points vs SJ get away.

Now what I'm hearing is that he will be starting Edwards in goal and also RR will be on the bench same as the Chicago game. This coach is insane.

giambac
07-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Sophomore jinx...

Carts...

Sure he is at fault.

You guys were the same one's 2 months ago saying Carver should run for mayor of Toronto. You guys we're planing the cup parade down Yonge street an dal of a suden when the team goes south in the satndings you are defending the coach.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Sure he is at fault.

You guys were the same one's 2 months ago saying Carver should run for mayor of Toronto. You guys we're planing the cup parade down Yonge street an dal of a suden when the team goes south in the satndings you are defending the coach.

You would be able to make a better argument if you dropped the bullshit and stuck to your points and stopped making ridiculous statements.

Do you not put any blame on our strikers not being able to score? Or our defenders making stupid mistakes? Or our midfield giving the ball away too easily? I mean, that's been our biggest problems as of late. Things that the coach doesn't control. It's called a team, not a one man show. Everyone takes blame equally.

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 08:35 AM
IIIIIIII Drink beer all dayyyyyyyyy,
drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all dayyyyyyyy

Oh sorry, what was this thread about?

Daveisonfire
07-16-2008, 08:38 AM

So first of all you discount the excuse that we played young reserve players, and then use it as your main arguement??:rolleyes::D

pekduck
07-16-2008, 08:56 AM
^

critical thinking or introduction to logics should be mandatory courses in all universities in canada...

Damien
07-16-2008, 09:01 AM
It's damn near impossible to dominate this league with the salary cap. There's too much parity.

Pachuco
07-16-2008, 09:02 AM
^

critical thinking or introduction to logics should be mandatory courses in all universities in canada...

I'm pretty sure he didn't make it past elementary school!

pekduck
07-16-2008, 09:07 AM
^
ehmmm.. should make those two courses mandatory for the parents of elementary school kids...

what a scary thought, my folks will fail miserably.. lol

Northern Soul
07-16-2008, 09:09 AM

To quote a line from my favourite band....

"What's the matter with you? Sing me something new."

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Another "positive" thread from giambac. :rolleyes: What a pleasant surprise!

Carver has the respect of the players. Sir Bobby thought very highly of him. But noooo.... giambiac knows better than professional footballers. :p

That's the problem with you supporters.It's official. You don't count yourself as a supporter, then. Go back to cheering for the Leafs/Jays.

By the way, giambac, Carver didn't coach the Independiente match. Chris Cummings did.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 09:17 AM

Knowing Giambac, he's got a lead on a top Italian coach who will make this club MLS champs within months.:rolleyes:

koryo
07-16-2008, 09:18 AM

That Giam won't be happy until every player and coaching staff member is Italian.

pekduck
07-16-2008, 09:19 AM
look at the positives, at least giambac is providing entertainment value on a rather null work day

giambac
07-16-2008, 09:21 AM
You would be able to make a better argument if you dropped the bullshit and stuck to your points and stopped making ridiculous statements.

Do you not put any blame on our strikers not being able to score? Or our defenders making stupid mistakes? Or our midfield giving the ball away too easily? I mean, that's been our biggest problems as of late. Things that the coach doesn't control. It's called a team, not a one man show. Everyone takes blame equally.

Sure I blame everyone. however prior to the KC game the team was firing on all cylinders. How do you explain that. All of a sudden it has changed . Maybe the players have tuned out on the coach. You treat them like kids, they will act and play like kids.

An don't give me the crap that it's things the coach can't control. It works both ways. Everyone was saying how GREAT CARVER was when the team was winning. He was getting all the praise and now that the team is doing shit no one wants to give him any of the blame.. LIke I said previously, there is a reason why he is no longer a coach in England. He isn't qualified.

It's just like players in their prime. The better players in the world are playing in Europe and SA. They will not come over to the MLS unless they are old and close to retirement. Same applies to Coaches and Carver had no future elsewhere so he made his way over here.

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 09:21 AM
That Giam won't be happy until every player and coaching staff member is Italian.

We aren't the Italian National Team, sorry about that.

EVERYBODY NOW!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all dayyyyyyyyyy

:D

koryo
07-16-2008, 09:22 AM
We aren't the Italian National Team, sorry about that.

EVERYBODY NOW!

drink beer all day
drink beer all day

I'll find a way to soldier on then.

Drink beer all day... that'd about do it right now

Parkdale
07-16-2008, 09:23 AM

drinking beer all day.

Daveisonfire
07-16-2008, 09:25 AM
drinking beer all day.

Woops, I thought it was about whine:noidea:;)

giambac
07-16-2008, 09:26 AM
To quote a line from my favourite band....

"What's the matter with you? Sing me something new."

I will sing you something new when the team does something new. They have been doing the same thing over and over again for the pastt 7 games and that is losing. I started this bickering 7 games ago after the KC game and have continued. Nothing has changed from me becasue the team as I said would suffer becasue of that game. The results prove my point. What do you have to prove your point? Let me guess you belive they will win their next 6 road games???????

woolly
07-16-2008, 09:28 AM
The obvious point that is missing to our friend here, is that if we can't win on the road, then the extra 2 point from KC won't mean a damn thing.

Wasn't that his original post (too lazy to look) " If they are out of the playoffs by 2 point, you can look back at this game"

We will either be in the playoffs, or out by a million miles. And Carver will still be our coach assuming he wants the job.

drink beer all day
drink beer all day

I wish.

giambac
07-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Knowing Giambac, he's got a lead on a top Italian coach who will make this club MLS champs within months.:rolleyes:

Actually I never thought about that but it isn't a bad idea. However, that would be to costly for the team.

I got a better idea. How about the borrow the coach from my daughters soccer team. I'm sure he can't be anyworse than Carver and the team would save some $$$$$:rolleyes:

Carts
07-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Dude, logic evades his posts past his own point. If it doesn't further his point, it doesn't count. ;)

QFT!

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 09:30 AM
drinking beer all day.

Excellent

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all dayyyyyyyyy

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Sure I blame everyone. however prior to the KC game the team was firing on all cylinders. How do you explain that. All of a sudden it has changed . Maybe the players have tuned out on the coach. You treat them like kids, they will act and play like kids.

An don't give me the crap that it's things the coach can't control. It works both ways. Everyone was saying how GREAT CARVER was when the team was winning. He was getting all the praise and now that the team is doing shit no one wants to give him any of the blame.. LIke I said previously, there is a reason why he is no longer a coach in England. He isn't qualified.

It's just like players in their prime. The better players in the world are playing in Europe and SA. They will not come over to the MLS unless they are old and close to retirement. Same applies to Coaches and Carver had no future elsewhere so he made his way over here.

Sure Carver gets some of the blame, but not enough to be fired over. He has improved our team greatly in terms of on field tactics. If you can't see that you're fucking daft. Last year we played kick and run, this year we're building plays from the back, down the wing, etc. The tactics are in place, the players aren't cutting it.

Teams go into slumps, it happens. Ask Houston how they felt for the first 3 months last year when they were the bottom of the table. What happened to them? Oh right.. they went on to win the MLS Cup.

By the way, how is rewarding players who are playing well.. treating them like kids? I fail to see the logic in that statement.

Daveisonfire
07-16-2008, 09:35 AM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/Locke2007/Funny%20Pictures/spock-illogical.png

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Actually I never thought about that but it isn't a bad idea. However, that would be to costly for the team.

I got a better idea. How about the borrow the coach from my daughters soccer team. I'm sure he can't be anyworse than Carver and the team would save some $$$$$:rolleyes:

Right, because a totally inexperienced coach with no idea how to handle players with ego's and bad attitudes is the right way to go.

Get a grip man, you lost the plot before the KC game.

Flipityflu
07-16-2008, 09:39 AM
if you replace the coach every time there is a bad patch, you will never get anywhere. it isn't fun, but you have to ride it out. the international callups last month has seemed to taken the steam out a bit though. getting two good results in the next week is important, so we agree there.

the away record is key though. that does have to change.

Tyler Durden
07-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Do you not put any blame on our strikers not being able to score? Or our defenders making stupid mistakes? Or our midfield giving the ball away too easily?

Dichio being our leading scorer for the second year is enough proof that we have a horrid attack......Defenders have been great at times and shite at key times (still think Marshall shouldnt be on the team).....Midfielders are either on or way off.....Robinson has been the most improved player from last year and Edu has been the dud this year, so far....Ricketts and Robert are a lot alike in the sense that their either in the game or not seen at all......

Its a bad time for a slump, but we cant discount the fact that we know we can compete with the top teams on any given day....

So it all starts again with San Jose on Saturday.......C'MON YOU REDS!!!!

reggie
07-16-2008, 09:41 AM
we can't get rid of carver,who else is going to sign players.
wtf is mo doing?

Pachuco
07-16-2008, 09:47 AM
They play 8 out of their final 13 games on the road (ouch). TFC has to get the max points on home. I just hope Carver doesn't make the same mistake.

WRONG! They have 16 games left and they play 8 away and 8 at home. They play 8 of their final 14 games on the road. Stop talking out of your ass. I bet I could tare apart everything you've said as not being fact but I don't have the time to listen to this crying anymore.

Daveisonfire
07-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Dude, I can't even start to imagine what your threads were like last year...

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 09:49 AM
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all dayyyyyyyyy

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 09:51 AM
LIke I said previously, there is a reason why he is no longer a coach in England. He isn't qualified.

According to your logic:

Jim Brennan is not qualified because he doesn't play in Europe (even though he plays on the national team).
Dichio is not qualified because he doesn't play in Europe.
Guevara is not qualified because he doesn't play in Europe (even though he plays on his national team).

or on other teams:

David Beckham is not qualified because he doesn't play in Europe (even though he plays on his national team)
Blanco is not qualified because he doesn't play in Europe.
Landycakes is not qualified because he doesn't play in Europe (even though he plays on his national team).

Carver had his options in England when Luton went bankrupt. He himself said so. He chose TFC for the challenge, and because Paul Winsper urged him to consider Toronto. We should consider ourselves fortunate.

Go back to watching Serie A. It's a higher level of football, and you won't have to worry about frustrations because the matches are decided beforehand.

Parkdale
07-16-2008, 09:52 AM
you know what's going to happen?

We're going to beat montreal, win the canada cup, and the team will be on a high note for the next little while. They will ride that momentum into a playoff spot.

think positive.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 09:53 AM
you know what's going to happen?

We're going to beat montreal, win the canada cup, and the team will be on a high note for the next little while. They will ride that momentum into a playoff spot.

think positive.

giambac will then be quiet until the next loss.

Maple Leaf Red
07-16-2008, 10:00 AM
the stress will eat a hole through giambac's stomach if this thread is any indication to how he deals with things in life

"What do you mean dinner isn't ready!?!?! I WANT A DIVORCE!!"

"What do you mean I have to work late?!?!?! I QUIT!!"

"What do you mean you don't have school today!??!?! I WANT YOU OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU LAZY LAYABOUT!!"

djking2
07-16-2008, 10:03 AM
I will sing you something new when the team does something new. They have been doing the same thing over and over again for the pastt 7 games and that is losing. I started this bickering 7 games ago after the KC game and have continued. Nothing has changed.....

Actually there's been nothing but change since the draw against KC. 3-5-2, Ibee, Cunny benched and another draw (Van) at home. Not to mention a very competitive showing against the best team in the MLS.

