PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday,Oct.08

denime
10-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving,

TFC TV

(http://www.torontofc.ca/video)
The only crime is to be surprised (http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?3813-The-only-crime-is-to-be-surprised):thumbsup:

TFC Related Blogs !!

(http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?29582-TFC-MLS-blogs-thread)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)
(http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/09/missed-opportunities)

[NBF]
10-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Yep. The only thing I can say about the Ben Knight article is that it should be framed or laminated for posterity. They should redistribute this article in every newspaper in Toronto, because its not just an article about being a TFC fan but a fan of the Maple Leafs and Raptors as well.

Auzzy
10-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Thanks D!

The article "The only crime is to be surprised" is awesome; really required reading for everyone.

Couchy81
10-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Good article for sure, and I never comment on articles.

Redcoe15
10-08-2012, 12:02 PM
I hearts Ben.

Pigfynn
10-08-2012, 12:34 PM
From Ben's perfectly written article:

"Mariner’s job, when he took over, really wasn’t to make the playoffs. Even four quick wins only barely nudged them back into vague contention, and that didn’t last long. Mariner’s job was to get these guys playing together, and feeling like a team. It’s clearly evident now that he has totally failed to do this."

This is it. This is why he needs to go now.

Any coach worth a dime would have at least shown that he could improve this team. Mariner has dumbed us down and made us worse. Why should he be rewarded with more time?! Makes no sense.

Eastend
10-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Any coach worth a dime would have at least shown that he could improve this team. Mariner has dumbed us down and made us worse. Why should he be rewarded with more time?! Makes no sense.

Any coach, hell any man with any self respect and pride would step down.

Dom

TFC Cityboy
10-08-2012, 04:40 PM
best piece Ben has written since his epic report on the first Columbus invasion...talking of which, I saw their match highlights on Soccer Central, and never thought I'd be envious of Columbus's home support

Blizzard
10-08-2012, 04:40 PM

Dom

I think that is a very, very valid point.

narduch
10-08-2012, 05:51 PM

Dom

Mariner's career is on the line though. If he steps down, his resume will be his time at Plymouth and TFC, which is awful.

He needs a good showing next season if he wants to continue coaching. I doubt he succeeds though.

ag futbol
10-08-2012, 06:23 PM
^ We're stuck alright. Mariner for the reason you mentioned, Anselmi because turfing another coach looks bad on his record, and TFC because (as Ben Knight pointed out) nobody wants to touch this organization right now with a 10-foot pole.

backbeat
10-08-2012, 06:37 PM
^ We're stuck alright. Mariner for the reason you mentioned, Anselmi because turfing another coach looks bad on his record, and TFC because (as Ben Knight pointed out) nobody wants to touch this organization right now with a 10-foot pole.

i don't accept that. to me that is accepting a jail sentence. too bad if it hurts Mariner's career aspirations; Anselmi needs to rise about it if he is really CEO material at this juncture because it could really and truly kill TFC; as for nobody wanting to touch TFC with a 10 foot pole i call bullshit. standing pat and failing next year would push potential coaches further away. what will draw them is canning Mariner, bringing in a really well qualified soccer president, letting him pick his staff through his own credibility and moving forward.

denime
10-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Mariner's career is on the line though. If he steps down, his resume will be his time at Plymouth and TFC, which is awful.

He needs a good showing next season if he wants to continue coaching. I doubt he succeeds though.

Who gives a f&^C if Mariner carrier is on the line,TFC future is on the line too.His resume is awful because he is awful coach.

narduch
10-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Who gives a f&^C if Mariner carrier is on the line,TFC future is on the line too.His resume is awful because he is awful coach.

I agree that he sucks. I want him out too.

I'm just responding to the notion that he should step down on his own. I don't see it happening.

Canuckistan
10-08-2012, 11:30 PM
I agree that he sucks. I want him out too.

I'm just responding to the notion that he should step down on his own. I don't see it happening.

I do sit behind toronto's bench and can tell you and everybody else exactly what happenend and can get you the people that were threatened.

We were all laughing at the display in front of goal on Saturday. That shot attempt that looked like a bad pass and every other blunder became quite comical to us. We were all shouting and saying stuff like..."hay Mariner...that's the clinical finisher you were talkin'bout?!" We were razzing and laughing at each others jokes while all realizing that we are not renewing as a collective group and making fun of how bad MLSE is as a joke product.....this went on for the entire second half.

One person decided to say to Mariner..."hey Mariner...these results are just like the results you had with Plymouth Argyle eh? Can't win there, can't win here..."
Mariner did a 180 and walked over to us, looked at the guy who said it and told him he would settle things with him at the gate! This is 100% fact. We were all beside ourselves...

Mariner threatened the paying fans...if anyone on this planet thinks this is acceptable (and trust me MLSE does) than you have fallen a foot below a snakes belly. It's one thing to rip the fans off with a shitty product, lies and expensive everything, but its beyond crossing the line to threaten the people that pay the support...

MARINER HAS TO GO...NOW YOU ALL HAVE A LEGITIMATE REASON.

Auzzy
10-09-2012, 12:21 AM
I do sit behind toronto's bench and can tell you and everybody else exactly what happenend and can get you the people that were threatened.

John Molinaro (Sportsnet journalist) said he was looking into what happened. If you haven't already, you could get in touch with him. He may be interested to hear about it from someone who witnessed things directly. Easiest way to get in touch with him is probably Twitter: https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/