PDA

View Full Version : 2013 - Going to Montreal?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Parkdale
10-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Are you going to Montreal?

sure it's a bit early, but I'm already excited about the Montreal trip next year.

Maybe I'm just happy that this season is over, and maybe I'm a sucker for thinking that next year will be better (really, could it be any worse?).

from what I've heard - the ticket is included with a renewal - but you can probably get seats even if you don't have seasons at BMO

London
10-21-2012, 08:22 AM
^^^ yes you will get a free ticket for every season ticket package you renew ( not sure about new seasons tickets)

so that should be well over 10000 tickets distributed, i hope to see a massive turnout

Parkdale
10-21-2012, 08:35 AM
from elsewhere

If our club really put some effort into it, the could coordinate with the local Tourist board (http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/Accueil/) as well as the provincial one (http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/accueil0.html) and get some discounts for visiting tourists (us). If they really knew how to work the event, they could even sign VIA on as a partner and bundle reduced train fares with room pacakges (http://www.trainpackages.ca/en/packages/seasons?thumb=getaways). Or go cheap and get some bus company to do same day returns (like they did before with great success)

Canada72
10-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Vote: probably yes, pending a few things

If its not during March Break and its not the same weekend (March 24th) as the Around the Bay race in Hamilton

I'm in!

Pinkie
10-21-2012, 09:21 AM
yesss...Montreal is an amazing city and having this ticket for free (probably) is an added bonus.

ouderwien
10-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Really depends on when the game is. But I missed this years at Olympic so I can't miss another.

Parkdale
10-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Really depends on when the game is. But I missed this years at Olympic so I can't miss another.

oh shit... that just scared me.

watch the game fall on a wednesday :facepalm:

sulfur
10-21-2012, 09:46 AM
It's supposed to be the "season opener", so it'll likely be a weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal pulls the same crap they did this year and has a noon kickoff with a requirement for away supporters to be in the stadium by 10am.

sidvan
10-21-2012, 09:47 AM
day of the week will decide it.

London
10-21-2012, 09:47 AM
The TFC Circus is returning LOL

daner90
10-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Will be there regardless of whatever else is going on in my life lol

jazzy
10-21-2012, 10:04 AM
^^^ yes you will get a free ticket for every season ticket package you renew ( not sure about new seasons tickets)

so that should be well over 10000 tickets distributed, i hope to see a massive turnout

you gotta admit if we get even close to that what a party..........there is even a game too..

Auzzy
10-21-2012, 10:13 AM
If I renew... I'm very likely going. g:D

Flint
10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
No way ill miss this game!

Petor
10-21-2012, 10:32 AM
I don't know if I'll be renewing yet but I usually go to Montreal 3-4 times a year anyways and a TFC game makes it a no brainer.
I went to two TFC matches in Montreal this year and I'll think I'll go to at least two next year.

Yohan
10-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Even 5000 away supporters gotta be close to challenging MLS record, no?

Wagner
10-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Even 5000 away supporters gotta be close to challenging MLS record, no?

I think the Invasions in Columbus were the records.
*coordinated for the most part by the RPB ;)

Yohan
10-21-2012, 10:58 AM
I think the Invasions in Columbus were the records.
*coordinated for the most part by the RPB ;)
Portland at Seattle has to have broken that record

bones
10-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Season opener and we don't have to cross the border??? where's the HELL YEEEAAAA! option. :)

Suds
10-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Most likely.

Yohan
10-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Did I mention I hate the carpet for 'pitch' at the Big O? ugh

also, massive cluster fuck if this isn't organized properly, IE separating supporters and regular fans (casuals for lack of better term). Phil and execs, please bring this up? A GA by designated sections would be nice...

Yeoman
10-21-2012, 12:00 PM

their ticket agreements in the MLS have been capped at 1500
maybe it was different in the USL days but i doubt it

flatpicker
10-21-2012, 12:00 PM
I fully intend on going.
Hopefully it falls on a weekend.

Yohan
10-21-2012, 12:14 PM
their ticket agreements in the MLS have been capped at 1500
maybe it was different in the USL days but i doubt it

I swear a higher number than 1500 was reported, but that number might have included non Timbers Army Portland fans seated everywhere at CenturyLink

Cashcleaner
10-21-2012, 12:46 PM
I've never had a bad trip to Montreal, and if I decide to renew I probably will take the club up on the free ticket offer. The only problem to getting myself and a large crowd out is what day the match falls on. It will be our season opener (possibly Montreal's as well) so I think chances are good that it will be on a weekend, but who knows for sure? I'd be pretty pissed off if it's scheduled for a Wednesday.

AL-MO
10-21-2012, 01:14 PM
The TFC Circus is returning LOL

YEA BUDDY!

Columbus is first though.

:flare:

werewolf
10-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Gegen Lower Canada.

West220Side
10-21-2012, 01:28 PM
sigh. with everybody who renews getting a seat, does that mean ill have to deal with part timers telling me to sit down, or constantly walking up and down the isles to get a beer or hot dog?

Belfast_Boy
10-21-2012, 01:31 PM
would love to do this! hope it's on a weekend.
Can we work out a supporters section where we don't scare the general public?

Yeoman
10-21-2012, 04:19 PM
I swear a higher number than 1500 was reported, but that number might have included non Timbers Army Portland fans seated everywhere at CenturyLink

that's what's been allocated to the supporters groups of the teams in the northwest so odds are yeah they've probably brought more than that.

Redcoe15
10-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Good times in Montreal this past April. Who can say no to that?

Red CB Toronto
10-21-2012, 05:09 PM
I will be in Montreal for sure. Having made the trip to all three of the Reds games in Montreal this past season, it one I am looking forward to once again. I had a great time each trip into town despite the loss in April. With likely at least 10,000 tickets in the hands of TFC fans I am sure you will see a big crowd.

jazzy
10-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Did I mention I hate the carpet for 'pitch' at the Big O? ugh

also, massive cluster fuck if this isn't organized properly, IE separating supporters and regular fans (casuals for lack of better term). Phil and execs, please bring this up? A GA by designated sections would be nice...

if MLSE has the tickets then surely this isn't a problem...we'd get complete sections

Yohan
10-21-2012, 10:05 PM
if MLSE has the tickets then surely this isn't a problem...we'd get complete sections
I never underestimate MLSE's ability to be disorganized and screw up

narduch
10-22-2012, 08:04 AM
I'd be surprised if 25% of these tickets get used.

The gesture was nice, and the price drop was nice too. But that doesn't change the apathy surrounding the team. And the management hasn't changed either.

Joe Kool
10-22-2012, 08:35 AM
I agree with others on here that the sections should be GA so we can get the right people together in the right area so those just wanting to watch the game can do that too without any issues. Good communication from TFC will be key to making this a success. I am also interested in the "limited transportation" part from TFC. I am assuming buses from BMO to the Big O will be what it is. I would like to take advantage of that possibly so my car doesn't break down again like last time hitting all those potholes in Quebec. It's like driving across an old minefield.

Red CB Toronto
10-22-2012, 08:40 AM

The gesture was nice, and the price drop was nice too. But that doesn't change the apathy surrounding the team. And the management hasn't changed either.

Why would anyone who has these tickets to the game in Montreal not use them outside of an important personal commitment. There is just simply no reason to say no.

Ben - D.O.W.
10-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Isn't "First Kick" each year on a Thursday with the rest of the games that weekend? I could see Montreal really pushing to get that spot to limit the number of Toronto supporters at the game. Either way I was there last year without the free tickets, I'll be there this year (and be bringing a group bigger then my seasons

Also CBlake there are plenty of reasons not to use these tickets - personal commitments, financial constraints ($20 ticket is a very small part of a trip to Montreal), hating the French.

tfcleeds
10-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Due to other commitments for most of this past season, I had to miss out on the trip to the Big Owe. Will definitely try to make this one though.

narduch
10-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Why would anyone who has these tickets to the game in Montreal not use them outside of an important personal commitment. There is just simply no reason to say no.

The ticket is the least expensive part of an away trip.

The away support has been pretty much killed off by all the apathy. A free ticket won't change that. And I doubt enough changes happen to make people want to be in Montreal more than ever before.

prizby
10-22-2012, 10:20 AM
I've never had a bad trip to Montreal, and if I decide to renew I probably will take the club up on the free ticket offer. The only problem to getting myself and a large crowd out is what day the match falls on. It will be our season opener (possibly Montreal's as well) so I think chances are good that it will be on a weekend, but who knows for sure? I'd be pretty pissed off if it's scheduled for a Wednesday.

they wouldn't collasally fuck that up...im sure they are working with mls to make this happen on a weekend

cmonyoureds
10-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Season opener and we don't have to cross the border??? where's the HELL YEEEAAAA! option. :)

I'm in the HELL YEEEAAA option, I can't wait, although, I'd make sure my passport is updated, you know it's the foreign country of Quebec right?

