View Full Version : Pre/In/Post Game: TFC @ Santos Laguna Wed 24 Oct 8pm

Yohan
10-20-2012, 11:09 PM
For those of you that give a damn still. On Sportsnet One

I'd be pleasantly surprised if TFC only lose 3-0

[NBF]
10-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Trident of Sorry Endings!

Fuck just stick a fucking fork in this team and end this season already. If anyone saw the game last night it was the same fucking game as the last 13 weeks. If you think that somehow they're going to play better because they had two weeks off, well you are fucking wrong.

Yesterday's game was the last at home and they played shit poor and I thought to myself, just one more game..... thank god.

Now, Im reminded that the team will get blasted by Santos Laguna on Tuesday. Well, what do you do other than wish they show Mariner having a mental breakdown, its about the only entertainment in this game.

.....and then there's the last bit of bad news. The last game of the season, well whoopdee doo. It really makes you wish you had a dog that shits everywhere and you would rather clean up his shit than make time to watch this team eat its own shit.

No offence to those still wishing to enjoy the last 2 games of the season, but when I saw this thread, the immidiate thought that came to mind was this:

The End

NoBFhdeR9PE

denime
10-21-2012, 09:50 PM
If we are lucky they will play their academy team and we will lose 3-0,otherwise 6-0.

Shakes McQueen
10-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Hope they win, but kind of know they won't. Just close the book on 2012, please.

- Scott

nfitz
10-21-2012, 11:03 PM
The way the season is going, we'll win 3-1 and still not get the Champions League play-off spot on goal differential.

Ajax TFC
10-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Tuesday is the 23d, wednesday is the 24th. And I don't give enough of a shit to see which one it is

tfcleeds
10-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Don't really care as I just want this season to be over - but hope we can keep things respectable, unlike the last time.

Initial B
10-22-2012, 09:37 AM
I'd say 4-1 Santos if the game actually meant something, but I wouldn't be surprised if Santos plays their kids and actually lose by a 2-3 point margin considering the goal differential available to be splurged. Then again, this is TFC with 2/3s of our salary injured. I'll say 1-1 or 2-1 for Santos.

Fort York Redcoat
10-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Tuesday is the 23d, wednesday is the 24th.

Correct and MLS sched confirms it.

8pm. Anyone up for Joes or elsewhere post up or PM. Good or bad this is Champions League. We've been lucky to be here 4 years in a row so I'm going to enjoy this game. Who knows when we'll see another.

__wowza
10-22-2012, 12:17 PM
WE'RE GONNA WIN.
why? because fuck it, that's why!!

ManUtd4ever
10-22-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't know if I have the stomach to watch this one. It might be reminiscent of the CMNT's recent performance in Honduras.

Fort York Redcoat
10-22-2012, 12:24 PM
I don't know if I have the stomach to watch this one. It might be reminiscent of the CMNT's recent performance in Honduras.

I was waiting for that one. The beauty of Country and Club (usually) is not to dwell on the loss in one and move on to the other. Let's hope this is the case Wednesday.

-sigh-

WED. 8pm at Joe's. I will still be there!

TOBOR !
10-22-2012, 12:29 PM
We'll win 4-0, just to drag this season on and so Mariner can say something like 'yeah, we're shit in the league, but what about... oh, wait... nvm'.

I also wonder if CBlake ; will be going to the game, to cheer on the 11 men on the field, like.

Ajax TFC
10-22-2012, 12:54 PM
RJ9 with the hattrick for a 3-0 result. Get ready for another Rogers Center quarter final!

Red CB Toronto
10-22-2012, 12:58 PM
We'll win 4-0, just to drag this season on and so Mariner can say something like 'yeah, we're shit in the league, but what about... oh, wait... nvm'.

I also wonder if @CBlake (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/member.php?u=59) ; will be going to the game, to cheer on the 11 men on the field, like.

I will unfortunately will not be down Mexico. Having made four road games already this season, three in Montreal and New York a few weeks ago I will be watching this one comfortablely from the confines of my own living room.

It is going to be a tough one for the lads to overcome especially when the goal difference comes into play. That third goal in the loss at home to Santos Laguna could prove to be the killer even in the event of a Reds victory.

TOBOR !
10-22-2012, 01:12 PM
I will unfortunately will not be down Mexico. Having made four road games already this season, three in Montreal and New York a few weeks ago I will be watching this one comfortablely from the confines of my own living room.

It is going to be a tough one for the lads to overcome especially when the goal difference comes into play. That third goal in the loss at home to Santos Laguna could prove to be the killer even in the event of a Reds victory.

I don't know how you keep a straight face - well done. :)

Red Rat
10-22-2012, 02:38 PM
I say leave the entire team there f'em!!

