PDA

View Full Version : PRE/IN/POST GAME TFC vs MTL Oct. 20 1:30PM TSN

denime
10-09-2012, 12:52 PM
With two weeks off,I think TFC should be healthy and ready for Montreal.For both teams this game is just for the pride,and hopefully last home game for Mariner as TFC coach.

Roster:

We will start again with 6-7 CB/LB/RB all playing out of their positions and with ultimate box to box player and best finisher in the modern times.

That should be good enough to beat Limpact,no?

2-1 WIN for TFC

Yohan
10-09-2012, 01:01 PM
It will be a boring game between two teams who just don't care after losing the playoffs race. Though I really hate losing against Montreal.

Oldtimer
10-09-2012, 01:03 PM
With no Habs playing, MTL will be out in force.

With cold weather and dire football, the stadium will seem quite empty.

With the supporters being mostly silent, UM02 will be noticeable.

Mariner will not be able to win this game. Either 1-1 tie or 2-1 MTL is my guess.

CommradePolski
10-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Mariner said in the presser post DC game that Johnson and Amerikwa will likely be out. However Hassli is a maybe.

TOBOR !
10-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I hear we can expect 400 Mtl fans to arrive.

I honestly can't be bothered with them - our chief concerns lay elsewhere.

I say ignore them - let them enjoy their day.

Yohan
10-09-2012, 01:23 PM
I hear we can expect 400 Mtl fans to arrive.

I honestly can't be bothered with them - our chief concerns lay elsewhere.

I say ignore them - let them enjoy their day.great. seeing Limp Act supporters owning our field. my blood pressure is going to be so high

TOBOR !
10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
great. seeing Limp Act supporters owning our field. my blood pressure is going to be so high

Could be the final straw for Mariner at least, possibly Cochrane as well.

The beginning of the end of the 'Reign of Error'.

narduch
10-09-2012, 01:29 PM
TFC FO is probably happy that they sold 400 tickets.

TOBOR !
10-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Seriously though - imagine what security will be like. 400 impact fans arriving after the nonsense we had with them last year.

Everyone'll be in riot gear.

Oldtimer
10-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Seriously though - imagine what security will be like. 400 impact fans arriving after the nonsense we had with them last year.

Everyone'll be in riot gear.

400 MTL fans = 20 "LOL" garbage bag TIFOs.

Yohan
10-09-2012, 02:45 PM
400 MTL fans = 20 "LOL" garbage bag TIFOs.

and spray painted bedsheets

Initial B
10-09-2012, 02:48 PM
With the mental state the team is in right now, I'm not sure they can win. And if Montreal wins at BMO for the first time ever, I'm not sure how Mariner will be able to survive that when the lack of season ticket renewals forces TFC's hand. I'm thinking a 1-1 tie: A result that will satisfy noone.

Toronto
10-09-2012, 08:30 PM
I have my "Joey please buy TFC" banner ready to go. Yes it's come to this.

__wowza
10-10-2012, 10:13 AM
great. seeing Limp Act supporters owning our field. my blood pressure is going to be so high

let em, they can be kings of the trash heap for a couple of hours if they want.

Auzzy
10-10-2012, 11:37 AM

Yes, that will be sad & annoying. However, if it makes it into the media that may be good in the long run.

PAOK17
10-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Remember when we smashed Montreal a few years in a game that they didn't play their first team? Remember how pissed Saputo was despite it being a meaningless game to them with a big league game against Vancouver a few days later? Why do I have a feeling that if the same were to happen to us against Montreal at home next week, no one from the FO would get as pissed as Saputo. I'm almost hoping we get smashed (won't happen since we'll be playing our first team desperate for a win) just to see how upper management handles us being destroyed by our biggest rival. Their apathy or love for the team would be clear as day in that situation.

maninb
10-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Any result which hastens the departure of EC & PM will be okay by me....

Initial B
10-11-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm almost hoping we get smashed (won't happen since we'll be playing our first team desperate for a win) just to see how upper management handles us being destroyed by our biggest rival. Their apathy or love for the team would be clear as day in that situation.
Our first team is weaker than their second stringers. Montreal will be looking for payback from earlier this summer when we beat them 3-0 on their home turf. I'm expecting the TFC FO won't be able to sugar-coat the results. In fact, I'm betting they won't even try to respond - they'll just stick their heads in the sand and hope the uproar goes away.

CommradePolski
10-11-2012, 09:12 AM
At least we will get to see Nesta?

AL-MO
10-11-2012, 09:51 PM

As someone who is supposedly one of the RPB banner guys (and a mod on this board) you should be ashamed. MTL are bringing huge away numbers and are going to own us in our own stadium, and all you can do is shrug.

I'm interested to see if the rest of your group shares the same opinion.

Belfast_Boy
10-11-2012, 10:17 PM
It's sad that we have.come to this. We should be painting banners and planning new songs about those wankers from Montreal
We've become distracted because of the incompetence of management.

Shakes McQueen
10-11-2012, 10:26 PM
As someone who is supposedly one of the RPB banner guys (and a mod on this board) you should be ashamed. MTL are bringing huge away numbers and are going to own us in our own stadium, and all you can do is shrug.

Holy continuous, thinly-veiled passive-aggression, Batman.

Can't imagine why lethargy would set in for anyone, what with the dismal product on the pitch, and the neverending high-school politics and dramatics that occur on this board.

I'm with the People's Front of Judea!

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
10-11-2012, 10:28 PM
It's sad that we have.come to this. We should be painting banners and planning new songs about those wankers from Montreal
We've become distracted because of the incompetence of management.

