PDA

View Full Version : Are you proud of the crest?

craz11
10-03-2012, 03:48 PM
If yes, what do you find pride in?

MG42
10-03-2012, 03:53 PM
http://www.spectator-summit.com/sites/all/themes/UKSS/images/PaulBeirne.jpg
Senior Director of Business Operations, Toronto FC
Paul joined Toronto FC from parent company, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, with 17 years of experience in the sports and entertainment industry. He has a passion for sports and is recognized as a leader in the entertainment industry in ticketing, customer service, and the use of technology.
Paul began his career in live theatre working with industry leaders such as Live Entertainment and Mirvish Productions. He held a variety of positions in the ticketing, merchandising and group sales areas before participating in the start-up of Encore Tickets. Paul managed the ticketing for the World Championship of Basketball in 1994 prior to joining the NBA expansion Toronto Raptors.
With Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, Paul has held a variety of progressively challenging management positions for the NHL Toronto Maple Leafs and the NBA Toronto Raptors.
Paul is a big believer in grassroots marketing and over the last five years he has taken it to a new level with Toronto FC. As a result of many initiatives in the build up to Toronto FC’s record breaking launch in 2007, Paul was honoured by Major League Soccer, winning the prestigious “Doug Hamilton Executive of the Year” award at the conclusion of the team’s opening season. In the seasons following the launch Toronto FC has been singled out in a number of publications; something for which Paul is immensely proud:
Sports Business Journal nomination - 2008 Team of the Year
Marketing Magazine – Toronto FC - Top 10 Marketers in Canada
Strategy Magazine – Toronto FC 2009 Brand of the Year
As professional soccer continues to grow in popularity Toronto FC has ensured that the world of club football is presented in a quality way at BMO Field to Toronto fans. Paul has booked, promoted and sold out International Friendly Matches against Aston Villa, Bolton Wanderers, Benfica, Indepentiente, River Plate and Pachuca . The pinnacle for TFC fans was in August 2009, when TFC hosted Real Madrid in Canada’s highest grossing soccer game.
Under Paul’s stewardship Toronto FC has invested in a number of initiatives aimed at improving the landscape for professional soccer: the installation of a world-class heated grass pitch at BMO Field, the addition of 1700 seats to BMO Field, and most importantly, the creation of Toronto FC Academy.

Joe Kool
10-03-2012, 03:53 PM
I am proud that it is my team. I am proud of the city of Toronto and the fans and support here. Am I happy with the way things are right now? No, but I can't say I am not proud of the crest. I still wear my TFC colours around town with some pride.

narduch
10-03-2012, 03:56 PM
If yes, what do you find pride in?

Are you an MLSE mole?

There have been some rumours of a new badge for next season, and now this thread pops up.

Yagbod
10-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I am proud of the badge. Why? Because it kicks ass. It is a great design.

The players who wear it and the people who run the show? Not so much.

But it is my badge and I still wear it around town with pride.

nfitz
10-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Are you an MLSE mole?I haven't seen him at the meetings.

There have been some rumours of a new badge for next season, and now this thread pops up.I thought the team had debunked the rumour of this new badge becoming the primary one back in August - http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/8/29/3277111/toronto-fc-register-new-logo

narduch
10-03-2012, 04:28 PM
I haven't seen him at the meetings.

I thought the team had debunked the rumour of this new badge becoming the primary one back in August - http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/8/29/3277111/toronto-fc-register-new-logo

LOL

Seriously though, I don't trust anything this club says.

Eastend
10-03-2012, 04:38 PM
I am proud that it is my team. I am proud of the city of Toronto and the fans and support here. Am I happy with the way things are right now? No, but I can't say I am not proud of the crest. I still wear my TFC colours around town with some pride.

This.

Plus my TFC hoodie is sooooo comfy.