Ben - D.O.W.
10-22-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm in the HELL YEEEAAA option, I can't wait, although, I'd make sure my passport is updated, you know it's the foreign country of Quebec right?

Make sure you don't need to leave immediately after the game this time. See all the 'culture' Montreal has to offer.

Yohan
10-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Isn't "First Kick" each year on a Thursday with the rest of the games that weekend? I could see Montreal really pushing to get that spot to limit the number of Toronto supporters at the game. Either way I was there last year without the free tickets, I'll be there this year (and be bringing a group bigger then my seasons

Also CBlake there are plenty of reasons not to use these tickets - personal commitments, financial constraints ($20 ticket is a very small part of a trip to Montreal), hating the French.
Why would Montreal want to limit Toronto supporters from traveling to Mtl? Heck, I'd probably guess it's Joey Saputo who came out with this idea in the first place

tfcleeds
10-22-2012, 11:18 AM
The ticket is the least expensive part of an away trip.The away support has been pretty much killed off by all the apathy. A free ticket won't change that. And I doubt enough changes happen to make people want to be in Montreal more than ever before.Then again, away trips are never just about the game anyway - heck, there's enough to see and do in Montreal to have a good weekend of it. And if it's the first game of the year, well, there's always that small smidgen of hope at the beginning of the season (even though we know that will likely soon enough be snuffed out). With those two factors coming into play, I can see 1000+ TFC supporters making the journey.

TFC_Allez
10-22-2012, 11:38 AM
I'll definitely be there...the date doesn't matter.

Ben - D.O.W.
10-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Why would Montreal want to limit Toronto supporters from traveling to Mtl? Heck, I'd probably guess it's Joey Saputo who came out with this idea in the first place

My take on the whole thing is Saputo lowered prices as (partially) a big f-you to Toronto. Anselmi or whoever responded with "fine, we'll send 5000 fans to take over your stadium". I'm sure Saputo is fine with the tickets sold, but I don't think he particularly wants a huge crowd cheering for Toronto there.

Edit: Saputo seems to me like a guy who actually cares how his team does, you don't help your teams chances by bringing in thousands of away supporters.

Yohan
10-22-2012, 01:38 PM
My take on the whole thing is Saputo lowered prices as (partially) a big f-you to Toronto. Anselmi or whoever responded with "fine, we'll send 5000 fans to take over your stadium". I'm sure Saputo is fine with the tickets sold, but I don't think he particularly wants a huge crowd cheering for Toronto there.

Edit: Saputo seems to me like a guy who actually cares how his team does, you don't help your teams chances by bringing in thousands of away supporters.
Saputo understands soccer, and he's a savvy businessman.

What he wants is a spectacle, especially in short attention span and hype driven city like Montreal. He wants Big O to be packed just like LA game, but he wants it done in more consistent style, without relying on star players like Becks who won't be around much longer. One of ways to build hype? A good rivalry versus the old enemy. And soccer fans understand derbies...

Alonso
10-22-2012, 02:05 PM

What he wants is a spectacle, especially in short attention span and hype driven city like Montreal. He wants Big O to be packed just like LA game, but he wants it done in more consistent style, without relying on star players like Becks who won't be around much longer. One of ways to build hype? A good rivalry versus the old enemy. And soccer fans understand derbies...

Joey was at the game on the weekend, and with what you just wrote I got a sinking feeling.

A feeling that ML$E still doesn't get it.

That it wasn't their idea for the free game to Montreal but Joey's.

That by this reasoning, Joey loves us more than our own overlord's do.

That Joey sees the benefit of this and probably gave the tickets to ML$E for free.

That me want to cry.

That ML$E will not try to help this away trip any further by doing some of the great ideas that Parkdale has thrown out there.

jazzy
10-22-2012, 11:33 PM

25% of 10,000 is fine....

Red CB Toronto
10-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Just wait, this is going to be like when TFC gaves us the free tickets to make up for the CCL rainout vs. Dallas. They will be put into our account manager and we will have to print/forward them by a certain date or will we lose them, which might very well mean MLSE could be off the hook for paying for them. Say they have guaranteed Joey $5 for each ticket utilized, they would have only be charged for what we actually use,. Just a thought. But on the other hand I would not be surprised if as speculated above Joey just went ahead and offered the tickets up for free to give TFC fans a taste of what many people view as a real owner who cares, which I think he is.

RedRum
10-23-2012, 01:46 AM

Word.

Atmosphere and traveling support was what gave TFC "buzz" and successful from the beginning, and they are obviously looking to replicate that now. Too bad they missed the no-brainer this time around; making supporters sections GA and giving support a chance to fix itself at the same time. Better luck next time FO.

RedRum
10-23-2012, 01:53 AM
I agree with others on here that the sections should be GA so we can get the right people together in the right area so those just wanting to watch the game can do that too without any issues. Good communication from TFC will be key to making this a success. I am also interested in the "limited transportation" part from TFC. I am assuming buses from BMO to the Big O will be what it is. I would like to take advantage of that possibly so my car doesn't break down again like last time hitting all those potholes in Quebec. It's like driving across an old minefield.

If it works on the road, why not at BMOrgue?

Fort York Redcoat
10-23-2012, 08:19 AM
25% of 10,000 is fine....

Holy shit yeah.

I'm going to make a bold prediction: If it's not true GA, that is, if there is more than a section designated on the ticket- THERE WILL BE COMPLAINTS.

Call me Kreskin.

T-boy
10-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Was at the Easter game this season, and I'll be there for the opening next season, for sure.

I'd be surprised if the TFC FO had the tickets to allocate. I expect Montreal FO to be doing the admin on the tickets, like last season. We will probably get a voucher number or something so we individually call the Montreal FO to get our tickets.

cmonyoureds
10-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Joey was at the game on the weekend, and with what you just wrote I got a sinking feeling.

A feeling that ML$E still doesn't get it.

That it wasn't their idea for the free game to Montreal but Joey's.

That by this reasoning, Joey loves us more than our own overlord's do.

That Joey sees the benefit of this and probably gave the tickets to ML$E for free.

That me want to cry.

That ML$E will not try to help this away trip any further by doing some of the great ideas that Parkdale has thrown out there.

I agree with all of the above.

I also hope Joey will see the wisdom of having more than just two beer servers staffing the smallest concession stand known to man. Now that was a travesty!

Ben - D.O.W.
10-23-2012, 12:11 PM
I agree with all of the above.

I also hope Joey will see the wisdom of having more than just two beer servers staffing the smallest concession stand known to man. Now that was a travesty!

Coors Light for $7 is always a travesty.

Red CB Toronto
10-23-2012, 01:46 PM
At least they sell beer in MTL until the game is over with no limits on the amount your can purchase compared to this 65th minute shit we are faced with here at BMO

nfitz
10-23-2012, 02:46 PM
At least they sell beer in MTL until the game is over with no limits on the amount your can purchase compared to this 65th minute shit we are faced with here at BMOYes, but couldn't Montreal use larger glasses than shot glasses?

kodiakTFC
10-23-2012, 05:09 PM

Exactly this. Saputo wants to build a rivalry with Toronto more than anyone. Let a few thousand TFC fans in a stadium that may otherwise so unused and begin to hype this match as a 'must see.'

AL-MO
10-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Holy shit yeah.

I'm going to make a bold prediction: If it's not true GA, that is, if there is more than a section designated on the ticket- THERE WILL BE COMPLAINTS.

Call me Kreskin.

There will be complaints no matter what. And if it's not over this it will be over a drum, the capo, too many flags or that some guy on a megaphone is speaking to them in a tone they don't like and asking them to sit down and then stand back up.

No matter what, tfc fans will find something stupid to complain about and support will suffer accordingly. It's been hurting for years now and no one wants to do anything about it.

If it meant erecting a cage and putting us animals in it, you'd find me there simply so I wouldn't have to hear retarded complaints from self Centered knobs who decided to make the trek to Montreal.

Fort York Redcoat
10-24-2012, 06:48 AM
There will be complaints no matter what. And if it's not over this it will be over a drum, the capo, too many flags or that some guy on a megaphone is speaking to them in a tone they don't like and asking them to sit down and then stand back up.

No matter what, tfc fans will find something stupid to complain about and support will suffer accordingly. It's been hurting for years now and no one wants to do anything about it.

If it meant erecting a cage and putting us animals in it, you'd find me there simply so I wouldn't have to hear retarded complaints from self Centered knobs who decided to make the trek to Montreal.