Alonso
10-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Apparently Santos is not on form this year: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/10/ccl-toronto-travels-torreon

Maybe we can manage a result there after all... but as mentioned it'll have to be a huge result to get over the loss we had here.

Yohan
10-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Apparently Santos is not on form this year: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/10/ccl-toronto-travels-torreon

Maybe we can manage a result there after all... but as mentioned it'll have to be a huge result to get over the loss we had here.
TFC 2nd stringer vs Santos? come now.. lol

Torontotonto
10-22-2012, 05:20 PM
TFC 8 - SANTOS 1
Plays the best game of the year
Whoo Hoo COYREDS

:party:

Alonso
10-22-2012, 05:22 PM
TFC 2nd stringer vs Santos? come now.. lol

LOL... I'm always grasping for straws when it comes to TFC... trying to delude myself into some kind of hope. Optimistic to a fault I guess.

Alonso
10-22-2012, 05:22 PM
TFC 8 - SANTOS 1
Plays the best game of the year
Whoo Hoo COYREDS

:party:

There we go!

I'm on board with this.

Derko
10-22-2012, 08:32 PM
^ I love it.:drinking:

bigredone
10-23-2012, 07:39 AM
I really hope ManU or RM wins the UEFA champions league so our mid can shut down their attacks in the club WC. Terry 'Persie slayer' Dunfield.

pdogg
10-23-2012, 07:49 AM
From wikipedia

Toronto FC will advance to the next round if they defeat Santos Laguna by at least three goals or by two goals where they score at least four goals; otherwise, Santos Laguna will advance to the next round.

So... you're telling me there's a chance... YEAH! :scarf:

TOBOR !
10-23-2012, 08:13 AM
I just thought of one advantage we have this time over last time we were down there... JDG won't be there.

Sure, neither will a bunch of other players, but it can only be a good thing.

narduch
10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
From the twitters: O'Dea and Hassli are out for this game.

Hassli's wife just gave birth.

GlenM
10-23-2012, 01:09 PM
The winning and goals are one thing, the second half will be the biggest challenge.

Every time Santos kicks it into another gear especially at home in the second half.

It'll be tough to keep a clean sheat.

TFC 4 Santos 1

Somehow we get thru.

It'll be seriously tough, not impossible.

Note:

Game 1 of the World Series is on Wed night.

Usual places should have on.

GlenM

bones
10-23-2012, 01:14 PM

I remember similar talk about the Honduran squad just before the Canada melt down :(

cmonyoureds
10-23-2012, 01:16 PM
With TFC leading 4-0 in second half the game is called due to crowd violence and gunfire.
As the game was not completed, an unprecedented ruling is made. The result is to disqualify this round of results in it's entirety and pre-match standings are used as qualification for the next round.

Oldtimer
10-23-2012, 02:16 PM
I just thought of one advantage we have this time over last time we were down there... JDG won't be there.

I know people don't like JDG, but he was usually very good in CCL play.

Yohan
10-23-2012, 02:22 PM
When he is not making boneheaded tackles and give away critical penalty...

TOBOR !
10-23-2012, 02:37 PM
^this

lobo
10-23-2012, 02:48 PM
i predict ....

LOLOLOL

bigredone
10-23-2012, 04:43 PM
i predict ....

LOLOLOL

A laugh out loud prediction is leaning towards a TFC victory, no?

ouderwien
10-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Atleast we don't have Aceval attempting to head a ball away at hip level.

Ajax TFC
10-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Terry 'Persie slayer' Dunfield.
not in the same season as the world cup, please

Yohan
10-23-2012, 06:40 PM
I really miss Nick Soolsma *sigh*

ManUtd4ever
10-23-2012, 07:35 PM
It just occured to me that the last time TFC was heading into Torreon, the massive CCL quarter final victory over LA was fresh in our minds, I was on top of the world as a TFC supporter, and the club seemed to be on the cusp of something special. It doesn't seem like it, but that was a relatively short time ago. Fuck me.

JayMolly
10-23-2012, 07:39 PM

Couldn't agree more.
As a matter of fact, those same words came out of my mouth watching that mediocre game on Saturday.

ouderwien
10-23-2012, 07:40 PM

Me too. Of all the players we have lost over the past season, Soolsma by far is one I'll miss the most.

JayMolly
10-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Me too. Of all the players we have lost over the past season, Soolsma by far is one I'll miss the most.
Further to ManU's note, Soolsma was part of that great game and great atmosphere at Rogers in March. . . .

Section 117
10-23-2012, 07:47 PM
As bad as this sounds maybe TFC needs to have a game as bad as the CMNT. Get fucking blown out, like 8 or 9 nothing.

Think about it lose soo bad, Anselmi is forced into because we get utterly humiliated. I never wish ill on my team, never cheered for them to lose. But this might be the first time.