Frankly, I kind of think we should be distracted on other things, as long as the plan is to take tangible action on them. Fixing this mess of a franchise is more important to me at the moment, than picking a fight with Montreal. As much as I can't stand them.

- Scott

denime
10-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Frankly, I kind of think we should be distracted on other things, as long as the plan is to take tangible action on them. Fixing this mess of a franchise is more important to me at the moment, than picking a fight with Montreal. As much as I can't stand them.

- Scott

Agree 100%

Fuck Montreal,let's get 3 stooges out first,we can deal with Limpact in years to come.

Belfast_Boy
10-11-2012, 10:49 PM

- Scott

The. you're part of the protest? See you on the 20th.

Tangible action is all that I'm concerned with.

__wowza
10-12-2012, 01:35 AM

ashamed of what? they're supporting their team and we're protesting our FO/coach/shitty season. that's hardly a shrug, it's two very different ends of the spectrum.
if you'd like to pipe up and say we should drop the protest for the final game of the season to remind the limpact supporters who we are, then by all means take that stance.. voice it even. rally up troops, paint a TIFO, hop on the capo, sing, chant, bounce for 90+ and get it going. until then we're not even in the same ballpark with that comparison; you know we aren't. if they want to have full run of a stadium while our priorities are elsewhere, good for them. they can bully the playground no ones on.

and yeah i help design banners, and yeah, im a mod.. that's supposed to mean what exactly? i can't have a passive opinion about all of this?
like they're somehow all tied together? sorry, i can speak my piece on the board as a supporter of the team and as a mod separately.

cmonyoureds
10-12-2012, 10:42 AM

Don't know either party to this one, but.....

Supposedly? Pretty sure it's confirmed.
Ashamed? Of focusing his desire to elicit change with this organization for long term benefit, not a one day party? I think not.
Huge away numbers? 400. Really? Child's play considering what this group has accomplished in the past.
Own us in our own stadium? With what, garbage bag crayola TIFO's and urinal stickers?

Really, I get we hate Mtl, but maybe we should focus our anger on being "owned on the field and by Mr. Saputo" before we worry about their fans. At least given what their fans have shown until now.

jloome
10-12-2012, 11:03 AM

I respect your opinion as a long-time fan but this doesn't make any sense. By going and cheering, you're endorsing more of the same.

tfcleeds
10-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I'd like to think it's possible to both show our discontent with the clowns currently running this show and sling invective at the visiting Limpact scum, but my focus for this match will definitely be on the former.

AL-MO
10-12-2012, 11:44 AM
I'd like to think it's possible to both show our discontent with the clowns currently running this show and sling invective at the visiting Limpact scum, but my focus for this match will definitely be on the former.

Of course it is.

Belfast_Boy
10-12-2012, 12:17 PM
if anyone show up to the game we should be giving those ignorant bastards as much crap as humanly possible.

we meet a Joes before
march
put up our banners and two sticks
tic tac tabernac etc...
rally at Gate 4 and Gossip after.

not brain science here folks.
have a bllast doing it!

TOBOR !
10-13-2012, 10:50 PM
holy continuous, thinly-veiled passive-aggression, batman.

Can't imagine why lethargy would set in for anyone, what with the dismal product on the pitch, and the neverending high-school politics and dramatics that occur on this board.

I'm with the people's front of judea!

- scott

splitter !

T-boy
10-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Any result which hastens the departure of EC & PM will be okay by me....

I'm not picking on your post in particular, but just to highlight that its a VERY sad state when a whole pre-game thread is made of of TFC fans wishing for their team to lose.

No wonder I don't post here anymore. When you actually wish against your own team to win a local derby, there is absolutely no hope. If I heard an Oxford fan saying they wished they would lose to Swindon, I would actually fight them in the stands, and so would a lot of other supporters.

3-1 win for TFC, lets go out on a high and give us something to cheer for the last game against our LOCAL DERBY RIVALS.

Blizzard
10-14-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm not picking on your post in particular, but just to highlight that its a VERY sad state when a whole pre-game thread is made of of TFC fans wishing for their team to lose.

No wonder I don't post here anymore. When you actually wish against your own team to win a local derby, there is absolutely no hope. If I heard an Oxford fan saying they wished they would lose to Swindon, I would actually fight them in the stands, and so would a lot of other supporters.

3-1 win for TFC, lets go out on a high and give us something to cheer for the last game against our LOCAL DERBY RIVALS.

Agreed. I will not be cheering against my team. I have my problems with the FO as much as anybody but I'm not going to cheer against the guys who are wearing the red shirts. That just is not going to happen.

B

RedRum
10-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Protest or no protest would not have mattered. Writing has been on the wall for 2-3 years, like watching a train wreck happen in slow-motion. Our support survived 5 years of shit management, shit results, and shit-shows on the boards. It's not an excuse. The problem? Look in the mirror.

Derko
10-15-2012, 12:12 PM

Here,Here T_Boy

tfcleeds
10-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Agreed - cheering for TFC to lose this game isn't in anyone's interests, and won't solve anything. A victory certainly won't erase the nightmare that has been the 2012 season, but a loss here isn't going to mean Mariner/Cochrane are immediately shown the door either. Nothing to gain by hoping for a loss. I'm going to be cheering on the boys in red, while expressing my discontent with current management.

Suds
10-15-2012, 12:37 PM
We win this game 2-1.

It will be great to see the Limpact fans go home all pissed because the lost to the worst team in the world. Stick that in your poutine!!

Code Red
10-16-2012, 12:49 PM
How about remaining silent for one half and going mental the other half? Too contradictory?

Or better yet, why don't we remain silent, hold up all the protest banners during warm-ups and the first 2 mins of the game and then put all the negative banners away and explode for the rest of the game? That way we get both messages out.

