PDA

View Full Version : Town hall this year?

synkronized1
10-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Just wondering, under what circumstances would TFC hold a town hall? Is it every year? In the past has it been worthwhile/constructive? First year SSH and interested in attending if they have one. When my ticket rep called they didn't know if one was planned or not for this year. Thanks.

flamehawk
10-06-2012, 10:19 PM
I doubt they have the guts to face the ire of TFC supporters.

narduch
10-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I agree with Flamehawk. No way they have town halls this season.

The town halls were always a joke anyways. A way to show fans that they appeared to be changing things for the better, but always more of the same bs.

tfcleeds
10-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Agreed, no way they have town halls. And even if they did, I wouldn't go. I'm afraid of what I might do or say.

Cashcleaner
10-07-2012, 12:52 AM
I actually believe holding a townhall would be a rather brave gesture and sign of good faith by the front office to at least hear what the fans have to say about the current state of the team.

But since this is MLSE we're talking about, it's never gonna happen.

DoubleUp
10-07-2012, 01:56 AM
The time for dialogue has passed.:deadhorse:

Its pointless!. There's nothing left to say, except GTFO.:tfc::flare::scarf::drum::drum::scarf::flare: :tfc:

:seeya:

DOMIN8R
10-07-2012, 07:27 AM
I actually believe holding a townhall would be a rather brave gesture and sign of good faith by the front office to at least hear what the fans have to say about the current state of the team.

I agree.

tiberius
10-07-2012, 10:09 AM

A brave gesture for sure, but definitely foolhardy. Nobody is gonna buy what they are selling. Fool us once, shame on MLSE; Fool us twice, shame on us. Fans and supporters alike have been shamed by this whole front office - nobody will be deceived a third time.

They have lost all trust and credibility - there is not a hope in hell that the current regime will get the fans back in the stands - ever. This is not about winning a few games - this is about honesty, integrity and competence. Not "faked honesty", "faked integrity" or "faked competence". A brave gesture and sign of good faith would be for the whole FO to walk the plank!

Aaron Winter and Bob de Klerk had integrity - they could not change the FO circus - they were victims of it. The only part of this stinking fish that hasn't been changed ad nauseum is the Front Office and its structure.

Tommy Anselmi, for the love of Mike - do something right for a change!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/For-the-love-of-mike-1927.jpg/220px-For-the-love-of-mike-1927.jpg

jloome
10-07-2012, 10:32 AM
A brave gesture for sure, but definitely foolhardy. Nobody is gonna buy what they are selling. Fool us once, shame on MLSE; Fool us twice, shame on us. Fans and supporters alike have been shamed by this whole front office - nobody will be deceived a third time.

They have lost all trust and credibility - there is not a hope in hell that the current regime will get the fans back in the stands - ever. This is not about winning a few games - this is about honesty, integrity and competence. Not "faked honesty", "faked integrity" or "faked competence". A brave gesture and sign of good faith would be for the whole FO to walk the plank!

Aaron Winter and Bob de Klerk had integrity - they could not change the FO circus - they were victims of it. The only part of this stinking fish that hasn't been changed ad nauseum is the Front Office and its structure.

Tommy Anselmi, for the love of Mike - do something right for a change!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/For-the-love-of-mike-1927.jpg/220px-For-the-love-of-mike-1927.jpg

LOL, early Frank Capra film. You'll remember him for the later (and critically reviled at its time) "It's A Wonderful Life." Here's hoping you get to post that one someday.

tiberius
10-07-2012, 11:26 AM
LOL, early Frank Capra film. You'll remember him for the later (and critically reviled at its time) "It's A Wonderful Life." Here's hoping you get to post that one someday.

Ha Ha! As far as old films go - our current plot closely resembles the John Huston flick:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/12/Treasuremadre.jpg/220px-Treasuremadre.jpg
Cochrane stars as "Fred C. Dobbs"
Anselmi is the old codger "Howard"
Bierne is "Curtin"
Mariner is the new guy "Cody"

Guess which two guys don't make it back?

reggie
10-07-2012, 11:35 AM
if they have one...lets all where black shorts and a clown nose...

greatwhitenorf
10-13-2012, 11:59 AM
When was the last time Paul Beirne came on here to nibble toes and vicariously cuddle us adorable fans?

He tried to give me some sort of clumsy, one-armed hug once during a game at Real Sports and spilled a drink on my shoes.