Dom

ensco
10-03-2012, 07:11 PM
^In defense of nfitz ... let's not run this guy off. I really don't care who he actually is (ie whether he is someone from MLSE, or knows someone from MLSE). So what if he is? He still has to win the battle of ideas, same as the rest of us. He's not good at doing the attendance estimates imho, but I occasionally agree with him, in fact he has said some very smart things. If he's a troll, he's damn good at it. He livens up the place up, god knows we all need a laugh.

Live and let live.

(not directed at narduch, I know he gets this)

jloome
10-03-2012, 07:14 PM
^In defense of nfitz ... let's not run this guy off. I really don't care who he actually is (ie whether he is someone from MLSE, or knows someone from MLSE). So what if he is? He still has to win the battle of ideas, same as the rest of us. He's not good at doing the attendance estimates imho, but I occasionally agree with him, in fact he has said some very smart things. If he's a troll, he's damn good at it. He livens up the place up, god knows we all need a laugh.

Live and let live.

(not directed at narduch, I know he gets this)

People always have the option to block; I exercise it judiciously.

ensco
10-03-2012, 07:21 PM
People always have the option to block; I exercise it judiciously.

I only used it once - mightytfc2008 (or whatever his name was, longtimers know who I mean). That guy ruined things around here, for me.

If you are halfway articulate, I won't ignore you, no matter how out there you are.

TOBOR !
10-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Proud of the badge? Not sure I understand the question. Proud of the design? Proud of the club it represents? Proud of the city?

TFC07
10-03-2012, 07:55 PM
No, I find our crest to be ugly. I prefer TFC academy crest over current crest.

Macksam
10-03-2012, 08:16 PM
No, I find our crest to be ugly. I prefer TFC academy crest over current crest.

I find the design rather boring, which is why I don't like it too much. I think that plus the fact the crest has been associated with a shit team for 6 seasons and counting makes me think a re-design/re-branding is in order.

Yeoman
10-03-2012, 08:48 PM
don't ever see the cubbies rebranding do you?
i have a pride in this badge that is truly unexplainable. it's about the only thing that MLSE has done right in my eyes. correction, only thing

Alonso
10-03-2012, 08:58 PM
I find pride in the following:

accomplishment
humility (oxymoron/hypocritical,... I know.)
leadership
respect of others
respecting others
loyalty
determination
perseverance
social responsibility

Since the badge represents TFC and it's actions, I find little in common with the "badge" and most of these qualities.

nonc
10-03-2012, 09:05 PM
don't ever see the cubbies rebranding do you?

it's ridiculous to equate a timeless cubs logo over a hundred years old to TFCs crest, just because of losing.

the crest was always too monochromatic, slightly cluttered and confused. already looks dated. if it's re-branded a la the new academy one i'd consider that a worthwhile upgrade.

jazzy
10-03-2012, 09:05 PM
we should never change the badge,....it's basic and strong , something to live up to, lol.....a new badge just weakens our fragile history even more......we NEED a grounding. oh ya and new FO......nooooo thread hijack....so sorry

Shakes McQueen
10-03-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't even understand the question. Proud of a logo?

I want our players to take pride in what the crest on their shirt represents - our city, our fans - by playing hard, training hard, respecting the people in the stands, and doing everything they can to bring victory. The crest is just a logo, drawn up less than a decade ago by some guy in front of a computer. It is given any context of emotional pride and meaning by the deeds comitted in it's name. With the exception of a couple of iconic moments, there has been little pride instilled in that crest by the team, or it's Pez dispenser of players.

Which isn't to say I dislike the crest - I think it's a simple, elegant design, and I like the colours. But they've certainly done nothing to instill any inherent sense of pride in it so far.

- Scott

DoubleUp
10-03-2012, 10:43 PM
What it represents, but certainly not MLSE!

To me this team belongs to the city of Toronto and its people/fans not any two-bit corporate entity.:scarf::tfc:

ag futbol
10-03-2012, 10:48 PM
it's ridiculous to equate a timeless cubs logo over a hundred years old to TFCs crest, just because of losing.

the crest was always too monochromatic, slightly cluttered and confused. already looks dated. if it's re-branded a la the new academy one i'd consider that a worthwhile upgrade.
I agree with you here.