GlenM
10-23-2012, 08:15 PM
NOTE: This game is on TV - Rogers (SNWL) Channel 429

TFC website is advertising this game is on Sportsnet One Rogers Channel 99

10/24 8:00PM EDT

Champions League
at Torreon

Santos Laguna

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/imagecache/schedule_team_logo/santos_laguna_100x100_0.png

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/imagecache/schedule_team_logo/toronto_150.png

Toronto FC

Sportsnet One

Ensure you check with the bar you're going to to ensure they have it.

GlenM

Ajax TFC
10-23-2012, 08:26 PM
but he's a waste of an international spot, but he made 100k, but he's slow, this frees up cap room to sign some good players - are all the excuses the Mariner apologists gave us for why getting rid of him for nothing was a good move

and my favourite: "no other MLS teams picked him up so that confirms that he wasn't good enough for us either"

tfcleeds
10-23-2012, 08:30 PM
As bad as this sounds maybe TFC needs to have a game as bad as the CMNT. Get fucking blown out, like 8 or 9 nothing.

Think about it lose soo bad, Anselmi is forced into because we get utterly humiliated. I never wish ill on my team, never cheered for them to lose. But this might be the first time.

I wouldn't complain if they did in this instance...if it saved us from another season of Captain Short-Shorts.

Yohan
10-23-2012, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't complain if they did in this instance...if it saved us from another season of Captain Short-Shorts.
nah. MLSE would justify keeping Mariner by saying TFC is injury ridden for the game

TOBOR !
10-23-2012, 09:25 PM
It's Torreon bookends, innit. This season has basically been a reflection of itself, folded in the middle where Winter was fired. A loss in Torreon, followed by an inexplicable run of poor league results, Winter's firing, a run of poor league results, and what's certain to be another loss in Torreon.... and you can throw a couple of Danny K injuries in there as well.

It's been like one giant Rorschach mess.

Luanda
10-23-2012, 09:39 PM

You are most probably, though most unfortunately, right.

KGH
10-23-2012, 09:50 PM

Imagine if he rocked this lid while he was here:

http://www.jupilerleague.nl/nieuws/aanvaller-excelsior-breekt-botten_5308.php

lobo
10-24-2012, 01:19 AM
but he's a waste of an international spot, but he made 100k, but he's slow, this frees up cap room to sign some good players - are all the excuses the Mariner apologists gave us for why getting rid of him for nothing was a good move

and my favourite: "no other MLS teams picked him up so that confirms that he wasn't good enough for us either"

the Mariner apologists ... are there any still around? if so, they're pretty damn quiet these days.

just before Winter was let go, there was a lot of strong opinions about him both ways, lots of people said he had to go, but by my estimation almost as many people advocated being patient and riding it out with Winter, and then he was gone - yet even the pro-Winter voices understood the decision ... with Mariner, there are only very few willing to advocate patience for him anymore (if anything their argument is for stability, which is not necessarily pro-Mariner), but MLSE is sticking with him tight, and nobody seems to be able to rationalize that.

things that make you go hmmmmm

Fort York Redcoat
10-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Still not about to wish a loss for the reds. I'm not in the camp that that's what it would take to rid our club of the manager.

Besides, I want more Champions League!!!

I'll be at Joe's an hour from kickoff unless they don't have it. Then it'll be Football Factory or the Duke.

narduch
10-24-2012, 07:19 AM
A loss isn't getting anyone at TFC fired, no matter how bad. Especially now with the rumours that renewals are going strong.

Besides, most TFC fans won't even notice this game, considering its a road game shoved onto Sportsnet World.

Fort York Redcoat
10-24-2012, 07:43 AM
A loss isn't getting anyone at TFC fired, no matter how bad. Especially now with the rumours that renewals are going strong.

Besides, most TFC fans won't even notice this game, considering its a road game shoved onto Sportsnet World.

link?

most tfc fans will miss Champions league when its gone, then.

narduch
10-24-2012, 07:46 AM
link?

most tfc fans will miss Champions league when its gone, then.

Its in the Let's Send a Message thread.

Fort York Redcoat
10-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Especially now with the rumours that renewals are going strong.

Didn't see it. I hope this is true.

TOBOR !
10-24-2012, 08:54 AM
This could be our last CL action for some time, friends.

Oldtimer
10-24-2012, 09:18 AM
This could be our last CL action for some time, friends.

For sure.

I seriously doubt TFC will win the Canadian Championship next year with Mariner at the helm. Even if he's fired mid-season, Anselmi style, it will be too late. Realistically, with no 2014 first round draft pick and most talented players gone, it will be at least 2 years until TFC is in the CL again, even if TFC hires a good replacement.

So this game, as ugly as it's likely to turn out, should be appreciated as the last of what has been a bright spot in an otherwise dreary 6 years.

Joe Kool
10-24-2012, 10:22 AM
For sure.

