PDA

View Full Version : MLS players I'd like to play for TFC

Yohan
10-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Because it's getting to near end of the season, and I'm bored today

This is not a fantasy list, but trying to be realistic. Following factors were used, not in order of importance. Base salary used. Only one player per team.
1. Player skill
2. Salary
3. Age
4. Whether TFC can hold him for few years
5. International player status (roster space wise)
6. Likelihood of availability
7. Versatility of positions

Dominic Oduro, ST, CHI, 106k, 27 yrs old
-Career underachiever who did have 12 goals last season, but 6 goals this season. Found himself as mainly a sub after Chicago signed DP ST Shejill Macdonald, who is about 3x the player Oduro is. Average finisher at best, and generally a one dimensional player, his greatest asset is his speed which he uses to burn opposition defenders. He is top 5 fastest player in MLS, and playing with either a playmaker who can pass into open space, or partner like Koevermans or Hassli who can hold the ball compliment's Oduro's game pretty well.

Ben Zemanski, DM/CM, CUSA, 58k, 24 yrs old
-Late round draft pick who turned out to be typical MLS grinder that every team needs. Can play DM or box to box CM. While not the greatest of passers, his willingness to dirty work and work his ass off would be an asset to any team, and at affordable cap hit. Would be instant upgrade over Dunfield.

Josh Williams, LB, CLB, 44k, 24 yrs old
-Undrafted converted midfielder who has become starting LB for Columbus. Probably due for a little bump on his salary. Not flashy with his game, and he's got a lot to learn, but I think of his game as younger Todd Dunivant with Jimmy B's rocket left foot. He's a life long Crew supporter, but I think we can overlook that.

Tony Cascio, CM, COL, 44k, 22 yrs old
-Late first rounder who broke into Rapids setup straight out of the draft. If he's good enough to play regularly for Oscar Pareja, who loves Latin players who can make a pass, he's good enough to play CM for me. Loves to make unpredictable late runs into the box to cause havoc.

George John, CB, DAL, 47k, 25 yrs old
-It will be interesting to see where George John goes when his contract ends soon. His form hasn't been as good this season after his bid to go to Europe failed, but when on top of his game, George John is the kind of CB that you can anchor your defence on. Big, strong in the air, with decent pace and positioning, and at 25, he has potential to be even better. But he wants to play in Europe, and may settle playing in Swedish 2nd div or something, esp with his EU passport. But if he's willing to stay in MLS, sign him up for 150-200k. Matt Hedges would be another solid pick up from Dallas

Mike Chabala, RB/LB, DC, 75k, 28 yrs old
-Another fullback in the mold of Todd Dunivant. Not flashy, don't add much on attack, but just solid defensive fullback who plays smart.

Adam Moffat, DM, HOU, 60k, 26 yrs old
-Hard nosed Scottish DM with a rocket of right foot. Found himself as depth when Ricardo Clark re-signed for Houston. With multiple players able to play DM, Moffat should be available. If he doesn't have a green card by now, I'd be shocked. He is aggressive, and will tackle hard and just make it a pain to play against him. Could improve his positioning though, and slightly injury prone.

Michael Harrington, LB/CB, SKC, 125k, 26 yrs old
-A versatile and mobile defender who found his mins limited. Now more of a first choice defender off a bench, KC reaps the benefit of having depth with guys like Harrington available. He would be a starter on most MLS teams. Has decent offensive skills (converted midfielder) and will pinch in with occassional goal or assist.

Jose Villareal, M, LA, 33k, 19 yrs old
-Highly rated LA propect who has potential to be good MLS offensive midfielder. Part of US youth setup, he has nose for the goal as well as a long range shot.

Shavar Thomas, CB, Mtl, 80k, 31 yrs old
-The Jamaican international defender has a lot of experience in MLS. Not quite regular starter material, but a solid veteran depth. With Mtl having tons of CBs, plus prospect Karl Ouimette needing mins, Thomas should be available.