Finally I've seen a lot of comment about the refs in the Chicago game all centered on the two yellows for diving. The worst blown call was the foul they missed on Guevara by Blanco that led to the first goal. Check the game film. If they had got that right who knows what happens.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-16-2008, 10:04 AM
I will post the excuse because it is valid. We haven't been able to gel because of the International duties and the friendlies. I'm glad were playing San Jose on Saturday because they are a weaker team and our starting 11 will have one game to get back on the same page before the VERY important Montreal game on Tuesday. I'm not happy we are on a losing streak like this, but you do have to consider the variables.

And let's go Edwards. He looked really good yesterday again.

Maple Leaf Red
07-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Guys, arguing against Giambac's end of days pronouncements is like trying to stop the tide from coming in. Better to let him vent and ignore his threads.

giambac
07-16-2008, 10:06 AM
WRONG! They have 16 games left and they play 8 away and 8 at home. They play 8 of their final 14 games on the road. Stop talking out of your ass. I bet I could tare apart everything you've said as not being fact but I don't have the time to listen to this crying anymore.

Dude you are wrong again.

I said after the SJ game their are 13 games left. That's why they have to beat SJ and get the 3 points.
After the SJ game the schedule is tough. There are 13 remaining season games and 8 of the 13 are on the road where TFC can't win or even tie for that matter.

I belive your calcaulations are wrong and inflated becasue your counting the Montreal game. I was just talking about regular season games.

James Oliphant
07-16-2008, 10:07 AM
http://lauramartinez.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/cheese.jpg

That'll go nicely with this thread.

giambac
07-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Sure Carver gets some of the blame, but not enough to be fired over. He has improved our team greatly in terms of on field tactics. If you can't see that you're fucking daft. Last year we played kick and run, this year we're building plays from the back, down the wing, etc. The tactics are in place, the players aren't cutting it.

Teams go into slumps, it happens. Ask Houston how they felt for the first 3 months last year when they were the bottom of the table. What happened to them? Oh right.. they went on to win the MLS Cup.

By the way, how is rewarding players who are playing well.. treating them like kids? I fail to see the logic in that statement.

Okay now your flip flopping like the others. In your previous comment you said you can't blame Carver for the players. The fact that the strikers are shit, the fact that the defence makes constant mental mistakes and breaks down etc etc etc. Now your saying that Carver has improved the team greatly in terms of field tactics. What is it? Your flip flopping here like most supporters. It's a contradiction.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 10:13 AM
really, giambac, for your own sanity, you need to choose another sport. Footy will make your nerves get shot.

giambac
07-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Actually there's been nothing but change since the draw against KC. 3-5-2, Ibee, Cunny benched and another draw (Van) at home. Not to mention a very competitive showing against the best team in the MLS.

Finally I've seen a lot of comment about the refs in the Chicago game all centered on the two yellows for diving. The worst blown call was the foul they missed on Guevara by Blanco that led to the first goal. Check the game film. If they had got that right who knows what happens.

C'mon,

I hear excuse about the ref, I hear excuses about the weather, I hear excuses about the games don't count (their just international friendlies). Please no more excuses. The team has been playing shit and the coach is responsible for the way the team plays. The shouldn't be having mental breakdowns in the last minute of a game or in the first few minutes of a game (Chicago game). They aren't menatlly prepared and the coach is responsible for that

tfc_4_ever
07-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Woops, I thought it was about whine:noidea:;)

Clever very Clever

giambac
07-16-2008, 10:17 AM
http://lauramartinez.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/cheese.jpg

That'll go nicely with this thread.

Fuck that looks good.

Thank God it's almost lunch time.

rocker
07-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Dude you are wrong again.

I said after the SJ game their are 13 games left.

There are 14 games left after SJ, not 13, 6 at home, 8 on the road.

But of the final 8, 4 are at home, 4 are on the road (1 of the road games is against lowly San jose).

Stugatzo
07-16-2008, 10:18 AM
about the closest i get to agreeing with anything you said (not counting the math which technically is accurate) is that Carver's pissing around with the lineups is both infuriating and bizarr-o. I still have faith in his ability and I love his passion so I believe that he's experimenting for good reason. But mid-season experimentation?? Gah!! The lineup in Chicago was fucked up although it almost garnered us a point.
We particularly need to get the defensive line firmed and practicing how to hold their lines.

Ratven
07-16-2008, 10:18 AM
I think Giambac should lead a protest by setting himself on fire.

Cambridge_Red
07-16-2008, 10:22 AM
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Rage-Against-The-Machine---Burning-Monk-Poster-C10291118.jpeg

giambac
07-16-2008, 10:23 AM
According to your logic:

Jim Brennan is not qualified because he doesn't play in Europe (even though he plays on the national team).
Dichio is not qualified because he doesn't play in Europe.
Guevara is not qualified because he doesn't play in Europe (even though he plays on his national team).

or on other teams:

David Beckham is not qualified because he doesn't play in Europe (even though he plays on his national team)
Blanco is not qualified because he doesn't play in Europe.
Landycakes is not qualified because he doesn't play in Europe (even though he plays on his national team).

Carver had his options in England when Luton went bankrupt. He himself said so. He chose TFC for the challenge, and because Paul Winsper urged him to consider Toronto. We should consider ourselves fortunate.

Go back to watching Serie A. It's a higher level of football, and you won't have to worry about frustrations because the matches are decided beforehand.

I sai dthe bets players, the most skilled palyers andd players still in their prime play in Europe and SA. They only come to the MLS at the ned of their careers when they have no more interest in the othe rleagues

Beckham sucks and that's why he has done nothing here. He was actually taken off the English side because he was getting old and slow. He is back on the team beacuse the team sucks (i.e didn't qulaify for the Euro's)

Blanco is old and slow and will retire in a few years.
Dicchio is worse tahn old and slow. The onlyteam he could paly for in Europe would be a division 5 team or in the beach football league.

Landycakes is an American and it doesn't take much to make the American team (i.e EDU). He would never make a European or Sa national team.

Coaches are the same as players. Maybe Carver could coach a 5th lebvel team or a team in the beach leagues in Europe. That's why he came over here and recently he has ben smelling out the joint.

Parkdale
07-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Okay now your flip flopping like the others. In your previous comment you said you can't blame Carver for the players. The fact that the strikers are shit, the fact that the defence makes constant mental mistakes and breaks down etc etc etc. Now your saying that Carver has improved the team greatly in terms of field tactics. What is it? Your flip flopping here like most supporters. It's a contradiction.

not really. Shags said that we're way better than before (which we are) but we're still far from perfect. Mistakes will still be made, but on the whole, we are a way better team because of Carver (and Winsper's) work.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Coaches are the same as players. Maybe Carver could coach a 5th lebvel team or a team in the beach leagues in Europe. That's why he came over here and recently he has ben smelling out the joint.

If coaches that come to MLS are second rate, then we have nothing to fear, because not only is supposedly our coach second rate, but the coaches of all the teams we play against are also second rate. So we're not at a disadvantage.

Logic...

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 10:30 AM

Pardon? Re-read what I said before you go making bold statements chico.

You can't blame Carver for the players inability to fulfill their role on the pitch.

Yes, Carver HAS greatly improved our tactics and that has nothing to do with how the players play. That's tactics, strategies if you will. They dont' affect players individual performances but if the players play their roles, the tactics will prove their worth.

Get a clue.

giambac
07-16-2008, 10:34 AM
If coaches that come to MLS are second rate, then we have nothing to fear, because not only is supposedly our coach second rate, but the coaches of all the teams we play against are also second rate. So we're not at a disadvantage.

Logic...

Your logic is correct and I agree.
The only difference is that the othe rcoaches let their top players play.
Carver on the other hand palys all these mind games and continously changes his starting lineups. Eventually he will lose the confidence of the playerss and I believe this is starting to show. Like I said he treats them like kids. It's almost like he wants them to think of him like a dictator and its his way or no way.

I mean why wasn't RR playing vs Chicago. Why has he said that he will go with the same lineup vs SJ?

Now I'm starting to realize why at the beginning of the season even Mo was sen on the sidelines given advice to the coach and players. I think even Mo realizes that Carver lacks in certain areas. Maybe it's time to bring Mo back on the sidelines with Carver. Mo can fill out the lineup card while Carver holds the water bottle for the players.

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 10:34 AM

Guys, many of yous are totally missing his point here. And I'm not singling you out Shaughno, this is just a statement that I'm using for an example. Anyways, point being, and I'm sure the lot of you agree with this too is that no matter what, our best 11 MUST be on the field at all times, regardless of International call up. If Carver has a problem with conflicts, take it up with MLS scheduling, NOT your own players (who often get criticised for only p laying club soccer since that is where the money is).

I think many of you are just dismissing the post due to who made it. Yes giambac is a little extreme at times, but with this much skill on the team, I also believe that there is really no excuse for not winning in 7 (or 6 coached by Carver). If you want to drink beer all day, great go nuts, I probably do too, but let's stay on the topic at hand here, which is quite a valid one.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 10:36 AM
I sai dthe bets players, the most skilled palyers andd players still in their prime play in Europe and SA. They only come to the MLS at the ned of their careers when they have no more interest in the othe rleagues

Beckham sucks and that's why he has done nothing here. He was actually taken off the English side because he was getting old and slow. He is back on the team beacuse the team sucks (i.e didn't qulaify for the Euro's)

Blanco is old and slow and will retire in a few years.
Dicchio is worse tahn old and slow. The onlyteam he could paly for in Europe would be a division 5 team or in the beach football league.

Landycakes is an American and it doesn't take much to make the American team (i.e EDU). He would never make a European or Sa national team.

Have you forgotten what league we play in? Honestly?

This is the MLS, it's not La Liga or the EPL or Serie A.

Beckham sucks eh? That's why he went from arguably one of the most talented teams in the world... to come here for an insane amount of money. You realize he revitalized Real Madrid's season before he left right? Carrying them to a champship!

Blanco may be old and slow, but he's dominating every game he plays in.

I hate Landycakes as much as the next guy but guess what? HE DID MAKE A EUROPEAN TEAM. Now, he didn't last long but that's because he's a pussy and couldn't handle being a loner in a foreign country.. and he really isn't that good.

Carver is one of the better coaches in the league, regardless of where he stacks up in Europe. Is this Europe? Why does it matter how they stack up in Europe if we play in the USA?

Your arguments are getting worse and worse in terms of making a point. It's just become incessant bitching, but it's not a suprise when you're fighting a battle on your own... a battle you can't win because you have no ammo to back yourself up.

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Maybe it's time to bring Mo back on the sidelines with Carver. Mo can fill out the lineup card while Carver holds the water bottle for the players.

Now you're losing it a little, bud. Mo is not a coach....he proved that last year. He is better suited as GM, no doubt.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
The thing is, the idea that the players are playing poorly is due to some of them not starting after international call-ups is just a theory.

You could justly say that we lost one particular game if Carver played other than our best available. You can't extend that to subsequent matches where he DOES play our best 11, unless there is some evidence (e.g. discord in the dressing room). It's just a blind guess that that's the cause. For all we know, it could be the weather (TFC has historically played worse in warmer weather) or some other cause.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Your logic is correct and I agree.
The only difference is that the othe rcoaches let their top players play.
Carver on the other hand palys all these mind games and continously changes his starting lineups. Eventually he will lose the confidence of the playerss and I believe this is starting to show. Like I said he treats them like kids. It's almost like he wants them to think of him like a dictator and its his way or no way.

I mean why wasn't RR playing vs Chicago. Why has he said that he will go with the same lineup vs SJ?