I think that simple step (a designated section vs a specific seat number) would go a long way to help and then if the various communications (boards and fb) relay to sit/stand in the according area would do a lot to help.

mdc 77
10-24-2012, 07:42 AM
I have to say who cares? Go to the game, sing, yell and whatever else...support the team you love and then go home.

Its not this complicated to support a sports team no matter what the sport is, and no matter where you are sitting. When did things become so calculated with TFC support? Its as if every little detail has to be perfect for people to cheer on the team.

Yohan
10-24-2012, 10:16 AM
I have to say who cares? Go to the game, sing, yell and whatever else...support the team you love and then go home.

Its not this complicated to support a sports team no matter what the sport is, and no matter where you are sitting. When did things become so calculated with TFC support? Its as if every little detail has to be perfect for people to cheer on the team.because there are people who always cause trouble (like, getting security to boot people out of their seats without even talking to the people sitting there)

pdogg
10-24-2012, 10:59 AM
because there are people who always cause trouble (like, getting security to boot people out of their seats without even talking to the people sitting there)

I'm not sure how you can say they are causing trouble. They've been given/purchased tickets to sit in those seats and at every other sporting/social event that they have gone to before , they've been told they need to sit in their seats. If they've never been told any different, how are they to know that the area is now unofficially GA? They are doing what they believe to be the most rational thing, sitting in their own seats.

When we are in someone else's seat, because it's convenient for us, we are now making it inconvenient for them and placing the burden of finding new seats on them. I agree that they should come over and speak to the individual's first, but I don't blame them that if they are in a section that is as boisterous as the supporter sections can be that they may feel intimidated to do so. It can't be solely be looked at in our eyes of them coming in and breaking up the party.

The burden of this should be on TFC to establish distinct sections for this travelling group - a supporters-esque section - flags, banners, standing and loose seating arrangements. Another section for those whose support is less animated, but no less sincere, and prefer an unimpeded view. That seems simple enough

Yohan
10-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure how you can say they are causing trouble. They've been given/purchased tickets to sit in those seats and at every other sporting/social event that they have gone to before , they've been told they need to sit in their seats. If they've never been told any different, how are they to know that the area is now unofficially GA? They are doing what they believe to be the most rational thing, sitting in their own seats.

When we are in someone else's seat, because it's convenient for us, we are now making it inconvenient for them and placing the burden of finding new seats on them. I agree that they should come over and speak to the individual's first, but I don't blame them that if they are in a section that is as boisterous as the supporter sections can be that they may feel intimidated to do so. It can't be solely be looked at in our eyes of them coming in and breaking up the party.
it'd be nice if they bother to talk to the guys in their seats before going to the security first. solve problems at lowest level before getting others involved

The burden of this should be on TFC to establish distinct sections for this travelling group - a supporters-esque section - flags, banners, standing and loose seating arrangements. Another section for those whose support is less animated, but no less sincere, and prefer an unimpeded view. That seems simple enough

this is essentially what I'm talking about. a supporters section (and this will be GA, even unofficially) and a general section for the rest

Wull
10-25-2012, 09:51 AM
and the pissing contest has begun. Being in a supporters section doesn't automatically mean capos, GA etc. Remember, we were told in no uncertain terms beforehand that we had to be in the seats we were given, no ifs ands or buts. Only when I got in and saw some of the regulars did we find out that the security no longer acred so we went and stood where we could. Also, the capo took it upon himself to move during the match. Had he stayed where he started there probably wouldn't have been as much fuss about that bit anyway

GlenM
10-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Problem was security didn't check tickets and it became a free for all.

Everyone wanted to be in the supporters section then some whining and complaining happened when we started cheering and supporting the club, stand up and sit down.

FYR nail it...

FYR Quote:

"I think that simple step (a designated section vs a specific seat number) would go a long way to help and then if the various communications (boards and fb) relay to sit/stand in the according area would do a lot to help"

Designated specific section only - stand up sit down singing chanting would help alot.

If you're there you know what you're getting so don't whine and complain about it.

I seriously was lucky enough to be in the right row and not my actual seat.

It got way out of hand then that's where the problem/issue started.

This needs to be changed/fixed or else the circus will continue.

GlenM

Mark in Ottawa
10-25-2012, 03:57 PM
As this would be a shorter "road trip" than my trips to BMO I would have to say Yes pending the date.
With any luck I can pick up a ticket from a SSH who is not going to make the trip and end up in the TFC fans section.

Last time I went our seats in the Big Oh-Oh really sucked but such is the life of a traveling supporter.

AL-MO
10-25-2012, 10:50 PM
and the pissing contest has begun. Being in a supporters section doesn't automatically mean capos, GA etc. Remember, we were told in no uncertain terms beforehand that we had to be in the seats we were given, no ifs ands or buts. Only when I got in and saw some of the regulars did we find out that the security no longer acred so we went and stood where we could. Also, the capo took it upon himself to move during the match. Had he stayed where he started there probably wouldn't have been as much fuss about that bit anyway

Who does this capo think he is?! Some nerve.....

Wull
10-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Who does this capo think he is?! Some nerve.....
I was merely answering why there may have been issues, go get in a pissing contest about types of support with someone else

Fort York Redcoat
10-26-2012, 11:30 AM
I was merely answering why there may have been issues, go get in a pissing contest about types of support with someone else

Nice disengage there.

The problem was the fact that Montreal (and Toronto for that matter) have to get on board with us. They've taken the route of saying the rules are one way and then re-enforcing halfway. Yes we say it'll be treated GA and as long as there isn't a mob fight security will take the "complaints dep." route. Make a stink about it- you'll get the seat you may or may not want by the end of the day. I doubt it will be fixed but I'd like to see it.

"The traveling capo" method didn't seem too popular with people that didn't travel with him. I'd suggest a setup closer to BMO that spreads support wider at the front, leaving those that don't want to or just can't get involved for various reasons, to do so.

Wull
10-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Nice disengage there.

The problem was the fact that Montreal (and Toronto for that matter) have to get on board with us. They've taken the route of saying the rules are one way and then re-enforcing halfway. Yes we say it'll be treated GA and as long as there isn't a mob fight security will take the "complaints dep." route. Make a stink about it- you'll get the seat you may or may not want by the end of the day. I doubt it will be fixed but I'd like to see it.

"The traveling capo" method didn't seem too popular with people that didn't travel with him. I'd suggest a setup closer to BMO that spreads support wider at the front, leaving those that don't want to or just can't get involved for various reasons, to do so.

I would agree with most of that. I think people did sort of line up as best possible where they wanted to be (again, we were all told strict enforcement of seating and when we got there they didn't really care) then people moved, the capo moved, the smoke and flares came out and it all made some people very uncomfortable. Our lot not really being in it until late in the second half didn't help anything either in terms of people's moods and what they wanted to do in the stands

Canada72
10-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Why is Montreal having this game at the Big O now that Saputo is being used?

I hope MLSE didn't say "You have us at the Big O and we will have you at the Rogers Centre, then we can get thousands of traveling fans each!"

Auzzy
10-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Why is Montreal having this game at the Big O now that Saputo is being used?

I hope MLSE didn't say "You have us at the Big O and we will have you at the Rogers Centre, then we can get thousands of traveling fans each!"

Montreal Impact has always said that they will have a few games in the Olympic Stadium each season, even after Saputo was renovated. Especially since this will be an early-season game where the weather may be really bad in Montreal.

Toronto
10-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Montreal Impact has always said that they will have a few games in the Olympic Stadium each season, even after Saputo was renovated. Especially since this will be an early-season game where the weather may be really bad in Montreal.

I hope so. The country club members only attitude of some is troubling. If you can sell 45 000 tickets, everyone should suck it up and enjoy the day. It's better than then 11k that was showing up at the end.

NOTE that wasn't directed at Auzzy- but the qoute you qouted...lol

GuelphStorm2007
10-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Now that this poor exuse of a season is over I do plan on gpoing to Montreal next year cause I have a funny suspicsion we will be a better team next year,

Technorgasm
11-07-2012, 08:31 AM
These are the facts:

Parkdale
Fort York Red Coat
Belfast Boy
London
Al-MO
tfcleeds
Mark in Ottawa
GlenM
Yohan
Suds
Werewolf
Wagner
Redcoe15
Cashcleaner
Cblake
Flatpicker
Pinkie

Who in their right fucking MIND would miss a party with this invite list?
Not this NORB.
Going to tear that town APART!
Bring it, sing it, sling it, win it.
Fuck yeah!

tfcmanu
11-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Count me in!!!!:flare:

J-Man
11-07-2012, 08:18 PM
I talked to my Ticket rep today and he told me that the Montreal game WILL be played on a Saturday!!!!!!

He said they know the date already but he wouldnt tell me.