I seriously doubt TFC will win the Canadian Championship next year with Mariner at the helm. Even if he's fired mid-season, Anselmi style, it will be too late. Realistically, with no 2014 first round draft pick and most talented players gone, it will be at least 2 years until TFC is in the CL again, even if TFC hires a good replacement.

So this game, as ugly as it's likely to turn out, should be appreciated as the last of what has been a bright spot in an otherwise dreary 6 years.

I don't agree that we will be knocked out of the Canadian Championship that easily even with Mariner. If we are going to pull upsets against Montreal and Vancouver (even if we have to get our weather controlling machine) next year it will be in the NCC. If you said, with another full year with Mariner, it is likely we will be in last again in MLS I could agree on that. I think we have a horseshoe up our ass with the NCC though. Even with Winter's losing streak in MLS we did well in NCC. I think if the team is healthy we could still do it for sure even with the same roster we have now.

Richard
10-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Im thinking we loose by 3 goals at most, Santos will play some 2nd,3rd subs this game, they will also take us lightly and probably only step on the gas if they dont have goals.

Ajax TFC
10-24-2012, 10:41 AM
It's Torreon bookends, innit. This season has basically been a reflection of itself, folded in the middle where Winter was fired. A loss in Torreon, followed by an inexplicable run of poor league results, Winter's firing, a run of poor league results, and what's certain to be another loss in Torreon.... and you can throw a couple of Danny K injuries in there as well.

It's been like one giant Rorschach mess.
add to that the string of good results at the end of Winter's time and the beginning of Mariner's.

supersaint
10-24-2012, 10:54 AM

Talented, skillful, entertaining....in other words he had no characteristics that would be of any use in a Paul Mariner coached side.

GlenM
10-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Game is being shown on:

10/24 8:00PM EDT

Champions League
at Torreon

Santos Laguna

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/imagecache/schedule_team_logo/santos_laguna_100x100_0.png

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/imagecache/schedule_team_logo/toronto_150.png

Toronto FC

Sportsnet World

Concacaf TV

http://www.concacaf.com/page/Home/0,,12813,00.html

GlenM

Yohan
10-24-2012, 01:35 PM
anyone got this feeling of looking forward to this game like you're enduring a funeral? or a trainwreck about to happen?

Chevy
10-24-2012, 01:44 PM
When he is not making boneheaded tackles and give away critical penalty...

Way to pick the scab. I was just about to get over that.

ag futbol
10-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Thank god for concacaf TV, as if I don't have enough crap TV channels as it is.

Parkdale
10-24-2012, 01:51 PM
hey everyone ----- if the game is on sportsnet world, then Joe doesn't get it.

I'm thinking of bringing a laptop, but I dont want to be one guy sitting in a bar watching soccer on my computer.

sigh. has it really come down to this? it's not even on regular cable.

narduch
10-24-2012, 01:55 PM

Yohan
10-24-2012, 02:03 PM

I'm thinking of bringing a laptop, but I dont want to be one guy sitting in a bar watching soccer on my computer.

Sportsnet One has Detroit vs Minnesota NBA preseason game.

this is so sad

Alonso
10-24-2012, 02:17 PM

Apparently The Duke of Gloucester will be showing the game...

To far for me to bother going though. Joe's is a 10 minute walk for me, Gloucester... not so much.

denime
10-24-2012, 03:03 PM

Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) Broadcast alert: Wednesday's #CCL (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CCL&src=hash) match at 8 p.m. ET is now on @Sportsnet (https://twitter.com/Sportsnet) World, no longer on Sportsnet One. #TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TorontoFC&src=hash) #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash)

Technorgasm
10-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) Broadcast alert: Wednesday's #CCL (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CCL&src=hash) match at 8 p.m. ET is now on @Sportsnet (https://twitter.com/Sportsnet) World, no longer on Sportsnet One. #TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TorontoFC&src=hash) #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash)

if anyone finds a stream please post.
thanks

tfcleeds
10-24-2012, 06:25 PM
www.concacaf.com (http://www.concacaf.com) showing it.

narduch
10-24-2012, 06:26 PM
TFC lineup: F. Hall; J. Hall, Eckersley, Cann, Morgan; Avila, Maund, Dunfield, Lambe; Silva, Johnson

Subs: Roberts; Williams, Henry, Cordon, Wiedeman Lindsay

jloome
10-24-2012, 06:27 PM
if anyone finds a stream please post.
thanks

All of the games in CONCACAF champions league are broadcast on CONCACAF TV, online. It's a decent stream, and they employ a rather disinterested British announcer. it's also free.

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home

ManUtd4ever
10-24-2012, 06:30 PM
www.concacaf.com (http://www.concacaf.com) showing it.

Thanks.