Kelyn Rowe, AM, NE, 75k, 20 yrs old
-3rd overall pick in 2012 draft, Rowe is a playmaker who can make a pass and with good technical ability. He finds himself battling too many established veteran for mins in NE, but this US youth international has potential to be one of better attacking midfielders in MLS.

Sebastian Le Toux, F, NY, 145k, 28 yrs old
-On his best day, Le Toux is a tireless, strong bulldog striker with decent technical ability. He is a total team player with leadership skills. He has proven that he can score during his time in Philly, but his stint with MLS Seattle, Vancouver and NY haven't been so good. If he can find himself in a setup where he is allowed to be the focus of the team, (and play a central striker role!), Le Toux is a threat to every MLS defenders.

Danny Cruz, RM, PHI, 100k, 22 yrs old
-A late draft pick who picked up soccer late, Danny Cruz is an athletic winger who is like a buzz saw. What he lacks in pure skill he makes up with heart and energy, a two way winger who will track back to help on defence. Fits well on a grinder team like Houston, but I like his game.

Franck Songo'o, RW, POR, 70k, 25 yrs old
-Former Barca youth product, Songo'o has one helluva cross and a threat on free kicks. Technically gifted, his career has been plagued by injuries, but so far stayed healthy on the turf in Portland. He is a very smart player who knows his strengths and weaknesses.

Ned Grabavoy, DM/CM, RSL, 120k, 29 yrs old
-One of most underrated players in MLS, if I can describe Grabavoy in one word, it's 'solid'. Not flashy, but makes the right plays by keeping it simple and knowing where to be on the pitch at all times. Has tenacity to boot, and pretty much first player called off the bench by Jason Kreis in a technically gifted RSL team. Generally a CM, he can play DM and RM.

Brad Evans, AM/CM, SEA, 145k, 27 yrs old
-Evans is the prototype American attacking midfielder. Technically solid, but he doesn't have the flair of Latins, but he makes those smart plays and has some finishing ability. Trusted by Sigi Schmid for years on top of diamond midfield for years, he find his mins reduced after Seattle signed DP Christian Tiffert.

Ike Opara, CB/LB, SJ, 100k, 23 yrs old
-Finally injury free after being drafted in 2010, once highly rated Opara is proving himself an asset in SJ, being able to play both CB and working on LB position. Has tremendous upside, athletic and a threat on set piece. Has a lot to learn, but if he can stay injury free, he will be a solid MLS defender.

Omar Salgado, ST, VAN, 90k, 19 yrs old
-The former number 1 in 2011 finds himself sidelined with injury right now, but with Vancouver being stacked with strikers, he will find himself battling for mins even when he comes back. This US U20 player has a lot of potential, and all he wants is to get some games for him to grow.

__wowza
10-09-2012, 02:38 PM
*siiiiigh* i'd really like to see gordon again. he's fitting in the role that was originally slated for hassli, but cheaper and more proactively.

narduch
10-09-2012, 02:39 PM
TFC needs another expansion draft.

*siiiiigh* i'd really like to see gordon again. he's fitting in the role that was originally slated for hassli, but cheaper and more proactively.

And just got a national team call up, ahead of Wondo!

Yohan
10-09-2012, 02:41 PM

I excluded Gordon, because I don't think he'd ever want to play for TFC after his experience here last time.

ensco
10-09-2012, 02:46 PM
One problem with lists like this ... guys that go out of contract go through an allocation process. There is no free agency in MLS.

I'll take Saborio and Johnson from RSL, thanks. :D

Yohan
10-09-2012, 02:52 PM
One problem with lists like this ... guys that go out of contract go through an allocation process. There is no free agency in MLS.

I'll take Saborio and Johnson for RSL, thanks. :D

Most of these guys contracts do not end this season. And MLS does have free agency, but those that qualify do have to go through re entry draft (not an allocation process)

And good luck prying Saborio and Johnson out of RSL... No way in hell Kreis trades these guys.