Belfast_Boy
11-07-2012, 08:59 PM
These are the facts:

Parkdale
Fort York Red Coat
Belfast Boy
London
Al-MO
tfcleeds
Mark in Ottawa
GlenM
Yohan
Suds
Werewolf
Wagner
Redcoe15
Cashcleaner
Cblake
Flatpicker
Pinkie

Not this NORB.
Fuck yeah!

I love this guy.

Mark in Ottawa
11-08-2012, 10:57 AM

And depending upon the day that the game is played we will most likely see a collection of Bastards (75MB and otherwise) from all over the place descending on Montreal.
Just think ... if this hockey strike thingy goes a whole season Montreal will be ready for some sports partying come springtime!

Red CB Toronto
11-08-2012, 01:51 PM
These are the facts:

Parkdale
Fort York Red Coat
Belfast Boy
London
Al-MO
tfcleeds
Mark in Ottawa
GlenM
Yohan
Suds
Werewolf
Wagner
Redcoe15
Cashcleaner
Cblake
Flatpicker
Pinkie

Not this NORB.
Fuck yeah!

I love being named in such a group that is held with much high regard, ONWARD to Montreal. FUCK YEH.

JayMolly
11-08-2012, 05:49 PM
I talked to my Ticket rep today and he told me that the Montreal game WILL be played on a Saturday!!!!!!

He said they know the date already but he wouldnt tell me.

Saturday is great, but it would be nice to know the month?

nfitz
11-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Saturday is great, but it would be nice to know the month?It's First Kick isn't it? March 9th or March 16th I'd guess. Which are the two bookends to the March Break for Ontario schools this year.

__wowza
11-20-2012, 04:21 PM
These are the facts:

Parkdale
Fort York Red Coat
Belfast Boy
London
Al-MO
tfcleeds
Mark in Ottawa
GlenM
Yohan
Suds
Werewolf
Wagner
Redcoe15
Cashcleaner
Cblake
Flatpicker
Pinkie

Not this NORB.
Fuck yeah!

unfortunately, i'll be down in france for this. fortunately, the 6 hour time difference will give me reason to watch the living shit outt've this game.

i'll be there and drunk in spirit. if someone wants to bring a giant cardboard cutout of my head, i'd appreciate it.

mastermixer
11-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Not sure if it's been discussed anywhere, but Paul B mentioned yesterday that they may plan to charter a whole bunch of buses to take fans to the game and back on the same day, if the schedule accommodates it (weekend afternoon game). Also said it would be on a first come first serve basis.

nfitz
12-18-2012, 01:21 PM
It's First Kick isn't it? March 9th or March 16th I'd guess. Which are the two bookends to the March Break for Ontario schools this year.Confirmed! Saturday March 16th at the Big O! http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/12/reds-face-caps-first-kick

Second weekend of March break!

Red CB Toronto
12-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Onward to Montreal, let the great invasion of 2013 go in full force. Bring it on. I am already looking forward to this. What a great weekend it will be. All hands on deck.

Suds
12-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Confirmed! Saturday March 16th at the Big O! http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/12/reds-face-caps-first-kick

Second weekend of March break!

TFC, UFC, March break, and St. Patrick's Day weekend.

This could be a bad one for the liver and the wallet.:) :drinking:

gdg_9
12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Do people who renewed get free tickets to the March 16th game too? (I'm a new season ticket holder, and I know that I do)
I asked my buddy if he was going, and he wasn't sure if he got those tickets with his renewal.

When I looked up the details on the link that TFC emailed me with new season tickets info, it said the following:

TORONTO FC SEASON SEAT HOLDER BENEFITS
As a Season Seat Holder, you will receive the following benefits:
• Complimentary ticket to see Toronto FC vs. Montreal Impact at Olympic Stadium. Offer Valid until February 8th, 2013. Click here for full details.

When you click for full details, it says:

Complimentary Ticket –Montreal Impact vs. Toronto FC
As a new Season Seat Holder, you will be allocated one ticket per seat in your account to the opening match of Toronto FC’s 2013 MLS regular season against the Montreal Impact at Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Match date and time to be determined at the sole discretion of Major League Soccer.
Toronto FC will be offering Season Seat Holders limited transportation to and from the event, details of which will be released in the New Year.
Offer valid with the purchase of new Toronto FC Season Seats only, until February 8th 2013.

Wolves_On_Tour
12-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Definitley curious about this. Stoked that the match is on St. Patricks day weekend (sorry to my liver in advance).
KW Company will have several people going to this match and I want to arrange accomodations/transportation if necessary.

If anyone has more info about the transportation side of things we will certtainly want to hear about it.

Cheers all, Merry Christmas.

Mango Kid
12-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Not sure if anybody has mentioned it, but UFC 158 is slated for Montreal that night with GSP fighting Nick Diaz, so expect a premium on hotels.

Fort York Redcoat
12-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Not sure if anybody has mentioned it, but UFC 158 is slated for Montreal that night with GSP fighting Nick Diaz, so expect a premium on hotels.

That tears it. I'll be chilling away from that area of town.

Wolves_On_Tour
12-18-2012, 03:24 PM

Douche bag factor will be way up!

PAGING AWAY TEAM!!!!! RESERVE AN ENTIRE HOTEL RIGHT (Okay, maybe not an entire hotel but book alot of rooms!) NOW AT A LOWER PRICE!!!

Mango is right, prices will sky rocket and availability will be tight.

Initial B
12-18-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm going to see about taking a trip from Ottawa...

pdogg
12-18-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm going to see about taking a trip from Ottawa...

Most likely what I'll do too. My sister lives in Ottawa and will use the ride there to prime up, and the ride back to sober up.

Carefree
12-18-2012, 04:55 PM
As of now I'm not quite ready to proudly display myself as a TFC fan in another city. Maybe by mid-February the embarrasment of supporting such a Mickey Mouse team will give way to excitement and hope for a new beginning (as it does each year, sadly) but for now, I doubt I'll be going.

Petor
12-18-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm going.
Just booked my room.
If you book ahead, like now, you can get a room in the Queen Elizabeth for under $150 a night.

Morlesio14
12-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to go, probably not. So wish I could. No matter where the game vs Kansas is I'm going. Have fun everyone!!!

TFC07
12-18-2012, 10:29 PM
I am 50/50 right now.

GlenM
12-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Is this the only MTL away game except NCC?

Crap I think I may have a possible commitment that Sat.

$#$%#$%#!!!!

GlenM

Red CB Toronto
12-19-2012, 09:38 AM

$#$%#$%#!!!!

GlenM

Yes it is, hopefully you can make it.

Canada72
12-19-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm going.
Just booked my room.
If you book ahead, like now, you can get a room in the Queen Elizabeth for under $150 a night.

I'm going to wait until they set a game time before booking a room. If kick off is 12 or 1pm like last year I'll drive down the day before and home after the game. If it is 3pm or the evening I'll drive down the day of the game and home the day after.

Also waiting to see if TFC FO put a travel package together.

Carts
12-19-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm going... TFC... St. Paddy's...

THIS. WILL. GET. MESSY.

ryan
12-19-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm going. Got a friend's couch I can crash on, which is excellent.

Now I just need to get acquainted with some of you guys cause my actual friends are mostly drunk douchebag tourists and I don't want to show up with them anymore.

Carts
12-19-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm going. Got a friend's couch I can crash on, which is excellent.

Now I just need to get acquainted with some of you guys cause my actual friends are mostly drunk douchebag tourists and I don't want to show up with them anymore.

Just come to the group hotel on gameday....

Last year me and Suds looked around our hotel room packed with people the night before and said "...who are half these people?..." By game time the next day, they were our best friends! LOL... Them, and convenience store lady that sold us the Saporo and guided us to McDonalds... g:D

tfcleeds
12-19-2012, 10:23 AM
^I heard in Quebec you can even get Sapporo at McDonalds ;)

Derko
12-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Do people who renewed get free tickets to the March 16th game too? (I'm a new season ticket holder, and I know that I do)
I asked my buddy if he was going, and he wasn't sure if he got those tickets with his renewal.

When I looked up the details on the link that TFC emailed me with new season tickets info, it said the following:

TORONTO FC SEASON SEAT HOLDER BENEFITS
As a Season Seat Holder, you will receive the following benefits:
• Complimentary ticket to see Toronto FC vs. Montreal Impact at Olympic Stadium. Offer Valid until February 8th, 2013. Click here for full details.

When you click for full details, it says:

Complimentary Ticket –Montreal Impact vs. Toronto FC
As a new Season Seat Holder, you will be allocated one ticket per seat in your account to the opening match of Toronto FC’s 2013 MLS regular season against the Montreal Impact at Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Match date and time to be determined at the sole discretion of Major League Soccer.
Toronto FC will be offering Season Seat Holders limited transportation to and from the event, details of which will be released in the New Year.
Offer valid with the purchase of new Toronto FC Season Seats only, until February 8th 2013.