I know our chances of advancing are next to nil, but it's simply pathetic that we have to resort to watching the game on a free live stream, especially when you consider that the network that decided to bump a CCL match off of cable television at the last minute is owned by the same group that is now a part owner of the fucking club.

Petor
10-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks.

I know our chances of advancing are next to nil, but it's simply pathetic that we have to resort to watching the game on a free live stream, especially when you consider that the network that decided to bump a CCL match off of cable television at the last minute is owned by the same group that is now a part owner of the fucking club.

Ya! What he ^^^ said! In spades!!!

jloome
10-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks.

It's just their friendly way of saying, "It's not about you, asshole, it's about your money."

tfcleeds
10-24-2012, 06:34 PM
^For a NBA exhibition game that doesn't even involve the Raps for pete's sake. (in response to ManUtds post)

Abou Sky
10-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks.

I would do the same if I were them, hate to say it but business is business and nobody cares about this game.

tfcleeds
10-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I suppose the number of Pistons fans in SW Ontario is greater than the number of people who would be interested in this game. Still.

Petor
10-24-2012, 06:42 PM
I would do the same if I were them, hate to say it but business is business and nobody cares about this game.

Sounds like you got a little Tom in ya, supply and demand. ;)

Alonso
10-24-2012, 06:53 PM
It's just their friendly way of saying, "It's not about you, asshole, it's about your money."

LOL

So true.

narduch
10-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I suppose the number of Pistons fans in SW Ontario is greater than the number of people who would be interested in this game. Still.

Its also being played in Winnipeg.

Alonso
10-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Can any one else get the high resolution setting to work?

It has Hi, Med, Lo option but I can't select anything other then low resolution....

Had this problem last time, is it just me?

.... for the Concacaf stream that is....

tfcleeds
10-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Its also being played in Winnipeg.

Wasn't aware of that. Obviously that would play a significant part in their decision. Shows you how much I follow the NBA! :)

Suds
10-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Will only stay on low for me. Tried on both chrome and firefox browsers.

Alonso
10-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Will only stay on low for me. Tried on both chrome and firefox browsers.

Thanks.

Not too many fans in the stadium.... Like a few thousand maybe.

Yohan
10-24-2012, 07:03 PM
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/148610/1/watch-santos-laguna-vs-toronto-fc.html

More streams.

It's on Fox Soccer Network

David_Oliveira
10-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Stream is up

tfcleeds
10-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Funny...never recall having to register for CONCACAF site before...guess I'll just watch here:

http://atdhenet.tv/53278/watch-santos-laguna-vs-toronto-fc

Suds
10-24-2012, 07:05 PM
so what are peeps realistic predictions?

Alonso
10-24-2012, 07:08 PM
so what are peeps realistic predictions?

g:D

4-2 TFC Victory!

And on to the quarters!

Eastend
10-24-2012, 07:09 PM
I believe we need to win by 3.

Having said that, realistic I think 3 or 4-nil Santos.

Dom

GlenM
10-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Second half is what I'm worried about.

I say 4 -1 TFC

Hang tough all in

GlenM

__wowza
10-24-2012, 07:12 PM
fuck me, here we go again from johnson!!

Yohan
going to be a lot of ass puckering moment with Gomez and Quintero up front for Santos

TFC lineup

F. Hall, J. Hall, Eckersley, Cann, Morgan, Lambe, Maund, Dunfield, Avila, Silva, Johnson

Suds
I'm think Santos 3 - TFC 1. We score first, get a glimmer of hope, then Santos turns it on as the game wears on and kills us off like they do to most teams that travel there.

GlenM
10-24-2012, 07:13 PM
FOX stream is best atm full screen.

GlenM

__wowza
hassli just had a kid?

Yohan
hassli just had a kid?
yep.

Alonso
10-24-2012, 07:14 PM
I believe we need to win by 3.

Having said that, realistic I think 3 or 4-nil Santos.

Dom

According to Concacaf announcer as long as we get 4 goals we only need to win by 2.

Not sure if he's right though...

Yohan
10-24-2012, 07:16 PM
lol comical and lucky to not be down a goal

__wowza
10-24-2012, 07:16 PM
HOLY SHIT.
hall came up BIG.

i just deleted a post that said "its not so much that we're looking good as it is santos is playing pretty weark right now".

Petor
10-24-2012, 07:18 PM
FOX stream is best atm full screen.

GlenM

Link?

Eastend
According to Concacaf announcer as long as we get 4 goals we only need to win by 2.

Not sure if he's right though...

They are +11 and we are +5 on goal difference. We need to win BY atleast 3 to go through.

Dom

__wowza
Link?

__wowza
10-24-2012, 07:20 PM
jesus, an illegal third party stream is coming in clearer then the official..

Yohan
10-24-2012, 07:20 PM
god it's frustrating to watch Jeremy Hall defend 1v1

Petor
10-24-2012, 07:21 PM

Thanks!!! :D

Suds
that has to be on net ... ugh!!