T-boy
10-16-2012, 12:55 PM
If people want to protest management, the best way would be to go TO the stadium on Saturday, but don't actually go through the gates. Stand outside and chant and cheer outside the turnstiles. Nothing would be more damning than people having the desire to go TO the game, but not actually go into the stadium and give more to the organisation.

The people inside the stadium on game day should be there to support the badge and the players (who, whether they have the talent or not, are trying their best for the badge on gameday).

If you want to protest, stay outside. Staying at home altogether isn't going to help the cause. But going to the stadium and refusing the enter and chanting OUTSIDE, is going to be the most effective way to protest higher management of the club.

ag futbol
10-16-2012, 01:52 PM
The way I look at it, management is basically tone-deaf. It has to hit their bottom-line or personal reputation to register.

They've been riding out this "bad sports franchise" things for a long time, it takes a lot for things to register on their radar.

trane
10-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Holy continuous, thinly-veiled passive-aggression, Batman.

I'm with the People's Front of Judea!

- Scott

Ha one of those PFJ traitors.

That is why we cannot see eye to eye I am with Front of the People's of Judea. FPJ.

At least you are not with our real enemy the JPF, the Judea's People's Front.

Shakes McQueen
10-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Ha one of those PFJ traitors.

That is why we cannot see eye to eye I am with Front of the People's of Judea. FPJ.

At least you are not with our real enemy the JPF, the Judea's People's Front.

SPLITTER!

- Scott

Initial B
10-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Man, after the Canada-Honduras game, I just can't see how TFC will pull off a win. This isn a cursed year for Canadian teams wearing red. I'm saying 4-1 Montreal now. :(

MG42
10-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Man, after the Canada-Honduras game, I just can't see how TFC will pull off a win. This isn a cursed year for Canadian teams wearing red. I'm saying 4-1 Montreal now. :(

I say 8-1

Red CB Toronto
10-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I am going to be their Saturday, supporting the 11 lads on the pitch.

DoubleUp
10-16-2012, 11:49 PM

Can we change the kit next season??? Maybe get a fresh start of some sort.

sashavukelich
10-17-2012, 06:51 AM
I say we change kit to a black kit and wear it until we have a winning season.

TOBOR !
10-17-2012, 07:13 AM

yes. we know.

Fort York Redcoat
10-17-2012, 07:19 AM

yes. we know.

Thank you both. I needed to laugh this morning.

See you there, C.

cmonyoureds
10-18-2012, 12:08 PM
So in light of the recent Year 1 pricing announcement, ummmm, keep the "terrible football decisions" protest going but leave the "pricing complaints" out?

Gazza
10-19-2012, 07:53 AM
SPLITTER!

- Scott

But they've given us Frings! They've given us Hassli! Scotch Eggs! and....the aqueduct?

Yohan
10-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Not a single peep from players or coach about upcoming derby, when Mtl players (heck, even Nesta to Italian media) are taking it seriously

FFS. Yes, the season sucks, but if you can't get hyped up for a derby (and this derby is just about fierce as Cascadia derbies), what the fuck?

Ajax TFC
10-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Not a single peep from players or coach about upcoming derby, when Mtl players (heck, even Nesta to Italian media) are taking it seriously

FFS. Yes, the season sucks, but if you can't get hyped up for a derby (and this derby is just about fierce as Cascadia derbies), what the fuck?
Perhaps that's what happens when the only Canadian close to the first team is from BC.

mcolvy
10-19-2012, 12:04 PM
well at least we get the 1st overall draft pick!?! Maybe that'll warm up the board...

Platts
10-19-2012, 12:08 PM
WE TRADED THE 1st PICK FOR 2 MONTHS OF HASSLI !!!

Don't you know MLSE always get rid of their 1st picks.
I can forgive you overlooking this, the Shit piles so high you can't keep track of it all

gracos
10-19-2012, 12:15 PM
WE TRADED THE 1st PICK FOR 2 MONTHS OF HASSLI !!!

Don't you know MLSE always get rid of their 1st picks.
I can forgive you overlooking this, the Shit piles so high you can't keep track of it all

Just wanted to make sure you we still have our first round pick for this coming offseason, its next years we gave up for Hassli, so we could still pick up a fairly decent player during the postseason if TFC decides to do their homework

Torontotonto
10-19-2012, 05:41 PM

Although we have bigger issues right now, I never want to lose to the Shitpack, especially at home.

:facepalm:

Code Red
10-19-2012, 06:20 PM
You know things are BAD, REALLY BAD, when the pre-game thread against our biggest rival is merely 2 pages in length. We can thank 6 years of futility aka management for that.

So, Montreal and their scumbag supporters are coming to town and we all know what happened the last time they were here. Something tells me they'll be looking to start trouble.

Rene Kingsriver
10-19-2012, 10:48 PM
You know things are BAD, REALLY BAD, when the pre-game thread against our biggest rival is merely 2 pages in length. We can thank 6 years of futility aka management for that.

So, Montreal and their scumbag supporters are coming to town and we all know what happened the last time they were here. Something tells me they'll be looking to start trouble.

It doesn't matter how bad things are anyone who wants us to lose to the Impact is a traitorus fuck

AL-MO
10-20-2012, 08:52 AM
It doesn't matter how bad things are anyone who wants us to lose to the Impact is a traitorus fuck

Bingo.

ensco
10-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Am I a traitor if I say I'm most interested in seeing Nesta today?

:hide:

ouderwien
10-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Too far away for this game. Oh well, there's next year.

narduch
10-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Am I a traitor if I say I'm most interested in seeing Nesta today?