I spoke with my rep Deanna and she informed me that I would get 5 tickets, 3 from my renewal and 2 from my newly added seats. She also said though not confirmed that this is the game we get the tickets for but is assuming so because it is the game at Olympic Stadium

Happy Christmas

Petor
12-19-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm going to wait until they set a game time before booking a room. If kick off is 12 or 1pm like last year I'll drive down the day before and home after the game. If it is 3pm or the evening I'll drive down the day of the game and home the day after.

Also waiting to see if TFC FO put a travel package together.

I'll be there for more than one night, taking the first train out of Toronto on the Thursday before the match and taking the afternoon train back on Sunday.
There is too much to do in Montreal, I can't just go for one day.

Red CB Toronto
12-19-2012, 12:33 PM
I'll be there for more than one night, taking the first train out of Toronto on the Thursday before the match and taking the afternoon train back on Sunday.

I completely agree, will be going at least the Friday to Sunday, maybe more, Montreal is always a great time. Went to all three games in MTL last year.

Carts
12-19-2012, 02:18 PM

I'm gonna go for the Friday morning train in - Monday morning train out...
This way I'll celebrate St. Patricks Day on Sunday / Sunday Night in Montreal...

gdg_9
12-19-2012, 02:22 PM
I spoke with my rep Deanna and she informed me that I would get 5 tickets, 3 from my renewal and 2 from my newly added seats. She also said though not confirmed that this is the game we get the tickets for but is assuming so because it is the game at Olympic Stadium

Happy Christmas

Thanks for the info... makes sense.

Should be a good weekend!!!

renda-10
12-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Do you guys any good hotels to book for the weekend?

pekduck
12-19-2012, 04:51 PM
we are in the process of negotiating group deals

will release to public forum after members are taken care of first

the announcement and associated booking process will be TICO compliant

expect something in early Jan.

Redcoe15
12-19-2012, 06:18 PM

$#$%#$%#!!!!

GlenM
GodDammit Glen, you gots ta show up! Who's gonna hail a taxi for me to take me back to my hotel room? :drunk:g:D

nascarguy
12-19-2012, 07:25 PM
I hope to go I love the idea of a free trip to montreal even if it's a sameday but why did ufc have to be there the same weekend

Red CB Toronto
12-19-2012, 10:19 PM

Happy Christmas

As of right now we only know of two TFC road trips, this one and the Voyageur Cup match on April 24. Both of these matches will be at the Big O.

GlenM
12-20-2012, 11:01 AM
GodDammit Glen, you gots ta show up! Who's gonna hail a taxi for me to take me back to my hotel room? :drunk:g:D

Don't worry RedCoe15 I think I can pull this off but I prob wouldn't know to early New year.

Just get your hunger on for Poutine, taste buds ready for mega BEERS!!!

Full octane!!!

Look out Montreal REDCOE15 is coming again!

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GlenM

Red CB Toronto
12-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Don't worry RedCoe15 I think I can pull this off but I prob wouldn't know to early New year.

Just get your hunger on for Poutine, taste buds ready for mega BEERS!!!

Full octane!!!

Look out Montreal REDCOE15 is coming again!

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GlenM

All I got to say is WOOOO.

renda-10
12-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Pretty amped for this trip!!

FluSH
12-20-2012, 11:18 PM
+15 for me...

Red CB Toronto
12-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Do we see a bigger crowd of Reds supporters than last year or even Columbus. Even if just a quarter of the STH's use their MTL tix the crowd will be amazing.

kodiakTFC
12-21-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm going with a group of 7-10. This is going to be something. I'm thinking we break a MLS away attendance record.

daner90
12-21-2012, 01:42 AM
+15 for me...

I think we are going to need a bus now lol

Technorgasm
12-21-2012, 09:07 AM
This: (particualry fitting post on Dec. 21, 2012)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1062/1197272249_94ba6ec36e.jpg

Redcoe15
12-21-2012, 05:55 PM

WANT! :drinking:

Red CB Toronto
12-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Redcoe for leader of the trip, lead the way !!!!

Redcoe15
12-21-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm following the Norb. He knows where all the good shit is! g:D

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
12-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Do we see a bigger crowd of Reds supporters than last year or even Columbus. Even if just a quarter of the STH's use their MTL tix the crowd will be amazing.

wont be less then 5000...with tickets being giving to season seat holders.... we might even hit 8-10 thousand

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
12-21-2012, 06:17 PM
FRIDAY NIGHT on the town....Sat afternoon TFC vs MONTREAL...SAT NIGHT GSP vs DIAZ....SUNDAY ST. PADDY'S......I might not have no liver left....2 weeks into the season!:drinking:

Technorgasm
12-23-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm following the Norb. He knows where all the good shit is! g:D

You KNOW it !!!

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/13921849.jpg

Redcoe15
12-23-2012, 12:02 PM
You KNOW it !!!

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/13921849.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-z6NyDeNsIuY/TtUgzCaOFHI/AAAAAAAABNg/a3KVDWYDB3I/s1600/macho-man-randy-savage-womens-t-shirt-39992-p.png

g:D

Gilberto9
12-23-2012, 12:40 PM
How are you all getting there?

TFC07
12-24-2012, 05:56 PM
How are you all getting there?
Me personally, I probably get there on bus for the day (no plans to stay overnight in Montreal). However, I believe TFC are planning to set up buses for fans who want to go to Montreal. So it will be wait and see for me if TFC follow through their plan.

Redcoe15
12-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Attention fellow TFC travellers:

Porter Airlines has it's 50 percent off Boxing Day sale going on right now!

https://www1.flyporter.com/Flight

If you want to go to Montreal to watch the TFC-Limpact match on the March 16 weekend, you have until 11:59PM Eastern on January 4th to book your discounted flights to Montreal.

I've paid for mine already. g:D Seeya all in Montreal! :seeya:

Yagbod
12-26-2012, 02:01 PM
We booked with VIA and it was about $260 for 2 round trip. Without some discounts that we got it was still only about $310 for two round trip. Still cheaper than Porter and it drops you off right downtown. Just a thought.

Petor
12-26-2012, 04:56 PM
If you book online right now the cheapest Via Rail round trip without any coupons is $137.86 which is about half of the price that Porter charges, then again it's about 5 hours by train and about an hour and 15 minutes on Proter.

Yohan
12-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Add in check in time plus travel from airport to downtown mtl and you dont save that much time

Red CB Toronto
12-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Add in check in time plus travel from airport to downtown mtl and you dont save that much time

Especially if the Queen Elizabeth ends up being the RPB hotel, it would just be an escalator ride upstairs from the train station.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
12-26-2012, 06:24 PM
porter $209 taxes in......leave friday return sunday

Walms
12-27-2012, 10:40 AM
This will be my First game traviling abrod, do the RPB already have tickets? and how would a non-season seat holder get his name on the list for this trip?

Suds
12-27-2012, 11:54 AM
This will be my First game traviling abrod, do the RPB already have tickets? and how would a non-season seat holder get his name on the list for this trip?

Assuming this is the game season seat holders get the free away ticket with their package then I would keep an eye on the ticket trader section on here. I doubt 100% of SSH's will go and will look to offload unused tickets. The club will also likely announce something if this is the big away game.

Red CB Toronto
12-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Assuming this is the game season seat holders get the free away ticket with their package then I would keep an eye on the ticket trader section on here. I doubt 100% of SSH's will go and will look to offload unused tickets. The club will also likely announce something if this is the big away game.

I would second that notion, I am pretty sure the tickets for the Montreal game will be some sort of opt in thing where we will have to print off from account manager before a date or they will disappear. This way MLSE in only on the hook for the tickets that people going to Montreal actually use, not the 16 or thousand tix that will initially be offered to the STHs.

Since TFC is offering upwards of 16 thousand tickets to their season seat holders it will be a game at the Big O and the Impact are only playing their first two games there so it will be the one in March.

jazzy
12-28-2012, 12:22 AM
If you book online right now the cheapest Via Rail round trip without any coupons is $137.86 which is about half of the price that Porter charges, then again it's about 5 hours by train and about an hour and 15 minutes on Proter.
problem is with train...you have to leave fri night....latest now is 5:00PM.....therefore you also have to stay 2 nights...also now cheapest for 2 round trip is $320 all-in...hopefully we/tfc get a bus that allows for an overnight stay.....or driving again.....pretty tiring,..if not cheaper

Red CB Toronto
12-28-2012, 05:22 AM
problem is with train...you have to leave fri night....latest now is 5:00PM.....therefore you also have to stay 2 nights...also now cheapest for 2 round trip is $320 all-in...hopefully we/tfc get a bus that allows for an overnight stay.....or driving again.....pretty tiring,..if not cheaper

Thing is, we do not know the kickoff time right now so if it is as early as last year that being noon, you would want to go down Friday anyways. Plus with St. Patty's you will want to leave on Sunday, maybe even Monday anyways. I am pretty sure the TFC busses will be same day.

