PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Paul, Luke, Asif and TFC

TFC111
07-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Unlike the small handful of ungrateful posters in some other threads I want to thank TFC for trying their best to bring this to the fans who couldn't make it to the game tonight closer to the action through the website. It obviously wasn't flawless but you guys tried and like most things in the club it will get better with time.

To be honest, I was happy to get just the live commentary in the second half and didn't get kicked out and thought both commentators did a great job. They had some funny exchanges and I learned some things about the other team and their players. These guys know their stuff and Paul you put the right people in and took a great initiative.

Thanks guys.

Flipityflu
07-15-2008, 11:08 PM
while i was at the game, i did think it was cool that TFC made the effort to have this broadcasted in some form.

FluSH
07-15-2008, 11:09 PM
On another note... did one of the commentators say that we will have Dickov playing with us for the Montreal game? sounded like a slip-up.

TFC111
07-15-2008, 11:12 PM
I know, I don't know if it was a slip up, it was a question from one to the other kinda like a nudge. I think they were just having some fun with us knowing that we are always jonesin' for new players.

FluSH
07-15-2008, 11:13 PM
I know, I don't know if it was a slip up, it was a question from one to the other kinda like a nudge. I think they were just having some fun with us knowing that we are always jonesin' for new players.

Actually I sensed that the other commentator sounded shocked and did not want to comment... then the recovery came by Asif?!

TFC111
07-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Controversy --- cue the suspense music.

They traded Huckerby for allocation and international spot, so something has got to be up. BTW, this is the kinda shit that we should've been discussing on the match thread instead of bitching about the broadcast. I am sure the guys putting down the broadcast are all secret geniuses tucked away in their mom's basements.

FluSH
07-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Controversy --- cue the suspense music.

They traded Huckerby for allocation and international spot, so something has got to be up. BTW, this is the kinda shit that we should've been discussing on the match thread instead of bitching about the broadcast. I am sure the guys putting down the broadcast are all secret geniuses tucked away in their mom's basements.

If there is no beef/drama on these boards then someting must wrong... It's not called RPB Crack for nothing! =P

GeorgeB
07-16-2008, 12:30 AM
Unlike the small handful of ungrateful posters in some other threads I want to thank TFC for trying their best to bring this to the fans who couldn't make it to the game tonight closer to the action through the website. It obviously wasn't flawless but you guys tried and like most things in the club it will get better with time.

To be honest, I was happy to get just the live commentary in the second half and didn't get kicked out and thought both commentators did a great job. They had some funny exchanges and I learned some things about the other team and their players. These guys know their stuff and Paul you put the right people in and took a great initiative.

Thanks guys.ass kisser

TFC111
07-16-2008, 07:14 AM
ass kisser

What are you, like 12 and too cool for school? Come to think of it most of the moaners criticising everything last night were all little high school bitches weren't they?

mlsintoronto
07-16-2008, 07:57 AM
we DID say it was an experiment! looking into where the breakdown was. can you guys post here (if you remember) at what point the game went down (was it the same moment for everyone?) did it come back and go down again?

thanks in advance!

ACSertL
07-16-2008, 08:01 AM
we DID say it was an experiment! looking into where the breakdown was. can you guys post here (if you remember) at what point the game went down (was it the same moment for everyone?) did it come back and go down again?

thanks in advance!

Hey Paul...

From my spotty memory the video feed stopped in the first half near the end...I'm going to say in between the 35th and 40th minutes. Came on very briefly in the second half but was lost very quickly. Can't really tell when the audio only kicked in.

Hope that helps a little. It was a good little experiment, hope to see it stick around (on those rare days I am not standing in the South End).

djking2
07-16-2008, 08:13 AM
I lost the feed in the first half at almost exactly 8:15 as I noticed it was 45 minutes from the scheduled start time. I got the second half running a couple times by restarting the player but it lasted only seconds each time before losing the feed.

I normally use firefox but couldn't get the feed working at all by the way, until I switched to IE.

ExiledRed
07-16-2008, 08:20 AM
What are you, like 12 and too cool for school? Come to think of it most of the moaners criticising everything last night were all little high school bitches weren't they?

You need to get over yourself. seriously, who do you think you are?

Your first post made me wretch.

ExiledRed
07-16-2008, 08:28 AM

thanks in advance!

It went down universally for everybody at the same time, judging by the forum.

My guess is there wasnt enough bandwidth for the x thousand independiente fans watching from Argentina, coupled with our fanbase.

James Oliphant
07-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey Paul...

From my spotty memory the video feed stopped in the first half near the end...I'm going to say in between the 35th and 40th minutes. Came on very briefly in the second half but was lost very quickly. Can't really tell when the audio only kicked in.

Hope that helps a little. It was a good little experiment, hope to see it stick around (on those rare days I am not standing in the South End).

It wasn't quite that late...I'd say between 30 and 35. I had the match tracker going at the same time, and that's typically about 5 minutes behind any broadcast. The time on the match tracker was still in the upper 20s.

James Oliphant
07-16-2008, 10:17 AM
I lost the feed in the first half at almost exactly 8:15 as I noticed it was 45 minutes from the scheduled start time. I got the second half running a couple times by restarting the player but it lasted only seconds each time before losing the feed.

I normally use firefox but couldn't get the feed working at all by the way, until I switched to IE.

There's definitely a file missing from the server that won't allow Firefox to view the live feed...on that site. I switched to IE7, but I don't like using that for anything other than testing/debugging my own sites.