The company doing the crests for MLS when TFC joined the league wasn't exactly hitting home runs. It's not the three construction workers that were on the Crew badge but it isn't a masterpiece either.

Belfast_Boy
10-04-2012, 07:52 AM
at times yes. unforturnately its now covered in years of shit.

__wowza
10-04-2012, 07:53 AM
i like the crest, i try to enjoy watching the team behind it, but as of now it's been associated with medocrity. we have teams posting in their own forums saying things like "we have to get a win against TFC, a tie would be unacceptable!".

how can you be proud of a symbol that the rest of the league views as a guarenteed 3 points?

Oldtimer
10-04-2012, 07:55 AM
I have just one comment:

If ML$E tries to shove a new crest down out throats to make us buy new stuff, they have another thing coming.

narduch
10-04-2012, 08:38 AM
I have just one comment:

If ML$E tries to shove a new crest down out throats to make us buy new stuff, they have another thing coming.

They did it with the Raptor's in the past, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Mind you I hated the original Raptor branding.

What if they re-branded as the Blizzard?

cmonyoureds
10-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Does a new crest come with a new front office, new ownership, new management and new players? Then maybe we'll talk.

Proud of the crest? Maybe that's something best directed to the people running this show, they have ownership of said crest.

bigredone
10-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Proud of the crest? No. I am a football fan and have not seen very much of it in half a decade. This crest represents that to me. A new crest would not heal those wounds, a new franchise with owners might. A simple re-branding with no other changes will be taken as an insult by many fans.

To argue both sides, when we do win it is fun to wave the crest in the other teams faces, but only because it is an extreme embarrassment to them.

Jack
10-04-2012, 09:36 AM
The pinnacle for TFC fans was in August 2009, when TFC hosted Real Madrid in Canada’s highest grossing soccer game.

This pretty much sums things up at TFC. The "pinnacle" for TFC fans was hosting a friendly which made the most money. For TFC fans. I guess that it's cool that our team played in the highest grossing soccer game in Canada, but fuck me, we can't buy a win with all that money.

Whoever wrote that bio really has no connection to support. Paul...hopefully you read this and change that. It's insulting.

narduch
10-04-2012, 09:40 AM
This pretty much sums things up at TFC. The "pinnacle" for TFC fans was hosting a friendly which made the most money. For TFC fans. I guess that it's cool that our team playing in the highest grossing soccer game in Canada, but fuck me, we can't buy a win with all that money.

Whoever wrote that bio really has no connection to support. Paul...hopefully you read this and change that. It's insulting.

Wow, never read his bio before. That really is insulting to TFC fans, but fully explains what is of value to MLSE.

I like the part about how he is proud to have expanded BMO Field by 1700 seats, seats that became almost immediately redundant the day they were put in. The team has had about 1 sell out since the north end was expanded.

TFC_Allez
10-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I won't take pride in the badge until the players and management do. ML$E has shat all over the crest since day one.

Belfast_Boy
10-04-2012, 10:23 AM
This pretty much sums things up at TFC. The "pinnacle" for TFC fans was hosting a friendly which made the most money. For TFC fans. I guess that it's cool that our team played in the highest grossing soccer game in Canada, but fuck me, we can't buy a win with all that money.

Pow right in the kisser! Well said!

cmonyoureds
10-04-2012, 11:43 AM
As professional soccer continues to grow in popularity Toronto FC has ensured that the world of club football is presented in a quality way at BMO Field to Toronto fans.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ummmm Paul, been to BMO lately?

Here, I'll fix it for you:

As hoofball and losing continues to kill popularity, Toronto FC has ensured that the world of club football is presented in a profitable way at BMO Field to Toronto fans.

Cashcleaner
10-04-2012, 12:58 PM
I don't think I fully understand the question to be honest. Am I proud of the crest? Well, I guess I like the design. I don't love it, but I've seen much worse. The colours are good and work well together, though. I've never really cared much for wearing red until TFC came around and I think our threads are actually pretty stylish. But all that is different from most concepts of "pride".