Should have seen it as an omen.

Ultra & Proud
10-13-2012, 12:50 PM
In the past has it been worthwhile/constructive?

Chicken wings were good. That is all.

jabbronies
10-13-2012, 01:11 PM
When was the last time Paul Beirne came on here to nibble toes and vicariously cuddle us adorable fans?

He tried to give me some sort of clumsy, one-armed hug once during a game at Real Sports and spilled a drink on my shoes.

Should have seen it as an omen.

I doubt he had any inclination to come on here to chat anymore. Every time he posts something 50 people post back pretty harsh comments his way.
Funny, because during the town halls, not a single comment or question was posed to him in the same tone and manner that they are on this board.

Dave67
10-13-2012, 01:20 PM
I doubt he had any inclination to come on here to chat anymore. Every time he posts something 50 people post back pretty harsh comments his way.
Funny, because during the town halls, not a single comment or question was posed to him in the same tone and manner that they are on this board.

That's not exactly how I remember it. At the town hall we all went in as RPB's and most had agreed to let a certain pre selected group of people speak on behalf of the group. The flaming happened but more towards Tom. With Tom and Paul in the room Tom is always going to take more heat.

Blizzard
10-13-2012, 01:47 PM

That's the web though isn't it. How many of us would be as confrontational and rude if standing face to face as opposed to typing up our words on a keyboard?

Chevy
10-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I doubt they have the guts to face the ire of TFC supporters.

+1. They would have to be either ignorant or downright stupid to put those Town Halls on the calendar again.

Hmmmmmm...but then again....

Sally Mack
10-14-2012, 03:05 PM
At one of the town halls I asked him "so what happens if this new vision, and plan fails... who is responsible?".... he embarassingly said, "I guess I am?" (yet here we are, and he's still around). He also didn't have his usual sarcastic/playful arrogance about him he has on the forums/twitter. It's hard to get real mad at someone when they basically admit they've screwed up and feel genuinely sorry for putting us through this.

moralis
10-14-2012, 04:32 PM
I think this years town hall meetings will be very lively. We will have a lot to say.

P.S. Adults only

OgtheDim
10-14-2012, 05:17 PM
I think this years town hall meetings will be very lively. We will have a lot to say.

P.S. Adults only

Well that gets Mariner out of going....

Fort York Redcoat
10-14-2012, 10:27 PM

I seriously doubt I could look back and find you heaping glowing praise on Winter and De Klerk when they were 0-9 but I won't dwell on it.

What I will help you with is pointing out that the structure has changed twice in two seasons and thereby the FO. If you don't like the changes made I'd understand since they involve some unsuccessful, familiar faces but let's not pretend nothing has changed.

Canary10
11-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Wow, got my notice for the town halls for next week. They're brave. They're gonna get an earful.

ag futbol
11-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Wow, got my notice for the town halls for next week. They're brave. They're gonna get an earful.
I think their motto is "there's no bad dialogue with the customer, as long as he still sticks around to complain".

moralis
11-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Does anyone know if U-sector and Red Patch Boys will have their separate town hall meeting like last year?

Canary10
11-13-2012, 04:29 PM
I think their motto is "there's no bad dialogue with the customer, as long as he still sticks around to complain".

Ha. Luckily the renewal date is after. So they could get the walkers as well as the renewers. And I'm sure the walkers will tell them why they aren't renewing. I know I will.

TFC Cityboy
11-13-2012, 04:35 PM
shit - am away and will miss them. Bastards

brad
11-13-2012, 04:39 PM
These are usually just a form for people to vent on the staff to try and drum up renewals.

narduch
11-13-2012, 04:44 PM
I was kind of surprised that they are doing this.

As for people expecting management change, don't. The town hall will be Beirne, Cochrane, Mariner and Rongen.

The clowns will be back until they fail next spring/summer.

narduch
11-13-2012, 04:51 PM
I really don't know if this is a good idea. I hope there is security, because Mariner will probably try to fight some of the fans.

moralis
11-13-2012, 05:45 PM
If you read the e-mail carefully there's someone missing: You guessed it TOM ANSELMI

He was at last years town hall meetings

Auzzy
11-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Ugh, just ugh. Root canal would probably be way more enjoyable. I mean, I probably should go to a Town Hall. But based on the painful stuff I just got in a couple of emails from my ticket rep in the last two days, I don't know if I can handle it.

leafsman
11-13-2012, 06:01 PM
I have never been, any point to attending these things?

ensco
11-13-2012, 06:07 PM
I think it's possible that this is a sign that the early renewal response rate was not quite what they were hoping for.