Walms
12-28-2012, 09:33 AM
I would second that notion, I am pretty sure the tickets for the Montreal game will be some sort of opt in thing where we will have to print off from account manager before a date or they will disappear. This way MLSE in only on the hook for the tickets that people going to Montreal actually use, not the 16 or thousand tix that will initially be offered to the STHs.

Since TFC is offering upwards of 16 thousand tickets to their season seat holders it will be a game at the Big O and the Impact are only playing their first two games there so it will be the one in March.

Sounds good, I cant wait for my First road trip, its gonna be smashing!

renda-10
12-28-2012, 12:26 PM
I am planning on driving there, still need to find a hotel though

billyfly
12-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Gonna try and go. Stay with cousins and drive in.

Initial B
12-30-2012, 09:15 AM
I'm planning on organizing an Ottawa contingent of people I know who are displaced Reds fans. I think I have about 9 so far. Where is the best place to buy tickets when they come on sale?

spe18
12-30-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm planning on organizing an Ottawa contingent of people I know who are displaced Reds fans. I think I have about 9 so far. Where is the best place to buy tickets when they come on sale?

I'd have to say through Ticketmaster?!!

Yohan
01-09-2013, 02:34 PM
4pm kick off time

phonzo
01-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Remember it's also St Paddy's weekend - bars will be full early. So you need to rise and shine early to start your pre-drank...glad my hotel is 5 minute stumble from Peel Pub!

Yagbod
01-09-2013, 03:24 PM
4pm kick off time

Where did you see that? The website still show's TBD.

Yohan
01-09-2013, 03:33 PM

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/schedule

Red CB Toronto
01-09-2013, 03:33 PM

It was briefly listed at 4 pm on the MLS website not the TFC one. I had since been changed to a TBD. If you look at it no MLS game in Canada has a kickoff time. I am sure this is because TSN has to map out their broadcast schedule and as of right now they do not have one major thing in hand, the NHL sked. So depending on hockey we could be faced with a noon start again.

nfitz
01-09-2013, 03:53 PM
It was briefly listed at 4 pm on the MLS website not the TFC one.It still says 4pm on http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/schedule

FluSH
01-09-2013, 06:05 PM
+10 for me

The Cavalry is coming to Montreal

Redcoe15
01-10-2013, 02:08 AM
4PM kickoff?

Excellent! Lotsa time to get your drinkface on! :drinking:

WE! WILL! BE! READY, AYE READY!!!

TFC07
01-10-2013, 02:44 AM
When is TFC going to give us tickets for Montreal game? Also, isn't TFC planning to provide transportation for this game?

spe18
01-10-2013, 06:35 PM
When is TFC going to give us tickets for Montreal game? Also, isn't TFC planning to provide transportation for this game?

IIRC, FO said information on tickets and transportation would be released sometime this month :)

phonzo
01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
IIRC, FO said information on tickets and transportation would be released sometime this month :)

this is correct - we are also waiting for time to sit with them to discuss allocation for a supporters section and how that will be handled

Red CB Toronto
01-11-2013, 03:44 PM
this is correct - we are also waiting for time to sit with them to discuss allocation for a supporters section and how that will be handled

Are TFC supporters/fans not always put together, I would think all the tickets MLSE has for SSH's would be together, but who know?
Regardless looking forward to it.

J-Man
01-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Is there any news on the hotel sittuation?

james
01-11-2013, 03:55 PM

i dont think they did actually. I noticed when i saw these teams play each other on TV last year when the camera would zoom in on Portland fans at Seattle looked like they only had about 500 fans, 1,000 at the very most, unless it was a different game you were talking about. How long of a drive is it Portland to seattle??? we had over 2,000 at columbus. 5- 6 hour drive, thats not a short journey. Imagine how much away fans we could get if there was a team only 3 hours away!

james
01-11-2013, 09:42 PM

haha, i drank 2 last night and got 4 bottles left in myfridge right now!

james
01-11-2013, 10:27 PM
probably making the trip with some friends. Hope we can get a big travelling numbers for this one!!!

Justin10000
01-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Booked a hostel for 2 nights! $40!!

james
01-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Booked a hostel for 2 nights! $40!!

you know what the hostel name is? i was thinkng if i go to the game might as well stay at least 2 nights.

Justin10000
01-12-2013, 05:31 PM
you know what the hostel name is? i was thinkng if i go to the game might as well stay at least 2 nights.

I booked with M-Montreal

http://www.m-montreal.com/

But you can use the hostel reservation sites, and check out all the hostels in Montreal

www.hostelworld.com
www.hostelbookers

james
01-13-2013, 11:30 AM
I booked with M-Montreal

http://www.m-montreal.com/

But you can use the hostel reservation sites, and check out all the hostels in Montreal

www.hostelworld.com (http://www.hostelworld.com)
www.hostelbookers (http://www.hostelbookers)

ok, thanks man!

tfc2008
01-13-2013, 04:39 PM
I hope we do it the same as last year, come all together at the subway.

toronto toronto
01-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Anyone have any recomendations of hotels right in thick of things (walking distance from the bars) that is reasonable priced?

Cuppy
01-13-2013, 10:32 PM
I hope we do it the same as last year, come all together at the subway. I 2nd that

jaahuuu
01-14-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm out, some unexpected expenses came up. I had a great time last year, hope the same for everybody this time around.

GlenM
01-14-2013, 10:25 AM
UFC night in Montreal that weekend - St Pierre is on a card on the Sat night at Bell Centre I believe.

GlenM

Relja
01-14-2013, 12:30 PM
I am hoping to get in on this and await a hotel pricing for the night so that I may properly drink with some RPB's and get to know you guys better :).

Blakfish
01-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Should make it there with a few friends. Is there one particular place TFC fans go pre/post game for drinks? Hope there's a good turn out! Been years since I've been to an away game. So much fun.

Redcoe15
01-15-2013, 01:24 PM
^^McLean's Pub (http://www.mcleanspub.com/index.php?pg=accueil_%7C_home) on Rue Peel was where we all gathered post match last year. I'd imagine that's where we'll all be hanging out in March.

Red CB Toronto
01-15-2013, 01:29 PM
^^McLean's Pub (http://www.mcleanspub.com/index.php?pg=accueil_|_home) on Rue Peel was where we all gathered post match last year. I'd imagine that's where we'll all be hanging out in March.

I would believe that would be the case once again, great times last year including the "Tower of Beer"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/303377_3752306325921_1078302823_n.jpg

GlenM
01-15-2013, 10:35 PM
I would believe that would be the case once again, great times last year including the "Tower of Beer"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/303377_3752306325921_1078302823_n.jpg

I'm in this pic.

Cool.

GlenM

Red CB Toronto
01-15-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm in this pic.

Cool.

GlenM

Yep, good times for sure, after TFC and before the Leafs.

Wooooo

Marc"2L"
01-16-2013, 12:21 AM
You know, I was just thinking how much fun I had in Columbus, and Chicago.

cementhead
01-16-2013, 10:02 AM
Already book hotel for Friday and Saturday off to Montreal we go.

Carts
01-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Already book hotel for Friday and Saturday off to Montreal we go.

I'm toying with the idea of Sunday night as well - since it's St. Paddy's Day...

Gazza
01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm toying with the idea of Sunday night as well - since it's St. Paddy's Day...

Thanks for the reminder. St. Paddy's Day in Montreal should be an experience. Now i'm even more excited.

Detroit_TFC
01-16-2013, 10:56 AM
I have no idea how many Irish are in Montreal but as long as there is booze for sale, good enough for me.

Gazza
01-16-2013, 10:59 AM
I have no idea how many Irish are in Montreal but as long as there is booze for sale, good enough for me.

More there than in Toronto i'd imagine. A ton of Pierre Maguire's in their phone book ;)

Carts
01-16-2013, 11:38 AM

I don't care if their Irish, as long as their female, hot, and from McGill University! ;)

Red4ever
01-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Booked a hotel Saturday and Sunday. Would love to bus there with lads, stand while the boys play, sit while the ladies dance and be hungover on a train ride back.

Bulletproof plan.

Redcoe15
01-16-2013, 12:39 PM
I just booked my hotel room for Friday and Saturday night at the Best Western Ville Marie on Rue Peele, just two blocks away from McLean's Pub. Two queen sized beds - one for me, and one for my brother, whom I'm bringing along.