Eastend
I have to say, these commentators are very "kind" in their evaluation of TFC.

Yohan
you suck Johnson. two clear chances missed

__wowza
jesus fucking christ ryan!! no one on him..

ag futbol
10-24-2012, 07:22 PM
*groan*

Ryan Johnson is having one of those nights...

__wowza
10-24-2012, 07:22 PM
adrian conn?

Suds
10-24-2012, 07:24 PM
for fuck sake we need to take these chances!!

Dkolish3
10-24-2012, 07:25 PM
We might just do it.

I BELIEVE.

West220Side
10-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Just trying to spark conversation here,
What does everybody think about Felipe Baloy? I think he'd look strong beside O'dea. What do you think his salary is?

http://p2.trrsf.com/image/get?src=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.terra.com%2F2012%2F07% 2F17%2Fbaloy.jpg&o=cf&vs=301x464&hs=619x464

Yohan
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
What does everybody think about Felipe Baloy? I think he'd look strong beside O'dea. What do you think his salary is?

http://p2.trrsf.com/image/get?src=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.terra.com%2F2012%2F07% 2F17%2Fbaloy.jpg&o=cf&vs=301x464&hs=619x464
DP. Probably 1 mil at least

zeelaw
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Johnson, come on.

Auzzy
10-24-2012, 07:30 PM
You've always had to register for the CONCACAF live streams. It's easy & free though.

Man, three easy chances for TFC, 2 for RJ & one for Lambey, gotta put those away.

Santos looks pretty disinterested so far. I have the feeling they could turn it up three notches whenever they feel like it.

Dkolish3
10-24-2012, 07:31 PM

He has a nice beard, we need more beard at TFC

__wowza
10-24-2012, 07:31 PM
the streams not as good as the fox soccer one though, it breaks up far too easily and doesn't have a clock.

Abou Sky
10-24-2012, 07:33 PM
you suck Johnson. two clear chances missed

My son met him and told him 'no more missing PK's'

From the mouths of babes...

Auzzy
10-24-2012, 07:35 PM
My CONCACAF stream is great. I'm afraid of messing with it by trying another stream.

Alonso
10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
My CONCACAF stream is great. I'm afraid of messing with it by trying another stream.

ditto.

Fox stream is not better for me....

__wowza
10-24-2012, 07:39 PM

huh, weird. i just want something with more play-by-play. im making mac & cheese.

Yohan
10-24-2012, 07:39 PM
lol@Toronto's MVP Terry Dunfield

Eastend
10-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Dunfield, what a douche. Told 3 times to play on.

Yohan
10-24-2012, 07:41 PM
ah. not a good play by Morgan

Yohan
10-24-2012, 07:42 PM
jesus. that was quite a toss by Freddy Hall

Eastend
10-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Freddy Montero plays goal for TFC now? Huh.

Abou Sky
10-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Dunfield, what a douche. Told 3 times to play on.

Watch it man, Terry D is my boy!

Auzzy
10-24-2012, 07:47 PM
huh, weird. i just want something with more play-by-play. im making mac & cheese.

I definitely didn't select the CONCACAF stream for the commentary! ;) Matches the intensity of the game though.

Officiating has been OK. I predict a 2nd yellow or a PK before the end of the game though. TFC hanging back way to far now. Boneheadedness by Dunfield. Morgan not much better.

Eastend
10-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Douche

__wowza
it doesnt matter if hall has the ball, it's just going back to santos if it i comes off his foot anyway..

Yohan
TFC looks out of ideas already.

Eastend
10-24-2012, 07:49 PM
I definitely didn't select the CONCACAF stream for the commentary! ;) Matches the intensity of the game though.

Officiating has been OK. I predict a 2nd yellow or a PK before the end of the game though. TFC hanging back way to far now. Boneheadedness by Dunfield. Morgan not much better.

Morgan was beat, good yellow to take at that point.

gracos
10-24-2012, 07:49 PM
TFC will be out tonight, we need to score at least 1 by halftime, and score the 2nd in the 2nd half

Yohan
10-24-2012, 07:50 PM
yikes. a laser freekick by quintero off the post

Eastend
10-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Oh fuck. Luuucccckkkyyyyy

Suds
10-24-2012, 07:51 PM
TFC looks out of ideas already.

Yep. We had those few chances where we got in behind them. Santos is now keen to that and we have nothing else to challenge them with.

Alonso
10-24-2012, 07:53 PM
TFC playing the 10-0-0 formation at the end there...

Auzzy
10-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Morgan was beat, good yellow to take at that point.

True, nothing particular against Morgan. Most TFC players being way too lax though all over the place. Incl. Morgan when he just lost the ball at the edge of the penalty area. Why the hell are they leaving Santos acres of space in front of the penalty area, to shoot or cross?

sully
10-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Unsure in defense, midfield outplayed, attack nowhere and coach's tactics clueless. Santos could go up a few gears if they had to.