Now, if you're asking if I'm proud to disaplay my allegiance to TFC, that's a whole new kettle of fish.

Derko
10-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Proud of having a football team to cheer for and support. I don't agree with what management has done to us over the years, and the fact that TFC are owned by ML$E.

james
10-04-2012, 04:49 PM
http://www.spectator-summit.com/sites/all/themes/UKSS/images/PaulBeirne.jpg
Senior Director of Business Operations, Toronto FC
Paul joined Toronto FC from parent company, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, with 17 years of experience in the sports and entertainment industry. He has a passion for sports and is recognized as a leader in the entertainment industry in ticketing, customer service, and the use of technology.
Paul began his career in live theatre working with industry leaders such as Live Entertainment and Mirvish Productions. He held a variety of positions in the ticketing, merchandising and group sales areas before participating in the start-up of Encore Tickets. Paul managed the ticketing for the World Championship of Basketball in 1994 prior to joining the NBA expansion Toronto Raptors.
With Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, Paul has held a variety of progressively challenging management positions for the NHL Toronto Maple Leafs and the NBA Toronto Raptors.
Paul is a big believer in grassroots marketing and over the last five years he has taken it to a new level with Toronto FC. As a result of many initiatives in the build up to Toronto FC’s record breaking launch in 2007, Paul was honoured by Major League Soccer, winning the prestigious “Doug Hamilton Executive of the Year” award at the conclusion of the team’s opening season. In the seasons following the launch Toronto FC has been singled out in a number of publications; something for which Paul is immensely proud:
Sports Business Journal nomination - 2008 Team of the Year
Marketing Magazine – Toronto FC - Top 10 Marketers in Canada
Strategy Magazine – Toronto FC 2009 Brand of the Year
As professional soccer continues to grow in popularity Toronto FC has ensured that the world of club football is presented in a quality way at BMO Field to Toronto fans. Paul has booked, promoted and sold out International Friendly Matches against Aston Villa, Bolton Wanderers, Benfica, Indepentiente, River Plate and Pachuca . The pinnacle for TFC fans was in August 2009, when TFC hosted Real Madrid in Canada’s highest grossing soccer game.
Under Paul’s stewardship Toronto FC has invested in a number of initiatives aimed at improving the landscape for professional soccer: the installation of a world-class heated grass pitch at BMO Field, the addition of 1700 seats to BMO Field, and most importantly, the creation of Toronto FC Academy.

wow he got way to much credit for this club. The academy is a great job by him. The grass heatting was needed and its great that we now have it, and the scarf with our tickets back in 2007 was a nice touch. But there is so many mistakes that they prase him for as a success which are really the reason the stadium is half empty today.

1,700 extra seats...they were a good idea if they were priced right but they made a big miske as tickets were over priced and have never been full, even when we were filling the rest of the stadium the over priced North End was half empty. They should of priced it close to the South End prices.

Getting friendlies against teams like Aston Villa, Bolton Wanderers, Benfica, Indepentiente, River Plate and Pachuca tho respective teams they were not at the same skill level as some other MLS temas were playing friendlies against from Europe at the same time. Also i believe these friendlies were part of our season package, having 16,000 season ticket holders these games only had to actually sell a few thousand tickets. Other season ticekt holders who didn't even want the friendlies had to pay for it if they wanted season tickets.

Most money earned vs Real madrid...well many season ticket holders feel ripped off, prices were $125 and up and couldn't afford the game while other teams in MLS were playing clubs like Chelsea where prices were much,much much cheaper then the Real Madrid game was priced at. It made season ticket holders and supports the ones who fill the stadium even when you play last place MLS teams or teams from Central America that no one has herd of feel unapreciated.