Now I'm starting to realize why at the beginning of the season even Mo was sen on the sidelines given advice to the coach and players. I think even Mo realizes that Carver lacks in certain areas. Maybe it's time to bring Mo back on the sidelines with Carver. Mo can fill out the lineup card while Carver holds the water bottle for the players.

Hey, I've never disagreed that we shouldn't be playing our best players all the time. In the same respect, players get tired or pick up knocks that you don't hear about. You can't just assume he's sitting people just for the sake of sitting people. Rewarding players isn't treating them like kids, it's motivation. It gives them a reason to perform well.

Ask Alex Ferguson what he does when someone isn't performing. He sits them, give the kids a chance and make the starter earn his spot. Force him to play better than he was. It's pretty simple logic and it flies right over your head. As much as we would like it to be true, you can not play your best XI every single game!

You want the best lineup against the shitty teams so we don't lose points, yet you want the best line up against the top teams so we can steal points from them. When do the players get a rest?

Your last paragraph is an absolute joke. Yeah, let's let Mo run it from the sidelines so we can go back to kick and run and end up in the same position as last year. :rolleyes:

giambac
07-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Guys, many of yous are totally missing his point here. And I'm not singling you out Shaughno, this is just a statement that I'm using for an example. Anyways, point being, and I'm sure the lot of you agree with this too is that no matter what, our best 11 MUST be on the field at all times, regardless of International call up. If Carver has a problem with conflicts, take it up with MLS scheduling, NOT your own players (who often get criticised for only p laying club soccer since that is where the money is).

I think many of you are just dismissing the post due to who made it. Yes giambac is a little extreme at times, but with this much skill on the team, I also believe that there is really no excuse for not winning in 7 (or 6 coached by Carver). If you want to drink beer all day, great go nuts, I probably do too, but let's stay on the topic at hand here, which is quite a valid one.

Finally some one who has reason.
Sure I'm extreme because I hate this losing. Especially after our start. Like I said we were in a comfortable 2nd place in our divison and 3rd overall in the league. Now we haven't won in 7 games and there is ABSOLUTLY NO EXCUSE FOR IT. Look at where we are now. 1 point out of last place.

This is the issue at hand not drinking beer. I'm pissed and I'm pissed at Carver because as TFC Tifiso says if we used our best 11 players we wouldn't be in this position.

I have no problems in using reserves vs Pachuca and Indepente but not against KC, Chicago and Vancouver games which count.

Like I said we are one point out of last and we have to rely on our last CC game vs Montreal to qualify for the Concacef tourney. There is no excuse for this, yet everyone goes about as if everything is okay.:noidea: Fuck Montreal beat Vancouver in their 2 games and we manage 1 out of 6 points????? C'mon wake up:eek:

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Dude, who's said everything is OK? I do not believe I have seen a single person EVER say that.

Please refer to my above post on playing the best XI.

Ps. the more you bold the less likely I am to read it :D

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm pissed and I'm pissed at Carver because as TFC Tifiso says if we used our best 11 players we wouldn't be in this position.

You don't know that. You're just guessing that's the reason.

giambac
07-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey, I've never disagreed that we shouldn't be playing our best players all the time. In the same respect, players get tired or pick up knocks that you don't hear about. You can't just assume he's sitting people just for the sake of sitting people. Rewarding players isn't treating them like kids, it's motivation. It gives them a reason to perform well.

Ask Alex Ferguson what he does when someone isn't performing. He sits them, give the kids a chance and make the starter earn his spot. Force him to play better than he was. It's pretty simple logic and it flies right over your head. As much as we would like it to be true, you can not play your best XI every single game!

You want the best lineup against the shitty teams so we don't lose points, yet you want the best line up against the top teams so we can steal points from them. When do the players get a rest?

Your last paragraph is an absolute joke. Yeah, let's let Mo run it from the sidelines so we can go back to kick and run and end up in the same position as last year. :rolleyes:

Who is Alex Ferguson. was he a crickett player?

giambac
07-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Now you're losing it a little, bud. Mo is not a coach....he proved that last year. He is better suited as GM, no doubt.

Okay now you have to realize that I was being a bit sarcastic there. I maybe extreme in my comments but some of them should be taken as not being seriously.;)

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Okay now you have to realize that I was being a bit sarcastic there. I maybe extreme in my comments but some of them should be taken as not being seriously.;)

When you bold points, people are going to think it's you making a strong point. :rolleyes:

Alex Ferguson, google the name. Let's just say he's accomplished a few things.

giambac
07-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Dude, who's said everything is OK? I do not believe I have seen a single person EVER say that.

Please refer to my above post on playing the best XI.

Ps. the more you bold the less likely I am to read it :D

Am i being bold in my comments. I'm sorry I didn't mean to be bold.:confused:

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Alex Ferguson, google the name. Let's just say he's accomplished a few things.

He can't be any good, he's not Italian. :p

Besides, he did the stupid moronic thing of benching Ronaldo and Rooney last season and not playing his best 11 for one game. You can see the results for yourself (oops CL winners, anyone?).

ACSertL
07-16-2008, 10:59 AM
I think Giambac should lead a protest by setting himself on fire.

For more on this please see Ricky Gervais: Politics, it will also go a long way to lightening things up on this board. :)

Shaughno, you haven't put a foot wrong in here today!

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 11:08 AM

Besides, he did the stupid moronic thing of benching Ronaldo and Rooney last season and not playing his best 11 for one game. You can see the results for yourself (oops CL winners, anyone?).

wow, for real? If Ferguson rests Rooney and Ronaldo, they have people who can adequately fill in, after all Manchester Uniited is the top of the EPL. If TFC benches Guevara and Robert say, they are considerably worse off.......there's a big difference in the two, you see? TFC is further from the class of MLS (NE and Houston IMO) even with their best 11 playing.

Smenge
07-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Obviously, there are times when players have ailments/injuries, and need a day off. It is unlikely Carver, or any pro manager, will give details to the press, and opposing teams. Anytime and older player competes more than one game per week, the chance for injury increases. If you want to blame Carver for anything, perhaps it would be best to focus on his failing to implement more defensive tactics in road games particularly when the team has a chance for a draw.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 11:14 AM
wow, for real? If Ferguson rests Rooney and Ronaldo, they have people who can adequately fill in, after all Manchester Uniited is the top of the EPL. If TFC benches Guevara and Robert say, they are considerably worse off.......there's a big difference in the two, you see? TFC is further from the class of MLS (NE and Houston IMO) even with their best 11 playing.

Still, the difference in talent between Rooney/Ronaldo to Fletcher/O'Shea is comparable to that of Robert/Guevara to Smith/Dunivant for example.

GabrielHurl
07-16-2008, 11:14 AM
again With This??????

GabrielHurl
07-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Jay - I really don't know how you can be bothered responding to this.

You deserve a http://forum.football365.com/images/smiley_icons/5.gif

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 11:16 AM
^^ Yes, he doesn't give up. :D What he doesn't realize is that I am more stubborn than he could ever wish to be AND I include logic in my rebuttle's. ;) :lol:

Hooligan69
07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
And yet we are still undefeated at home in league play, a streak that started with Dichio's miracle strike to draw 2-2 with New England at the end of last season.

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Still, the difference in talent between Rooney/Ronaldo to Fletcher/O'Shea is comparable to that of Robert/Guevara to Smith/Dunivant for example.

This much is true, but Manchester United has a better supporting cast all around. The skill level significantly drops on TFC after Guevara and Robert IMO.

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 11:25 AM
And Again

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all dayyyyyyyyyyyyy

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 11:50 AM
So does anybody have anything else productive to add to the conversation? I think this is a topic of concern, although not to the extreme we've seen here.

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 11:51 AM
People need to chill out. Teams go through slumps. Does it mean we should all hop on the "fire Carven" wagon. Fuck no. Lighten up. We'll get through this. It's not the end of the world.

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 11:55 AM
No we shouldn't, Carver has done well for sure this year (better than Mo anyways), but Carver should also realize that there is a difference between acting like an ass on the training ground (for example) and representing your country. That game against KC could very well be the difference between playoffs and being able to drink beer all day sooner than expected.

GabrielHurl
07-16-2008, 11:56 AM
What examples are there of Carver being an ass on the training ground?

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 11:56 AM
That game against KC could very well be the difference between playoffs and being able to drink beer all day sooner than expected.

Well it's over and done with. What are we going to do about it now? No use sitting around bitching about what "should" have happened. Let's move on.

Laurignano
07-16-2008, 11:57 AM
*sigh....

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 12:08 PM
What examples are there of Carver being an ass on the training ground?

Oh, sorry I should've specified...I wasn't refering to Carver. I was talking about a player being an ass on the training ground (thus giving a reason for Carver to bench him) I was just using an example of a good reason to bench a player (as opposed to missing a game due to International duty).

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Well it's over and done with. What are we going to do about it now? No use sitting around bitching about what "should" have happened. Let's move on.

Fair enough. Just what bothered me was the "no worries, everything is ok" attitude from some. Personally, since TFC have made the player upgrades, the honeymoon is over for me, and I want results from this team....not a 7 game winless streak, especially again teams TFC seemingly should've eaten for lunch (KC & Vancouver twice). Just making my voice heard, I guess....I view this forum as an extension of a conversation we could have in a pub, so I like to use it as such.

Kickit09
07-16-2008, 12:19 PM
this is the team i remember from last year

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 12:20 PM
^^ Agreed, I am all for intelligent discussion on the team and tactics. The problem is the way every single thread he makes turns it into a completely different direction because of the way he posts.

Do I think we're in a better position than last year? Hell yeah.
Am I satisfied with this season so far? Hell no. We could and should be doing much better. Thing is, there's more than just Carver to blame for our standing in the league right now.

Northern Soul
07-16-2008, 12:22 PM
I will sing you something new when the team does something new. They have been doing the same thing over and over again for the pastt 7 games and that is losing. I started this bickering 7 games ago after the KC game and have continued. Nothing has changed from me becasue the team as I said would suffer becasue of that game. The results prove my point. What do you have to prove your point? Let me guess you belive they will win their next 6 road games???????

No you won't. As soon as we lose another match (and yes, teams do lose matches) you'll be back with your anti-Carver posting. Question for you - who would be a good coach for us? Name a person.

And...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all dayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 12:24 PM
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII smoke weed all day
smoke weed all day
smoke weed all day
smoke weed all dayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Fixed :D:stogey:

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 12:27 PM
The problem is the sickening negativity, not discussions about tactics. I cannot remember one positive thread giambac has started (correct me if I'm wrong). There are certain individuals who wait until a player messes up, then post a thread with the player's name saying he should be cut. Doesn't matter how good they played until then.

Same thing applies to Carver. It's inevitable for any team to go through a losing streak, no matter how good they are (e.g. DC at the start of almost any season). The kneejerk reaction to say "fire (whoever)" is NOT support.

Sometimes there are situations to call for someone's head (the inumerable Welshy threads last year come to mind). However, almost every player on TFC has had a negative thread about them. It's time to do more thoughtful analysis instead of automatically calling for someone's head.

For example, TFC has tended to do poorly in hot weather. This may be due to living in a northern climate. Just saying "fire Carver" if the team goes through a slump is stupid.