Yohan
I'll take 0-0 at the half, considering I expected TFC to be down 3-0 already

Eastend
Well, a couple chance with limited possession. The big pictue not looking good though. Need 3 goals with noone looking like they're ready to step up. Been a long, tough year all around.

Dom

jloome
10-24-2012, 07:58 PM
TFC playing the 10-0-0 formation at the end there...

The Legendary TFC 10-0-0, I think you mean....

Eastend
10-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Maybe someone told Mariner they just need a draw.

Dom

Alonso
10-24-2012, 08:07 PM
The Legendary TFC 10-0-0, I think you mean....

Yup.

That's the one.

ag futbol
10-24-2012, 08:12 PM
"We're probably going to see this match open up"

Ohhh, you might be surprised.

Auzzy
10-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Wow Fox Soccer announcers full of shit. Jeremy Hall is great???

Eastend
10-24-2012, 08:19 PM
WTF??????

Eastend
10-24-2012, 08:21 PM
I see the ref got his half time instructions from the Santos officials.

Dom

jloome
"We're probably going to see this match open up"

Ohhh, you might be surprised.

LOL, second one liner to cause coffee-up-the-sinuses this week. The gallows humor on the boards is a sort of social function all unto itself, I think.

Furtado91
We are just getting played with. its so sad. what a waste of a season. I just want to see Mariner flip his shit, as he becomes winless in 14 in all compeition games. smh. we fired winter after 9, but 14 and still going?

Eastend
10-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Plus 2013 to go.

sully
10-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Toronto just aren't interested. No urgency, nothing.

jloome
10-24-2012, 08:25 PM
We are just getting played with. its so sad. what a waste of a season. I just want to see Mariner flip his shit, as he becomes winless in 14 in all compeition games. smh. we fired winter after 9, but 14 and still going?

You know, MLSE is so disconnected from the reality of it, I actually suspect they've probably had a conversation in which an American coach was ruled out as something Canadians wouldn't like. I bet it's that puerile.

Alonso
10-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Best finisher in the modern era!!

Eastend
10-24-2012, 08:30 PM
It's very disheartening to see our opponent intentionally play at half pace because they know that's all it'll take.

So sad.

Dom

p.s. I guess there's always pride to play for.

Auzzy
10-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Santos not the best finishers of the modern era tonight.

Furtado91
10-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Look at that. Mariner looks like alot of fans in stadium, not even watching the fucking game. and thats the end of that chapter, MARINER OUT NOW.

whats even more frightening, is that few of the players that look decent out there, will be gone cause they arent chummy with fuckface mcshorts.

Alonso
Of course it Hercules Gomez who draws first blood....

Suds
Well, can't say it wasn't coming.

They were getting stronger by the minute and we were giving up by the minute.

Eastend
I hate that guy but what a goal.

Goodnight.

Dom

jloome
LOL, good closing by the player of the year.

Yohan
and there it is. Gomez with thunderstrike from just outside the box

Auzzy
10-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Dear Jeremy Hall, you're the right fullback. WTF what a joke.

Eastend
Santos not the best finishers of the modern era tonight.

Edit?

DoubleUp
Well it was only a matter of time, right???:picard:

Auzzy
10-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Edit?

Not really. Could have easily been 6 by now.

DoubleUp
10-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Look at that. Mariner looks like alot of fans in stadium, not even watching the fucking game. and thats the end of that chapter, MARINER OUT NOW.

whats even more frightening, is that few of the players that look decent out there, will be gone cause they arent chummy with fuckface mcshorts.

We can only hope!.

Yohan
10-24-2012, 08:40 PM
stop saying Toronto's MVP this season for Dunfield. lol

Furtado91
10-24-2012, 08:41 PM
So from now on our formation will be called buddy system. Seeing as how the players are alway bumping into each other or are within hand holding distance ahahah. every winger will have a buddy when he goes up.

DoubleUp
10-24-2012, 08:42 PM
stop saying Toronto's MVP this season for Dunfield. lol

I thought you supported that move!?:rolleyes:

Auzzy
10-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Fox Soccer commentators still completely clueless. Amerikwa is injured. Unbelievable, try doing 5 minutes research before the game.

jloome
10-24-2012, 08:44 PM
We're taking off an attacker for a defender. Good vertical, though.

denime
10-24-2012, 08:46 PM
We're taking off an attacker for a defender. Good vertical, though.

We are defending 0-1 ,that does not look so bad after all.