__wowza
10-09-2012, 02:53 PM
And just got a national team call up, ahead of Wondo!

honestly, people who don't understand why alan gordon is on the team don't understand why peter crouch got england callups only to be brought in for 89th minute corner kicks. the mans a beast in the air. you play to your opponents weaknesses as much as you play to your own teams strengths.

I excluded Gordon, because I don't think he'd ever want to play for TFC after his experience here last time.

sadly. i really liked the guy.

jloome
10-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Interesting list, some good ideas here.

Rennie has been converting Salgado to a winger, which to me is just a huge mistake (not as huge a mistake as playing Aaron MAund as a midfielder, but hey, we can't all be PM). Evans is a great player, and I can't see Seattle parting with him. He can play all cross the mid, has a solid left foot. But if it were possible, he'd be huge.Same with Ned Grabavoy, an underappreciated two-way. He's no Gershon Koffie but he's hella hard working and more talented than Terry. Le Toux is interesting; I wonder why a guy moves so much sometimes, and how much of it is cultural character differences that are misread by each side.

Adam Moffat is a definite potential holder if we're not playing two ways. Neither Rowe nor Cascio are going anywhere, both future national team players.

Depending on how we plan to go ahead tactically, I'd take Oduro in a heartbeat. He's like Dane Richards, in that he's probably only a 1-in-3 or 1-in-4 forward, because he mostly plays wide and gets behind. But that opens up defenses for other players.

To this, I would add Dilly Duka from Columbus, Hunter Freeman (v.2) from Colorado, Etienne Barbara from Vancouver, Seth Sinovic and Soony Saad from KC, Marc Burch from Seattle, Andrew Jacobson (unlikely, I know, but you listed Evans,lol) from Dallas, Colin Clark from Houston, Joey Gjertsen and Jason Hernandez from San Jose, Jonny Steele from RSL.

All underrated.

craz11
10-09-2012, 03:37 PM
1. DeRo
2. DeRo
3. DeRo

Belfast_Boy
10-09-2012, 03:52 PM
1. DeRo
2. DeRo
3. DeRo

will this DeRo stuff ever go away????? FFS! what is he? the MVP or someting...... oh wait.....

[NBF]
10-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Position
Team
1st Team
Int. Roster
Slot
Salary

CB
Ugo Ihemelu (*Captain)
FC Dallas
Yes
(American)
$190,000(USD)

LW
Michael Nanchoff
Whitecaps
Backup
(American)
$66,000(USD)

LW
Wells Thompson
Chicago Fire
Yes
(American)
$87,190(USD)

DM
Clyde Simms
(*Co-Captain)
DC United
Yes
(American)
$75,000 (USD)

CM
Tony Tchani
Columbus Crew
Yes
Yes
$105,000(USD)

ST
Cameron Weaver
Houston Dynamo
Backup
(American)
$98,180(USD)

ST/AM
Atiba Harris
Whitecaps
Backup
Yes
$150,000(USD)

Assuming Status Quo (4-4-2):

--------------------------------Frei-------------------------------
--------------------------------Kocic------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Eckersley------Ihemelu(C)------------O'Dea-------------Morgan
Henry------------D.Williams-------------Maund---------------Emory
Lambe----------Tchani----------------A.Harris--------Thompson
J.Hall------------Stinson----------------C.Simms(C)--------Nanchoff
-------------------Silva-------------------------------------------
-----------------Amarikwa--------------R.Johnson-----------------
----------------------------------------C.Weaver------------------

jloome
10-09-2012, 05:58 PM
;1534932']

Position
Team
1st Team
Int. Roster
Slot
Salary

CB
Ugo Ihemelu (*Captain)
FC Dallas
Yes
(American)
$190,000(USD)

LW
Michael Nanchoff
Whitecaps
Backup
(American)
$66,000(USD)

LW
Wells Thompson
Chicago Fire
Yes
(American)
$87,190(USD)

DM
Clyde Simms
(*Co-Captain)
DC United
Yes
(American)
$75,000 (USD)

CM
Tony Tchani
Columbus Crew
Yes
Yes
$105,000(USD)