:hide:

Haha. Me too.

Still want TFC to win though.

I read that Nesta didn't practice with Montreal yesterday. I wonder if he will even play.

ouderwien
10-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Looks like O'dea will be out with injury and Johnson is out with Yellow Card accumulation

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/10/19/tfc-dealt-further-blow-odea-injury-hassli-returns

INJURY REPORT TORONTO FC – OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); FW Danny Koevermans (L knee ACL tear); DF Ty Harden (lower abdominal strain); MF Torsten Frings (L hip); MF Matt Stinson (R quadriceps strain); FW Keith Makubuya (L ankle sprain); FW Quincy Amarikwa (L hamstring strain); QUESTIONABLE: FW Eric Hassli (R ankle sprain) …
MONTREAL IMPACT – OUT: DF Nelson Rivas (L knee surgery); MF Felipe (sports hernia); FW Bernardo Corradi (L knee ACL tear)

SUSPENDED: TOR: Ryan Johnson (caution accumulation; through Oct. 21) … MTL: Jesse Marsch (head coach; through Oct. 21)

ouderwien
10-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Our bench will be five people? Haha:facepalm:

prizby
10-20-2012, 09:21 AM
We know what we are
WE KNOW WHAT WEEE ARRRRRRRRRRRRREEE
Champions of Canada (or Canadian Champions)
We know what we are

T-boy
10-20-2012, 11:05 AM
We know what we are
WE KNOW WHAT WEEE ARRRRRRRRRRRRREEE
The worst team in the world
We know what we are

You got the lyrics wrong! I changed for you! :p

notthesun
10-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Holy crap, Avila in the starting lineup. I must be dreaming.

narduch
10-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Line ups via twitter:

#TorontoFC (https://fr.twitter.com/search?q=%23TorontoFC&src=hash) XI: F. Hall; J. Hall, Eckersley, Emory, Morgan; Lambe, Dunfield, Maund, Avila; Silva, Hassli ..

#TorontoFC (https://fr.twitter.com/search?q=%23TorontoFC&src=hash) substitutes: Kocic; Henry, Cann, Williams, Cordon, Lindsay, Wiedeman ..

Impact XI vs #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) Perkins, Brovsky, Ferrari, Camara, Arnaud (C); Nyassi, Mallace, Bernier, Warner; Wenger, Di Vaio

Impact Sub: Bush; Thomas, Nesta, Iapichino; Mapp, Neagle; Sebrango

Interesting, Lindsay makes the bench for TFC. Nesta on the bench for Montreal.

ouderwien
10-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Well, atleast Mariner is filling out the bench. I love to see Lindsay get some playing time.

Makabuya when he got his 10mins looked impressive a few months ago. Those are players that will be playing for spots.

Ajax TFC
10-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Line ups via twitter:

#TorontoFC (https://fr.twitter.com/search?q=%23TorontoFC&src=hash) XI: F. Hall; J. Hall, Eckersley, Emory, Morgan; Lambe, Dunfield, Maund, Avila; Silva, Hassli ..

Who is this Avila guy? His name sounds familiar, but I can quite figure out where I've seen him before...

CBTFC
10-20-2012, 12:17 PM
I was hoping/assuming all week that by the time Saturday morning rolled around, I'd get into my usual routine of scrambling to grab tickets and head down to BMO to watch the match (I'm not even that far, at Queen/Spadina).

Woke up this morning...and nothing. I have several cold (and very reasonably priced) tall cans in my fridge, some *herbal remedies* ;), and a comfy seat. I'll be at the home opener in 2013.

C'mon you reds...*sigh*

DoubleUp
10-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Hate watching our midfield, its so stale.

ag futbol
10-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Well, atleast Mariner is filling out the bench. I love to see Lindsay get some playing time.

Makabuya when he got his 10mins looked impressive a few months ago. Those are players that will be playing for spots.
Could only hope that Lindsay has something left after his surgery. Before that he was our best prospect.

CBTFC
10-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Could only hope that Lindsay has something left after his surgery. Before that he was our best prospect.

Wasn't that a result of something like a snowmobiling accident, during the winter of 2010/2011?

mowe
10-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Did we seriously just have 3 posts during the first half? Only one of them was talking about the game too. Incredible.

JackBauer24
10-20-2012, 01:30 PM
That was...uneventful.

narduch
10-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Anselmi sounded a little defeated in that in game interview. Sounds like they will be reviewing the front office in the off-season. If I was on the fence about renewing, that wouldn't be an interview that would make me feel better about next season. The same canned bs responses as always from Anselmi.

As for the game. A pretty boring afair between two teams that have already given up on the season. Have to laugh at De Vos calling it a conservative 'derby' type match. It feels more like a pre-season friendly between two teams that don't really care.

Mariner is wearing a tie. I think he's trying to rock the world of all his detractors. lol.

narduch
10-20-2012, 01:32 PM
And if anyone wasn't sure about the real reason for the price drop, that stadium is fucking empty. I can't wait to see them announce the attendance as 15,000+

Richard
10-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Anselmi sounded a little defeated in that in game interview. Sounds like they will be reviewing the front office in the off-season. If I was on the fence about renewing, that wouldn't be an interview that would make me feel better about next season. The same canned bs responses as always from Anselmi.

As for the game. A pretty boring afair between two teams that have already given up on the season. Have to laugh at De Vos calling it a conservative 'derby' type match. It feels more like a pre-season friendly between two teams that don't really care.

Mariner is wearing a tie. I think he's trying to rock the world of all his detractors. lol.

If at this point they still cant see Mariner and Coch are not the right people in charge they are hopeless, anything short of them being fired will turn me off for next season.