Yohan
10-24-2012, 08:47 PM
I thought you supported that move!?:rolleyes:
learn to read :rolleyes:

Furtado91
10-24-2012, 08:48 PM
is there a way we can just forefit the columbus game? I mean do we really need ONE more game to know Mariner doesn't know what the fuck hes doing? I'd take a crazy mental person as a coach at this time.

sully
10-24-2012, 08:49 PM
is there a way we can just forefit the columbus game? I mean do we really need ONE more game to know Mariner doesn't know what the fuck hes doing? I'd take a crazy mental person as a coach at this time.

I'd take Mo back over Mariner at the point

denime
10-24-2012, 08:51 PM

How about Mariner?

he fits the profile 100%

Furtado91
10-24-2012, 08:52 PM
^^^ is that his Biological twin? Whats his resume like?

spe18
10-24-2012, 08:52 PM
The Sporting KC-Philadelphia Union game is so much more enjoyable to watch :)

Alonso
10-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Well, one more game until the misery ends for 2012... see you guys at the Irish Wake.

Auzzy
10-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Johnson all alone up front against those defenders is pretty comical.

__wowza
10-24-2012, 08:56 PM
it's funny because apparently people are playing for their jobs.

hopefully we can even get this far next year, the voyagers cup is gonna fucking kill us.

Auzzy
10-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Well, that's the kind of season it's been. Thank god it's almost over.

Suds
10-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Thankfully Santos was off the mark on a number of chances. It could have been worse. Santos looked like they could just turn the tempo up at any time if they wanted to.

Pretty much what I expected from TFC. No real imagination or game plan.

ag futbol
And there we have it...

Well at least we pressed hard and went for it.. oh wait

denime
Only one more game left before we all go to well deserved off season.

HIRE PRESIDENT & FIRE MARINER !!

DoubleUp
10-24-2012, 08:58 PM
learn to read :rolleyes:

I guess that means you`ve recanted, ah well! we all make mistakes.:rolleyes:

TFC07
10-24-2012, 08:59 PM
What's score?

denime
10-24-2012, 09:00 PM
What's score?

Lost 1-0,lucky it wasn't 5-0

Oldtimer
10-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Why not sub a defender? The goal isn't to win, it's to avoid a blowout.

Red CB Toronto
10-24-2012, 09:07 PM
The result was not what we wanted but good to see Nicholas get a run out for a few minutes after missing almost all of the last two seasons due to injury. Looking forward to the RPB/TFC Year End Pub Night on the 20th. I know this has not been anywhere near being the season we wanted so lets bring on 2013 with some newly minted changes.

Yohan
I guess that means you`ve recanted, ah well! we all make mistakes.:rolleyes:
sure. you show me exactly where I said I'd vote for Terry Dunfield as MVP

TFC07
Thanks Denime

Yohan
10-24-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm just surprised that TFC managed to leave Torreon with dignity intact. Even though Santos Laguna played at about 50%, I expected a massive blowout

DoubleUp
10-24-2012, 09:11 PM
sure. you show me exactly where I said I'd vote for Terry Dunfield as MVP

Words are one thing! but actions are another.g:D

Yohan
10-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Words are one thing! but actions are another.g:D

you'd make a terrible lawyer lol

DoubleUp
10-24-2012, 09:18 PM
you'd make a terrible lawyer lol

and you`d make a terrible talent scout, good thing we are neither one.:troll:

Alonso
10-24-2012, 09:24 PM
^^^^ Yohan.

Don't let him have the last word!

Yohan
10-24-2012, 09:27 PM
^^^^ Yohan.

I really don't need to prove myself. my history of posts on this forum does that for me

DoubleUp
10-24-2012, 09:30 PM
^^^^ Yohan.

And why not?.

DoubleUp
10-24-2012, 09:32 PM
You guys take this sh.....stuff to seriously!.

And its quality not quantity.

Cheers!.

Alonso
10-24-2012, 09:44 PM
I really don't need to prove myself. my history of posts on this forum does that for me

g:D True dat

Alonso
10-24-2012, 09:46 PM
You guys take this sh.....stuff to seriously!.

And its quality not quantity.

Cheers!.

That's not what she says

DoubleUp
10-24-2012, 09:58 PM
That's not what she says

Is that your code name for Mariner??? .:jester:

but seriously Alonso, Yohans a big boy.

I am pretty sure he can fight his own perceived message board battles. Dont worry Iam not going anywhere you`ll get your chance.

Alonso
10-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Is that your code name for Mariner??? .:jester:

but seriously Alonso, Yohans a big boy.

I am pretty sure he can fight his own perceived message board battles. Dont worry Iam not going anywhere you`ll get your chance.

Wow.

Who's taking what too seriously?

supersaint
10-25-2012, 05:45 AM
Santos were only playing 3 first team players.

Alonso
10-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Santos were only playing 3 first team players.

We weren't playing our "Best" 11 either mostly due to injuries.

Would have been nice to have Frings, Koevs, Hasli, O'Dea and Frei