Now, how about some thoughtful analysis as to why we can't win on the road. Is it that we're a turf team? Is it the travel? Is it the lack of enough RPBs and others on away trips? Is it that our opponents play differently at BMO than on their own home turfs? That's worth discussing.

invictusTFC
07-16-2008, 12:29 PM
I can't believe people are including the International Friendlies in this loosing streak. This team played with their bench players and still managed a respectable result. FFS, we played Independiente and lost 1-0. WTF is wrong with that. We were robbed in Chicago and Carver was hand-cuffed with some injuries. The only truly disappointing games during this skid was the KC game and the first Whitecaps game at BMO. The team played like shite. The international fixtures are what screwed up this teams momentum. How can any team not struggle to cope with the absence of up to as many as 6 strarters. Furthermore, as far as the friendlies go, who in their right mind would risk loosing anymore starters to injury by playing them in a meaningless friendly when they have 2 big games coming up? Do I have to remind everyone about the Aston Villa match last season and what that did to our team?

MadMike
07-16-2008, 12:29 PM
We don't even have a set starting 11. It always changes.....whos fault is that????
I think the team has it too good to quickly. Toronto is a sports mad city, we bigged this team up from day one. There too cocky....image is not everything , where is the substance ?????

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Exactly, thank you OldTimer for taking the time to write what I was too lazy to. :D

giambac
07-16-2008, 12:33 PM

And what are the effects of this????

RONALDO WANTS OUT and soon will be gone.

In the same way Guevera will get tired of Carvers kid games and he will also be asked to be traded.

Capiche????

GabrielHurl
07-16-2008, 12:34 PM
We don't even have a set starting 11. It always changes.....whos fault is that????

The players who get injured / called up to International duty?

GabrielHurl
07-16-2008, 12:36 PM

In the same way Guevera will get tired of Carvers kid games and he will also be asked to be traded.

Capiche????

FFS - stick a fork in this thread - it's done

MadMike
07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
We can't play on real grass !!! is that the problem. I don't think heat has anything to do with it. It's damn hot here these days .... so what now we can't even win here ? is that what you saying? We need a set line up , and get them to finally gel together. Get rid of Edu (while we can) , Marshall , Cunningham (although it would be nice to see him his 100 here), and Harmse (seems like he would rather play hockey anyway) !!!

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 12:39 PM

Capiche????

Dude, you obviously don't follow the EPL very well. The effects of him getting benched was him ending up as the LEADING SCORER IN THE EPL... AS A FUCKING MIDFIELDER.

Ronaldo wants out because he has always wanted to play in Spain and Real Madrid have shown an insane amount of interest in him.

ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION TO YOUR ARGUMENT AT ALL. :rolleyes:

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 12:51 PM
We can't play on real grass !!! is that the problem. I don't think heat has anything to do with it. It's damn hot here these days .... so what now we can't even win here ? is that what you saying? We need a set line up , and get them to finally gel together. Get rid of Edu (while we can) , Marshall , Cunningham (although it would be nice to see him his 100 here), and Harmse (seems like he would rather play hockey anyway) !!!

exactly the sort of kneejerk response I was referring to. I haven't seen any positive posts from you, MadMike, either. Do you just wait until something goes wrong, then post?

giambac
07-16-2008, 12:53 PM
The problem is the sickening negativity, not discussions about tactics. I cannot remember one positive thread giambac has started (correct me if I'm wrong). There are certain individuals who wait until a player messes up, then post a thread with the player's name saying he should be cut. Doesn't matter how good they played until then.

Same thing applies to Carver. It's inevitable for any team to go through a losing streak, no matter how good they are (e.g. DC at the start of almost any season). The kneejerk reaction to say "fire (whoever)" is NOT support.

Sometimes there are situations to call for someone's head (the inumerable Welshy threads last year come to mind). However, almost every player on TFC has had a negative thread about them. It's time to do more thoughtful analysis instead of automatically calling for someone's head.

For example, TFC has tended to do poorly in hot weather. This may be due to living in a northern climate. Just saying "fire Carver" if the team goes through a slump is stupid.

Now, how about some thoughtful analysis as to why we can't win on the road. Is it that we're a turf team? Is it the travel? Is it the lack of enough RPBs and others on away trips? Is it that our opponents play differently at BMO than on their own home turfs? That's worth discussing.

Okay this will be the final comment I make on this comment.

I will spell it ouit plain and simple for you. Easy math so that all of you can understand.
You call what TFC is going thru as a slump and my reaction as being a kneejerk reaction.

Catch your breath, here we go

TFC plays a TOTAL of 36 games (count them - 30 regular, 2 international friendlies and 4 CCGames) in the season.

1)TFC has not won a game in their past 7 games. Simple math (i'm keeping it simple for you) 7/36 is 19.44%. TFC has not won agame in their last 19.44% of total games to be played this year (ounch!)

2)of the last 7 games played TFC has managed to earn just 2 draws and 5 losses. If each game is worth 3 points, TFC has earned 2 out of a possible 21 points. Simple math (i'm keeping it simple for you) shows that they have earned just 2/21 9.5% of the total posiible points availabe (ouch!)

You call this a slump?
You call this a kneejerk reaction from me?
You call this acceptable?
This isn't cause for concern?

Fuck this sucks in any sport in any league in the world (even by baseball standards where a .250 average is considered good).

My friend this isn't a slump. A slump is 2-3 games. 2 out of a possible 21 points isn't a slump.

After the game vs SJ they play 8 of 13 on the road. Where is the light at the end of the tunnel?

Know one (except a few TFC Tifiso) looks at the numbers and the schedule. They just look at excuses i.e it was a friendly match, the players are tired from their international matches, the weather was bad, the ref's fucked up, etc etc etcetc.

Stop with the excuses and look at what has and continues to happen. This team has been going south and the coach hasn't been able to stop the slide.

Was it not Carver who said himself " I go in with the intention of winning every game and will field the best team each game in attempts to win each game."

How many games have they won??????????

giambac
07-16-2008, 12:55 PM
this is the team i remember from last year

I agree. At this point this team is now starting to resemble last years team and that's why something has to be done.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 12:56 PM
I agree. At this point this team is now starting to resemble last years team and that's why something has to be done.

Stupid (the comment, not you personally).

Last year the team couldn't score a goal. We're scoring this year. How is that the same? You could equally say TFC resembles DC earler this year.

GabrielHurl
07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
2)of the last 7 games played TFC has managed to earn just 2 draws and 5 losses. If each game is worth 3 points, TFC has earned 2 out of a possible 21 points. Simple math (i'm keeping it simple for you) shows that they have earned just 2/21 9.5% of the total posiible points availabe (ouch!)

I didn't know Exhibition games were worth points

besides - we've won 1 game out of 7 (1 win, 2 draws and 4 losses - 2 of which are exhibition games)

giambac
07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Fair enough. Just what bothered me was the "no worries, everything is ok" attitude from some. Personally, since TFC have made the player upgrades, the honeymoon is over for me, and I want results from this team....not a 7 game winless streak, especially again teams TFC seemingly should've eaten for lunch (KC & Vancouver twice). Just making my voice heard, I guess....I view this forum as an extension of a conversation we could have in a pub, so I like to use it as such.

I'm with you.
I know I get alot of complaints because my comments are to the point and I don't beat around the bush. However as a STH I want results. Mo brought in the players so I want the results. This is a forum and people expres their opinions. Not everyone will agree. We all want the same end result which is for TFC to be successful. Not everyone will agree on the players or coach. I just think Carver hasn't been using the players to their fullest potential and it is causing us in the standings.

None of this it's only our 2nd year, our sophomore year na dwe shouldn't respect more. With the players we have we should have killed KC and Vancouver both times we played them. No excuses.

ACSertL
07-16-2008, 01:00 PM
^^Further to that, although the Vancouver games were important for a different reason, they have no bearing on our league standing. Sorry to state the obvious.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 01:03 PM
DC United, April 12 - May 21st.
Won 1 game out of 7 (3 out of 21 possible points).
Current position: 4th place.
Winless streaks happen.
Enough said.

By the way, giambac, you haven't corrected my recollection of no positive threads coming from you.

Northern Soul
07-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Okay this will be the final comment I make on this comment.

I will spell it ouit plain and simple for you. Easy math so that all of you can understand.
You call what TFC is going thru as a slump and my reaction as being a kneejerk reaction.

Catch your breath, here we go

TFC plays a TOTAL of 36 games (count them - 30 regular, 2 international friendlies and 4 CCGames) in the season.

1)TFC has not won a game in their past 7 games. Simple math (i'm keeping it simple for you) 7/36 is 19.44%. TFC has not won agame in their last 19.44% of total games to be played this year (ounch!)

I have some simple math for you as well. See if you can follow along.

We've won 6 out of 15 games we've played in the MLS. 6/15 = 40% Assuming we continue in this vein, we'll be 12/30. That's still 40% - which isn't great. However, as a second year team, we'll have DOUBLED the number of wins we had last year. I'd say that is some damn good progress. Do I think Carver is partially responsible for potentially doubling our number of points from last year? Certainly.

Would I like us to do better? Absolutely. It isn't about accepting mediocrity, but being realistic.

Laurignano
07-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Giambac with all due respect dude, some of your math is not revelvent to what is happening in league and Champions league play due to two friendlies. In CC we have gotten 1 pount out of 6 in the last 2 matches agianst vancouver. We blew it in Chicago, but thats also ok because even team has its slumps. It is unacceptable the tie agianst KC when we didn't field our best squad. Unforrtunatly for us we are just going through a rough patch, but people tend to forget we are a 2nd year team without a striker ( who can really score at the moment). Whats the point of having a strong mid-field with out anyone to feed the ball too?! Also our back line makes one silly mistake from time to time that costs us.

Life goes on though, I mean If TFC squeezes into a playoff spot ill be happy, although I do want a SuperLiga spot.

Luckily for us we are playing San Jose in a match this upcoming saturday where we can finally, FINALLY break out of the slump.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 01:09 PM
You call this a slump?
You call this a kneejerk reaction from me?
You call this acceptable?
This isn't cause for concern?

I don't care to repeat myself on your other points since I've answered them all in previous posts that you continue to ignore.

Yes, I call this a slump. Last year Houston was in a slump where they had two wins in 9 games. Guess what, they got themselves OUT of the slump and ended up winning the MLS CUP.

Yes, I call this a kneejerk reaction from you. NEVER have I seen you post after a win about the positives... wait, I've never seen you post anything positive period. Therefore your responses follow fuck ups, hence the kneejerk comments.

No, never have I or anyone called this acceptable. Another point you fail to miss in EVERY single post.

Yes, it's a cause for concern. Not to the fact that we should fire the coach that has improve our team to apoint where we're half way through the season and ALREADY have a better record than the entire season last year. There are positives, you just neglect to see them.

GabrielHurl
07-16-2008, 01:11 PM
It is unacceptable the loss agianst KC when we didn't field our best squad.

We didn't lose against KC

giambac
07-16-2008, 01:11 PM
I didn't know Exhibition games were worth points

besides - we've won 1 game out of 7 (1 win, 2 draws and 4 losses - 2 of which are exhibition games)

WOW,

Your're making this very simple for me.

Like I said most of you just look for excuses- " I didn't know exhinbition games were worth 3 points." I said if the last 7 games we played were each worth 3points a game it would mean TFC earned 2 out of 21 possible points. I know Exhibition games aren't worth 3 points but it's the fact that we lost and can't win. YOU JUST LOOK FOR EXCUSES

And your further proving my point in that TFC has not won 1 out 7. They have won 0 out of 7
KC tie
New England Loss
Vancouver loss
Pachuca loss
Vancouver tie
Chicago loss
Indepente loss

Where is the win? See it's even worse than you thought.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Good post, Shaughno.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Do you see anything positive about the team giambac? Think hard, you might find something.

giambac
07-16-2008, 01:15 PM
DC United, April 12 - May 21st.
Won 1 game out of 7 (3 out of 21 possible points).
Current position: 4th place.
Winless streaks happen.
Enough said.