I can't take the jawboning anymore. They can have some of my money after they start playing better.

v00d00daddy
11-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Seems a bit pointless to hold town halls now but who knows?

People who aren't renewing have no reason to go based on the end of season press conferences given by Cochrane and Mariner. They've already told us they're views on things.

People who have already renewed did so without hearing what the club as to say because a price cut and free shit is enough for them.

So that leaves those on the fence. I used to be on the fence because I held out hope that they might fire the idiots in charge now. Well....it doesn't look like that's happening.

So for those on the fence....what could these people possibly say to make you swing one way or the other?(if they haven't already said it)

Is there really anything that Mariner or Cochrane can say that would inspire confidence that next season will be okay?

I'll be interested just to see if there will actually be any hardball questions and not more drivel about beer prices and other inconsequential garbage.

bgnewf
11-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Tom Anselmi, the one man who needs to be there, is not going to be attending.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
11-13-2012, 07:21 PM
I'd gladly show up if they fire Mariner and Cochrane. ;)

I think not showing up is the best statement we can take. I cant think of anything good that has come out of these face Fu*king town hall events. They are obviously concerned about renewals as this would have been on the table last month.

Richard
11-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Best thing to do is just not show up.

Someone could also drop of a simple poster saying to fire the clowns and get a soccer prez.

Code Red
11-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Seems a bit pointless to hold town halls now but who knows?

People who aren't renewing have no reason to go based on the end of season press conferences given by Cochrane and Mariner. They've already told us they're views on things.

People who have already renewed did so without hearing what the club as to say because a price cut and free shit is enough for them.

So that leaves those on the fence. I used to be on the fence because I held out hope that they might fire the idiots in charge now. Well....it doesn't look like that's happening.

So for those on the fence....what could these people possibly say to make you swing one way or the other?(if they haven't already said it)

Is there really anything that Mariner or Cochrane can say that would inspire confidence that next season will be okay?

I'll be interested just to see if there will actually be any hardball questions and not more drivel about beer prices and other inconsequential garbage.

They will spew the same drivel that they used at the year end media event. They will use terms like "better" and "competitive" while scratching each others backs. These fools are just as accountable as Tom Anselmi himself and should receive the same treatment Anselmi would have had had he not cowardly removed himself from these meetings.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
11-13-2012, 07:40 PM
I'd like to see an official letter from the Prez of RPB stating talk is cheap action speaks louder than words and we look forward to a town hall with the new management team.

Phil
11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
I'd like to see an official letter from the Prez of RPB stating talk is cheap action speaks louder than words and we look forward to a town hall with the new management team.

I am going to ask if we get one or not.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
11-13-2012, 08:52 PM
I am going to ask if we get one or not.

Did you not get the invite to a town hall today?

Phil
11-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Did you not get the invite to a town hall today?

I got my seasons seat one, but not a group invite.

Either works really.

btw, I already sent that letter, lol

ElvistheEvilScotsman
11-13-2012, 10:16 PM
I got my seasons seat one, but not a group invite.

Either works really.

btw, I already sent that letter, lol

No worries. Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

I thought a letter speaking to why rpb is encouraging non participation at the town hall. Although I have serious doubts with reporting real news now we have Bellogers controlling the media about their asset.

narduch
11-14-2012, 07:52 AM
I just don't see the point of these.

They haven't lived up to any of the promises they made in the 2010 town halls. What has changed in 2 years that we should believe this time it will be different?

brad
11-14-2012, 08:22 AM
The only questions worth asking this time around is after 6 years of failure, and promises after nearly every season that next year will be different, next year will be better, why anyone should actually believe them this time? That's a question for Tom though, and he's not there.

narduch
11-14-2012, 08:26 AM
The only questions worth asking this time around is after 6 years of failure, and promises after nearly every season that next year will be different, next year will be better, why anyone should actually believe them this time? That's a question for Tom though, and he's not there.

While I agree with this, they will answer even the toughest questions with the same bs they spewed at the end of season press conferences.

The point of events like this is to have your angry fans vent a little, right before they renew anyways.

ensco
11-14-2012, 09:03 AM
That's a question for Tom though, and he's not there.