Frustrated by this fact, I instead used the "Embed" link on the TFC video page and put it on the front page of GoTFC. It worked fine in Firefox from there.

So whatever it is that allows Firefox to view the feed in the popup window isn't installed correctly on the neulion server.

On a side-note, I find it strange that Firefox requires a popup in the first place...it's the most compliant browser out there. Which means the console is poorly-coded.

alexintoronto
07-16-2008, 10:48 AM
ass kisser
hairdresser

ACSertL
07-16-2008, 11:07 AM
It wasn't quite that late...I'd say between 30 and 35. I had the match tracker going at the same time, and that's typically about 5 minutes behind any broadcast. The time on the match tracker was still in the upper 20s.

I just sorta ballparked it, although its good to know someone was keeping track.

jloome
07-16-2008, 11:36 AM
I think it was a good effort until it overloaded. The main colour guy, the Brit, was actually pretty darn good, I thought.

Asif had more genuine info about Independiente and what's going on in the league etc than most of the colour guys who do insufficient research on the tv broadcasts now. If he had a broadcast voice it would've been all around a damn site better than some ofthe US MLS broadcasts I've heard.

jloome
07-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Dude, lets not blow it out proportion; if you're gonna note that it's "poorly coded" you might want to note how many millions of other similar sites there are, as I use firefox exclusively and popups for players via java or flash or whatever are very common. And for whatever reason, stable code notwithstanding, firefox has all sorts of problems with flash I find.

There's definitely a file missing from the server that won't allow Firefox to view the live feed...on that site. I switched to IE7, but I don't like using that for anything other than testing/debugging my own sites.

Frustrated by this fact, I instead used the "Embed" link on the TFC video page and put it on the front page of GoTFC. It worked fine in Firefox from there.

So whatever it is that allows Firefox to view the feed in the popup window isn't installed correctly on the neulion server.

On a side-note, I find it strange that Firefox requires a popup in the first place...it's the most compliant browser out there. Which means the console is poorly-coded.

TFC111
07-16-2008, 12:09 PM
They had a Pinky and The Brain kinda dialogue exchange. I didn't mind the contrast in voices and yes the informative comments and research (take note MLS clubs) was appreciated.

The Kingpin
07-16-2008, 01:29 PM

Whew! You saved me a lot of typing....

ilikemusic
07-16-2008, 01:29 PM

thanks in advance!

It went down for me somewhere between 20 and 30 mins and it never came back.

The Kingpin
07-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Oh, and Paul when the supporters help you figure out how to stream video will you begin to charge them as well? Just curious....

alexintoronto
07-16-2008, 01:36 PM
It went down for me somewhere between 20 and 30 mins and it never came back.
Did you at least get her number?

mlsintoronto
07-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Oh, and Paul when the supporters help you figure out how to stream video will you begin to charge them as well? Just curious....

yes kingpin. and there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll. and look out behind you - mlsel is out to get you.

jb831
07-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Did you at least get her number?

LMAO!!! Aaaaaaaaand...... ZING! :D

Blizzard
07-16-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm watching the archived video of the match now. Wileman is very, very good!
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

TFC111
07-16-2008, 08:55 PM

I am not nearly as self-important as you are but thanks for at least keeping it constructive in this thread.

Paul, thanks for taking the feedback. Now on a different topic what were you guys thinking with those All-Star Game packages? It seems like whoever came up with that party price has no idea which way is up for TFC fans. If the Buffalo Bills weren't here that all-star package would be the most overrated and overpriced event in the city this year.

ExiledRed
07-16-2008, 09:01 PM
I am not nearly as self-important as you are

You're giving me a run for my money though.

Good for you.

Roogsy
07-16-2008, 09:06 PM
The whiners use up a lot of bandwidth on this board don't they?

The grateful fans aren't as loud, but I would say probably do outnumber the bitter ones.

Roogsy
07-16-2008, 09:12 PM

While I can understand why...(it was a little sugarcoated)...why don't the constant stream of whiners do the same to you as well? It's two-faced to put down the guy who just wants to add some positive vibes but not call out the jerks that make this place as negative and bitter as a divorce proceeding.

MEU
07-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Paul,

The feed went down at exactly the time when Cunningham went offside later in the first half (for what that is worth). I too would guess around the 30.59' mark based on the boxscore:

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/scoreboard/gameLog.jsp?match=07152008_ZZZTOR

ExiledRed
07-16-2008, 10:05 PM
While I can understand why...(it was a little sugarcoated)...why don't the constant stream of whiners do the same to you as well? It's two-faced to put down the guy who just wants to add some positive vibes but not call out the jerks that make this place as negative and bitter as a divorce proceeding.

The guy jumps onto another thread and starts gnashing his teeth about how this specific guy was a 'bitch' and that specific guy was a 'whiner' and how anybody irritated by the feed going down was 'ungrateful' and we should all be happy that we got a blank screen and an audio feed for the second half and to set an example to us he made this thread, to show us the correct etiquette for us 'ingrates'

Who cares if one person thinks MLSE could have done better, or if another makes a comment while he's staring at a black screen about how "FAAAAK!" the situation is?

It wasn't a big deal, but this poster makes it out like it's huge, and in the process draws more attention to the behaviour he finds negative, just so he can show us how much better he is.

I really wish people woulkd spend more time on their relevant opinions, and less time on judging everybody else.