By the way, giambac, you haven't corrected my recollection of no positive threads coming from you.

Like I said your full of excuses. Your answer to the problem is that all teams have slumps yet you can't add any input on how to improve our team or help end the slide.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Like I said your full of excuses. Your answer to the problem is that all teams have slumps yet you can't add any input on how to improve our team or help end the slide.

Your only solution is "fire the coach." What input have you given besides that?

Any positives about the team giambac? Any?

Shaughno
WOW,

Like I said most of you just look for excuses- " I didn't know exhinbition games were worth 3 points." I said if the last 7 games we played were each worth 3points a game it would mean TFC earned 2 out of 21 possible points. I know Exhibition games aren't worth 3 points but it's the fact that we lost and can't win. YOU JUST LOOK FOR EXCUSES

And your further proving my point in that TFC has not won 1 out 7. They have won 0 out of 7
KC tie
New England Loss
Vancouver loss
Pachuca loss
Vancouver tie
Chicago loss
Indepente loss

I dont' give two flying fucks about what our kids... and Toronto Lynx players do in friendlies. Worrying about those results are pointless. Therefore you have:

KC tie
New England Loss
Vancouver loss
Vancouver tie
Chicago loss

Two ties, three losses in 5 games. It's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

GabrielHurl
WOW,

KC tie
New England Loss
Vancouver loss
Pachuca loss
Vancouver tie
Chicago loss
Indepente loss

IF ,IF, IF, IF, IF,IF, IF ..............

If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 01:18 PM

YOU STILL IGNORE THE QUESTIONS ASKED OF YOU

Do you see any positives out of the team this year?

We know your concerns, you never deviate from the same point. We get what you are concerned about. Trying thinking of OTHER things going on.

giambac
07-16-2008, 01:18 PM
I have some simple math for you as well. See if you can follow along.

We've won 6 out of 15 games we've played in the MLS. 6/15 = 40% Assuming we continue in this vein, we'll be 12/30. That's still 40% - which isn't great. However, as a second year team, we'll have DOUBLED the number of wins we had last year. I'd say that is some damn good progress. Do I think Carver is partially responsible for potentially doubling our number of points from last year? Certainly.

Would I like us to do better? Absolutely. It isn't about accepting mediocrity, but being realistic.

I don't think Carver is any way rsponsible for this.
I think MO is for bringing in the talent. If we had just an average coach we would have probaly 8 or 9 wins sitting at least in 2nd place.

And fuck with the 2nd year shit. The MLS is a weak league and with the palyers we have we should be better.

Fuck we were lucky to beat Montreal, we lost to Vancouver at home and we got lucky to drar Vancouver on the road. Don't paint apretty picture where one doesn't exist.

Laurignano
07-16-2008, 01:19 PM
We didn't lose against KC

Sorry my bad, ment to type tie lol

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Answer the question, giambac, and we might listen to you (no promise, though).

GabrielHurl
07-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Giambac - stick to watching Serie A on TLN of MLS is such a weak league

Northern Soul
07-16-2008, 01:21 PM
I think MO is for bringing in the talent. If we had just an average coach we would have probaly 8 or 9 wins sitting at least in 2nd place.

And fuck with the 2nd year shit. The MLS is a weak league and with the palyers we have we should be better.

Fuck we were lucky to beat Montreal, we lost to Vancouver at home and we got lucky to drar Vancouver on the road. Don't paint apretty picture where one doesn't exist.

Don't be all doom and gloom where there isn't. By the way, as I asked earlier...who should be our coach? Name a name. Who is out there that would be SO MUCH better than Carver is?

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 01:23 PM

How is Mo responsible for bringing in all the talent? Robert specifically came because of Carver. Winsper? Same situation. Ricketts? Can't guarantee it, but I bet it was Carver too. Sure Guevara was an obvious Mo addition, but you cannot prove Carver has done nothing.

If we had an average coach, we would have the same problems if the players still can't find the back of the net. You can't make statements like, 'at least sitting in 2nd place'. How can you tell that? Who's to say we wouldn't be in a worse position than we are now?

Laurignano
07-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Don't be all doom and gloom where there isn't. By the way, as I asked earlier...who should be our coach? Name a name. Who is out there that would be SO MUCH better than Carver is?

Hey I mean the Italians just fired their national coach...hes out of a job! lol Other then that I think Coaching does make a difference but not in this case...I think its more players getting frustrated with each other.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Your only solution is "fire the coach." What input have you given besides that?

Any positives about the team giambac? Any?

Well...

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Okay giambac, here's the questions:

Do you see any positives about the team?
Who would you name as coach?

and I'll add another,

why do you bother watching MLS and posting on a TFC supporters board if you think that MLS is such crap?

We're waiting...

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 01:30 PM

:smilielol5: lol lol lol.....classic!.....fucking brilliant, Gabriel!

giambac
07-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Giambac with all due respect dude, some of your math is not revelvent to what is happening in league and Champions league play due to two friendlies. In CC we have gotten 1 pount out of 6 in the last 2 matches agianst vancouver. We blew it in Chicago, but thats also ok because even team has its slumps. It is unacceptable the loss agianst KC when we didn't field our best squad. Unforrtunatly for us we are just going through a rough patch, but people tend to forget we are a 2nd year team without a striker ( who can really score at the moment). Whats the point of having a strong mid-field with out anyone to feed the ball too?! Also our back line makes one silly mistake from time to time that costs us.

Life goes on though, I mean If TFC squeezes into a playoff spot ill be happy, although I do want a SuperLiga spot.

Luckily for us we are playing San Jose in a match this upcoming saturday where we can finally, FINALLY break out of the slump.

Hey I would be happy if they squeezed into a playoff spot also. A month a go I thought this was a given, not now.

Sure we are playing SJ this Saturday and that's why I am saying this game is CRITICAL. However don't kid yourself and say Finally we will break out of our slump. It's not that easy. Have you forgotten the KC game at home or the 2 Vancouver games. Tey too were easy opponents.

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 01:45 PM
^^ Agreed, I am all for intelligent discussion on the team and tactics. The problem is the way every single thread he makes turns it into a completely different direction because of the way he posts.

Do I think we're in a better position than last year? Hell yeah.
Am I satisfied with this season so far? Hell no. We could and should be doing much better. Thing is, there's more than just Carver to blame for our standing in the league right now.

This makes much sense, good post. But while Carver is definitely not the sole reason, he more than anybody has control of the pulse of the team. I for one am not of the kneejerk reaction group, as I've stated many times that Carver has improved the team, but this "tough love" he seems to be enforcing is a dangerous method with the team we have. The disappointing games for me in this streak, were KC and the two Vancouver games. Of course, only one was a league game, but all three will prove to be decisive to TFC's respective conclusions IMO (league/playoffs and CCC).

H Bomb
07-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Why do y'all keep talking back to this dude? Just ignore him and he goes away. It's obvious he isn't a fan of the team. He's your typical anti-fan, who only watches sports so he can moan about them. Let him moan on his own.

(The ignore tool works wonders)

Laurignano
07-16-2008, 01:46 PM
[/b]

Hey I would be happy if they squeezed into a playoff spot also. A month a go I thought this was a given, not now.

Sure we are playing SJ this Saturday and that's why I am saying this game is CRITICAL. However don't kid yourself and say Finally we will break out of our slump. It's not that easy. Have you forgotten the KC game at home or the 2 Vancouver games. Tey too were easy opponents.

Vancouver is one of the top teams in the USL, I wouldn't consider them an "easy" game. When they came to BMO they we're playing with their backs agianst the wall and they had to win that game or else they were out. They played more desperate and you cannot deny Vancouver played a hell of a game agianst us at BMO field. When we were in Vancouver we should have won that game, BUT Velez having a leg cramp, bad luck and a bad tactical error cost us that. SJ could be a team that would help us break out of our slump anyways..considering we are at home this could help our club build up some confidence agian.

Not to mention Toronto FC had a tough schedule as well, agianst good clubs. I think the games agianst Pachuca, and Indiepente will help our younger players for the future and long run.

Parkdale
07-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Have you forgotten the KC game at home or the 2 Vancouver games. They too were easy opponents.

umm... Montreal is 3nd in the USL right now.
I think that that we were evenly matched is just a sign that the
2nd division teams (USL) are a lot closer in talent to the 1st tier (MLS).

we should have won, but if games were determined by the books
then it would be boring as hell to watch the season play out.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 01:52 PM
[/b]

A month ago, you weren't saying anything positive, though.

Answer the questions.

giambac
07-16-2008, 01:53 PM

and I'll add another,

why do you bother watching MLS and posting on a TFC supporters board if you think that MLS is such crap?

We're waiting...

FUCK Man the team has alot of positives > Let me list them for you

1) Sutton is above average golaie
2) Wynn is a sloid defender
3) Guevera is a top midfielder in the league
4) RR has shown signs that he can also be a top midfieler/winger in the league
5) The suporting cast of Robinson, Brennan, Teliby is good.

Fuck with Dicchio, Cunningham, Valez.

So you see TFC do have good players and alot of positives. The one position they are lacking in is at striker. We all know this and this isn't Carver's fault.

But Carver is a jackass and it is his fault for not using Guevera as a starter vs KC or Brennan and the other international staters

It is Carvers fault for not using RR vs Chicago.

It is Carvers fault for saying he will go with Edwards this Saturday and will have RR on the bench agian. (I mean C'MOn is he that stupid).

As far as a coach how about Pinball Clemons.( or How about the coach from the women's national team). At least he can talk to people and people can understand him. I mean Carver is just full of shit and all that comes out of his mouth is talk about how bad the ref's are, how bad the other coach is blah blah blah,. He should take an anger management course and think of taking up badmington. He is in the wrong sport.

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Hey I mean the Italians just fired their national coach...hes out of a job! lol Other then that I think Coaching does make a difference but not in this case...I think its more players getting frustrated with each other.

You mean Donadoni? Donadoni shouldn't make another coaching decision in his life....including Fifa '08 on Xbox.....anyways, back to the topic....

Northern Soul
07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
FUCK Man the team has alot of positives > Let me list them for you

1) Sutton is above average golaie
2) Wynn is a sloid defender
3) Guevera is a top midfielder in the league
4) RR has shown signs that he can also be a top midfieler/winger in the league
5) The suporting cast of Robinson, Brennan, Teliby is good.

Fuck with Dicchio, Cunningham, Valez.

So you see TFC do have good players and alot of positives. The one position they are lacking in is at striker. We all know this and this isn't Carver's fault.

But Carver is a jackass and it is his fault for not using Guevera as a starter vs KC or Brennan and the other international staters

It is Carvers fault for saying he will go with Edwards this Saturday and will have RR on the bench agian. (I mean C'MOn is he that stupid).

As far as a coach how about Pinball Clemons.( or How about the coach from the women's national team). At least he can talk to people and people can understand him. I mean Carver is just full of shit and all that comes out of his mouth is talk about how bad the ref's are, how bad the other coach is blah blah blah,. He should take an anger management course and think of taking up badmington. He is in the wrong sport.

I think you're posting on the wrong forums. Seriously, you can't name anyone that would be a better coach, despite your insistance that Carver is crap. Do you even know any other coaches? Not likely.