No, it's a question for the members of the Board, at this point.

spark
11-14-2012, 10:34 AM

I don't think we should be upset he's not there but more terrified that it might confirm someone else is now in charge of TFC, i.e. Earl.

spark
11-14-2012, 10:45 AM
At one of the town halls I asked him "so what happens if this new vision, and plan fails... who is responsible?".... he embarassingly said, "I guess I am?" (yet here we are, and he's still around). He also didn't have his usual sarcastic/playful arrogance about him he has on the forums/twitter. It's hard to get real mad at someone when they basically admit they've screwed up and feel genuinely sorry for putting us through this.

Ha I was at that townhall and remember that. I only needed to go to one to smell the BS to high heaven. In fact I was there with my landlord at the time and he is not a guy who I'd necessarily call articulate or astute, and at the end he said "I feel like I was just fed bullshit for the last two hours".

That was the same session too where PB pretty much admitted JDG was signed because "you guys wanted him". Wa-wa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Derko
11-14-2012, 02:58 PM
When I went to the Townhall last year I said I would support TFC and the vision and direction that Winter and DeKlerk had , so I will not attend this year's Townhall.

Red CB Toronto
11-14-2012, 06:32 PM

Tom's days of being the executive face of TFC are done. He has moved onto a big picture position where everything from arena management, hockey, real estate and financial returns are his concerns.

Pookie
11-14-2012, 06:42 PM
I just don't see the point of these.

They haven't lived up to any of the promises they made in the 2010 town halls. What has changed in 2 years that we should believe this time it will be different?

I agree. That said, if they didn't do them it would probably cause more of a stink than if they did do them. Can't imagine any earth shattering information that will come from them. That said, sent in my request to go and hope to get one of the Golden Tickets. Oh, the questions that are forming in my mind...

Stress
11-14-2012, 07:24 PM
I wonder if Tom got pissed off about all the emails he was getting from fans (see other thread) and called the other boys and told them to schedule a town hall ASAP so fans could vent there instead.

Fort York Redcoat
11-15-2012, 07:33 AM
While I agree with this, they will answer even the toughest questions with the same bs they spewed at the end of season press conferences.

The point of events like this is to have your angry fans vent a little, right before they renew anyways.

Incorrect. There are always some who attend to get in their parting salvo to feel better about themselves.

narduch
11-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Incorrect. There are always some who attend to get in their parting salvo to feel better about themselves.

Those are just the odd anomolies.

Generally if you care enough to show up to complain, chances are you are a good candidate to renew.

I've seen this in other areas as well.

brad
11-15-2012, 08:34 AM
When I went to the Townhall last year I said I would support TFC and the vision and direction that Winter and DeKlerk had , so I will not attend this year's Townhall.

Actually that would be a great question for them. Take the promotional book they sent us last year ask them what became of it....

brad
11-15-2012, 08:35 AM
I wonder if Tom got pissed off about all the emails he was getting from fans (see other thread) and called the other boys and told them to schedule a town hall ASAP so fans could vent there instead.

It's probably more to do with poor renewals. They need to put people out on the front line to take the heat and make the empty promises.

brad
11-15-2012, 08:36 AM

The best moment from these was the parting salvo of the guy that told uncle Tom he was not renewing thousands of dollars worth of tickets.

narduch
11-15-2012, 08:37 AM
It's probably more to do with poor renewals. They need to put people out on the front line to take the heat and make the empty promises.

Agreed. Did you also notice that they had the most pub crawls ever?

They are selling hard these days.

Fort York Redcoat
11-15-2012, 08:40 AM

This is not the first time you've mentioned that.

Do you believe that these "meet the players" nights could ever be the difference to sell people on renewing?

narduch
11-15-2012, 08:42 AM

Do you believe that these "meet the players" nights could ever be the difference to sell people on renewing?

Not really. But I do consider them good customer service and one of the few things this club gets right.

Never a bad idea to keep your current customers happy and engaged.

Phil
11-15-2012, 09:02 AM

I remember John Molinario going out with Anselmi in July or August and Tom had said the plan was townhalls. He didn't say he would be there though.

I know they are really trying to do a lot in this offseason so that is probably the reason for the lmited meetings.

brad
11-15-2012, 09:05 AM

And free Raptors tickets thrown in after apparently having the best early renewals possible.

