Yohan
10-02-2012, 11:00 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/10/01/vote-now-att-goal-week-week-30

Fort York Redcoat
10-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Voted. Beauty.

__wowza
10-03-2012, 07:47 AM
im trying my best to stay off of the TFC facebook. everyone fuckin complains.
two videos posted, one of stefan frei's TIFO and a meet/greet with a fan, the other this, all of the comments:

"what does it matter? we still lost!"
"OMG why can't this team win?"
"this organization is a joke, mariner needs to get fired ASAP"
"we need better players!"

for fuck sakes, can't we even take the small victories anymore, or are fans so jaded that anything this organization puts out can be immediately shot down?

/rant.

voted as well, say what you will about henry's chip, this goal was a fuckin beaut for a player trying to exercise those inconsistent finishing demons!

narduch
10-03-2012, 07:51 AM
That's what 6 years of this garbage will do to a fanbase.

We are damaged.

I don't blame the fans, to be honest. If anything its shocking it took this long.

Ajax TFC
10-03-2012, 08:26 AM
two videos posted, one of stefan frei's TIFO and a meet/greet with a fan, the other this, all of the comments:

for fuck sakes, can't we even take the small victories anymore, or are fans so jaded that anything this organization puts out can be immediately shot down?

/rant.

voted as well, say what you will about henry's chip, this goal was a fuckin beaut for a player trying to exercise those inconsistent finishing demons!
Lol You forgot to mention Duncan Green calling everyone a "part time supporter" or "leafs fan"

TOBOR !
10-03-2012, 08:41 AM
what surprises me is that this surprises anyone.

Fort York Redcoat
10-03-2012, 09:09 AM

/rant.

It's FB.

It's at least a sports step away from BS.

The only thing lower would be Youtube comments IMO

narduch
10-03-2012, 09:26 AM
It's FB.

It's at least a sports step away from BS.

The only thing lower would be Youtube comments IMO

I disagree. I think its pretty telling of what even the casual fan thinks about the team's situation.

Its not just the crazy hardcore forum posters that are complaining. Facebook would probably have a wider audience.

Fort York Redcoat
10-03-2012, 09:56 AM
I disagree. I think its pretty telling of what even the casual fan thinks about the team's situation.

Its not just the crazy hardcore forum posters that are complaining. Facebook would probably have a wider audience.

We're saying the same thing in different ways. FB is more a casual sports fans forum. The negativity is a concern to FO. The opinion is not that concerning to me.

__wowza
10-03-2012, 10:26 AM

We're saying the same thing in different ways. FB is more a casual sports fans forum. The negativity is a concern to FO. The opinion is not that concerning to me.

you guys pretty much are saying the same thing.

the point i was making is that instead of appreciating ryans goal, commenting on it, fuck me.. even talking SOCCER (ie: no one closed him down, but still a hell of a shot!) almost every single post is "LOL, TEAM SUX", "we still lost", etc.

credit where credit is due, but has our city become so sports stupid that we don't even know the basic channels to complain through anymore? i see spam posts from our fans when we're up for GOTW, spam posts when our injured keeper does a meet and greet, spam posts WHEN WE WON THE FUCKING VOYAGERS CUP.

whatever. i get that people are jaded. people are just so jaded that anything positive about the team has to get shit smeared all over it. fuck, i even commended TFCs PR when some jagoff was all "HEY TFC WHY IS THERE NO POST ABOUT OUR 4-1 LOSS!?" and they responded with the fact that it had already been posted a day before.

ensco
10-03-2012, 10:47 AM
There's a lot to complain about, but it's not the players fault.

Given that their will be a lot of demonstrations of unhappiness in the stadium for the last two games, I thinking voting for one of our guys who actually did something good, is more important than usual.

Initial B
10-03-2012, 11:24 AM
But I thought Sarvas goal was better (what a howitzer!), so I voted for it.

ensco
10-03-2012, 01:02 PM
But I thought Sarvas goal was better (what a howitzer!), so I voted for it.

Funny. That was the least impressive of the five for me. Saborio's caught my eye. He's one of those players you drool over.

Initial B
10-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Saborio was my second choice, but I have a weakness for power shots.

Question: If Saborio came to TFC, how much would his production degrade?

v00d00daddy
10-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Saborio and Henry's were nicest for me because they weren't hit and hope for the best.

Those are perfectly weighted shots that the goalies were prepared for but could do nothing about.

I also think both the touch goals are harder to do than the hard shots.

Johnsons was beautiful too though

Richard
10-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I thought Saborio's goal was better, it had more finese. Number 2 is between Henry and Johnson. Henry's was a perfectly placed shot but the keeper quite frankly should have been in a position saved it, but credit to Henry for making that shot.

ensco
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
It's interesting. Saborio is the biggest, baddest player in MLS, by far, the one guy I'd kill to have on my team .... and 9999 out of 10000 people don't know his name.

__wowza
10-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Saborio and Henry's were nicest for me because they weren't hit and hope for the best.

Those are perfectly weighted shots that the goalies were prepared for but could do nothing about.

I also think both the touch goals are harder to do than the hard shots.

Johnsons was beautiful too though

henry's loses points because of who we had in net.
he came off his line when he really shouldn't have and left himself wide open to be chipped, the goal itself was pretty standard.

as for the johnson goal, i get what you meant about being hit hoping for the best.. but goddamn if it wasn't a thumper.