Jeff s
07-16-2008, 01:58 PM

6) TFC went from being in a comfortable 2nd place position in the EAST to now being just 1 point out of last place (ahead of both KC and NY) 1. First off, you must be really desperate to have included the friendly games.

2. Oh no, doh Im so upset that they couldn't beat Pachuca and Indepentente in a useless friendly match, which btw Carver didn't even manage the team. DOH.

3. We didn't win the last 2 games, you know... the ones that actually count? Btw, I forgot hows our home record this season? Poor???

4. That weak team is 3rd in the usl with the best defensive record. Stop underestimating.

5. This is the only thing that should be concerned for you, not the other bullshit you just wrote.

6. Were we never comfortable, we were second, but it wasn't like we were miles ahead of the rest.

If TFC loses or draws any of the next 2 games then This season will have been for naught. I say forget about all the talk about getting a striker. Sure we need a striker, but we probaly should start looking at a new coach.....A whole lot of IFS, actually wait for the result.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for naming some positives.

lol, even when you name the positives, you do it in a negative way, but seriously, Pinball Clemens? I'm sure he's an expert on soccer strategy :lol:. Sorry, you've lost all credibility with me.

Laurignano
07-16-2008, 01:59 PM
You mean Donadoni? Donadoni shouldn't make another coaching decision in his life....including Fifa '08 on Xbox.....anyways, back to the topic....

Lol yeah Donadoni. I would shot my self if he coached our side. But it was a joke. lol Can you fire him on on fifa '08? I would if I were you.

I think you're posting on the wrong forums. Seriously, you can't name anyone that would be a better coach, despite your insistance that Carver is crap. Do you even know any other coaches? Not likely.

I dont think you can go as far to say Giambiac is posting in the wrong forum. He has his own opinion and he is allowed to say it. Doesn't mean I agree with it, or you do, but he has his own mind. He doens't like Carver and thats fine. I personally love the guy, but I do agree he has messed up a bit recently. With that said I dont think we should fire him...We should see how we stand at the end of this season and then make a decision then...not now. Wait till playoffs comes around and we see where our team stands.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 02:01 PM

He's being a jackass? I think you're the only person who is of that mindset. Guevara was an option for KC, but Brennan was not. He had literally just got off the plane less than 24 hours before from an International friendly.

He used, RR in Chicago, watch the game again.

Even more reason to believe you didn't watch the Shitcago game is that Sutton took two big knocks to the head. He had a problem with concussions last year and I'd much rather risk one game with Edwards, who has been fairly solid, than risk the rest of the season AGAIN with Sutton.

Yes, let's hire a coach who doesn't even know the rules of the game. Smart. Women's NT coach? Good luck with that. How about some realistic options?

Dude, you're more full of shit than Carver is. The ref's ARE bad, I'd complain if I was the coach as well.

YOU should take an anger management course and WTF is badmington?

Northern Soul
07-16-2008, 02:03 PM
I dont think you can go as far to say Giambiac is posting in the wrong forum. He has his own opinion and he is allowed to say it. Doesn't mean I agree with it, or you do, but he has his own mind. He doens't like Carver and thats fine. I personally love the guy, but I do agree he has messed up a bit recently. With that said I dont think we should fire him...We should see how we stand at the end of this season and then make a decision then...not now. Wait till playoffs comes around and we see where our team stands.

He is certainly entitled to his opinion, but that's ALL he posts on the forums. Fire Carver. Fire Carver.....after every loss. He refuses to acknowledge any point of view other than his own, and will continue to argue. Despite what he thinks, his bullish replies:

a) Won't convince anyone here of his point of view
b) Won't change that Carver is our coach, and there's nothing he or anyone else on this board can do about it.

Laurignano
07-16-2008, 02:05 PM
He is certainly entitled to his opinion, but that's ALL he posts on the forums. Fire Carver. Fire Carver.....after every loss. He refuses to acknowledge any point of view other than his own, and will continue to argue. Despite what he thinks, his bullish replies:

a) Won't convince anyone here of his point of view
b) Won't change that Carver is our coach, and there's nothing he or anyone else on this board can do about it.

haha, I agree I agree. But with that said he does have a right to be upset because Toronto FC has been very disapointing, but he is taking it a bit too far by saying that we should fire Caver because it wont make that big of a difference.

giambac
07-16-2008, 02:09 PM

Dude,

There are alot of coaches out there in Eurpe, South America, Africa etc. But let's be realistic. They won't come to the MLS just as top players in the world won't come here. We all know this so let's not debate it.

My point has and always will be is that I just can't undersatnd this love affair with Carver. I mean the team plays like shit and the fans rightfully crticize thae players when they don't perform but why does Carver get off free. He is the manager of the team and ultimately responsible for how they play or in our case don't play.

My argument ha sbeen that I not like the resyt of you are not in love with him. I don't think he is best coach in the league like most of you argue. H eisn't atop notch coach beacuse if he were he wouldn't be in the MLS. I mean you get comments from Carver after his run in with the league and refs threatening that he may just pack up his bags and head bag home. WHO THE FUCK IS HE KIDDING? WHERE THE FUCK IS HE GOING TO GO? WHO THE FUCK WANTS HIM? He knows it's an empty threat and he has no where else to go. His choice was either coach in the MLS or retire. He made the wrong decision.

Now like I said world class coaches won't come. So we have to settle for less qualified coaches. Do I know any. Honestly no. All I want is a coach who will settle on the top 11 players and for FUCK SAKES let them play and gel. No more threats if you leave the team for international duty or personal reasons (Say a birth of a child or death in the family) that when you come back you will have to earn your starting spot again. They arenčt kids and you cančt treat them like that. At the end of the day it will be the players who determine if the taem is successful. I just want Carver to sit (NOT STAND) on the sidelines and try to shut up for just 1 game (I know it is hard for him). Start your best 11 and let them play. Plain and Simple. You dončt have to be a genius of a coach to figure that out.

RealG-TFC
07-16-2008, 02:10 PM

:drinking::pbjtime::rofl::hat::smilielol5:

Fantastic!

Fuck with Dicchio

fuk u

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 02:10 PM
*yawn* Have you figured out a new arguing point yet?

By the way, why would you rather have the coach sit on the bench then be passionate and trying to inspire some passion into the lads?

giambac
07-16-2008, 02:18 PM

By the way, why would you rather have the coach sit on the bench then be passionate and trying to inspire some passion into the lads?

I mean the dude stands up yells at the refs who do not listen to him. He stands up and yells at the players who have tuned him out because he is clueless and last week he stood up an dhad a fan tossed out for yelling at him. What a jerk and classless being.

Maple Leaf Red
07-16-2008, 02:18 PM
I'd rather have Kenny back than giambac. THAT is how much his schtick drives me insane.

Northern Soul
07-16-2008, 02:19 PM

His whole argument is laughable. "Carver yells too much". WTF? In addition, he acknowledges no "world-class" (however he defines that) coach will ever come here, but Carver (who has coached in the best league around) isn't good enough. He can't name anyone who would be a good replacement, either.

pekduck
07-16-2008, 02:27 PM
this useless thread made to page 6????

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 02:28 PM
giambac, the guy who thinks that Pinball will lead TFC to victory!

BTW, dude, try saying "F*** Dichio" to his face. I'd like to see you try doing that and get away alive. :p

http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/media.canada.com/canwest/22/052208dichio.jpg?size=l

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://media.canada.com/canwest/22/052208dichio.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html%3Fid%3D4e295a23-c57f-4caf-a23d-c85974d23e27&h=375&w=375&sz=147&hl=en&start=41&tbnid=zgRFKw5jwy9HYM:&tbnh=122&tbnw=122&prev=/images%3Fq%3DDanny%2Bdichio%26start%3D36%26gbv%3D2 %26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM

Let's celebrate!!1

IIIIIIIIIIIIII drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

giambac
07-16-2008, 02:31 PM

IF TFC loses to SJ (and I hope they do not) then the thread will beging 8 GAMES AND COUNTING.................

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 02:32 PM
IF TFC loses to SJ (and I hope they do not) then the thread will beging 8 GAMES AND COUNTING.................

You want TFC to lose so you get to complain.

giambac
07-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Let's celebrate!!1

IIIIIIIIIIIIII drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I tried drinking beer at lunch with the cheese that someone else on this thread recommended. The beer didn't go down well. Next time i will try the wine with the cheese.:noidea:

giambac
07-16-2008, 02:39 PM
giambac, the guy who thinks that Pinball will lead TFC to victory!

BTW, dude, try saying "F*** Dichio" to his face. I'd like to see you try doing that and get away alive. :p

http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/media.canada.com/canwest/22/052208dichio.jpg?size=l

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://media.canada.com/canwest/22/052208dichio.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html%3Fid%3D4e295a23-c57f-4caf-a23d-c85974d23e27&h=375&w=375&sz=147&hl=en&start=41&tbnid=zgRFKw5jwy9HYM:&tbnh=122&tbnw=122&prev=/images%3Fq%3DDanny%2Bdichio%26start%3D36%26gbv%3D2 %26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

Listen

Salvatore Dichio is a fellow piasano.
However lets be realistic. He is old and slow. He is the best option we have at striker (becasue Cunny happens to be worse) but this team is going nowhere with Dichio as our striker.

Everyone including Dichio knows this.

Wait, I don't think Carver knows this. With all the rumours that Sukur may be coming here, Carver was heard saying "if and when Sukur does come here, he will have to earn his spot as a starter. Dichio will still be our striker until Sukur can convince me he can play in this league".:taz:

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 02:44 PM
I tried drinking beer at lunch with the cheese that someone else on this thread recommended. The beer didn't go down well. Next time i will try the wine with the cheese.:noidea:

Yes, wine and cheese go together much better.....

pekduck
07-16-2008, 02:44 PM
From Psychology Today's Diagnosis Dictionary:

Histrionic Personality Disorder

Definition

Individuals with Histrionic Personality Disorder exhibit excessive emotionalism--a tendency to regard things in an emotional manner--and are attention seekers. Behaviors may include constant seeking of approval or attention, self-dramatization, theatricality, and striking self-centeredness or sexual seductiveness in inappropriate situations, including social, occupational and professional relationships beyond what is appropriate for the social context.

Symptoms

Constantly seeking reassurance or approval
Excessive dramatics with exaggerated displays of emotion
Excessive sensitivity to criticism or disapproval
Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior
Overly concerned with physical appearance
Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are
Self-centeredness, uncomfortable when not the center of attention
Low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification
Rapidly shifting emotional states that appear shallow to others
Opinions are easily influenced by other people, but difficult to back up with details

Causes
The cause of this disorder is unknown, but childhood events and genetics may both be involved. It occurs more frequently in women than in men, although some feel it is simply more often diagnosed in women because attention seeking and sexual forwardness are less socially acceptable for women than for men. People with this disorder are usually able to function at a high level and can be successful socially and at work. They may seek treatment for depression when romantic relationships end. They often fail to see their own situation realistically, instead tending to overdramatize and exaggerate. Responsibility for failure or disappointment is usually blamed on others. Because they tend to crave novelty and excitement, they may place themselves in risky situations. All of these factors may lead to greater risk of developing depression.

pekduck
07-16-2008, 02:45 PM
I agree.

wine and cheese is much better.

GabrielHurl
07-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Salvatore Dichio is a fellow piasano.