ST
Cameron Weaver
Houston Dynamo
Backup
(American)
$98,180(USD)

ST/AM
Atiba Harris
Whitecaps
Backup
Yes
$150,000(USD)

Assuming Status Quo (4-4-2):

--------------------------------Frei-------------------------------
--------------------------------Kocic------------------------------
Eckersley------Ihemelu(C)------------O'Dea-------------Morgan
Henry------------D.Williams-------------Maund---------------Emory
Lambe----------Tchani----------------A.Harris--------Thompson
J.Hall------------Stinson----------------C.Simms(C)--------Nanchoff
-------------------Silva-------------------------------------------
-----------------Amarikwa--------------R.Johnson-----------------
----------------------------------------C.Weaver------------------

The only pickup there I'd agree with is Ihemelu. Thompson's a second-rater (good work ethic, though) Harris is a target forward, not an AM, an is perenially injured, and certainly could never be a starting central midfielder. Tchani we had and I didn't think much then or since. Cam Weaver's a hardworking forward but not a natural poacher or finsiher.

I'd say it we fielded that team next season, we'd break this year's futility record.

nonc
10-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Tchani, what? wasn't he bad enough the first time?

ArmenJBX
10-09-2012, 06:46 PM
I wrote an article about this a while back:

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articles2012/FourtoEightplayersthatcanhelpTorontoFC.aspx

1) Dejan Jakovic

A Canadian centerback who has plenty of experience in MLS and has featured 18 times this season. Toronto FC would need to make big moves in order to sign the centerback, perhaps sending Eric Avila to DC, but solidifying the backline with Darren O’Dea and Jakovic in the center would be worth it.

2) Sam Cronin

Surely he wouldn’t return to Toronto FC, would he? There’s a rumour out there that Toronto FC have been considering a possible…redrafting (?) of Sam Cronin, sending their 2013 First Round Draft Pick to San Jose in exchange for the young midfielder. Cronin’s return would be welcome by TFC faithful, and a starting spot in midfield would be almost assured.

3) Ben Zemanski

Chivas USA are the other MLS side who have experienced perennial disappointment, but amidst the changes at the club, Shalrie Joseph signing for Chivas meant that Zemanski no longer has as valuable a role for the Goats. Zemanski is exactly the kind of link-up midfielder Toronto FC needs, and, if slotted beside Luis Silva and Sam Cronin, would give the squad a midfield three that is, at once, young, smart and skillful.

4) Zac MacMath

The Philadelphia Union goalkeeper is an important backup player, because the one thing Toronto FC have an abundance of is solid goalkeepers. MacMath can be picked up for a second round draft pick and allocation, but would be important should Toronto FC choose to cash-in on one of Stefan Frei or Milos Kocic.

5) Stephen Keel

One of MLS’ most underrated defenders, Stephen Keel has featured only a handful of times for New York Red Bulls and will welcome a possible starting role at Toronto FC. He shouldn’t be hard to sign either and is certainly an upgrade from the likes of Ty Harden and Logan Emory. Keel is a real possibility if Toronto FC do their homework for a cheap, reliable MLS centerback.

6) Nelson Rivas

What Montreal did right this year was shoring up their backline. What Montreal did wrong this year was shoring up their backline too much. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing and with Matteo Ferrari, Shavar Thomas, Alessandro Nesta and a flurry of MLS journeymen CBs, having an injury-prone Rivas in the salary cap is irresponsible. Toronto FC may capitalize on this.

7) Cam Weaver

Let’s be realistic – aside from Eric Hassli and Ryan Johnson, Toronto FC doesn’t boast much in the offense. Luis Silva is so obviously an attacking midfielder that putting him up top reduces his impact. So, with few forwards, Cam Weaver, always underappreciated but never forgotten, can be one of those depth players Toronto FC needs.

8) Danny Cruz

Houston to DC United to Philadelphia Union and not enough games in-between to establish himself as a key player; Toronto need to capitalize on this, quickly. Make a big offer for Cruz, maybe three or four players including Aaron Maund and Ty Harden, and grab Cruz. He’s got the potential to burst onto the MLS scene when given 25+ games in a season, and Toronto FC need a right winger, badly.