Record breaking launch had a lot to do with the supporters group and atmosphere which TFC marketing had nothing to do with. Then TFC marketing jumped on the band wagon and tryed to sell it. Then few later these supporters that they sold tickets by claiming great atmosphere they have chased away by creating strict rules, and high prices while offerring nothing on the field performcae. All they had to do was work with they supporters, not against them. TFC had it all lined up for them and they just went and messed it all up. Atmosphere today at BMO field is dead.

Parkdale
10-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I only used it once - mightytfc2008 (or whatever his name was, longtimers know who I mean).

oh man... that guy was the best.

and by best I mean 'best example of using the ignore function to improve your day'

Redcoe15
10-04-2012, 06:47 PM
I thought about ignoring him. But the bullshit he was spewing was entertaining in an OMG/WTF kind of way.

trane
10-05-2012, 02:52 PM
at times yes. unforturnately its now covered in years of shit.

I am there with you, I am to a point, I am because it is the name of my city, and because I remember what it could have been, has been for very very brief and few bits, and still hope will be one day, but the crest has falled into a shit pile called MLSE.

trane
10-05-2012, 02:53 PM
All we are saying is please sell the club.

Belfast_Boy
10-05-2012, 03:09 PM
I am there with you, I am to a point, I am because it is the name of my city, and because I remember what it could have been, has been for very very brief and few bits, and still hope will be one day, but the crest has falled into a shit pile called MLSE.

as soon as I heard MLSE would own it I knew we were screwed. I'd prefer a small owner that gave a shit than these guys.

ryan
10-05-2012, 04:06 PM

Yep.

I'd rather a poorer owner who does what he can, runs a professional club with a proper philosophy from top to bottom.

I know many here didn't like Winter because of various things, but you'd have to be crazy to hate the level of professionalism he brought to this team. His demeanor on the sidelines, the suits, pushing for the players in the locker room (regarding media), sticking to a plan.

That has to be appreciated, and for me, sorely...SORELY missed.

trane
10-05-2012, 04:20 PM
^ Agreed, as to ownership.

I was critical of winter, simply because of lack of results, but he had many positive attributes, and overall play improved under him. As I keep on saying him as much as firing him due to the record had to be done, Mariner was just about the last person I would have hired, for at least no other reason that he was clearly part of the problem.

tiberius
10-07-2012, 12:11 PM
we should never change the badge,....it's basic and strong , something to live up to, lol.....a new badge just weakens our fragile history even more......we NEED a grounding. oh ya and ....

New badge? You have to be kidding?? Only MLSE could dream this up! As if the badge has anything to do with the total incompetence of the last six years, or what is required to fix it. In the end, 20-30 years down the road, we want a storied club - fiddling with the badge and branding is such a piss poor idea. Stupid idea by marketing mavens to try to generate money. Jazzy is 100% correct - changing the crest weakens the brand - just like their stoooopid white scarf did. Changing the branding will only weaken the ties that long term fans have had with this club. Of course the front office has disrespected the fans and supporters 100 times over already, so what is one more giant screw up?

What Paul B's marketing group wants to know is: Should we change the crest or not? Why not just poll it directly, rather than this awkwardly worded poll that can be interpretted several different ways? If we don't spell it out in plain English to them, there is no hope of them ever making a good decision...

tiberius
10-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Yep.

I'd rather a poorer owner who does what he can, runs a professional club with a proper philosophy from top to bottom.

I know many here didn't like Winter because of various things, but you'd have to be crazy to hate the level of professionalism he brought to this team. His demeanor on the sidelines, the suits, pushing for the players in the locker room (regarding media), sticking to a plan.

That has to be appreciated, and for me, sorely...SORELY missed.

Agreed! They paved paradise and put up a parking lot! (well maybe it wasn't paradise:o)

Gazza
10-08-2012, 04:42 PM
As Mr. Lahey would say, it's a shit crest, crested with shit.

Blizzard
10-08-2012, 05:12 PM
I only used it once - mightytfc2008 (or whatever his name was, longtimers know who I mean). That guy ruined things around here, for me.

If you are halfway articulate, I won't ignore you, no matter how out there you are.