You are English too?

jloome
07-16-2008, 02:50 PM
WHO THE FUCK IS HE KIDDING? WHERE THE FUCK IS HE GOING TO GO? WHO THE FUCK WANTS HIM?

Once again, I give you Giambac everybody, master of not knowing what the fuck he is talking about.

When Allan Shearer was at Newcastle, John Carver was his favourite field coach (and that's what he's been almost his whole career, a field coach, not a manager). Allan Shearer is currently at the head of speculation on every major managing job in England.

Carver has a fucking stellar rep. He essentially told Newcastle United to fuck off after they fired Bobby Robson and replaced him with the entirely inept Grahamn Souness, by dedicating his one game in charge as caretaker manager to Robson publicly and then whipping Rovers 4-0. He had a rough time as caretaker at Leeds, but it was all of five games.

Other than that, he's never been higher than an assistant, so he hasn't burned any significant managerial bridges. He's seen as too much of a player's coach by some and that's fine and good, but to go off on some rant about how he has nothing left but Toronto is just so fucking stupid, it could only have come from you, Giambac. I'd bet you dollars to donuts that half the teams in the premiership would take him as a coach, and he'd make more money as the third- or fourth-in-line guy from a managerial position there than he does here.

He's doing this because it's his first full-time shot at running the yard tactically, at being in charge. If he flames out, he flames out. But so far, we're a fuck of a lot better team than last year, and his players love him.

So WHAT THE FUCK are you bitching about? Try something constructive: suggest some reason WHY John Carver is doing a poor job and how he could correct it. Nobody from MSLE other than Paul -- if that, if he's sane -- likely reads these threads, so it may not matter. But for fuck's sake, it would get you to shut the fuck up with your bitching about Carver for six fucking minutes.

Fuck.

giambac
07-16-2008, 02:51 PM

Definition

Individuals with Histrionic Personality Disorder exhibit excessive emotionalism--a tendency to regard things in an emotional manner--and are attention seekers. Behaviors may include constant seeking of approval or attention, self-dramatization, theatricality, and striking self-centeredness or sexual seductiveness in inappropriate situations, including social, occupational and professional relationships beyond what is appropriate for the social context.

Symptoms

Opinions are easily influenced by other people, but difficult to back up with details
Causes
The cause of this disorder is unknown, but childhood events and genetics may both be involved. It occurs more frequently in women than in men, although some feel it is simply more often diagnosed in women because attention seeking and sexual forwardness are less socially acceptable for women than for men. People with this disorder are usually able to function at a high level and can be successful socially and at work. They may seek treatment for depression when romantic relationships end. They often fail to see their own situation realistically, instead tending to overdramatize and exaggerate. Responsibility for failure or disappointment is usually blamed on others. Because they tend to crave novelty and excitement, they may place themselves in risky situations. All of these factors may lead to greater risk of developing depression.

You have to be a doctor to understand this.

Sorry non capiche.

jloome
07-16-2008, 02:52 PM

Definition

Symptoms

Causes

Freaky, I think this is me.

GabrielHurl
07-16-2008, 02:53 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/bv829.jpg

giambac
07-16-2008, 02:53 PM
I agree.

wine and cheese is much better.

If I only knew.

I will try this next time.

Any particular wine or cheese you can recommend. I mean I belive someon once told me that wine is made from different types of grapes. I'm not sure can you please confirm. Also which wines go with which cheese.

giambac
07-16-2008, 02:55 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/bv829.jpg

What are you having a bad day at the office??????:(

giambac
07-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Once again, I give you Giambac everybody, master of not knowing what the fuck he is talking about.

When Allan Shearer was at Newcastle, John Carver was his favourite field coach (and that's what he's been almost his whole career, a field coach, not a manager). Allan Shearer is currently at the head of speculation on every major managing job in England.

Carver has a fucking stellar rep. He essentially told Newcastle United to fuck off after they fired Bobby Robson and replaced him with the entirely inept Grahamn Souness, by dedicating his one game in charge as caretaker manager to Robson publicly and then whipping Rovers 4-0. He had a rough time as caretaker at Leeds, but it was all of five games.

Other than that, he's never been higher than an assistant, so he hasn't burned any significant managerial bridges. He's seen as too much of a player's coach by some and that's fine and good, but to go off on some rant about how he has nothing left but Toronto is just so fucking stupid, it could only have come from you, Giambac. I'd bet you dollars to donuts that half the teams in the premiership would take him as a coach, and he'd make more money as the third- or fourth-in-line guy from a managerial position there than he does here.

He's doing this because it's his first full-time shot at running the yard tactically, at being in charge. If he flames out, he flames out. But so far, we're a fuck of a lot better team than last year, and his players love him.

So WHAT THE FUCK are you bitching about? Try something constructive: suggest some reason WHY John Carver is doing a poor job and how he could correct it. Nobody from MSLE other than Paul -- if that, if he's sane -- likely reads these threads, so it may not matter. But for fuck's sake, it would get you to shut the fuck up with your bitching about Carver for six fucking minutes.

Fuck.

Is this the same league that just hired Scolari (Brazilian/Portugues) coach to coach Chelsea?

Is it aslo the English National team that went out and hired an ITA....coach?

What are you saying exactly???????

pekduck
07-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Really depends on your preference, since the type of cheese also play a factor in the pairing. There are a million sources out there tell you which should go with which, but frankly, as long as you like the way the taste and texture mix, just do what you like. i.e. try them out and be creative

My personal preference is cabernet sauvignon and camembert.

If I only knew.

I will try this next time.

Any particular wine or cheese you can recommend. I mean I belive someon once told me that wine is made from different types of grapes. I'm not sure can you please confirm. Also which wines go with which cheese.

S_D
07-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Well Giambac... go find us a finisher first. Find one that can put the ball in the net. It isn't Carver's fault, and you can't say Mo isn't trying seeing some of the names that have rejected TFC overtures.

Dichio is out and has been for the last couple of games and for the next couple of weeks... Cunningham is done. That leaves us with a 16 year old and an energetic backup.... which means we have to rely on the midfield potting some goals for us.

Scoring droughts suck, and when you have nothing on the bench to shake things up it is even worse. We are a second year team and it takes a while to build depth at all positions. Over the past off season the midfield and defense has been shored up. Now we need a finisher. Get that and TFC will be in the playoffs, but until then it is hit and miss.

And there is an easy solution. Tell Chicago to screw off, we want McBride to play for us if they won't give us what we want. And if McBride says no... then wait til next year to play in the MLS for Seattle :D

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Carver was heard saying "if and when Sukur does come here, he will have to earn his spot as a starter. Dichio will still be our striker until Sukur can convince me he can play in this league".:taz:

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW

Hearing Carver in your head again? Might want to get that checked out.

giambac
07-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Is this the same league that just hired Scolari (Brazilian/Portugues) coach to coach Chelsea?

Is it aslo the English National team that went out and hired an ITA....coach?

What are you saying exactly???????

Maybe, just maybe the English soccer people see the same thing I've seen and have been saying. They started cleaning up shop and it's time TFC did the same.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Talking to yourself now too? Neat.

giambac
07-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Well Giambac... go find us a finisher first. Find one that can put the ball in the net. It isn't Carver's fault, and you can't say Mo isn't trying seeing some of the names that have rejected TFC overtures.

Dichio is out and has been for the last couple of games and for the next couple of weeks... Cunningham is done. That leaves us with a 16 year old and an energetic backup.... which means we have to rely on the midfield potting some goals for us.

Scoring droughts suck, and when you have nothing on the bench to shake things up it is even worse. We are a second year team and it takes a while to build depth at all positions. Over the past off season the midfield and defense has been shored up. Now we need a finisher. Get that and TFC will be in the playoffs, but until then it is hit and miss.

And there is an easy solution. Tell Chicago to screw off, we want McBride to play for us if they won't give us what we want. And if McBride says no... then wait til next year to play in the MLS for Seattle :D

Well said.

giambac
07-16-2008, 03:07 PM
You are English too?

No but I once knew and dated an english girl.

Anyone else on this thread ever know and dated an English gal.

She was quite the gal.
Good memories.
Almost seems like it was just yesterday.

I mean the good thaing about back then was that TFC still hadn't gone on this 7 game winless streak. Man this is wearing me out more than the english gal.:rolleyes:

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Man this is wearing me out more than the english gal.:rolleyes:

I have that effect on men....

GabrielHurl
07-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Talking to yourself now too? Neat.

was thinking the same thing myself

giambac
07-16-2008, 03:12 PM
I have that effect on men....

Wow

I love your location.

Forget abot all this soccer stuff. There better things in life.

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Wow

I love your location.

Ummm...who are you and what have you done to giambac? :eek::confused::D

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Wow

I love your location.

Mrs Workie saves the day again!

All is right in the world

You're welcome :D

giambac
07-16-2008, 03:20 PM

and I'll add another,

We're waiting...

I gave you my positives about the team and waht I think about Carver.

What about you. Any insight on what is plaguing this team and how they can turn around their downward spiral??

Let me guess You have been thinking hard and have come up with we should get a striker:confused:

Who, what you mean we should get Ronaldo. That will end our problems.

How would you make changes since firing the coach is out of the question for you? Or are you just content to let the season go down the drain.

TFC Tifoso
07-16-2008, 03:22 PM
I gave you my positives about the team and waht I think about Carver.

What about you. Any insight on what is plaguing this team and how they can turn around their downward spiral??

Let me guess You have been thinking hard and have come up with we should get a striker:confused:

Who, what you mean we should get Ronaldo. That will end our problems.

How would you make changes since firing the coach is out of the question for you? Or are you just content to let the season go down the drain.

That's more like it.....Muuuuuuuch better :D:D

werewolf
07-16-2008, 03:23 PM
so if we fire Carver, then what do we have? A crap team and unstable management, that is really going to attract a 'better' coach.....

Maple Leaf Red
07-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Has anyone ever met giambac? Is he really like this in real life or is this just an act to fill free time between trying to apply Italian solutions to all of life's problems? Are all of his opinions outside of soccer so completely off-base and clueless? If he were a politician would his solution to drunk driving be to legislate that everyone should drive bumper cars?

giambac
07-16-2008, 03:27 PM
so if we fire Carver, then what do we have? A crap team and unstable management, that is really going to attract a 'better' coach.....

The thing is I don't believe we have a crap team. We are lacking a striker which has cost us.

Our coach has also coast us on several occasions.

So we have 2 problems.

I say fire Carver to solve the first problem and at the same time try and sign a strker.

The Best news would be if I woke up tomorrow and the headline story in the Sposrts section read

TFC signs a striker and
TFC Fires Carver. That would make my day.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 03:28 PM

Shh... logic isn't allowed in this thread.

pekduck
07-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Has anyone ever met giambac? Is he really like this in real life or is this just an act to fill free time between trying to apply Italian solutions to all of life's problems? Are all of his opinions outside of soccer so completely off-base and clueless? If he were a politician would his solution to drunk driving be to legislate that everyone should drive bumper cars?
^
lol, that may revive north american auto industry

OneLoveOneEric
07-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Don't look to the coach. Truth is, the team was never as good as people thought it was after the Robert-Ricketts-Guevara signings. And it's not as bad as people think now. Robert and Guevara showed up and played hard the first couple games and scored a couple pretty free kicks early on. This made us think we'd caught lightening in a bottle. But we hadn't.

Laurignano
07-16-2008, 03:31 PM
^
lol, that may revive north american auto industry
LOL HAHAHAHAHA Ok ok ok this is too much im going to work.

giambac
07-16-2008, 03:31 PM

I am make belief.