Auzzy
11-15-2012, 09:46 AM

Why the condescension? "Feel better about themselves" -- really???? Maybe some folks care about the team, don't think it's a good time to renew season tickets now, but will continue to follow the club via single tickets or whatever. But before dropping or taking a break from season tickets, want to let management know what is going wrong, & how they & other supporters can be won back.

Even the "incorrect" is kinda dripping with it. Of course part of the point of Town Halls is to let SSH'ers vent even if they have already renewed, or will still renew regardless.

Some folks will even be going in hopes of getting some info which helps them to make up their mind about renewing. Who knows, maybe management will have some useful new information which adds a hint of positivity, a couple of days before final renewal deadline. I wouldn't bet my life on it personally; but if they have a clue they will realize they can't just re-serve the lukewarm tripe dished up at the year-end presser & in emails and phone calls from ticket reps.

Technorgasm
11-15-2012, 09:57 AM
I have the day off. .. and I forgot to respond. .

someone go on an angry rant for me Mmmkay?

"This Survey has been deactivated by the owner."

Fort York Redcoat
11-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Why the condescension? "Feel better about themselves" -- really???? Maybe some folks care about the team, don't think it's a good time to renew season tickets now, but will continue to follow the club via single tickets or whatever. But before dropping or taking a break from season tickets, want to let management know what is going wrong, & how they & other supporters can be won back.

Even the "incorrect" is kinda dripping with it. Of course part of the point of Town Halls is to let SSH'ers vent even if they have already renewed, or will still renew regardless.

Some folks will even be going in hopes of getting some info which helps them to make up their mind about renewing. Who knows, maybe management will have some useful new information which adds a hint of positivity, a couple of days before final renewal deadline. I wouldn't bet my life on it personally; but if they have a clue they will realize they can't just re-serve the lukewarm tripe dished up at the year-end presser & in emails and phone calls from ticket reps.

If you reference what I was responding to it adds insight to the brusqueness of my response.

You're post above says what I wanted to get across much better. That there is more to this Town Hall than consolation after everyone present renews.

brad
11-15-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm curious - when people get notification that they have been confirmed/denied for attendance, could you post here along with whether or not you had renewed at that time? I'm curious if they are targeting one demo or the other.

cmonyoureds
11-15-2012, 11:37 AM

Nope, not at all.
That's why politicians and the like never, ever show up to events to shake hands and kiss babies.
That's why nobody ever likes to conduct business face to face.
That's why they'd never, ever consider using the face/image of a player to sell tickets.
Sports is definitley not about a battle for hearts and minds, and making it personal is not the way to ever build(sell) things.

In fact, these are just feel good, no strings attached, just because we love you guys, no ulterior motive events.

Come on man....really? (unless you were being sarcastic and I completely missed it)

Fort York Redcoat
11-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Nope, not at all.
That's why politicians and the like never, ever show up to events to shake hands and kiss babies.
That's why nobody ever likes to conduct business face to face.
That's why they'd never, ever consider using the face/image of a player to sell tickets.
Sports is definitley not about a battle for hearts and minds, and making it personal is not the way to ever build(sell) things.

In fact, these are just feel good, no strings attached, just because we love you guys, no ulterior motive events.

Come on man....really? (unless you were being sarcastic and I completely missed it)

You didn't miss sarcasm. You may have overused it in your own post, though.

I'll refine my opinion if you promise to try and respond without it.

I do not think that the pubcrawls sell many people on renewing. Especially this year. The few people that have attended already were going to renew and this opportunity did not sway them into renewal.

Do you disagree?

cmonyoureds
11-15-2012, 01:03 PM
You didn't miss sarcasm. You may have overused it in your own post, though.

I'll refine my opinion if you promise to try and respond without it.

I do not think that the pubcrawls sell many people on renewing. Especially this year. The few people that have attended already were going to renew and this opportunity did not sway them into renewal.

Do you disagree?

Fair enough, I'll see your request for no sarcasm and raise you for a promise to to not respond with condescending requests for promises.

(although for full disclosure, my sarcastic response to your "why isn't my free stuff better" comment in another thread pre-dates this promise, and said promise is only valid for this particular discussion only :drinking:)

I do think you have completely missed and/or discounted the intention the front office had in creating the pub crawls, even in a year such as this.
I disagree with the idea that the pubcrawls don't sell people on tickets given that I firmly believe they are nothing but an advertising event.

Fort York Redcoat
11-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Fair enough, I'll see your request for no sarcasm and raise you for a promise to to not respond with condescending requests for promises.