Hey, just pop down to the front row of 114 if you want to have a chat with him. ;)

tfcleeds
10-09-2012, 09:23 AM
As Mr. Lahey would say, it's a shit crest, crested with shit.ABC (Anselmi, Beirne, and Cochrane) are all hunkered down in their shit bunker while the winds of shit are swirling around BMO Field.

Fort York Redcoat
10-09-2012, 10:37 AM

Didn't they just change owners?

Oldtimer
10-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Didn't they just change owners?

Exactly. Changing owners doesn't necessarily get rid of the ridiculous decision-makers.

Belfast_Boy
10-09-2012, 10:56 AM
I think what Carlo is saying is to have it sold from MLSE.

Fort York Redcoat
10-09-2012, 11:06 AM
To whom exactly?

Belfast_Boy
10-09-2012, 11:30 AM
at this point it wouldn't matter. I'd be happy with a small owner that tried instead of MLSE that obvously doesn't care at all.

Fort York Redcoat
10-09-2012, 12:11 PM
riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Not exactly spoilt for choice in that regard, though...

narduch
10-09-2012, 12:14 PM
I have a feeling Bell/Rogers may be even worse than the OTPP. Rogers are a very conservative owner based on the way they run the Jays. We could see more of that at TFC now.

Fort York Redcoat
10-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Worried again, narduch?

Bell has owned the Canadiens and they have had the very kind of fans that have been piping up here for change so does that put a percentage of you at ease?

narduch
10-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Worried again, narduch?

Bell has owned the Canadiens and they have had the very kind of fans that have been piping up here for change so does that put a percentage of you at ease?

Bell never controlled the Canadiens.

I've seen nothing in the way this team is run to be positive about the situation. When they start to make real meaningful moves I will change my outlook.

Right now TFC's situation is dire.

Belfast_Boy
10-09-2012, 01:29 PM
riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Not exactly spoilt for choice in that regard, though...

the problem is MLSE's involvement. They have proved incompetent or uninterested in being competitive. This is particularly sad because they have the resources to hire the best and the brightest in their respective fields. instead they blunder along and make bad choice after bad choice.
having MLSE incharge of this team is like having Rob Ford as mayor.

Fort York Redcoat
10-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Bell never controlled the Canadiens.

I've seen nothing in the way this team is run to be positive about the situation. When they start to make real meaningful moves I will change my outlook.

Right now TFC's situation is dire.

first hit on google search

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2011/12/09/sp-nhl-canadiens-bell.html

Fort York Redcoat
10-09-2012, 01:36 PM
the problem is MLSE's involvement. They have proved incompetent or uninterested in being competitive. This is particularly sad because they have the resources to hire the best and the brightest in their respective fields. instead they blunder along and make bad choice after bad choice.
having MLSE incharge of this team is like having Rob Ford as mayor.

Yeah but it doesn't solve the question of who would buy out MLSE other than Bell/Rogers? Who?

narduch
10-09-2012, 01:38 PM
first hit on google search

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2011/12/09/sp-nhl-canadiens-bell.html

:facepalm:

They are part owners. The club was majority owned by others, they were the important decision makers.

For MLSE, its esentially a Bell/Rogers partnership. Its a big difference.

Belfast_Boy
10-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Yeah but it doesn't solve the question of who would buy out MLSE other than Bell/Rogers? Who?

all the more reason to make sure MLSE knows that their stewardship of this franchise is sadly lacking. if TFC are not bought do we simply wait for 10, 15 25, 45 years for them to stumble upon a winning formula? it's not working for the Leafs.

Fort York Redcoat
10-09-2012, 01:42 PM
:facepalm:

They are part owners. The club was majority owned by others, they were the important decision makers.

For MLSE, its esentially a Bell/Rogers partnership. Its a big difference.

So you don't think having Bell on the board makes any difference. Ok. Keep waiting on Roman Abramavich to fall from a maple tree...

narduch
10-09-2012, 01:43 PM
So you don't think having Bell on the board makes any difference. Ok. Keep waiting on Roman Abramavich to fall from a maple tree...

