PDA

View Full Version : Edu's best match this year?

TFC_Junky
07-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Anyone happen to notice that Edu played, IMO, his best game this year last night... in a friendly... Where is this guy durring games that matter!? I know he started because of the yellow against shitcago, but he was all over the pitch last night.

cuecas_red
07-16-2008, 07:09 AM
maybe he realized that cause he wasn't named to the all star team that he better start playing better....he did give the ball away less last night

ensco
07-16-2008, 08:01 AM
I was there. He was better, but still not that noticeable. He had a nice flying header in the box late, and seemed more aggressive, but i wouldn't write home about it. He still seems very tentative when tackling, compared to last year. He won't slide tackle at BMO any more.

He wasn't the MOM for me. That was Nana.

Billy the kid
07-16-2008, 08:20 AM
I thought he played great against Chicago.

Carts
07-16-2008, 08:20 AM
My MOM was Tyler Hemming...

He had one hell of an assignment trying to keep that speedy bastard in check down the wing last night - and did a hell of a job doing it...

Edu played a "spirited" game last night. At times he tried to do too much - but that can happen in a friendly...

Ricketts was excellent when he came on, and gave us an offensive spark...

Carts...

KShep121
07-16-2008, 08:29 AM
I think Edu has been playing better over the past 4 or 5 games. I watched the USA/Argentina match on June 8 and he was a definite standout on the US roster filled with pretty good talent. Since then he has seemed a little more confident and it's showing IMO.

He also improved last year as the season went on. Maybe he's a slow starter?

ua-kozak_TFC
07-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Anyone happen to notice that Edu played, IMO, his best game this year last night... in a friendly... Where is this guy durring games that matter!? I know he started because of the yellow against shitcago, but he was all over the pitch last night.

lol... were you watching the game? NOT even CLOSE!!!

Pachuco
07-16-2008, 09:19 AM
yeap, Edu played pretty good last night. But Tyler Hemming was a beast in the back. He may have just found himself a little playing time on the A team. We'll see.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-16-2008, 09:25 AM
I thought he played great against Chicago.

ditto, thought he was much better in chicago than many many games this yr

actually was running and getting in there for once in a while

invictusTFC
07-16-2008, 12:36 PM

I though EDU had a great game in Chicago. I think he is starting find the form that made him so successfull last season. If thats the case then this team is looking good for the second half of the season.