(although for full disclosure, my sarcastic response to your "why isn't my free stuff better" comment in another thread pre-dates this promise, and said promise is only valid for this particular discussion only :drinking:)

I do think you have completely missed and/or discounted the intention the front office had in creating the pub crawls, even in a year such as this.
I disagree with the idea that the pubcrawls don't sell people on tickets given that I firmly believe they are nothing but an advertising event.

My request for a genuine discussion, while outrageous, was intended to get a personal opinion. Not to condescend.

I wasn't asking about intentions. I think the person I initially directed the question to realizes that.

I agree with you that the intention of these pubcrawls is goodwill advertising. I maintain that they aren't the make or break for people to renew or not.

Canary10
11-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Just got my confirmation for Monday at 6. I haven't renewed yet.

brad
11-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Got mine for Wendesday - haven't renewed either.

YYZ_Fan
11-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Wednesday- 7:45. Haven't renewed.

Red CB Toronto
11-15-2012, 10:18 PM
I got my confirmation for 6 pm on Monday and I have renewed, so not sure if there is anything to your account status playing a part, I am sure they want some balance and not a complete shit storm.

shimsha2005
11-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Can we all settle to go at the same time slot?

All redpatchboys at one time rather than having us dispersed throughout the four timeslots. Perhaps we can get U-Sector and NEE at the same time slots.

May I suggest Wednesday November 21st, 2012 from 7:45 to 8:45 slot. That gives us extra time if needed afterwards and we can get feedback from ppl who go to the first to day timeslots so we can have an idea of what to expect.

And somehow ask that Tom take the tail out from between his legs and comes to this timeslot as well. We came in last place by a margin. Lost so bad this season and I'm upset and I want good ranting when I go to this. I attended the two prioe townhalls both with and without redpatchboys. The best rants were w the redpatchboys together.

What do you guys think? All together on a particular timeslot.

Yagbod
11-15-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty sure all but early Wednesday are booked up. Also i think Phil is working on a supporters only meeting,

Phil
11-16-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm pretty sure all but early Wednesday are booked up. Also i think Phil is working on a supporters only meeting,

Yup. It won't happen next week though as the timeline for management being back is too tight. There is no way to co-ordinate every group into seperate meetings, at this point I think they are all filled.

I am in the 2nd session on Monday night and have renewed. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Auzzy
11-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Wow, I just realized tonight were the first two TFC town halls. It's extremely quiet here on the boards. I wonder if anyone was there & will report. I'm seeing a bit on Twitter, but not much really.

Pookie
11-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Wow, I just realized tonight were the first two TFC town halls. It's extremely quiet here on the boards. I wonder if anyone was there & will report. I'm seeing a bit on Twitter, but not much really.

Ask and ye shall receive.

I was at the first one at 6pm. Duncan was at the later one. My update is live now with his to follow (at a time that is convenient)

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/11/19/3669294/tfc-town-hall-1-a-personal-timeline

Auzzy
11-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Ask and ye shall receive.

I was at the first one at 6pm. Duncan was at the later one. My update is live now with his to follow (at a time that is convenient)

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/11/19/3669294/tfc-town-hall-1-a-personal-timeline

Thanks for the article! I saw that linked from Twitter after my previous post and already read it. Looking forward to the next one as well!

Duncan already mentioned that he found Mariner to be "aggressive, hostile, arrogant, defensive, and dismissive" in the 2nd town hall. Did you see any of that in your session? I didn't get that sense from your blog post.

This is one of the issues that concerns me as I try to decide about renewing or not. The guy has achieved very little in his time here. We've put up with 6 years of crap. He's being an ass towards fans in a Town Hall? That tells me the guy is likely a) clueless b) not self-reflective, therefore little chance of improvement c) likely an asshole towards players if there's any kind of disagreement (especially if they're not one of those in his good books); not the best way to attract new talent or motivate guys already here d) likely also problematic towards other staff; etc. etc.

Pookie
11-19-2012, 11:29 PM
I didn't get a sense of hostility in the first one. I was however surprised at how candid he was about specific players in a public forum. He prefers Frei. Doesn't rate Plata. Not sure how much time Henry will get next year. Would never have wanted to play Silva as much as he did. Etc.

He never did explain why he felt he HAD to go with the same line up everyday rather than let others play.

There were a few here that attended it so may wade in over time with their view on his demeanor.