OgtheDim
10-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Hmmm........hearing 3 kids shouting TFC. Sounds like a Blue Jays game.

CBTFC
10-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Just cracked my 4th tall can. I'm thoroughly enjoying hearing the random shouts/screams/profanities from the fans.

ag futbol
10-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Wasn't that a result of something like a snowmobiling accident, during the winter of 2010/2011?
Yep, that's the one.. damn shame.

He's had multiple surgeries on his knees since then. I can't remember if it was one knee of both, but it was ugly.

ag futbol
10-20-2012, 02:04 PM
If at this point they still cant see Mariner and Coch are not the right people in charge they are hopeless, anything short of them being fired will turn me off for next season.
I was distracted when he was talking, but it sounded like more typical BS.

I got the drift like they are going to "add" to the front office without firing anyone. So they'll try to put lipstick on this pig without having to explicitly acknowledge that you have the wrong people running the show yet again.

ag futbol
10-20-2012, 02:11 PM
lol, thank god for Justin Mapp... four man break and he can't find anyone lol

Ajax TFC
10-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Why does Dunfield think that he can take free kicks? He has zero ability to curve the ball.

v00d00daddy
10-20-2012, 02:14 PM
I just left the park completely content with the fact that I will not renew.

Because:

1. We had a great opportunity with a free kick on the edge of the box and terry fucking Dunfield stood over it. That's embarrassing. It we can't muster a better dead ball kicker than him we have no right to be in this league.

And

2. I got tired of hearing daygo this and fucking Italian diver that in the crowd.

Fuck this team and fuck they're supporters.

They're both a travesty.

[NBF]
10-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Jason DeVos named the MVP's from the 3 Canadian teams:

Vancouver: Young Py Lee
Montreal: Patrice Bernier
Toronto: Terry Dunfield

Well, I think he's entitled to his own opinion, but I dont know if he's being sarcastic or if he considers TFC a team without an MVP so he's just being a smart ass.

Another thing I caught during the pregame, was the new format for the Canadian Championship, which has the 3 MLS Canadian teams listed according to their records in the previous season and the Edmonton listed as the 4th team by default.

This is the most likely scenerio:

1st Place team(Vancouver)
vs
4th Place team(Edmonton)

2nd Place team(Montreal)
vs
3rd Place team(Toronto)

ag futbol
10-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Oh Jason DeVos, what a small minded world he must live in.

[NBF]
10-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Why does Dunfield think that he can take free kicks? He has zero ability to curve the ball.

I think you can throw a kitchen sink further than any of his free kicks. BTW, did anyone catch his Ronaldo-esc pose over the ball?LOL

MG42
10-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Just you wait for the 8-1 win sgainst Santos on wednesday

Ajax TFC
10-20-2012, 02:23 PM

Because:

1. We had a great opportunity with a free kick on the edge of the box and terry fucking Dunfield stood over it. That's embarrassing. It we can't muster a better dead ball kicker than him we have no right to be in this league.
I think Silva scored some nice free kicks in NCAA last year. I bet Avila could also produce a better free kick if given the chance

v00d00daddy
10-20-2012, 02:26 PM
I've gone from being interested enough in this team prior to year one to buy seasons.

To loving this team more than any other football team on the planet.

To hating this team.

End of.

[NBF]
10-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Did anyone else notice he was wearing pants today? Or is he under that coat......ew

Gazza
10-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Hassli and Silva on the field and Dunfield takes a free kick from close in. How painful was that game to watch? Dear god! Roll back the prices to free and it still wouldn't be worth it.

Soccerpro
10-20-2012, 03:36 PM
What do we have to look forward to next year?
The most expensive and worst defence in MLS
2 old broken down, and 1 cast off DP
A manager who acts like a clown on the sideline and doesn't know what he's doing
Another year of watching great players like the Weinerman and Jeremy Hall tear it up?

Next year is going to be worse than this year.
1. No cap space
2. Same stupid manager who boasted about how great these players were before he brought them in

Gazza
10-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Jeremy Hall could very well be the worst player to wear a TFC jersey.

Soccerpro
10-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Jeremy Hall could very well be the worst player to wear a TFC jersey.

When we traded from him, FC Dallas and Portland fans couldn't figure it out. They all said he was terrible. PLUS he make over $100k a year. I guess Paul Mariner is just plain smarter than everyone.

ArmenJBX
10-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Mariner said post game he thought eight of the players on the field should be squad players - expect wholesale changes.

Pookie
10-20-2012, 03:55 PM
What do we have to look forward to next year?
The most expensive and worst defence in MLS

Actually, it isn't.

Popular opinion is to add up the guaranteed salaries of Eckersley and O'Dea and then claim we have over $1M on the backline. It isn't so.

The Players Union states quite clearly that the guaranteed amount includes items like agent fees.

The average annual guaranteed compensation number also includes any annual marketing bonus to be received in the current year and any agent's fees annualized over the term of the contract.

For that reason, the majority of analysts believe that the base amount is what counts against the cap. Going with that the group of Eckersley, O'Dea, Morgan and Hall count $687,000 or 24.4% of the available cap. Not way out of line with the rest of the league.

All for giving Mariner the gears but in this case it isn't warranted.

Voodooman
10-20-2012, 04:16 PM
16,151 for attendance.......where??

Yohan
10-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Actually, it isn't.

Popular opinion is to add up the guaranteed salaries of Eckersley and O'Dea and then claim we have over $1M on the backline. It isn't so.

The Players Union states quite clearly that the guaranteed amount includes items like agent fees.

The average annual guaranteed compensation number also includes any annual marketing bonus to be received in the current year and any agent's fees annualized over the term of the contract.