9) Joao Plata

It’s an experiment I’ve always wondered about – put Joao Plata in the number 10 role. He’s too small to take on bigger fullbacks, and showed it during the beginning of his second season at Toronto FC. However, the hole behind the opposition’s midfield would give Plata enough space to make the first key touch that would set up a goal from outside the box, the kind of goal we saw Plata score plenty of during his first season. Much of Toronto FC’s success next year will come down to maximizing a player’s potential in each position, and having Plata in the number 10 spot may be a smart and bold move by Paul Mariner.

10) Daniel Ludueña

Toronto FC need to sign a big, big player over the off-season, and picking up a true attacking midfielder Designated Player is key. I work under the assumption that not only will Danny Koevermans be released, but that Torsten Frings’ short-term replacement needs to be found. Signing Zemanski and Cronin as the two defensive midfielders means Toronto FC can look for a quality number 10, and the Santos Laguna man is almost made for the job.

Toronto FC and Santos Laguna have met numerous times over the last few years and Ludueña has looked the part of creative attacking midfielder. He’s also the perfect DP for any team in Major League Soccer, a star that can attract names, and quality enough to warrant a DP contract. At 30 years of age, he’s at the prime of a possible MLS switch – if Toronto FC can convince him (with bags of cash) to play up north, they will truly, truly have a quality attacking midfielder to build around.

Yohan
10-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Neither Rowe nor Cascio are going anywhere, both future national team players.
If it's not Rowe, it's gotta be some sort of combination of Feilhaber/Nguyen/Cardenas/Guy/Toja/Nyassi. Too many attacking midfielders in NE setup.

I agree that Cascio is not likely, but other Rapids players are either untouchable (Cummings/Castrillon, etc) or junk, so I picked Cascio. :p

To this, I would add Dilly Duka from Columbus, Hunter Freeman (v.2) from Colorado, Etienne Barbara from Vancouver, Seth Sinovic and Soony Saad from KC, Marc Burch from Seattle, Andrew Jacobson (unlikely, I know, but you listed Evans,lol) from Dallas, Colin Clark from Houston, Joey Gjertsen and Jason Hernandez from San Jose, Jonny Steele from RSL.

All underrated.
I like Hunter Freeman too, but doesn't he pretty much have a lock of RB at Colorado?

Barbara can't even get a sniff of games in Vancouver, and I wasn't very impressed by him during Voyageurs Cup.

Sinovic is a local KC boy, and a lock at RB. Saad is an interesting option that I'd deffo take a look.

Burch has good left foot, but has a bit of attitude problem.

Gjertsen can't break into SJ setup. Jason Hernandez one of two starting CBs.

Yohan
10-09-2012, 10:10 PM
The only pickup there I'd agree with is Ihemelu. Thompson's a second-rater (good work ethic, though) Harris is a target forward, not an AM, an is perenially injured, and certainly could never be a starting central midfielder. Tchani we had and I didn't think much then or since. Cam Weaver's a hardworking forward but not a natural poacher or finsiher.

I'd say it we fielded that team next season, we'd break this year's futility record.

Ihemelu is Dallas captain and starting CB. Highly doubt TFC would be able to pry him away from Hyndman. He'd be awesome partner to O'Dea, complimenting him with blistering pace

Yohan
10-09-2012, 10:16 PM
I wrote an article about this a while back:

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articles2012/FourtoEightplayersthatcanhelpTorontoFC.aspx

1) Dejan Jakovic

A Canadian centerback who has plenty of experience in MLS and has featured 18 times this season. Toronto FC would need to make big moves in order to sign the centerback, perhaps sending Eric Avila to DC, but solidifying the backline with Darren O’Dea and Jakovic in the center would be worth it.
-Not worth 208k. Too injury prone. And just had absolute garbage game vs TFC on Sat. Overrated due to his slightly decent passing ability.