I actually thought it might make a difference. I was very hopefull for that.

Until Anselmi was promoted.

Now I know it will just be more of the same bullshit, at least for the near future.

Fort York Redcoat
10-09-2012, 01:45 PM
I actually thought it might make a difference. I was very hopefull for that.

Until Anselmi was promoted.

Now I know it will just be more of the same bullshit, at least for the near future.

His promotion takes him further away from making decisions and one of a number that simply approves decisions. Is it good enough? No. Is it better for us right now? Yes.

narduch
10-09-2012, 01:49 PM
His promotion takes him further away from making decisions and one of a number that simply approves decisions.

This is speculation.

I think its more of the same.

Besides, it appears they gave Earl Cochrane more power, which is not good.

Belfast_Boy
10-09-2012, 01:51 PM
His promotion takes him further away from making decisions and one of a number that simply approves decisions. Is it good enough? No. Is it better for us right now? Yes.

that's right it's not good enough. that's why as supporters we have to pressure them into making the right moves.

Fort York Redcoat
10-09-2012, 01:57 PM
This is speculation.

I think its more of the same.

Besides, it appears they gave Earl Cochrane more power, which is not good.

Haha... said the pot to the kettle. You aren't sourcing any of your feelings of worry. Trust me or don't but you just changed the subject.

Earl is unproven and hasn't had a chance at the helm. Most of what he's been responsible for is speculation. Which way did you want to take this?

narduch
10-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Haha... said the pot to the kettle. You aren't sourcing any of your feelings of worry. Trust me or don't but you just changed the subject.

Earl is unproven and hasn't had a chance at the helm. Most of what he's been responsible for is speculation. Which way did you want to take this?

LOL.

You are a joke sometimes.

Not sure what you are defending here. But more power to you.

Pretty hard to defend this front office. But that's cool for you that you would want to.

Fort York Redcoat
10-09-2012, 02:02 PM
LOL.

You are a joke sometimes.

Not sure what you are defending here. But more power to you.

Clearly.

Anyway this crest pride issue never had anything to do with your little faith in how much change has occurred in management this year. BTW if you'd like me to explain it further I'd gladly take it to PM's

narduch
10-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Sure if you want.

I don't have any faith in the management of this team. Don't see why anyone in their right mind would.

tfcleeds
10-09-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't think MLSE is going anywhere in the short-term, but that doesn't mean we as supporters can't make Belogers aware of the buffoons that are currently running the show, which I think is certainly part of what our protests are about. Yes, I think we're stuck with Uncle Tom for the foreseeable future, and I don't think there's much we can do about that, but enough pressure from supporters could hopefully see decisions made re: TFC FO personnel changes in the short-term. For Rogers and Bell, it's all about content. TFC don't remotely come close to getting the TV numbers that the Leafs, Jays, or even Raptors do, so down the road if attendance continues to suffer, who's to say they wouldn't consider spinning off TFC as a sports property? Who's gonna buy? I don't know at this point. But surely there are a number of investors with Toronto ties who might want to take a stab at it - say, someone like an Alex Shnaider (who owns or owned Maccabi Tel-Aviv, I believe). That's my hope anyway.

brad
10-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Buyers wouldn't need to be in TO. The team could be bought and relocated.

Macksam
10-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Buyers wouldn't need to be in TO. The team could be bought and relocated.

I'm pretty sure it would never come to that. If MLSE were to sell the team, they should have no problem finding a local owner willing to buy it. It's an MLS franchise in Toronto, which screams high value in itself.

jazzy
10-09-2012, 08:03 PM
that's right it's not good enough. that's why as supporters we have to pressure them into making the right moves.

absolutely , what else is there ?....wait and pay , wait and pay.......seriously.....I'm so sick of fat white cats....living high on the hog...enjoying our hard earned entertainment dollars!......I'd like to think that dedicated soccer fans are not as gullible as hockey fans in this country......