For that reason, the majority of analysts believe that the base amount is what counts against the cap. Going with that the group of Eckersley, O'Dea, Morgan and Hall count $687,000 or 24.4% of the available cap. Not way out of line with the rest of the league.

I believe player bonuses count against the cap. so, base cap hit plus a little bit of bonus

Yohan
10-20-2012, 04:27 PM
my anus was so tight when i saw montreal pressing and creating like 4 good chances during the stoppage time, waiting for that last min fuck up again

v00d00daddy
10-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Actually, it isn't.

That's all well and fine IF that's true.

But even if it is....you're resigning yourself to Jeremy Hall at right back.

Not to mention that you're talking about Morgan on 44k a year.

You're taking a snapshot of the current situation and ignoring the future.

Hall is garbage and Morgan is going to cost a lot more soon.

Add to that the fact that Eckersley and O'Dea are paid as if they're the lynchpins in our defense despite neither of them being good enough to make other players better.

They're only capable of doing their job while being paid to be the guys that can show others how to be pros. They're still learning their trades but being paid like veterans.

That's horseshit.

Our backline is overpaid and waaaaaaay underexperinced.

v00d00daddy
10-20-2012, 04:33 PM
my anus was so tight when i saw montreal pressing and creating like 4 good chances during the stoppage time, waiting for that last min fuck up again

Me too. And it's pathetic and sad that not conceding has become a victory in our minds.

"Hey...we bent but didn't break. We didn't give up that late goal. Yay!!!!"

Fuck me...that's depressing.

ensco
10-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Mariner said post game he thought eight of the players on the field should be squad players - expect wholesale changes.

What kind of malarkey is this?

Frings, Koevs, Hassli, Eckersley and O'Dea are $1.7 million against the cap. They've got a million, plus or minus, to spend on the other 15 guys. Many of whom are already under contract, and un-tradeable. Aside from the number one pick, no one of any significance could possibly be coming in.

This team will set the MLS record for fewest offseason moves.

Pookie
10-20-2012, 04:36 PM
^ Hall needs to go and his $100k needs to be used on a CB. Morgan signed an extension, between he, O'Dea and (in his natural position) they are young and can grow together.

I feel that improvements in the midfield would relieve pressure on the Backline. Goals are coming after 20 shot barrages. Control the possession and you reduce the attempts on goal. Give it up and it comes back on you quickly. I feel pretty comfortable with knowing we have 3 of 4 under contract and they are of decent skill and work rate for MLS.

Yohan
10-20-2012, 04:39 PM
That's all well and fine IF that's true.

But even if it is....you're resigning yourself to Jeremy Hall at right back.

Not to mention that you're talking about Morgan on 44k a year.

You're taking a snapshot of the current situation and ignoring the future.

Hall is garbage and Morgan is going to cost a lot more soon.

Add to that the fact that Eckersley and O'Dea are paid as if they're the lynchpins in our defense despite neither of them being good enough to make other players better.

They're only capable of doing their job while being paid to be the guys that can show others how to be pros. They're still learning their trades but being paid like veterans.

That's horseshit.

Our backline is overpaid and waaaaaaay underexperinced.
I think Hall is on his original 3 year deal with MLS (2009 GA) and that should be expiring this season... hopefully!

Yohan
10-20-2012, 04:42 PM
^ Hall needs to go and his $100k needs to be used on a CB. Morgan signed an extension, between he, O'Dea and (in his natural position) they are young and can grow together.

I feel that improvements in the midfield would relieve pressure on the Backline. Goals are coming after 20 shot barrages. Control the possession and you reduce the attempts on goal. Give it up and it comes back on you quickly. I feel pretty comfortable with knowing we have 3 of 4 under contract and they are of decent skill and work rate for MLS.

Hendry Thomas (Honduran international and former Wigan player) is on 200k contract with Colorado. That looks to be price for an above avg DM in MLS.

boozilla
10-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Smoke Bomb 1 - BMO Team 0

Oldtimer
10-20-2012, 04:52 PM
What a dull game for 75 minutes ... then some interesting plays. Both teams were playing not to lose and not to be injured.
The Impact supporters brought it all game and admittedly their sign was funny. BMO sure is quiet these days.

tfc2008
10-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Smoke Bomb 1 - BMO Team 0

TFC. fans - Montreal fans. 0-3

Yohan
10-20-2012, 04:57 PM
What a dull game for 75 minutes ... then some interesting plays. Both teams were playing not to lose and not to be injured.
The Impact supporters brought it all game and admittedly their sign was funny. BMO sure is quiet these days.

Their bedsheet and spray can signs are starting to grow on me lol. Someone should really teach them a lesson in TIFO 101.

I dislike them generally, but they brought about 300 supporters to Toronto when their team was also out of the playoffs. That's good support. And I heard them loud as I was walking to the stadium.

TorontoPat
10-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Game sucked but on the brightside I got to shakehands with Paul Stalteri and met his wife. Cool guy just walking around before the game and nobody seemed to know who he was.

madzap
10-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Someone definitely got to PM. He was in a suit, and overcoat. He went to swear at the linesman and stopped short. I'm sure the 4th official was beside himself not having to chase after PM the entire match. He was no longer a distraction from the game. Too bad today's game was a total yawner except for Montreal trying to open us up in stoppage time. After the match, Mariner looked like he was going to head over to south end but thought better of it.

Still, only two subs made so a chance to let a young Canadian get some playing time wasted. Silva should have been subbed out. He was floating around barely going through the motions.
Hassli wanted to be subbed around the 65th minute, Mariner told him 5 minutes, and stretched it to 15.