Anybody else gonna be at the Ville Marie at that time? g:D

Red4ever
01-16-2013, 12:55 PM
I just booked my hotel room for Friday and Saturday night at the Best Western Ville Marie on Rue Peele, just two blocks away from McLean's Pub. Two queen sized beds - one for me, and one for my brother, whom I'm bringing along.

Anybody else gonna be at the Ville Marie at that time? g:D

Im there too. 4 of us. free wi-fi

Redcoe15
01-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Im there too. 4 of us.
Awesome. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

free wi-fi
And a fridge to store those big bottles of beer with the 10% alcohol content. :drunk:

Pint
01-16-2013, 02:15 PM
What part of the city is the place to stay? I'm assuming downtown but I have not been to Montreal in a long time and have never been when I have been going out at night. anybody care to say how much they paid for a hotel? I'm thinking of pricelining a hotel but if the price is decent i may just book where other TFC fans have booked.

Boschmeister
01-16-2013, 02:25 PM
What part of the city is the place to stay? I'm assuming downtown but I have not been to Montreal in a long time and have never been when I have been going out at night. anybody care to say how much they paid for a hotel? I'm thinking of pricelining a hotel but if the price is decent i may just book where other TFC fans have booked.

I assume most people are staying downtown in the St. Catherines and Crescent/Peel area. Lots of bars, "ballets", and hotels nearby. A couple of us just booked at Fairmont which is a bit pricier but its a nice hotel.

jazzy
01-16-2013, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=Pint;1552392]What part of the city is the place to stay? I'm assuming downtown but I have not been to Montreal in a long time and have never been when I have been going out at night. anybody care to say how much they paid for a hotel? I'm thinking of pricelining a hotel but if the price is decent i may just book where other TFC fans have booked.[/QUOTE
]
stay with a name u know, central, check out google/hotels.ca as has been mentioned, u can compare easily average cost is 100/150,......if u like clean...holiday inns ...express had it for $99...see best western as stated.......but check out the subway, and it's ease of use,,,its very good

J-Man
01-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Does anyone know when they are going to tell us where the RPB discount hotel is going to be Im ready to book just waiting for the info.

pekduck
01-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Does anyone know when they are going to tell us where the RPB discount hotel is going to be Im ready to book just waiting for the info.

we are still working on it, been harassing them every week since december.

J-Man
01-16-2013, 09:06 PM
we are still working on it, been harassing them every week since december.

What hotels are you looking at for us.

GlenM
01-17-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm confirmed MTL - Fri thru till Mon.

Taking Megabus RT $40, Days Inn on Rene Leve $100 per night.

Just need game ticket.

Figure check out St. Paddy's Day in MTL for a change.

Book a room even if you cancel whenever, they're going very fast.

UFC in town with St Pierre.

GlenM

Redcoe15
01-17-2013, 09:10 AM

Just need game ticket.

GlenM

Fuckin' sweet, Glen! :thumbsup:

Red CB Toronto
01-17-2013, 09:30 AM

Just need game ticket.

GlenM

Great to hear, this trip is going to be epic. Game tickets will be easy to come by as not every SSH will be able to go. Now all we need to do is enjoy a drink or two of something 10% LOL

Carts
01-17-2013, 09:34 AM
What hotel / where did we stay last year...?

jabbronies
01-17-2013, 09:55 AM
what's the deal on the SSH travel arrangements that TFC was to provide?

Carts
01-17-2013, 09:58 AM
what's the deal on the SSH travel arrangements that TFC was to provide?

Totally unconfirmed, but a social conversation with someone from the club said 'same-day buses'...

In all honesty, that would make sense for them...

Red CB Toronto
01-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Totally unconfirmed, but a social conversation with someone from the club said 'same-day buses'...

I just got an email from my rep and they are still working it all out with the Montreal FO. once they do, an email will be sent out where you will have to confirm that you want them. They are not simply going to give all season seat holders their tickets, you will have to opt it to get them like they did with the Raptors tickets.

jabbronies
01-17-2013, 11:24 AM

I'm thinking about taking the same-day bus there and then finding my own way back.

jabbronies
01-17-2013, 11:25 AM
I just got an email from my rep and they are still working it all out with the Montreal FO. once they do, an email will be sent out where you will have to confirm that you want them. They are not simply going to give all season seat holders their tickets, you will have to opt it to get them like they did with the Raptors tickets.

Did they mention anything about our free jersey?

Carts
01-17-2013, 11:29 AM

Obviously...

Was just talking about the type of transport...

Blakfish
01-17-2013, 12:35 PM
How easy is it to get tickets for this game if you're not a season ticket holder? Got a few friends who wanna join.

By the way, for hotels look at www.booking.com. Just booked 3 nights for $175 on St Laurent.

GlenM
01-17-2013, 02:32 PM
What hotel / where did we stay last year...?

Hi Carts,

You guys stayed at Days Inn on Rene Levesque.

That's where I booked a room this yr for $100 a night.

They're going very fast.

I think Suds booked one to be held just in case, he's not sure if he can go yet.

I passed onto Giles, Mark etc that I'm staying there.

GlenM

phonzo
01-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Are TFC supporters/fans not always put together, I would think all the tickets MLSE has for SSH's would be together, but who know?
Regardless looking forward to it.

Yes the general allocation will likely be together but they still want to encourage those that are a bit more vocal to do so all together.

In terms of FO details we hope to find out before the end of the month; nailing down dates for the January - TFC away game meeting with FO. As we learn more we will post :)

phonzo
01-17-2013, 04:47 PM
How easy is it to get tickets for this game if you're not a season ticket holder? Got a few friends who wanna join.

By the way, for hotels look at www.booking.com (http://www.booking.com). Just booked 3 nights for $175 on St Laurent.

It shouldn't be hard at all. There will likely be general availability as well - you'll be able to call Montreal FO and request the section.

Belfast_Boy
01-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi Carts,

You guys stayed at Days Inn on Rene Levesque.

That's where I booked a room this yr for $100 a night.

They're going very fast.

I think Suds booked one to be held just in case, he's not sure if he can go yet.

I passed onto Giles, Mark etc that I'm staying there.

GlenM

I'm booked at The Springhill Suites March 15 and 16, not far from the Days Inn. $92 a night on Priceline.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yulsh-springhill-suites-old-montreal/

Just need to arrange a couple of extra tickets and I'm grooving.

Walms
01-21-2013, 11:05 AM
how far of a drive is it to Montral from Mnt Tremblant? Im trying to arrange my Ski vacation with this trip and book my hotel at the hill

nfitz
01-21-2013, 11:34 AM
how far of a drive is it to Montral from Mnt Tremblant? Im trying to arrange my Ski vacation with this trip and book my hotel at the hillAbout 2-hours from downtown ... 90 minutes maybe if you know where your going and there is no traffic.

Personally, when I drive in to the Big O from the Laurentians, I drive to Metro Radisson near Sherbrooke and the 25, and park in the AMT commuter lot there, which always has space on weekends, and take the Metro 4 stops to Viau.

Belfast_Boy
01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
i heard that someone in U sector may have got stuck with a block of rooms. if you are looking to book a room check with them to see if this is true. maybe we could help out a fellow supporter.

Walms
01-21-2013, 12:00 PM
About 2-hours from downtown ... 90 minutes maybe if you know where your going and there is no traffic.

Personally, when I drive in to the Big O from the Laurentians, I drive to Metro Radisson near Sherbrooke and the 25, and park in the AMT commuter lot there, which always has space on weekends, and take the Metro 4 stops to Viau.

Thanks

Pint
01-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Booked - priceline express deal 102/night for the omni.

Pumped for this trip already.

Belfast_Boy
01-21-2013, 03:54 PM
just talked to a ticket rep. info should be available in a week. sounds like TFC will provide contact info in Montreal if you'd like to buy additional tickets for SSH. not sure about non season ticket holders. they were unclear if it would be a GA section.

gdg_9
01-21-2013, 04:05 PM
just talked to a ticket rep. info should be available in a week. sounds like TFC will provide contact info in Montreal if you'd like to buy additional tickets for SSH. not sure about non season ticket holders. they were unclear if it would be a GA section.

Did they mention anything about busses, etc?

Belfast_Boy
01-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Did they mention anything about busses, etc?

I didn't ask. If I had to guess I'd say you are on your own. a buddy did get a megabus trip for $40 return. can't beat that.

http://ca.megabus.com/default.aspx

keep in mind it's UFC 158 with GSP. the city will be mental.

Marc"2L"
01-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Boo layoffs

Not going any more.
-1 to the maybes

4evared
01-21-2013, 07:43 PM
i heard that someone in U sector may have got stuck with a block of rooms. if you are looking to book a room check with them to see if this is true. maybe we could help out a fellow supporter.