I've been hired by the coach of the womens Canadian national team who is wants Carver's job. She ha spaid me to talk badly aboput Carver and to start all these threads. I'm being paid for this.

pekduck
07-16-2008, 03:33 PM
crap.. i forgot i need to work today....

back to excel

LOL HAHAHAHAHA Ok ok ok this is too much im going to work.

WHITEY
07-16-2008, 03:34 PM
I am make belief.

I've been hired by the coach of the womens Canadian national team who is wants Carver's job. She ha spaid me to talk badly aboput Carver and to start all these threads. I'm being paid for this.

Nice! Since you're getting paid for starting these ridiculous threads, maybe you can use some of that money to get spelling lessons?

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 03:34 PM
She ha spaid me
:eek:

:rofl:

Jeffro
07-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Hey Giambac you speculate on what the players think of Carver... you ever talk to anyone in the dressing room and ask them? I have. And every one of them has nothing but praise for Carver

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Hey Giambac you speculate on what the players think of Carver... you ever talk to anyone in the dressing room and ask them? I have. And every one of them has nothing but praise for Carver

Dude, logic and facts NEVER get in the way of a good argument....:rolleyes:

:rofl:

OneLoveOneEric
07-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, not agreeing with giambac, but players praising a manager can be a good sign or a bad one. A coach that runs a country club atmosphere will be praised by the players too because he is easy on them. doesn't mean he's any good.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Well, not agreeing with giambac, but players praising a manager can be a good sign or a bad one. A coach that runs a country club atmosphere will be praised by the players too because he is easy on them. doesn't mean he's any good.

Agreed, but it blows his "he's nothing but a jackass" out of the water. ;)

OneLoveOneEric
07-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Definitely.

MadMike
07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Oldtimer, It's not that I wait for negatives ..... I'm waiting for a few positives in a row. If this is the quality of game you want to see, good for you. Will you be satisfied misssing the playoffs this year?? My problem is that I think we currently have one of the better teams in the league ( on paper) .... they just are proving it. Why????

noochie
07-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Lets save this thread for when Carver's successor has a losing streak. That should be fun.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-16-2008, 06:28 PM
I cant believe this jackass..has gotin a 7 page thread!!.!! IF you ever see me at BMO FIELD....please keep walking!!

S_D
07-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Well said.

Well if you agree with me then you should lay off carver a little bit. He is doing everything trying to figure out how to get some goals (starting Robert as a forward which flopped but you don't know until you try). Once we get someone who can finish, the first 11 will look a lot better I am sure.

If Mo goes out and gets some quality finishers (and I mean quality, not some hack to fill in) and we still don't win, then by all means call for Carver's head.

But until then it isn't justified. And let's face it... this year's team has been a lot more entertaining!

James Oliphant
07-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Am i being bold in my comments. I'm sorry I didn't mean to be bold.:confused:

Notice, Jay, that he didn't answer the questions pertinent to the topic...he's been asked those questions before and has glossed over them repeatedly.

giambac
07-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Oldtimer, It's not that I wait for negatives ..... I'm waiting for a few positives in a row. If this is the quality of game you want to see, good for you. Will you be satisfied misssing the playoffs this year?? My problem is that I think we currently have one of the better teams in the league ( on paper) .... they just are proving it. Why????

You see guys like oldtimer and Shangou are just happy to have a professional team in toronto. they don't care about the quality and whether the team succeeds. They are content with just being part of the party an dthey come up with comments such as

It's only our 2nd year
Its a sophomore jinx
Its the players fault not the coach
Its only a slump, all teams go thru it
Other teams also struggle on the road
International games are only exhibition games and don't count
Vancouve ris a tougher opponent than most think and are in 3rd place in their league (USL -a powerhouse league)
The CC games and international games have caused TFC to play to many games in a short period of time
Its not fair for TFC because its to hot in TO in July
Its not fair for TFC becasue they play on artificial turf

They don't care if they win, lose or drarw They just don't want to stir the boat.

It is because of supporters like this team won't succeed. Thay are happy with mediocre play and don't care about results.

James Oliphant
07-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Stir the boat! Hahaha...I love it.

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 07:43 PM
It is because of supporters like this team won't succeed. Thay are happy with mediocre play and don't care about results.

Are you fucking kidding me?!

You may want to re-think that statement...

giambac
07-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Notice, Jay, that he didn't answer the questions pertinent to the topic...he's been asked those questions before and has glossed over them repeatedly.

All the questions have been answerd about what I think the positives and negatives are. (Reread if you can).

I asked what they would do to turn around the team. No answers because they are content with mediocre soccer and losing. No insight from them other than their Love relationship with Carver.

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Lets save this thread for when Carver's successor has a losing streak. That should be fun.

Kind of like all the "Fire Mo" Threads, then we make a few big signings, and everyone's Mo's best friend again??

tfc88
07-16-2008, 07:51 PM
wow there is no way i'm going to read through 8 pages of bs... all i gotta say is:

jeez i would not want to live with giambac.. fuckin never stops bitching i swear to god you're worse than a portuguese house wife (and i mean that with no disrespect to portuguese ppl.. just this one old neighbour of mine.. man her shrieks could paralyze your spine)

James Oliphant
07-16-2008, 07:53 PM
All the questions have been answerd about what I think the positives and negatives are. (Reread if you can).

Wrong. The question Shaughno asked was "Dude, who's said everything is OK?"

You've never answered that question in the many times it's been asked of you, including once by me in a previous thread. Why?

I'm assuming it's because it's easier for you to simply paint us all with the same brush....even if that brush has the wrong fucking colour to begin with.

giambac
07-16-2008, 07:54 PM
wow there is no way i'm going to read through 8 pages of bs... all i gotta say is:

jeez i would not want to live with giambac.. fuckin never stops bitching i swear to god you're worse than a portuguese house wife (and i mean that with no disrespect to portuguese ppl.. just this one old neighbour of mine.. man her shrieks could paralyze your spine)

NOw now,

Portuguese are some of the nicest people in this world.

And they definetly know how to play football.

Good coaches - Mouringho
Good players - Ronaldo, Nani, Queresma
Great wine and food
Great country to visit and vacation

and most importantly beautiful ladies............

giambac
07-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Wrong. The question Shaughno asked was "Dude, who's said everything is OK?"

You've never answered that question in the many times it's been asked of you, including once by me in a previous thread. Why?

I'm assuming it's because it's easier for you to simply paint us all with the same brush....even if that brush has the wrong fucking colour to begin with.

Wrong again,

It seems that the acceted rule on this forum is that anyone who expresses their opinion against either the coach, manager or a player is a traitor. You are deemed as being a non supporter becasue you voicean opinion which is against how the team is being run.

Not everyone is going to agree

I think Carver lacks big time in coaching.
I think it has cost the team on several occasions this year
I don't know who can replace him but I know he is costing the team by his poor judgement.

It doesn't mean I'm not a TFC supporter. Shit I want them to win as much as any other person on this thread. Thats why I have 6 season tickets. I pay decent $$$$ to watch them play and what I have been seeing is very mediocre soccer from them. A paying customer has the right to express their opinion. In my opinion the past 7 games have been a joke. Thats how the thread began. Not once in the past 7 games has Carver said how he will change the downward spiral

Kevvv
07-16-2008, 08:30 PM
And not once this season has Mo told anyone how he'd improve the team. There were calls to fire, behead, and castrate him, but he came through with players. Well, except the all-important striker (so far).

(I wouldn't count the friendlies as part of the 7 in a row, cause who cares if Indep can be beat guys without names on red jerseys? Meant nothing. )

James Oliphant
07-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Wrong again

And you still haven't answered the question. WHO...and I'll accept just one person's name...IS SAYING EVERYTHING IS OKAY?

You'd make a helluva politician. But I don't think we need another Rob Ford on council.

Roogsy
07-16-2008, 09:13 PM
I didn't even bother reading this entire thread. It's just rehashed negativity.

Giambac...seriously...if we leave this thread open, can you promise to keep your anti-Carver rantings in here rather than spewing them in every thread that's been opened?

Oldtimer
07-17-2008, 07:59 AM
You see guys like oldtimer and Shangou are just happy to have a professional team in toronto.

You asking for the coach to be fired and replaced by Pinball Clemons will help the team succeed? Get real.

Also, Shaughno is one of the most passionate supporters this club has. He wants to see TFC hoisting the MLS Cup just like most of us do. Stop making stupid assumptions about people you haven't met.

Shaughno
07-17-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm still trying to figure out who Shangou is... is that Shamu's cousin?

pekduck
07-17-2008, 08:19 AM
how come this thread is still active....

the entertainment value is diminishing...

joel
07-17-2008, 08:23 AM
giambac - professional whiner

you're not completely of your rocker dude, there is reason for concern.

the problem is the way you bitch and moan and bold face everything like we don't know how to read is largely annoying and detracts from any point you were trying to make, and you post with such negativity and condescending tone to anyone that disagrees with you, that it's no wonder people dislike your posts on a regular basis and you find yourself fighting with everyone.

make well reasoned objective points, spare the grandstanding and people might listen to you. You come off like a drama queen looking for a place to happen.

Mrs. Workie
07-17-2008, 08:24 AM
how come this thread is still active....

the entertainment value is diminishing...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII drink beer all dayyyyyyyy
drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all dayyyyyyyyyyy

Shaughno
07-17-2008, 08:26 AM
giambac - professional whiner

you're not completely of your rocker dude, there is reason for concern.

the problem is the way you bitch and moan and bold face everything like we don't know how to read is largely annoying and detracts from any point you were trying to make, and you post with such negativity and condescending tone to anyone that disagrees with you, that it's no wonder people dislike your posts on a regular basis and you find yourself fighting with everyone.

make well reasoned objective points, spare the grandstanding and people might listen to you. You come off like a drama queen looking for a place to happen.

I tried that already, it didn't work :lol:

pekduck
07-17-2008, 08:28 AM
ahh.. here she comes to save the day again :D

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII drink beer all dayyyyyyyy
drink beer all day
drink beer all day
drink beer all dayyyyyyyyyyy

Mrs. Workie
07-17-2008, 08:37 AM
I gotta be useful for something around here ;)

Oldtimer
07-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Hey giambac, you can show up to Danny Dichio's autograph signing and tell him "f*** you" in person, just like you did on the board!

Carver also will be there. You can tell him he should be replaced by Pinball.

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=3362

Northern Soul
07-17-2008, 09:47 AM
I didn't even bother reading this entire thread. It's just rehashed negativity.

Giambac...seriously...if we leave this thread open, can you promise to keep your anti-Carver rantings in here rather than spewing them in every thread that's been opened?

THAT is a great question. After the next loss (because, yes, there will be another loss at some point) you can come in here and bitch, and stop saturating the board with negativity.

giambac
07-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Hey giambac, you can show up to Danny Dichio's autograph signing and tell him "f*** you" in person, just like you did on the board!

Carver also will be there. You can tell him he should be replaced by Pinball.

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=3362

My time is to valuable to waste on an amatuer coach.

Laurignano
07-17-2008, 12:39 PM
lol oh man...

James Oliphant
07-17-2008, 01:45 PM

And again, the question goes unanswered.

scooter
07-19-2008, 10:30 AM
no wonder i dont come on the open forum much anymore

scut farkus
07-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Giambac: LOUD NOISES!

reggie
07-19-2008, 06:53 PM
really!!!!no kidding.
soon we will have some strikers,mo has been looking for 2 yrs....