I'd like to know how they came up with 16,000 plus.. MAYBE 12,000 at most. Typical MLSE math.

In the end, we said our good-byes to the friends around us, some will be back, several on the fence about renewing, and several adamant they will not be back as SSH.

Gazza
10-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Wait...Jeremy Hall makes 100k?

Benficachop20
10-20-2012, 05:47 PM
seriously would it have hurt to play some of the youngsters? these matches mean nothing and still continues to play the same 11 while claiming he's giving players a chance to fight for their contracts. Hall and Maund are fucking terrible. When Dunfield is taking your set pieces u know u have a problem.

Furtado91
10-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Whoever Lit that smoke bomb. Thank you very much. That totally changed the atmosphere and got people chanting loud and getting into things. it definitely looked awesome.

boozilla
10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
TFC. fans - Montreal fans. 0-3
As expected. Good for them to show up. The Canadian market is there, just begging for a product.

Yohan
10-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Wait...Jeremy Hall makes 100k?

Hall was a GA

TFC07
10-20-2012, 06:22 PM
This game was boring as hell. Atmosphere is totally dead (felt like I was at funeral at times).

Montreal fans did a good job supporting their team.

Fire Mariner and Co!

London
10-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Whoever Lit that smoke bomb. Thank you very much. That totally changed the atmosphere and got people chanting loud and getting into things. it definitely looked awesome.

watch the game in 6- wow just wow

ArmenJBX
10-20-2012, 06:45 PM
What kind of malarkey is this?

Frings, Koevs, Hassli, Eckersley and O'Dea are $1.7 million against the cap. They've got a million, plus or minus, to spend on the other 15 guys. Many of whom are already under contract, and un-tradeable. Aside from the number one pick, no one of any significance could possibly be coming in.

This team will set the MLS record for fewest offseason moves.

Definitely, cap room is something they need to focus on. You have to think we won't have three DPs next year - we can't afford them.

As for commodities, Toronto FC have definitely run thin, aside from the trade of the first round draft pick.
Let's see what Mariner and co. can come up with.

Also: I saw Anselmi walking by with a bag of those black caps they were giving away today, which look pretty freaking sweet. I must have missed um. If anyone has an extra hat, PM me!

Rudy
10-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Someone definitely got to PM. He was in a suit, and overcoat. He went to swear at the linesman and stopped short. I'm sure the 4th official was beside himself not having to chase after PM the entire match. He was no longer a distraction from the game. Too bad today's game was a total yawner except for Montreal trying to open us up in stoppage time. After the match, Mariner looked like he was going to head over to south end but thought better of it.

Still, only two subs made so a chance to let a young Canadian get some playing time wasted. Silva should have been subbed out. He was floating around barely going through the motions.
Hassli wanted to be subbed around the 65th minute, Mariner told him 5 minutes, and stretched it to 15.

I'd like to know how they came up with 16,000 plus.. MAYBE 12,000 at most. Typical MLSE math.

In the end, we said our good-byes to the friends around us, some will be back, several on the fence about renewing, and several adamant they will not be back as SSH.

someone tweeted that Paul Mariner dressed on suit today in memory of his father.

AL-MO
10-20-2012, 07:02 PM

Because:

And

2. I got tired of hearing daygo this and fucking Italian diver that in the crowd.

Fuck this team and fuck they're supporters.

They're both a travesty.

TFC Support is a travesty. TFC Supporters without some kind of direction and leadership are just random drunks full of stupid comments. Lots of great people but just as many douchebags. Its pretty sad. I experienced first hand for the entire first half in 113.

jazzy
10-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Holy crap, Avila in the starting lineup. I must be dreaming.

Avila was the best player on the field today....for us

ArmenJBX
10-20-2012, 08:01 PM
someone tweeted that Paul Mariner dressed on suit today in memory of his father.

There was a moment at the end of the presser where Mariner said "I have a great future...I have a great family" and there was a pause right after, where he teared up.

You can tell he's thinking of his father. It was probably the most touching moment I've ever experienced in that press room.

Code Red
10-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Two things:

1) Respect to travelling Impact supporters / UM02. I've always said these guys are top 5 in the league for support and today proved my point. For 90+ minutes they owned us in our OWN ground. Surprised? No. Dissapointed? Yes.

2) Pre-smoke bomb = Morgue. Post-smoke bomb = Atmosphere.

That is all.

brad
10-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Did the players do their lap of honour like they normally do at the end of the season, or just dissapear down the tunnel?

daner90
10-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Avila was the best player on the field today....for us

Amen. The fact PM has refused to play him is a travesty when we have no creativity in the midfield all season. Instead Aaron Maund gets the majority of the minutes....yuck

Fort York Redcoat
10-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Did the players do their lap of honour like they normally do at the end of the season, or just dissapear down the tunnel?

They did the lap. I would understand them not wanting to and appreciate them acknowledging the fans.

ag futbol
10-21-2012, 09:59 AM
They did the lap. I would understand them not wanting to and appreciate them acknowledging the fans.
Yes, I have to say that is admirable, all said and done.

Otherwise, there was nothing really notable about this game. Both teams mailed it in.