Hey Mark. Could you P.M. Me with any contact numbers for U Se tor that may need to off load any rooms?

Thanks mate.

Belfast_Boy
01-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Hey Mark. Could you P.M. Me with any contact numbers for U Se tor that may need to off load any rooms?

Thanks mate.

Sorry Kevin I have no contact info for those guys. I just heard about it yesterday and thought someone here could help out if it was accurate.

GlenM
01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm booked at The Springhill Suites March 15 and 16, not far from the Days Inn. $92 a night on Priceline.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yulsh-springhill-suites-old-montreal/

Just need to arrange a couple of extra tickets and I'm grooving.

WOW good rate Mark.

Yup, I believe I know where that Springhill Suites is.

Pretty close to Days Inn.

This looks like party central again LOL :)

Thanks for shout out for Mega Bus.

Yup, $40 R\T

I'm going from Fri thru Mon.

Got to see what St. Paddy's is like in MTL.

Can't wait.

Just need ticket for Supporters section good to go.

Don't forget to get your metro tokens to avoid the lineups last time.

Maclean's meet up Fri and\or Sat again?

Game is prob 1 or 4 Sat fol by UFC.

I should be there mid Fri aft.

Post where peeps going to meet up etc.

GlenM

jazzy
01-21-2013, 10:45 PM
WOW good rate Mark.

Yup, I believe I know where that Springhill Suites is.

Pretty close to Days Inn.

This looks like party central again LOL :)

Thanks for shout out for Mega Bus.

Yup, $40 R\T

I'm going from Fri thru Mon.

Got to see what St. Paddy's is like in MTL.

Can't wait.

Just need ticket for Supporters section good to go.

Don't forget to get your metro tokens to avoid the lineups last time.

Maclean's meet up Fri and\or Sat again?

Game is prob 1 or 4 Sat fol by UFC.

I should be there mid Fri aft.

Post where peeps going to meet up etc.

GlenM

Glen sounds like you have one foot on the bus already,..lol

still saw on priceline the days inn at under $100 for anyone interested.

Redcoe15
01-22-2013, 12:11 AM
What about those of us booked around the Rue Peel area? We're right in the thick of things, party wise.

GlenM
01-23-2013, 08:53 AM
What about those of us booked around the Rue Peel area? We're right in the thick of things, party wise.

Oh Yeah Redcoe15 Rue Peel is DA BOMB!

We'll be there...

Maclean's Pub, Poutine heaven, Danse Contact, 10 percent beer...

AGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!!!

GlenM

Red CB Toronto
01-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Once the kickoff is confirmed we are going to have to book a bar quick, especially if it is 4 pm as stated on the Impact website as there is UFC that night and it is St. Paddy's Day weekend. I really wonder if anywhere will let us book a mass reservation for after the game with all that is going on, to tell you the truth they really do not need us and it might be more of a head ach for them than it is worth. Hopefully our stomping ground at McLean's is accommodating.

deltox
01-24-2013, 11:45 AM
for anyone that needs help with booking trips or hotels for away games, my friend Kerri is a Manager at a flight centre. she can be reached at 1-855-826-1647.

J-Man
01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
I booked here http://www.hoteleuropa.com/en/ its a bestwestern its 10 min from Mcleans pub good rates as well.

Laiping
01-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Already booked Mega Bus and InterContinental Hotel on 360 Saint Antonine for two nights. We can't wait! :))

Carts
01-24-2013, 12:22 PM
I booked here http://www.hoteleuropa.com/en/ its a bestwestern its 10 min from Mcleans pub good rates as well.

I stayed there once on a Breakaway Tours New Years Eve thing - left my DNA all over that hotel...

J-Man
01-24-2013, 12:30 PM
I stayed there once on a Breakaway Tours New Years Eve thing - left my DNA all over that hotel...

Was it a nice clean Hotel the wife want's something clean How was the rooms?

Yohan
01-24-2013, 12:45 PM
if i'm going to spend a little more, i'd rather stay at Embassy Hilton next door to Intercontinental. the bathroom is humongous and you get a hot tub in every suite

Carts
01-24-2013, 12:46 PM

I've actually stayed there a bunch of times (b/c its by the Bell Centre)... Typical Best Western standards...

Simple, clean, perfect to lay your head, have a shower, rest of the time out in the city...

You'll be good...

deltox
01-24-2013, 01:10 PM
i think i'm staying at the universal. spitting distance to the stadium

J-Man
01-24-2013, 01:12 PM
I've actually stayed there a bunch of times (b/c its by the Bell Centre)... Typical Best Western standards...

Simple, clean, perfect to lay your head, have a shower, rest of the time out in the city...

You'll be good...

Thanks for the Info i can always cancel if the away team come up with a RPB hotel. Have you heard anything about it?

JayMolly
01-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Does anyone know what hotel the players stay at when playing in Montreal?
M

Petor
01-25-2013, 07:15 PM
For those still looking for a hotel, this is a good link...
https://www.google.ca/hotels/#search;l=montreal;d=2013-03-14;n=3;si=29b0edc0

denime
01-25-2013, 08:57 PM
UFC 158: ST-PIERRE vs. DIAZ

Saturday, March 16, 2013
Bell Centre (http://www.evenko.ca/en/show/venues/detail/111), Montreal.

I just got tickets on presale,if someone wants it,here it is.

Go to: http://www.evenko.ca/en/show/event/u...-vs.-diaz-7045 (http://www.evenko.ca/en/show/event/ufc-158-st-pierre-vs.-diaz-7045)

Presale option: http://www.evenko.ca/html/tickets/ufc158/presales.html

Bottom under Social ticket;Password is UFCSOCIAL

GOOD LUCK and see you in Montreal!

Bluenose13
01-25-2013, 11:23 PM
UFC 158: ST-PIERRE vs. DIAZ

Saturday, March 16, 2013
Bell Centre (http://www.evenko.ca/en/show/venues/detail/111), Montreal.

I just got tickets on presale,if someone wants it,here it is.

Go to: http://www.evenko.ca/en/show/event/u...-vs.-diaz-7045 (http://www.evenko.ca/en/show/event/ufc-158-st-pierre-vs.-diaz-7045)

Presale option: http://www.evenko.ca/html/tickets/ufc158/presales.html

Bottom under Social ticket;Password is UFCSOCIAL

GOOD LUCK and see you in Montreal!Thanks D, just picked up 3 seats.....Going to be 1 crazy day.

DOMIN8R
01-26-2013, 12:03 AM
I guess I'm going to MTRL. I just bought 2 tickets to the UFC event. Now to figure out how to make a March break, a wedding in Mexico and a family trip to NY (within the same 10 days) work so that my head doesn't explode.

Auzzy
01-27-2013, 12:26 AM
We just booked a big two queen, two bedroom suite at Candlewood Suites. Staying there with my family Wed. through Sunday; travelling Via Rail on points. We've stayed at that Candlewood before. Not amazing, but great price and great location, especially for the amount of space you get, plus a kitchen in the suite etc. You can get suites for up to 6 people, starting at $135 per night, or starting at $96 for smaller suites.

Just don't come there if you plan on being noisy overnight... ;) Although I'm sure others will already be doing that...

I wonder if there will be a family-friendly section for Toronto fans in the stadium. I don't want to get in anyone's way who wants to stand & dance; but my kids won't want to stand. We shall see...

cementhead
01-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Staying at the same hotel look to be a good deal book about month a go.

Redcoe15
01-27-2013, 11:04 AM
I just got off the phone with my brother. I gave him our travel schedule for getting to and from Montreal in March. He's excited about the trip as he's never experienced Montreal before. Or what it's like being with a supporters group on the road. He'll fit right in as he likes beer as much as his brother. :drinking::drunk:

You have been notified. g:D

Pint
01-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Looks like I will be adding a 3rd person to the trip, any idea how i can get another ticket to the game?

Also i'm assuming it will basically be GA in the supporters section?

Red CB Toronto
01-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Looks like I will be adding a 3rd person to the trip, any idea how i can get another ticket to the game?

Also i'm assuming it will basically be GA in the supporters section?

As of right now we do not know how away tickets will be handled due to the fact TFC is giving all of their season ticket holders tickets to the game, which would be in the range of 16K. Now we all know that not all people will take their tickets for the game in Montreal. Also what has not been revealed is is if people will have any choice in selection of their seats.

daner90
01-27-2013, 02:14 PM
I just got off the phone with my brother. I gave him our travel schedule for getting to and from Montreal in March. He's excited about the trip as he's never experienced Montreal before. Or what it's like being with a supporters group on the road. He'll fit right in as he likes beer as much as his brother. :drinking::drunk:

You have been notified. g:D

Call the Game Warden, because there are going to be 2 animals loose in Montreal!!!