PDA

View Full Version : K Elkinson

Keegan
07-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Sorry about the spelling but...
Why did he not see any time today?
CPL players were played over him....

Why isnt this kid with the U18s playing in the CSL and getting competitive action every week? If the u18s are good enough for Jarek Whiteman they are definitely good enough for Elkinson.

Just wondering what people think? Young talent rotting on the bench is never a good thing

yellowfellow
07-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Went to a reserve game and Elkinson totally played well. But, who knows what happens behind closed doors.

Keegan
07-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Also I wonder why we called CSL players. Couldnt we call our OWN Academy players up for a friendly?

noochie
07-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Also I wonder why we called CSL players. Couldnt we call our OWN Academy players up for a friendly?

The CSL players involved are a little older (23 I think for all 3). I am pretty sure they are trying to see if they would fit as D players on the squad now vs. the academy kids who are at least 1-3 years out (barring a hugely talented diamond in the rough of course).

noochie
07-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Best guess on Elkinson is that they are taking their time with him as he was plucked right out of college. Perhaps he is finishing up his studies? I also don't know if he would still be eligible to play varsity... probably not I would assume. Edit: I am also pretty sure that him being on the active roster for the club disqualifies him from appearing with the academy team... although I am speculating there as well :)

Keegan
07-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Best guess on Elkinson is that they are taking their time with him as he was plucked right out of college. Perhaps he is finishing up his studies? I also don't know if he would still be eligible to play varsity... probably not I would assume. Edit: I am also pretty sure that him being on the active roster for the club disqualifies him from appearing with the academy team... although I am speculating there as well :)

He went to UCC. He came to my school to play against us and I had never even heard of him until we signed him, never really stood out or anything. I had heard of two kids on that team one was a Canadian midfielder and the other a forward from holland or germany or something. Suprised he isnt in the academy

Red CB Toronto
07-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Killian could not even play for TFC-A now because he has signed a pro contract, the TFC-A is NCAA friendly and that team can not have any pros on it because of that. I have seen him in reserve action and liked what I saw.

He guided Upper Canada College, a very highly regarded school located at Lonsdale and Avenue Road to an ISAA title in the fall of '07, he just recently graduated.

ExiledRed
07-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Maybe he has a strain or a fuckin' pulled muscle? You get those in reserve matches and training too, you know