Code Red
10-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Smoke Bomb Photo #1:
http://isiphotos.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Toronto-FC-vs-Montreal-Impact-October-20-2012/G0000frIuwxuVcfU/I0000XdlK0M3J9kQ/C0000ph.duJk_gNk

Smoke Bomb Photo #2:
http://isiphotos.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Toronto-FC-vs-Montreal-Impact-October-20-2012/G0000frIuwxuVcfU/I0000nyRqcwVVZz4/C0000ph.duJk_gNk

Montreal Impact Travelling Support:
http://isiphotos.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Toronto-FC-vs-Montreal-Impact-October-20-2012/G0000frIuwxuVcfU/I0000v9lVAv8JD9o/C0000ph.duJk_gNk

lobo
10-21-2012, 01:27 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/10gjibp.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ziopbd.png

Ajax TFC
10-21-2012, 02:26 PM
lol at Dunfield's Ronaldo stance over the free kick, followed by ten stutter steps

Richard
10-21-2012, 02:26 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/10gjibp.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ziopbd.png

I just imagined how the playoffs would feel:(

Shakes McQueen
10-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Two things:

1) Respect to travelling Impact supporters / UM02. I've always said these guys are top 5 in the league for support and today proved my point. For 90+ minutes they owned us in our OWN ground. Surprised? No. Dissapointed? Yes.

2) Pre-smoke bomb = Morgue. Post-smoke bomb = Atmosphere.

That is all.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but they are still in their honeymoon stage as an MLS club. Given similar circumstances of six years with ownership putting the boot to your head, and a management travesty, I suspect we would see similar apathy. But yes - credit to them for mustering a significant crowd for this trip. Might have been a fun back and forth, if they hadn't caught this club's supporters at their emotional lowest.

I actually talked to a few of em at the game - they said they were disappointed to see what had become of our club, and what it was doing to the fans, because you can't have great heroes without great villains. They want a spirited rivalry, and you can't have that without strength on both sides.

But yes - much credit to everyone who made it out to the game, and especially the guys who organized the protest. I know how hard it is to organize such things, when there's so much apathy.

- Scott

Red CB Toronto
10-21-2012, 11:03 PM
I enjoyed the game yesterday, good to see everyone express their feelings in the manner they saw fit via a banner, two stick protest etc. I decided to enjoy the game from a row right behind the TFC bench, which I always enjoy. The highlight of the day for me came after the Reds did their post game lap around the field thanking the fans, Adrian Cann handed me his jersey.

I must say the smoke was pretty cool to see.

jloome
10-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Did anyone watch Mariner's interview after the game. He says we were playing with "eight backups" and then throws Luis and Hassli under the bus for not being creative enough in front of goal.

Fucking delusional, this guy. He signed the eight backups! Totally throws the team under the bus.

TOBOR !
10-22-2012, 11:45 AM
TFC Support is a travesty. TFC Supporters without some kind of direction and leadership are just random drunks full of stupid comments. Lots of great people but just as many douchebags. Its pretty sad. I experienced first hand for the entire first half in 113.

TFC support is a by-product of the club and it's management.

I doubt it'll ever return to previous levels.

Shakes McQueen
10-22-2012, 06:05 PM
TFC support is a by-product of the club and it's management.

I doubt it'll ever return to previous levels.

It could, but it'll take a lot of work, and many years. It's way easier to lose fans than it is to bring them back. Ask the Blue Jays, who once upon a time set attendance records.

If they don't turn things around within a year or two, I'll be bold here and predict that this team won't even exist any more in 10 years (at minimum, not in MLSE's hands, anyway). It'll bleed fans and money, and then they will eventually cut bait and move on.

This isn't the Leafs, where they can prey on multiple GENERATIONS of thoroughly ingrained fandom - it's a 7 year old team team, playing in a lower-tier league, in a sport that doesn't have the same cache as the "big four". They need to do better.

- Scott

TFC07
10-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Did anyone watch Mariner's interview after the game. He says we were playing with "eight backups" and then throws Luis and Hassli under the bus for not being creative enough in front of goal.

Fucking delusional, this guy. He signed the eight backups! Totally throws the team under the bus.

MLSE and their whores (media) were saying how Mariner is a "players' coach". :D

More proof that Mariner has no clue what's he doing and shitting on very players HE SIGNED. These players are Mariner guys not Winter. I highly doubt guys like O'Dea, Eck, Hassli, Hall, Manud etc... are Winter guys.

What pisses me off about Mariner the most is how he doesn't give academy kids the chance to play at all when TFC has nothing to play for and have failed to win games with their first team.

Ajax TFC
10-22-2012, 06:44 PM
I wonder who the eight backups are? I've bolded his preferred players in the starting XI:
Freddy Hall; Jeremy Hall, Richard Eckersley, Logan Emory (Adrian Cann 31’), Ashtone Morgan; Reggie Lambe, Terry Dunfield, Aaron Maund, Eric Avila; Luis Silva, Eric Hassli (Andrew Wiedeman 81’)
So that leaves four people as the "backups". Avila he clearly rates as backup quality despite him being the best of all the players on the pitch.
Of the bolded players I'll guess that his "backups" are:
Morgan - only plays him because he doesn't have another LB, but still dropped him for Emory a couple of times and Hall when he first took over
Lambe - hasn't been playing as much recently, but I have no idea if he's injured
Weideman - not sure if he's included in the 8 since he wasn't in for much of the game, but I think Mariner finally realizes that he's backup quality or less.
Emory - He's a backup on TFC, so it would only make sense that he would be a backup on another team

So from that I figure that the eight backup players that we had to play with are:
Freddy Hall
Morgan
Emory
Cann
Lambe
Maund
Avila
Weideman
Five of Mariner's "backups" (the ones bolded) were either directly signed by Mariner and/or publicly praised as great players by Mariner. Two of the players (underlined) are in fact starter quality but Mariner doesn't recognize that. That leaves one player that he might be right about that he himself didn't actually sign

Rochdale
10-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Jeremy Hall could very well be the worst player to wear a TFC jersey. Andrea Lombardo wasn't far off. Worst Canadian to wear a TFC jersey.