2) Sam Cronin

Surely he wouldn’t return to Toronto FC, would he? There’s a rumour out there that Toronto FC have been considering a possible…redrafting (?) of Sam Cronin, sending their 2013 First Round Draft Pick to San Jose in exchange for the young midfielder. Cronin’s return would be welcome by TFC faithful, and a starting spot in midfield would be almost assured.
-I like Cronin, but I wonder how open Cronin would be to returning to Toronto, considering he was badly treated and basically turfed out.

4) Zac MacMath

The Philadelphia Union goalkeeper is an important backup player, because the one thing Toronto FC have an abundance of is solid goalkeepers. MacMath can be picked up for a second round draft pick and allocation, but would be important should Toronto FC choose to cash-in on one of Stefan Frei or Milos Kocic.

-Philly highly rates MacMath, and considers him their number 1.

6) Nelson Rivas

What Montreal did right this year was shoring up their backline. What Montreal did wrong this year was shoring up their backline too much. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing and with Matteo Ferrari, Shavar Thomas, Alessandro Nesta and a flurry of MLS journeymen CBs, having an injury-prone Rivas in the salary cap is irresponsible. Toronto FC may capitalize on this.
-Rivas played 11 games this season, and is out 5 months to an injury. Not worth tying up an international spot for.

ArmenJBX
10-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Yeah, Rivas got injured right after. Terrible and unfortunate. As for MacMath, I think Philly rates him now, but he's one of those "hot" goalkeepers and perhaps doesn't have the long-term form required to hold a starting spot.

ag futbol
10-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Rennie has been converting Salgado to a winger, which to me is just a huge mistake (not as huge a mistake as playing Aaron MAund as a midfielder, but hey, we can't all be PM). Evans is a great player, and I can't see Seattle parting with him. He can play all cross the mid, has a solid left foot. But if it were possible, he'd be huge.Same with Ned Grabavoy, an underappreciated two-way. He's no Gershon Koffie but he's hella hard working and more talented than Terry. Le Toux is interesting; I wonder why a guy moves so much sometimes, and how much of it is cultural character differences that are misread by each side.

Rennie baffles me as a coach. The team has a lot of talent and he seems to find ways to minimize it as opposed to maximize it.

Agreed, I think LeToux would be interesting. What is it with teams and not playing this guy in the position where he scored 10+ goals a season?

-Rivas played 11 games this season, and is out 5 months to an injury. Not worth tying up an international spot for.

Rivas's deal is that he's cheap because he's injury prone. He actually doesn't earn much money and I don't think is cap-tieing montreal. They have an older backline so they probably appreciate the depth, doubt he'll be going anywhere.

Yohan
11-16-2012, 12:07 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/11/15/oduro-frustrated-benching-leaves-fire-future-unclear

Dominic Oduro unsettled at Chicago. trade bait?

Carts
11-16-2012, 08:41 AM
YP Lee... Watched a bunch of Vancouver games and was impressed with his play...

Other than that; some guys called Dero, Beckham, Henry, Donovan, Keane, Magee, Wondolowski, Pickens... No prob getting all of them... ;)

Yohan
11-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Lee may be thinking of retiring. If not, he's retiring after next season

T-boy
11-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Le Toux would have been a much better acquisition than Hassli IMO, for much less price too. Le Toux playing in the central striker roll is a real goal scorer.

narduch
11-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Le Toux would have been a much better acquisition than Hassli IMO, for much less price too. Le Toux playing in the central striker roll is a real goal scorer.

Vancouver got Dane Richards though. Even as a rental, did we have anyone comparable to send the other way?

I like Le Toux though. Wish we got him, but I'm not sure how we could have.

T-boy
11-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Vancouver got Dane Richards though. Even as a rental, did we have anyone comparable to send the other way?

I like Le Toux though. Wish we got him, but I'm not sure how we could have.

Agreed, Whitecaps clearly wanted Richards in return, and that was the catalyst for the trade I would say.

Yohan
11-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Agreed, Whitecaps clearly wanted Richards in return, and that was the catalyst for the trade I would say.

and Richards is off to play for Burnley in Jan. But I think Le Toux is out of contract, and should be available for re-entry draft in Dec

T-boy
11-16-2012, 11:46 AM
and Richards is off to play for Burnley in Jan. But I think Le Toux is out of contract, and should be available for re-entry draft in Dec

I haven't actually seen a formal announcement, but Le Toux' wiki page says he's heading back to Philly next season? Otherwise I would take him in a heartbeat.

Ultra & Proud
11-16-2012, 11:59 AM
- Sebastian Le Toux, F, NY, 145k, 28 yrs old
- Ned Grabavoy, DM/CM, RSL, 120k, 29 yrs old
- Brad Evans, AM/CM, SEA, 145k, 27 yrs old

Would love these guys on TFC. Especially the latter two, who we really need.

Bonus is they are all at proper wage levels for MLS. We can afford all of them just off the cuts we did yesterday.

West220Side
11-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Mike Magee - $124,135

Naturally he's a forward but he's been converted from that to play on the wings usually either at left or right midfield he would be a great pickup, trouble is I don't know how you would pry him from the Galaxy. He knows how to find the back of the net.
His 2012 stats are.... 5 goals, 4 assists.

Would compliment Luis Silva in the midfield who was 5 goals, and 5 assists.

ryan
11-16-2012, 06:26 PM
I think Magee is a product of the players around him, not so much himself. It's easier to get lost into open space when defenders have to worry about the plethora of danger LA presents. He does however not waste his chances, so there's some quality there for sure.

Pookie
11-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Most of these guys contracts do not end this season. And MLS does have free agency, but those that qualify do have to go through re entry draft (not an allocation process)

I'm with ensco on this.

The re-entry process (through which Cann, Harden, etc) will go through is a draft which is based on reverse order of finish. After two rounds, if no one takes them they become "free agents" but I'm not sure how you can equate that with free agency. Most of those that don't get picked up find themselves outside of the league.. particularly since the "Stage II" or second round of the draft allows teams to renegotiate the salary to a lower number. Essentially, all the attractive prospects will generally find themselves a dance partner.

jloome
11-16-2012, 08:25 PM
I think Magee is a product of the players around him, not so much himself. It's easier to get lost into open space when defenders have to worry about the plethora of danger LA presents. He does however not waste his chances, so there's some quality there for sure.

I could be wrong, but didn't Magee sign in NY when he was 15? I seem to remember him being the youngest in the league (taking over from Eddie Gaven who was 16) until Freddie Adu signed.

Magee's always been a really, really solid player. Poaching has improved in the last few years too. NY really never knew what to do with him, whether to play him in the hole, wide or as a striker, sort of like DeRo's early problems.

gracos
11-16-2012, 09:35 PM
If possible could I get an idea of what you guys think of the players Colorado has let go, would any of them fit well with Toronto

FWD Conor Casey
FWD/MID Edu
MID Joseph Nane
DEF Tyrone Marshall
DEF Tyson Wahl
Luis Zapata
GK Ian Joyce
DEF Scott Palguta

West220Side
11-16-2012, 10:04 PM
If possible could I get an idea of what you guys think of the players Colorado has let go, would any of them fit well with Toronto

FWD Conor Casey
FWD/MID Edu
MID Joseph Nane
DEF Tyrone Marshall
DEF Tyson Wahl
Luis Zapata
GK Ian Joyce
DEF Scott Palguta

I was only 12 or 13 when I first started going to games with my dad (18 now) but could somebody explain to me the Conor Casey situation? He was here in Toronto, what was his problem? Did he not like the country? The City? Obviously he wouldn't want to return...

DoubleUp
11-16-2012, 10:22 PM

FWD Conor Casey
FWD/MID Edu
MID Joseph Nane
DEF Tyrone Marshall
DEF Tyson Wahl
Luis Zapata
GK Ian Joyce
DEF Scott Palguta

None are worth a look in my opinion.

TOBOR !
11-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Yohan ; we've got to get you a girlfriend